Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 27, 2018 11:10 AM
Jan 2018
TurboAutist said:
kaaamos said:

He did want to pilot, holy shit.

https://imgur.com/a/wAJyZ

When he was given the choice, he refused for no reason.

Except it wasn't the superiors who gave him a choice so he wouldn't be able to pilot. Also, he barely had any time as his friends were going to get killed and arguing would have wasted time
Jan 27, 2018 11:11 AM

Dec 2015
I just found this one of the other forum discussion for the show:

All problems aside, this episode was definitely the most...engaging? We got more insight in all the other parasites, and about half of them turn out of be unlikeable self-entitled brats. Miku and Zorome deserve each other because they are equally insufferable. Ichigo is the embodiment of thirst, and does NOT deserve a good guy like Goro. All we know about Futoshi is that he likes to eat to eat anpan, and Kokoro seems like the token "onee-san" character. I don't have much to say about Itsuko, yet I already dislike her for being associated with Mitsuru. Seeing Mitsuru getting completely wrecked by Zero Two was probably the satisfying moment and highlight of this episode for me.

Also, don't twist my words into thinking I am biased that this show is doomed to be bad for having such unlikeable characters. An unlikeable character ≠ A bad character. However, having too many characters that the audience cannot sympathize with will eventually ruin the overall enjoyment of the show.

Speaking of characters, Hiro is still really, really bland, and I couldn't care less what happens to him. We do learn a little bit more about him this episode, in that he...likes naming people?

Idk if I will keep watching this show, but so far this shows does enough stuff well that it is enough for me to come back weekly, mainly in the visuals department.
"Anime is trash and so am I."
Jan 27, 2018 11:12 AM

Jan 2018
animejas said:
For all the people that expect all MCs to be badasses and break their higher ups' commands, I'm sorry but you guys are wrong.

Hiro did the right and only call over here. His response is how most of us would reply if we were put in his shoes.

And for the people that compare him to Shinji, I know you people dont even see Evangelion or you are too retarded.

The higher ups wanted Shinji to fly the EVA but he constantly ran away. That is a pussy.

Hiro wanted to fly with Zero Two and he pleaded multiple times but he got shot down. That does not make him a pussy you retards.

This was a really great episode but damn most of the people here are just retards who think everyone have to be badasses.

I wasn't expecting him to be a badass, I was expecting him to have common sense, ignore an order that was clearly bullshit and pilot with Zero Two. After all, that was also what he wanted to do anyway, he wanted to see if he could actually pilot with Zero Two or just faint like it seems he did before.
Jan 27, 2018 11:14 AM
Mar 2009
Ah, i see, After the "i give you name" flashback i understand that Hiro as a double digits and smaller number supposed to be the leader of the gang beside Ichigo but after he cant ride Franxx, the respect of his gang to him going down to zero. I really curious to see the revelation of the Franxx world and how the community work after this episode.
Jan 27, 2018 11:15 AM
Nov 2017
GreenEmu said:
Getting real tired of this drama nonsense. I picked up this show for mechs, not teenage relationship drama. Also my god Hiro is the most spineless MC of the season. If it wasn't for the fact that he was the MC, he would have gotten NTR'd this episode. I'll give this one more episode, if Hiro doesn't do anything next ep then I'll drop this mess.
He’s honestly not spineless . If he was spineless he wouldn’t have stood up to Zorome and he wouldn’t have flat out made it public that he wants to ride with Zero two at any cost . Somebody that’s spineless wouldn’t do that . He’s not the most assertive in the group but he’s far from spineless
Jan 27, 2018 11:15 AM
Jan 2014
Jesus, people on this thread just like throwing the word "cuck" around like its singles at a club. Hiro wanted to go save his friends. Superiors said no. They were raised to be expendable killing machines and follow orders from birth. Like they even say that in the anime that this is what they were raised to do. Do you really think any of them know what rebelling is. And lets say he does try to rebel, he immediately get stopped before he gets anywhere and his friends die. Hiro made the right choice, let the pilot cleared to go, ride. It's faster than trying to argue with superiors. Ichigo and Gorou were like 1 sec from not being in this show anymore. It take more strength to throw away what you want for the sake of others, which is what Hiro did.
Jan 27, 2018 11:17 AM
Jan 2018
TurboAutist said:
And this series continues to be as contrived and predictable as it can possibly be. Of course that stupid drama regarding Ichigo and Hiro would be dragged out to another episode, of course the side characters heading out on a mission would result in them fucking up so the main characters have to go save their asses, of course Hiro would not want to get on the mecha despite spending two fucking episodes entirely going on about how he wanted to pilot the mecha, but for the sake of the plot showing what happens to Zero Two's partner for the second time, he suddenly didn't want to pilot anymore.

