Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 70 71 [72] 73 74 » ... Last »
Mar 5, 2017 2:20 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Orzi said:
I just want to say the "Watch an anime that hasn't been reviewed : " is the stupidest requirement ever made and who came up with this bs should never ever add it again. It goes against whole premise of MAL where people should discuss and review animes. What next - watch an anime that isn't in MAL database?

Well, thanks for your feedback. Based on what you say it's MAL's premise then it's an item that goes in accordance with it since it brings to attention anime that can be reviewed, since it doesn't has any. You said that : " where people should discuss and review animes", then it fits perfectly.

Thanks for taking your time with this challenge.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Mar 5, 2017 2:28 PM

Jul 2016
zombie_pegasus said:
extremeplant said:
Can someone recommend me a good anime with 50-60 episodes? It can't be Full Metal Alchemist since I already started this in 2016. It shouldn't be a kids show. Aside from that the Genre doesn't matter. Thank you
What's your definition of a "kids show"?

Shoujo:
Full Moon wo Sagashite (52)
Shugo Chara! (51)
Lady Jewelpet (52, but one is unsubbed)

Seinen:
Chi's Sweet Home (104, but 3 minutes per episode)

There are also anime like Hetalia and Saiki that have a lot of short episodes (similar idea to Chi's Sweet Home).

A show, which has the "kids" tag ;-)
thanks for your recommendations

Mar 5, 2017 2:30 PM

Jul 2016
Pullman said:
extremeplant said:

Thanks, maybe I watch this at some point, but I need this for "#25. Watch an anime with 50 episodes or more".

Here are some recs from a variety of genres:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/150/Blood_
https://myanimelist.net/anime/12815/Shirokuma_Cafe
https://myanimelist.net/anime/237/Eureka_Seven
https://myanimelist.net/anime/1559/Shijou_Saikyou_no_Deshi_Kenichi
https://myanimelist.net/anime/5420/Kemono_no_Souja_Erin
https://myanimelist.net/anime/1695/Les_Mis%C3%A9rables__Shoujo_Cosette
https://myanimelist.net/anime/709/Mujin_Wakusei_Survive
https://myanimelist.net/anime/17/Hungry_Heart__Wild_Striker
https://myanimelist.net/anime/28/Yakitate_Japan
https://myanimelist.net/anime/9863/SKET_Dance

thanks a lot for your recommendations

Mar 5, 2017 3:08 PM
Jul 2016
Can someone recommend me an anime that they love? Thanks! Chu~
Mar 5, 2017 3:13 PM

Apr 2009
"Watch an ONA or stand-alone OVA"
Does an ONA have to be stand-alone, or is that only for the OVA option? (eg. Pokemon Generations as an ONA, but isn't stand-alone)
Mar 5, 2017 3:34 PM

Jul 2016
AJasmineKS said:
Can someone recommend me an anime that they love? Thanks! Chu~

Bakemonogatari
Haibane Renmai
have fun

Mar 5, 2017 3:36 PM

Jul 2016
taximals said:
"Watch an ONA or stand-alone OVA"
Does an ONA have to be stand-alone, or is that only for the OVA option? (eg. Pokemon Generations as an ONA, but isn't stand-alone)

I understand it so, that the ONA does NOT have to be stand-alone.

Mar 5, 2017 3:44 PM

Oct 2014
SheyCroix said:
Orzi said:
I just want to say the "Watch an anime that hasn't been reviewed : " is the stupidest requirement ever made and who came up with this bs should never ever add it again. It goes against whole premise of MAL where people should discuss and review animes. What next - watch an anime that isn't in MAL database?

Well, thanks for your feedback. Based on what you say it's MAL's premise then it's an item that goes in accordance with it since it brings to attention anime that can be reviewed, since it doesn't has any. You said that : " where people should discuss and review animes", then it fits perfectly.

