Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Jan 12, 2015 4:00 PM
Apr 2014
The show started out as a 10/10 but had some 8/10 moments, so overall a 9/10 from me.
Jan 13, 2015 4:29 PM

Oct 2013
10/10 omg loved this anime from the first episode till the very last, got slightly worried at the baddy girl with her teddybears showing up but we didn't even see her too often.

Great story, great characters, great pacing, great action, some amazing animation. I really wouldn't have minded a longer season for this story, I wouldn't say it felt rushed at all, it was just an epic rollercoaster ride. I had no idea this was based off a cardgame. MAPPA deserves epic respect for what they pulled off here. Yay!
Jan 16, 2015 3:16 AM

Oct 2008
Nowhere near as great as people made it out to be ,like anime of the year and such.
If it weren't for the main characters (mostly Favaro) and the overall visual presentation (character design and animation) this would have been a completely generic and forgettable "angels vs demons/ancient power that will destroy everything" type of high fantasy story.The action scenes felt very long and mind numbing at times,we've seen these "epic fights that determine the fate of the world" with opera singers in the background countless times by now so its nothing new.Exactly like the previous Mappa title Zankyou No Terror it had a really great premise and first few episodes,but along the way it kinda lost steam and didn't fulfill it full potential.
As it is its just fine.It felt very rushed at times ,12 episodes was far to less for this type of story,but still fairly enjoyable.
amateurJan 16, 2015 3:25 AM
Jan 19, 2015 7:32 AM

Nov 2013
This scene made me smile :)
Loved Cerberus!

TachiiFeb 3, 2015 2:45 PM

Jan 19, 2015 1:22 PM

Dec 2012
So do people know Favaro saved the world? Or does he just disappear after the blast?
Jan 19, 2015 4:45 PM

Oct 2013
What an epic journey! I really didn't expect it to be this great when I started to watch it. Nice art usually leads to average or boring story, but not this one. Maybe it was a little to fast, but I enjoyed it to the fullest.
I'll give it 9/10.
Jan 21, 2015 6:51 AM

Jan 2015
Ending was bit unexpected most all good people turn evil and Evil people came for help to stop Bahamut
Jan 21, 2015 12:01 PM

Feb 2013
DejWoSWK said:
6-7/10.

I liked the first few episodes the most. Then plot started progressing way too fast for my liking and felt too...random?

Agree, the plot really dropped in quality after episode 6 or so, there was a shocking amount of bad story manipulation issues, I was going to give it a nine, but it went down to a 7
Jan 22, 2015 2:16 AM

Jun 2013
Didn't think that lavalley would be the one.. Also beelzebub met a tame end to his life.. What was with the Cerberus helping the angels too. I can understand azazel helping but her too? Wonder why Lucifer didn't show himself at all. I mean he is supposed to be stronger than Beelzebub . all in all, a satisfying end to a nice anime. The animation was just brilliant. Fantastically animated for the fight scenes. Could not ask for more from mappa.
Jan 24, 2015 11:40 AM

Dec 2008
Wow! This was WAY better than I thought it was going to be.

"I'll be back!" Yes, and I hope it'll be soon.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jan 25, 2015 7:49 PM

Jun 2014
Like most people agree the first few episodes were definite 10/10 but the rest of the show couldn't keep up. However, that's not to say it was bad, or even mediocre. This was a solid show with a very interesting fantasy world (can't remember the last anime that did dragons justice).

While the end felt rushed, given that this was based on a freaking card game, I was pleasantly surprised. Overall, the world felt so unique, the characters were fresh, and the action was good. It just had high production values overall. and they didn't resort to random power ups. Which brings me to a point I want to bring up.

Given the circumstances, they could have just made everyone start shooting lasers out of their eyeballs by the end, but no. They respected the viewers and knew that we were watching this show not for dbz fights but the story, characters, art,etc. In so many anime with these fantasy settings, all that happens is the mc powers up to beat the final boss or whatever.
Anyways,
Overall a 9/10 for me.
Jan 31, 2015 3:10 PM

Jul 2013
Flew under my radar but finally got to see it. The direction, animation, humor and overall presentation were pretty solid. Character were fun and had charm, even if some of them were lacking in development department. Pace and antagonists hurt the show.
I also respect what they did with the ending. Bittersweet and full circle. Some parts were underwhelming but the writers certainly had balls.
WTF happened with Rita?
Feb 5, 2015 12:25 PM

Jan 2013
Awesome, really mean it. 9/10
Feb 6, 2015 10:23 PM

Jan 2013
High fantasy anime like this one aren't supposed to be plot-tastic, it's all reliant on execution and this anime did a fan-fucking-tastic job. Especially an anime based on a game adaptation. 9/10, if it was 2 cour I would have given this a 10/10 on the spot.

