Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Aug 7, 2016 2:58 PM

May 2014
Boy this episode got over in like 5 mins...

Though I don't get this bit: why did Subaru's phone start ringing when the White Whale showed up? Did I miss something here?

Feb 2014
akaban said:
Hatsuyuki said:
You wanna tell me Subaru's cellphone battery lasted through all these events ? What the fuck is he using, nokia, plot armor ?????

Yea I wonder too but think of it, there is no network so the cellphone is not connected to any network allowing lesser energy consumption. Plus it is on stand by most of the time so seems legit. The problem is how did he know the exact hour of the Whale's appearance? Did he remember it ? dunno

Yes he remembered it from the first time. They showed the flashback to the first time when he encountered the white whale and his phone fell out it flipped open to show 13:15 iirc.
Around and around the cycle goes.

Apr 2016
Basically Subaru hasn't healed completely but finally he was able to come out on top in negotiations the flip phone saves the day once again.

Really great episode building up for the wepic whale battle I can't wait to see Wilhelm in action that old man looks so badass.
Aug 7, 2016 3:02 PM

Mar 2012
Z-Dante said:

Pet ground dragon kun vs Rem? Who's the best girl?
Cast your vote now...

I vote for pet kun. ( sorry :s)

Re: Did Subaru just turned from a Retard into a nice guy?? Holy shit! That's an 180 personality flip with 0 development.!!!
Oh well, I guess I can't complain about much anyway

One whole episode of him realizing how shitty person he is and deciding to change wasn't enough development for you ? You are free to hate but at least try using some valid points...
Aug 7, 2016 3:03 PM

Jan 2009
No way!

Subaru is using indoor volume, and oh the wonder, good things happen. He uses his head, and good things happen. He isn't screaming and throwing tantrums, and good things happen. Who'd have thought?

I'd like to point out that he achieved the alliance with exactly the same setting that he initially wanted to run away from with Rem in the last episode. Absolutely nothing at all has changed except

1) Rem has given him some courage last episode
2) Author-sama willed a 180 degree change in Subaru

Which is why I still can only give this episode a 4 instead of a 5 - I find this complete reversal of Subaru within 10 minutes a little bit of an asspull. A very welcome asspull indeed, since it dramatically increases my enjoyment of the show, but an asspull nevertheless. Just like before, Subaru is all over the place. Credible steady character development it ain't in the least. But okay, I'll take it.

By the way: Was I the only one who wondered "now what is going to happen next if the White Whale does _not_ appear at the predicted time? ;)
Aug 7, 2016 3:05 PM
Jul 2016
Mentar said:
No way!

Subaru is using indoor volume, and oh the wonder, good things happen. He uses his head, and good things happen. He isn't screaming and throwing tantrums, and good things happen. Who'd have thought?

I'd like to point out that he achieved the alliance with exactly the same setting that he initially wanted to run away from with Rem in the last episode. Absolutely nothing at all has changed except

1) Rem has given him some courage last episode
2) Author-sama willed a 180 degree change in Subaru

Which is why I still can only give this episode a 4 instead of a 5 - I find this complete reversal of Subaru within 10 minutes a little bit of an asspull. A very welcome asspull indeed, since it dramatically increases my enjoyment of the show, but an asspull nevertheless. Just like before, Subaru is all over the place. Credible steady character development it ain't in the least. But okay, I'll take it.

By the way: Was I the only one who wondered "now what is going to happen next if the White Whale does _not_ appear at the predicted time? ;)

No, I was wondering that too. And if you watched ep 18 (which I assume you haven't), it took nearly the entire ep for Subaru to get out of his depression and try a different approach.
Aug 7, 2016 3:05 PM
Mar 2016
A Nokia 3310 (random phone I looked up) can last between 55-245 hours on standby. Aka just being on. Why is it so hard to believe that Subaru's flip phone would still have battery? Seriously, I guess there's just a bunch of kids who never had an old phone.
Aug 7, 2016 3:06 PM

Sep 2014
Perfect setup for the next episode, Pretty hype!

lolatusenpai said:

Though I don't get this bit: why did Subaru's phone start ringing when the White Whale showed up? Did I miss something here?