Somehow, this was even worse than the previous episode, which is saying something.

This is a 24 or 25 episode show. Going through a relationship drama in a mere two or three episodes would only be stupid. Especially when the characters in question are not conscious of the problem since all knowledge about sexuality was hidden from them. And it was obvious that he wanted to ride in Strelicia. And it was obvious that he didn’t want someone else to pilot with Zero Two, but he still choose not to because it was the right decision. Time was essential, and until they argued their way into letting him pilot the ones in danger might already be dead.

Apr 2012
It was a wonderful episode, especially the reference to the Starship Troopers (they were referring to this film in the scene with the main beetle, right?). I liked that on the one hand we see the formation of the relationship between 02 and Hiro, and on the other, his professional growth and attempts to earn a place in the team.

@GreenEmu Lol, how many times have I heard of NTR in this scene. Now they only need to portray the threesome and homosexuality, and it will be "Allusions to Sex. The Animation".

Sep 2013
first, unrelated to the quote below. I don't really get why people are so mad about the NTR in this. Everyone should have seen that comming after episode 2.
Hiro got to ride Ichigo in that episode and that's totally fine but if 02 has her fun with the random background character (especially considering the setting) to make a point that suddenly becomes OMG DROPPED territory?
Where's the difference here between what happened in ep2 and ep3? I'd probably even argue that they had an awful lot more reason to agree to it in ep3 if anything

felipeliborio said:

yeah, of course you are
Ichigo - 1(ICHI)5(GO)
Hiro - 1(icHI)6(ROku)
etc...

wow, such creativity! much impressed

just because noone pointed it out so far. The second one you put out is NOT how it works. The numbers have different readings and if you want to make a diss about how he's uncreative at least use the correct one instead of just copy&pasting the one you do happen to know because you surely don't come to "Hiro" by using the pronunciation "i・chi"...
Jan 27, 2018 11:18 AM

Jan 2018
iHai_xx said:
Except it wasn't the superiors who gave him a choice so he wouldn't be able to pilot. Also, he barely had any time as his friends were going to get killed and arguing would have wasted time

Who is suggesting that he should have wasted time arguing with them? When Zero Two asked him, he should have just answered "Yeah, let's go" and ignored his superiors. He also put Mitsuru in danger because he knew Zero Two had a reputation of killing her partners, so even morally he didn't really make the right call.
Jan 27, 2018 11:18 AM

Jul 2017

Hiro knows him trying to break the law will just turn against him and instead of causing more trouble when so much shit is going down, he made a decision that any normal person in his position would make including you if you were in his place.

And dont give me that bullshit that you'd be the badass and kick everyone's butts.

Hiro made the right logical choice to save his friends and not cause more bullshit.

Not everyone is a badass.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting
NoLiferSoulFeb 2, 2018 9:51 AM
Jan 27, 2018 11:20 AM
Jan 2018
[quote=TurboAutist message=53856871]
iHai_xx said:
Except

Who is suggesting that he should have wasted time arguing with them? When Zero Two asked him, he should have just answered "Yeah, let's go" and ignored his superiors. He also put Mitsuru in danger because he knew Zero Two had a reputation of killing her partners, so even morally he didn't really make the right call.

that's not how the military works. you can't just ignore superiors. they would have held him back or restrained him anyway
Jan 27, 2018 11:20 AM

May 2015
TurboAutist said:
iHai_xx said:

Killing her partners after MULTIPLE rides with her. Just once is really nothing to worry about.

Jan 27, 2018 11:21 AM
Jan 2018
Hiro being a "cuck" is not a legitimate criticism of this episode. End of story
Jan 27, 2018 11:22 AM

Jan 2018
iHai_xx said:
that's not how the military works. you can't just ignore superiors. they would have held him back or restrained him anyway

The thing is that the superiors didn't have much choice themselves either. Or were they really willing to let the others get killed for the sake of the rules getting obeyed? I don't think so.
Jan 27, 2018 11:22 AM

Aug 2017
What I get from this episode is that Hiro felt somehow trapped in a bird cage detrimenting his full potential thus his behaviour is that of a powerless; useless; undecided; etc, you take it.