An extra cour would have fleshed out some characters and expanded some holes more but I'm just nitpicking.
Feb 7, 2015 12:15 AM

Mar 2012
The biggest thing i like about the show was its lack of filler, which so many shows use. I love a show that's completely to-the-point, when one thing ends boom another begins. I like that, a lot.
There were some characters that gave off the impression that they should have been more to the show than they were....the biggest one i can name is Lucifer, the supposed current leader of the demons, but he was only shown once for maybe less than 30 seconds? Felt like for someone as high in status as him, he would be a bit more important to the show than just a random side character equivalent to a random civilian found on the streets of the capital.

Besides this, it was pretty good for a demon vs god/fantasy anime. I'd give it a modest 8/10...definately a good watch

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Feb 9, 2015 11:09 AM

Apr 2014
Truly Amazing!
Now THIS is how you make an anime adaptation out of a game that did not even have a story.
There were many elements that were relatively new to me which made the experience all the more memorable.
It was clearly rushed but I commend it for being very straight to the point. They did not even have much aside from their imagination when making the characters lol.
I love the characters, especially the unconventional MC Fava :>
& I like Rita's class (Loli Zombie Necromancer) lol. I would love to see more anime where a Main or Side character is a Necromancer like Kore wa Zombie desu ka? hehe.

Hope for a second season with fluid epicness & better pacing.
Darn them for using that I'll be back Art!
Feb 10, 2015 6:30 AM

Jan 2012
absolute shit

this whole fucking thing should have been a 1hr 30 min movie instead

characters and music choice were horrid

everything else is forgettable

lol @ 7.9x rating

mal has gone full retard

fuckthisgayearth.gif
Feb 21, 2015 9:35 AM

Oct 2012
Meh, this was really underwhelming episode and bad way how to end the series. The execution was very bad (again). Bahamut should be great monster but they animated him very poorly. Story was also very weak towards the end of this series, far gone was brilliance of its first half, almost as creators didn't know how to end this properly.

It wasn't bad anime but it got worse and worse in terms of scripts and suddenly they started using some bad cliches that wasn't in previous episodes. All in all, great start but very bad end.

6/10
Feb 21, 2015 10:58 PM
May 2012
T'was pretty bored when I watched the first episode and even until the last one. The characters were not that likeable, especially Amira, she was just plain boring. Story does not interest me much but the animation I could say is pretty much decent.

5/10
Feb 25, 2015 12:26 PM

Feb 2011
This anime is definitely one of my AOTY 2014. Yeah i know i just finished watching it :p i was planning to watch it when it was finished airing but for some reason it managed to slipped off my mind and i didn't remember it until now...

I do have some few words to say, Rage of Bahamut anime does has some beautiful quality animations, badass characters designs and amazing soundtrack :) even though i find the anime is quite short with only 12 episodes. Overall it will definitely getting an 8/10 from me :)

I do believe that if the anime has an total 24 episodes or more, i think it will be even better. but oh well... :/ at least i can hope for an second season.

I'm really looking forward on what gods,demons,humans,monsters,dragons,animals, will be appearing in the next season!
srwgfanFeb 25, 2015 12:33 PM
Feb 26, 2015 7:12 PM

Nov 2010
~ I had put this on hold till now, It feels rush to me, poorly executed. ~

~ Bahamut was like lifeless, didn't even sound intimidating like they portray on earlier episodes. I love the no filler episodes though. Really sad =[, ~
Mar 3, 2015 3:31 AM

Sep 2010
This is what one should expect from an adaptation of a game without story.

Still this story did had a lot of potential if only it was changed a little. I did like two main characters so if only rather than "all that magical bullshit with demons angels and magic" we simply got "bounty hunters story in less magical fantasy setting".

After all, apart from the story (animation, sounds, etc) everything was on very high level.
(At least for me because if someone actually enjoyed the story it's a hip hip hurray anime for them)
Mar 7, 2015 9:00 AM

Mar 2008
I really loved it, but it still could have been SO much more. Especially when it comes to the "depth" of the characters. They were all awesome and had so much potential, but in the end there wasn't much to the majority of them. Which is my main complain with the show... but I had so much fun watching it, so I'm giving it an 8/10! Pretty sure I wouldn't mind rewatching it sometime in the future. Also, the character designs are some of my all time-favorites... the lore is amazing!
The ending was bittersweet and cute. Didn't think it was cheesy, it was really fitting..
Mar 9, 2015 4:02 PM

Mar 2012
The series was pretty great at the beginning though the last two episodes, as awesome as they looked, were a bit iffy. Still a nice surprise for an anime based of a mobile game though I feel that the pacing was a bit too fast. Might've made a good 24 episode series.

Venom900 said:
The biggest thing i like about the show was its lack of filler, which so many shows use.

