Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 1, 2016 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was ...well interesting imo.

We got introduction of the main characters but in more of a school life setting. Feels like the budget of the show is pretty similar to the other Working! series. I kinda like Sayuri so far, just saying what she has on her mind.

Kisaki gives me slightly mature vibes with her smoking habit.
Hana seems like the type that can make friends easily. Funny start, 4/5.
Oct 1, 2016 7:58 AM

Nov 2007
Wow, that passing by of FukuJun's character in the beginning!!

Wow, restaurant owner... lol @ Hikasa-san's character. On top of that, his family is too free. The workers in the kitchen are normal.

There's also a rich girl who does part-time? lol @ that chocolate part (did she make it for experience every year?)

OP (ED this ep.) is addicting like main Working series.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 1, 2016 9:50 AM

Jan 2014
Tbh not a big fan of this new Inami-ish girl...Inami was NOT doing the beating on purpose and had a shy/kind personality...This girl here seems like beating people for fun so its even worse than any normal tsundere...

That weird girl serving to a ghost and Rich girl wwere the best things in the first episode...
Oct 1, 2016 9:58 AM

Dec 2013
Not the best start, but it was kinda decent. TBH, old characters made better impression on me than these new ones, but I don't want to judge a book by its cover. I don't rly like the opening song tho.
Oct 1, 2016 9:59 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Yay!!!More Working!!!

So far this new chick who is an Inami copy seems a bit interesting. She seems more like the abusive type of character who so far punches the manager if he does something wrong.

Kisaki who appears to be the female version of Jun in terms of smoking, was pretty funny with that random question which the other girl couldn't answer. And then in the other scene where the girl brings money and Kisaki says something and the other girl takes out more money. Pretty funny scene involving both of them.

Daisuke is pretty normal character. Felt bad for him when his parents couldn't pay for the meal. It's safe to assume Daisuke had to pay for that with his first check lol

Overall the show has so many characters, gonna take a while to remember all of them. There's Sayuri, and the rich girl, and more. Saturday mornings are gonna be fun to watch.

Oct 1, 2016 10:03 AM

Aug 2012
Definitely not near the level of first impressions the original had. I don't think I laughed once, but we'll see how it goes.
Oct 1, 2016 10:28 AM

Dec 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
Definitely not near the level of first impressions the original had. I don't think I laughed once, but we'll see how it goes.

But this is the original Working. ^^
Oct 1, 2016 10:36 AM

Aug 2015
That Takanashi crossing paths with Higashida... Passing the Torch, perhaps? Let's see how this goes.
Oct 1, 2016 10:39 AM

Mar 2011
Kamiyan3991 said:
AlexTheRiot said:

I love how people didn't found yet that www.Working is from 2002 and Working from 2004.

Oct 1, 2016 10:40 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Lots of characters to get to know but oh well. At least there doesn't seem to an annoying girl randomly punching every guy she sees this time (though Hana seems to be doing it somewhat towards the manager as well but with more acceptable means)

Also Shiho best girl:

Though Sayuri seemed pretty good too

As a side note, this anime has the most impractical title ever. Literally typing it makes it into a non-existing hotlink thanks to the damn www lol
Oct 1, 2016 10:41 AM

Sep 2015
I hope that this MC has a quirky personality other than being a tsukkomi. And please let there be a Yamada in this series.
Oct 1, 2016 10:52 AM

Jan 2016
This is just what i needed, a Kawaii, Stupid,sweet anime xD(think i will watch the other Working series)

First episode, and i really like it!Got the introduction of the main characters, all great, and hilarious and random personalities. ooh man, this is going to be a hilarious stupidity xD
Kinda feel Higashida, with his family.. (i feel ya lol) like Sayuri, just by wanting to know what she has on her mind. and hana is looks to have a funny and interesting personality... but her chocolate tho... looking forward with his xD

And one thing i do also love about the show is the ED, wow that just blow me off, way catchy!
Dead_By_HeartOct 1, 2016 10:56 AM
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Oct 1, 2016 10:58 AM

Aug 2012
Plaxsin said:
Kamiyan3991 said:

I love how people didn't found yet that www.Working is from 2002 and Working from 2004.
Nice, hadn't actually looked into that, but it makes sense. Well, originally aired then.
Oct 1, 2016 11:17 AM

Dec 2014
>anime about a restaurant environment
>there's no dojikko character to be found
Feels bad, man. ;-;
Nonetheless, it was a good first episode.
Oct 1, 2016 11:18 AM

Jun 2010
I love it already. Takatsu-sensei can do no wrong and the adaptations of her works are fortunately all wonderful.

