Forum Settings
Forums

Do people who have a mean score of over 7 like everything they watch?

New
Pages (12) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
May 27, 2016 3:17 AM

Nov 2015
Z-Dante said:
Gesu- said:

"don't get baited don't get baited don't get baited don't get baited don't get baited don't get baited"
Wait! You didn't even watch it!!
I'm the type of guy who can detect shit quality shows just by watching the first or second episode :3
And if I find anything shit, instantly dropped or deleted (on hold at best) without even rating them...
One of the reasons why my mean score is so high :>

Oh well then that concludes it.
Your taste is shit :)
May 27, 2016 3:21 AM

Feb 2016
My meanscore currently is 6.92 which is close enough imo (.8 ... cmon lol)

I think it's moreover the matter of fact that not everyone watches every single anime to completion, namely a disliked anime.

Example being people who hate Ecchi but might watch High School DxD just so they can say they have/rate it lowly.

I don't see the point in watching something that you are not liking, especially if you watch like 6/24 episodes, I would think you'd drop it already rather than push through something you hate. Especially something you find "cringy".

I just rate based on my own enjoyment, I'm not a critic who's rating for a crowd and basing my rating on points. (Quality, Pacing, VAs, etc)

The only thing on my list that's even below a 6 is Bikini Warriors, I had found scrolling through a list when I was searching for another anime and stumbled about it. The name caught my attention and the description seemed interesting but then when I started it... I found out it was like 5m ovas and I just didn't really care for it.

Could of finished easy enough but there's no point in it... that's also pretty much the only incomplete anime I've rated. I don't like to rate what I haven't completed unless it's a long runner in which case I might rate it after getting about halfway

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
May 27, 2016 3:41 AM

Mar 2014
DioTsolakou said:
Shitty anime, whoops that's your opinion.
Yes, I am well aware of the fact that it's my opinion, I never said anything else, how exactly does that take away the right to criticize anime I dislike from me?

It doesn't
Putting you on the "1-5 scale" was my bad. Should have included Kamisama only.
Which is still wrong since he doesn't use a 1-5 rating scale either
I don't consider my taste to be the best, cause as Clint Eastwood once said "opinions are like assholes, everyone has one" same goes for taste.
Everybody thinks their taste is the best, otherwise they wouldn't have it in the first place
My bad on saying you think OPM is bad. As Gesu said it was a generalization.
A generalization that you have no proof for
If you want proof of people saying OPM is bad just because some people said it's bad just search for threads having OPM as a keyword.
No, I am not saying I don't think people who think anime X is bad because person Y said Z exist, I am saying that I want proof of people saying "Comic_Sans thinks anime X is bad, therefore I also think it's bad"
Haven't searched your profile to know if you are male or female.
Then do it the next time
As pointed out by Gesu before, that was just a person trolling.
And therefore you assume that everybody else also thinks my taste is the best
Comic_SansMay 27, 2016 3:45 AM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
May 27, 2016 3:42 AM

Jul 2014
My mean score is 7.50 so I'm gonna answer.
Basically, yes I do enjoy what I watch because I'm kind of good at picking and wouldn't continue the Anime if I will give less than 6
For me 8 means very good , 7 good/Average which means it's not that great but I had fun watching it and enjoyed it, 6 is fine which means I had some fun watching it but didn't enjoy it that much, if it feels like I'm gonna give any less than 6 I just drop it because it's probably not worth it and I would rather spend my time having fun than finish the Anime just so I can whine about how much I didn't like it like most of the ratings I see.
Also, I'm kind of good at picking, so if its a genre I don't like or it feels like I won't enjoy an Anime I don't even start it.
May 27, 2016 4:20 AM

Mar 2014
DioTsolakou said:
As I said it was my bad to say that you think OPM is bad
Yeah, because I don't think it's bad
therefore people saying OPM is bad because of you is instantly invalid.
Good boy
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
May 27, 2016 4:21 AM

Dec 2015
Holy crap. What's happening with this thread? In the suggestions forum we have a suggestion regarding the score descriptions (for the description of the score 5). And I have seen other threads about this (or a similar) topic in the last few days or weeks in this forum.

But none of them got that many replies this fast.

Really disappointing that this is starting to seem a war between elitists and casuals - or so called "wannabe-elitists" that think they are better because they score lower.

