Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Aug 7, 2016 1:37 PM

Nov 2011
Holy shit what a good episode!! :D
Aug 7, 2016 1:40 PM

Sep 2015
Killuan said:
I keep telling myself Rem can't get anymore perfect, and I'm proven wrong every single time.

Perfect wife material just saying.

Rem is love Rem is life ;)
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Aug 7, 2016 1:41 PM

Jan 2016
Finally Subaru is back on track. That fucking talk in the last one was seriously needed for him before he was getting more nuts.
Not sure i feel as much hate everyone else has to subaru xD but this is insane,Like rem too but,yeah,.. sure like something to happen between Rem n Subaru, like a kiss or something idk. Anyway, really like this episode, and an episode with no subaru death , man that was a while!

This end tho with the Ringtone got me so bad xD , but man as subaru and rem went riding out first! Hype train!!
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Aug 7, 2016 1:42 PM

Mar 2011
GuidedCursor said:
Javyer said:
Anyone knows the name of the cellphone music?

There you go.

Thanks for: the ringtone and the anime. :)
I remember watching this when I was a kid.... I really loved this anime.
--
That was a very very decent episode, I love it so much!
Aug 7, 2016 1:44 PM

Apr 2014
daze3x said:
Crusch definitely the best candidate and i think my best girl in this show. She is a fucking badass
This. Rem is fine but her constant Subaru dick-sucking is starting to get old. I love Crusch's mature charm and strong will.
Aug 7, 2016 1:48 PM
Jun 2016
rorimoe said:
Someone please tell me, It could be the result of a rush, but how can Subaru make a deal on the name of Roswald and Emilia? Even talk about mining magical stones like he owned these and the lies detector did not work? He is just guest and how can he make a deal that big, and how Anastashi entered Crusch masion so easy, even overheard the conversation?.

Nayrael said:
In times of crisis, such deals are acceptable. *snips*

Not sure if this has been answered, but the anime did left out this part (and a few other details).

urishinoAug 7, 2016 1:51 PM
Aug 7, 2016 1:48 PM

Feb 2013
Could you imagine if the White Whale didn't show up? That woulda been hella awkward. That didn't happen though since it seems the series is done shitting on Subaru's efforts for now.

One thing seems kind of off though. Isn't the White Whale supposed to wipe its victims from everyone's collective memory? Then why is Wilhelm's wife still remembered? Why are any of its victims still remembered?

Hatsuyuki said:
You wanna tell me Subaru's cellphone battery lasted through all these events ? What the fuck is he using, nokia, plot armor ?????

I imagine he doesn't keep his phone on at all hours to save energy.
gedataAug 7, 2016 2:01 PM
Aug 7, 2016 1:52 PM
Jul 2016
It seems some people simply don't understand that a cellphone can be turned off if not being used? We can have a cellphone being turned off for a month and then turned it on again with still a lot of battery, moreover old type cellphones can last for much longer than new generation smartphones. Subaru never need to use his cellphone so it's normal to think he only turned it on a couple of time.
Aug 7, 2016 1:52 PM
Jul 2016
for some reason, I felt good seeing the veteran knights join the force to defeat Moby Dick... shit, I mean "the white whale"
Aug 7, 2016 1:53 PM

Jul 2015
It's been a while since I last posted something, but Re:Zero makes me want to discuss it

Another amazing episode (it literally gave me goosebumps). It seems the story is starting to pick up a positive turn again after the past few episodes ending in a horribly dramatic way. Our poor MC has gone trough a lot.

See you next week!

Aug 7, 2016 1:54 PM

Sep 2015
Great as usual , Subaru is very interesting - Crusch is interesting too , Rem is nice
Aug 7, 2016 1:55 PM

Jan 2008
I'm not sure if it was asked/answered in the previous pages but why is it that those veteran soldiers and the butler guy can remember those killed by the whale? During the part where Subaru ran into it the first time, all those who 'disappeared', assumed killed/eaten by it since Sloth said it was Gluttony, were forgotten. What was different between those who died during the event with Subaru and the ones who died other times?
Aug 7, 2016 1:58 PM

Mar 2011
Seriously I can't stop rewinding and replaying again and again the ending!
Well planned
Great suspension
Best music
Amazing animation
JUST MARVELOUS :D !
Aug 7, 2016 1:58 PM
Nov 2013
Burger-Meister said:
Best episode since Rem's arc ended. Primarily because it wasn't edgelord crap and it didn't have Subaru crying all the damn time.

