Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Jan 12, 2017 1:13 AM

Jul 2014
The scenery is well done.

Everything else just throws me off though.

• Shitty CGI
  • Retarded villain who can't land a single hit on some dude running in a straight line as if he's a bronze V LeBlanc player despite having early access to the Practice Tool
  • An opening scene where the action that's supposed to pull you in yet has everything "interesting" covered by font more atrocious as comic sans
  • 10/10 animated boob jiggling that goes beyond the limits of Nekopara's boob bounciness slider
  • 0/10 camera panning that is more shaky then the boobs mentioned above

despite all the other random shaking there was there wasn't even any hand shaking during the episode, literally unwatchable
Jan 12, 2017 1:23 AM
Jun 2013
Conflicting art between the characters and background - hurt my eyes and my pride because I was expecting so much better. I can imagine a brighter background blending better, but I have yet to determine what palate would blend the characters into the background.

Can't recall any fanservice.
Anime exists
all is well
Jan 12, 2017 1:47 AM
Apr 2016
Remember Divine Gate? Remember project K? I do.
A real pity they are trying to do something like this after Project K. I am surprised they actually are doing this... Will have to follow it and see if it becomes something on par with K, which I highly doubt and regret seeing from a studio that brought me Project K.
Re:formed
Jan 12, 2017 3:03 AM
Oct 2013
I'm feeling sick right now. My motion sickness is triggering. It feels like I played COD.

Still...

ExplodingGirlJan 12, 2017 3:12 AM
Jan 12, 2017 3:23 AM

Sep 2015
the animation is very inconsistent. the backgrounds look good, but the character models ruin everything

....ok it wouldn't be much better but a little bit.

Jan 12, 2017 5:06 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Man, i'm just laughing my ass off looking at the rating dropping non-stop.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 12, 2017 5:49 AM
Jan 2016
This fanservice is horrible :| Without fanservice this anime would be much better.
Jan 12, 2017 6:06 AM

Aug 2013
unwatchable..

but the fanservices take my interest..
dunno, dropped for now
Jan 12, 2017 6:08 AM

Sep 2016
i will keep monitoring all the jiggly boobs and fanservices at sankaku ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 12, 2017 6:35 AM
Apr 2012
MozillaFennekin said:
OH MY GOD
THE TERRIBLE CG
THE UNNECESSARY FANSERVICE AND BONDAGE
THE BINDING POWERS

THE KING IS BACK. HE'S BACK TO RECLAIM HIS THRONE! LONG LIVE THE KING!

Big Order was the birth of a new genre, we've been getting 1 of these shows per season (which is AWESOME).

Big Order (2016 Q2) into Taboo Tattoo (2016 Q3) into Bloodivores (2016 Q4) into Hand Shakers (2017 Q1).

This is the new shitshow of the season, which is exactly why it should be watched. :D
HashHashHashHashJan 12, 2017 6:40 AM
Jan 12, 2017 6:38 AM

Jun 2012
Ish this was really bad, I never have bitched about camera work, but damn in this case I need to. Was it me or it was skipping frames or lagging?!
The CGI is atrocious, all the characters seem out of the place with the backgrounds like it was said above.
Even the boobs didn't jiggled right, like gravity was on reverse...
And it gave me a vibe that they really spent some serious cash in this, well it's original material and all. How come this studio only betting on one anime this season, makes this huge crap. I don't even need to watch more than one ep to drop this, something I rarely do.
Jan 12, 2017 6:57 AM

Dec 2015
MetaThPr4h said:
I resisted 3 minutes before dropping this shit.

Lol same here. It really didn't start well at all.
Jan 12, 2017 7:02 AM

May 2012
THe anime was not that bad. It seems most people hating it jsut for the animation which wasn't that bad anyway.

LunaLorinaitis said:
This fanservice is horrible :| Without fanservice this anime would be much better.

No, it would be other way around. Unless you are gay or woman
Jan 12, 2017 7:29 AM

May 2013
Had been counting the hours until some moron would bring the classic "you're gay if you don't like (insert fanservice of the week) element". MAL never leaves me hanging.

