Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Oct 9, 2016 3:48 AM
Oct 2014
Here's my interpretation; they're weaving these 9 lives together, the first episode is an introduction to these 9 characters. Keeping that in mind It didn't feel fast paced at all :/ I personally can't read kanji, so the flashing text wasn't cumbersome. I just assumed that if something didn't make sense now, it will eventually. A good writer knows that spoon fed plots don't invoke as much thought as one that requires digging, so if they want people to talk about their show in between airings, convince others to watch it, or even just entertain thoughts to keep fans interested till the end, they leave things out. That way when things start to click, you will also find a deeper appreciation for what you've been absorbing.
Oct 9, 2016 3:49 AM

Dec 2015
Man fuck this, with such a huge cast introduced immediately theres no way it'll be any better later on...
Unless they focus on 1-2 group of characters per episode, i dont see how this will workout at all.
And i had such high hopes for this one too :(
Oct 9, 2016 4:01 AM

Oct 2016
I was lost throughout the whole episode. Jesus no!
Oct 9, 2016 4:07 AM
Apr 2015
terrible. definitely the worst ";" series.
the tranny guy is disgusting, huge boobs with girl attached to them are disgusting,
and it's way too fast, unnaturally fast dialogues, too SHAFTy. Finally they ruined the scene when MC finds the corpse with music that doesn't suit the situation.
I like Kaji Yuki's acting but MC is really a little annoying and wtf is that 'Poya gun'?
AominOct 9, 2016 10:52 AM
Life is salty (T - T )
Oct 9, 2016 4:12 AM

Mar 2014
Girl with huge boobs, fast speaking characters, kinda of annoying Main character...man screw this anime.
The only LEGIT thing that is keeping me around is the mystery/storyline.

I will continue to watch this, but THIS will not be one of the "better" animes of the season by the looks of it now,not even the storyline can save it from being one of the most disappointing animes of this season
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Oct 9, 2016 4:14 AM

Jul 2010
Really liked the first episode. Reminds me of fast pacing of Stein's Gate. Also reminds me a bit of Durarara. Watched the episode in 45 minutes. But this is how first episodes should be in my opinion. Or like how Re:Zero did, 45 minutes for real.

Ryotas is the cutest thing, next to Mayushi. Just, what is that breast size that would go on par with the most absurd series of hentai.

Expecting much from this series. The setting is well established and I think it has the potential to go on par with Stein's Gate.
Oct 9, 2016 4:24 AM

Jun 2010
I actually enjoyed it quite much (especially in comparison to other anime airing this season).

I look over the huge boob aspect - the characters look interesting enough. A damn lot has happaned in the first ep, could hardly keep up with everything that was thrown at me. That doesn't have to be a bad thing though! If they keep this up we might be in for a nice, fast paced, action packed piece altogether. I could definitely need something like that (again, looking at other contestants of the Fall season...x_x )

It makes me sincerely want to watch episode 2, and that's about the most important thing an episode 1 can do in my opinion ;P

PS: I didn't like the opening too much, but I LOVE the ending song!
Oct 9, 2016 4:25 AM

Mar 2016
So many characters where introduced so quickly that I couldn't even learn any of the characters names. I'm just hoping this is just a bad first episode, and everything else after this is going to be good.

Also those boobs are huge!
Sigh.
Oct 9, 2016 4:26 AM

Apr 2015
All In All The First Episode Was Good.The Animation Was Nice and That Ending Scene and That Music Was On Point.
Oct 9, 2016 4:28 AM

Apr 2014
Wasn't expecting this to be comedic in nature, so that kind of threw me for a bit of a loop. The main characters haven't shown themselves to be very intriguing just yet, but there's still time. I do like Aria a lot, though, and I found the scalp scene to be the most interesting part of the episode, more so than the ending.

Certainly has potential, though I feel that it's targeting a very niche audience.
There's a vicious squirrel! She's after me! She's killing my chair!
Oct 9, 2016 4:34 AM

Jul 2016
I don't know what to say. Really? 1 episode for a whole volume? This made my eyes bleed more than Monogatari Series. Well, they set up the tone of the series for now so the future episodes will go into deeper detail and will be centered on that dead professor. I think that A-1's director for this anime thought that it would end up being a boring first episode if they didn't do it fast-paced. If I were asked about what I'm feeling right now, I got the vibe of Monogatari Series and DRRR! combined in one anime, like I was thrown in the middle of a raging storm not knowing what to do but it keeps me excited for some reason. The adrenaline is real for this one.