In a flashback when the White Whale was attacking Subaru his phone fell out in-front of him, and the time was 15:13. So he set the alarm to 15:13, and waited for the White Whale to show up.
Aug 7, 2016 3:06 PM
Jul 2016
lolatusenpai said:

He had said that he set the phone to ring once the whale would show up at the time he knew it would appear at.
Aug 7, 2016 3:07 PM

Jul 2013
Me during all the scenes of Crusch in this episode:

It seems plebs have finally realized that she is, without any doubt, best girl. You guys passed 7 episodes fangirling about Rem/Emilia, ignoring her and it has to be in this episode when you all understood she is the best. Feel the shame now, you plebs!

Cannot wait to see Crusch-sama's abilities in action :3

Respecting the rest of the episode, glad to see Subaru finalling acting intelligent and getting over his stupidity/madness of the past episodes. That conversation with Rem in the last episode sure helped him.

The end with the white whale appearing and the ringtome totally fitted the scene. It reminded me a lot of this:

(Minute: 0:57)

Cannot wait for the next episode and see the epic battle against that monster.

blackchannel said:

I'm in love with crusch karsten.
Be careful mate, I saw her first >:(
Aug 7, 2016 3:08 PM
Jul 2016
J1m1s said:
Z-Dante said:

Pet ground dragon kun vs Rem? Who's the best girl?
Cast your vote now...

I vote for pet kun. ( sorry :s)

Re: Did Subaru just turned from a Retard into a nice guy?? Holy shit! That's an 180 personality flip with 0 development.!!!
Oh well, I guess I can't complain about much anyway

One whole episode of him realizing how shitty person he is and deciding to change wasn't enough development for you ? You are free to hate but at least try using some valid points...

Don't even try. I have, and people are just desperate as hell to criticize. It's one thing to argue about pacing in story, but this?

May 2015
So after the boring episode of last time where Subaru gets his psychological strain ERASED before the action of the last time reset we might see some nice action next episode even if I don't expect much.

Btw quite predictable but it is always disappointing seeing Kirito Subaru cheat his way to victory. Those convenient negotiation suggestions were so obvious... he even gets praised for cheating with time resets... lol...
zalAug 7, 2016 3:14 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 2009
Buck_Wade said:
No, I was wondering that too. And if you watched ep 18 (which I assume you haven't), it took nearly the entire ep for Subaru to get out of his depression and try a different approach.

Pretty rude, dude.

No, it took him half an episode 18. Pretty much exactly 10 minutes, just like I wrote. He wasted the rest with self-pitying yelling in utterly overshot self-deprecation. Only the second half was constructive.
Aug 7, 2016 3:14 PM
Jul 2016
Mentar said:
Buck_Wade said:

Pretty rude, dude.

No, it took him half an episode. Pretty much exactly 10 minutes, just like I wrote.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude. But your comment supports my theory that you hadn't watched ep 18, because I just looked up, and the conversation between Rem and Subaru lasted almost the entire episode.
It is an objective FACT, that people get out of depression through many ways.
Aug 7, 2016 3:16 PM

Dec 2013
The whale looks kinda cute
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Aug 7, 2016 3:18 PM

Jan 2013
zal said:

Btw quite predictable but it is always disappointing seeing Kirito Subaru cheat his way to victory. Those convenient negotiation suggestions were so obvious... he even gets praised for cheating with time resets... lol...

y fuck Subaru for using information that he suffered so much to obtain
Aug 7, 2016 3:18 PM

May 2015
Buck_Wade said:
Mentar said:

Pretty rude, dude.

