Forum Settings
Forums

If you could remove 1 character from any anime, who would it be?

New
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 23, 2016 5:33 PM
Jul 2015
Even if I am part of onii-sama worship, I would want to know how anime would be without him. Just for a day.

It would be like a burger without cheese. Or a Kirito without hacks.
roquepoAug 23, 2016 5:37 PM

Aug 23, 2016 5:40 PM

Jul 2015
Five from zankyou no terror,i dropped the anime because of her lol
Aug 23, 2016 5:45 PM

Jul 2013
Oh, I forgot about Uiharu and Saten from Toaru Kagaku no Railgun. My God, I watched Railgun to see Mikoto being badass, and instead I get these two stupids who you could remove from the series and nothing would change. While Uiharu is just a bit annoying, Saten and her whole angst of "I don't have powers, my life sucks!" was painful to watch, and I found her habit of make fun of Uiharu's pants extremely annoying and unfunny. Her only saving grace is her cute design.

The fact that they added a lot of filler during the series who consisted in they eating sweets and doing boring stuff doesn't helps at all. In fact, that the best arc of Railgun (the Sisters arc) is the one when they becomes terthiary characters speaks a lot about their presence in the series.
Aug 23, 2016 5:49 PM

Apr 2016
KazamiSan said:
aegyo said:

whaaaaaaat onodera best girl !!

i've only seen the first season of Nisekoi though.

And that's a good reason to remove her from the show, she's too cute to be a part of a harem.

Nah shes bloody annoying. she is the reason the show pisses me off majority of the time. I don't want to say to much as i would spoil the story.
Aug 23, 2016 5:57 PM

Apr 2016
PAW___ said:
biba from kabaneri
yuki from future diary
black beard from one piece
thougt girl from danganronpa

I feel Blackbeard is making the show interesting. He's the kind of stupid overly strong antagonist needed. He takes advantage of his opportunities and does what most pirates would do to gain power. I see nothing wrong with him betraying WhiteBeard as pirates are known to do such.
Aug 23, 2016 5:59 PM

Jan 2016
Selenium_Thorium said:
I would remove Shirou Emiya from Fate/ Stay Night and Fate/ Stay Night UBW. Then I would make Rin the main character.

Ayaka Sajyou would have being a great MC
Aug 23, 2016 6:03 PM

Apr 2016
KazamiSan said:
Emilia from Re:Zero, so Subaru can only love Rem.

I disagree, Rem is too bloody clingy. How can you like someone like that? I know Subaru is her hero and everything but man, she should take a chill pill and give the dude some space. She seems to get more annoying to me as the episodes go by. she should get over him, since we all know she's second choice. It like she's his support pillar and i feel that's pretty unrealistic, judging by how subaru has been acting.
Aug 23, 2016 6:04 PM

Jul 2014
Makoto from School Days. Holy shit what a tard.
Aug 23, 2016 6:06 PM

Jul 2013
Auck said:
Selenium_Thorium said:
I would remove Shirou Emiya from Fate/ Stay Night and Fate/ Stay Night UBW. Then I would make Rin the main character.

Ayaka Sajyou would have being a great MC
Hmmm... I would like an adaptation of Fate/Prototype and I like Shirou, but the image of Ayaka meeting FSN Archer sounds cool.
Aug 23, 2016 6:07 PM

Jul 2015
Can remove someone and put yourself in the position instead?
Aug 23, 2016 6:18 PM
Jan 2016
Gon From hunter x hunter so annoying
and yuki from mirai nikki
Ryuko Matoi from kill la kill
Aug 23, 2016 6:23 PM

May 2016
KazamiSan said:

How would Subaru get past stage 1 or even meet Rem?

I know my real answer now. The new teacher from This Art Club has a Problem (easier to remember in english). They should have kept the old guy. The opening sums up her entire character and that's not a good thing if it is like 12 seconds and half of it is a still shot of her in a bathing suit.
Aug 23, 2016 6:23 PM
Jun 2015
Kiba from wolf's rain. Dude has no personality. And I'm usually a fan of the quiet stoic type but he's just annoying.
Aug 23, 2016 6:24 PM

Jul 2016
Emilia from Re:Zero cause Rem is the best girl
"This (anime) industry is weird" - Chitose Karasuma, Gi(a)rlish Number

I hope someday someone in an anime would say, "The (anime) viewers are weird."
Aug 23, 2016 6:24 PM
Apr 2016
BlueBalls said:
"5" from terror in resonance.