Since that challenge is obviously about anime that aren't talked about much it could be revised to "watch an anime with 2 reviews or fewer" simply because there are so few anime without any reviews that it makes it extremely difficult to find an anime that fits that's even worth watching. "Watch an anime with less than 100 favourites" could be another version of the unpopular anime challenge.
Mar 5, 2017 4:42 PM

Apr 2012
So, i have a question about Number 41 - Watch an anime with a main character that doesn't look human…

i understood it as the character doesn't have to look human and so i watched a One Piece movie (listing the character as Chopper, who's an animal and doesn't look human at all). But now i wonder if i misunderstood… does the character have to be an actual human who doesn't look human/has some non-human traits, or would Chopper count?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2017 4:53 PM

Oct 2014
dawnangel14 said:
So, i have a question about Number 41 - Watch an anime with a main character that doesn't look human…

i understood it as the character doesn't have to look human and so i watched a One Piece movie (listing the character as Chopper, who's an animal and doesn't look human at all). But now i wonder if i misunderstood… does the character have to be an actual human who doesn't look human/has some non-human traits, or would Chopper count?
Last year it was "watch an anime with a non-human character" so I'm assuming it's more strict this year by not counting robots and aliens that look identical to humans. Yes, he would be acceptable. It also means characters like Alphonse from FMA and Tsumiki from Acchi Kocchi who are humans with non-human characteristics are now counted.
zombie_pegasusMar 5, 2017 4:56 PM
Mar 5, 2017 5:08 PM

Jul 2012
zombie_pegasus said:
SheyCroix said:

Since that challenge is obviously about anime that aren't talked about much it could be revised to "watch an anime with 2 reviews or fewer" simply because there are so few anime without any reviews that it makes it extremely difficult to find an anime that fits that's even worth watching. "Watch an anime with less than 100 favourites" could be another version of the unpopular anime challenge.

Less than 100 favorites almost seems too easy though by comparison, especially taking into account people who don't have restrictions could just use a special or ova from a series that is rather unlikely to have nearly as many favorites as the main series.
I would say the no review challenge isn't too bad considering it could treated as a cheat off of another user challenge especially taking into account all of the people finishing emperor it seems rather likely at least 1 of them would also have that challenge.
Mar 5, 2017 5:21 PM

Oct 2014
GamerDLM said:
zombie_pegasus said:

Less than 100 favorites almost seems too easy though by comparison, especially taking into account people who don't have restrictions could just use a special or ova from a series that is rather unlikely to have nearly as many favorites as the main series.
I would say the no review challenge isn't too bad considering it could treated as a cheat off of another user challenge especially taking into account all of the people finishing emperor it seems rather likely at least 1 of them would also have that challenge.
With no restrictions 100 favourites isn't difficult, but neither is the unreviewed challenge. The TV type only restriction makes the unreviewed challenge nearly impossible. The challenge could also be related to the episode discussions (eg. watch an anime that doesn't have an episode discussion thread for each episode) since that would both imply it isn't talked about much and would also mean there's something you could create for it.

Autorecs will show on anime that have 3 user recs or less so that could be another idea.

Honestly, most challenges are very easy if you allow yourself to watch related specials and such so there's not much point in making the challenges difficult for people who don't restrict themselves to standalone series and films.
Mar 5, 2017 5:33 PM

Feb 2013
zombie_pegasus said:
GamerDLM said:

With no restrictions 100 favourites isn't difficult, but neither is the unreviewed challenge. The TV type only restriction makes the unreviewed challenge nearly impossible.
I randomly picked Spring 1997 and found 2 translated TV series with 0 reviews - Kero Kero Chime and Super Fishing Grander Musashi .. pretty sure many seasons have at least one series like this.
Mar 5, 2017 5:35 PM
Apr 2014
Hey, I need a recommendation for #59 (recommendation from discussion thread)

I would prefer to watch something shorter (10-13 episodes) and having fantasy/supernatural as a genre. But, I'm pretty open to anything genre-wise except for horror/harem.

