Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 15, 2016 6:51 PM

Sep 2011
Zefyris said:
that negotiation scene was really shortened. the military was far more cautious than that in the novels, and it was a good chance to see how much they thought out the whole thing. Oh well.

Then they skipped the scene with Ikuta sleeping with a milf in the hotel as well. Looks like they want to make ikuta as a perverted virgin in the anime?
I guess that fits what anime watchers like...

anything else was fine, liked it. Probably partially because I appreciate the characters already by having read the novels, but still.

If anything I think it is the exact opposite. Normally anime viewers want the lewd garbage, but in this case they are veering away from his perverted nature in general. I haven't read the source and I'm only judging based on the two episodes that are out, but for a series about a perverted main character they have completely steered clear of the perversion outside of the boat scene in the first episode. I like it more this way as it seems to be sticking to the story over the "plot".

With that said I am quite happy with the series so far. The story is somewhat entertaining and the execution isn't bad. The characters are all pretty subpar for the most part with the exception of Ikuta who is slightly better than average. It seems like they just got over "Introduction Hill" and things will hopefully start rolling next week.
Jul 15, 2016 7:56 PM
Dec 2010
I do have a question for anyone who cares to answer: Given that Ikta was forced into this situation, what possible incentive is there for him to WANT to do well?

I'd think he'd try his very best to get away with doing nothing at all. It's Yatori who would push herself to becoming the best because of everything (her family, her supreme loyalty towards the Empire, etc).

I looked into the manga wiki a bit and it shows that Ikta progresses up the ranks. My question is, why? While he can't probably get away with doing absolutely nothing, him doing the absolute minimum, if only to rebel against being forced into this position, would be very reasonable.

Also, to the person who interpreted the encounter as Yatori bringing him back and her agreeing with him thus letting him talk....I disagree. I think you're trying to whitewash it too much. Most likely she was in shock that he would actually try to physically threaten Chamille. I personally think that if it came down to it, her friendship with Ikta would mean nothing and she'd cut him down immediately. The theme has been very much that once the Princess and royalty was involved that her loyalty is completely with them instead of Ikta. This is not the first time she's threatened him, after all.

I think Ikta is more understanding of her loyalty because it's everything she's ever dreamed of but it certainly does not seem like a two-way street when it comes to the Empire.

ZikarnKraisJul 15, 2016 8:03 PM
Jul 15, 2016 7:56 PM

Dec 2007
Amyltia said:
I love the show so far!
Yatori and Ikta are indeed pretty close and (I probably overinterprete it) but I like to think that if Ikta isn't botherred at all by Yatori shutting him up is because I trusts her to stop him, he relies on her so he doesn't have to worry about going to far since he know she's here for him and will stop him. And since she let him talk she probably agree with what he says at least a little : a complementary relationship. (Yea I'm definitely overseeing it...)

Yep this is mostly how i percive it too. It seems that they grown up together so they are like familly or siblings and she knew his father and mother too? So he trust her completly and she is able to understand him.

I would add about princess...as it was said...she is acting her age...it seems she has her eyes on Ikta so wanted to know everything about him so she could get closer...but she just does not understand what that all meant for him or maybe just noone told her so. Even if she is acting sometimes about here age she is still royalty and young 12y old girl so i think its ok. By interacting with outside world and with Ikta and others she will change.

PS: But still shame that Ikta does not looks more like they presented him in LN. Would liked him more. Madhouse heh....
SalathielJul 15, 2016 8:09 PM
[center]If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.
Jul 15, 2016 8:16 PM

Mar 2015
Ep 2.

Excellent episode! Ikta demonstrated that he knew Yatorishino quite well and knew what she would do. He played a good gambit: people generally see what they expect to see. If the Republic is a repressive regime its not surprising that the officer at the bridge prioritized not getting in trouble over sticking to the letter of duty.

I liked how they showed the usually calm, easy going Torway having issues when he finally had to kill someone. He overcame his reaction just enough to function, which is all you can ask of a soldier.

