Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Magical Girl Raising Project (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 17, 2016 12:10 PM
Dec 2015
A bit disappointed...

In the end Snow white didn't achieve anything worth remember...

What I remember in this anime is some girls (oh and a boy) became magical girl and they killing each other and they die with a flash back of their memory.

Anyway beside the story, the art is good.
MokiMekiDec 17, 2016 12:18 PM
Dec 17, 2016 12:13 PM

Oct 2013
Not very impressed with this series overall. The show did manage to bring some emotional impact, but for me personally, the only deaths that made me tear up are the ones that psychologically affected the main characters. This whole entire show was very formulaic with the deaths, which I think is one of this series faults.

Most of the characters are also VERY static. The only character to really make a more gradual change was Ripple, and then Kyouki (but only during the last fucking episode lmfao) For what it's worth, the finale was fine, however the answer to which I was looking for (as in, why in the world this was happening) was not really...satisfactory lmfao. Fav and Cranberry did this...just because they were bored. Cue edgy/grimdark bloodshed and me snoozing. I also personally hate it when kids are abused or hurt, and can't really tolerate that in explicit/unnecessary detail so a lot of the scenes unsurprisingly disturbed me (especially hardgore alice's death).

Before the LN readers jump down my throat, I went ahead and read up on the series (and read most of the LN volumes/arcs) and without spoiling, I'd say arc 1 (which this series features) is the least interesting arc out of the series. Furthermore, i find Fav and Cranberry to be the least interesting antagonists. When it comes to character relevancy, Hardgore Alice, Shou-chan and Top Speed are the only ones who are really going to be carried in the hearts of Ripple and and Snow White. Any other characters (excluding cranberry and swim swim) could have been changed with a different magical girl and there deaths still would have meant relatively the same in the grand scheme of things. I don't want to go to deep into the other novels but personally I would rather have seen literally any arc adapted but this one lmfao. This adaptation is at best, forgettable. At worst, it's utterly unenjoyable- it's not even amusingly edgy (like st like Big Order which was awful and edgy but also really funny. I actually lowkey really hated this, so I was really surprised when I actually found the other arcs even vaguely interesting/enjoyable)

Ok, also a lot of this is just opinion so please don't send me an 8 page essay yelling at me lmao. I love to discuss but I do not have the energy to argue.
I couldn't think of anything cool to put here.
Dec 17, 2016 12:18 PM

Sep 2015
Poor anime overall. Thankfully it was entertaining to say the least. It had the potential to be a decent anime but with 12 episodes and a wide cast of characters it would have been difficult to pull off. Only kept watching just to see how it ended.

5/10

May 2015
The ending was a bit anti-climatic.

One of my major grouses with the show is the depth of the fights: there's little action and they end too quickly.
Oct 2015
Amazed at all the people that sat thru 12 episodes of a series and then came here to complain at how terrible this series is. If its so bad you should have dropped it 10 episodes ago.

I myself enjoyed this series and am looking forward hoping we get a 2nd season.
Dec 17, 2016 12:20 PM
Sep 2016
Maybe you hate a useless Snow White in this arc but in the next arc ....
Dec 17, 2016 12:21 PM

Aug 2016
I'm happy how it turned out, I'm also happy that Swim Swim is finnaly death
I'll give this anime a 7/10 :)
Nanika ga Okashii
Dec 17, 2016 12:22 PM

Jun 2014
Nyara said:
The ending can be felt a bit dull without S2, but I'm almost confident that we WILL get the S2, so I'm completely OK that they left it open and all. Lovely ending card for the memories, too! BTW Pirate-like Ripple is badass.

