Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
May 6, 2016 5:24 PM

Jun 2015
If it's worse then FMAB (not happened before, well there was paprika and mars on destruction...
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
May 6, 2016 5:45 PM

May 2016
I have only ever Truly dropped 1 anime because I just fell off of Pokemon as I grew up and I only watched part of FMA knowing I just wanted to fill in the gaps for FMAB. I dropped Aldnoah.Zero in its second season because it was losing me at the end of the 1st season and then the show made me actively mad so I had to cut it. I wouldn't ever drop some anime after only a few episodes though, I would've dropped Steins;Gate if that were true.
May 6, 2016 5:53 PM

Feb 2016
I don't drop animes. I just put them on hold and finish them one episode at a time when I feel like it. The only anime I ever dropped was Koi Kaze, not beause of the topic of incest, but due to the pedophilia. Maybe they decided to do it to capture the innocence of the female MC, but I don't care. Im not comfortable with the fact that the female lead looks like a just started middle school girl, and the male lead looking like a middle aged man with a full beard. Especially since I can't even grow a full beard :(.
May 6, 2016 5:54 PM

Apr 2015
I only tend to drop shows when:

A) I end up losing interested on it.
B) When is so bad to the point that is completely unwatchable in my eyes.

-Mastergold
May 26, 2016 1:25 PM

Mar 2016
Mostly because I get bored. Option B: I stopped watching for a short while which turned into a really loong while, and now I have absolutely no clue where I left off or what even was happening.
yangires > yanderes > tsunderes > other deres
May 27, 2016 9:22 AM

Oct 2015
If it intensely bores me or if the show just turns out to not be the kind of thing that resonates with me. I'm not one of those people who considers my (few) dropped anime to be the worst anime I've seen, just ones that didn't capture my interest.
May 27, 2016 12:16 PM

Sep 2012
If I have to force myself to watch an anime, I drop it right away. On rare occasions where friends have said it gets better I'll skip whole episodes but that almost never works. Really simple system for me: I only watch anime I enjoy. No matter how much hype it has, if I don't like it, I drop it in a heartbeat.
May 27, 2016 1:14 PM

May 2016
I never dropped an anime so far, if the anime will be boring and the plot not so interesting i'll drop it
May 27, 2016 2:10 PM

Dec 2015
After having watched more than 50 percent of the episode I try not to drop anymore. Even if it is bad it probably still ist a show where I thought (that's why I watched it up to 50 percent) and still think it might get better ... maybe.

Sometimes already at episode 1 I know I won't like it. (Most of the time I don't even need to watch episode 1 - reading the description is enough.)

There are some anime where you get the feeling already ... on which direction they might take. Also you learn about the characters (main char). If you don't like him it already can make you hate the show.

For other anime it needs 2-3 episodes and with these - taking the overall episode count into account - it is possible to assess the pacing. That is super important. Bad pacing can make the difference between watchable or not watchable for an otherwise average show.

It is the whole mix of animation, music, characters. If there is a drop in qualit/enjoyment regarding these between episods 3-4 and the 50 percent of episodes then I still watch it ... only if there are 2 bad episodes where it did not get better I might still drop. This is rare.
May 27, 2016 2:15 PM

Mar 2013
I can tell if something is going to be terrible after 5 minutes into the first episode. I usually try to give it 4 episodes though so it at least seems like i made some effort. But i'm not going to waste my time past that
May 27, 2016 2:20 PM

Jan 2012
Usually I try to watch about 3-4 episodes of a 12-24 anime, 5-7 episodes of a 25-75 episode anime, and about 8-10 episodes of a 75+ anime, because sometime they could have a slow or "meh" start but really kick in after that, so I don't want to drop it too soon. If it still bores me after that then I just drop it.
May 27, 2016 2:21 PM
Apr 2013
I have six dropped anime so far:

Lucky Star - the plot, for me, was going absolutely nowhere, and it dragged.
Naruto SD: Rock Lee no Seishun Full-Power Ninden - I cringed throughout.
Naruto: Shippuden - full of fillers, although I've heard it's finally getting good again...
Sword Art Online II - the first season was okay, I ended up falling asleep watching this one...
Toradora! - I must be the only person in the world who actually hates Taiga.
Zero no Tsukaima - I actually hate Louise just as much as I hate Taiga. Their personalities are so similar, it's painful.