She ruined a good show.

Ill sign up here. Zankyou no Terror could have been a very good show, like a 9, wihout Five. Sadly she is important and appears a lot so the series ends up preety bad. I gave it a 7 just to suport the potential that was lost.
Aug 23, 2016 6:25 PM
Apr 2015
Near_21 said:
Whether it's because this character annoys you, or you want to make the show slightly better.
Personally, and i'll think some people will agree with me:

Poor table-Kun out of code Geass so he won't have to go through you know what.

Edit:- Also please tell why with appropriate spoilers.

Lucy from ft, she's sooo annoying and useless
Aug 23, 2016 6:26 PM

Aug 2016
Definitely Emilia from re:zero. I just want Rem to end up with Subaru
Aug 23, 2016 6:33 PM

Jun 2013
I would remove the Japanese Cartman from Accel world. He's annoying af.

Agreed, my man. I couldn't stand that drama queen at all.
Aug 23, 2016 6:38 PM
Dec 2014
Rin and shirou from fate/stay night UBW
Aug 23, 2016 6:42 PM

May 2016
Emilia from Re:Zero. Because she's a plot device shit.
Aug 23, 2016 7:15 PM

Mar 2013
ClavisM said:

Shimotsuki Mika from Psycho Pass 2: She was more useless than one of the pens on Ginoza's desk.

After just finishing Psycho Pass 2 today, I second this (surprised more haven't voiced assent..). One of the most useless and anime destroying characters I've seen in a long time. Only positive is that she has 11 favorites, relative to the other Main Characters from the Psycho Pass series having 3-5k favorites.. So MAL knows whats up atleast.
Aug 23, 2016 7:18 PM

Jan 2016
The supposed replacements for L on the last 11 episodes of Death Note.... oh, on second thought, those 11 episodes were unnecessary.
Aug 23, 2016 7:22 PM

Mar 2014
RainyRai said:
merryfistmas said:
Shinji Ikari, an insufferable twat, every moment he's on screen is time that could be spent on more interesting characters. His character drives a lot of Asuka's and Rei's development which makes them much better characters, so another character would have to take his place.

I thought we friends dude.
GabrielB24 said:

Why anime have terrible characters in the first place? Do otakus think they can create badass characters if they just Gary Stu them to death? These otakus don't know what true experience is if they sitting their asses every day.

anime has bad character because people don't know how to write good. That's why.
Shinji's fine im the first 2/3s and in the rebuilds, but that last part and EoE are just awful, he keeps regressing back to a useless turd. And let's be real, even if you like Shinji, the other characters are way better.
Aug 23, 2016 7:29 PM

Mar 2013
CapitalistGod said:
The supposed replacements for L on the last 11 episodes of Death Note.... oh, on second thought, those 11 episodes were unnecessary.

Those would have been high on my list as well. However after watching Death Notes clone Psycho-Pass, including having a good full first season of 22-24, followed by an atrocious 2nd season of 1 cour 11 odd episodes, that would no longer be appropriate. Psycho Pass managed to get drastically worse main characters and character regression, namely in the form of Mika. It also got rid of BOTH main characters for its disastrous S2, as opposed to DN only having lost the 1..
Aug 23, 2016 8:03 PM

Feb 2014
daAmazinFatB0y said:
Vhailor said:

I don't know, I could at least ignore Lisa, but Five was front and center, acting like an over-the-top cartoonish campy villain, in a show that until she was introduced was trying to be fairly realistic. It was too jarring.

