Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Magical Girl Raising Project (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Dec 18, 2016 9:27 AM

Dec 2016
Zefyris said:
Woodfall said:

I was hoping for that Cranberry vs Ripple/Snow White matchup. It sounds like the LN elaborates a lot more on things than the anime does? If so, I wouldn't mind giving it a read.

Clamberry would have won extremely easily that fight, and the result would have been Clamberry surviving, so no story to tell there. Like I said, there was no other choice nor possibility.

Well I would have been fine with that too. If Cranberry can make a goof against Swim Swim and Tama, then I'm sure it would have been possible against Ripple and Snow White. Especially seeing that Cranberry probably views Snow White the same as Tama, very inferior. All in all it was interesting, I just hate how Swim Swim got off easy against her lol
Dec 18, 2016 9:51 AM

Jul 2016
A transformation sequence? Nostalgic, but this late in the series? lol I never know what to expect in this damn show.

Zefyris said:
Her death could only be anticlimatic. If she didn't die this time, the story wouldn't be about this time, and if she died, that couldn't be after an epic fight, because she 100% win those against any of the first arc magical girls.

You know, I really liked that Tama was the one to kill Cranberry, but I still call BS on that fight with La Pucelle. He chopped right through her neck. She doesn't have magical invulnerablility like Swim and Alice, that should've been the end of her.
Dec 18, 2016 2:27 PM

Jul 2009
Huh, that was unexpected ... so Cranberry figures out Swim's weakness, light and sound and how convenient, she can manipulate sound :P Too bad she gets too focused on her and forgets about Tama, who digs a hole into her body ... LOL that was unexpected! Unfortunately she also happens to see Swim's real identity, so she has to kill her in response. She ends up being the new "Master" huh ... interesting! With her new powers she should easily be able to kill Ripple though. Nice to see Ruler taking the time to go through stuff with Tama too lol, I guess she has a nice side to her. Ripple remembering Top Speed ... aww man :( Seems like she's going after Swim so they'll cut the remaining 3 down to 2 ... well obviously one of them will die, then what happens to Snow White? Not to mention we get a transformation sequence?! That was unexpected XD Oh and also the bit at the beginning - so Fav just kind of "accidentally" let a demon go wild at a Magical Girl examination ...? LOL, interesting XD
Dec 19, 2016 4:42 AM

Apr 2013
qwertyMrJINX said:
A transformation sequence? Nostalgic, but this late in the series? lol I never know what to expect in this damn show.

Zefyris said:
Her death could only be anticlimatic. If she didn't die this time, the story wouldn't be about this time, and if she died, that couldn't be after an epic fight, because she 100% win those against any of the first arc magical girls.

You know, I really liked that Tama was the one to kill Cranberry, but I still call BS on that fight with La Pucelle. He chopped right through her neck. She doesn't have magical invulnerablility like Swim and Alice, that should've been the end of her.

Hmm that wasn't the neck at all, that was her torso/stomach. And La pucelle's sword wasn't able to deeply cut, unfortunately. saw how she was blocking La pucelle's sword with her bare arms earlier? yeah, she's quite tanky.
The amount of blood was very exaggerated too, I guess they wanted to make the viewer believe that La Pucelle actually won.

Woodfall said:
Zefyris said:

Clamberry would have won extremely easily that fight, and the result would have been Clamberry surviving, so no story to tell there. Like I said, there was no other choice nor possibility.

Well I would have been fine with that too. If Cranberry can make a goof against Swim Swim and Tama, then I'm sure it would have been possible against Ripple and Snow White. Especially seeing that Cranberry probably views Snow White the same as Tama, very inferior. All in all it was interesting, I just hate how Swim Swim got off easy against her lol

Not really possible. Clamberry NEEDS to die during this battle royale (she's actually the only one that 100% needs to die for the story to start) and SW's power doesn't have the ability to kill her at all contrary to Tama's ability.
Dec 19, 2016 4:49 AM