I was worried it would be hard for me to get into a series with the same exact setting, yet featuring a completely different cast than the bunch I'm used to - but my worries were annihilated with just the beginning of this episode.

We have a ruthless waitress with the classic Death Cooking ability (might be an overdone comedy trope, but it works!), a pathetic bishounen being tossed around by a smiling, sadistic money machine, a girl with supernatural abilities who doesn't believe in supernatural, a lazy wise-ass, a clueless and fragile manager and an Only Sane Man (in the family) protagonist who doesn't really want to work. When it comes to creating a lovable group of weirdos with bizarre relationships between them, Takatsu-sensei always delivers.

I admit that the manager and Smoke Girl didn't get quite enough screentime to really establish themselves enough, but it's already impressive that the rest of the characters' personalities were so easy to grasp - and even come to really enjoy - with just one episode. I have no doubt the rest of the series will be hilarious and I'd be willing to give it a 10/10 right away if not for the fact I never give 10s until the show's done. But it shall be a 10/10 and the Anime... or at the very least the Comedy Of The Season, mark my words.

The only part that didn't really grab me (yet?) is the Opening theme (because I assume this ep's ending is gonna be the opening). It's not bad at all, but man, all three seasons of Working! as well as Servant x Service had such catchy Can't-Not-Sing-Alongs, that this one just feels a little weak in comparison. But it's possible I'll come to like it in time, we'll see.

And that first scene with the protagonist switch, my goodness. I actually felt the Feels. In a good way. Passing the torch style. Go, my Passerby. Go and be weird.
Oct 1, 2016 11:22 AM

Dec 2014
Takanashi cameo in the beginning. :o

I like Daisuke, Seems like a chill guy. His motivations for getting a job were quite something though. His family is so laid back xD

More or less only introductions to all the other characters and a few scenes involving them all. It was a fun episode overall, Will look forward to more.
Oct 1, 2016 11:23 AM
Jan 2016
Kinda feels week compared to Other Working Series but very enjoyable. Pretty likeable characters.
Made me want to rewatch previous Working.
SkyycryOct 1, 2016 11:27 AM
Oct 1, 2016 11:26 AM
May 2015
This new series already feels better than the 1st Season of Working! xD. The 1st Season of Working! was so boring but for this episode, I enjoyed it just as much as the 2nd Season of Working! That girl who can see ghosts (?) and that Inami look-alike are already proving to be best girls for me. Yamada is still best girl of the franchise for me though.

4/5 Please I want to see the next Yamada XP

LovelyHikari said:
Yay!!!More Working!!!

So far this new chick who is an Inami copy seems a bit interesting. She seems more like the abusive type of character who so far punches the manager if he does something wrong.

Kisaki who appears to be the female version of Jun in terms of smoking, was pretty funny with that random question which the other girl couldn't answer. And then in the other scene where the girl brings money and Kisaki says something and the other girl takes out more money. Pretty funny scene involving both of them.

Daisuke is pretty normal character. Felt bad for him when his parents couldn't pay for the meal. It's safe to assume Daisuke had to pay for that with his first check lol

Overall the show has so many characters, gonna take a while to remember all of them. There's Sayuri, and the rich girl, and more. Saturday mornings are gonna be fun to watch.
Some characters here feels like a copy of the characters in the Working! series because www.Working!! is like the first draft of the franchise. www.Working was created way before Working was created.
jc9622Oct 1, 2016 11:32 AM

Oct 1, 2016 11:30 AM

Aug 2014
It was okay. The characters weren't bad, a few chuckles here and there. Not a big fan of the protagonists though.
Oct 1, 2016 11:32 AM