At least while skipping through the thread I have seen a few posts that went in that direction where people called others with higher mean score casuals when there are clearly peole that have watched tons of anime with higher mean scores. I don't think these are all casuals.

Some people think that it is normal not to score based on enjoyment/entertainment and think this would be the wrong way. But for me scoring based on enjoyment/entertainment is the only wat to score. There is no objectivity. If I rate because I liked the art/visuals and did not enjoy it would not be objective. Some other person could have not liked the art and still enjoyed it.

So: We I rate only based on enjoyment. That is the only way which makes sense.

The middle is 5.5.
1-5 are shows that I don't enjoy. The lower the score the more I hate it. And it is a pain to force yourself watching them.

6-10 are shows that I enjoy at least a little bit. Of course 6-7 already seems low because you could just decide to do something better with your time. Intead of watching these I could just watch 8-10 shows or I could do gaming or read a book. That is the intelligent way to live. Instead of forcing myself to watch bad anime and then whine "omg omg anime are all bad I am bored and don't know that to do in my free time".

(And I even sometimes drop shows that seem like 7 when I watch too many other shows of a genre that are better already cause I mainly watch airing stuff and need a good mix. Too many of one genre and it is oversaturation and all of them feel less enjoyable.)

6 are shows where I thought they might still get better and watched them until the end (or forced myselft a bit). 7 are shows that entertained but they did not make me looking forward to the next episode that much. I still was able to watch them without forcing myself. I thought there might still come some plot twists that make it better into a 8 show. 8 shows I have been looking forward to the next episode most of the time. No major flaws but nothing great. 9 are great but there was some minor stuff (usually flaws with the finale/ending) that prevents me from giving a 10. I try not to give that many 9 and 10s. 7/8 is the most I score.

And yes: I am good at selecting only shows I think I might like. Of course sometimes I make mistakes.
Example: It took me a long time until I decided to watch Madoka and I only watched Psycho Pass some time later cause I took a break from anime when it aired and did not immediately pick it up later cause I did not think it would be that good and thought it was overrated before watching).

Or the showas like Dragonaut the Resonance or Captain Earth where I still thought it might become better until the end.

But these are exceptions. Usualyl I am good at selecting. (You get more experienced at thsi with the years as you know more about anime and studios and genre.)

Re:Zero for example: I did not have this at my plan to watch list. Decided to pick it up cause I dropped some other stuff and it seemed rated highly. But my predictions were right - and even after forcing myself to watch a few more episodes (until episode 8) I did not like it. In fact I even hated it more. Dropped at 5/10.

I barely watch OVAs and bonus episodes and movies. That might be for some people a reason for a lower mean score. Re:Zero I have dropped at 5/10. Watching more can make you hate the show even more. I completed Lucky Star and scored it 1/10. Movies, OVAs are short stuff - no need to do big preselection and it is easier to get stuff you don't like if you watch lots of Movies and OVA and you proably don't drop these cause they are only a few episode (or 1 movie).

There is the thing with expectations and the genre. I barely (maybe a little bit) take this into account. If I don't like something then I don't like it - I won't give it a highe score because "it is good considering the genre". I usually try to avoid genre I don't like and try to read descriptions. But expectations can have an effect. If something is hyped a lot before airing and I also hype it then the disappointment could be big making me score it lower than I'd usually have scored it.

But usually I try to avoid it and even expect less of overhyped stuff - then getting surprised that it is still watchable making me score it 7-8 instead of 5-6 (while for a lot of other hyperfanboys it also is maybe 7-8 but for them this is bad since they usually might have given 10 then and they were disappointed :D).
May 27, 2016 5:17 AM
Nobody

Jul 2013
Gesu- said:
I've seen people who literally hand out 10s and I just don't understand, do you like anime that much that you think that all of those shows are the best anime ever?

Anything that I deem worthy of it gets 10, if not, 1

There shall be no middle class
May 27, 2016 5:36 AM

Jul 2013
Everything I think is good I give it 7. Anything average gets a 6 and anything that's flat out unappealing and bad will get a 4. A show or manga I thought was amazing gets 8-9. Lastly scores of 10 I give out to shows that have an excellent re-watchable factor to it. Something that I can continue to enjoy watching no matter how many years pass. Hey, maybe we should make a poll to see how many users actually follow the given score system or their own. I'd think that would be an interesting experiment.

mouvite said:
cookies0 said:

That makes sense. Although I don't see people actually using the "6-bad, 7-meh, 8- good, 9-very good, 10-favourite" rating system you mentioned.