Apr 2013
EvianBubble said:
Huh, that was unexpected ... so Cranberry figures out Swim's weakness, light and sound and how convenient, she can manipulate sound :P Too bad she gets too focused on her and forgets about Tama, who digs a hole into her body ... LOL that was unexpected! Unfortunately she also happens to see Swim's real identity, so she has to kill her in response. She ends up being the new "Master" huh ... interesting! With her new powers she should easily be able to kill Ripple though. Nice to see Ruler taking the time to go through stuff with Tama too lol, I guess she has a nice side to her. Ripple remembering Top Speed ... aww man :( Seems like she's going after Swim so they'll cut the remaining 3 down to 2 ... well obviously one of them will die, then what happens to Snow White? Not to mention we get a transformation sequence?! That was unexpected XD Oh and also the bit at the beginning - so Fav just kind of "accidentally" let a demon go wild at a Magical Girl examination ...? LOL, interesting XD

she actually doesn't have to. It's only forbidden to have a normal person witness your transformations, not another magical girl or anyone already involved with the land of magic. SwimSwim here once again misinterpret and twist Ruler's word of advice (which was a good one : don't let anyone see you transform is indeed a good advice for many reasons) by resolving the problem by killing. SwimSwim has been doing that for a while now. if "there 's a problem, kill it".
"I can become a princess/ruler". But problem, I can't as long as Ruler is here -> solves the problem by killing her.
"I want to prove I surpassed ruler". But problem, Calamity Mary who was superior to Ruler doesn't come. Solution -> Kill Winterprison instead.
In a general way, SwimSwim's response to any problem and any teaching from Ruler or Nemurin is "kill/assassinate". I see a lot of peoples saying that poor swimswim isn't at fault and that she got twisted by Ruler. That's kind of wrong, as she's the one twisting Ruler's teachings. Ruler never taught her to kill someone in any of those situations.

The "if you can' t win fairly, don't play fair" was never supposed to be translated as "assassinate".
Dec 19, 2016 4:45 PM

Dec 2016
Zefyris said:
qwertyMrJINX said:

Hmm that wasn't the neck at all, that was her torso/stomach. And La pucelle's sword wasn't able to deeply cut, unfortunately. saw how she was blocking La pucelle's sword with her bare arms earlier? yeah, she's quite tanky.
The amount of blood was very exaggerated too, I guess they wanted to make the viewer believe that La Pucelle actually won.

Woodfall said:

Not really possible. Clamberry NEEDS to die during this battle royale (she's actually the only one that 100% needs to die for the story to start) and SW's power doesn't have the ability to kill her at all contrary to Tama's ability.

I'm sure her lucky rabbit foot could have done something in that situation, had the writers so desired
Dec 19, 2016 6:06 PM
Nov 2016
I kept thinking Cranberry wasn't dead, because when she was hit by Tama she didn't revert back to a human form. Maybe she did and I missed it.
Dec 20, 2016 1:32 AM

Apr 2013
Woodfall said:
Zefyris said:

I'm sure her lucky rabbit foot could have done something in that situation, had the writers so desired

Relying on something that give random luck to solve everything is an awful deus ex machina. + the rabbit foot isn't anything that powerful, to.
Dec 20, 2016 9:59 AM

Dec 2016
Zefyris said:
Woodfall said:

Relying on something that give random luck to solve everything is an awful deus ex machina. + the rabbit foot isn't anything that powerful, to.

That is kinda what it's there for... to give luck to its owner when he/she is in a pinch.... So if Snow White was in a pinch, I don't think the writers would forget about their convenient plot device that they put into the LN or anime in the first place lol. And idk about you but i think a fight with Cranberry MIGHT possibly be considered a pinch for Snow White who doesn't have anything but said rabbit foot to protect her. I also don't really see where you get off saying it isn't that powerful... It may be bad writing to use something like that, but that's what it is in the show for.
Dec 20, 2016 11:37 AM

Apr 2013
Woodfall said:
Zefyris said:

That is kinda what it's there for... to give luck to its owner when he/she is in a pinch.... So if Snow White was in a pinch, I don't think the writers would forget about their convenient plot device that they put into the LN or anime in the first place lol. And idk about you but i think a fight with Cranberry MIGHT possibly be considered a pinch for Snow White who doesn't have anything but said rabbit foot to protect her. I also don't really see where you get off saying it isn't that powerful... It may be bad writing to use something like that, but that's what it is in the show for.