Nov 2012
I actually love it. Wonder if there will be more cameos of the other series. I am specially interested to see if they show more back story about Sakaki. I am specially curious about his character since I read the 4 chapter of Working!! Re:Order.
Oct 1, 2016 11:43 AM
Aug 2009
Talking of Takanashi cameo, he joined Wagnaria during winter as well. I wonder if it's implied that timeline wise this new series starts around the same time as original Working.
Oct 1, 2016 11:44 AM

Oct 2009
Awesome, I'm dying XD
Oct 1, 2016 11:46 AM

May 2014
Funny but not as much as the other seasons
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Oct 1, 2016 12:01 PM

May 2016
Way the Working Series is back! I loved the original trilogy (that aparently is the actual sequel to the series) so much, I can't wait to see what I will get from this...
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Oct 1, 2016 12:02 PM

Dec 2014
Personally liked the originals more, though this still wasn't a bad first episode. Some big hitting jokes every now and then.

Not really a fan of the duller color palette, but whatever.
Oct 1, 2016 12:04 PM
May 2015
I haven't watched the other working series but I am liking this one so far, they are all interesting.
Oct 1, 2016 12:07 PM

May 2015
Pretty good 1st episode and adaptation.

I have always liked Working!! comedy, and that’s what I got. The new set of characters are great, imo. People are just too fixated with the old ones (yes, they were fun (3 seasons of fun), but it’s time for new ones).

I really like the anime original additions like the very beginning (I thought that cameo appearance was a pretty clever move) and how the handled most of the scenes from the manga (the Saint Valentine part is a good example of that, which I thought it was done better here with the whole hallucination effect).

Anyway, I’m really looking forward more.

P.S. And yes, www.Working!! lay the groundwork for the other Working!! So you could say that these are the original characters from the franchise; the others ones came afterwards.

Deathless said:
Talking of Takanashi cameo, he joined Wagnaria during winter as well. I wonder if it's implied that timeline wise this new series starts around the same time as original Working.

Yes, that’s correct.... That was the same day Takanashi was asked by Popura to join Wagnaria (the other Wagnaria).

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Oct 1, 2016 12:08 PM
Apr 2014
I enjoyed this. I feel like this will be one of the shows I watch this season just to relax. Never watched Working!! Yet I may start it sometime this weekend. Really enjoyable. :)
Oct 1, 2016 12:21 PM

Jun 2015
decent for a first episode. I liked it. The sequence where he fainted from the chocolate got me cracking up.

Oct 1, 2016 12:45 PM

Jul 2015
I'LL JUST SAY THIS!
YESSSSSSSSSS
Oct 1, 2016 12:50 PM

Sep 2015
Interesting episode :

Still have the feels from original Working from this series.

At the beginning, we see Souta as the mc passes by him, which is pretty cool that it's on the same day as Souta starts working too in the original Working.
At 4:23, was that Popura from original Working series?
Oct 1, 2016 12:52 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Tbh honest I wasn't all that impressed but I enjoyed how it started nonetheless. I hope this show can really live up to the charm that the original series had.

A good start and I like all the quirky characters so far. Can't wait for next week!
Oct 1, 2016 12:58 PM

Apr 2013
I was worried since I would've preferred more of the original, but this was actually pretty nice. I think it'll be a decent spinoff.
Oct 1, 2016 1:02 PM

Jul 2014
Cool start, guess Im in the minority because I like this cast a lot more than the other Working, dont know why, Im mostly not attracted to girl characters that beats the male characters for no reason basically I dont like tsunderes but there's something about this Inami+Popura=Miyakoshi character that sits right with me, maybe its because of her Seiyuu.
Best character so far is rich girl, close 2nd would be ghost girl.
Male MC isnt half bad as well, definitely a lot better than Takanashi.
I want a Yamada tho!!!
Oct 1, 2016 1:07 PM
Jul 2018
Dam looking cool for now :) 8.8/10 episode.
Someone please tell me, does Miyashodi love/like Higashida?
Oct 1, 2016 1:09 PM

May 2015
I wasn't expecting much from this series but I have to admit I laughed a few times. I still prefer the 2004/2010 version...

Is Shiho the original Yamada? And the MC a male version of Matsumoto?
Oct 1, 2016 1:11 PM

Apr 2013
JumBoRGiNo said:
Dam looking cool for now :) 8.8/10 episode.
Someone please tell me, does Miyashodi love/like Higashida?

