Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 11, 2013 6:28 AM

Feb 2010
Well, that was incredibly emotional and I nearly cried. Nearly. Idk, to be honest, the whole animation with her flying away from his hut thing kind of made me laugh and took me out of the angst a bit. But no, seriously one of my favorite episodes from the anime so far and the OST was beautiful.
Feb 4, 2013 12:40 AM

Jul 2007
Those bitching about animation quality should be ashamed of themselves.

As a HUGE fan of Casshern Sins, I found this episode the most pleasing visually so far(and frankly would prefer on if the whole show had this art style, since it works GREAT in portraying the show's atmosphere).

5/5
Mar 16, 2013 11:10 AM

Sep 2009
i didn't cry in this episode.. i hate the part when Saki was walking like a zombie. crying and then suddenly not crying and then vice versa.. i don't like her movements.. but the part where i like most is when Shun confessed to Saki that he has always loved her.. I like Shun because he's kinda hot but he died :/
Mar 21, 2013 10:11 AM

Jul 2012
This episode was spectacular, beautifully done. Loved this quote from Shun, "We ultimately fear what spawns from within us." Kyaa, I'm pretty sure this is the end for Shun, he finally said that he loved Saki all these times too! >.< Though, I do regret knowing that he was going to die prior to watching this series, totally ruined this moment. It was still pretty breathless to watch how they conveyed this episode though.

So now I assume that in the ending song, the person on the boat that disappears is Shun..

Beautiful episode, on to the next~
Mar 23, 2013 5:48 PM

Jul 2012
I am speechless.
Mar 25, 2013 4:10 PM
Jul 2018
This episode almost got me to tears. Time for the next episode.
Mar 27, 2013 12:38 PM
Jan 2012
Gosh, I couldn't hold the tears. Poor Shun.

This episode was very Casshern Sins-like again. I love this style, but the constant changing bothers me...
Apr 3, 2013 9:56 AM

Jan 2008
Sad to see Shun go... Will be intersting to see what the consquences will be.
"Truth is always a delusion." - Friedrich Dürrenmatt
Apr 3, 2013 12:34 PM

May 2012
Not a bad episode either, lots of great information and actual progress in the story! Some fights with weird animals but really great character development in this episode! It is getting better so that's a plus, but I doubt that it will be able to make up for episode 8!
Apr 4, 2013 8:37 AM

Mar 2013
Great episode. !!!
Apr 10, 2013 6:04 AM

Jan 2012
best episode by a million miles, very emotional and the soundtrack at the end got a little lump in my throat!
Apr 13, 2013 7:46 PM

Sep 2012
I was going to write a response, but this pretty much covers it:
Jayn said:
Well, that was incredibly emotional and I nearly cried. Nearly. Idk, to be honest, the whole animation with her flying away from his hut thing kind of made me laugh and took me out of the angst a bit. But no, seriously one of my favorite episodes from the anime so far and the OST was beautiful.
Apr 16, 2013 9:01 PM

Sep 2011
The music in this episode was phenomenal!(it really amplified the mood) Definitely my favorite episode so far even though the first half wasn't that great.
Apr 18, 2013 9:54 PM

Mar 2013
This is my favourite episode yet. The anime has really picked up in the last few episodes from the low of 5-7, but this stands out. The animations are extremely rich, and the atmosphere tense. This is what I was hoping for.

The premise of Shinsekai Yori just got a whole lot scarier.
Snake_tartareApr 18, 2013 9:59 PM
Apr 22, 2013 2:47 PM

Sep 2011
That sucks, poor Shun :/ And also poor Saki, I thought they were going to end up together :/
Apr 29, 2013 10:53 AM

Mar 2011
Poor Subaru.
May 16, 2013 11:02 AM

Jan 2013
I have a whole new respect for Shun now.
But yeah really great episode, with the whole subconscious.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

May 24, 2013 9:18 PM

Sep 2011
I.....god damn this episode left me speechless. I could write paragraphs from how beautiful this episode was, the creativity in its world and designs really took the center stage this episode and the ost did not hold back a single punch. Animation seemed a bit off at times, like saki's facial expressions dont always seem to match the situation but who cares about the animation when the designs and writing are this top notch.