No, it took him half an episode. Pretty much exactly 10 minutes, just like I wrote.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude. But your comment supports my theory that you hadn't watched ep 18, because I just looked up, and the conversation between Rem and Subaru lasted almost the entire episode.
You mean people could get out of depression like he did? We found a great and easy cure, great. Also this sudden mood swing was already used with the nap on Emilia's lap. Is he going to pull this trick every arc?
juicykitten95 said:
zal said:

y fuck Subaru for using information that he suffered so much to obtain
It's not like he suffered to obtain them. He obtained them while he was suffering. It is a different and worse cause and effect chain, you forgot the convenient part though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2016 3:20 PM
Jul 2016
zal said:
Buck_Wade said:

You mean people could get out of depression like he did? We found a great and easy cure, great. Also this sudden mood swing was already used with the nap on Emilia's lap. Is he going to pull this trick every arc?

Okay, sorry, my bad. I shouldn't have used depression, since that is a much more longer form of stress. But the character was in complete stress.
Aug 7, 2016 3:24 PM

May 2015
Buck_Wade said:
zal said:

Okay, sorry, my bad. I shouldn't have used depression, since that is a much more longer form of stress. But the character was in complete stress.
Sure, he WAS but now he isn't. The issue is not that he overcome his stress but how easily and quick. The mood transition is so abrupt that it is hardly believable, forget about realistic.
Aug 7, 2016 3:26 PM

Apr 2015
Forced unrealistic development, if you'd even call it that, of Subaru.

Last episode he's crying about how he's a useless sack of shit that can't do anything and is a complete dumbass, next episode he outsmarts two political leaders in bargaining from little deductive skills that he CLEARLY did not care or couldn't even pay attention to because, remember guys, he was soo crazay and traumatised. He fearlessly charges headfirst into battle as well, unlike all the other TRAINED SOILDERS, and not fearing his death like he was constantly in the last loop.

So literally a 10 MINUTE DIALOGUE EXCHANGE LAST EPISODE BREAKS THE GUY OUT OF SUPPOSED FEAR, DEPRESSION, SELF DEPRICATION, GUILT AND TRAUMA. Great! So now he's just a cringy unbeatable character due to his time loops never going bad in the end.

Also the episode was just plain boring and extremely dragged out.

I couldn't give any less of a fuck about MUH revenge old guy because they never made me care for his character in the 6 episodes he was there.

2/5 needs more beetlejuice eyeball licking twister.
JkayWAug 7, 2016 3:29 PM
Aug 7, 2016 3:26 PM
Jul 2016
zal said:
Buck_Wade said:

Sure, he WAS but now he isn't. The issue is not that he overcome his stress but how easily and quick. The mood transition is so abrupt that it is hardly believable, forget about realistic.

How was it easy and quick? Nearly the entire episode Subaru kept explaining how pathetic he was to Rem, who counteracted him and reminded him of who he was and to try again.
Aug 7, 2016 3:28 PM

Jan 2009
Buck_Wade said:
Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude.

Well, if you're not actively trying, you're a real natural :)

But your comment supports my theory that you hadn't watched ep 18, because I just looked up, and the conversation between Rem and Subaru lasted almost the entire episode.

Like I added to my second comment (after you had hit the reply button obviously, so that's not your fault), he wasted the first half of the episode with self-pitying yelling in utterly overshot self-deprecation, up to timecode 13:00 ("The only path everything leads to is giving up! If I could do something, I would... I would..."). It was the usual blind screaming and aimlessly flailing around, without any moderation.

Then, it was Rem to explain things to him and give him a new perspective, in the next 10 minutes. Subaru was still being (overly) self-critical, but he actually began to _listen_. She pointed out the simple truth that he was _not_ helpless and pointless, because he had actually saved her before. She gave him support, belief in him and encouragement. That gave the push to start healing him.

Sure. But "10 Minutes from Zero to Hero" (I thought his negotiation attempt plus preparations was exceptionally well-done) is a bit more binary and author-interventiony to me than I'm fully happy with. But hey, if you consider it credible realistic character development, more power to you.
Aug 7, 2016 3:28 PM

May 2015
Buck_Wade said:
zal said:

How was it easy and quick? Nearly the entire episode Subaru kept explaining how pathetic he was to Rem, who counteracted him and reminded him of who he was and to try again.
How is the anime time even relevant? How about you take in consideration the time it passed during their dialogue and rethink about it. That was damn quick and quite cheap (the mood swing, not what they said because there were some good parts in there).
Aug 7, 2016 3:29 PM
Jul 2016
JkayW said:
Forced unrealistic development, if you'd even call it that, of Subaru.