If the rest of the show manages to maintain this level of quality it may have the chance of ending with a good score. I can't give it a really high score though because, like I said, I thought that a lot of this arc was awful aside from this episode, but still.

Nah, it's been great the whole time. Just cause you can't handle emotianally stressful scenes doesn't mean the show failed at all. All of that was necessary to make the current events as impactful as they now are.
crystalblade13Aug 7, 2016 2:09 PM
Aug 7, 2016 2:00 PM

Aug 2016
QcK_Dagger_HeaT said:
Jagd84 said:

Christ people, it's a battery powered flip-phone and not a smartphone. Those things can last a month without any use.

The Nokia plot armor is REAL ;)

@Jagd84
just gonna leave this to power up the proof
An Account that support Masterpiece Anime that being Underrated by Childish MAL users
Aug 7, 2016 2:02 PM
Jul 2016
Cryarc said:
It seems some people simply don't understand that a cellphone can be turned off if not being used? We can have a cellphone being turned off for a month and then turned it on again with still a lot of battery, moreover old type cellphones can last for much longer than new generation smartphones. Subaru never need to use his cellphone so it's normal to think he only turned it on a couple of time.

Because people are starving to criticize something.
Aug 7, 2016 2:02 PM

Jul 2016
The Rem vs ground dragon rivalry was hilarious!
Oh Rem.. :3

Next episode: shit gets real!

‏‏‎ ‎

「‏‏‎ artist‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ don't forget to wear your‏‏‎ mask‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ 」
Aug 7, 2016 2:04 PM
Jul 2016
crystalblade13 said:
Burger-Meister said:
Best episode since Rem's arc ended. Primarily because it wasn't edgelord crap and it didn't have Subaru crying all the damn time.

If the rest of the show manages to maintain this level of quality it may have the chance of ending with a good score. I can't give it a really high score though because, like I said, I thought that a lot of this arc was awful aside from this episode, but still.

Nah, it's been great the whole time. Just cause you can't handle emotianally stressful scenes doesn't mean the show fail at all. All of that was necessary to make the current events as impactful as they now are.

I've stopped taking haters' criticism of this show seriously. Every criticism they've had with the anime clearly wasn't there to begin with. So they're:
A) Desperate to criticize something.
B) Have forgotten many of the stuff from the previous episodes due to the weekly releases.
C) Haven't actually fully watched all the episodes.
Aug 7, 2016 2:05 PM

Dec 2014
crystalblade13 said:
Burger-Meister said:

Nah, it's been great the whole time. Just cause you can't handle emotianally stressful scenes doesn't mean the show fail at all. All of that was necessary to make the current events as impactful as they now are.

The reason I didn't like those episodes isn't because it was emotionally stressful, it was because Subaru's whining annoyed the hell out of me, and that it dragged on way longer than it should've lasted.
Aug 7, 2016 2:10 PM
Dec 2015
Burger-Meister said:
crystalblade13 said:

The reason I didn't like those episodes isn't because it was emotionally stressful, it was because Subaru's whining annoyed the hell out of me, and that it dragged on way longer than it should've lasted.

Don't worry if this show has a second season, Subaru will forget all the lessons he's learnt to and whine more probably dying 4-5 times before someone gives him a prep talk and we can do this all over again.
Aug 7, 2016 2:10 PM

Mar 2011
Burger-Meister said:
crystalblade13 said:

I myself had to skip few scenes. Shift+right works very nicely in VLC....
Aug 7, 2016 2:14 PM

Dec 2014
Subaru again made an epic come back...guy is the best......... It's fun watching Rem chemistry with him
Aug 7, 2016 2:16 PM
Nov 2013
Burger-Meister said:
crystalblade13 said:

Sure he whined, but was that bad writing? Wouldn't you whine if you had seen everyone you love die over and over, in addition to dying over and over yourself. In addition to having mental instability issues, and in addition to no one believing you?

