Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Taboo Tattoo
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 19, 2016 4:19 PM

Mar 2015
Zantius said:
That was...wow I'm so glad this show is over. This was the Summer 2016 version of Big Order except even more messy. I pray it doesn't get a second season because it felt like a joke.

2/5 for the finale
3/10 for the entire series.

big order looks like a masterpiece compared to that one
Sep 19, 2016 4:19 PM

Jul 2016
Farscape1 said:
Please tell me the post credits scene was just a teaser to get people interested in the source material... this show was way too rushed to have a split cour and way too shit to get a sequel right?

It's more likely that it was a PV for S2, well, not yet confirmed though.
"This (anime) industry is weird" - Chitose Karasuma, Gi(a)rlish Number

I hope someday someone in an anime would say, "The (anime) viewers are weird."
Sep 19, 2016 4:29 PM

Aug 2013
Modo942000 said:
Zantius said:
That was...wow I'm so glad this show is over. This was the Summer 2016 version of Big Order except even more messy. I pray it doesn't get a second season because it felt like a joke.

2/5 for the finale

big order looks like a masterpiece compared to that one

Lmao damn. Just damn XD
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 19, 2016 4:34 PM

Aug 2011
Please no.. I don't want this piece of crap getting season 2.
Sep 19, 2016 4:35 PM

Oct 2008
I thought one season was enough suffering for everyone, and they'll do a 2nd one? The way they handle things, it will need like 25458269853215 seasons (all rushed) to wrap things up.

Bad ending for a bad anime, and here I had my hopes up, as I like the manga.
Sep 19, 2016 4:37 PM

Oct 2014
The bullshit tram has reached its final stop without being nearly as entertaining as Big Order's bullshit express. I can't say this started good and ended bad, it was more like it started troubled but could grow from there and instead ended up down the mine without Gordon being around to bail it out, with the quality of the series being able to be graphed using the formula y = a/x.

Sorry I've been doing homework while listening to Thomas the Tank Engine music and those are the only two things that are coursing through my brain right now
RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
Sep 19, 2016 5:09 PM

Jan 2014
5/10 show, had promise at the start but was just a complete train wreck

The way that episode ended is trying to tell us this is going to get a second season?

Sep 19, 2016 5:12 PM

Jan 2016
I am on the 'Tamaki Survived' boat as well!

This anime was dope as **** to watch, appreciate the epilogue <3
(they left out quite a bit of super sad things... but honestly this anime did make me laugh and cry but i just cant go up from my 6/10 hahahaha)

Sep 19, 2016 5:15 PM

Jan 2011
This was a pretty cool show. It started off with direction, decent pacing, and some pretty cool action scenes...and then about a quarter to halfway through the staff pretty much had an oh shit moment and just zipped through as much shit as they could.

End result was a decent watch but nothing special bc it just turned into a typical pit fall of "shit is happening"

Big order syndrome here is not an unfair assessment. This was significantly more enjoyable to watch however.
Sep 19, 2016 5:39 PM

Oct 2013
Best way to describe this show is wasted potential. Started off solid, then it went off the rails at a speeding train's pace, with some pretty awful transitions. That being, said, it had it's good moments so I can't say I wasn't entertained.

Forget 2-cours, I could've seen this spread out even throughout 2 cours then another one, especially with the time skip & all.

6/10
Sep 19, 2016 5:49 PM

Aug 2015
4/10.

Only for BB and Izzy. The rest was shit.
Sep 19, 2016 5:50 PM

Feb 2013
Take your season 2 teaser and shove it J.C Staff!

I don't remember the last time I've seen a final battle this boring. Anyone who thinks this was a good way to end series ought to be tied down with their eyes taped open whilst being forced to watch Gurren Lagann vs the Anti-Spiral a thousand times over. Now that's how you do an epic clash of contradictory ideals between two hulking monstrosities,
Sep 19, 2016 6:14 PM

Sep 2012
The ending was worthless until Arya's tantrum, that saved it... or maybe not.
Sep 19, 2016 6:33 PM

Jun 2015
Tamaki actually broke all those flags?!
dude's a legend!!!
Sep 19, 2016 6:43 PM

Dec 2014
One of the biggest trainwrecks I've ever watched. The story makes no fucking sense, the characters are all forgettable and/or irritating, and it had no idea if it wanted to be taken seriously or not. The only reason it's not getting a 1 is because it started out mediocre and not totally shit like Big Order. But I actually knew this was going to be a trainwreck from the day I saw it on anichart, so in that regard it met my expectations. Doesn't make it any better though.