No. When you put that kind of thing, you need to avoid making that luck to impactful to save the day in the story or this is just a deus ex machina, and therefore not an interesting way to use it for the reader, like I said before.
Dec 20, 2016 12:31 PM

Dec 2016
Zefyris said:
Woodfall said:

No. When you put that kind of thing, you need to avoid making that luck to impactful to save the day in the story or this is just a deus ex machina, and therefore not an interesting way to use it for the reader, like I said before.

You are making things up now lol.

Idk what you are even trying to prove. That Tama was the only one who could defeat Cranberry?

All I wanted was Cranberry to destroy Swim Swim, whether you say it was possible or inpossible doesn't matter. I'll stop discussing this now since ep 12 is out and I don't want to spoil anything on here
Dec 20, 2016 5:39 PM

Jul 2014
damn that was early, more characters on the chopping block including Pon's Cranberry. Honestly since Swim's brainwashed from Ruler after revealing her age, can't really blame her. But still, on to see the last duel!
Dec 21, 2016 10:06 AM

Jul 2009
Cranberry was very smart, she found out Swim Swim's weakness. But who would say that Tama would kill her just by a small touch? We got her power wrong...
Swim Swim is the worst! She killed Tama!!!

Fav is so evil!
Dec 23, 2016 11:21 PM

Oct 2008
OMG! the slaughterfest continues!
Who would have thought that the most useless Tama would be the one to kill the Overpowered Cranberry! Tama's hole ground digging is one of the most leathal ones. Too bad!
But Damn! This is what I don't like! Tama getting her throat slit by Swim Swim! damn you bitch! I hope Ripple KILLS you in the most satisfying torturing way!!!
I really didn't want the poor Tama to die. She's such a cutesy shy low self-esteem dog.
Looks like Fav even has trouble dealing with new "Master" since Swim Swim wouldn't listen to Fav.
Damn you Snow White Koyuki! Why are stopping Ripple on killing Swim Swim!?!? That the most right thing to do because she's the most collateral damage that has done to all other magical girls! Let Ripple KILL SwimSwim in order to avenge Top Speed!
The preview was creepy, the chime sounds suddenly break!
5/5!

Dec 27, 2016 2:30 PM

Sep 2015
So this episode showing a background interaction of the "dumb mutt" with Ruler. Shows Ruler isn't all that bad of a person, she has a nice side too. Kind of nice to know.
Dec 30, 2016 9:14 AM

Jun 2015
please someone tear Swim Swim to pieces
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jan 3, 2017 9:52 PM
Mar 2012
Ruler was tyranical but backstory adds how caring she's to her subjects. Earlier as OL she had lots of passion to improve work, but blocked by her boss. She gets somewhat likeable even after death.
#Tamadidnothingwrong, expected but cruel to see it happen with 0 hesitation from Swim. Swim's messed up how she felt bad for Ruler & Tama death, but follows rules to a T (no Nemurin only suggested being princess, but all the rules she followed & quoted were thanks to Ruler. And she somehow equates princess to unique leader when they're quite different positions, and both are quite different from a mass killer).
Why bringing more feels reminding of Nemurin via Topspeed... nice moment Ripple bringing her home.
Swim needs to die but don't think Ripple avenging like that is a good idea. Agree with Snowwhite tho she's kinda useless so far. Surprising Cranberry's large shockwave didn't kill, then how can Ripple use "light & sound" stronger than that?
Jan 11, 2017 6:12 AM

Mar 2015
Nearly all the people that Swim Swim killed didn't deserve to die dammit
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 16, 2017 8:24 PM

Apr 2013
Man WHAT THE FUCK Swim Swim.

I'm looking forward to your death next episode you fucking hoe.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Jan 26, 2017 4:45 AM

Jan 2014
I was wondering, Fav said it's down to 4 magical girl, but as far as I know, it only has three. Ripple, Swim Swim, and Snow White. is Fav counted as one too?

--edited--

It down to 3 because of uneccessary kill (Tama).

1. Nemurin
2. Ruler
3. La Pucelle
4. Magicaroid 44
5. Yunaelle
6. Winterprison
7. Calamity Mary
8. Top Speed
9. Sister Nana
10. Alice
11. Minaelle
12. Cranberry
13. Tama
AbyhapeJan 26, 2017 4:51 AM
Mar 20, 2017 5:30 AM

Nov 2013
Cranberry shouldn't have hesitated. It sucks, that she was killed by the dumbest character.