The Princess is twelve, and I am pleased to see she is actually more interested in learning than posing. She seems to already have a good ground level grasp of politics and she has displayed the courage to act and stand. Whether she realizes it I'd say she is definitely developing an attraction to Ikta. Now this may go no farther than great respect, or it may become love, requited or no. Time will tell.

Quite a bit of world building we've been given and without much exposition. Well done!
The sword that takes life gives life
Jul 15, 2016 8:48 PM

Jun 2013
Im really enjoying this so far, probably in the top 5 of the season for me thus far
Jul 15, 2016 8:49 PM

Jan 2012
Zantius said:
antonn said:

No use trying to reason with them. People see what they want to see no matter how delusional it is.

It's just a matter of perspective. Not sure how that constitutes delusional but ok.

Yeah, as I said I get why she does what she does, but it doesn't make her any less of an unlikable bitch in my eyes. To this point anyway.
Jul 15, 2016 9:39 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I feel bad for those three Kioka Soldiers.

I like how Ikta's relatives are actually (in)famous people in the empire, as opposed as what I've thought before.

The scene at the Emperor's Throne Room is amazing, the emperor and his imperial guards look intimidating and cool.

This is one of the better anime this season

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jul 15, 2016 10:03 PM
Oct 2010
Le_Flemard said:
GD1551 said:
Was decent, story seems to be your typical Empire vs Republic business though, but I hope they take it a bit further than most shows tend to do. I do actually like the political game the empire played with the Eastern section, it was pretty craft.

Sorry to say it, but this is the last we seen of the republic in the LN (not counting what is completely skipped in the anime), but the aftermath of the general is not finished tho and will have an impact in the next episodes.
What you must wait for is the northern arc, which show Ikta's ability and network.

Really? I figured the republic and the emperor would be the main antagonists in this. Is this a slow burner or what? If it is I think I can put it on hold and watch eps in batches.
Jul 15, 2016 10:28 PM
Dec 2007
This episode received the Yang Wenli seal of approval.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 15, 2016 10:33 PM

Dec 2013
I did not expect this show to drop the ball so hard with it's pacing after they crossed the bridge.
We were here, and then there, and then 1 month later already.
Then we got a flash back with a bunch of information that was thrown out of their asses.
Lastly we got characterization for Ikuta, which was nice but...the episode felt disjointed.
Jul 15, 2016 10:50 PM
Jul 2016
[quote=GD1551 message=46941098]
Le_Flemard said:

Really? I figured the republic and the emperor would be the main antagonists in this. Is this a slow burner or what? If it is I think I can put it on hold and watch eps in batches.

Hibbington said:
I did not expect this show to drop the ball so hard with it's pacing after they crossed the bridge.
We were here, and then there, and then 1 month later already.
Then we got a flash back with a bunch of information that was thrown out of their asses.
Lastly we got characterization for Ikuta, which was nice but...the episode felt disjointed.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
ShockedJul 17, 2016 11:58 PM
Jul 15, 2016 10:54 PM
Jan 2016
Shirasho said:
Zefyris said:
that negotiation scene was really shortened. the military was far more cautious than that in the novels, and it was a good chance to see how much they thought out the whole thing. Oh well.

Then they skipped the scene with Ikuta sleeping with a milf in the hotel as well. Looks like they want to make ikuta as a perverted virgin in the anime?

anything else was fine, liked it. Probably partially because I appreciate the characters already by having read the novels, but still.

If anything I think it is the exact opposite. Normally anime viewers want the lewd garbage, but in this case they are veering away from his perverted nature in general. I haven't read the source and I'm only judging based on the two episodes that are out, but for a series about a perverted main character they have completely steered clear of the perversion outside of the boat scene in the first episode. I like it more this way as it seems to be sticking to the story over the "plot".