Even his darling is trying to convinving him of get out of there, as she already has sensed his inner capacity. The superiors forbidding him of piloting might have their own reasons of doing so and we will know for sure.

By the way, the drama might looks juvenile but it's expected, after all aren't they just teens in their path to maturiry, I foresee more non-sense from them and I wouldn't mind actually if is that so.

At the moment, personally this is the more enjoyable show that have been airing recently. I'm remaining watching and looking forward to it.
Jan 27, 2018 11:24 AM

Dec 2015
Swagernator said:
Will they ever learn ? Is this what they want ? Is this some unfunny kind of fetish ? Is it a national sport ?

At the beginning i had high hopes for this show, but they were continually crushed by incompetence of this generic, lame, without spine and balls, good for nothing, looser, pussy, whiny, harem, trash tier like MC. The design of mechas is sick, the animation is great, but all this is for nothing when we get AGAIN this "Nippon want them" male MC. Not going to mention that group of walking cliche-brat characters, and that "main" girl with horns that act like she eat the wisdom of the whole world.

Shame ...

This could be such a good show ...

Welcome to my drop list.
Yeah, you pretty much summed up my problems with this anime in one paragraph. This show is starting to become Kiznaiver + mechs. At least Kiznaiver didn't have unnecessary fanservice, a self-insert MC, and generically designed/trashy characters. The only reason why I am not immediately dropping this is because Trigger is at least somewhat involved in its production, and I have faith that Trigger's aesthetic could at least pull this show up from being total trash. imo aesthetic = narrative (or at least is just as important). The show's main concept is somewhat intriguing, and the overall "feel"/look of the show is just appealing enough for me to continue, but I can't say for much longer.
"Anime is trash and so am I."
Jan 27, 2018 11:24 AM
Jan 2018
TurboAutist said:
iHai_xx said:

The thing is that the superiors didn't have much choice themselvese either. Or were they really willing to let the others get killed for the sake of the rules getting obeyed? I don't think so.

As far as the superiors are concerned, Hiro piloting streliizia was a fluke. Also, 02's partners only die after multiple rides, not one ride.
Jan 27, 2018 11:25 AM

Jan 2008
Oh boy this thread.

Hiro did the right thing - yes. But his way of saying it was bad. At least I think it would be better if he said to 02:

"Please save my dear friends (, darling)."

She would be go with Mitsuru in a happier way.
Sure Mitsuru would still suffer, which he deserves it), but it wouldn't turn into such awful situation where we stand right now. It's not the fact that Hiro let it happen, I don't like his words he said that made the whole fiasco.

The only true cuckhold is the plot aka the commando that doesn't let him ride with 02. Otherwise we would have a great episode where we could finally enjoy some mecha fighting and see how much 02 and Hiro can do.

Edit -

I have the fear that Hiro is now actually afraid to pilot 02. As he those rumors were true and Mitsuru is injured. Which he blocks himself again to pilot. One can hope they don't go that way.
GREWJan 27, 2018 11:30 AM
Jan 27, 2018 11:26 AM
Apr 2013
I don't think that Hiro is a spineless coward, or a 'cuck', or another Shinji. As several others have iterated he actively has been trying for the last two episode to get in the goddamn mecha with Zero Two. He wants to fight. Making the undesirable call isn't a bad trait, but I do think a good portion of the show is going to be him emerging as more independent, 'leader-like' figure that he seemed to be in the flashback.

What doesn't help is that the show is bending over backwards to make it some 'forbidden love' kind of shit, where their superiors won't let them get together because 'reasons', EVEN THOUGH THEY KNOW HE WON'T DIE PILOTING WITH ZERO TWO. They're intentionally dragging out their official pairing-up because 'drama sells' which pisses me off because the show, so far, is terrible at it.

This isn't helped by the fact that outside Zero-Two, basically every other character is bland (Ichigo, Hiro, the pair in the black and green mecha, and glasses girl), abrasive (tsundere girl who fainted this episode), fucking horrible and unsympathetic (Zorome and Mitsuru, if they don't develop a bit they'll be some of the worst characters I've ever seen), have no real characterisation (basically everyone other than the pilots), or are Goro (who has the decency to be 'bro' character and thus somewhat likeable).

I'm gonna keep watching because the action is dumb Trigger fun and I like that, but they REALLY need to step up their game in writing and characterisation.