Probably because this anime is only 12 episodes long so it would be pointless? Not to mention that it's not even an adaptation of a manga or novel lol.
Mar 12, 2015 2:00 PM

Nov 2014
Good story and animation, but bad character development. feels like it could have been even better. Still good show. 8.5/10

Mar 18, 2015 4:45 AM
Mar 2014
Daamn that kiss.

What a great ride, this show was truely amazing. 9/10
Mar 22, 2015 12:24 PM

Sep 2012
wow that was a big bang of a ending. i look forward to season 2.
Mar 23, 2015 9:49 AM

Aug 2010
Wow, that was pretty cool. This series is quite unlike the 'usual' ones and for that, I like it, though it would be better if perhaps there were more episodes to let the story develop more and so that it's not so rushed.

I like the setting, and I quite like the characters as well! The animation is kinda cool and the music for this series is so so awesome!!!

Though I feel that at the end, this series could have been...more? I dont know, that's just the feel that I get~
May 9, 2015 7:27 AM

Nov 2014
Why no Rita epilogue? :(
May 21, 2015 12:18 PM

Oct 2009
Only problem with this was the pacing. Otherwise so dam great!
TBH I loved the first 2 episodes the best though, then it turned into a standard fantasy story. Still very well done, very entertaining. I could just watch this all day!

Great ride but it wasn't really anything that special for me, 7/10. Looking forward to the sequel!

Also Rita best character hands down!
May 29, 2015 3:20 AM

Jun 2008
For a card game adaption, it was pretty damn good. It's much better than any game to anime adaptions i've seen so far :O Loved the ost, animation and the music~! I didn't think i would like Favaro in the beginning of the series but as the series progresses he becomes a much likable character in the end :) At the end of the episode, Favaro was seen touching his butt which i am going to assume his tail is still there X'D Which means Amira is probably alive somewhere :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2015 6:37 AM
Dec 2009
Great ending! I watched the first six episode of this show as it was airing and put it on hold because I was busy... but I'm very glad I came back to it. The animation is truly beautiful, so many shots are really like paintings. The soundtrack is also solid and added to many of the fight scenes.

It was really great to see such a detailed and nitty gritty fantasy world like this, I'm assuming we have to thank the original mobile game for all the amazing character designs and settings. I have never been able to get into trading card based mobile games so I don't think I'll play the source material but if there is another season of anime (I'll be back!?!?!), sign me up!
Sep 7, 2015 8:37 PM

May 2015
I didn't expect that detail level, that animation quality, that great soundtrack...

Now I can say... This anime was great and the end was simply epic, the cg was incredible too... wow I only can flatter this show.

8/10

Sep 8, 2015 4:42 PM

Jan 2012
It was decent in my opiobon therefore a 6/10 and I wouldn't mind a season 2

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Sep 21, 2015 7:13 PM

Oct 2013
Absolutely mind blowing! did not expect this anime to be that great! So well made and just pure fkng awesome!

9/10!!

I wonder what there gonna do with Season 2 and I hope to god that's not a fail and is just as good, if not better than 1st season.

I just hope in Season 2 they find out that Favaro is The Holy Knight.

Great thing about this anime is other animes have all the good shit happen near the end where as this just throws the good shit right at you from beginning to end!

Only gripe I have is if Bahumut's weakness is on his head then surely the angles or demons could somehow fly about and just stab him right?

Or is it only weak towards the Holy Knight?

Btw, THIS IS BASED OFF OF A MOBILE CARD GAME!!!!!!!??????

MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!!!!!! I want these guys for every video game adaption!
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Oct 13, 2015 11:44 PM

Jun 2012
That was really good. The animation is very impressive - never have I seen such destruction done so well.

I also really liked the characters, they felt real and had meaning. Especially Favaro and Kaisar, reminding me on Samurai Champloo, make the show continuously interesting.

From me, either 8 or 9/10. I'm really glad I chose this one to marathon, something that keeps my interest every episode and doesn't make me feel tired.

Looking forward to S2, and more Rita :3

Oct 31, 2015 2:18 PM

Oct 2014
It was a good anime
Makes me wonder what Lucifer was up to during the whole thing since he clearly didn't care about Bahamut
Jan 20, 2016 10:08 PM

Sep 2015
A meh end to a pretty average show. When all is said and done though does this series really need a sequel? Can't really see where they would go from here. Well, i guess if there is a new mobile game to promote they'll think of something.
Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier
Jan 29, 2016 6:59 PM

Jun 2015
Great show and ending, enjoyable characters and I will be excited to see what season 2 has in store for us!
Feb 7, 2016 2:48 AM

Dec 2008
JUst like the end of Cowboy Bebop. FALSE PROMISES I SAYS!!! Lol. Anyways this was a fairly good series, and I just rounded up my score to make it a solid 7/10. I hope for a 2nd season though with the return of the characters from the first. See ya Bounty Cowboys =p
Feb 17, 2016 1:48 AM
Jan 2011
Was I the only one who noticed the last scene where Favaro and Kaiser rides together into the sun(set)? Sometimes I wonder what the writers are thinking, providing such good material? Huehuehue whatever! That may have been my fav. scene in this anime! At least the only part that made me burst out laughing. But nah, I really think this entire last episode was filled with good scenes.