I drop anime when I don't feel connected to them, or if I end up cringing in a terrible way while watching them.
May 28, 2016 6:09 AM

Mar 2014
I very rarely drop anime, they either go on hold or I just delete them off my list. The ones on my dropped list-
Junjou Romantica - I watched it before I joined MAL and I added everything I'd seen prior. Also it was terrible.
SKET Dance - The worst anime I've ever seen
Urawa no Usagi chan - I don't even remember why
Vampire Holmes - there were no subbed eps at the time
May 28, 2016 6:39 AM

Feb 2015
I drop anime mainly because because I get annoyed by the characters, it gets boring or becomes really stupid. Couldn't bring myself to watch more then 3 episodes of Divine Gate, it fits all of these reasons.
May 28, 2016 6:43 AM

Dec 2013
I drop Anime when it starts to be boring and isn't interesting anymore.
May 28, 2016 6:44 AM

Jul 2015
I just drop anime if it bores me or if i isnt interesting for me
May 28, 2016 6:44 AM

Feb 2015
rare for me to drop anime tbh cause i kinda curious what will happen until the end even tho it's boring or bad to me.
May 28, 2016 8:28 AM
Jun 2015
i recently dropped tatami galaxy at ep 1 as mc's personality is horrible and bad mannered
mainly i drop if characters arent interesting for me as they are the one who traverse plot
May 28, 2016 9:54 AM

Feb 2015
Anime that bore the hell out of me or that I simply have no reason to believe will be of some interest later on. Aint nobody got no time to be a completionist.
May 28, 2016 11:18 AM

May 2015
I drop show's because they failed to "Entertain Me" Which is what they're suppose to do.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2016 12:15 PM

Nov 2014
If it's not entertaining me, I'll quit. I'm watching anime for the fun, why would I watch something that'll make me suffer
May 28, 2016 12:21 PM

Dec 2015
Only if animation is total poop like Ajin.

Or if I'm kind of scared of it like Deep water or Zombies or tiny insects. I also dont like jumpscares..
May 28, 2016 2:03 PM

Feb 2016
Mostly because of characters if the characters are shit or way too generic then there is no hope left, even a extremly well written story can't make up for horrible characters.
May 30, 2016 8:36 PM
Jul 2018
I drop an anime if in the first 1 or 2 episodes it looks like a show that I won't personally like, usually because it looks like it doesn't fit my tastes. I never drop a show permanently; I just decide that I'm not interested in it right now. (Though there are some shows that I am a lot less likely to try again). When I drop a show, I always drop it in the first 1 or 2 episodes. It's less often because I think it looks like a "bad show", and more often because it looks like it doesn't fit my tastes.
May 30, 2016 8:49 PM

Jun 2015
Because characters in the anime act extremely irrational. I do no watch an anime to sympathize with idiots.
May 30, 2016 11:58 PM

Jul 2014
The story is making no sense...heres a reason :/
May 31, 2016 12:00 AM

Oct 2013
I know I won't like it if I keep watching further episodes, I always finish the episodes thooo
Jun 3, 2016 7:27 PM

Jan 2016
I consider myself a completionist in many aspects of my life, including anime. It's just human nature to want closure and I feel like I have to give the anime as many chances as possible to impress me so that I can give a fair analysis on something that is meant to be a complete experience. I believe a playwright wrote something about men being orange fruits, something or the other.

That being said, if an anime has no upcoming sequel and I have absolutely ZERO desire to return to it (as in, I almost literally shudder at the thought of wasting my time and returning to that garbage), then I'll drop it. That WAS the case with FLCL, but that might have to change.
"Being kind to everyone, simply means there's no one special." - Arararagi Koyomi Onii-chan
Jun 3, 2016 7:30 PM
Mar 2016
I mainly drop those anime which are boring, such as classroom crisis. Speaking honestly, I fell asleep watching it.
Jun 3, 2016 7:31 PM
Jun 2016
.....because I don't enjoy it? What kind of response did you expect; "I had to drop it when I was drafted into 'Nam"
Hunk_BerryJun 3, 2016 7:36 PM
Jun 3, 2016 7:32 PM
Mar 2016
I mainly drop those anime which are boring, such as classroom crisis. Speaking honestly, I fell asleep watching it.
Jun 4, 2016 12:44 AM

Nov 2013
Because I get bored of an anime and I don't want to force myself through it.

If watching an anime begins to feel like a chore, I'll put it on hold or drop it.

