Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Magical Girl Raising Project (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Dec 17, 2016 11:41 PM

Apr 2015
Binged the whole series in one go, and my thoughts:

"That was fun. But it didn't really do anything significant for my anime viewing experience."
The story was a bit of a mess. It wasn't utterly atrocious, sure, but it had quite a few things that made developments in the later episodes hard to swallow. (Going from 8 girls down to 4. Just put the initial number cap at 4, or 2, or hell, even 1.) But all in all, it's not like a massive gaping hole in the earth.
The characters ranged from shallow yet enjoyable to shallow and utterly garbage, and that hurt the show the most in my opinion. Swim Swim, by far, was the most developed character, and most of her development was just repeating stuff that her initial leader said while tearing the everliving sh*t out of someone. Beyond that, no one else went beyond flat two-dimensional characters. Add to that a near total lack of these characters with the world beyond the Magical Girl Running Man, and character interactions were further cheapened.
The art and animation were solid, but neither are something I'll be running home about.
The soundtrack was actually pretty solid. The ED was probably one of the best ED's I've heard this year, aside from RE:zero's first ending theme.

End rating would be a moderate-to-high 6.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Dec 17, 2016 11:46 PM

Feb 2013
God damn that anime was depressing....I mean...I fucking enjoyed the shit out of it, but god damn...

It was a good ending, but considering how fucking depressing it was, I was getting ready for the worst outcome, which part of me is glad they didn't because I just can't deal with that right now, but the sort of artistic side of me wishes they would have ended it with as much tragedy as possible.

anyway

8/10 for me.
Dec 17, 2016 11:58 PM

Sep 2013
Final Death Toll:

Survivors List:

Nyara said:
JOELbedulla said:
Alsooo, the titles made no sense! They didn't had anything to do with the episodes at all.
Seriously, naming an episode 'File not Found' is stupid.

Fav is not found anymore.

I think it is referring to the two girls on the train. They were talking about how the Mahou Shoujo game disappeared from the Internet. They guessed that the company that produced it might have gone out of business because the game was just suddenly gone one day with no explanation...as in "File Not Found."
Maelstrom184Dec 18, 2016 12:02 AM

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 18, 2016 12:05 AM

Dec 2009
@Talon184 @JOELbedulla
*Magic world person A looks for their familiar called Fav, but only gets File not Found*
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Dec 18, 2016 12:06 AM

Sep 2015
And there goes Fav, that deceiving "helper"
Just couldn't help yourself with mocking Top Speed could you? I felt Fav should have gotten a worse execution, but seems to be the only way so I'll take it.

For an adaption based solely on just the first LN volume (arc), I enjoyed it.
Snow White has sorta gone rogue-ish, but it was for a good reason.
If there is a season 2 (next arc), I'm so there to watch.

9/10
Dec 18, 2016 12:30 AM

Sep 2013
GenesisAria said:
@Talon184 @JOELbedulla
*Magic world person A looks for their familiar called Fav, but only gets File not Found*

I must have missed that. That's what I get for watching anime on one screen while goofing around with Photoshop on another!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 18, 2016 1:11 AM

Dec 2015
I've read some comments saying that there will be another season of this anime but I couldn't find any articles about it. If you guys hear anything feel free to let me know :)
Dec 18, 2016 3:02 AM

Apr 2013
Szadek23 said:
Zefyris said:

that's you doing that, not me, and I was pointing that it was what you're doing. Mahoiku's prologue is a death game and at the end of the death game there's two survivor. Mahoiku's story is about the survivor of those death game and the choice they make from there, how they change after that, how they adapt, how they live, what do they choose to fight for and how they do it.
AGK ends at the end of the battle royale. The whole story is that battle royale. Mahoiku's main story is after the battle royale.

So I'm asking again. How are the two even similar? :)

Oh that's what you, I though you were meant Clamberry and Fav with the 2 surviors.

Now that I know what you mean: Stop splitting hairs.
I'm obviously talking about the anime, because that's all I have seen and you know that.
Maybe it doesn't apply to the rest of the series (I will never know, because I'm not going to read the LN) ,but it sure as fuck applies to this anime (aka the prologue of the series).