I wouldn't bet on it.
Light novel (and most manga) adatations mostly exists to promote the scource material, so the show has to sale a crap lot of copies in order to get a sequel.
Re: Zero for instance sold pretty well and even that show might not get another season.
NipahAllDay said:
Szadek23 said:
An appropriately terrible ending for a terrible anime.
It's the Akame Ga kill of magical girls but way worse.
Fuck this anime.
Fuck off with that bullshit

This anime?
Yes you are absolutely right about that.
Dec 17, 2016 12:24 PM

Mar 2015
staritoss said:
Ebian said:
Whew such a terrible ending unfortunately the only thing that kept me invested in the series was Swim Swim
swim swim was bitch

lies swim swim was an impressionable loli who got tricked to killing every one else
Dec 17, 2016 12:24 PM

Jun 2012
Ripple became one armed Big Boss :) Great ending, i always love how villains beg for mercy right before dead, show how pathetic they really are.
Dec 17, 2016 12:25 PM

Dec 2014
Szadek23 said:
Nyara said:
The ending can be felt a bit dull without S2, but I'm almost confident that we WILL get the S2, so I'm completely OK that they left it open and all. Lovely ending card for the memories, too! BTW Pirate-like Ripple is badass.

I wouldn't bet on it.
Light novel (and most manga) adatations mostly exists to promote the scource material, so the show has to sale a crap lot of copies in order to get a sequel.
Re: Zero for instance sold pretty well and even that show might not get another season.
NipahAllDay said:
Fuck off with that bullshit

This anime?
yeah, akame ga kill needs to fuck off. Thanks for agreeing with me.
Dec 17, 2016 12:26 PM

Jun 2015
She's dead!!!!
Swim Swim is DEAD!!!
god, i wish she got stabbed a couple more times!
shame that we didn't get to see her suffer.
8/10 for this. it was actually really good...if you ignore the waifu killings
at least useless white redeemed herself as a character (she looks like a future badass now :D)
Dec 17, 2016 12:30 PM

Jun 2011
They're going to have to explain why Pythie didn't show up at all if they ever get to animating the later LN's. Really bugged me how they changed these things from the source.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Dec 17, 2016 12:31 PM

Jul 2013
The ending was really satisfying with both Swim Swim and Fav biting the dust. Swim Swim demise's was meh, but Fav going all smug to later begging for his life and trying to justifie he didn't really trashed Top Speed was fucking gold. It gave me a good laugh.

The show was overall fine. Some things could have been executed better (the fights especially, who except one or two, were average), Snow White was pretty much useless during all the series (even Fav was surprised she lasted that long with her shitty abilities xD) and pretty much all the characters I liked were killed, but I managed to enjoy it despite that.
And about a second season, it really seemed like a conclusive ending, so I'm fine with the ending.

6/10.

Szadek23 said:
It's the Akame Ga kill of magical girls
I totally think the same. Hell, even both series ends
IllyricusDec 17, 2016 12:34 PM
Dec 17, 2016 12:34 PM

Jun 2014
NipahAllDay said:
Szadek23 said:

I wouldn't bet on it.

This anime?

and so can Ikusei Keikaku by extension, because they are so similar.
Dec 17, 2016 12:35 PM

Jan 2009
I'm terrified by how an anime can make you hate a little girl and feel satisfied by her death! actually I take it back, she died very quickly it wasn't satisfying at all!
I'm glad they got rid of Fav in the end, and even though bringing Ripple back was kinda bullshit, I'm glad she survived.
Dec 17, 2016 12:37 PM

Dec 2013
mozgow said:
Great ending to overall a very good series. If it was more consistent with backstories, I wouldn't hesitate to give it a 9/10

Also...

... current story end and new one begins.

How are the chances for season 2 ?

I agree great ending, fav was killed by his own toy lol, justice finally, I'm little sad for swim swim death although I didn't like her a lot Becuse she was a little girl after all
I don't think there will be 2. Session or maybe with new candidates
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2016 12:37 PM

Dec 2014
Szadek23 said:
NipahAllDay said:

Except the death actually carries over and the tone stay almost the same. Akame Ga Kill's death = one of my members died, I'm sad. Next episode: showing them being happy and has comedy.
Dec 17, 2016 12:41 PM

Sep 2016
Szadek23 said:
NipahAllDay said:

not really since akame got actual plot and more impactful deaths
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 17, 2016 12:43 PM

Jun 2010
Ahegyao said:
They're going to have to explain why Pythie didn't show up at all if they ever get to animating the later LN's. Really bugged me how they changed these things from the source.