I've seen a lot of them. Here on MAL if you see an anime with an average score of 6, you can assume it's bad. And that's valid, because anime with a rating of 7 and below are shitty in most cases. And many people here just adjust their rating system to it. If an anime with a score of 6 is usually bad, it means for them that a score of 6 is bad, and so on. I can see their reasoning, but I think it's better to be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem. So I disapprove it.
I think that's an interesting theory however, I disagree. I follow the rating score, 6 being fine 7 good 8 very good etc. I'm roughly 83.7% sure that many users of the community follow the given scoring rather than making their own. There are of course users I've seen them, you've seen them, who make their own ratings yes, however given the circumstances, I'd say that they just follow the original score system.
TyrelMay 27, 2016 1:11 PM
May 27, 2016 5:51 AM

Oct 2014
I think my average score is like a 7.
The things I watch are either good, or fine though. Occasionally really good.
But that's of shows I've chosen to watch based off of recommendations of other things that I've seen and thought were at least good.

Why would I watch something I know I'm not going to like?

I watch the same kinds of shows so when I rate them I kind of compare ones that I think are very similar to each other.

IE: I compared Cowboy Bebop to Outlaw Star but Cowboy Bebop was handled better all around. I thought Outlaw Star was good but I thought Cowboy Bebop was better
I compared Tenchi with Ah My Goddess and other harem comedies with supernatural elements
Hai to Gensou no Grimgar, and How to Pick up a Girl in a Dungeon with other shows like that where people focus on leveling (But not SAO because that I'd compare to Hack Sign)
I think Tokyo Ghoul is kinda like God Eater imo
Shiki and Another are both mystery horrors
Magi to FMA
Makai Ouji with Ao No Exorcist

etc etc... This rating system is for me. If someone asks me about a show I can compare it to something they've seen and tell them why I think it's better or worse. If I don't think they'll at least be average I won't watch them. I get to that not by the rating system but by synopsis.

I have never given anything a 10 though.
There's always something that could have been done better. I mean 10 means perfect right? Something that is arguably unflawed.
May 27, 2016 5:56 AM

Nov 2015
Im at 7.5, but I tend to choose shows with high ratings to ensure a good chance that I will like the show. Too much to watch so I don't want to waste time watching things I know I will hate. I don't rate shows below 5 because I never rate a series until I finish it. If the show doesn't interest me enough with the first 3 episodes, I will drop it and the show ends up with no score.
May 27, 2016 5:57 AM

Feb 2015
Probably when asked to justify their enjoyment and judgment you will learn nothing and hear but flattery and 'I enjoyed it because I enjoyed it"

this applies to people who stack their ratings from 8-10 like it's a 3-star rating scale.

Not applies to the mean score though. Better check the variance.
JomsMay 27, 2016 6:03 AM
May 27, 2016 6:37 AM

May 2016
I don't really get why this topic gets such a ruckus going. There are so many ways people can rate anime. And ofcourse it also depends on personal taste.
This is my signature now, deal with it (ノ・д・)ノ
May 27, 2016 6:45 AM

Sep 2015
Gesu- said:
Okay, now since I've caught your attention;

Do people who have a mean score of over 7 literally like everything they watch? Or is it just that they are so highly empathetic that they even empathise with anime?

I've seen people who literally hand out 10s and I just don't understand, do you like anime that much that you think that all of those shows are the best anime ever?

I'm not patronizing anyone or being angry. Just genuinely curious.

You should not take people's MAL ratings seriously... Honestly... It is all 110% OPINION based, is it not? For myself, I really only watched Anime that I thought I would really enjoy, thus the high scores. If I score it low(er) that means I didn't enjoy it all that much, if at all.
💙 Set by:Gabby_Chan💙 Strawberry
May 27, 2016 6:58 AM

Jan 2012
I like most of the anime I watched.
Obviously, there are some that I don't like pr hate (like Tokyo Ghoul. I HATE this anime, and scored it 1)
May 27, 2016 7:03 AM

