Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 3 Discussion

WorldEnd: What Do You Do at the End of the World? Are You Busy? Will You Save Us?
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 26, 2017 1:53 AM

Dec 2014
Rydako said:
Damn this is disappointing, the series is turning out exactly as I feared. Trying to cram this much content in 12 episodes, coupled with an inexperienced director has ruined the potential the source has... The pace is all out of whack and there's no transitions between scenes leaving everything feeling out of place and awkward. What they're doing to Shuumatsu should be a crime :/

Imo it's a good adaption so far. The most glaring problems with these types of anime are all the internal monologues that get lost, and that include more info about the characters and their feelings. But that can't be helped. Also they have 9+ episodes to cover the other two volumes (if they stop at what they showed in ep1) so they can take more time to animate those, rather than take ages with vol1 and rush the rest.

If I were to pick something, that I'm disappointed about so far, it would be about how they cut a chunk of the dialogue at the end scene. But the song aswell as seeing that scene animated was enough for me to be satisfied.
AnathorApr 26, 2017 2:37 AM
Apr 26, 2017 2:24 AM

Sep 2013
5/5

Wonderful episode. Great soundtrack and a backstory on Willem. That ending scene was exceptional.

And man. I finally finished reading the LN.

Very very excited for this series. This is definitely one of the underrated series of the season.

Apr 26, 2017 2:42 AM

Apr 2009
Arkan15 said:
So, i'm interpreting it as, "Damn this is satisfying, the series is turning out exactly as i expected. Although they have to cram this much content in 12 episodes, but paired with experienced director has saved the potential the source has.. the pacing is well done and there's a lot of time they gave us to understand, not even awkward. what they're doing to Shuumatsu should be a crime :)

Free world, interpret it how you wish - if you like the anime give the LN's a read - they're much, much better than this adaption.

Can't stop myself from watching the LN's being animated though, so you'll probably see me here again T.T
Apr 26, 2017 3:10 AM

Mar 2016
Anathor said:
Rydako said:
Damn this is disappointing, the series is turning out exactly as I feared. Trying to cram this much content in 12 episodes, coupled with an inexperienced director has ruined the potential the source has... The pace is all out of whack and there's no transitions between scenes leaving everything feeling out of place and awkward. What they're doing to Shuumatsu should be a crime :/

Imo it's a good adaption so far. The most glaring problems with these types of anime are all the internal monologues that get lost, and that include more info about the characters and their feelings. But that can't be helped. Also they have 9+ episodes to cover the other two volumes (if they stop at what they showed in ep1) so they can take more time to animate those, rather than take ages with vol1 and rush the rest.

If I were to pick something, that I'm disappointed about so far, it would be about how they cut a chunk of the dialogue at the end scene. But the song aswell as seeing that scene animated was enough for me to be satisfied.

If anything, I'd appreciate if they didn't animate every single inner monolgue. This is an audio-visual representation of the adaptation, character thoughts can be displayed through their expressions and the flashing of scenes in their heads like how willem remembered Almaria telling him she'll feed him cake once kutori asked for it. Masamune-kun's revenge suffered from dumping all the inner monologue, every 30 sec, a thought is told in the MC's head. We don't need every single inner thought worded to us. Also a big part of the inner monologues tend to happen in funny scenes in this LN. I'll re-check the LN to see what they missed, but i wouldn't be picky about it. The original is mostly going to be better, that's a given .
Apr 26, 2017 3:57 AM
Apr 2017
SkyLETV said:
Another great episode, Chtolly and Willem's scene was beautiful.

I'm terrified with the preview for next episode, seems like someone is gonna die, is too early for Chtolly but the other 2... :'(

I think it'll be very cruel if the other girl die instead of Chtolly, at least Chtolly have her last trip when she met Willem, she already prepare for everything, unlike the other girl.
Apr 26, 2017 3:58 AM
Oct 2016
Just realised what a great scene they missed. In the sparring match, when Kutori/Chtholly attacked Willem the first couple of times, she would basically feel an illusion of herself dying instead of being blown away/parried. Could have been such a cool inclusion.
Apr 26, 2017 4:25 AM

Jan 2011
Goldkoron said:
dark-chaos said:
can someone who read LN, spoil all the story to me?
don't worry I like spoilers

Why not read it yourself? There is a very good translation being done by a guy called Fgilan. Just google Shuumatsu Nani LN translated and it should be the first result. The story is such a good read.

i'm too lazy to read
Apr 26, 2017 5:51 AM
Jul 2016
sword maintenance scene was amazing. lets hope the willemxchtolly ship keeps on sailing
Apr 26, 2017 6:21 AM