Also, I feel this show is just as pretentious about its fairly shallow themes as other Trigger shows.
Jan 27, 2018 11:27 AM

Aug 2009
Why is Hiro such a freaking cuck?

Please anime industry stop making cuck main characters.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jan 27, 2018 11:28 AM
Jan 2018
Pilchowski said:
I don't think that Hiro is a spineless coward, or a 'cuck', or another Shinji. As several others have iterated he actively has been trying for the last two episode to get in the goddamn mecha with Zero Two. He wants to fight. Making the undesirable call isn't a bad trait, but I do think a good portion of the show is going to be him emerging as more independent, 'leader-like' figure that he seemed to be in the flashback.

What doesn't help is that the show is bending over backwards to make it some 'forbidden love' kind of shit, where their superiors won't let them get together because 'reasons', EVEN THOUGH THEY KNOW HE WON'T DIE PILOTING WITH ZERO TWO. They're intentionally dragging out their official pairing-up because 'drama sells' which pisses me off because the show, so far, is terrible at it.

This isn't helped by the fact that outside Zero-Two, basically every other character is bland (Ichigo, Hiro, the pair in the black and green mecha, and glasses girl), abrasive (tsundere girl who fainted this episode), fucking horrible and unsympathetic (Zorome and Mitsuru, if they don't some of the worst characters I've ever seen), have no real characterisation (basically everyone other than the pilots), or are Goro (who has the decency to be 'bro' character and thus somewhat likeable).

I'm gonna keep watching because the action is dumb Trigger fun and I like that, but they REALLY need to step up their game in writing and characterisation.

Also, I feel this show is just as pretentious about its fairly shallow themes as other Trigger shows.

It’s episode 3 out of 24 or 25. The characters will grow just give them time.
Jan 27, 2018 11:29 AM
Dec 2012
GREW said:
Oh boy this thread.

Hiro did the right thing - yes. But his way of saying it was bad. At least I think it would be better if he said to 02:

Sure Mitsuru would still suffer, which he deserves it), but it wouldn't turn into such awful situation where we stand right now. It's not the fact that Hiro let it happen, I don't like his words he said that made the whole fiasco.

The only true cuckhold is the plot aka the commando that doesn't let him ride with 02. Otherwise we would have a great episode where we could finally enjoy some mecha fighting and see how much 02 and Hiro can do.

If you follow this, I think you'll understand.

It was a hard decision for Hiro to make and he did not make it lightly, he may even still be doubting himself when he made it, like "is this the right call?". To say something like "save my friends", he would have to be absolutely sure of himself and his decision. When he said please, it was like implicit "please don't make me say this... just go...".

Mod Edit: Removed embeds
NoLiferSoulFeb 2, 2018 9:58 AM
Jan 27, 2018 11:30 AM
May 2016
I think I preferred this episode over the first two. The first episode had a mix of things I like(02) and things I didn't, while episode two was a bit too much fanservice for my taste.

This episode however, kept fanservice minimal, spent some time developing the supporting cast a bit, spent time with 02, which is always a good time in my book, had a few well done scenes(the one where Hiro and 02 overlooked the city was amazing), and had steady pacing. I gave episode 1 a 6, 2 a 3, and this episode gets a 9.
Jan 27, 2018 11:32 AM

Jan 2018
iHai_xx said:
As far as the superiors are concerned, Hiro piloting streliizia was a fluke. Also, 02's partners only die after multiple rides, not one ride.

Which makes no sense because they're well aware that Hiro got on Strelizia before and it went just fine, it would be more logical to let him enter again to save the others than stopping because he couldn't pilot the other mecha with Ichigo.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post
NoLiferSoulFeb 2, 2018 10:01 AM
Jan 27, 2018 11:33 AM
Apr 2013
Alexios_Blake said:
Pilchowski said:

This isn't helped by the fact that outside Zero-Two, basically every other character is bland (Ichigo, Hiro, the pair in the black and green mecha, and glasses girl), abrasive (tsundere girl who fainted this episode), fucking horrible and unsympathetic (Zorome and Mitsuru, if they don't some of the worst characters I've ever seen), have no real characterisation (basically everyone other than the pilots), or are Goro (who has the decency to be 'bro' character and thus somewhat likeable).

It’s episode 3 out of 24 or 25. The characters will grow just give them time.

I will. It just bothers me that the show seems to expectme to care without reason, especially if the characters aren't particularly likeable (except Goro, I'm always a fan of the 'bro' type of character).