When would this Pythie girl have showed up?
Dec 17, 2016 12:51 PM

Dec 2014
GangsterCat said:
Szadek23 said:

not really since akame got actual plot and more impactful deaths
Nah. I do enjoy Akame ga Kill, but it's not really comparable to Raising Project. Its plot is all over the place and some of the death are completely avoidable.
I really don't see how Akame Ga KIll is better?
NipahAllDayDec 17, 2016 1:17 PM
Dec 17, 2016 12:53 PM
Sep 2013
As the anime has ended now, I can say that when I read the LN I was surprised that Swim Swim did die. With MGRP having multiple arcs and her being as young as 7 years old, I thought Snow White was going to make it in time to stop the fight. With Swim Swim living on to become a recurring antagonist. I was a little disappointed that didn't happen at the time.

Although thankfully this changes in future arcs.
Dec 17, 2016 1:16 PM

Sep 2015
This ending was a bit anticlimatic tbh... I wish Snow White had more character development because honestly she didn't do anything and is basically "just there" during most of the show.

I liked what they did with Ripple tho, she finally got to avenge Speed Star I'm glad. And she's more badass now, she is my favorite character in this show no doubt about it.

7/10 for me, if a second season comes out I'll watch it for sure !
Dec 17, 2016 1:19 PM

Jun 2016
SwimSwim had to die, but I'm glad that Ripple and Snow White are still alive. I did want to see more of a reaction from the two that a little girl with a, as Fav put it, 'warped mind' caused so much damage.

I'm surprised that a lot of people hated her but liked Cranberry though. Cranberry purposely created this death match and has killed many people before this version of the match, but most people still love her and hate SwimSwim for killing people. Morally, Cranberry is worse because she's an adult (or at least older than SwimSwim) and should know better. SwimSwim was just corrupted by Ruler, who was essentially a cult leader.

Fav gloating was funny, because he (it?) knew that Snow White couldn't do anything. I hope we get another season.

I enjoyed the show. In terms of a battle royale feel, this one did well. Each character was memorable in their own way and I liked that Snow White was able to live until the end, because usually those types of characters pull a Sister Nana or Nemu and die quickly and/or by their own hands. The fact that she took being a magical girl seriously and stayed away from the fighting is praiseworthy. A lot of show watchers will still hate her, but she maintained being a good person through the show while helping a lot of people and finding their keys.
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Dec 17, 2016 1:25 PM

Dec 2014
Damn good ending right there. Most things tied up well, and an ending that's open, but conclusive enough to be satisfying. One question though: How are Snow White and Ripple still magical girls if the main device holding Fav is broken? Did I miss something from a previous episode?

On the show itself though, I've seen many people say this is a shallow Madoka clone. Personally, I disagree with that. Sure, they share a common subject in "gory magical girls" but they take this subject in different ways, and in MahoIku's case, a battle royale. These shows are actually quite good watches, since each character has different abilities and character traits, enough so that you can root for someone. Of course, everyone I rooted for across the 12 episodes of this show died except for Ripple, who is now permanently scarred, or at least that's what it looks like. It wasn't overly deep or complex, but it didn't really need to be. Overall, a damn fine show, and if a 2nd season gets announced in the future, I'll watch it for sure.

8/10
Dec 17, 2016 1:27 PM
Jan 2014
I enjoyed the story and overall concept, but found the ending to be lackluster.

It felt like there wasn't enough development or emotional investment for characters to make them likeable, or cause sadness when they died.
There were 12 pretty girls, but none of them were able to reach waifu potential due to how little we saw of them. Most of them were treated like side characters who just showed up to die.