Thank you :)
cienacienaMar 5, 2017 6:20 PM
Mar 5, 2017 5:40 PM

Feb 2013
RayquazaWasHere said:

I would prefer to watch something shorter (10-13 episodes) and having fantasy/supernatural as a genre. But, I'm pretty open to anything genre-wise except for horror/harem.

Thanks you :)
Pokemon: Destiny Deoxys
It's the one with Rayquaza :V
Mar 5, 2017 5:57 PM

Jul 2012
zombie_pegasus said:
GamerDLM said:

With no restrictions 100 favourites isn't difficult, but neither is the unreviewed challenge. The TV type only restriction makes the unreviewed challenge nearly impossible. The challenge could also be related to the episode discussions (eg. watch an anime that doesn't have an episode discussion thread for each episode) since that would both imply it isn't talked about much and would also mean there's something you could create for it.

Autorecs will show on anime that have 3 user recs or less so that could be another idea.

Honestly, most challenges are very easy if you allow yourself to watch related specials and such so there's not much point in making the challenges difficult for people who don't restrict themselves to standalone series and films.

I feel like I should have said less 100 favorites is still easy but it's almost a gimme without restrictions. Unreviewed can still be a bit of a search without restrictions so it's more of a challenge (since a lot of entries tend to have at least one review on specials/ovas). Granted I'm going TV type only and found a series relatively easy just because it was a later season of a show I started. But it does seem rather likely that older seasons will have at least a couple as stated prior.
I would have said end of each season would be the easiest go to but with MAL's recent change it makes it a bit more difficult unless it's changed to "no reviews or preliminary reviews".
Mar 5, 2017 6:20 PM
Apr 2014
romagia said:
RayquazaWasHere said:

Thanks you :)

LOL thank you but I've already watched it (even though it's not on my list)

Got anything else?
Mar 5, 2017 6:34 PM

Feb 2013
RayquazaWasHere said:
romagia said:

Got anything else?
You can go with KonoSuba which is the happening fantasy genre anime
Or Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou, the other Madoka-inspired mahou shoujo
Mar 5, 2017 7:37 PM
Sep 2015
I have been assigned the challenge "Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese." I could use some help picking an anime for this one. If my interpretation of the challenge rules is correct, the character needs to have the label "Main" in the anime's character list. I am going for the "Master of Romance" title for the challenge, so please only leave suggestions in the "Romance" anime genre. Thanks in advance to those who find suggestions.
Mar 5, 2017 7:46 PM

Sep 2014
https://myanimelist.net/anime/338/Rose_of_Versailles - Takes place in France, so characters are French. It is a bit longer though.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/5984/Ristorante_Paradiso - Takes place in Rome, characters are Italian.
Mar 5, 2017 7:56 PM
Sep 2015
Korrailli said:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/338/Rose_of_Versailles - Takes place in France, so characters are French. It is a bit longer though.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/5984/Ristorante_Paradiso - Takes place in Rome, characters are Italian.

Ristorante Paradiso it is. Thank you!
Mar 5, 2017 10:56 PM

Oct 2014
GamerDLM said:
zombie_pegasus said:

I feel like I should have said less 100 favorites is still easy but it's almost a gimme without restrictions. Unreviewed can still be a bit of a search without restrictions so it's more of a challenge (since a lot of entries tend to have at least one review on specials/ovas). Granted I'm going TV type only and found a series relatively easy just because it was a later season of a show I started. But it does seem rather likely that older seasons will have at least a couple as stated prior.
I would have said end of each season would be the easiest go to but with MAL's recent change it makes it a bit more difficult unless it's changed to "no reviews or preliminary reviews".
Music videos and experimental shorts have little to talk about so they often don't have reviews (after all, the episode discussion section feels like a better place to give whatever couple thoughts you would have about a music video). Specials attached to already unpopular anime Sansha Sanyou and Go Go 575 are also often unreviewed. If everything is fair ground it isn't difficult to find anime without reviews.