Jan 2016
People complaining and dropping it? Good, then the threads might be interesting to read through without every other comment being a copy paste of the other one.

It's funny how people complain about characters being to OP and getting harems and shit, while still complaining about characters being human?

Hiro will get better, he desperately wants to fight, his reasons are very human and normal. He wants to prove himself cause there is no meaning to his life except piloting a franxx. He let the other dude pilot with 02 today cause he probably deep down wanted him to fail to prove that he is the only one compatible with 02

Jan 2008
[quote=kaaamos message=53857070]
GREW said:
Oh boy this thread.

If you follow this, I think you'll understand.

It was a hard decision for Hiro to make and he did not make it lightly, he may even still be doubting himself when he made it, like "is this the right call?". To say something like "save my friends", he would have to be absolutely sure of himself and his decision. When he said please, it was like implicit "please don't make me say this... just go...".
/quote]

Missing the part where he said "Go with Mitsuru" (16:49). It is hard, but what is worse, his friends are dead or his choice?
NoLiferSoulFeb 2, 2018 10:04 AM
Jan 27, 2018 11:34 AM
Jan 2011
I guess Mitsure got a taste of the real world. Did you notice that the Franxx moved based on ZeroTwo's mouth movement?
Jan 27, 2018 11:35 AM

Sep 2017
Wish Hiro would have been a little less spineless. At least this way we see that he really is the only one who can pilot Strelizia. I don't really understand why everyone gets so f'd up piloting it tho. I mean they did say its more challenging to pilot than the other mechs. I guess Zero Two is also very hard to stay in synchronization with or something and that causes a lot of strain on the male.
Jan 27, 2018 11:38 AM
Jul 2018
Holy shit the thread is too damn heated.

In all seriousness people are complaining about "cucklord" MCs, when if anything mecha had this shit since the fucking beginning. This is nothing new, it's a matter of growing and seeing how these characters are evolving from it.

In Hiro's case yes, he's spineless. But can you really blame him due to his nature displayed in the show? Just gonna ask this.

Now as for the "drama bullshit" I dunno. I thought the drama part here is good, but not to where it is extremely amazing or anything.

Oh yeah btw. The people that are calling out on the people defending Hiro, I would like you guys say when people go against your thoughts when you said nothing, talking hypothetically. :L

This shit goes nowhere.
Jan 27, 2018 11:38 AM
Jul 2018
No, he couldn't go because he's officially NOT a certified pilot. His superiors couldn't still fully trust him yet after he failed the mock battle with the other girl as partner.

So they decided to send her with the best pilot in the room available at the moment that was also emotionally stable.

Also, this episode demonstrated that nobody else other than Hiro can go along 002 without repercussions on their own body. So basically the next episode they will surely become an official "pairing".

I still give them the benefit of the doubt about the MC being "spineless" until the next couple episodes. But this one was overall enjoyable, maybe a little more than the previous one.

NoLiferSoulFeb 2, 2018 10:08 AM
Jan 27, 2018 11:40 AM

Aug 2008
It's nice they have 24 episodes and can take their time but they really need to cut the crap. This episode was done completely by the book, we know he's going to ride with oni chick, we know that guy hate him same way as that other loud twat, so why waste so much time on cheap drama. Heck, they didn't even bother slapping fanservice on this episode. You can read its 5 line summary and not miss anything.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jan 27, 2018 11:42 AM
Jan 2018
There's more shit to criticize other that Hiro being a "cuck". For example, the monster design or the lack of focus on a specific character. The episode tries to focus on everyone but instead it spreads itself too thinly.
Jan 27, 2018 11:42 AM
Dec 2017
It was not an episode of very important events, but I liked it. I hope that mistruru is dead, that maybe would give more air to the story. Anyway let's see how this anime is going to come out
Jan 27, 2018 11:43 AM
Dec 2012
SupremeEdgelord said:
No, he couldn't go because he's officially NOT a certified pilot. His superiors couldn't still fully trust him yet after he failed the mock battle with the other girl as partner.

So they decided to send her with the best pilot in the room available at the moment that was also emotionally stable.

Also, this episode demonstrated that nobody else other than Hiro can go along 002 without repercussions on their own body. So basically the next episode they will surely become an official "pairing".

I still give them the benefit of the doubt about the MC being "spineless" until the next couple episodes. But this one was overall enjoyable, maybe a little more than the previous one.