And? if a story is 12 episodes long and you stop at the 1st episode, can you say two stories are similar because the first episode ends the same way that the last episode of another series?
Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't exist, nor that you can ignore it exists. Just because it's not the same medium doesn't mean you can do it more than this either. The anime took the beginning of the novel story and just transposed it, so obviously what you have is still a beginning . What you have with AGK's final episode is an ending. (a Gecko ending, but still an ending).
If you take the beginning of a story and add drawings and sounds/voices to it, it's still a beginning.
The one splitting hair is you, trying to imply that you can ignore that fact just because what's next isn't available in anime now.
ZefyrisDec 18, 2016 3:05 AM
Dec 18, 2016 3:08 AM

Jan 2011
Madoka clone that didn't have any real point. It was entertaining to watch until it sunk in for me that there is no grand point to anything going on. If there was suppose to be it seriously got lost in translation. This is a situation of "if what comes next is good" then that doesn't make it's set up good. Splitting series that have this problem (only identified when split) shouldn't be split. I'm only saying that based on what I garnered from some comments above. ED single is the best thing to come out of this.
IZEROIIDec 18, 2016 3:12 AM
Dec 18, 2016 3:10 AM

Feb 2010
Anticlimactic and feel empty, it's just like only the beginning. Swim2's death is just so-so, hoping for more bloody or gore but well whatever she gets what she deserves.

Funny thing is Snow White wins by doing nothing but maybe that's the point why she survives, since she is the only one who remains to be a true magical girl without participating in the death game, but i've heard in later arc she will change? Really looking forward to that since that will be a nice character development.

6/10 the deaths that made me sad was only La Pucelle and Tama.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Dec 18, 2016 3:15 AM

Apr 2013
GenesisAria said:

The one thing i would have done differently here as far as writing the conclusion, is for Snow White to accept becoming the Master of the raising project, and take charge. From then on out, finding things the make her unbeatable, like immortality elixirs and so on, holding the position of Master for eternity, keeping the project to a positive and mutually nurturing raising system. As long as she remained in power, nobody else would be able to promote any bloodbaths. @CaramelleAngel

Read post #101 on top of page 3, that's not possible. she cannot become a "master" that will create new magical girl just like that, and that wouldn't chaneg the fact that even if she could, she would just become one among many rather than the only one, so no authority on the others doing it.

roppuri said:
Anticlimactic and feel empty, it's just like only the beginning. Swim2's death is just so-so, hoping for more bloody or gore but well whatever she gets what she deserves.

Funny thing is Snow White wins by doing nothing but maybe that's the point why she survives, since she is the only one who remains to be a true magical girl without participating in the death game, but i've heard in later arc she will change? Really looking forward to that since that will be a nice character development.

6/10 the deaths that made me sad was only La Pucelle and Tama.

Well that's the prologue of the story so it is only the beginning. Hence why SW doesn't get any character development as well. You don't especially give character development to a protagonist in the prologue, but after the prologue. You get hint of that change starting at the end of the 12th episode.
ZefyrisDec 18, 2016 3:19 AM
Dec 18, 2016 3:19 AM

Jun 2014
Zefyris said:
Szadek23 said:

Oh that's what you, I though you were meant Clamberry and Fav with the 2 surviors.

Now that I know what you mean: Stop splitting hairs.
I'm obviously talking about the anime, because that's all I have seen and you know that.
Maybe it doesn't apply to the rest of the series (I will never know, because I'm not going to read the LN) ,but it sure as fuck applies to this anime (aka the prologue of the series).

And? if a story is 12 episodes long and you stop at the 1st episode, can you say two stories are similar because the first episode ends the same way that the last episode of another series?
Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't exist, nor that you can ignore it exists. Just because it's not the same medium doesn't mean you can do it more than this either. The anime took the beginning of the novel story and just transposed it, so obviously what you have is still a beginning . What you have with AGK's final episode is an ending. (a Gecko ending, but still an ending).
If you take the beginning of a story and add drawings and sounds/voices to it, it's still a beginning.
The one splitting hair is you, trying to imply that you can ignore that fact just because what's next isn't available in anime now.