2/10
Sep 19, 2016 6:50 PM

Jun 2015
What a terrible series. I wanted to drop it so bad, but I held on. I'm glad it's over. 3/10
Sep 19, 2016 7:21 PM
Sep 2015
Well that was shit. How did I watch all of this again?

2/10... And please don't make a season 2.
Sep 19, 2016 7:45 PM

Apr 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
During episode:
................................................................................................

When credits rolled:
-Well, As expected Seigi beat Arya cause of some Deus ex Machina which I wasn't bothered to listen to.
-Tamaki and Tom lived, Well there was something good.
-USA USA? XD

When epilogue started:
-Wonder what this is
-NO NO NO NO, NO 2nd season please NO, Just NO!

Overall, Taboo Tattoo started decently, The fights were what attracted me in the beginning and as it turns out that's all the series ever had going for it. Show became progressively worse each episode eventually dissolving into a complete train-wreck with a nonsensical plot and Random fast paced transitions, Didn't care for most of the characters save for Arya, Cal, Tom and Tamaki. Till the end I had no clue how the whole Tattoo thing worked, Maybe I should have payed more attention but I wasn't really willing to do that. Zero emotional investment on my part, Most of my enjoyment of the show came at me laughing at it save for some of the fight scenes and the fan service, especially the service with Arya.

5/10, Please do not announce a 2nd season.

Same thoughts as yours.

I thought this would be my favorite anime this season after watching the 1st 2 episodes but then it gradually drops down to my list until it became my least favorite this season.

4/10 for me.
The only good thing about this anime is the good animation perhaps.
Sep 19, 2016 10:12 PM

Jun 2013
Unintelligible.

@footmaster: It had good animation to start with, and I appreciate that the giant monsters this episode were actually drawn (at least partly I think, maybe?), but it's mostly average or less. They cut a lot of frames in the action sequences, making it look super choppy.
-Trippwire-Sep 19, 2016 10:26 PM
Sep 19, 2016 11:21 PM
Feb 2015
Tamaki/10. Nuff said
Sep 20, 2016 12:22 AM

Mar 2013
Lol what an ending. Though I'm fine with cliched stuff like this. Will prefer it over sad and melancholic ending any day.

Holy shit! Tamaki actually got past of those death flags! Fucking 10/10

So... I know Izzy loves BB. But can I hope to root for Seigi x Izzy? :D

The show started interesting and strong up until starting episodes. After that, it became so bad with the terrible pacing, awful timed comedy and ridiculous plot. It could've done much better actually.

Despite all that, I enjoyed watching it. Why? All because of hawt grills and fan service of course :^)
Tho I wasn't that much comfortable with gore aspect in it.

And did they really teased the sequel? lol I wouldn't mind watching it.
It was decent watch overall. 6/10
Sep 20, 2016 12:35 AM

Aug 2013
Everybody is all hung up on that "USA USA USA USA" moment

And I'm sitting here thinking what the fuck even was that ending? Holy shit. I've seen some bad endings, but I don't think I've ever had one so bad it left me laughing uncontrollably.

Like, they teased all these big fights and then some final showdown in the arctic, without even showing anything and without any season 2 announcement.

Just like: "hey guys, Seigi wears a sweater and fights some Arya sisters, then they have a final showdown in some snow crater. Just thought you should know".
Sep 20, 2016 1:47 AM

Aug 2013
this shit will get a 2nd season?

fck ur shit tastes once again Japan
Sep 20, 2016 1:53 AM

Jun 2013
God that cgi was gross

Did they really tease a second season lmfao
Sep 20, 2016 1:59 AM

Aug 2012
I'm surprised Tamaki survived after all the death flags.

The US Soldiers chanting "USA USA USA!" after having been so useless. Practically the entire series(with the exception of bb) was hilarious.