Out of curiousity: What if I were a gay woman, would I have to like the crappy bondage or not.
VentrisJan 12, 2017 7:34 AM

Jan 12, 2017 8:08 AM

Aug 2009
Ventris said:
Out of curiousity: What if I were a gay woman, would I have to like the crappy bondage or not.
No need for ifs and hypotheticals, my dear lass. I already know you are a gay woman. There is literally no other reason why you might dislike this piece of art.
Jan 12, 2017 8:39 AM
Oct 2016
let me laugh so hard, WHAT'S WRONG WITH GOHAND? I am like the style of animation K, no matter ecchi, although I am do not like ecchi, but why the animation is beautiful and the same time UGLY? 3D and cameras that make the beauty animasii destroyed, =. =

and theme and way fight reminded loveless, Animanga BL, wkwk
Jan 12, 2017 9:05 AM
Jan 2016
this episode was so bad that makes Divine Gate looks good in comparison...
Jan 12, 2017 9:52 AM

Dec 2014
well I am not used to the new visuals..plus the story itself is still confusing
Jan 12, 2017 11:03 AM
Apr 2014
Did I just waste nearly 10mins watching this. The worst use of 3d/cg ever
Just drop it after 6mins in. When I taught gohands production can't go wrong.
From k return of Kings to this.
Jan 12, 2017 12:36 PM

Jan 2015
I can't believe how bad this was. It was absolutely atrocious in every single way. GoHands should be ashamed of themselves.
Jan 12, 2017 1:45 PM

Jan 2016
well, that was a interesting animation.. unspeakable.. thats for sure..
confusing and (diffidently a K feeling) well as a alright begining..?
hope we get some info and not just half tentacle soft hentai..
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Jan 12, 2017 2:30 PM

Aug 2015
Where do I start?
The full CGI animation is very unpleasant to see and completely perturbed me to follow the episode. Whether it is the movements of the girl's breasts or chains with the other fool who moans... very embarrassing.
It's also very badly written, the hero (I could call him Nisemono-EmiyaShirou) discovers the ability of the "Hand Shakers" randomly because he finds a girl who reminds him of the other girl he saw die?? Mmh ...

1/5

The soundtrack looks pretty good. xD
Jan 12, 2017 4:02 PM

May 2015
This might be my first mistake of the season.... This shit looks absolutely awful.... The only good thing so far is the music. Smh.

Jan 12, 2017 4:53 PM

Oct 2016
Beh... Absolute bullshit.

Fanservice is overkill.
The animation is either good or trash, especially in a scene near the end where the camera zooms out on Break and Bind (or whatever they're called) and the size gets inconsistent
The fanservice.
The plot is terrible. Tuynom said it best, I think.
l
TuyNOM said:
It's also very badly written, the hero discovers the ability of the "Hand Shakers" randomly because he finds a girl who reminds him of the other girl he saw die?? Mmh ...

The CGI chains are absolutely appalling and cheap.

It's like they wanted to show off how bad-ass their animation was, but they ended up looking like a scrub.

I might just drop it. If Episode 2 doesn't look better, then I'll just stop.

The Meme Alchemist
I hate being a scrub.

"They give no quarter, they ask no quarter."
Jan 12, 2017 5:11 PM

Dec 2012
I've never watched an anime episode that gave me motion sickness before.
This show needs to chill with the camera movement.
The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.
Jan 12, 2017 6:05 PM
Jan 2009
I'm not sure you guys know what fan service is.
Jan 12, 2017 8:10 PM
Jun 2015
I'm sure I'll repeating how everyone else feels. I only got 8 minutes in, but I just had no desire to go further. I don't care how good the story is, it's imperative that anime has acceptable animation. The only way to describe the animation in this show is poor. The backgrounds don't sync up with the foreground, which just makes some scenes unbearable. The CGI, such as the chains, is just godawful. The 2D animation itself was largely fine. However, the boob physics were unrealistically bouncy to the point where it was more annoying than anything. The filter that just seems to be on everything is hideous and colors just look muddled. The character designs aren't particularly interesting either. As for the story, the intro was confusing in an uninteresting way. You can craft an introduction that leaves questions in the viewer's mind while also getting them interesting in the story. This show fails at that, giving absolutely no context and leaving the viewer befuddled. The breaking point for me the incredibly dull time spent in the classroom, in which we learn the main character likes machines and the girl with big tits wants him. I'm not watching any more of this unless I hear it gets better, which I doubt.
Jan 12, 2017 8:54 PM

Dec 2012
Oh god, my eyes hurt from 24 minutes of this episode. I can usually accept physics defying boob bounce from anime but this one really irked me off.
allo
Jan 12, 2017 11:16 PM

Dec 2007
It's a good thing I'm super calm all the time, because I enjoy this show and nothing irked me or made me 'cringe' or whatever buzzwords people use. The directing was unique and quite impressive to say the least.