If 100 is too much, how about under 10 favourites? Another idea somewhat linked to popularity would be to watch an anime without a licensing company listed.
Mar 6, 2017 6:49 AM

Nov 2014
For challenge "44. Watch an anime that mainly takes place outside of Japan, but still on Earth"

Would Master Keaton count? I'm only halfway through and it seems to checkpoint a bunch of different countries for each episode. I'm pretty sure this one would be fine, but I didn't see it on the provided WIP list of approved shows, so I thought I'd just double check.
Mar 6, 2017 6:51 AM

Mar 2016
abhutrash said:
For challenge "44. Watch an anime that mainly takes place outside of Japan, but still on Earth"

Would Master Keaton count? I'm only halfway through and it seems to checkpoint a bunch of different countries for each episode. I'm pretty sure this one would be fine, but I didn't see it on the provided WIP list of approved shows, so I thought I'd just double check.
Yea that should be fine, it even says in the synopsis that he goes around the world so im sure Shey(person that runs AWC) wouldnt mind.
Mar 6, 2017 8:33 AM
Dec 2015
Watch an anime with a main character that doesn't look human - state the character; needs at least 1 main character with traits humans don't have. Includes, but not limited to, animal ears, tails, horns, wings, fur, Ryuk, and so on. If unsure ask in the discussion thread

The new season of blue exorcist would work for this, wouldn't it? Since Rin does have a tail.
Mar 6, 2017 8:35 AM

Mar 2016
Su0216 said:
Watch an anime with a main character that doesn't look human - state the character; needs at least 1 main character with traits humans don't have. Includes, but not limited to, animal ears, tails, horns, wings, fur, Ryuk, and so on. If unsure ask in the discussion thread

The new season of blue exorcist would work for this, wouldn't it? Since Rin does have a tail.
That is correct, his tail is present most of the time therefore it would count.
Mar 6, 2017 9:15 AM
Dec 2015
I don't know if anyone asked this, but does anyone know any anime that has more users in the plan to watch section compare to it's complete section?
Mar 6, 2017 9:54 AM

Sep 2016
I'm looking for an anime reccomendation for #59. My main genres are supernatural, fantasy, and sports
Some of my favorite anime is Noragami, Cowboy Bebop, Haikyuu!, Code Geass, and Kamisama Kiss.
Thank you!
Mar 6, 2017 10:07 AM

Jul 2016
greyjoie said:
I'm looking for an anime reccomendation for #59. My main genres are supernatural, fantasy, and sports
Some of my favorite anime is Noragami, Cowboy Bebop, Haikyuu!, Code Geass, and Kamisama Kiss.
Thank you!

Claymore is a Fantasy/Supernatural Anime, that is worth a watch, except you want to read the (better and longer) Manga instead.

Mar 6, 2017 11:28 AM

Apr 2014
Su0216 said:
I don't know if anyone asked this, but does anyone know any anime that has more users in the plan to watch section compare to it's complete section?

Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World have been recommended earlier and can still be used.
Mar 6, 2017 12:33 PM

Nov 2016
I have a question concerning nr 40.
Watch an anime with at least one child as MC,the character has to be 12 or younger.

Does anyone know how old Jonathan from Jormungand is ?
Or can you recommend me another shows with a children MC ? I know about Amaama to Inazuma, but i don't feel like watching a "Slice of Life" anime.

Already watched Usagi Drop, Tokyo Magnitude and i'm currently watching Barakamon.

Thank you in advance.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 6, 2017 12:51 PM
Dec 2016
Hi can someone recommend me an anime for the challenge :)
Mar 6, 2017 1:00 PM

Dec 2014
iSentinel said:

How about one of these three?

Seven Deadly Sins:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/23755/Nanatsu_no_Taizai

The Heroic Legend of Arslan:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/28249/Arslan_Senki_TV

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/28735/Shouwa_Genroku_Rakugo_Shinjuu
Mar 6, 2017 1:02 PM
Dec 2016
AnnaSartin said:
iSentinel said:

How about one of these three?