May 2015
should i start perparing my tissues next ep
and dude why wont you want to marry her

probably start reading the ln soon
Apr 26, 2017 6:56 AM

Mar 2009
This feels like death flags: the anime. Uh oh.
Apr 26, 2017 7:02 AM

Jul 2007
kurikinton said:

and dude why wont you want to marry

Because he does not seem any of them as anything more than children?
Apr 26, 2017 7:04 AM

Dec 2014
Wow the MC had the deep past story...sure is strong though
Apr 26, 2017 7:51 AM
Apr 2017
This episode is pretty good, we have lot of explanations about willem
That lizard guy i thought he is a bad guy but clearly he is a bro lol
Guessing from the op, ctholly will get frozen to like willem?
Next Episode looks will be emotional
I think there will be a death character
Maybe the troll/ren?.-.,or maybe one of the loli?
Apr 26, 2017 8:21 AM

Jul 2016
Impressive episode, I don't know how good is the LN, cause haven't read it I might sometime try it. But for me I can tell that its having a faithful adaptation, I haven't seen any problems with the pacing.

Those swords were really amazing.

So Wilhelm was the last survivor, and got a rest on ice, can someone tell me how long was Wilhem frozen on that underground ice?
Apr 26, 2017 8:24 AM

Mar 2012
Goldkoron said:
-ShadowClaw- said:
I just hope that we will get all of the volumes aniamted.

It would be a shame just to adapt 3 volumes when you only have 2 more to finish it.

Question for the LN readers, just to clarfiy something.

I will most likely end up crying by the end of this show aren't I?

As an LN reader, I really hope that we only get 3 volumes animated this cour. There are many awesome scenes, emotional scenes, etc in the novels that would only get diluted if all five novels were mashed into one cour. Volume 4 alone probably has enough content for at least 4 episodes. Volume 5 maybe another 3 (not finished it yet).

A second season with the sequel LN could maybe even work starting with Volume 5 if this does end on Volume 4.

CAn u spoil me? pm as to who will live and die? i don't want to get invested into someone if they will just end up dead.
Apr 26, 2017 8:26 AM

Jul 2015
SukaSuka becomes better and better.
So many things revealed after 3 eps. I think they will go full blast for next episode considering the build up and back story for some characters. And Kariyon's main materials as well.
Willem's past revealed, humanity lost and he was frozen in time, and live with pain rn.
I think he is an OP chara with a fragile body.

Love the parallel between 500 years ago and present "Butter Cake" scene.
5/5
Apr 26, 2017 8:38 AM

Oct 2015
Can a LN reader tell me that her comeback from the battle won't be the expected and will actually surprise me? Because giving how much people were praising this story, nothing really stood out until now, and the result of next week's episode will either tell how average this show is or isnt'.
Apr 26, 2017 8:43 AM

Feb 2008
Willem's background was fairly grim, I didn't imagine he met his demise like that. However, at least he gave Chtholly some hope of survival. The next episode preview felt really dark, though.
Apr 26, 2017 8:58 AM

Feb 2011
Can you-all stop asking for spoilers?
Enjoy the show.
I have read the LN too, but would not spoil anything.
So to the episode.
A good adaptation i Love the scene between Chtolly and Willem. Even though it was some fast paicing, it is so far a good adaptation.
Apr 26, 2017 9:25 AM

Jan 2014
Blue haired is kind of boring and indecisive. The red haired one is much better and should have been heroine, she is fun and entertaining. Or at the very least dont show heroine to our face early without much background, its all above the blue haired girl early as ep 2 why they have to make it so predictable/boring.

I wish the story were more unpredictable, being froze in a frozen lake is a little predictable, I have that theory in my mind so it nothing interesting.

The story is kind of good, I like the lore but not exactly how it is delivered, very easy to predict and kind of boring

4.5/5 I'll follow this for a while because Im interested in humanity
Apr 26, 2017 9:42 AM
Oct 2007
Can't wait for more backstories and world development!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2017 9:54 AM

Nov 2015
This anime is getting better and better each episode. I like it and I think it's interesting. And Chtholly is really so cute lol. Need more
Apr 26, 2017 11:18 AM

Oct 2015
Great heart-warming episode, William is a badass that is passed his time and is more like the sensei now. One of those girls are going to die right :( Time to go on a feel trip and that PV >.<
Apr 26, 2017 11:28 AM

Oct 2014
rorimoe said:
Blue haired is kind of boring and indecisive. The red haired one is much better and should have been heroine, she is fun and entertaining. Or at the very least dont show heroine to our face early without much background, its all above the blue haired girl early as ep 2 why they have to make it so predictable/boring.