Just because it's the beginning of a series and not the ending doesn't make comparison as less valid since I'm specifically compraing these 12 episode with another anime.
Whatever comes next is not going to change how similar these shows are up to this point.
Dec 18, 2016 3:21 AM

Apr 2013
Szadek23 said:
Zefyris said:

Just because it's the beginning of a series and not the ending doesn't make comparison as less valid since I'm specifically compraing these 12 episode with another anime.
Whatever comes next is not going to change how similar these shows are up to this point.

one just used it to build its story from there putting things in place for it, the other build it and stopped here. That's the exact contrary. The story of someone who just survived the crash of a plane and the story of a crash of a plane isn't the same thing at all.
Dec 18, 2016 3:27 AM

Jun 2014
All my favorite psychopaths kicked the bucket in the end (Alice, Cranberry, SwimSwim), but who doesn't love a bloody good battle royale :D

Of the survivors I'm glad Ripple made it.
Next season please.
Dec 18, 2016 3:41 AM

Jun 2014
Zefyris said:
Szadek23 said:

one just used it to build its story from there putting things in place for it, the other build it and stopped here. That's the exact contrary. The story of someone who just survived the crash of a plane and the story of a crash of a plane isn't the same thing at all.

You analogy doesn't hold much water.
It's more like both stories start with a plan crash, but one stops have that arc is resolved while the other contuines after that.
Zefyris said:

Well that's the prologue of the story so it is only the beginning. Hence why SW doesn't get any character development as well. You don't especially give character development to a protagonist in the prologue, but after the prologue. You get hint of that change starting at the end of the 12th episode.

Usually I would agree,but usually a prologue is very short.
That excuse doesn't really work anymore when the prolgue is long enough for a 12 episode anime.
Dec 18, 2016 3:51 AM

Jun 2013
Snow white Best grill she won by not doing anything
Dec 18, 2016 4:04 AM

Jan 2012
Szadek23 said:

That excuse doesn't really work anymore when the prolgue is long enough for a 12 episode anime.

And Akame ga Kill is 24 episodes, so shouldnt ya focus on comparin' the first 12 episodes of that anime to this? Or does it make it worse, that Akame ga Kill had 24 episodes for a "prologue" story?

Either way its not a good comparison, and yeah i do like Mahokei while i do hate Akame ga Kill^^

Hope we get luckily Arc 2:Restart with 24 episodes, would be quite interestin', though its unlikely with the stupid change in last episode without makin' Pythie appear as an teaser.

#TamaBestGirl
#FuckSwimSwim
Dec 18, 2016 4:09 AM

Jan 2012
KatanaBR said:
I have a question. If Snow White destroyed her magical phone, she can turn back to her normal form?

Dont quite remember the detail of the episode, so it might be a plothole in the anime.
BUT:

By the time of the last scene they both have new phones as the land of Magic contacted them. Which is y a certain character was expected to make at least a small appearance. So yeah the destroyed phone isnt a problem after that event.
Dec 18, 2016 4:12 AM

Jun 2014
sanlei said:
Szadek23 said:

And Akame ga Kill is 24 episodes, so shouldnt ya focus on comparin' the first 12 episodes of that anime to this? Or does it make it worse, that Akame ga Kill had 24 episodes for a "prologue" story?

Either way its not a good comparison, and yeah i do like Mahokei while i do hate Akame ga Kill^^

Well, we could and it wouldn't change much. Actually, it would probably make look Akame ga Kill better since the show gets pretty bad as it gets closer to the ending.
Dec 18, 2016 4:14 AM
Jun 2012
Ugh the only reason i watched it all through was too see if Snow White would die or not.
She didnt do anything and she didnt have any personality whatsoever until the last 5 minutes where she finally got pissed.
Also the characters that DID have personality and a good background story died.. >_>
The ending is also not satisfying in any way. The whole anime is just cringe-worthy and predictable for me lol
I voted 4/10
Dec 18, 2016 4:46 AM

Jul 2016
Glad this is over, what a waste of time this was. Actually had some slim hope this would be good when I started watching it. MC is too crybaby and useless overall
Futari wa Milky Holmes was a mistake
Yoshii did nothing wrong

Dec 18, 2016 5:21 AM

Apr 2015
wait, isn't swim swim cut Ripple's hand?? why it attached again?? i'm confused...
at last Swim Swim dead... and Snow white learn to fight...
i wonder if there's a 2nd season... there's no hint though...
7/10
Dec 18, 2016 5:58 AM

Apr 2012
Talon184 said:
Final Death Toll:

Survivors List:

Lol, this end was pretty obvious, but I can not remember when the last episode was so exciting and dramatic. Wonder whether it is possible to rely on the development of feelings between the ninja and Snow White? All the same, there's even was an official same-sex couple.