It's fine and it paved the way for him to have the character development he needed. Plus, it's cool to see a main character who doesn't have everything go his way and who has to make tough choices, and who isn't always right.
Aug 7, 2016 2:16 PM

Aug 2016
also this

http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/id-974848/long-cellphone-battery-unused.html

"you'll notice that they have an expiration date on them. Usually though the expiration date is quite a few years away, so in theory, they could still work 10 years later. "

The Author Did some research before starting the series, this isn't some half-assed Light Novel.
An Account that support Masterpiece Anime that being Underrated by Childish MAL users
Aug 7, 2016 2:17 PM

Apr 2013
latest episode was good in a more obvious way, it's gonna be an awesome fight next time
but I've been wondering about a few things, is Wilhelm Reinhard's father or some cousin, and the bigger one, if Whale eats Wilhelm, will Reinhard disappear?
Aug 7, 2016 2:19 PM

Dec 2014
ok it amzes how the thread of this anime fills up so quickly
Aug 7, 2016 2:19 PM
Jan 2013
It's a fantasy series and now we are debating cell phone battery. ayyy
Aug 7, 2016 2:21 PM

Nov 2015
Lol @ Rem and that dragon! The rington was perfect lmaoooo. Next episode is titled

Aug 7, 2016 2:21 PM
Feb 2016
Stark700 said:

I can't help but also lol @ Rem's little rivalry:

This was the best part. Rem is so cute.

I am also happy to see Subaru so eloquent while negotiating compared to episode 16 - well done Sir.

I am really hyped @ next episode's battle royal xD

***Maybe Subaru is Pride?***
Aug 7, 2016 2:22 PM
Jan 2014
At first I thought Wilhelm was witch related because he could remember his wife even though she was killed by the White Whale, but then a bunch of other guys remembered their family members too. I'm confused lol xD Great episode as always though.
Aug 7, 2016 2:24 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
I like how Subaru's voice actor is talented enough to keep the clearly pained/forced-cheerful voice of Subaru during the episode. You can clearly *hear* (and see due to facial expressions) that he is still not fully recovered from the past experience.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 7, 2016 2:27 PM
Jul 2016
crystalblade13 said:
Burger-Meister said:

Sure he whined, but was that bad writing? Wouldn't you whine if you had seen everyone you love die over and over, in addition to dying over and over yourself. In addition to having mental instability issues, and in addition to no one believing you?

It's fine and it paved the way for him to have the character development he needed. Plus, it's cool to see a main character who doesn't have everything go his way and who has to make tough choices, and who isn't always right.

I just remembered today what we've all forgotten: All the, "friends dying" scenario was introduced in arc 1, but back then, Subaru hadn't developed any actual attachment to them.
Same with when Rem died in ep 7, Subaru's feelings towards her kinda stopped, hence why his reaction was more akin to shock.
It was ep 15 when he truly saw people he got attached to dead.
Aug 7, 2016 2:27 PM
Jul 2016
_Kazuma-Kun said:
Stark700 said:

I can't help but also lol @ Rem's little rivalry:

I am also happy to see Subaru so eloquent while negotiating compared to episode 16 - well done Sir.

Yeah, ep 16 gave him info. Really freaking helped.
Aug 7, 2016 2:30 PM
Jul 2018
Paul said:
I'm not sure if it was asked/answered in the previous pages but why is it that those veteran soldiers and the butler guy can remember those killed by the whale? During the part where Subaru ran into it the first time, all those who 'disappeared', assumed killed/eaten by it since Sloth said it was Gluttony, were forgotten. What was different between those who died during the event with Subaru and the ones who died other times?

I was wondering the same thing while watching it, maybe those soldiers weren't eaten? I think only if someone is eaten by the whale that he/she whole existence disappear.
Maybe some soldiers (and the wife) were just crush by it? Hopefully we get some clarification on that next episode.
Aug 7, 2016 2:30 PM

May 2015
That ringtone legitimately gave me the chills, especially when the whale appeared....

Fucking great build-up in this episode, and finally Subaru is back to normal again. SO MUCH HYPE FOR THE NEXT EPISODE.

Aug 7, 2016 2:31 PM

Sep 2013
The cellphone alarm was an AMAZING touch by the directors.
Signature removed. Bro, can you please follow the signature rules? How many times do I have to tell you, 300kb MAX. You know we don't have the server space for your giant ass gifs. Site & Forum Guidelines (read them dumbass).
Aug 7, 2016 2:32 PM

Aug 2015

Pet ground dragon kun vs Rem? Who's the best girl?
Cast your vote now...