Watching something new is good for a change. I'm glad 2016 started bringing a lot of changes in animation styles and 2017 is looking quite cool as well. Bring on the unique.
Jan 12, 2017 11:58 PM

Aug 2015
MemeAlchemist said:
Beh... Absolute bullshit.

Fanservice is overkill.
The animation is either good or trash, especially in a scene near the end where the camera zooms out on Break and Bind (or whatever they're called) and the size gets inconsistent
The fanservice.
The plot is terrible. Tuynom said it best, I think.

The CGI chains are absolutely appalling and cheap.

It's like they wanted to show off how bad-ass their animation was, but they ended up looking like a scrub.

I might just drop it. If Episode 2 doesn't look better, then I'll just stop.

This series started very badly and if I don't see any improvement on 3 episodes, I drop it.
Jan 13, 2017 7:14 AM

Apr 2011
This is like Double Arts, except without even 0.1% of the quality

Edit: Also, can I mention; it feels like they barely drew any of the backgrounds. Just took some random pictures and sliced them together, more like.

Chrono1219 said:
I'm not sure you guys know what fan service is.

They don't, really.
yhunataJan 13, 2017 7:52 AM
Jan 13, 2017 8:15 AM

Jun 2009
Shouldn't this anime have an ecchi-tag? seriously...

Dropped... gonna erase it completely because I don't even want to have this waste of time on my dropped-list....
Jan 13, 2017 8:18 AM

Sep 2016
the score almost reach 4 territory lol, i wonder what's japanese audience reaction to this shitfest lol
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 13, 2017 9:25 AM

May 2009
Nigami_Shin said:
the animation is very inconsistent. the backgrounds look good, but the character models ruin everything

....ok it wouldn't be much better but a little bit.

These aren't models, they are hand-drawn.
TuyNOM said:
It's also very badly written, the hero (I could call him Nisemono-EmiyaShirou) discovers the ability of the "Hand Shakers" randomly because he finds a girl who reminds him of the other girl he saw die?? Mmh ...

How is that badly written? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean this is badly written. Shitload of stories starts with here suddenly meeting mysterious girl and getting powers.
bastek66Jan 13, 2017 9:28 AM
Jan 13, 2017 9:44 AM

Aug 2015
bastek66 said:
TuyNOM said:

How is that badly written? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean this is badly written. Shitload of stories starts with here suddenly meeting mysterious girl and getting powers.

Yes thank you for adding the fact it's not original.
I think the studio could create a better anime to celebrate 30 years of Animate. :/
Jan 13, 2017 9:52 AM

May 2013
Is this anime only for those with 4k Resolution TVs? Seriously, it's too oversaturated in 1080p.
Jan 13, 2017 9:52 AM

May 2016
People complaining about the fanservice when it is the only good thing about the show.
Jan 13, 2017 10:53 AM

Sep 2012
This anime actually physically hurt to watch. I honestly got a headache about 5 min in, who the hell thought this was a good idea.
Jan 13, 2017 11:00 AM

Sep 2012
EcchiLordMamster said:
lordzeru said:

You ain't lying. After reading your posts I will go give it a 1/10 myself.

whatever you wanna do lol.. i mean im sure many ppl are only scoring it low because everyone else is

while the camera work is hard on the eyes i still loved it

I have it at a 1/10 myself because I got a headache watching the stupid thing.
Jan 13, 2017 11:25 AM

May 2009
TuyNOM said:
bastek66 said:

I think the studio could create a better anime to celebrate 30 years of Animate. :/

Nothing is original, everything is rehash.
Jan 13, 2017 12:04 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Bacon_and_Eggs said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

whatever you wanna do lol.. i mean im sure many ppl are only scoring it low because everyone else is

while the camera work is hard on the eyes i still loved it

i have no problem with people bitching about the camera work, but its only episode 1 and people are losing their shit

its mostly the "the fanservice was unnecessary" bullshit comments that irks me >.>
Jan 13, 2017 12:10 PM

Aug 2015
bastek66 said:
TuyNOM said:

Nothing is original, everything is rehash.