With that said I am quite happy with the series so far. The story is somewhat entertaining and the execution isn't bad. The characters are all pretty subpar for the most part with the exception of Ikuta who is slightly better than average. It seems like they just got over "Introduction Hill" and things will hopefully start rolling next week.

I disagree. You see, in the manga(and I assume the LN too) it is clearly shown, that Ikta is not your typical virgin perverted MC. He actually you know... has sex. With women. And that is a HUGE difference between him and your typical MC. He's not the type of guy who talks about how he loves girls but then chickens out when he actually sees one. And in my opinion that completely changes how he feels as a character. And it's not like his perversion is that big a part of his character. If anything, he doesn't act on it all that much, it's a bit more like a part of his backstory than an ongoing thing. Also, if they don't mention that, then that's gonna make his relations with a character that is to appear later a bit strange.
Jul 15, 2016 11:25 PM
Jul 2016
Askorti said:
Shirasho said:

I disagree. You see, in the manga(and I assume the LN too) it is clearly shown, that Ikta is not your typical virgin perverted MC. He actually you know... has sex. With women. And that is a HUGE difference between him and your typical MC. He's not the type of guy who talks about how he loves girls but then chickens out when he actually sees one. And in my opinion that completely changes how he feels as a character. And it's not like his perversion is that big a part of his character. If anything, he doesn't act on it all that much, it's a bit more like a part of his backstory than an ongoing thing. Also, if they don't mention that, then that's gonna make his relations with a character that is to appear later a bit strange.

Yeah, if that "reunion" scene don't involve "that" backstory, Ikta's character and actions would make no sense.
Le_FlemardJul 16, 2016 12:44 AM
Jul 16, 2016 12:37 AM
Jun 2013
Good episode. But if Ikta's really smart, he will ditch Yatori and the empire. It's absolutely pointless wasting your life fighting corrupted and idiotic leaders, especially it seems like they're the ones who fuck up his family. It's funny how he yelled at the general but he's doing the exact same thing. At least the battle and tactics seem well thought-out, so hopefully it doesn't dwell too much on the drama.
Jul 16, 2016 12:57 AM
Jul 2016
mangacomic said:
Good episode. But if Ikta's really smart, he will ditch Yatori and the empire. It's absolutely pointless wasting your life fighting corrupted and idiotic leaders, especially it seems like they're the ones who fuck up his family. It's funny how he yelled at the general but he's doing the exact same thing. At least the battle and tactics seem well thought-out, so hopefully it doesn't dwell too much on the drama.

Whereas corrupted officers will send soldier to their deaths by following the traditional Waterloo style firing line, Ikta's strategy follow the principle of doing the least necessary while keeping sacrifice at the minimum, he will never fight in a loosing battle. Thus the title of "lazy general".

Also Ikta doesn't despise military, he despise corrupted leaders who send troops to their deaths, which include a large group of nobility. Chamille's tantrum hit his nerve due to how she wanted the impossible. And he clearly say he has an Oedipus complex (thus his grip on the princess).

For Yatori, tis the last we see her stopping Ikta if I remember correctly. Ikta and Yatori is a bit more complex than just "keeping tabs on Ikta", they are VERY good friend and each one count on the other to stop him/her if they lose their cool.
Jul 16, 2016 2:22 AM

May 2010
Ikuta needs to grow up, for someone who worry about status doing a great job at trying to make it worse. Cleaver but not smart enough to use it, just complain.
Jul 16, 2016 2:32 AM

Dec 2013
So refreshing to see an MC forced into accepting a position that he earned but does not particularly want.
I was looking forward to the milfs that LN readers had said would show up though. As of this moment, Ikta's only been interacting with kids and brazenly yelling at adults. Definitely would have loved to see more than just that dynamic.

In any case, looking forward to the next episode.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 16, 2016 2:39 AM
Jun 2013
Le_Flemard said:
mangacomic said:

Whereas corrupted officers will send soldier to their deaths by following the traditional Waterloo style firing line, Ikta's strategy follow the principle of doing the least necessary while keeping sacrifice at the minimum, he will never fight in a loosing battle. Thus the title of "lazy general".