michaelh19 said:
wait, isn't swim swim cut Ripple's hand?? why it attached again?? i'm confused...
at last Swim Swim dead... and Snow white learn to fight...
i wonder if there's a 2nd season... there's no hint though...
7/10

Well, true evil is not punished and we have not figured out the true nature of Fav, so that the original story apparently is not over yet. Moreover, this adaptation light novell ...As for the hand, then at least in the form of the mahou shoujo she was still one-handed.
RobertBobertDec 18, 2016 6:07 AM
Dec 18, 2016 6:01 AM

Apr 2013
Szadek23 said:
Zefyris said:

It's more like both stories start with a plan crash, but one stops have that arc is resolved while the other contuines after that.
Zefyris said:

More exactly, one movie has the first 10 minutes depicting the plane crash and then 1h30 the aftermath, the other one is 1h40 with the plane crashing and peoples trying to stop it from crashing.
That's the proportion here. You just can't say they're the same type of story at all.

But it is fairly short. A 250 pages prologue isn't especially anything impressive for a novel series.
And a prologue is a prologue, no matter the size. it's obviously far shorter in a novella compared to a novel series, that doesn't change what authors do in them.

michaelh19 said:

It's not. Ripple is now a one eyed one arm magical girl. Pretty ominous considering the role of a magical girl, so the land of magic actually offered Ripple to regenerate her lost limb (so it seems like someone -probably in the medical department- has this power) but she refused.
Dec 18, 2016 6:06 AM
Mar 2010
FUCK, they killed best girl Swim Swim. It was super obvious that would happen, but still ;[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[
Dec 18, 2016 6:35 AM

Jun 2014
Zefyris said:
Szadek23 said:

More exactly, one movie has the first 10 minutes depicting the plane crash and then 1h30 the aftermath, the other one is 1h40 with the plane crashing and peoples trying to stop it from crashing.
That's the proportion here. You just can't say they're the same type of story at all.

But it is fairly short. A 250 pages prologue isn't especially anything impressive for a novel series.
And a prologue is a prologue, no matter the size. it's obviously far shorter in a novella compared to a novel series, that doesn't change what authors do in them.

You are talking bullshit again.
I have nothing new to say, since I already explained and you are obviously not paying attention anyway,so there is no point in doing it again.

Sry, but when your "prologue" is this long, it's not prologue anymore, but the start of the actual story and I will judge it as such.
Dec 18, 2016 6:36 AM

Dec 2012
Disappointed and slightly confused by the ending. What's snow white going to do with ripple now, learn to fight? What for? She left her home for that?

Swim Swim finally died, albeit satisfying, I didn't get a backstory despite her being the character I wanted to learn about the most given how fucked up she is.

I liked how Ripple could just put her arm back on, sadly that trick doesn't work for her eye!

7/10, almost a 6. It was entertaining to watch and I didn't find many logic defying actions, although the cliches did show up quite often.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Dec 18, 2016 6:39 AM

Dec 2013
Hrm.... I really liked this show for some reason. The killing game and all that was interesting enough, to get each person's back story was great and all, but I really can't put my finger on just what I liked about this show, apart from the fact that the reasons why Snow White was able to opt out of killing anyone (apart from Alice, indirectly, because I feel it was her fault that she pushed the girl away) weren't too contrived. I was waiting throughout the show to pick on it, but honestly I couldn't find anything bad about it.

Solid show. Even the ending, with her and Ripple's characters, was believable. The honorable ninja and the innocent girl who became aware of her situation and in the end decided to follow her heart and help people in her own way (taking down terrorist organizations, lol).
HESTIAAPPROVES
Dec 18, 2016 6:42 AM

Feb 2014
I wasn't surprised by how Snow White got fed up with Fav and broke her phone. It was about time she lost her cool at him as well.

The fight between Ripple and Swim Swim was close and brutal. Although Ripple was slashed in the eye, she was able to FINALLY kill Swim Swim. About.Damn.Time.

Not only did Swim Swim Perish, Fav also thankfully disappeared as well. Snow White's item must've revived Ripple, who helped Snow White in destroying Fav's communication item. Now the two of them are working and sparring together as they look after the city and by the looks of it for Snow White, save important people and thwart terrorists.

Overall, I find this show to be pretty good, but it does have its flaws. Certain character's deaths lack impact and the death flags were easily predictable. Not just that, but it took too long for Swim Swim and Calamity Mary to get what they deserve and survive longer then they should.