Yes but this anime is neither original nor interesting.
I wait to see if in the next episodes we'll give more explanations on the "Hand Shakers" and if the characters are less ennoying. Maybe ... we have the masterpiece of the year. xD

Why does Lightning like this series? TT__TT
Jan 13, 2017 12:20 PM

May 2009
EcchiLordMamster said:
i have no problem with people bitching about the camera work, but its only episode 1 and people are losing their shit

its mostly the "the fanservice was unnecessary" bullshit comments that irks me >.>

It's elitists who think anime needs to be "mature and serious" for mature and serious people like themselves.
TuyNOM said:
I wait to see if in the next episodes we'll give more explanations on the "Hand Shakers" and if the characters are less ennoying. Maybe ... we have the masterpiece of the year. xD

How are they even annoying?
Jan 13, 2017 12:21 PM

May 2013
EcchiLordMamster said:
Bacon_and_Eggs said:

You really seem intellectually challenged by the fact that people (yes, even heterosexual male ones) can actually enjoy 20 minutes of animation that do not feature titties or uglyass, lazily drawn bondage.
VentrisJan 13, 2017 12:26 PM

Jan 13, 2017 1:02 PM

Aug 2015
bastek66 said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

It's elitists who think anime needs to be "mature and serious" for mature and serious people like themselves.
TuyNOM said:

How are they even annoying?

I'm sorry but a character who blushes as soon as he looks at a cute girl or likes to repair watches has no personality. The hero is a classic, copy/paste of Emiya Shirou.
He reminds me of the annoying hero of Endride who enjoy precious stones. No, it's not a character trait!
Jan 13, 2017 1:07 PM

May 2009
TuyNOM said:
I'm sorry but a character who blushes as soon as he looks at a cute girl or likes to repair watches has no personality. The hero is a classic, copy/paste of Emiya Shirou.
He reminds me of the annoying hero of Endride who enjoy precious stones. No, it's not a character trait!

Wow, someone remembers Endride. Man, what bag of shit was it.
Jan 13, 2017 1:16 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
bastek66 said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

i would say those people are definitely more likely to be elitists lol... at least the motherfuckers who are always claiming that most anime "is for teens" when i can bet you its not teenagers buying BDs and its not teenagers watching 15 anime at a time, and that its mostly 20-30+ year olds

anyway, some people need to realize that just because an anime has violence, blood, gore, torture, drama, etc doesn't mean the show is supposed to be serious

Ventris said:

You really seem intellectually challenged by the fact that people (yes, even heterosexual male ones) can actually enjoy 20 minutes of animation that do not feature titties or uglyass, lazily drawn bondage.

implying that i never ever watched anime without titties lol... anyway, its more of the fact that the instant many ppl see fanservice they lose their shit or act as though they can't just watch something else as if they shouldn't know by now that its a staple in anime

and no i don't think it looks as bad as people are saying, i really don't.. the main thing about this anime that i can agree is a problem is the possibility of motion sickness
Jan 13, 2017 1:22 PM

Aug 2015
bastek66 said:
TuyNOM said:

Wow, someone remembers Endride. Man, what bag of shit was it.

I watch any type of series. ^^
At least Endride was funny to watch because it was a joke, unlike Hand Shakers which makes me uncomfortable...
Jan 13, 2017 1:39 PM

Sep 2012
EcchiLordMamster said:
Bacon_and_Eggs said:

I mean I do find the fanservice to be tasteless as it seems to be there for no purpose other than to have fanservice in the show, but I think that's far from being the series biggest problem as it fails on a technical level more than anything else.
Jan 13, 2017 1:47 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Bacon_and_Eggs said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

I mean I do find the fanservice to be tasteless as it seems to be there for no purpose other than to have fanservice in the show, but I think that's far from being the series biggest problem as it fails on a technical level more than anything else.

even if i agreed, i don't see anything wrong with that.. thats kinda the power of fiction

anyway, again, its just the camera work for me, nothing else is an issue
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2017

31 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 8, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2017

73 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 6, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2017

113 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 4, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2017

76 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 1, 2023 1:29 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2017

34 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 1, 2023 12:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.