Lol dude. Lisa cannot be ignored since at least half the time, she fucked up there plans and had to get saved for complete dumbass ar least twice. She is front and center because she is a retard lol. Five could have been good but they fucked her up with the little time she had on screen. We could had seen proper character development from her if so much time wasn't spent on Ms Useless

Maybe I should re-watch the show, because she didn't really bother me all that much the first time around. I saw her more as someone who brought some amount of normalcy to 9 and 12's lives, which is something they craved their entire lives. Probably why I was a bit more forgiving towards her, even though she might have been an annoying damsel in distress.
Aug 23, 2016 8:07 PM

Oct 2014
merryfistmas said:
Shinji Ikari, an insufferable twat, every moment he's on screen is time that could be spent on more interesting characters. His character drives a lot of Asuka's and Rei's development which makes them much better characters, so another character would have to take his place.

more interesting?
you meant a lot less explored and developed or way more fapable?
half of what makes evangelion is how the themes are relate to shinji character arc
Aug 23, 2016 8:12 PM

Oct 2014
merryfistmas said:
RainyRai said:

I thought we friends dude.

anime has bad character because people don't know how to write good. That's why.
Shinji's fine im the first 2/3s and in the rebuilds, but that last part and EoE are just awful, he keeps regressing back to a useless turd. And let's be real, even if you like Shinji, the other characters are way better.

yes because the him being depressed over almost killing his best friends by his own father orders makes him a total pussy
Aug 23, 2016 8:13 PM

Oct 2014
RainyRai said:
roxyroxas1313 said:
I would probably remove Kirito from Sword Art Online. Reason why? He's way to OP and I don't like his personality at all.

That wouldn't improve SAO in anyway. The show would crumple even harder with no other changes if it lacked Kirito.

if they replaced him with the true black swordsman it would be way better
Aug 23, 2016 8:16 PM

Apr 2016
Illyricus said:
Also, the childhood friend with big boobs of the MC of Taboo Tattoo. I mean, what is her role in the series? She is just useless and doesn't apports anything to the series. Wish they could remove her now.

That show had promise the first episode or two then, as soon as she was introduced i dropped the show. Its really mediocre show now in all honesty. I actually didn't understand what was going anymore.
Aug 23, 2016 8:18 PM

Apr 2016
_LorDNiCo_ said:
Chitoge from Nisekoi. She basically ruined the whole story. SMH.

Why chitoge? The main story had chitoge in the plan. Nisekoi means False love bruh... I think she made the show fun and all. Its like Toradora except Chitoge was more acceptable
Aug 23, 2016 8:19 PM

Apr 2016
roxyroxas1313 said:
I would probably remove Kirito from Sword Art Online. Reason why? He's way to OP and I don't like his personality at all.

I don't think Kirito is the problem its the story itself. It became bland. The Harem and plot holes made SAO bad
Aug 23, 2016 8:19 PM

Jul 2015
Hana from Prison School tbh, she's too.. eh, crazy for me.
I have more but oh well..
Aug 23, 2016 8:25 PM
Jul 2018
Just a good thread I dumped upon!

Yeah it has to be chizo(dont remember the name but prononced same) from Hatarakou Maou-Sama,She just made the story too complicated!
Aug 23, 2016 8:40 PM

Mar 2014
gabrielrroiz said:
merryfistmas said:

more interesting?
you meant a lot less explored and developed or way more fapable?
half of what makes evangelion is how the themes are relate to shinji character arc
No I mean more interesting, if I meant fappable able I would have said that. Rei's in a situation where her whole world has been created by commander Ikari, she doesn't start acting human until another person, Shinji, reaches out to her and her transition from robot-like to human is one of my favorite parts of the show, it's the same reason I love Pino from Ergo Proxy. Asuka, unlike most characters of her type, has a reason to act that way. She's a prodigy and has to deal with people who she can reasonably see as inferior. It takes a long time for we to accept that other people can be part of her team and that she doesn't have to do everything on her own is also one of my favorite parts of the show. Shinji is the poster child for depression, I don't mind depressed characters or "pussy" MCs, I loved Tsukimoto, Satou, Simone, Shinji's problem isn't that he's depressed, it's that it's his entire personality and the way they go about showing that he's depressed is obnoxious. I feel like the authors beating me over the head with how worthless and depressed he is, and instead of giving him real character development in the end, we get those last two episodes (and yes, I know Anno ran out of money) and EoE where his "character development" takes place inside his head in a series of nonsensical fever dreams.
Aug 23, 2016 8:44 PM

Nov 2008
gabrielrroiz said:
RainyRai said:

That wouldn't improve SAO in anyway. The show would crumple even harder with no other changes if it lacked Kirito.

Guts is butt-ugly, so no. :/ Kirito is at least easy on the eyes.