Last episode he's crying about how he's a useless sack of shit that can't do anything and is a complete dumbass, next episode he outsmarts two political leaders in bargaining from little deductive skills that he CLEARLY did not care or couldn't even pay attention to because, remember guys, he was soo crazay and traumatised. He fearlessly charges headfirst into battle as well, unlike all the other TRAINED SOILDERS, and not fearing his death like he was constantly in the last loop.

Also the episode was just plain boring and extremely dragged out.

I couldn't give any less of a fuck about MUH revenge old guy because they never made me care for his character in the 6 episodes he was there.

2/5 needs more beetlejuice eyeball licking twister.

It's practically been confirmed now that he was faking his insanity in ep 15 or whatever.
He gained information from ep 16.
But I kinda agree about the old guy.
Last ep, if you had watched it, the character accepts himself and decides to try again to save everyone with a fresh mind after the therapy session with Rem.
Aug 7, 2016 3:30 PM

Apr 2014
xSkipi said:
My god, ithis episode was just epic
I need that ringtone (it will replace puru puru pururin :p)

noo dont cange it! even re:zero one is good, just dont.
期待しているよ、私のサリアだって、嘘ばっかり!
でもねアンジュ、あんたがいなくなれば、私の方が強いってわかれば,
それができるなら、何もいらない!
Aug 7, 2016 3:31 PM
Jul 2016
Mentar said:
Buck_Wade said:
Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude.

Well, if you're not actively trying, you're a real natural :)

But your comment supports my theory that you hadn't watched ep 18, because I just looked up, and the conversation between Rem and Subaru lasted almost the entire episode.

Like I added to my second comment (after you had hit the reply button obviously, so that's not your fault), he wasted the first half of the episode with self-pitying yelling in utterly overshot self-deprecation, up to timecode 13:00 ("The only path everything leads to is giving up! If I could do something, I would... I would..."). It was the usual blind screaming and aimlessly flailing around, without any moderation.

Then, it was Rem to explain things to him and give him a new perspective, in the next 10 minutes. Subaru was still being (overly) self-critical, but he actually began to _listen_. She pointed out the simple truth that he was _not_ helpless and pointless, because he had actually saved her before. She gave him support, belief in him and encouragement. That gave the push to start healing him.

Sure. But "10 Minutes from Zero to Hero" (I thought his negotiation attempt plus preparations was exceptionally well-done) is a bit more binary to me than I'm fully happy with. But hey, if you consider it credible realistic character development, more power to you.

Yeah, I made a mistake by putting in depression. More like extreme stress. But I guess here I simply disagree. I think the conversation was at the right length and convincing enough. Sometimes, people just need some encouragement from a friend to get back on track.

Dec 2013
Its nice seeing Subaru so much more relaxed compared to some of the previous episodes.

Rem still shows that she is a top tier waifu. Dem feels ;_;

Liking the old man more after this episode. Dat fist bump!

Jan 2013
zal said:
The mood transition is so abrupt that it is hardly believable, forget about realistic.

i threw realism out of the window lel (just us plebeian things) and the situation is not too convenient that its hard to tolerate (there is always some convenience in fictional world so deal with it)

you would have much more fun watching this if you could drop that psychology book
Aug 7, 2016 3:32 PM

Dec 2014
It's all going too well. Something will fuck up...
Aug 7, 2016 3:32 PM
Jul 2016
zal said:
Buck_Wade said:

How is the anime time even relevant? How about you take in consideration the time it passed during their dialogue and rethink about it. That was damn quick and quite cheap (the mood swing, not what they said because there were some good parts in there).

How was the mood swing cheap? The character was exhausted at that point, so of course he just spewed everything out in an attempt to run away with Rem. As for the rest, I guess I just disagree.
Aug 7, 2016 3:34 PM

Mar 2010
zal said:
Buck_Wade said:

...Were not watching the same thing. That's not even going into your naive surface level knowledge about depression. Hint: it's duration and recovery among factors is different for everyone depending on circumstances.