I cant wait to see where this series goes from here, and by cant wait i mean im starting the next episode immediately. this series is to good to put down

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 24, 2013 11:37 PM

Sep 2011
One of the only times I cried during this entire series was when I saw what had happened to Subaru - especially when he died, but even before then. Poor dog. Shun tried so hard to leave him behind.
Jun 6, 2013 9:30 AM

May 2012
lolwut
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jun 6, 2013 4:52 PM
May 2012
wow worst episode by far, i hate saki as the MC, always have the urge to punch her when she talks, stupid female characters who try too hard to get the D annoy me ...
pls go back to the gayness ...
Jun 18, 2013 4:11 AM

Mar 2012
Acid. That is all.
Jun 19, 2013 7:14 PM

Mar 2009
Explained so much. Excellent watch. I hope this show keeps being the awesomeness that it is so far.
"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it." Oogway
Jun 30, 2013 3:22 PM

Apr 2013
This was a hell of an episode. Shun's unstable Cantus warped the whole space. The visual were weird but colorful. But at least we got some useful information.
Too bad that Shun killed himself :(
Jul 29, 2013 11:36 PM

May 2010
So Shun is dead? He's still listed as a main character.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 15, 2013 7:21 AM

Jul 2012
walk said:
"saki... zutto... sukidatta. sayonara"

PAST TENSE

That killed me
Aug 16, 2013 8:07 PM

Feb 2013
Saki sure showed that cat thing who's boss...
Sep 20, 2013 2:49 PM

Nov 2012
shit just getting real in this episode..
another heavy conversation.. :3
but not need to watch it twice :)
I wonder what will saki do in the future :3
Oct 8, 2013 3:07 AM

Dec 2012
Boring, half-hearted episode. Saki was so incredibly annoying, but what's worse is that nothing she said or did felt very enthusiastic. Like the VA + animation was just on autopilot. Too many damn closeups as well.

rip Subaru ;___; uh and Shun too, I guess.
Oct 20, 2013 2:07 PM

May 2010
Damn, this episode was really beautiful. I actually liked episode 5, but it feels like that episode was just a warm-up for this one. It wasn't just the camera angles, but also the choices of how to draw things, and even how to animate things, that was really stunning. There were a few moments where they dropped the frame rate and I didn't really see any artistic purpose to it, and a couple of other moments that could have benefited from more clarity, but overall it was one of the best episodes of anime I've seen in a long time.
“Money can't buy dere”
Oct 23, 2013 12:17 PM

Oct 2011
;__; Really sad to see Shun go, especially after his confession to Saki but apart from that the episode felt a bit empty? I feel like I don't know why this is happening - it's happening just because. Guess we'll have to see where the show goes from here.
Oct 27, 2013 1:38 PM

Aug 2012
myuun said:
I... cried. .-. It was the most horrendously painful episode yet in Shinsekai Yori and by far one of my favorites. Everything was so emotional and well done. I knew what was coming from the beginning, but having to watch it go through was so... ugh. I'll seriously miss Shun, he was so great and wonderful, and his last words to Saki were so kjdl;dsa. Uuuugh. Saki's scream too, just like walk mentioned was extremely heartbreaking.

Overall, fantastic episode, bu so sad, oh so sad.

You just said everything i wanted to say .
Dec 7, 2013 7:14 AM

Dec 2008
JUST

AMAZING

EPISODE
Dec 7, 2013 8:41 PM
Nov 2013
I'm really conflicted about this show. I had it hyped up a lot to me before i ever started watching, and one hand, the art is great, the world is interesting, and the scifi is good, but on the other, it's all kind of undermined by the fact that I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT ANY OF THESE CHARACTERS. I don't understand a single one of them. I cannot relate to a single one of them. I don't really even know why Saki loves Shun in the first place. I don't care than Shun is dead, and i don't feel sorry for Saki. We are also now on the tenth episode and still i have no clue what the plot is. This has all been setup, yet i still don't see it going anywhere. I want to like this show, but it's making it awfully hard to get into.
Jan 11, 2014 8:19 AM

Nov 2007
Aiyaaa, Shun.. I will miss you. Demo yappari~ even though he's the brightest and most sought character, he is also the most distant of them all. He still considers himself alone even though all of them love him so much. Not that he doesn't know though.
aws. So, its his subconscious fault. Poor him.
I was intrigued when Saki's mother brought the book to him. So doesn't that mean that its in their possession? Could it possibly because of Saki's older sister? Yoshimi?