As for overall animation, like what others said, it's too SHAFTy. The characters designs are fine except for the big bewbed Ryotas which really threw me off. What is her role? A comic relief in the midst of a mystery, sci-fi, supernatural anime?

Just to say this but I think that people who have watched Monogatari Series, DRRR! and the ; series already would stick to this one.
SkyWing0Oct 9, 2016 5:13 AM
"This (anime) industry is weird" - Chitose Karasuma, Gi(a)rlish Number

I hope someday someone in an anime would say, "The (anime) viewers are weird."
Oct 9, 2016 4:50 AM

Mar 2012
That wasn't that bad.
American peoples are so closed-minded. :/
Oct 9, 2016 5:02 AM

Feb 2014
So, this is what happens when you give Sonic the Hedgehog a chance to be a director for an anime show, since this shows pace for the first episode went as fast as him. O_O

The art and animation was good, although like others here, it did look more like Shaft rather than A-1.

I'm not sure what I think about the characters right now, but I'm surprised that Ryotas doesn't already suffer from any sort of back-ache with her tyre-sized chest.

Still, the overall premise is interesting and the OP/ED is good, so I'll be sticking around till the end. An average start, but as long as the show hits it's potential, then it should be good. =)
Oct 9, 2016 5:13 AM

Jan 2015
That was pure garbage.

HaarWyvern said:
That wasn't that bad.
Says the one who assumes everyone on the internet is america. You pitiful close minded creature.
Oct 9, 2016 5:15 AM

Mar 2015
Well that was fast.

I thought the episode was ok. Not a big fan of any characters yet, but we'll see if they can redeem themselves. It did however end on a interesting note, so I'll keep watching.
Oct 9, 2016 5:16 AM
Jul 2018
I like a series with a fast pace to not keep me bored, but this was a bit over the top. The style and direction is pretty interesting, got a shaft feeling from this. The thing to turn me away from this show is how trashy it treats it's female characters. I don't know if I should keep watching this although the plot and style intrigues me.
Oct 9, 2016 5:19 AM

Mar 2014
No idea what was going on, went crazy fast.. but will keep watching
Oct 9, 2016 5:25 AM

Mar 2016
wtf people
Am I the only one who understood what happened? seriously, it was clear what was happening.

AND PLEASE STOP MENTIONING THE GIRL WITH THE HUGE BOOBS, EVERYONE CAN SEE IT. the show is supposed to be paranormal, and that is really is.

it was a damn great first episode. Can' wait to see more
Oct 9, 2016 5:31 AM

Jul 2013
Ugh, do yourself a favor and don't watch it at it's normal speed. I didn't understand anything when I tried to watch it at 1.0 speed (especially since english isn't my first language). This series is way better to watch and listen to at 0.8 or 0.9.

My hype anime of this season got almost destroyed by it's own speed...
Meh, it's sad the director decided to make everything appear on LSD in this anime.
3/5 for the first episode.
Oct 9, 2016 5:49 AM

Mar 2012
MrKai23 said:
That was pure garbage.

HaarWyvern said:
That wasn't that bad.
Says the one who assumes everyone on the internet is america. You pitiful close minded creature.

Haha you're funny.
But.. you need to get a brain. ;)
Oct 9, 2016 6:06 AM

Dec 2010
So...I gave this a shot because the title pulled me in but what I got was a whole lot of "what the fuck am I even watching?"

I could even get over the Inflatable;Objects for boobs but the characters were just....annoying. Especially the main girl and the MC - too much yelling, screaming and dancing away the dialogue that barely made any sense. The pacing was confusing as hell, too because apparently, they tried to introduce everyone in under 30 minutes time, making me wonder just who was who and why and what. The only thing I liked was that creepy dark-haired girl and that hair scene. And that cliffhanger ending. The rest was just squealing gibberish by main characters. Oh, and the opening and ending was okay. Animation was so-so.

Overall, I'm going to give this thing a couple of more episodes but if it doesn't stop being like this, I'm out. Would be too bad, though, has potential.
Oct 9, 2016 6:19 AM
Apr 2012
More like Occultic;Rush what the hell were they thinking :/
Oct 9, 2016 6:20 AM

Sep 2015
I liked it.

Subtitles were pretty fast but after a while I entered the concentration mode and could read all of the subtitles.

I think it was good that they placed the whole volume into one episode because it could've been a bit boring because of all the character development. I haven't read the light novel but I think there wasn't anything interesting plot wise, and I like how they shrunk the character development size. I love how the characters interacted with eachother and were playing idiots while others stare at them, for example how Ryotas put his hands wide like a plane and ran everywhere just like the 9/11 pilot.