Oct 2014
My Mean Score is 7,53 which is.. fine I guess. I just rarely give Anime a score lower than 5 and my opinion is mostly based on enjoyment. Also I just drop series really fast when they don't entertain me and don't give them scores since they would influence the mean score really hard.
And no, I do NOT like everything I watch, but I like a lot of Anime and I don't care about the genre too much.
May 27, 2016 7:26 AM
Jan 2016
My mean scores are high because anime which I really didn't like rarely get onto my list, since I simply don't finish them, dropping after 1-3 episodes. Also, I only watch anime I think I will like, and seems like I'm good at picking them, since me dropping series is a rather rare occurrence. Also, I rarely experiment and try things out, I prefer to stick to my comfort zone and watch what I know I will enjoy. And since my scores are mostly based on how much I enjoyed a series, it's no surprise most series get a 7 or more.
May 27, 2016 7:33 AM

Aug 2014
Only if they give every show a 7. If they gave every show a 7 and higher their mean score would be higher than 7, u
Gesu- said:

Do people who have a mean score of over 7 literally like everything they watch? Or is it just that they are so highly empathetic that they even empathise with anime?

Someone will only have a mean score of 7 and like every show they have seen if they give every show a 7. Otherwise no people with 7 as a mean score don't like every anime they watch, just mostly and the ones they really like cancel out the ones they don't.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
May 27, 2016 8:11 AM

Nov 2015
Me, for example I have a mean score of manga of 6.98 right now. it's not that I rate everything I watch with 10,9 but I usually don't rate lower than 5, just rarely, because it's not very often to see a manga or anime that you really hate absolutely everything.

Some few days ago I readed a manga yaoi. the art was through the worst I have seen and the story wasn't nothing special, although not that bad, but I really liked the way characters interacted with each other and the way the story developed so I gaved it a 5

That's because I read just what I like. I don't like ecchi so I'm not reading ecchi just to say myself every fucking second of the episode how much I hate it. Before to start one, I'm looking at the genres, the summary and at the first pages to see the art.

For genres i like historical, yaoi, romance ans some others. so just if I see something that come into notice I try it

May 27, 2016 8:24 AM

Oct 2015
I ,myself, enjoy every anime ,well most of them, although me putting a 9 to almost everything I watch is just me saying I like it. If I take my ratibg seriously, the lot of I watch is precisely be 7 or 8. What does the extra 1 or 2 is you ask? One being just me atleast making me smile and uhm... waifus. But the ones that makes me cry, emotionally attached are the ones deservingly have the score of 9 or 10. But I didn't watch anime to be a stingy guy (Not trying to point out critics) but I came to watch anime to enjoy, have a smile here and there, and other things. I try to detached my no-nonesense self out when I watch anime.

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

May 27, 2016 8:27 AM

Jan 2016
Alright, to be fair this is actually exactly how I feel. I just feel like I'm enjoying every anime I watch and it's what most people say here, at this point I'm just not criticising the anime I watch too much. Of course I'll vary the score between how much I personally enjoyed it, but my tastes are too broad. Tbh it have been bugged me lately, I'm planning to revise my whole animelist, lower the scores and put my standards a tad up. Since now I believe I'm better at scoring, but I just didn't change the way I score, yet. I also don't care about cliché anime or so, but I've got an insight from different people on how scoring should be.
May 27, 2016 10:42 AM

Aug 2015
I guess I overloaded the hook this time around :>

@Carbon , @Zelkiiro , @Gesu- ,
What makes you think these shoes were good? They were the biggest piece of crap I've seen till now since I started watching anime. Even Sayuri was objectively better than them.

"Death Nutoo is psychological so it's has to be a masterpiece without any flaws. It got deaths and blood and shit so it's so deep and mature. OMFG, this has to be best animu of all time!" - The anguishit teenagers.
Well, GTFO. I can claim this without any doubt that Death Note was objectively just as good as Akame ga Kill. ( or much worse tbh )

And about KLK, I don't even need to watch the anime, just by looking at the poster and art I could already say "DIS gonna b shit!". Still, looking at fans I gave it a try and watched 2 episodes, and guess what, I was right! Though I somehow managed to stand the art, the anime itself was fucking crazy. ( Though I still plan to continue watching to see how bad this can actually be >.> )

TTGL gives me the same shitty vibe so didn't even bother putting it in my PTW
TyrelMay 27, 2016 1:29 PM
May 27, 2016 10:52 AM

Feb 2010
No, not really, it doesn't.
Why would it?
I probably regret this post by now.
May 27, 2016 10:54 AM

Jan 2010
Gesu- said:

This is a very broad question. Many people like things for different reasons and rate things for different reasons. Some people only take into account plot and enjoyment, while others take into account animation quality, and sounds as well as the other reasons given. Some people put more weight on their overall enjoyment of a series rather than equally rating each part, so I guess what I am trying to say is it really depends.