Oh clue you in something about life, people constantly cycle into different emotional states depending what they are doing. Nobody is static or unaffected by what happens to them just they got through one problem. Subaru won't fall into anywhere near same degree of depression as Arc 3, but it wont' he ever be weary from time to time, because that just not how people work.
Iron_MawAug 7, 2016 3:41 PM
Aug 7, 2016 3:36 PM
Jul 2016
Jagd84 said:
zal said:

..Were not watching the same thing. That's not even going into your naive surface level knowledge about depression. Hint: it's duration and recovery among factors is different for everyone depending on circumstances.

How fast one recovers from real depression depends on the person, really. Hell, one of my relatives had an absolute shit childhood with many depression moments, now she's a badass! Me on the other hand...I'm kind of a pussy and would just eat junkfood if I got into real depression.

Jul 2016
people grabbing Crusch sama as their waifu claiming they were the first ones to do so.... little did they know that I already had my eyes on her since the first ep she appeared >w>

anyway, i think this ep was better than the previous ones because it shows us that subaru can make things happen when he actually tries to do so (with a huge stroke of luck),
+ this ep gives us more knowledge about the whale
+ introduces more characters (who would probably die sooner or later)

hype for next ep? yep.
the fight scene of Crusch-sama in the OP is coming up (I GUESS; I HOPE)

"If beautiful women don’t celebrate their beauty, the entire human race loses out. Don’t you agree?”—Sonya

ƒ ♥♥

Nov 2015
Good episode, the protagonist in this was the ringtone... I very like this detail at the end.
Aug 7, 2016 3:37 PM
Jan 2014
rorimoe said:

Someone please tell me, It could be the result of a rush, but how can Subaru make a deal on the name of Roswald and Emilia? Even talk about mining magical stones like he owned these and the lies detector did not work? He is just guest and how can he make a deal that big, and how Anastashi entered Crusch masion so easy, even overheard the conversation?

Btw
Does Subaru personality "improve" or he jsut the same, just being burdened by that heroic talk with Rem?

Ill pretend that there is no ep 13-18.

Anime simplifications, happens in a more logical way in the LN .
Sad that you will pretend the best part of re zero didn't happen .
Aug 7, 2016 3:38 PM

Mar 2015
Easily of my favorite episodes. Finally some action! Rem did a good job brainwashing Subaru into thinking he's a "hero". His empty pride is back in full force! He did a good job piecing stuff together, even if it wasn't that believable for a derp like him to do so. Kurcsh, Wilhelm, and Furry Man Ricardo stole this episode so well though. :)
Aug 7, 2016 3:40 PM

Jul 2013
leezodne said:
people grabbing Crusch sama as their waifu claiming they were the first ones to do so.... little did they know that I already had my eyes on her since the first ep she appeared >w>
You are not alone, mate, you are not alone... even if that means we are rivals >_>
Aug 7, 2016 3:42 PM

Jul 2016
Illyricus said:
leezodne said:
You are not alone, mate, you are not alone... even if that means we are rivals >_>

ha, another rival appeared >w> man o man competition will just keep on coming from now on . . .

"If beautiful women don’t celebrate their beauty, the entire human race loses out. Don’t you agree?”—Sonya

ƒ ♥♥
Aug 7, 2016 3:44 PM

Jul 2016
anyway, i forgot to post mitrospeed sensei's thoughts (just in-case people hadn't read it yet)

ƒ ♥♥
Aug 7, 2016 3:44 PM
May 2016
Wilhelm's wife wasn't perhaps killed by the White Whale...It should have erased her existence like it did with Rem... Betrayal maybe? To occupy the seat of the first Master Swordsman?
Aug 7, 2016 3:46 PM

May 2015
juicykitten95 said:
zal said:
The mood transition is so abrupt that it is hardly believable, forget about realistic.