Also Ikta doesn't despise military, he despise corrupted leaders who send troops to their deaths, which include a large group of nobility. Chamille's tantrum hit his nerve due to how she wanted the impossible. And he clearly say he has an Oedipus complex (thus his grip on the princess).

For Yatori, tis the last we see her stopping Ikta if I remember correctly. Ikta and Yatori is a bit more complex than just "keeping tabs on Ikta", they are VERY good friend and each one count on the other to stop him/her if they lose their cool.

That's the stupid part. A smart person would do everything in his power to avoid serving stupid corrupted leaders and die in vain. One way is by becoming an asylum seeker and that seems to be an option as the enemy soldier said in this episode. But, of course, after saying all those bad things about the empire, he eventually just goes along with it. Like, how about actually take action instead of just being all emo about it. Granted, this is fictional, so eventually he will be the glorious hero as the plot armor help him along. In real life, though, they tend to just die in battle and be forgotten.
Jul 16, 2016 2:53 AM

Apr 2013
Shirasho said:
Zefyris said:

The scene when he slept with her wasn't lewd. Not even a single little bit. We're seeing that he was sleeping with her, but no actually sex scene nor anything. T hey kept his sexual harassment of Haro, but not that. Which bring the -temporary- conclusion I wrote above.
There is no ecchi scene in those novels anyway.

ZikarnKrais said:
I do have a question for anyone who cares to answer: Given that Ikta was forced into this situation, what possible incentive is there for him to WANT to do well?

Keeping his troops, his friends, and himself alive and well as much as possible. This is war. Doing badly means being killed or having the responsibility of your soldiers being killed.
ZefyrisJul 16, 2016 2:56 AM
Jul 16, 2016 3:40 AM

Sep 2010
I started to really like the story. Time to hop on the LN train.
Jul 16, 2016 3:56 AM

Oct 2013
Another good episode, I'm liking Ikta a lot and he seems badass in his own way. As an anime-only viewer, it doesn't feel rushed. I wonder how many volumes are they planning to adapt.
Jul 16, 2016 4:19 AM
Jun 2015
From what I understand from Yatori and Ikta relationship from novel, Yatori is pretty much the one holding back Ikta from crossing the line, so that way Ikta would not be condemned as an enemy and be forced to put down. Also, Ikta let her do those things anyway cause he knows she doesn't want to be the one to hunt him down because of his "blasphemy" toward others.
Jul 16, 2016 4:19 AM

Jul 2015
This feels way rushed, the pacing is so quick it makes everything awkward. One moment they're behind enemy lines, the next they're at the imperial palace and then a flashback to some general etc.

It's a shame because the animation and drawings look great. The story and setting seems like they would be good if only given a chance to grow.
Jul 16, 2016 5:52 AM

Apr 2012
Good Stuff.
Digging the Ikta x Yatori relationship. Good thing the punches to the gut are only at the beginning. Suffice to say I shit the heck out of these two.

Still getting used to the art style.
The Art of Shipping is no mere game. It can be small skirmishes to huge nation size wars.
Of course some will claim their ship is the BATTLESHIP but they all do. This is why battles occur because of factions fighting each other to justify their favourite ship.
And thus SHIP to SHIP combat occurs almost anytime even now.
Beware, Threading into the Shipping battlefield will be bloody.... What are you waiting for?
Jul 16, 2016 6:27 AM
Mar 2013
since i disliked yatori i tried reading the manga and now i like her a bit more
Jul 16, 2016 7:11 AM

May 2012
ANother good episode. I hope it is 2 cour long
Jul 16, 2016 7:28 AM

May 2015
Well damn, Sorouku is in my opinion one of the most interesting characters so far. I hope we get to learn more about him. Can't say I'm a big fan of Igsem, though.

Solid episode.