I wish the story were more unpredictable, being froze in a frozen lake is a little predictable, I have that theory in my mind so it nothing interesting.

The story is kind of good, I like the lore but not exactly how it is delivered, very easy to predict and kind of boring

There's no humanity left, including the red head.
Apr 26, 2017 1:47 PM
Jan 2011
The sword fight scene was kinda underwhelming. It could have been expected that the adaptation wouldn't be able to bring over the awesomeness that was described in the novels but still... Those swords are considered utterly op and that impression wasn't conveyed all that much. Also Wilhelm seemed even more op compared to Kutori (don't expect me to use that ridiculous romanization) in the novels than here so I would have wanted more of that. That being said I don't have a problem with the pacing and it was a nice episode.

I honestly don't really care about Kurori though. In the novels at least, she seemed just annoying. My favorite girl is Nephren. My favorite character in the series is Grick. The true badass of this story.
Apr 26, 2017 2:11 PM
Jan 2011
rorimoe said:

I actually disliked the romance in this show/ the novel. But I really enjoyed the lore. Thing is they do skip stuff and on top off that the big reveals start in the 4th novel and I don't believe we'll get that adapted. So if you got the time you might give the novels a try. The first 4 vol have been already translated, the 5th vol. is being translated currently.
Apr 26, 2017 4:09 PM

Jan 2013
Interesting background and set up.
Some pretty impressive animation on the sword fight.
Apr 26, 2017 5:49 PM

Aug 2015
Totally didn't expect the Lizard guy to be such a bro.
It looks like we'll be seeing more and more of Willem's past as the show progresses.
Apr 26, 2017 6:25 PM

Jul 2015
AlexTheRiot said:
FireFistYamaan said:

For me at least, Bahamut is good yes and so is aot2 and hero academia 2

Discounting sequels, this is easily the best this season. Nothing else comes close in terms of characters, story, and direction. This episode sealed the deal with Kutori's character exploration coupled with Willelm's timely backstory.

I agree with you on that, I personally feel that this season is pretty weak in aside from the sequels compared to previous seasons. Despite that though, I'm still finding a decent amount of enjoyment in the anime that came out this season.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 26, 2017 6:40 PM

Oct 2016
Interesting how we get a lot more of Willem's backstory. :P
Apr 26, 2017 8:44 PM

Oct 2015
Interesting.... I think this anime should be meant to be bingewatched. I'll just wait after 3 more episodes until I watch this again
Apr 26, 2017 8:52 PM

May 2011
To me, the Manga readers bemoaning the anime adaptation need to understand.

Anime first viewers don't care, as long as it's decently paced and good dialogue and quality.

Anime rule #101: never expect animation to adopt the source material perfectly, ever. Anime has budgets, time & episode constraints, and also TV censorship rules that need to be applied.

Be happy it's even being animated. Because with the niche audience dwindling to straight-on Otaku looking for 2d Waifus and Idols. Japan studios are hard pressed justifying a hit and miss adventure series when they can just pump out another idol knockoff of love live or idolmaster.

I get that it would be great if anime studios could adapt a series line for line from the source material. But chosen shows are few and far between. The manga/LN would have to sell amazingly well for a studio to even go the pure route.

AND TBQH, most anime adaptations are nothing more than a merchandising advertisement for the source material to begin with. why give the viewers everything in the anime, if you also want them to read the source material and more.
Apr 27, 2017 5:27 AM
Jul 2016
can't wait to see anime first viewers flip out on the next episode haha
Apr 27, 2017 7:17 AM
Jul 2018
Caught up to it and man, I really like the chemistry between Willheim and Kutori in all honesty, especially in the last few minutes.

As for the backstory I was interested as to why he was older as hell by comparison, and its explained in a very understandable manner. Kinda feel bad for him in the end though.

And the preview for the next episode legit scares me, especially with the expression Willheim has. Holy fuck please no x.x
Apr 27, 2017 7:46 AM

Aug 2016
The real question is....

-ventisca-Apr 27, 2017 8:06 AM
Apr 27, 2017 8:18 AM

May 2009
Misanthropian said:
how can Uchouten Kazoku 2 or Rokudenashi have score more than this great show omg ?!