This is just a question I hope it doesn't offend but are you one of those "nothing deserves a 10 guys"?
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

May 27, 2016 10:56 AM

Dec 2015
@gesu- Damn ur thread is like a living hell xD

Z-Dante said:
I didn't like everything I watched. >.>

Hyouka was shit! Death note was shit! AoT was shit! KLK was shit! Tokyo Ghoul was shit!

Dunno. How dare you! Well if depends. You suck :3 . Yes, 100% on this one :D
RobiiiiMay 27, 2016 11:00 AM
May 27, 2016 11:03 AM

Feb 2016
its good if people admire and see the ulterior motive of the anime and grade it on a good scale unlike of those baka hot headed people who criticize everything and are not greatful for what they get after all 90% anime of all ever are good with some very good and some best.
May 27, 2016 11:05 AM

Dec 2015
Gesu- said:
Robiiii said:
@gesu- Damn ur thread is like a living hell xD

I know. I feel like ending it..
I've created a monster.

@Z-Dante your baiting skills have gone downhill ever since Emiya was sent to exile..

Nahh this is good. Since ecchi threads are getting rarer and rarer, this is a good way to shitpost and get that inner rage out :p
May 27, 2016 11:06 AM

May 2016
Satsugai_Otaku said:
after all 90% anime of all ever are good with some very good and some best.

Literally impossible. Sturgeon's Law is a rhetorical law for a reason.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
May 27, 2016 11:06 AM

Oct 2014
Z-Dante said:

"Death Nutoo is psychological so it's has to be a masterpiece without any flaws. It got deaths and blood and shit so it's so deep and mature. OMFG, this has to be best animu of all time!" - The anguishit teenagers.
Well, GTFO. I can claim this without any doubt that Death Note was objectively just as good as Akame ga Kill.

This statement is the most hilarious thing I've seen today. Tell me you aren't serious.

...what do you mean you are?
ThieveryMay 27, 2016 11:18 AM
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

But does the heart have the right perspective?
May 27, 2016 11:09 AM

Jan 2015
Mamster-P said:
Wtf? some ppl like me are just easily entertained, we love anime as a whole and dont gI've a shit to "criticize" what we watch

This pretty much.

Couldn't agree more with you
May 27, 2016 11:09 AM

Apr 2016
Anime I really like get a 10, right now I think all the anime I watched have a 10 or 9.
But you do realize that people can have low scores like 1 or 2, and still have an average of 7?

On my list: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/UnpopularAnime?status=2

I just liked every anime I watched so far this much.

All of my completed belong in my favorites atm.

I didn't watch much yet, but the only one I will give a lower score, will be yuru yuri, as I don't like it too much, I get a bit bored while watching it.

Having a mean score of 7 just means the person gives every anime a score of 7, or they like most of the anime they watch. Nothing wrong with that. Also, they may just stop watching an anime they don't like, and not give it a rating, since they didn't finish it.
May 27, 2016 11:17 AM

Oct 2014
Z-Dante said:
Zelkiiro said:

They fit my feet comfortably and provided excellent back support!
I found these shoes were rather cheap and made from chicken skin. I tried to kick the bucket and it was the shoes that went flying instead of the bucket >.>

Maybe your feet are deformed? I dunno, the shoes might be alright but with weird feet you might've broken the shoe before it fitted.

Like in that western animu movie Cinderella.
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

May 27, 2016 11:24 AM

Aug 2015
Nah. The only things that triggers me are anime made by trigger and people's shit taste

Robiiii said:
Z-Dante said:
I didn't like everything I watched. >.>

Hyouka was shit! Death note was shit! AoT was shit! KLK was shit! Tokyo Ghoul was shit!