Jul 16, 2016 8:13 AM

Jul 2008
komic said:
looking at the setting and stuff, our heroes are essentially on the wrong side.

We only saw the Imperial side and a few Republican soldiers. The fact that a republic is on expansionist spree should trigger some red flags. The country is a Dictatorship or a mock-democracy for all we know right now. Not to mention that all but one of the characters are fighting for their people and supporting a foreign invader is near to never a good thing.

Though I do agree that Ikta should be on their side if he hates the Imperial family that much and if they caused him harm. Even the "it's his nation" argument doesn't hold water seeing as his mother is from the Republic. So either something is keeping him here, he hates the Republic even more or somehow he just did not realize that he is skill enough to get over the border.

Zantius said:
Hmm so my feelings about this show has gone up a bit since last week. I'm starting to get into it but as of right now...I hate Yatori. She comes off as one of those characters that will have your back one second but immediately do something against you for the sake of kissing ass of a noble or someone of higher position the next. I kinda hate those character types but at least it creates the drama dynamic of it all.

-Stray said:
Yeap Ikta continues to be the best character, actually he's the only likable character thus far, Yatori on the other hand, hoping a time comes that Ikta fcking strangle that bitch, no one gets off talking shit to my dead mother and gets away with it, hoping he woulda told Yatori that he'd fcking strangle her too if she gets in his way but yeah most of the anime/novel stories its always the girl thats more powerful/stronger than the main guy so there's that, Ikta would just get manhandled over and over these coming episodes, a small price to pay to enjoy Ikta's antics.

Dear Lord, some here would get themselves killed on the first day of their time-traveling trip. IKTA LEGALLY DESERVES A DEATH SENTENCE FOR JUST SAYING HE WOULD STRANGLE HER, YET ALONE PUTTING HIS HANDS ON HER. If he killed her, he would be tortured and all his family and friends might get executed as well. If Yatori hadn't intervened and a soldier passed the carriage while he is touching the Princess, even the Princess couldn't save him anymore. Heck, even the Emperor couldn't do it if he wanted (which he of course wouldn't but we are talking theoretically here).
His scene with the General was no different. He had damn good fortune that the General was a rare hero. Anyone else would have him court martialed with the populace informed that there were only four heroes with fifth being erased from histor (and stuck in a dungeon somewhere).

Seriously, I'm giving my best to not say a direct insult. Yatori is the only thing keeping him alive. She is not doing it to kiss someone's ass, she is doing it all for him FFS.

FragOutFire said:
her standing by the pillar listening in to the conversation at the end, looking remorseful is the show saying like, "ah, isn't she sympathetic?" which is bizarre because like no, not even a little bit. I wouldn't mind if she was a cold-blooded backstabber, that's actually kind of cool. I hope they don't try to make her sympathetic anymore

I bet the Princess doesn't care much, even if she does feel some remorse, and she wouldn't change her decision even if she could. Looking at the OP and with this episode revealing that she has some dark goals, I'm pretty sure she did all this so she could make him a General and use his skills for her own ambitions.

ZikarnKrais said:
It's the 'best friend' who's putting her loyalty above any years of friendship she had with Ikta. So, fuck her and hope she dies ingloriously.

Indeed, friends are the ones who stand aside silent and watch you jump into your death! They may even feel some remorse while they watch your public execution, how nice of them! With friends like these, who needs enemies? :D
Jul 16, 2016 8:16 AM
Dec 2010
komic said:

ZikarnKrais said:
It's the 'best friend' who's putting her loyalty above any years of friendship she had with Ikta. So, fuck her and hope she dies ingloriously.

Indeed, friends are the ones who stand aside silent and watch you jump into your death! They may even feel some remorse while they watch your public execution, how nice of them! With friends like these, who needs enemies? :D

Except....there's quite a difference between "Calm the fuck down, Ikta" and pulling him back and "If you do that, I'll kill you myself". The first I could see as being a friend. The second? Way hazier, as she's saying that she'll be the executioner herself. And is very much an explicit threat.