Aug 23, 2016 8:58 PM
Apr 2015
Thugtrio said:
1) Shirou Emiya (Fate/Stay Night) because he's a pussy.

What are you talking about? In Fate route, Shirou always tried to fight masters and servants by himself. In UBW, he fought Gilgamesh, the strongest servant to ever exist. And in Heaven's Feel,

How exactly does that make him a pussy?
Aug 23, 2016 8:59 PM

May 2016
Chiibi said:
gabrielrroiz said:

Hey man it's 2016 and Guts can look pretty in this current .... now isn't the best time to defend Gut's look.
Aug 23, 2016 9:00 PM
Apr 2015
Chiibi said:
gabrielrroiz said:

Kirito is easy on the eyes because he looks like a girl.
Aug 23, 2016 9:01 PM

Nov 2008
Risara said:
Chiibi said:

He only looks like a girl in GGO. I would never mistake him for one with his short hair.

Aug 23, 2016 9:02 PM
Apr 2015
Chiibi said:
Risara said:

He only looks like a girl in GGO. I would never mistake him for one with his short hair.

He still looks like a girl outside of the games and inside of the games.
Aug 23, 2016 9:04 PM

Nov 2008
Risara said:
Chiibi said:

No, he doesn't. He looks like most black-haired anime boys do....who kind of look like real Japanese boys do in build.

Aug 23, 2016 9:11 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Kento from Kimi ni Todoke, and other douchebags like him that troll my beautiful ships.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Aug 23, 2016 9:12 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Mika Shimotsuki from Psycho-pass 2
Haru Onodera from Nisekoi:
Tomoya Aki from Saekano
Inaho Kaizuka from Aldnoah.Zero

there might be more but they are the one i can think of easily so far.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Aug 23, 2016 9:21 PM

Sep 2015
Aquamirror said:
Kirito from SAO

-anime is good now ;D

Yep. I would remove him and replace him with a diff harem main character(one from a good harem anime).
Aug 23, 2016 9:29 PM

Nov 2008
DatRandomDude said:

Haru Onodera from Nisekoi:

YAS. THAT STUPID BRAT CONTRIBUTED NOTHING!!

Pointless bitch was pointless. :/ God, was she ANNOYING......

Yep. I would remove him and replace him with a diff harem main character(one from a good harem anime).

Haha

All harem leads WISH they could be as suave as Kirito-kun. :p

Aug 23, 2016 9:36 PM
Jun 2016
naruto from naruto, just to see what would happen
Aug 23, 2016 9:37 PM

Jan 2014
Touma from the A Certain series...
Dont care if he is a main character, he annoys me and is possibly one of the worst main characters i have seen in an anime. Honestly have show focus on Index, Mikoto, Accelerator, Styl.... you know the more interesting characters and I would have enjoyed the series more
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2016 9:38 PM
Apr 2015
Chiibi said:
Risara said:

No, he doesn't. He looks like most black-haired anime boys do....who kind of look like real Japanese boys do in build.

Not really, he looks like a girl with short hair
Aug 23, 2016 9:59 PM

Jul 2015
Dajoeman said:
KazamiSan said:

I disagree, Rem is too bloody clingy. How can you like someone like that? I know Subaru is her hero and everything but man, she should take a chill pill and give the dude some space. She seems to get more annoying to me as the episodes go by. she should get over him, since we all know she's second choice. It like she's his support pillar and i feel that's pretty unrealistic, judging by how subaru has been acting.

What? WHAT? No, just get lost bitch.
Aug 23, 2016 10:01 PM

Jul 2015
takenMalUsername said:
KazamiSan said:

How would Subaru get past stage 1 or even meet Rem?

That is... true.
Well, Rem or nothing!
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anime carried by Animation ( 1 2 )

ST63LTH - Yesterday

54 by Guilmon1 »»
40 seconds ago

» Best episodic anime

JoeChip - 2 hours ago

13 by Nemo_Niemand »»
5 minutes ago

» Looks like mecha anime's are dead. RIP, giant robots. ( 1 2 3 4 )

Gashadokur0 - Jun 23

180 by DesuMaiden »»
6 minutes ago

» Do you actually care about Anime "Controversy"?

Dragevard - Yesterday

34 by rohan121 »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » how "loved" is your #1 fave character of all time ?

ame - Yesterday

33 by deg »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.