The only good thing in this show was the opening, ending and BB. Everything else was bad. With an ending like that I hope it's just advertising the manga and not hinting at another season.
Sep 20, 2016 2:03 AM

Sep 2013
So I can finally cross this steaming pile of ass off my list. I have no idea what happened this last episode (or for the last 5 or 6 for that matter). Ugh....what garbage!

1/10

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Sep 20, 2016 2:18 AM
Aug 2015
The biggest disappointment of the season.

Yes, finally i can finish this show.. It had a potential, the first episode was good.. but it went downhill every episode.. Though i like the artstyle and the jokes were okay (especially when Tom making jokes.. not the fanservice jokes because it looks awful and out of place lol) but they can't help to make the anime better.

4/10 *the lowest score in my list so far :/
renzosparkSep 20, 2016 2:24 AM
Sep 20, 2016 3:17 AM
Oct 2010
Lmao this was easily a 10/10 episode. So bad that it's so good, the blatant mocking of america, the power of friendship trope, tamaki talking about protagonists and them just generally breaking the 4th wall all the time had me laughing so hard (like when the glasses guy was like "Tamaki? You're alive? No way!" because he said EXACTLY what I was thinking lol.. not only that but tamaki coming up from under the rubble like he did was just too much..

When those dudes busted out in a USA chant I literally ROFL'd.
Sep 20, 2016 5:21 AM
Oct 2014
Hahaha, felt like the animators were kamikazing at us with all they got, like "Like the anime now or it dies"
Sep 20, 2016 5:58 AM

Aug 2013
the fuck I just watched

but Arya is hot
Sep 20, 2016 6:08 AM

Jul 2010
I don't know why everyone's saying the monster fight was CGI. They were actually 100% hand-drawn in this episode. TBH they probably would've looked less shitty if they were CGI.

Indistinct outlines on huge, darkly colored creatures makes for an extremely unreadable mess. Then you had that pathetic scene where they both looped the same punching animation for like 15 seconds.

Anyway 1/10 show. Almost gave it a 2/10 because the opening act was decent and Izzy was funny in the first episode, but no. Stupid plot was stupid. Dumb ending was dumb. Shit show was shit.

To quote generic American soldier guy: PIERRRRRROOOOOOOT! (jk it was JC STAFF lul)
MARISA-KAITENSep 20, 2016 6:11 AM
Sep 20, 2016 6:14 AM

Feb 2016
Glad that's finally over. The only good thing about this show was Tamaki surviving against all the death flags.

I couldn't believe that epilogue. It almost seemed like they were parodying themselves by taking the ridiculous nonsense to a new level. If it somehow gets a second season I won't bother, but if they release just some ridiculous OVA I'll watch that just to see what craziness happens.
Sep 20, 2016 6:17 AM

Mar 2009
I must say this is the first anime in ages that I regret watching I finished it even if I wanted to give up all the time I just hoped that last episode he would kill that princess what ever her name was because she was so annoying but no they did not kill her and they ended it like hey we wanna make a season 2 and I hope they don´t.
Sep 20, 2016 6:33 AM

Jun 2013
I have just wanted to know what happen for Cal after this event. Will she appear again in later story?
Cal and BB are my best characters in this series.
Sep 20, 2016 6:54 AM

Jun 2014
Tamaki is the final boss of this show. Holy moly did he carry us.

I sure as hell hope the ending was just a hint towards an OVA or Movie and not an actual second season.. This anime was so rushed and confusing to follow. What started good turned disasterious within no time
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2016 7:00 AM

May 2015
I started this series on a whim. I started it a little late too, so I was able to hear both good and bad things about it. So I thought, why the hell not? The only thing this series ended up being good for was some list padding. The story made no sense and the comedy was bad. Though, part of the reason I didn't understand/like the story may be because I avoid military series like the plague usually. As for this last episode, it also made no sense and I hope this doesn't get a second season like that last scene seemed to tease. Tamaki surviving was the only good thing in this episode.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Sep 20, 2016 7:02 AM
May 2015
I honestly don't understand, why do people continue to say things like "oh my god im glad it's over, 1/10" or "this shit is so bad(((but i keep watching)))"

like i'm embarassed I gave this anime 4 chances to redeem itself(4 episodes) and people are actually finishing the series?
Sep 20, 2016 7:47 AM

Jul 2007
A horrible end for a horrible show.
Sep 20, 2016 7:53 AM

May 2013
This was one of the most retarded shows I have ever seen. I hope it never rears its ugly head again.