Despite that, the show has plenty of strong points. The soundtrack was enjoyable, along with the OP and excellent ED songs. Lerche deserves praise for doing a solid job on the art and animation front. Characters like Top Speed, Tama and Alice were very enjoyable and their deaths had plenty of impact.

There's tons of more content for the producers to make a longer second season, so I'm interested to see how well or not this show sells.

7/10 is my final score.
Dec 18, 2016 8:20 AM

Jan 2011
fateoffate said:
Some changes from LN.

Snow White was supposed to follow Ripple immediately.
The thing about giving up being magical girl should have happened before Hardgore Alice died and it doesn't last long.
Also, Snow supposed to find out how to kill Fav by reading Fav's mind and give the signal to Ripple.
Use the Halberd. Snow throw the phone next to Ripple and then Ripple broke it.

Is Lerche trying to make Snow White unlikeable?
Thanks for telling me. I swear someone needs to do a write up on all the botched LN adaption. Anyway telling me this makes me feel better about my 9 I just gave it. Though I still think Lerche does a good job just showing how Snow White wants to be the real magical girl. I can see how omitting moments like that could effect her character though.

Anyway I really loved this series. It came out of nowhere and really liked it. The Fall has overly mediocre to straight up bad at times...to get this gem I loved. I was in between 8 and 9. I do agree it got predictable at times and the character development was shakey. If it was 26 episode it would easily be a 10 out of 10. Overall thoughts I really liked this show. It really took the magical girl genre and put on its head. I really like at the end of the day it was all a test and just some sick game to find a new master. The powers they were given ended up being cruses.

I got the LNs bookmarked. I shall be reading them over my winter break.

I wonder how much PTSD Ripple and Snow White are suffering from right now?

Also I loved the ending....I would have hated it if both Swim Swim and Ripple died and then snow White goes on to forcefully become a master or she uses the weapon Swim Swim has to kill Fav and then goes Rogue. I'm happy with a slight differing from the norm.
MasterHavikDec 18, 2016 8:24 AM
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Dec 18, 2016 8:27 AM

Aug 2015
Score: 4/10

In detail:

A very disappointing end.

There are several problems:
- the lack of interactions between the characters especially between Ripple and Snow White.
- the lack of development of characters in general that prevents us from feeling compassion for their death.
- Fav is clearly a vlllain and shows no subtlety despite his chara design.
- what irritated me to the highest point in this last episode is the reaction of Snow White. She finally understands that Fav had organized this Battle Royale to keep a magical girl for the world of Magic. Is she stupid? It was so obvious!

This end is disorderly. Swim Swim has no impact on the end, she is simply a cold-blooded killer who wants to become a princess. Wooah! What a deep character!
Fav tells us about his education program which I had completely forgotten, so we don't mind during the series. This program could have been interesting if we had focused more on it.

Overall, the series seems to rush many elements. The format is unfortunately not suitable for 16 main characters.

I haven't read the LN, so I can't judge the adaptation of the series. But I really hope the novel is better than this disjointed Battle Royale.
TuyNOMDec 18, 2016 9:14 AM
Dec 18, 2016 8:33 AM
Jan 2016
Who killed Nemurin then? Fav? Then why didn't he do the same to Ripple and Snow White?
This anime was very, VERY lame.
Dec 18, 2016 8:46 AM

Dec 2009
Zefyris said:
GenesisAria said:
The one thing i would have done differently here as far as writing the conclusion, is for Snow White to accept becoming the Master of the raising project, and take charge. From then on out, finding things the make her unbeatable, like immortality elixirs and so on, holding the position of Master for eternity, keeping the project to a positive and mutually nurturing raising system. As long as she remained in power, nobody else would be able to promote any bloodbaths. @CaramelleAngel
Read post #101 on top of page 3, that's not possible. she cannot become a "master" that will create new magical girl just like that, and that wouldn't chaneg the fact that even if she could, she would just become one among many rather than the only one, so no authority on the others doing it.

According to what, the LN?

Dec 18, 2016 8:50 AM

Jun 2015
An Ok finale to an okay series. :)
I am very much content with it (which is surprising for me too). xD
Good to see snow white being proactive in her approach to avoid regretting later. Her character development is (late but) very satisfying. She is more likeable now. ;)

So Ripple x Snow White is the end game? I very much approve. x)

Next season (if there is any) may be about them stopping these magical girl raising projects I guess. :?