I vote for pet kun. ( sorry :s)

Re: Did Subaru just turned from a Retard into a nice guy?? Holy shit! That's an 180 personality flip with 0 development.!!!
Oh well, I guess I can't complain about much anyway
Aug 7, 2016 2:33 PM
Aug 2015
I was really hoping for the whale not to appear, everyone would hate Subaru to death..
Aug 7, 2016 2:35 PM
Feb 2016
Buck_Wade said:
_Kazuma-Kun said:

I am happy to see he learned from his past mistakes.
Aug 7, 2016 2:36 PM
Jul 2016
_Kazuma-Kun said:
Buck_Wade said:

I am happy to see he learned from his past mistakes.

If anyone has actually been paying attention or remembered everything that's happened, then the character has been learning from his mistakes since ep 1.
Aug 7, 2016 2:41 PM

Mar 2016
Pretty good episode. Crusch is cool, I can see her being one of my favorite characters for this series. Also, I'd vote for her to be king.

I effing loved the the ringtone scene. It was perfect.

I'm hyped to see them take on the White Whale. I just hope they don't all die & Subaru has to start all over again lol.
Aug 7, 2016 2:41 PM
Jun 2016
Z-Dante said:

Cast your vote now...

Re: Did Subaru just turned from a Retard into a nice guy?? Holy shit! That's an 180 personality flip with 0 development.!!!

Zero development? Oh man, what have you been watching the past few weeks? Perhaps you need to go and re watch them.
Aug 7, 2016 2:46 PM
Jul 2016
Bananaoranges said:
Z-Dante said:

Cast your vote now...

Zero development? Oh man, what have you been watching the past few weeks? Perhaps you need to go and re watch them.

From what I've read from haters, they don't pay attention to anything, desperate to criticize something, or completely forgot past episodes. I love arguments that make absolutely no sense!
Aug 7, 2016 2:52 PM
Aug 2016
Jagd84 said:
Hatsuyuki said:
You wanna tell me Subaru's cellphone battery lasted through all these events ? What the fuck is he using, nokia, plot armor ?????

alpha_shadow said:
The fact that his cell still had some battery left seems like a bunch of bull to me but whatever, Re:Zero isn't the most intelligent series.

Christ people, it's a battery powered flip-phone and not a smartphone. Those things can last a month without any use.

It's quite plausible that the phone still has battery left in it considering how many times we have seen him use it assuming he had it off when not using it.
Aug 7, 2016 2:56 PM

Mar 2010
Paul said:

These are survivors from the from last White Whale subjugation that didn't get erased or killed.

Buck_Wade said:
crystalblade13 said:

I've stopped taking haters' criticism of this show seriously. Every criticism they've had with the anime clearly wasn't there to begin with. So they're:
A) Desperate to criticize something.
B) Have forgotten many of the stuff from the previous episodes due to the weekly releases.
C) Haven't actually fully watched all the episodes.

This.
Aug 7, 2016 2:56 PM

Dec 2014
HoboInYourAttic said:
Jagd84 said:

It's quite plausible that the phone still has battery left in it considering how many times we have seen him use it assuming he had it off when not using it.

Leave the plot hole alone their can be many theories to explain this,,,,,,,
Maybe his phone was solar powered
Aug 7, 2016 2:57 PM

Mar 2010
Erebus25 said:
latest episode was good in a more obvious way, it's gonna be an awesome fight next time
but I've been wondering about a few things, is Wilhelm Reinhard's father or some cousin, and the bigger one, if Whale eats Wilhelm, will Reinhard disappear?

I suppose this counts as minor spoiler: Wilhelm is his grandfather.

Dec 2012
Yeah ! Subaru is back ! At the end, the tension was at its peak. The build-up through the episode was impressive and I was afraid that the whale didn't come. I need to download that ringtone and rewatch this last scene. Very very good episode.
Jan 2013
Better... but need future eps to release faster~

Jul 2014
it's been so long we saw an episode without any despair from Subaru, 6 episodes left :(, but i am pretty sure it's worth for second season...
Pages (18) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

2078 by NicoIsCool »»
Yesterday, 1:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2016

1835 by Pruzkumak »»
Sep 24, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2016

513 by ionelHeredia »»
Sep 23, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

793 by cibertopia »»
Sep 21, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2016

767 by OverThedge_32 »»
Sep 19, 1:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.