She will in a matter of episodes, if not one.
Oct 1, 2016 1:13 PM

Apr 2013
Lu-Ru said:

Is Shiho the original Yamada?

She reminds me of Souma, if anyone. Just transitioned from blackmail to bribery.
Oct 1, 2016 1:21 PM

May 2015
SJ7izm said:
Lu-Ru said:

Is Shiho the original Yamada?

She reminds me of Souma, if anyone. Just transitioned from blackmail to bribery.

Oh! You are right! And Kisaki is similar to Kyouko! (the manager in Working!!)
Oct 1, 2016 1:21 PM

Apr 2010
Oct 1, 2016 1:30 PM

Sep 2015
Has always like the working series. This web series pretty good to watch also. Can't wait to see the relationship within group, especially the romance part.

Be warn to those who watch the subs, there are some instances of japanese sentense cannot be translated correctly, mostly are japanese jokes(which is hard to translate sometimes). The subs also average only.
Oct 1, 2016 2:05 PM

Mar 2011
Skyycry said:
Kinda feels week compared to Other Working Series but very enjoyable. Pretty likeable characters.
Made me want to rewatch previous Working.

I was actually searching for any hints of Katanashi and his gang
Oct 1, 2016 2:14 PM

Dec 2012
YAY!! More Working. An enjoyable first episode. Pretty good OP song. Quite catchy.
Loved the Katanashi cameo at the start. Really miss the characters from the original series.
Hope we get more cameos later on.

Higashida is pretty normal so far. LOL his family is so relaxed. Too bad he needs a job.
Nice introduction to all characters so far. All a bit odd.
Really like Miyakoshi so far. So full of energy & cute. Those chocolates though.
LOVE & PEACE!!

Looking forward to more.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Oct 1, 2016 2:44 PM

Jun 2009
I love how this guy and Takanashi started working at the same day. ~ I definitely enjoyed the ep., it sure did not disappoint. Looking forward to more. Love & Peace.~
Oct 1, 2016 2:48 PM

Aug 2010
I'm actually impressed. The cast ain't half bad :D
Shiho best girl but all the girls are lovable. Just no Yamada :(
The orginial series Guys are way better tho. Jun T^T
Oct 1, 2016 2:56 PM

Mar 2012
+1 on Shiho best girl and I liked the ep. Not really funny tbh but nice to watch.
and now i may finish the other working series, just watched the first season
Oct 1, 2016 3:47 PM

Sep 2015
It's weird to not have Katanashi & co, but I prefer it like this
The characters seems interestings so I guess it will be good
Oct 1, 2016 3:48 PM

May 2015
That was a funny and enjoyable first episode. I think I'll enjoy this one XD.

LOVE AND PEACE.

Oct 1, 2016 3:59 PM
Feb 2016
LovelyHikari said:
Yay!!!More Working!!!

When will people stop being retarded already? This came out first, years before the manga version of Working!! MAL has this thing where it tells you when a series started and general info, do you people even use this site for what it's meant for or what?

In any case Inami would be the copy, that is if they had something similar at all, which they don't.

This is the first episode so dealing with 20 posts of "the """"""original"""""" series this and that" is to be expected but I hope I won't have to see it for the entirety of the season but knowing this place and the people here I probably will.
E96825Oct 1, 2016 4:06 PM
Oct 1, 2016 4:10 PM

Nov 2011
Pretty funny episode. It has Potential to be on par with Working! but I don't know if it will surpass it.

Had no clue this happened before the Working that has been made into an anime so it'll be interesting if we get some cross overs.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » WWW.Working!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2016

104 by satchoff »»
Sep 18, 2023 3:33 AM

Poll: » WWW.Working!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2016

59 by satchoff »»
Sep 17, 2023 4:05 PM

Poll: » WWW.Working!! Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2016

46 by satchoff »»
Sep 17, 2023 3:08 PM

Poll: » WWW.Working!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

62 by sharosharo »»
Jan 14, 2023 5:53 AM

Poll: » WWW.Working!! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2016

48 by sharosharo »»
Jan 14, 2023 5:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.