I'm really surprised, this anime is a gem hidden in among the mediocre rated anime. Seriously a 7.8? It should be a solid 8.5 at least! I rated this anime a 8, but my enjoyment of it was probably closer to a 9. However in the end of the final battle, some parts felt too convenient. Like even gods, and demons can't get in close and land a hit on Bahamut but Favaro just stabs it a tiny bit with a sword that worked? I also wished they told us what happened to Zeus and Satan?
Jul 20, 2016 7:10 PM

Jun 2013
Admittedly I mistook this anime as madhouse production at first. The cgi, the polish, visual energy - so madhouse like, I guess mappa is carrying madhouse spirit after all. This was a solid show overall, really likable character cast, old school fantasy world, nice ost. This show loses it's moment a little in the middle, plus its not really trying to break the mold, just doing what we've seen many times in the past but doing it well. 7/10 FAVAROoooooooooooooooooooooooo
Imagine a berserk anime by Yoshiaki kawajiri at Madhouse.

Now take a look at Berserk (2016).

YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO CRY.
Aug 12, 2016 10:39 PM

Dec 2012
Favaro vs Kaisar was awesome.

I knew Favaro would make that face again and I knew they were leading up to a kiss.

Jeanne lives.

Favaro is a fan of Kotetsu.

Kaisar and Favaro became the Fullmetal Alchemist.

Again with the horses surviving long ass falls. WTF!

Great show.
RobAug 12, 2016 10:48 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 10, 2016 10:48 AM

May 2009
I hope Amira will be on the Season 2.
Oct 24, 2016 8:09 PM

Dec 2014
I couldn't get into this anime at all. It was just so not for me, from the characters, story, ost, everything was just the exact opposite of what I like. At least now I know not to get excited for the second season since I won't be watching that anymore.

4/10
Nov 15, 2016 11:05 AM

Feb 2014
The ugliest and the prettiest. Thanks animes... thanks for showing these paradoxes..... =(

Anyway, this anime surprised me.

8-9/10

PS: Rita S2
TechOtakuNov 15, 2016 11:09 AM
Dec 26, 2016 4:53 PM
Sep 2015
The way they beat Gilles made 0 sense. The bounty hunters can just one-shot all bounties with a magic word, without even raising a finger? Then why did they need to fight previous bounties in the early episodes? Why aren't bounties simply put on the ranking demons? Why is there no bounty on Bahamut itself??

Also, how is Favaro alive? And if defeating Bahamut was so easy - merge it with the key then stick it with a tip of his own claw, why didn't the gods and demons do it earlier?
Jan 14, 2017 8:25 PM

Mar 2014
In an anime with angels, demons and female knights, who'd have known that a loli zombie would be Best Girl?

7/10
Jan 21, 2017 1:00 PM
Jul 2018
A really entertaining series, mappa did one hell of a job from a simple card game although the last part was a bit rushed. The main cast was really fun, 8/10.
Feb 5, 2017 3:40 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
SalemWitch said:
Goddamnit, I didn't want Amira to die. Great show anyway. Amazing visuals, the soundtrack was awesome and I loved the characters. 9/10.

VanishingKira said:
Easily the best anime this season,hell this was even among the best shows of 2014 as a whole 9/10.

Seriously going to miss this show.

Hmm 2nd season?

Can only hope so.

Let's do a prayer circle.

Really hope so, since sequel is arriving this spring!

Full quality:

This last episode was a positive surprise, I was thinking giving the show an 8 since while the animation and OST were great (ED &OP), I felt the plot failed to surprise me, while being really good, it was not to par with the rest, but that conclusion did surprise me, and get some feels out, to make me care, and I liked where it ended too, Bahamut was defeated too easily, but outside that, a great way to end the series.

Hope to see Amira on S2, wont get my expectations too high, but one can always hope.

8.5 = 9
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » i hate the main character ( the male )

houssam-salmi - May 17, 2015

31 by Jureidini »»
Jul 27, 2:26 PM

» About the game

sandwich-boy - Dec 27, 2023

3 by Animaticide »»
Dec 27, 2023 12:46 PM

» Figuring out gods, angels, and demons

Fukoku - Aug 28, 2023

0 by Fukoku »»
Aug 28, 2023 2:10 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2014

157 by johndeerdrew »»
Feb 3, 2023 11:48 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2014

120 by Tutsun »»
Jun 8, 2022 7:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.