I'd give this anime a high 6 or low 7 out of 10, same as my Re:Zero rating.
Dec 17, 2016 1:28 PM

Jun 2011
neonie said:
Ahegyao said:

When would this Pythie girl have showed up?

Around the time the magical devices were implemented and even before since she volunteered to be Snow White's mentor.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Dec 17, 2016 1:38 PM

Jun 2010
Ahegyao said:

Around the time the magical devices were implemented and even before since she volunteered to be Snow White's mentor.

Magical devices? Like the weapons, and items, and stuff?
Dec 17, 2016 1:39 PM

Jun 2010
H-Chroma said:
Skimpy outfits.
xD

Outfits could have been more skimpy, but that'd probably make this a different type of show, all together, lol.
Dec 17, 2016 1:52 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Really good ending, they did it well. The Fav kill was kind of ehhhhh though.
All in all, very good series for me, the characters were all cool to look at with their different personalities. The best part of the anime was how the plot points were connected.

8/10
Dec 17, 2016 1:56 PM

Aug 2016
This ep was pretty lackluster. Snow White was useless as always and Swim Swim should have had a longer, more satisfying death. I wanted to see her get what she deserved. The series kept me interested enough so I will give it a 6.
Dec 17, 2016 2:12 PM

Mar 2015
Swim swim and Fav are dead, good final.

Dec 17, 2016 2:12 PM

Apr 2013
I have a question. If Snow White destroyed her magical phone, she can turn back to her normal form?
Dec 17, 2016 2:14 PM

Oct 2012
This is the best "16 characters 12 episodes" show I've seen. While certain characters got a lot more character development due to living the longest, pretty much all the characters were given enough detail to make them interesting enough to be sad over their deaths.

The final battle was good and I think the main part of the battle that showed how Ripple's mindset had changed since her introduction was when she just casually dropped a grenade on where Swim Swim was starting to appear. All her other fights and even earlier in that fight were high energy throwing weapons and attacking, and now she's slowly trying to wait for an opening.

Then we finally got Snow White to snap, stopped crying over her dead friends, which is perfectly reasonable for anyone, and went to go take action. We see her trying to destroy Fav's terminal, the first non-stereotypical magical girl action she's taken this entire series, and then told Ripple to ignore Fav and destroy the terminal.

I really liked this show and if this was the least interesting arc according to people who've read the LNs, then I'd better get on reading those and hoping for S2.
Dec 17, 2016 2:17 PM

Apr 2013
Everyone who reads LN says all the other arcs are much better than this first. I think this survivor game is just like a prequel for another arcs. In next arc the true story begins.

Snow White and Ripple will become very badass, I think (I don't have started to read LN yet).
Dec 17, 2016 2:20 PM

Jun 2013
The final showdown was pretty cool. Ripple was the expected winner but I started to think that maybe they'll take out each other, especially after Ripple got her arm lopped off by Swimmer. Ripple didn't know that she was stabbing a loli. Damn.

Koyuki was pretty pissed at Fav for the right reasons. Fav did not expect this outcome but it worked out for him. Ripple and Swim weren't good enough candidates for his master's slot so he decided on Snow White. Angry Snow White was cool.

And Fav didn't expect Ripple to survive that fight with Swimmer. This is probably the end of Fav I think. Snow White has dedicated herself completely to becoming a good magical girl. She's going out of her district to take care of bigger things and is thus being warned by the World of Magic. They sure care about stupid things like this rather than the more important one, namely the magical girl selection exam. There should be only one kind of exam and things shouldn't be left at the discretion of the supervisor because crap like this can happen. I like how Snow White is training herself to become stronger. She changed after seeing two people who protected her die.

Quite the show this was. Liked all that brutality. The visuals suffered consistently when it came to fighting. I also felt that they didn't give the characters enough screen time before killing them off. That could have really bettered the impact their deaths had.