And everybody is thinking about the boobs. Yes, that is weird, I agree but the show isn't ecchi so yeah... I'm fine with boobs as long as they don't go naked.
-Darkbolt-Oct 9, 2016 6:24 AM
Oct 9, 2016 6:31 AM

Jan 2014
Ugh this was too much.. I'm stopping here, didn't even finish the episode. I think some of it was interesting but almost all the dialogs were simply too energetic for my taste. Too much information crammed into one episode.
Oct 9, 2016 6:35 AM

Feb 2012
More than this show itself, what really gets to me are all the "OMG, this semicolon anime is the black sheep of the franchise that tarnishes its legacy" spiel a lot of the haters are spouting. Have you people seen literally ANYTHING semicolon-related post-Steins;Gate the series (or pre-Steins;Gate for that matter)? It should be clear by now that S;G was a fluke accident, and even then the creators are doing a damned good job of tarnishing its legacy with those godawful sequels.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Oct 9, 2016 6:43 AM

Sep 2016
Not really impressed and the characters seem annoying so far. The jokes were not funny at all. I'll probably finish this even if it's bad but I hope the next episodes will be less confusing. The art style and the animation were nice and the OP and ED were also good. I hope they keep the C-Cup jokes at a minimum.

Disappointing first episode.
Oct 9, 2016 7:04 AM

Nov 2015
Weird first episode. But i like the art-style. Maybe it will get clearer with more episodes. :)
Oct 9, 2016 7:17 AM

Sep 2014
Fucking garbage episode. Jesus Christ.
Oct 9, 2016 7:20 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Well, the animation and art is nice and I like its wacky style. It's not really confusing, but many plot points are barely getting proper focus. I guess it's apperent that this episode tried to adapt one entire LN volume in one episode (of course A-1 would do something like that). Also, that big-breasted girls is irritating as hell and that's gotta be one of the worst character design I've ever seen. Things got interesting by the end so hopefully the series starts to gain its focus later on.

2/5
Oct 9, 2016 7:25 AM

Sep 2015
Ok firts of all the art and animation was good actually but , it was kinda bad cause like what did i just watch...? And whats up with girls boob so big... well i mean i dont realy have problem with that but is this a mystery , sci-fi , horror ( kinda ) type anime or another those stupid copycat harem animes?...
Well so far 5/10.
Oct 9, 2016 7:49 AM

Nov 2011
If you return from an exhausting day of work, I recommend you do not see it. Extremely weird (monogatari docet), in the narrative, it manages to be original directing. Good designs and animations, opening and ending as the original narrative.

Aquamirror said:
The fuck am I watching XD XD
seriously... o.O

Do not ask me, because I'm asking the same question. X°°D
Oct 9, 2016 8:04 AM

Oct 2007
It would have been good if it went at a normal pace. I have no idea what happened because it was so fast.

Also Ryo-tas' tits better be fake, otherwise the poor girl really needs breast reduction surgery.
Oct 9, 2016 8:22 AM

Nov 2012
Agreeing with most of the people here, the only thing that is impressive about this anime right now is the unreal rush this first episode suffered.
Fearless. Hunter.
☣ Neuronal Python / Saku
Oct 9, 2016 8:35 AM

Feb 2016
I understood like 5% of everything that happened.

People can't read the subs, watch the video, and analyze everything so blazingly fast yo. Tone down.

"This is such a farce. It's a waste of time." Oh you tell me.
RyuugamonoOct 9, 2016 8:41 AM
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY
Oct 9, 2016 8:42 AM

Jul 2014
It somehow made me think of Kiznaiver, but I can't say anything definite like I "like/do not like" it. I'm suspicious it'll turn out to be something not worthy of watching. I'll give it a chance but my expectations are pretty low.
Oct 9, 2016 8:53 AM

May 2015
Dialogue speed is not as fast as Tatami Galaxy or the Monogatari Series. However, you'll certainly get pissed off if you're not used to someone regurgitating a whole book right at your face. Maybe the speed has to do with how the MC is incredibly impatient and wants things right away with little effort. Who knows.
Oct 9, 2016 9:01 AM

Feb 2016
not so good has I thought it would be
Oct 9, 2016 9:08 AM
Jul 2016
I was disappointed with this first episode, I expected a lot from this anime
I'll give them that the animation and artstyle look really good though but...
Those fucking breasts, the 666 number being(apparently) taken seriously, so much stuff happening at once, the fucking otaku MC and the over-the-top unnecessary yelling made me cringe this entire episode

However, I'm going to give it a second chance next week, they can still fix it
Oct 9, 2016 9:21 AM

Jul 2014
This was alright (though it felt like spritzing half the time). I don't really have much to say since we only got little glimpses of many characters, but I'll be interested to see how things pan out.