i threw realism out of the window lel (just us plebeian things) and the situation is not too convenient that its hard to tolerate (there is always some convenience in fictional world so deal with it)

you would have much more fun watching this if you could drop that psychology book
Sure convenience is present in fiction but it is not good when it is so blatant. The pink candidate just tricked him and gave him the instruction of how to do things in the next time reset. Sure, she didn't know he can go back in time but still had not reasonable motive to tell him anything. It is fine but then fanboys shouldn't praise it for realism and that is so much better than battle shounens because what happens here is the contrary of realism and exactly how things happen in most battle shounens. I have no psychology book but you know people continuously praised Subaru for being a realistic character and what I saw is completely different.
Buck_Wade said:
zal said:

How was the mood swing cheap? The character was exhausted at that point, so of course he just spewed everything out in an attempt to run away with Rem.
Then Rem comforts him and Subaru heals...
Jagd84 said:
zal said:

..Were not watching the same thing. That's not even going into your naive surface level knowledge about depression. Hint: it's duration and recovery among factors is different for everyone depending on circumstances.

Oh clue you in something about life, people constantly cycle into different emotional states depending what they are doing. Nobody is static or unaffected by what happens to them just they got through one problem. Subaru won't fall into anywhere near same degree of depression as Arc 3, but it wont' he ever be weary from time to time, because that just not how people work.
I might not know much about depression but overcoming it so quickly doesn't seem believable to me after how much emphasis they put on it and its monstrosity. Everything gone in an hour after a nice chat which is also repetitive. That is the way Subaru works, have you forgotten about the last time he was on a breakdown how he easily overcome it with a nap on Emilia's knees? He recovers and becomes the hero everyone wants.
Aug 7, 2016 3:48 PM

Jul 2013
leezodne said:
Illyricus said:

ha, another rival appeared >w> man o man competition will just keep on coming from now on . . .
This episode will mark a new era for the Re: Zero fandom; the rising of the fans of the beautiful and glorious Crusch Karsten (I sound like Subaru saying this, tbh).

Hope in the next episodes we could see more of her greatness.
Aug 7, 2016 3:50 PM
Jul 2014
I was seriously waiting for the whale not to show up and Subaru being made the villain again because he "lied" to everyone. In a way that would have been better imo because I find it sad they went this direction with subaru. Instead of him becoming a kind of hero/leader/usefull, I wanted him to become someone who would terrorize the world, oh well.
Aug 7, 2016 3:50 PM

Jan 2008
Jagd84 said:
Paul said:
I'm not sure if it was asked/answered in the previous pages but why is it that those veteran soldiers and the butler guy can remember those killed by the whale? During the part where Subaru ran into it the first time, all those who 'disappeared', assumed killed/eaten by it since Sloth said it was Gluttony, were forgotten. What was different between those who died during the event with Subaru and the ones who died other times?

These are survivors from the from last White Whale subjugation that didn't get erased or killed.

The question is why do those survivors still remember people from their last encounter? Such as Wilhelm and everyone else still remembering his wife despite her being 'killed' by it, unlike the time where Rem died and everyone but Subaru forgets her.
Aug 7, 2016 3:51 PM
Jul 2016
AnimeSekaiDesuGa said:
Wilhelm's wife wasn't perhaps killed by the White Whale...It should have erased her existence like it did with Rem... Betrayal maybe? To occupy the seat of the first Master Swordsman?

Wt# ? oh God I did not see this...
Yes she was Killed by WW

Oct 2008
Nayrael said:
In times of crisis, such deals are acceptable. After all, if there is no doubt in the fact that Subaru saved his liege by doing so, than the liege can't complain. Of course, the liege can reject to follow the agreement, but if you reject to help those that saved you than you prove that you are dishonorable.

The deal would only fall into water if it ends up that Subaru was wrong and this was unnecessary to save everyone. But Subaru already knows that's not the case and Crusch can detect no lies in Subaru's claim that this is a crisis.

That's understandable, but the deal was about the whale, not about the witch cult.

Or, perhaps he means to use this alliance, in order to resolve this issue?

Aug 2014
Well definitely a better episode than the previous ones, though Subaru's personality change is pretty awkward but still much better than the edgelord from before. That ending tho...had no idea the Whale could also fly lol.
Aug 7, 2016 3:54 PM
Jul 2016
Paul said:
Jagd84 said:

These are survivors from the from last White Whale subjugation that didn't get erased or killed.