Seven Deadly Sins:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/23755/Nanatsu_no_Taizai

The Heroic Legend of Arslan:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/28249/Arslan_Senki_TV

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/28735/Shouwa_Genroku_Rakugo_Shinjuu

The 2nd and 3rd look good, arigato :)
Mar 6, 2017 1:02 PM

Jul 2016
iSentinel said:

Here are some of my favorites:
Bakemonogatari (Romance, Mystery)
Haibane Renmai (Drama, Slice of Life)
Code Geass (Mecha, Action)
Psycho Pass (Thriller)
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni /Horror, Mystery)

Mar 6, 2017 1:03 PM

Dec 2014
sakamoto-kun said:
Watch an anime with at least one child as MC,the character has to be 12 or younger.

Or can you recommend me another shows with a children MC ? I know about Amaama to Inazuma, but i don't feel like watching a "Slice of Life" anime.

Already watched Usagi Drop, Tokyo Magnitude and i'm currently watching Barakamon.

Thank you in advance.

Perhaps one of these?
Final Fantasy Unlimited - https://myanimelist.net/anime/1157/Final_Fantasy__Unlimited (twins Ai and Yu Hayakawa, age 12)
Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic - https://myanimelist.net/anime/14513/Magi__The_Labyrinth_of_Magic (Aladdin, age 10)
Sunday Without God - https://myanimelist.net/anime/16009/Kamisama_no_Inai_Nichiyoubi (Ai Astin, age 12)
Mar 6, 2017 1:26 PM

Mar 2010
SheyCroix said:
Orzi said:

Dunno if this works that way. From my perspective and also from my friends perspective that take a part on this challenge we choose anime that just started airing, so we started watching them before any review was written. I don't think it serves it purpose this way, maybe something like "TV series with popularity 2000 or below" would be better. This way you wouldn't worry if someone will review the show that you were planning to watch (happened to me, that's why I was salty). I know there are one point for "Popularity #600 or below" but that's fairy easy to get.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2017 1:46 PM

Nov 2016
AnnaSartin said:
sakamoto-kun said:

Thank you in advance.

Perhaps one of these?
Final Fantasy Unlimited - https://myanimelist.net/anime/1157/Final_Fantasy__Unlimited (twins Ai and Yu Hayakawa, age 12)
Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic - https://myanimelist.net/anime/14513/Magi__The_Labyrinth_of_Magic (Aladdin, age 10)
Sunday Without God - https://myanimelist.net/anime/16009/Kamisama_no_Inai_Nichiyoubi (Ai Astin, age 12)

Thanks for the efforts, i appreciate it.
Gonna try Sunday Without God.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 6, 2017 3:14 PM

Dec 2014
I love the anime bingo and want to make the suggestion of having more pattern options in future years. Some ideas:

Image 1 - Target
Image 2 - Hut
Image 3 - Ninja Star
Image 4 - Cat
Mar 6, 2017 3:22 PM
Jul 2016
I can't seem to find my entry. My entry number on the top right corner was #2761, but now I can't seem to find mine anywhere.

Wait this is weird. I found my sign-up form and it says my number at the top right corner changed to #2759..

Is this happening to anyone else?
ajasminesMar 6, 2017 3:30 PM
Mar 6, 2017 3:32 PM

Mar 2015
Go to your profile and click the text 'forum posts'. From there you van view all your posts. Click the thread in which you posted your sign-up and it will automatically redirect you to your post.

Edit: Your post number seems to be changed to 2759 so someone probably deleted his/her post.
supertr4mpMar 6, 2017 3:35 PM
Mar 6, 2017 3:35 PM

Jul 2012
AJasmineKS said:
I can't seem to find my entry. My entry number on the top right corner was #2761, but now I can't seem to find mine anywhere.

Wait this is weird. I found my sign-up form and it says my number at the top right corner changed to #2759..