Dunno. How dare you! Well if depends. You suck :3 . Yes, 100% on this one :D
I don't wanna hear that from you >_>...
TyrelMay 27, 2016 1:28 PM
May 27, 2016 11:25 AM

Jul 2015
Hmm, well speaking for myself, I have a mean score of 7.1. With that being said, I DO enjoy everything that I watch. Why is that? Because I carefully pick and choose which anime I think will satisfy my expectations. If I really wanted to, I could have a mean score as low as 5 or 6 by simply expanding my horizons and watching something that I may or not may not enjoy. I'm careful with that anime that I choose to watch.

However, with that being said, there are some cases where I'm wrong about an anime. After I watch like the first episode, I'd put it on hold and I'd never have the motivation to continue watching it. Unlike some people, I don't see an anime to completion if I feel that I'd probably rate it below 5, which is as a result of my mean score being 7.1.
And no, I am not one of those people who "literally hand out 10s."

Hope this clears things up.
GemMay 27, 2016 11:29 AM

caught in the wonder
May 27, 2016 11:35 AM
Jun 2014
I never find anime on my own to watch. It's always either my uncle or my best friend who recommend anime to me. Because we have a similar taste, I always end up really enjoying the anime I watch. That's just me, though.
May 27, 2016 11:52 AM

Feb 2008
May God forbid that people watch anime because...they actually enjoy anime. One shall not look at Japanese animations without criticizing every little detail that one has not found pleasing to his taste.

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
May 27, 2016 11:57 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Well it's obvious that not everyone who rates a show compares it's value to what the MAL scale is.

It can be the same thing for a show that's scored lower. Maybe there's someone out there that gave FMA:B a 10 but even though they gave Inferno Cop a 1, it might not mean they hated it. They might value it just as much as a 10/10 show.

It weird but that's just the way it is sometimes.
May 27, 2016 11:57 AM
Aug 2014
I'm very passionate about the anime industry as a whole. But if I watch more anime, my mean score is probably gonna be around a 2 or 3. ._.
May 27, 2016 11:58 AM

Oct 2014
Z-Dante said:
Are you still listening to those "Anime is Dying" rents? >.>

Don't be silly, "anime is dying" is impossible.

Anime is already dead

May 27, 2016 11:59 AM
Dec 2014
I do my research so why watch anything bad? Life is short.
May 27, 2016 12:00 PM
Aug 2014
KoreaWS said:
Z-Dante said:
Are you still listening to those "Anime is Dying" rents? >.>

Don't be silly, "anime is dying" is impossible.

Anime is already dead

Anime died once the 2000s started IMO.
May 27, 2016 12:04 PM

Sep 2012
As I explain in my profile, my rating scale is different. I am a buyer so I use it to remind myself what to buy and what I've bought. It is easier than clicking the "add medium" button for every show and type in how many discs I have... from my profile:
I rate things according to my own system since I buy a lot of anime. 10=awesome, must buy; 9=great, should buy; 8=really good, will probably rewatch but likely won't buy; 7=really good but probably won't rewatch and won't buy; 6=enjoyed watching but won't rewatch or buy; 5=was OK to watch, definitely won't rewatch or buy; 4=not good, didn't enjoy it; 3=bad; 2=awful; 1=worst of the worst. I own pretty much all of the anime for which I gave out 9 & 10 ratings, most of them import Blurays other than older stuff on DVD and VHS.

As well, I tend to drop shows I don't like and I often forget to give them a bad score when I drop them. And I don't really like to rate a show I dropped early on in case it got a lot better; I might have missed all the good parts and perhaps an ending that saved the show. So my average score is biased by the shows that were good enough for me to finish. I classify all my anime watching as 'try before you buy' so I'm really looking for winners.
May 27, 2016 12:07 PM

Aug 2015
zal said:
Are you sure? Charlotte is the worst anime I have never seen.

Triggered?
And hopefully you never will. Mere mongrel's doesn't even deserve to take a glance of the Kings treasure

Judging something without even watching it? You fuckin' serious m8? >.>

@KoreaWS , @AveryGamerDude, who do you guys even watch modern animu?
TyrelMay 27, 2016 1:25 PM
May 27, 2016 12:11 PM

Jul 2011
I think my mean is over 7, but I kind of research every anime I watch as to not waste my time with anime that could suck. I know that it's probably a bad thing to skip series due to the popular opinion being low, but at the same time, there's so much stuff to watch I don't really have the time to watch series that are lower than 7.5 unless someone explicitly recommends it to me.
May 27, 2016 12:12 PM

Aug 2014
Z-Dante said:
zal said:
Are you sure? Charlotte is the worst anime I have never seen.