Hiro is not spineless, far from it. He never ran from any situation so far and acted like a true leader in this weeks episode by prioritizing his friends lives over his feelings.

Mod Edit: Removed deleted part of quote
NoLiferSoulFeb 2, 2018 10:13 AM
Jan 27, 2018 11:54 AM

Apr 2008
This thread is hilarious, people throwing insults like "cuck", "pussy", "beta" and stuff like it's nothing :D I dare people to try disobeying their superiors in the military, I'm sure it's going to end well and they're not going to court-martial your ass for mutiny (if you're lucky and not living in a military dictatorship and get shot right at the spot). Plus, he's a child soldier along with the rest of his peers, he's known no other environment. They let Zero Two off the hook because she's a special case and they fear her, but Hiro is not even initiated yet.
Also those people who are comparing him to Shinji is another can of worms. I'm not going to get into it because it's another topic.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this signature is unavailable in your region.
Jan 27, 2018 12:02 PM

Mar 2010
Actually, while this episode does stink to high heavens of NTR, and I had this horrible feeling the plot would be going in that direction since last episode, Hiro had some serious balls to tell Zero Two to ride w/ the asshat. It was quite obvious that he was bothered by the idea of someone else going with Zero Two, but there was no actual choice to be made in this case. (Was hoping asshat would have a shock of white hair or the like instead of just minor wounds. He's being a total dick to the cutie megane-chan.)

Everyone seems to be overlooking a major issue with Hiro's stance so far. In that situation, the only way to prevent the deaths of the rest of the team was for her to go, and Hiro was basically ordered to not-go. Everything we have seen in this setup is basically military, so if he had tried to force himself as Zero Two's stamen, it would have been surprising if he was not executed for insubordination or treason, PLUS everyone else would then die since it would be a pretty safe bet that Zero Two is not going to be eager to help anyone if her Darling is dead.

TurboAutist said:
iHai_xx said:

The thing is that the superiors didn't have much choice themselves either. Or were they really willing to let the others get killed for the sake of the rules getting obeyed? I don't think so.

Yes. They absolutely would let foot soldiers die if that is what their orders are. It is genuinely laughable to believe otherwise.

EDIT: Totally unrelated to any of this drama, but.... Has anyone else noticed...

Mod Edit: Merged double post
NoLiferSoulFeb 2, 2018 10:21 AM
Jan 27, 2018 12:27 PM

Mar 2017
Got some yandere 02 today. I really like the show, but the action was kinda off, I dunno. This behind the shoulder running was awesome though. Hope, 16 will finally ge in the fcking robot next week, cause he literally does nothing.

Cocona best girl.

5/5
Jan 27, 2018 12:30 PM

Aug 2013
Yet another series where the entire series is carried by one character and the sexual undertones and fanservice detract from the worth of the atmosphere or main conflict.
Don't believe the hype.
Jan 27, 2018 12:31 PM

Feb 2014
Welp, Mitsuru was kinda acting a bit high 'n' mighty throughout the episode and when he was gifted the chance to pilot Strelizia with Zero Two, he let it all go to his head, ran his mouth like a race car and almost cost him his life.

Although I really wanted Hiro to pilot with Zero Two during the emergency, the superiors were very adamant in refusing him. Besides, if some users here actually used some of their brain cells a bit, then they would know that if Hiro betrayed his superior's orders, then he would be in deep trouble. He would be done for treason and his sentence would be pretty severe as well, so he really had no choice in the matter. So the 'spineless' remarks are a little pathetic, honestly.

That's why @Tokoya's post earlier was pure brilliance. Good job! =D

Still, the action, soundtrack and enemy designs were pretty good, as well as the animation too, so I'm still enjoying this show for what it's worth.

I won't deny that the drama is getting a little dragged at times, but I'm hoping that Hiro will pilot with Zero Two again, prove his doubters wrong, then hopefully there'll be more action-filled episodes in the future.
Jan 27, 2018 12:33 PM

Feb 2016
Hiro and 02 asked TWICE to get in the strelitzia to save them, but the superiors rejected their request. Their friends are about to get killed, would you people really waste time trying to make the superiors change their mind? (Assuming that they won't change their mind no matter what you say) Hiro did the correct choice letting Mitsuru ride with 02 instead of wasting time. IS THIS SO FREAKING HARD TO UNDERSTAND?