It means 2 people deleted their sign-up posts instead of marking them as withdrawn, the initial post number should stay 2761 it just shifted since people didn't follow instructions.
Mar 6, 2017 3:45 PM

Jun 2016
Need help with 2 things:
59: Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

and

37: Watch a completed anime scored 10 or 9 from another challenger who posted on your sign up page
I made a little change here since nobody has posted anything on my profile
37.1: Watch a completed anime scored 10 or 9 from another use who posted on this thread

I'm open to almost anything, just try keeping the episodes around max 25 please
Mar 6, 2017 3:46 PM
Jul 2016
GamerDLM said:
AJasmineKS said:

It means 2 people deleted their sign-up posts instead of marking them as withdrawn, the initial post number should stay 2761 it just shifted since people didn't follow instructions.

Ohh okay! Thank you so much 😊 so I should just leave my initial post number as 2761?
Mar 6, 2017 3:54 PM

Oct 2014
AJasmineKS said:

You should keep your message bookmarked since as long as it stays on the same page it will always link to it. Even though it does say in the rules that you're not allowed to delete your sign-up form a lot of people still do, which is why your post number changes. Your initial post number is partly for data purposes (although this does mean multiple people can have the same initial post number) and partly just to see how much people's post numbers will shift.
Mar 6, 2017 4:03 PM
Jul 2016
zombie_pegasus said:
AJasmineKS said:

You should keep your message bookmarked since as long as it stays on the same page it will always link to it. Even though it does say in the rules that you're not allowed to delete your sign-up form a lot of people still do, which is why your post number changes. Your initial post number is partly for data purposes (although this does mean multiple people can have the same initial post number) and partly just to see how much people's post numbers will shift.
Omg thank you so much! I've been worrying over this so much hehe. Thanks again 😘😘
Chu~
Mar 6, 2017 4:05 PM
Jul 2016
PirateArrr said:
Go to your profile and click the text 'forum posts'. From there you van view all your posts. Click the thread in which you posted your sign-up and it will automatically redirect you to your post.

Edit: Your post number seems to be changed to 2759 so someone probably deleted his/her post.
Thanks! I'll be sure to remember this next time my post number changes 😅 Anyhow thank you so very much! 😘😘
Chu~
Mar 6, 2017 4:30 PM
Apr 2014
romagia said:
RayquazaWasHere said:

Got anything else?
You can go with KonoSuba which is the happening fantasy genre anime
Or Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou, the other Madoka-inspired mahou shoujo

I think I'll go with KonoSuba then since I've heard so many good things about it
Mar 6, 2017 5:06 PM

Dec 2014
MegaDivine said:
Need help with 2 things:
59: Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

How about this one? It's available on Netflix:

Magi: The Labrynth of Magic
https://myanimelist.net/anime/14513/Magi__The_Labyrinth_of_Magic
Mar 6, 2017 5:58 PM
Jan 2017
Ok, another question on my card. Does either Shuffle (with the gods and devils) or Kobayashi san chi no dragon maid count for 41 which states "Watch an anime with a main character that doesn't look human ." These anime contain characters with nonhuman elements, but I think they look close to human. Another question, any suggestions for the professional in their field? I don't know how famous or talented they need to be at their job. Thanks. I also forgot to ask, even though I probably already missed my chance, how to you get and apply a banner?
DangoDa1kazokuMar 6, 2017 6:08 PM
Art is dead, and we killed it.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 70 71 [72] 73 74 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What seasonal anime had disappointed you over time this season?

Zakatsuki_ - 3 hours ago

32 by Shirayukin »»
42 seconds ago

» How I started a fight. By saying let's fight Naruto is Goat!

Ken__Kaneki__Kun - Sep 19

13 by FanofAction »»
5 minutes ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

1138 by InfinitumNoctem »»
9 minutes ago

» Adventure/Action Shounen with the Best and Worst ROMANCE (just the ones that even tried)

Rob7 - 32 minutes ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
12 minutes ago

» Best tearjerking anime in the 2020's (there are any?) ( 1 2 )

Rob7 - Jul 9

53 by alshu »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.