Triggered?
And hopefully you never will. Mere mongrel's doesn't even deserve to take a glance of the Kings treasure

@KoreaWS , @AveryGamerDude, who do you guys even watch modern animu?
Gotta make their points seem valid n stuff. But to be fair, @KoreaWS did say that there some newer animes he did enjoy/find interesting/amazing. Dunno about the other guy tho.
TyrelMay 27, 2016 1:24 PM
May 27, 2016 12:21 PM

Oct 2014
@Z-Dante ayyyy It's a prank bruh!!!

Snappy is right, I do enjoy some modern anime. Few that had left me astonished and that I would rate high but I've enjoyed a number of them.

And when there are not enough shows to entertain me in the current season, I just complete my backlog.

May 27, 2016 12:26 PM

Apr 2016
daAmazinFatB0y said:
It just means we enjoy things more than others. If I wanna give it a 10 then its gettin a fkn 10. I ain't gonna question my taste or give a fuck if I "rate too high".

Then again my rating system is different from mal. Its more or less like a 5/5 rating.

10=Insane
9=Amazing
8=Real good
7=pretty Decent
6=meh
5=piece of shit!

^^^
6 ratings I know but that's How I look at things.

Anything lower is just not worth mentioning.

LOL that's exactly my same rating scheme ^_^
May 27, 2016 12:37 PM

Jul 2014
I only watch things I know I will like and drop things I dislike without rating it. Even if I think a show is garbage, I don't think it's fair to give it a rating without watching the whole series, so my ratings naturally tend to be on the higher end.
May 27, 2016 12:55 PM

Oct 2013
zero_omar said:
daAmazinFatB0y said:
It just means we enjoy things more than others. If I wanna give it a 10 then its gettin a fkn 10. I ain't gonna question my taste or give a fuck if I "rate too high".

Then again my rating system is different from mal. Its more or less like a 5/5 rating.

10=Insane
9=Amazing
8=Real good
7=pretty Decent
6=meh
5=piece of shit!

^^^
6 ratings I know but that's How I look at things.

Anything lower is just not worth mentioning.

LOL that's exactly my same rating scheme ^_^

Nice to meet a fellow comrade in this fucked up rating war.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
May 27, 2016 1:08 PM

Apr 2013
Just checked my Completed List. Mean Score of 8.1

Do I like every show I watch? Hell no. I just drop anything that isn't worth watching.

Shouldn't that be everyone's mentality?
May 27, 2016 1:19 PM

Sep 2011
Let's see... Removed sarcastic posts, posts that started off as 'serious' and eventually lead to going off-topic and calling people potential elitists, casuals, etc. Baits that no one took the hook for, but decided to respond to it anyway, but just to have some 'fun'. Etc. These posts will not be seen as all as 'fun'. Baiting is still baiting whether or not the person takes it as so. Don't do it.

Thread Cleaned

Cabron said:
Gesu- said:

'Are people with mean score over 7 weebs'.
Maybe it hit a bit too close to home for him?

My mean score is 6.2 with 1205 Completed shows. I think I'm doing fine. Mean scores mean jack shit when you've hardly watched any anime. There's plenty of good shows out there and people could just watch all those shows instead of the plenty of shit ones. I used to have a mean score of 7-8 before I actively watched every trash show in existence, but lately I haven't been doing that because it wastes my time—this is where my drop list comes into play. I never used to drop shows, but now I do. I've filled it to over 100+ shows in the last two years+ and prob add 4-5 drop shows to my list each season.
TyrelMay 27, 2016 1:33 PM
Pages (12) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Who is allowed to give proper canon information in your favorite anime fanbase?

Catalano - 8 hours ago

5 by SPTLayzner »»
1 minute ago

» Favorite anime spring 2024

ani2016 - Jun 10

23 by watsym »»
12 minutes ago

» Why do you dislike historical anime? ( 1 2 )

perseii - Jun 8

57 by ToG25thBaam »»
26 minutes ago

» Who are your favorite silent characters and why?

JaaShooUhh - 1 hour ago

2 by Israel_Is_Evil »»
36 minutes ago

» Recommendations of Disappointment

JaaShooUhh - 59 minutes ago

1 by Alpha-Nine »»
36 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.