Swim Swim sure is ruthless.

Ripple is ready for revenge and Fav reveals Swim's weakness, because she doesn't play by the rules.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
May 21, 2017 9:37 AM

Feb 2014
YES TAMA, YOU GOT CRANBERRY!!! Made a little scratch but that lead to a huge hole in her body like damn nice job Tama lol. I was super pleased when I thought Swim-Swim was defeated too (because she was untransformed), but then she turned out not to be dead and killed Tama because her identity was revealed??? WTF I was not expecting that o.o I was kinda indifferent towards Tama in the beginning, but after seeing her backstory I really felt for her :(

GO RIPPLE YOU CAN BEAT SWIM-SWIM!!! Although it looks like light and sound only untransform her, then you have to kill her. Will Ripple be able to kill a small child?

Wonder why we've only gotten transformation sequences for Snow White and Ripple. I think it would have been really cool to see all the other transformation sequences.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2017 6:09 PM

May 2012
Damn what impressive development, with some good portion of further drama, I now really do wonder what the last episode will have to offer!
Mar 5, 2018 11:23 AM

Feb 2015
Rip Tama, right when she finally did something brave, she died. Idk if Ripple can win against Swim Swim, especially if the fight takes place at a dam.
Oct 8, 2018 11:39 PM
Jul 2018
HOLY FUCK SWIM SWIM
What a way to take over my Most Hated Character spot.
Top class bitch.

I've been enjoying the last few episodes. Let's see how this ends. If I like it I might check out the LN.
Oct 9, 2018 3:22 PM
Dec 2016
Lord_Sithis said:
I've been enjoying the last few episodes. Let's see how this ends. If I like it I might check out the LN.
The LNs are pretty good. From what I've read (Yen Press releases) volumes 2-3 are fantastic, I'd at least recommend reading them.
Oct 9, 2018 3:25 PM
Jul 2018
lazyfan said:
Lord_Sithis said:
The LNs are pretty good. From what I've read (Yen Press releases) volumes 2-3 are fantastic, I'd at least recommend reading them.
Cool, might buy all the volumes then cuz why not?
Apr 23, 2019 5:00 AM

Feb 2015
Are you kidding me… whats with this anime…

Urgh… whatever… one more episode left, lets just get this torture out of the way.
Aug 21, 2019 1:59 AM

Jul 2016
Can we get an F in the chat for Tama and Cranberry?
Apr 21, 2021 7:50 AM

Oct 2007
Cranberry can only sit down after being blown apart by Tama. Finally, her madness has ended. Good riddance.

although the death of Tama is very sad.. Swim does not know that she does not have to kill Tama. :=_=;:

Ripple seems to be able to talk with Top Speed spirit, before she went to the afterlife.

this final showdown is really not necessary. Ripple is like a soldier still trying to make war when peace is already achieved.. and Swim is not really a threat to civilians.
Liddo-kunApr 21, 2021 7:56 AM
Apr 21, 2021 7:55 AM

Oct 2007
Hiii-chan said:
Really incredible for me, how you can kill your own teammate and in that same day do homework >_< Not to mention that she daily kills people as a child and goes to school the next day x_x

Best girl Swim is just being a responsible little girl. Killing people is not an excuse not to do homework! ;)
Jun 24, 2021 12:44 AM

Feb 2020
That transformation sequence was unexpected.

Swim Swim is a psycho.
Apr 4, 2022 4:08 PM

Jun 2020
PUPPY NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Jan 8, 2023 9:19 AM

Nov 2022
i feel so bad for the dog girl
she died for some stupid bullshit ruler said off screen, swim swim is such a bitch
at first i liked her, but now all her decisions seem to be made by some new ruler quote she decided to pull out of her ass
a
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

341 by Fn76 »»
Jan 28, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2016

254 by minimiau »»
Apr 11, 2023 5:11 PM

» Restart is getting an anime!!

mahoushaojiu - Jan 29, 2023

12 by Timcampy »»
Jan 30, 2023 1:22 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

204 by KillMeDaddyUwU »»
Jan 8, 2023 8:47 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2016

251 by KillMeDaddyUwU »»
Jan 8, 2023 8:09 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.