The show kinda showed how different kinds of people would act when put in a life or death situation, with a magical girl twist. Unlike Madoka Magica, which had five initially pure hearted girls becoming magical girls and then thrown into despair, Mahoiku had a variety of girls (and guy) become magical girls and then threw them into such a situation. Mahoiku had the advantage of a wider variety of girls to work with, though it didn't exactly use this to its fullest. Mahoiku isn't really that thematic like Madoka so there's the big difference between what they want to achieve. With Fav calling all this a game from time to time and this starting off as a mobile game, this is kinda like a trapped in a game world anime, in a weird way.

Anyway, Mahoiku could have done better with more episodes and better visuals I think, but given whatever it had, I think it did a pretty good job. I was at the edge of my seat each week and couldn't wait for the next episode. They sure gave me quite the thrill.
Dec 17, 2016 2:21 PM

Mar 2014
hem that was ok the ending, I expected more great things but at least it ended. It's sad that there is not indications of a next anime season.

but well, overall the anime was good it would be better tho
Dec 17, 2016 2:24 PM

Mar 2011
I felt the ending kind of... empty, but I think it's probably because it's not that conclusive, I really hope they adapt the other novels, overall I liked this anime, sadly almosr all my favorite girls died, literally continued and watched this just to see Swim Swim die and if Ripple would survive.
Fuck Swim Swim forever, now finally she's dead.
Also Ripple best girl, she kinda became kinder, maybe trying to be like Top Speed?
If there will be a second season, I will watch it.
Loved the OST and designs.

8/10
Dec 17, 2016 2:29 PM

Oct 2014
Luigi wins by doing absolutely nothing, the Anime.
Still, i quite enjoyed it, and am actually hoping to see more of it, and the world of magic and stuff
7/10
Dec 17, 2016 2:31 PM

Feb 2015
After the las chaotic weeks this two girls finally find peace. The fight Ripple vs. Swim Swim was good but I expected much more about the magical world and a better justification to all the carnage. They ended up being magical girls with a terrible past but is good to see how Ripple teach Snow White how to fight.

Very good show, very entertaining despite the only tense scenes we have are caused by the death battles and not a plot itself. 8/10
Dec 17, 2016 2:38 PM

May 2010
That was pretty solid. This show wasn't bad by any means. Tho ye I didn't like most of the cast, but I wasn't supposed to, so ye it's good. I loved Alice. Still gah about that.

7.44/10

I wanted to know more about Snow White and Ripple's future plans. Seems like they want to change rules. The teamwork was nice this episode, finally Snow White did something. I must say, I liked Fav's sarcasm when he was like "as expected of someone named Snow White, you didn't even have to dirty your hands to stay alive" The only time I liked him was this episode. Otherwise, I don't. Would watch sequel(s) if it ever get any because I'm still interested.
TragicRomanceDec 17, 2016 2:41 PM
Dec 17, 2016 2:42 PM

Oct 2014
@LN readers, where should i pick up the ln from? Is there any importand stuff the anime missed from the first Volume? or can i just start from Vol 1.5?
Dec 17, 2016 2:46 PM

Aug 2011
Shrimperor said:
@LN readers, where should i pick up the ln from? Is there any importand stuff the anime missed from the first Volume? or can i just start from Vol 1.5?

Read volume 1 prologue and then 1.5 or restart.
Dec 17, 2016 2:49 PM

Apr 2013
Szadek23 said:
NipahAllDay said:

I won't argue about detail here, and simply point out a huge difference that cannot be denied and change everything. Akame ga kill ended with two survivors of a battle royale. Mahoiku starts with two survivor of a battle royale. That's a tremendous difference here, but hey, let's continue ignoring that right :)))).
Dec 17, 2016 2:51 PM
Mar 2011
I call bullshit that Swim Swim didn't die from a flashbang at point blank range.
Her face would be burnt. Also she'd get permanently blinded and deaf, blood bursting out of her ears. Seriously, these things can maim you. Kill grown-up men, let alone a 7y/o girl.
If only the authors had any idea how a flashbang works.
It could be worse, it could be raining... oh wait.
Dec 17, 2016 2:53 PM