Sep 20, 2016 9:13 AM

Jul 2016
Great beginning with horrifying ending...

Sorry,it's not my cup of tea...Better luck next time

Life is empty without anime

Sep 20, 2016 9:43 AM
Dec 2012
What was that? RIP finale. I was hoping for it to get better *sigh* what a letdown.
Liked the character design though.
Sep 20, 2016 11:33 AM
Dec 2011
Hilarious finale. GJ J.C Staff.

6/10 because I'm generous.

And I don't think you guys should worry about the fake S2 trailer. The exact same thing happened with Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge and it never got a sequel.
Sep 20, 2016 12:02 PM

Mar 2014
https://myanimelist.net/anime/19769/Mahou_Sensou
^
this show, good at start but bad at end

That last scenes of the anime, that just rushed ending for those who wonders what happened after the event but zero chance to have S2

Reminds me of Mahou Sensou
Sep 20, 2016 12:15 PM

Nov 2011
I liked it. I understand it wasn't a masterpiece but taking a show with crazy amounts of action, some comedy and some fan service is something i can get behind.

Yeah the story really made no sense but they made up for it with great animation and hardcore fights. Though we never found out what happened to that Chick and Snakes guy after Tamaki punched them into the mountain. Oh well.

I'll give it a 6/10 honestly I wouldn't mind a season two. it would be better then anything Index they make.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 20, 2016 1:15 PM

Jan 2014
After 5th episde they rushed so much, why F ruin so much good start they f ed up character and story develpoment, and F bibi , seiki knew him one friging episode nad he whine about his dath every second. what an garbage last 7 episode.
Sep 20, 2016 1:15 PM

Jan 2014
Zantius said:

2/5 for the finale

Season 2 start in october and season 3 after , HAVE FUN!!!!!
Sep 20, 2016 1:17 PM

Jan 2014
Farscape1 said:
Please tell me the post credits scene was just a teaser to get people interested in the source material... this show was way too rushed to have a split cour and way too shit to get a sequel right?
Sequel will be aired in october if i'm right. and it will have 3rd season aswell........................ DISGUSTING I KNOW.
Sep 20, 2016 1:46 PM

Aug 2013
wex89 said:
Zantius said:

2/5 for the finale

Season 2 start in october and season 3 after , HAVE FUN!!!!!

My cancer has a first name, it's T.A.B.O.O.

My cancer has a second name, it's T.A.T.T.O.O.
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 20, 2016 1:56 PM

Feb 2014
Tamaki, against all the odds, was able to beat all the death flags that came at him and survived! 10/10! =D

........apart from that, the finale sums up the show in a nutshell. A show that started out decently, but became a trainwreck over and over again.

Honestly, I couldn't tell if the final fight was 2D, 3D or a poisonous cocktail of both. The art reminded okay, but the animation was as sloppy and stutter prone as Rewrite. You can do better than this J.C, seriously. -__-

It's a shame that the princess retreated at the last second. I really wanted Seigi to land his fist right into her face to finish her off.

Overall, I was expecting this show to be decent with it's premise and characters, but it failed there too. The story felt dragged and most of the enemies were OP and WAAAY too fucking smug for my liking.

Lastly, I doubt there'll be a second season, despite having a 'PV' after the credits. It's J.C tempting us to read the manga to find out what happens next, but after watching this show, I think i'll pass on that.

4/10 and my lowest rating to any T.V show. It would've been a 5/10 if Seigi was able to punch the bitch Arya in the face successfully.
Sep 20, 2016 2:25 PM

Jun 2013
Tamaki Survived YES!!! was that a seacond season preview at the end?
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Does anyone know why this anime has this hate and low ratings

Naveen6662246 - Apr 3

15 by YaGurlSaiyan »»
Sep 6, 5:41 PM

Poll: » Taboo Tattoo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2016

120 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 1:09 PM

Poll: » Taboo Tattoo Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2016

138 by Komlan_6 »»
Dec 27, 2023 2:35 AM

Poll: » Taboo Tattoo Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2016

96 by Komlan_6 »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:17 AM

Poll: » Taboo Tattoo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2016

104 by Komlan_6 »»
Dec 26, 2023 1:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.