And honestly? That would be pretty awesome, actually. Ikta being executed in the first episode or so and how Yatori lives with it afterwards. Either in not being able to stop him or watching her (so-called) friend die. Especially if she's forced into command position and only manages to get her troops and friends killed.

Zefyris said:

ZikarnKrais said:

Keeping his troops, his friends, and himself alive and well as much as possible. This is war. Doing badly means being killed or having the responsibility of your soldiers being killed.

Ah....too soft-hearted for his own good then. Because unless he's in command of his friends personally, I don't see him being lazy being a problem. And I would say fuck the troops. Their lives don't matter, him doing the minimum is not a problem there. But then again, we did have this whole scene of him remembering the soldiers' names and all. Pity that, I guess, he's definitely not meant for war.

I do start to wonder though if that was set as a plot point precisely so that you can't have him slacking off and doing nothing. Debating if the author is hamstringing him there deliberately. Certainly would make sense because otherwise, what incentive, as I mentioned, is there to do anything?

And he won't even have the 'unconscious brilliance' or whatever that he shines despite his best efforts. He's shown to have pretty good intrigue. Really, if he really tried, he could get away with showing that he's not at all good at anything regarding command, no matter what the fuck Yatori says.

Interesting plot point would be if Yatori has him beaten by the soldiers in order to 'incentivize' him to do his best. Kicking off one of those "I'll be better than anyone else so as to not be hurt again", and would also show Yatori's loyalty yet again and how she would see it as being in Ikta's 'best interests' to excel.
ZikarnKraisJul 16, 2016 8:34 AM
Jul 16, 2016 9:09 AM

Nov 2012
I don't mind if the pacing is a bit rushed since I've read some of the manga.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Jul 16, 2016 9:39 AM

Dec 2015
Emperor looked evil - but also really powerful with those armored knights guarding him. Like a Warhammer-style emperor.

Loved the episode and the fast pacing (nice that they did not spend tons of episodes trying to get back to the empire).

Best fantasy with politics involved this season (okay there aren't many fantasy usually that are in an own fantasy world). With GATE the best I have seen the last few years.

Hopefully it stays that good.
Jul 16, 2016 9:41 AM

Jun 2013
good episode but i don't like Yatori she pisses me off
Jul 16, 2016 10:04 AM

Jan 2008
I ask this to anyone who might have read the LN: are things going to get a little more exciting, or is this the best I can expect from thi show?
Jul 16, 2016 11:46 AM
Jan 2009
DmonHiro said:
I ask this to anyone who might have read the LN: are things going to get a little more exciting, or is this the best I can expect from thi show?

Wait for episode 5 (should be the end of the first novel), when the actual plot will be put in motion. If you won't like it, then probably you won't like the series.
Jul 16, 2016 11:48 AM

Apr 2013
DmonHiro said:

The first novel (episode 1-5) is the "weakest" of this novel series.

ZikarnKrais said:
komic said:

Except....there's quite a difference between "Calm the fuck down, Ikta" and pulling him back and "If you do that, I'll kill you myself". The first I could see as being a friend. The second? Way hazier, as she's saying that she'll be the executioner herself. And is very much an explicit threat.

And honestly? That would be pretty awesome, actually. Ikta being executed in the first episode or so and how Yatori lives with it afterwards. Either in not being able to stop him or watching her (so-called) friend die. Especially if she's forced into command position and only manages to get her troops and friends killed.

Zefyris said:

Ah....too soft-hearted for his own good then. Because unless he's in command of his friends personally, I don't see him being lazy being a problem. And I would say fuck the troops. Their lives don't matter, him doing the minimum is not a problem there. But then again, we did have this whole scene of him remembering the soldiers' names and all. Pity that, I guess, he's definitely not meant for war.

I do start to wonder though if that was set as a plot point precisely so that you can't have him slacking off and doing nothing. Debating if the author is hamstringing him there deliberately. Certainly would make sense because otherwise, what incentive, as I mentioned, is there to do anything?