The question is why do those survivors still remember people from their last encounter? Such as Wilhelm and everyone else still remembering his wife despite her being 'killed' by it, unlike the time where Rem died and everyone but Subaru forgets her.

No «, She Could be Injured for example...then die, so...
Aug 7, 2016 3:58 PM

Nov 2014
Jagd84 said:
rorimoe said:

Someone please tell me, It could be the result of a rush, but how can Subaru make a deal on the name of Roswald and Emilia? Even talk about mining magical stones like he owned these and the lies detector did not work? He is just guest and how can he make a deal that big, and how Anastashi entered Crusch masion so easy, even overheard the conversation?

Btw
Does Subaru personality "improve" or he jsut the same, just being burdened by that heroic talk with Rem?

Ill pretend that there is no ep 13-18.

Because Rem is acting as representative as of Roswaal. Subaru realize this was other reason Roswaal left her with him.

And you watched the episode yourself. He's accepted his weakness and making effort to improve himself into a better person. Deciding to forgot about the harsh lessons he had to learn in ep 13-18 to get to this point defeats whole purpose of what he's becoming now.

Wasn't that already established back in Arc 2, that he's weak and needs help from others in order to achieve his goals? What is the point of repeating the same exact thing and coming to the very same conclusion we, as the audience, and, Subaru as a character already have concluded during an earlier Act?
Nayrael said:
rorimoe said:

I mean how can he offered that much about forming an allience even without the clown and Emilia consent. He worked as a butler and really is a guest of Crusch, talking about priviledge and position, I think Its kind of strange that he offered anything that does not in his possession like mining rights without being det3cted. Did it mentioned that he somehow got the priviledge to make such deal or he just blatantly fool Crusch to use her power to crush the whale? And Crusch ability is not perfect (like Rem can detect Subaru lies that even Crusch can not?)

And I also find it strange because Crusch Mansion have guards, and a lot of people that served her, how can Anastashia and that guy entered without them noticing Crusch immediately and have a chance to interrupt to make the deal possible?

These are little detail but I'd love to learn about.

Again, it is a crisis. If Subaru is right, he has the right to make any negotiations to save his liege and people from torture and death. The priority of the boss is to survive, everything else comes after and can be taken care of after. If Subaru is wrong, then the deal means nothing and Crusch is getting nothing.

Unless Anastasia comes walking in with an army, she is no threat. This is probably why she did not have that kitten with her: the kitten would not be allowed in without Crusch's consent and was probably waiting outside. Anastasia was in more danger than Crusch was, tbh.

Even in times of crisis, you're still liable to demands or worse, extortion by those that helped you in times of need, and with these highly valuable stones, a conflict is certain to rise caused by someone who is in no position to negotiate or is a represantative of that Lord's domain, a handshake won't seal a deal, just as the German reunification negotiations didn't seal the deal with NATOs expansion towards the Russian border(Two-Plus-Four Treaty).

Lets get even more hypothetical and say that Roswaal doesn't recognise Subaru as someone who is represantative of Roswaals' domain and declines to give Crusch and Anastasia access to the mine, so what happens from here on out?

Edit; And once again, another great closing scene, just as the one in episode 15.
Aug 7, 2016 4:02 PM

Oct 2013
Next episode will be bomb, but shoot, I'm just worried about the Witch's Cult. Of course Subaru and Rem probably have something planned. I'm guessing the alliance will help out with the Witch's Cult; on top of that, if everyone does defeat the White Whale, I guess there will be a feeling of debt to Subaru (even with the conditions of the deal) which he can probably channel against the Witch's Cult
Pages (18) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

2078 by NicoIsCool »»
Yesterday, 1:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2016

1835 by Pruzkumak »»
Sep 24, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2016

513 by ionelHeredia »»
Sep 23, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

793 by cibertopia »»
Sep 21, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2016

767 by OverThedge_32 »»
Sep 19, 1:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.