(The thing I liked most was the mention of my college [that was so out of place] - I'm easy to please, it turns out)
slackvariableOct 9, 2016 9:25 AM
Oct 9, 2016 9:36 AM

Apr 2011
Really fast talking and pacing and basically no introduction to nothing...
Even Durarara was easier to grasp than this-_-"
Oh well let's wait for more eps^^
Oct 9, 2016 9:45 AM
Jan 2014
That was really, really bad, and it hurts because I had such high hopes for it. The PV made it seem like the frantic cuts were on purpose, like they were from the series as a whole.. Not all from the first episode! This ONE episode adapted the entire first novel, which was 400 pages. Hopefully they seriously slow down, or this is going to be a real train-wreck.
Oct 9, 2016 10:01 AM

Apr 2014
I'm not a huge fan of the ";" series, but I stick around anyways. The scalp in the mailbox was a nice touch, The lady didnt see that on the way in?? "Oh somthing sticks out here."
---------My Profile------------
Oct 9, 2016 10:03 AM

Jan 2016
They adapted a whole volume into one episode. Since there's only two volumes released... I hope the pace slows a lot more down now it's done introducing the characters durarara-on-crack style, instead of becoming an Anime Original.

People say the MC is obnoxious but the same complaints were made of Subaru from Re: Zero when it first started airing.

Interesting enough to keep watching. I'll keep the 3-5 episode rule in mind.
Oct 9, 2016 10:04 AM

May 2015
Real talk though, I hate cow-tits and crazy dialouge too, but let's talk about the main character. Why is he such a shit character? Is he the worst main character of the year? Did Subaru get dethroned?
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Oct 9, 2016 10:11 AM

Apr 2015
Wow that was hectic. There is the dazzling side of the trippiness this season and I guess this is the abrasive side. Feels not like the cousin of S;G and R;N but more like a bastard child of GCrowds

Yeah I still think this was too stylistic for its own good, it was near impossible to follow, doubt even the voice actors knew what they were spitting about at some points. But I still liked it. Needs to be a bit different from some point, but I've already seen things like this come good. I sensed everything slowly falling into place during the episode

Maybe will become the Centipede Hz of anime.

Ayaneru's character was cute if a bit random.
LanzOct 9, 2016 10:19 AM
Oct 9, 2016 10:11 AM
Aug 2015
Ugh, it's the worst first episode of Fall 2016 anime in my watching list lol.. Seriously, i almost didn't understand what's going on in this episode :| But yeah, it kinda feels like Durarara.. so, i hope the next episode will be better..
Oct 9, 2016 11:17 AM

Jan 2015
@ButadonMeitante Wut. One freaking volume? How could they...
It didn't even feel that fast paced to me. What will they do with the next 11 episodes with just another volume?
Oct 9, 2016 11:20 AM

Sep 2012
Way too fast paced, so much exposition crammed into one episode that I won't remember shit, the girl with the over-sized tits has such an awful design, the main characters are cringeworthy...

Well, at least I liked the OP and ED.

This might be another Robotics;Notes in the making. Which would mean it'd get worse and worse as it goes on and the final episodes would be so bad they'd be good.
Oct 9, 2016 11:41 AM

Nov 2007
Vische_HG said:
360AttAck said:
What? If she's not from anime and she's real you'd fuck her?

^Whut?

@Black_wind Agree, women's shoulder would surely suffer with boobs that big.

I am glad at least someone understood what i tried to say *sigh*

@360AttAck I am saying she is lucky she is not a real woman because ya all men may not know this, but shoulders,neck and back etc. suffer when your boobs are big.
Oct 9, 2016 11:49 AM

Dec 2013
So let's see... professor with the long hair who enjoys publicly denouncing the occult goes missing from his home, ends up dead in his office with his scalp cut out. Our esteemed MC discovers said professors body when deciding to conduct an interview, and the scalp was mailed to the cursing girl who actually interacts with a real life demon.

Apart from all that, the lucky MC managed to snag two assistants "just cause"...

So...... what is this show suppose to be about again?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2016

218 by HibiChika »»
Aug 4, 7:21 AM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2016

172 by Selltar »»
Jun 10, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2016

95 by Archean-Return »»
May 20, 2:36 PM

» For the people who seen it

mathbg - Sep 8, 2023

3 by mathbg »»
Sep 9, 2023 8:11 AM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2016

97 by Abyhape »»
Jan 24, 2023 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.