And he won't even have the 'unconscious brilliance' or whatever that he shines despite his best efforts. He's shown to have pretty good intrigue. Really, if he really tried, he could get away with showing that he's not at all good at anything regarding command, no matter what the fuck Yatori says.

Interesting plot point would be if Yatori has him beaten by the soldiers in order to 'incentivize' him to do his best. Kicking off one of those "I'll be better than anyone else so as to not be hurt again", and would also show Yatori's loyalty yet again and how she would see it as being in Ikta's 'best interests' to excel.

You're not understanding what's happening here. The reason Yatori is brutal is because if she's not, then the opposite side will NOT be satisfied with just him backing up. It is because anyone can order anything, Ikta is against the ground that they won't say anything. If she was just saying "stop it ikta" and forcing him to back up without any violence, that would not amount of anything. Against, her "violence" that so many peoples seems to dislike is
a) perfectly justified
b) saving ikta
c) acknowledged as something necessary by Ikta himself, who trust Yatori on this. You'll never see him reproaching Yatori that "violence" because she's right, and he agrees with her, just like Yatori agrees with what he's saying BUT put a stop at what he's saying in order to save his ass.

I find comical that peoples are angry at Yatori for his violence against Ikta when Ikta himself is perfectly acknowledging that violence against him as being necessary.

No, you do not "don't care about the soldiers". They're under his orders. They aren't responsible for what happened to Ikta. They're normal guys with a family, like anyone. Not doing your best as keeping them alive or doing mistakes = being responsible for deaths and sorrow. If you look at Ikta's reaction after killing the soldiers in this episode, he cares about peoples'lives. so no, he cannot just go into a "fuck those soldiers, I'll let them die". He's opposed to the upper hierarchy, not to normal soldiers of his squad who are entrusted him with their lives as their officer.

Also, I think you misunderstood the type of "laziness" of the MC. It's a "give your best and build a well so that you can slack afterwards on the "go to the river to fetch water you currently have to do" type of lazy.
If you look back at the beginning of the first episode, he studied hard to pass the exam with Yatori so that he can help him in the second part, drop at the second part and get a job as imperial library from Yatori's connection.
It's "doing your best to make your life easier afterwards". Not" slacking for slacking", but "working for slacking".
ZefyrisJul 16, 2016 12:00 PM
Jul 16, 2016 12:05 PM
Jan 2009
ZikarnKrais said:

At the moment? You are right, he has no incentive and is going to act in that way: he will laze around the academy, doing what he want for a while.
However there is a yet unveiled major plot point that is going to change this, Ikta is going to gain an objective.
Jul 16, 2016 12:22 PM

Dec 2014
nice realistic episode... I love the whole Ikta character already... with all the drama in between...... I guess I am kinda sad how he is being forced to become a puppet for the empire
Jul 16, 2016 3:46 PM

Jun 2014
Not entirely sure what they're talking about half the time, feels like I'm missing information, still enjoyable though
Jul 16, 2016 4:47 PM
Jul 2016
Memor said:
I would like to see the other characters get some development since Ikta seems to be the only one with much depth. On one hand this is good because he's the MC, but on the other it's sad that everyone else is so overshadowed.

The plot is getting a little too much for my tiny brain to handle but right now I'm just watching to see Ikta be badass. :p

Each characters are slowly getting development in the LN, while focusing more on Ikta and side characters (yes, there's more side characters). The Air Gunner is one of the most interesting if you like the evolution of firearm tactics, the unknown noble family son may be the weakest of the bunch in term of military prowess but serve as an identity that represent the "normal" person, Yatori is nobility and chivalry (history of the country principally), and nurse serve to explain military sickness and death.
Jul 16, 2016 6:37 PM