6/10.
HijaziDec 18, 2016 8:54 PM
Dec 18, 2016 9:17 AM
Aug 2011
CaramelleAngel said:
neonie said:

Magical devices? Like the weapons, and items, and stuff?

Pythie's first appearance (based on the LN) is right after the land of magic allows Snow White and Ripple to become magical girls. In the anime they showed 2 scenes towards the end. One was Snow White "acting outside of her district". In between this 1st scene and the 2nd scene where Snow and Ripple spar and discuss their ideals is when Pythie could/(should have acc. to the LN timeline) have made a cameo.

Hope this answered your question : -)

Pretty sure this didn't happen due to not knowing if a season 2 would happen.
Dec 18, 2016 9:24 AM

Aug 2016
Can we all agree Ripple is awesome? I mean, she lost an ARM and an EYE, yet she still is an amazing fighter.
Dec 18, 2016 10:46 AM

Aug 2015
Fav not found hahahaha
Anime was interesting so I kept watching until the end. Guess I'll read the LN and see how the rest goes

smartie344 said:
Can we all agree Ripple is awesome? I mean, she lost an ARM and an EYE, yet she still is an amazing fighter.

She is definitely one of the more combat oriented mahou shoujos
Dec 18, 2016 11:01 AM

Aug 2016
A pretty anti-climatic ending 6/10
Snow White's existence in this series is a joke.
And, Ripple's cool and all, but - how did she not die from loss of blood, though?

Once we seize space, we'll all...
Dec 18, 2016 12:13 PM

Dec 2009
@Zankyou-no-Clear
Snow White has to live with having been a bystander to murder the whole time.
Her arm was only lost in magical girl form, not in human form.

Dec 18, 2016 12:16 PM

Aug 2016
GenesisAria said:
@Zankyou-no-Clear
Snow White has to live with having been a bystander to murder the whole time.
Her arm was only lost in magical girl form, not in human form.

Oh, alright. I guess that explains the thing with Ripple. ^u^
Mhm, what I meant with Snow White is that she didn't actually *do* much throughout the series - disregarding the emotional side of things.

Once we seize space, we'll all...
Dec 18, 2016 12:20 PM
Dec 2016
So glad to see Swim Swim dies, she deserves it.
Dec 18, 2016 12:22 PM

Dec 2009
@Zankyou-no-Clear
Keep in mind this anime is another one of those MC-misdirect series. You seem to be established to a main character, except it turns out they're not really a main character after all, at least not at this point.

I haven't read the LN's yet, but i've gotten enough hints to show that Snow White only starts being an actual main character after the point where the anime ends. She takes the sociopathy thing all the way.

After all, she abetted the murder of Fav. (If we consider the situations where her inaction got people killed as not counting)

...So technically she didn't get out clean.
GenesisAriaDec 18, 2016 12:32 PM

Dec 18, 2016 5:07 PM

Jul 2016
I enjoyed this show a lot. However, I think there was TOO many deaths happening at once. Every time they focus on a character, they are going to die (well, most of the time).

I'm hoping for a S2.

Snow White --- teaching you how to survive a battle royal without killing :O

Dec 18, 2016 5:40 PM

Aug 2015
Just like in real life, if you're playing a competitive game and just want to survive, not advance or gain, just stay neutral and out of the way and you'll probably come out on top after the smoke fades.
Dec 18, 2016 6:14 PM

Oct 2013
Red_Ryu12345 said:

Pretty sure this didn't happen due to not knowing if a season 2 would happen.

Yea, It was a pretty closed ending, so yea I don't think there is a season 2 in the works. This really seems to be just another 12 ep long commercial for the LN, so it doesn't surprise me that they ended the series in this manner.
I couldn't think of anything cool to put here.
Dec 18, 2016 7:30 PM

Aug 2008
lol, all that Swim Swim hate. Like, I hate her too, but come on, she's a little kid. No mercy, huh? :3

Anyway, I'm glad about the reveals and how it turned out. Some of the deaths hurt, but at least they made up as the last survivors. Pretty neat.