NoLiferSoulFeb 2, 2018 10:24 AM
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jan 27, 2018 12:35 PM
Jul 2018
So Hiro was once a very cheerful person in a place deprived of that. However someting must had happened that caused him to turn in this empty individual that just wants to find a purpose in life.
It would had been nice to have some hint bits of his past prior to everything that happened in episode 2 (it would had made the whole episode more impactful)... Nevertheless, at least this makes Ichigo romantic interest for Hiro a bit more belivable.
Slowly but surely this is turning into a good series.
Jan 27, 2018 12:36 PM

Jul 2010
Why are they all so unlikable, really try my hardest to actually give any shit about any of these characters and I know we are only 3 eps in but man it's rough so far.

What's the appeal of Zero Two again? just the design? Cuz all she does is darling this and that wanting the D from the bland MC but I guess that's enough for some people.
Jan 27, 2018 12:59 PM
Mar 2017
Like many people have said before me, the drama is over the top, imo I like the drama since it keeps my attention to what will happen next episode.

For a basic anime watcher like me the episode isnt as bad as people have been claiming it to be above.
Jan 27, 2018 1:07 PM
May 2017
ok so the pace seems real sluggish compared to the first ep.
I really don't care about any of the characters so far and the fighting scenes have been underwhelming so far, as well.

I still enjoy the desings and animation and feel slightly intrigued to see if there's more depth to this story than it seems at first glance, but if shit doesn't pick up in the next couple of eps. i might just drop this, i rather rewatch NGE tbh
Jan 27, 2018 1:07 PM

Jul 2013
i'm surprised to see so much criticism (from the first half of page 1, anyway; got tired of reading comments and came to make my own instead from that point), because i quite liked this episode... in fact the show is growing on me with each passing episode, it seems. i wanted to drop it from ep 1, but i warmed up to it by ep 2, and this episode i liked even more than ep 2. it's still only a 7/10 for me so far but there's not much else i'm watching this season so it's good enough so far to keep up with it.

i do agree that the relationship drama is bs, though. i'm hoping they do the opposite of kiznaiver - get all that biz out the way at the beginning for a solid plot rather than have the "climax" of the show be all about relationship bs. though maybe all we're gonna get is relationship bs... welp.

i mean, gotta be honest tho, i think i really am only watching this for zero two LOL. goro and the grey/white haired girl are the only likeable ones out of the whole bunch so far, for me. (glasses girl is inoffensive but we literally know nothing about her yet other than she's introverted. -_-)
Jan 27, 2018 1:11 PM

Aug 2015
Toadesstern said:
first, unrelated to the quote below. I don't really get why people are so mad about the NTR in this. Everyone should have seen that comming after episode 2.
Hiro got to ride Ichigo in that episode and that's totally fine but if 02 has her fun with the random background character (especially considering the setting) to make a point that suddenly becomes OMG DROPPED territory?
Where's the difference here between what happened in ep2 and ep3? I'd probably even argue that they had an awful lot more reason to agree to it in ep3 if anything

I think the difference is how the characters reacted to it. In episode 2 Zero two was clearly imposing over Ichigo, she allowed her to pilot with Hiro, and she made a smug face when Ichigo and Hiro's synchronization dropped. In episode 3 you get Hiro being all depressed and sad, plus 02 seems a bit annoyed, even though she seems to understand his reasoning.
I don't think episode 3 or 2 were bad btw.

It seems Hiro is starting to take a liking to 02.
Jan 27, 2018 1:15 PM

Dec 2017
Lick_My_Anime said:
Like many people have said before me, the drama is over the top, imo I like the drama since it keeps my attention to what will happen next episode.

For a basic anime watcher like me the episode isnt as bad as people have been claiming it to be above.

exactly, this is nearly not the drama, for example, that Evangelion had, yet most of the people here would claim it a masterpiece

people biased as always
Jan 27, 2018 1:35 PM

Aug 2014
Pretty good so far, I like the style and I can't wait to see what's going to happen when Hiro gets to pilot again. Mitsuru got messed up, wonder if he's dead or just incapacitated.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why does Kokoro get so much hate? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 15, 2022

70 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Jun 12, 6:59 PM

» How do we feel about this one years later? ( 1 2 3 )

sorames - Jun 10, 2023

115 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Jun 12, 6:46 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2018

568 by ToleratedToast6 »»
Jun 11, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

335 by Meltedlizard »»
Jun 10, 3:33 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 23 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

49 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Jun 6, 5:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.