Uchuuten is good and only those who watched first season (which many considered it AotY) continue to watch it and rate high. Rokudenashi had decent start for typical lnshit and just didn't fell on face completely yet for rates to drop.
Apr 27, 2017 10:08 AM

Nov 2015
Like the anime ,hope it doesnt get tragic ending and SOMEBODY CHANGE THE DAMN PICTURE it looks like its a comedy slice of lfe cute anime....the picture could change popularity
You cannot spell Light without L
Apr 27, 2017 11:16 AM

Nov 2011
I do not know other users, but I enjoyed the spontaneity expressed by all those little girls, my heart feels rejuvenated so sweetly, and they did not weigh the dramatic atmosphere that breathed throughout the episode.

Another interesting episode, the protagonist I like so far, I hope I will not ruin anything going on with the story.
Apr 27, 2017 9:47 PM

Jun 2015
Ooh, backstory on Willem. I think this might be my favorite of this season if it keeps up what it's doing~
Apr 28, 2017 8:03 AM

Aug 2013
That death flag oh god. I don't think I can watch this next week now.
Should I just accumulate episodes and binge watch this ?
Apr 28, 2017 8:42 AM

Dec 2014
Lambdaa- said:

Depends if you want to process things across several days or test your heart's strength in one sitting. Either way I suggest to proceed with caution.
AnathorApr 28, 2017 8:47 AM
Apr 28, 2017 4:48 PM
Jun 2015
bastek66 said:
Misanthropian said:
how can Uchouten Kazoku 2 or Rokudenashi have score more than this great show omg ?!

Uchuuten is good and only those who watched first season (which many considered it AotY) continue to watch it and rate high. Rokudenashi had decent start for typical lnshit and just didn't fell on face completely yet for rates to drop.

I watched Uchouten Kazoku season 1 when it aired and still remember that it jumped from a 7.1 to a 7.8 in the last 4 episodes and i was just surprised how that could be. And now Rokudenashi is 7.77 and is worse than any of the 20 first animes this season... No one should trust Mal scores :/
Apr 28, 2017 4:53 PM
Jun 2015
Lambdaa- said:
That death flag oh god. I don't think I can watch this next week now.

Just continue watching Ep by Ep ... You will regret if you accumulate eps now after you saw the death flag (just trust me xd :D)
Apr 28, 2017 6:14 PM

Feb 2009
The visuals are just so pleasant to the eye in this show, I really love that. The sounds and the OST are just great

Apr 28, 2017 6:20 PM

Mar 2013
Now we know what happened to Willem and why he was still alive after 500 years, even more so, of what he is (I did assume it in the back of my mind).
Willem is my fav because he's mature for a young male character. And his backstory is interesting-- I'd like to see more of it.

Hmm.... but still not liking the main girl too much. Maybe she'll get better as the show goes along.
KilikcliaApr 28, 2017 6:23 PM
Apr 28, 2017 8:26 PM

Oct 2008
So Willem is the last living human on that realm...
Willem is trying to find different ways of fighting that is opposed of that Chtholly understands.
cool huh! unleashed Chtholly vs not-unleashed Willem but still has the upperhand and Chtholly was total defeat.
next episode based on the next ep...someone died?
4/5.

Apr 28, 2017 9:30 PM

Feb 2017
What are these feeling inside my chest? Despair? Hope? More despair?

This is slowly shaping itself into a good anime, with a nice dose of tragedy and feels. What I really liked this episode was Willen background, he went trough a lot, almost died and survived for hundreds of years in a frozen state only to be discovered in a world were he's the last of humans alive.

Kudos for the design of the swords, tho. They are made of little talismans for more mundane things. But I guess it is a nice representation of life, made of mundane moments that, when put together, can form something extraordinary. It seems that what matters are the little details.

And now he's watching this fairy-girls off to battle, going through something that he already experienced, and the worst thing is that they could die and they would be okay with that. But he's not, he remembers his late companions and decided the girls need better chances to come back alive, so he helps Chtholly with her fighting skills and tunes everyone's swords. I men, a man can suffer so many loses and we all saw that preview (I know at least two of those girls won't die thanks to the opening bit during the first episode). There are death flags all over the place, who is it going to go?

Anyways, looking forward to next episode since I cannot wait to feel devastated.
Apr 29, 2017 12:24 AM

May 2015
Oh man, the amount of death flags that were raised in this episode....
Apr 29, 2017 7:19 AM

May 2010
Not that beautiful insert song again, I am weak against it.

Good there's a way they can grow stronger.

Apr 29, 2017 1:19 PM

Apr 2015
The promise <3

CAKIE!

Those swords look really good man I'm just hoping they return safely!
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2017

463 by burjl14 »»
Oct 15, 9:50 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2017

268 by 2ndKnight »»
Jun 18, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2017

163 by DELLspencer »»
Jun 13, 8:49 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2017

158 by DELLspencer »»
Jun 13, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

133 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 7:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.