I wonder what the LN is about? Being dragged into more conflict, I guess. Poor kids. But yeah, the anime was fine and interesting. It gave me the Madoka vibes, with all that trope deconstruction and stuff.
Dec 18, 2016 8:41 PM

Jan 2014
Nyara said:
JOELbedulla said:
Alsooo, the titles made no sense! They didn't had anything to do with the episodes at all.
Seriously, naming an episode 'File not Found' is stupid.

Fav is not found anymore.

The Clamberry Magical Girl Raising Project file is not found. The incident has been covered up.
Dec 18, 2016 8:45 PM

Jan 2014
Ranxomare said:
All the truth revelated!!!!

Riple kill Swin Swin!!!

Sad final to my opinion, because all the way, 16 Mahou in the begining and ends stay alive only 2, Snow white and Riple ; _ ;

7/10.

16 in this incident and who knows how long Clamberry had been conducting these mahou shoujo trials as Master and killing everyone?
Dec 18, 2016 9:47 PM

Jan 2014
A satisfying ending and a solid 8/10.

There were few glaring minuses for me, the super obvious death flags being one and my own pet peeve being the background music in some of the more dramatic scenes that didn't enhance the action but provided and unwelcome distraction from it. The battle scenes were brief, and this seemed to leave much to desire for some wanting more action, but I found this anime more psychologically affecting rather than putting its weight into dazzling mahou shoujo vs mahou shoujo battle sequences. For instance, imagine having to give up a span of years of your life to buy a weapon or some article that just might keep you alive through a survival game? That's a total mindf**k). Imagine the horror of engaging in a duel only to realize too late that you're far outclassed by Clamberry and this is a fight to the death.

The fights were brief, the skies gradually got darker over the town and no one was showing up anymore to Fav's chats where he cheerfully announced who'd died that week, and the death of mahou shoujo were so tragic to seem almost banal in some cases, which seemed to add more to the numbing horror and hopelessness of being trapped in Clamberry's Mahou Shoujo Dying Project. When Clamberry reached into what looked like a rock and killed Minael it took probably all of 1 minute and there she was, dead on the ground. Around episode 9 I was glad all of this would soon be over.

Snow White is really interesting in that she's perhaps the most useless heroine I can ever recall making it to the end of a mahou shoujo anime alive. Her awesome flowering character design went a long way to preventing me from actually disliking her. She's the only girl who refused to fight, but I don't think that's why she managed to stay alive, but it was through the sacrifices of other mahou shoujo who protected her when she wasn't shivering in a corner somewhere or in her bedroom crying. I didn't much like Ripple until her dream/visitation from Top Speed when Ripple seemed to finally experience some character development (one arm and one eye ... too much character development!). My favorite throughout the anime has to be the 9 year old aquatic murderess in a bathing suit with bat wings, Swim Swim. She was framed as having "screws loose" but I couldn't agree. Being 9 or 10 and lacking the necessary brain development to fully comprehend death, she behaved as I'd imagine a precocious child might act, carefully following instructions provided by adolescents (eliminate anyone who sees you in human form). She's the only one who fully rose to the challenge of staying alive in a game of survival. Overall, good pacing, great story. Wonder which arc will be adapted for S2?
GanbatteBakemonoDec 18, 2016 10:01 PM
Dec 18, 2016 10:49 PM

Sep 2008
Overall I liked this show, it was dark and it held my attention. My main complaint is that Snow White was ostensibly the MC, but she didn't do much and had limited powers. It's not believable that she could have survived to the end, she should have been easily killed by Swim Swim or Calamity Mary, especially after her stronger partners went down. And what was the point of making her character like that? Why such a weak MC who didn't even do much until the final ep?

I liked a lot of the girls, Top Speed and Hardgore Alice were my favorites. I was sad when they went down.

I wasn't even absolutely sure this was the last ep until I saw the end card LOL. But yeah, Fav is gone so it's the end. But how come they are still magical girls??

Anyway 8/10 for the show. One of the better magical girl shows I've seen.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2016

254 by minimiau »»
Apr 11, 2023 5:11 PM

» Restart is getting an anime!!

mahoushaojiu - Jan 29, 2023

12 by Timcampy »»
Jan 30, 2023 1:22 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2016

233 by KillMeDaddyUwU »»
Jan 8, 2023 9:19 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

204 by KillMeDaddyUwU »»
Jan 8, 2023 8:47 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2016

251 by KillMeDaddyUwU »»
Jan 8, 2023 8:09 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.