Aiyaaaa. Anyways, about the confession.
Instead of Saki doing it, Shun did it.
Saki, I've always loved you.
So sad.
Ugh. why can't they be together?
But Satoru is still there.

Satoru x Saki then. <3
Jan 13, 2014 4:26 PM

Dec 2010
so why couldnt shun remove his mask? because he wasnt able or because his powers would get out of control?
Man I was hoping Shun would live until the very end and we get to see him become a badass
Feb 15, 2014 2:24 PM

Jan 2009
1. i thought the main plot was to find shun but apparently it took 1 episode for him to kill himself. i hope the story keeps this mood up.

2. i admire series that kill off their own characters. it just makes the people who like those characters feel even more sad.

10/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Feb 23, 2014 3:12 PM

Aug 2009
Splendid!!!! This was an amazing episode.
But why....why did Shun have to die? I was really hoping they would find a way to counter this and a way to stop it from happening but there was nothing. When Shun said he took all the poisonous pills I literally said "whoa" I mean he wanted to die but he could not...how would that make anyone feel about themselves and the power they posses?

I'm even more said that the romance between Saki and Shun can never be recognized, it just can never be. I really would have liked for them to be the main couple of this anime and live together and have a family but that aspiration is gone now. This was such a sad episode. Who knew he would be the first to go when watching the first episode? I certainly did not. I thought he would live on as a genius of sorts, someone people would look up to...a karma demon? why does his demise have to be so cruel? I can not deal!!!

Mar 26, 2014 4:03 PM

Jul 2013
Sooo DEPRESSING!! I never thought this wld be sooo SAD~ Shun's goodbye speech to Saki, and saying that he loves her made me cry a lot. Such an amazing episode! I'm going to miss him! :(
Apr 1, 2014 8:42 PM

Jan 2013
SephiriAzure said:
I felt bad for both Saki and Shun, since they loved each other, but never really got to be together : (

omg same ._. so that's so depressing
Apr 15, 2014 9:54 AM

May 2010
Cirris said:
So essentially, Shun had a very active sub-conscience. But because his Cantus(telekintic) abilities are directly tied to his subconscious, any thought, good or bad, is manifested thru his powers. What the educators call Karma demon. You can almost think of the outward manifestation of the disease would be something similar to tourette syndrome.

Shun turned poor Subaru into a pokemon.

Honestly, I'm not even sure if the world would survive with a scenario like that. You get one narcissistic karma demon with a apocalyptic subconscious and the entire region would be wiped out. It just doesn't seem like a world full of potential atom bombs could maintain itself long term. Especially if they can't control when they'll go off.

I get the feeling it's a cultural thing. Japanese are big on self control and suppressing their inner thoughts to maintain a harmonic balance in society. Something like this would be a nightmare for them.

liked the art. But i really wasn't digging the whole Saki zombie movements she made throughout the episode.

Also, another thing occurred to me. The assassin cats in this episode seem familiar to the "copycats" from episode one. Saki saw the shadow of one in her home when she was young. She also has vague memories of a sibling. Maybe the cat she saw was there to kill the sibling and she spotted it, or even witnessed the killing.

Now, are these cats sent to kill only karma demons or are they sent after all kids who fail to live up to expectations.

With what Shun became and what he did to his home village. Maybe extreme measures of killing unsuitable offspring is the remedy to save the society.

It still doesn't explain why "normal" humans with no Cantus are made to disappear. Why would they be a threat.

Great summary Sir.

I liked how the episode tackled the subconscious. Best ep so far.
Apr 28, 2014 1:08 PM

Aug 2013
What a tragic end for Shun... Is all our gang destined to transform into Karma demon? Since they all know the truth. From Saki saying, I guess Maria transformation will be the more violent one.

The symptome are really terrifying. To have subconscient so powerful that it can modify thing to the molecular level, it must be awful to have absolutely no control on yourself.

It was really interresting how he descripted the Juryoku. It seemed more like a curse than a benediction. Psychotelekinesis is a huge time bomb, ready to explode at any moment. At least, other massive destruction weapon can be moderated by human consciousness, they have no control on their power except hypnosis, which is hard to control in long term.

As I thought, the tainted cat may be a big treat for people that were conditioned to being scared of them, like when Saki was petrified at first, but once you know it's just a big tiger like, you can neutralize it easily with the Juryoku...