Jun 4, 2016 12:49 AM

Jul 2014
Maybe when the anime starts to make no sense or just fucked up in a wayl.... :/
Jun 4, 2016 7:44 PM
Jul 2018
I rarely drop an anime after the first episode and usually try to give them a few more. Here are some of my personal peeves that make me drop anime:
-unnecessary fanservice
-boring or drawn-out plot
-when I can't stomach any main characters
-rape, incest, pedophilia
-when everything is just too cliche
Jun 4, 2016 8:15 PM
Jul 2018
The only anime I have ever dropped is Naruto. So much filler...
Jun 4, 2016 8:20 PM

Jul 2015
Usually if I get bored, I'll put it on hold. I rarely drop stuff because I'm already picky about what anime I start anyways.
Jun 12, 2016 4:19 PM

Feb 2008
I drop anime shows when I'm not interested in them anymore and just lack the motivation to start another episode. If I'm not interested I just move on into something else.

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Jun 12, 2016 4:21 PM

Jul 2015
When the characters are so annoying that I want to punch them in the face.

huahua fs made by cat

Jun 12, 2016 4:22 PM

Jun 2013
I have a no-drop policy. Suffer till the end if it's bad.
Jun 12, 2016 4:31 PM

Apr 2014
i think its pretty reasonable to drop something you dont enjoy at all.

i give it like 4 episodes max to get my interest , and if i truly dont like it, its dropped.
Jun 12, 2016 4:35 PM

Apr 2016
I either drop an anime because it may not be the kind of anime I like, or the story just turns to shit making the whole anime a whole pile of shit
Jun 12, 2016 4:37 PM

Jan 2015
Dropping a anime is like dropping a ball :3
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Jun 12, 2016 4:48 PM

Jun 2015
I guess what it all comes down to for me is if I am struggling to watch/finish an anime, I'll probably stop watching.

It could be boring, it could be too long, I might have found better anime to watch, or found some better entertainment options, or it could just be life getting busier and not having enough time to watch.

I find that if I am enjoying an anime, I will actively try and keep watching it or make time for it. But if the show isn't worth the effort/time, or feels like a waste of time, then I'll probably think about dropping it.
Jun 12, 2016 4:52 PM
Jul 2018
Ultimatedeath said:

onto a pile of shit because you never want to pick it up ever again and your mom will hit you if you do.

O/T

Many reasons if it has rape I will drop it . If the voice acting is bad enough I will drop it. If it s a copy and paste of another anime I watched I will drop it. If I see it is a goody two shoes of a mc I will drop it.

Like it's hot.

suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooo
Jun 12, 2016 11:45 PM

Jan 2015
Veneficia said:
Ultimatedeath said:

onto a pile of shit because you never want to pick it up ever again and your mom will hit you if you do.

O/T

Many reasons if it has rape I will drop it . If the voice acting is bad enough I will drop it. If it s a copy and paste of another anime I watched I will drop it. If I see it is a goody two shoes of a mc I will drop it.

Like it's hot.

suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooo

"If the anime still aires and are not finished, I will drop it" :3
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Jun 13, 2016 12:02 AM

May 2016
when it doesn't entertain me. simple as that.
Jun 13, 2016 12:07 AM

May 2015
yeah, pretty much what Kuma said; if I think the show wont pick up if it's already shit Ill drop (God Eater) but if I already got to watching and it's bad but not too predictable or cliche and isnt boring, Id keep watching
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Jun 13, 2016 2:15 AM

Sep 2015
I drop it if the series bores me or if it doesn't capture my attention in the first episode, unless it's a long series. If I didn't have the long series rule I would have dropped Gintama already.
Jun 13, 2016 4:50 AM
Feb 2013
I usually drop an anime series when it just flat out makes me sleepy lol. I usually give all anime series that I watch a chance but after a couple episodes I will drop it if it's boring, generic, or too much screaming from the characters going on believe it or not lol.
Jun 13, 2016 5:24 AM

Jun 2015
None...

I don't drop anime but I would when they are boring...
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» Best episodic anime

JoeChip - 7 hours ago

18 by KitsuFrost »»
2 minutes ago

» Dub translation errors

JoeChip - 8 hours ago

21 by APolygons2 »»
5 minutes ago

» Are there any hobbies you do that are influenced by anime?

otaku2000anime - 4 hours ago

16 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
13 minutes ago

» What was your 1000th anime?

Shizuna - Yesterday

20 by FanofAction »»
19 minutes ago

» Looks like mecha anime's are dead. RIP, giant robots. ( 1 2 3 4 )

Gashadokur0 - Jun 23

193 by Pages_Pages »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.