Jul 2010
Seems like I'm the only one here disliking Ikta, just really don't like his attitude...otherwise solid episode but haven't really grabbed me yet.
Jul 16, 2016 9:07 PM
Apr 2013
So Ikta seemingly allows himself to be reined in by Yatori when he crosses the line but I feel like he could take her if it came down to it in a serious situation. If not 1-on-1 then with a more calculated and tactical approach. Though I haven't read the LN so I could be underestimating Yatori.
Jul 16, 2016 10:03 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty good episode.
Can't wait to see his General strategies in battles.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 16, 2016 10:11 PM

Jun 2013
Oh shit, there's a lot of shit going on. Some interesting and layered shit. I'd elaborate on "shit" and use more sophisticated language, but I'm quite tired right now.
Jul 17, 2016 1:10 AM

Apr 2012
Don't really like Ikta's character. He's one of those pompous main characters that will overshadow and make everyone look like idiots by being right 99% of the time and calling all the correct decisions lol. Even the VA makes it a dead give away that he will be one of those characters.

Though the setting/ world seems pretty interesting.

Jul 17, 2016 2:15 AM

Dec 2012
I actually am starting to like Ikta. Not a bad MC he is. Yatori was a bit annoying in this episode but I don't know much of her relationship with Ikta or their backstories much yet so we'll see.
allo
Jul 17, 2016 9:13 AM
Jan 2014
I don't know anything about the source but so far the story is interesting.
Only 2 ep and I already hate both the princess and the red haired girl. The princess deserves a bitchslap at least.
Jul 17, 2016 9:37 AM
Apr 2014
I really felt sorry for the spirits but I guess there was no other way.

Also that end, man... Now I kinda hope Ikuta betrays them and leaves the country. Not only is he forced to do something he never wanted (great treatment for a "hero") but also has to listen to the shit-talking of the princess.

And while I understand Yatori's actions (being loyal to the empire makes that the only possibility, she also seems to care enough about Ikuta to prevent his execution this way) I don't like that she is stopping him so soon every time. Especially the princess could deal with a little bit more intimidation.
Jul 17, 2016 3:03 PM
Sep 2009
FragOutFire said:
komic said:
looking at the setting and stuff, our heroes are essentially on the wrong side.

"Please, I'm a refugee"
"oh, we get a lot of those. your country is kind of shit and everyone wants to leave. sure, we'll take you in."

I guess the enemy nation isn't horrible or evil

and of course, our boys kill them in cold blood (not like they had a choice but it was still messed up)

Perfidy by a main character before the OP even plays... yay! He's gonna have to do better than that to even come close to Inaho from Aldnoah Zero.
Jul 17, 2016 3:15 PM

Jul 2007
Zeally said:
Don't really like Ikta's character. He's one of those pompous main characters that will overshadow and make everyone look like idiots by being right 99% of the time and calling all the correct decisions lol. Even the VA makes it a dead give away that he will be one of those characters.

Though the setting/ world seems pretty interesting.

But him being correct is balanced out by him being an asshole, tho?

Being always correct does not mean he is always right. I mean this dude sure can solve a tricky situation, but he also can threaten to snap a little girl's neck with bare hands and act like a complete douchebag. He seems to be the type of dude who might save you but might also accidentally murder you in rage because he did not like what you said o him.

That kind of balances out his intelligence.
ANd his vulnerability he displays at certain moments(like at the graves and stuff) balances out his dickishness.
Jul 17, 2016 5:05 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty decent episode showed up! Story's got really interesting so quick..
Well bad day for MC but good episode gone for us..
But that dawn Yatori should die first...I hate this heroine too much
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» So any chance of a continuation ?

Morningstar991 - Aug 11

15 by NonSenseWILH »»
Aug 13, 1:22 AM

Poll: » Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2016

178 by PokefanPT »»
Jul 28, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2016

69 by PokefanPT »»
Jul 28, 11:04 AM

Poll: » Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2016

103 by PokefanPT »»
Jul 27, 12:21 PM

Poll: » Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2016

105 by PokefanPT »»
Jul 27, 11:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.