I really like how this show play on the morallity. It's really immoral to brainwash kid and make them live in a fake utopia, but at the same time, the children immaturity could lead to the end of the world. Their unstable emotion can affect dangerously their Juryoku and transform then in monster. So could we say that they are controlling them for their own safety or by pure fear? Could they not find another way?
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 3, 2014 5:41 PM

Jan 2013
I don't know why it's hard for people to figure out the main plot of this series.
The focus is for the main characters (so far Saki) to figure out why the world is in its current state, and why children are disappearing.

There could be more plots included in later episodes.
My brother and I compose classical and modern music, please click the link below if you're interested.
http://thesearethetwins.wordpress.com/

Please check out my profile to see what anime I recommend.

Keep pursuing your dreams! ~ Wynn
May 30, 2014 3:33 PM

Jul 2013
So much is revealed in this episode, and although the animation and chosen shots were kinda weird, this is probably one of my favourite episodes so far! I'll miss you Shun!
May 31, 2014 8:29 PM

Nov 2013
The atmosphere of this episode reminded me A LOT of Ergo Proxy. Pretty damn good episode despite it being a little too deep for me.

Jun 3, 2014 1:12 AM

Feb 2009
So can anyone tell me what is the meaning of the entire conversation about poisons?
Shun says he was given various combinations of poisons, that much I understand.
But what does he mean when he says to Saki, "I'm glad you didn't take any of them"
And what does Saki mean when she replies "I took all of them"

I mean Shun was given the poisons so he could kill himself right? But they didn't work because his subconsciousness detoxified them.
What does it all have to do with Saki?

Will be really helpful if someone can explain. Also I watched it subbed if it helps.

Winners and Victims stand alone!!
Jun 3, 2014 1:29 AM

Feb 2009
AiCon said:
Spirai said:
I have to rant first: I am REALLY pissed off at Saki for not even ONCE telling Shun "I love you" back. Heck, she could have even substituted in like, or possible love. Maybe she could be honest and admit to sexual attraction even, anything! Instead, she keeps screaming "SHUN!" and the boy says "I love you" TWICE by then giving her a friggin two chances, betting on the fact that she has a short term memory or maybe didn't hear him the first time, but NOOOO! She just keeps doing these dramatic bipolar movements and saying all these teary words (though in the end she just flies away saying "I need to live") and doesn't even take the chance to say "yeah, bud, was good while it lasted" or something. Seriously, screw her feelings for Shun, she made this episode scream "ME ME ME!" at times =.=*
That's because Saki wasn't in love Shun. Saki was in love with Satoru. Remember all those scenes of Saki staring at Shun and Satoru together. She later started having sex with Maria to forget about Satoru.

That is the most stupid explanation I have heard, Saki was in love with Shun ever since the scene in the boat with the stars. That's the reason she is Hell bent on saving him. Also it was Shun's image she saw in the cave before she restored Satoru's cantus. And she almost says "I love you" to Shun during the scene where he gives her the cat charm. And during the kiss scene with Satoru, she is devastated because she was expecting to see Shun after his dog came to her but them Shun ends up kissing Satoru.

So yeah, Saki's always loved Shun, but Shun only admitted his love to her at the moment of his death !!

Jun 3, 2014 1:31 AM

Feb 2009
myuun said:
AiCon said:
That's because Saki wasn't in love Shun. Saki was in love with Satoru. Remember all those scenes of Saki staring at Shun and Satoru together. She later started having sex with Maria to forget about Satoru.

Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope sweetie, you got it a little off.

Saki was in love with Shun. I promise you, Saki was more than in love with Shun. Right now, she likes Satoru, not in a romantic way, but she likes him. That time when they were together and lost in the forest did bring them closer into liking each other in that way, but as of episode ten Saki loved Shun more than anyone. Remember that part in episode eight when she was about to confess but Shun stopped him? Yup.

And finally, Saki didn't start having sex with Maria to forget about Satoru, she was doing it to forget about Shun.

Yeah, that just about nails it !!!

Jun 7, 2014 1:58 PM

Jan 2014
That was great.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2014 8:33 PM

Nov 2012
So the story of the boy who was in solitude referred to Shun. What a mind blowing and emotional episode.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2012

206 by fathandz »»
May 31, 9:45 AM

» Ugly KV

ScuzzyBear - Jun 8, 2023

9 by charlieman999 »»
Mar 28, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

1325 by Xeehad »»
Mar 2, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

169 by Xeehad »»
Mar 1, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2012

516 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 10:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.