Apr 2013
No time resets? I'm so happy.
Dec 17, 2016 3:00 PM

Feb 2015
Ending was alright. I am happy with the 2 survived, but what happens next is very unclear. Wouldn't it make sense for Snow White to become a master and make sure that the next game doesn't kill people? Unless of course their refusal to co-operate means that this game wouldn't take place again, meaning no one would have to join a new magical girl death game. We don't know.
Dec 17, 2016 3:10 PM

Apr 2013
Luke72 said:
Ending was alright. I am happy with the 2 survived, but what happens next is very unclear. Wouldn't it make sense for Snow White to become a master and make sure that the next game doesn't kill people? Unless of course their refusal to co-operate means that this game wouldn't take place again, meaning no one would have to join a new magical girl death game. We don't know.

"becoming a master (more like, an Inspector)" isn't a thing to begin with. In order to gain the authority of searching new potential magical girls, educating them and selecting them, you need the appropriate licence of doing so from the land of magic, as well as a mascot because only mascots can create magical girls.
Having a mascot for a magical girl mean you're a very big deal, high social status among the appropriate administration branch of the land of magic. It's completely impossible to become an Inspector for a newbie magical girl anyway. Closest of doing so was Clamberry a long time ago, she was the only one who managed to achieve that way, and that way is no longer possible after Clamberry's acts have become public because it's not unavailable. So only the normal way remain, and you need to raise in rank normally for that. Could take 10 years or even more, especially for a survivor of one of Clamberry's tests, as they are now regarded as being mostly killers or potentially mentally unstable after what happened.

No such authority will be given to snow white, and no mascot will be assigned either, no matter if one of the FA-series AI or living mascots.

There's plenty of Inspectors across the world too, and Clamberry was only one of them. most of them are obviously doing their job properly without any bloodbath, too. but becoming one as well cannot stop another one to do the same. Obviously, after the reveal of what Clamberry did, the Land of magic is seriously looking at other inspector as well and doing a good "cleaning" of anyone involved in Clamberry's mess or anyone who could have done something similar. Quite a few peoples are losign their job, the political power balance changes a lot, and quite a few peoples are sent to the magical prison.
ZefyrisDec 17, 2016 3:14 PM
Dec 17, 2016 3:20 PM

Jan 2016
Well that was a visceral experience in the least. Loved the brutality in the violence along with the gore. Very entertaining watch, the beginning was slightly boring and slow but it picked up very fast after that and became quite the intense watch henceforth. The animation was great, score was decent, cinematography was simple but elegant. I feel like the only things that drag it down are in the writing department but that is solely due to the source material not the anime production.
A decent series that was relatively enjoyable and a violent visceral experience. Decent-Strong 6/10.
Dec 17, 2016 3:22 PM

Jun 2014
Zefyris said:
Szadek23 said:

I won't argue about detail here, and simply point out a huge difference that cannot be denied and change everything. Akame ga kill ended with two survivors of a battle royale. Mahoiku starts with two survivor of a battle royale. That's a tremendous difference here, but hey, let's continue ignoring that right :)))).

You are not makng any sense.
Why are you compraing the beginning of a show to end of another?
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2016

254 by minimiau »»
Apr 11, 2023 5:11 PM

» Restart is getting an anime!!

mahoushaojiu - Jan 29, 2023

12 by Timcampy »»
Jan 30, 2023 1:22 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2016

233 by KillMeDaddyUwU »»
Jan 8, 2023 9:19 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

204 by KillMeDaddyUwU »»
Jan 8, 2023 8:47 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2016

251 by KillMeDaddyUwU »»
Jan 8, 2023 8:09 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.