Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kagerou Daze (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
May 14, 2014 2:15 PM

Jan 2012
Just finished this episode, then I watched the music video. So, what the hell are you complaining about? What would you have liked different? It's kinda hard to adapt a music video into a decent animation. Though, I haven't read the manga either. Just enjoy, the damn show?
May 15, 2014 9:52 AM

Jul 2013
angelcross37 said:
f*ck this show i dont understand

That is what makes it so much more fun! Seriously Im digging it, though I don't know the source material.
EAT SH!T AND LIVE
May 15, 2014 9:57 AM
Nov 2013
Is it just me or does this anime have minor similarities to Monogatari. Not plot wise but the animation and directing view.
I've got the cure for loneliness.

May 15, 2014 7:17 PM

May 2008
ed_armz said:
Is it just me or does this anime have minor similarities to Monogatari. Not plot wise but the animation and directing view.

Both are produced by SHAFT.
May 15, 2014 7:51 PM

Feb 2013
The second half was amazing. I was like "oh, groundhog day"... then Shinbo did what he does so well.

Hiyori was kind of a b!tch...
May 18, 2014 9:33 AM

Feb 2011
ihusmal1234 said:
My head is just full of "what" right now. I'm not sure what that craziness was but at least the song was good.
same. same and same.
May 18, 2014 11:37 AM

Jan 2011
Why not kill the stupid kitten? ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ
Every episode feels really damn random, I hope there is a reason for seeing all these random characters, it would be stupid if they will never be mentioned again...
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
May 18, 2014 4:35 PM
Mar 2013
So...I watched this episode, and couldn't figure out what was going on with the whole cat thing and the repeat of the same event over and over again. Judging by the comments here, you have to have read the novels to understand. So yea...if the entire series is like this, where it can't stand on its own as an anime, then I'm going to have to drop it.

Which is really sad, because I was enjoying it up to this episode D: I'll try to stay optimistic though, and say this was just a one time thing.
May 19, 2014 6:24 AM
Nov 2013
pewtiekai said:
So...I watched this episode, and couldn't figure out what was going on with the whole cat thing and the repeat of the same event over and over again. Judging by the comments here, you have to have read the novels to understand. So yea...if the entire series is like this, where it can't stand on its own as an anime, then I'm going to have to drop it.

Which is really sad, because I was enjoying it up to this episode D: I'll try to stay optimistic though, and say this was just a one time thing.

I haven't read the novels but I'm sure the anime is going to try to mind f*** us. There must be a reason why all these characters are being introduced.
I've got the cure for loneliness.

May 20, 2014 1:58 PM

Dec 2012
well, i haven't read the manga and i know basically nothing about this show (as in what will happen), but i really, really liked the second half of that episode. the first half was okay, but the second half... i really love such scenarios where the same thing happens again and again and the mc tries all different kind of things to find a solution how to change the outcome, but it always remains the same (usually until the mc has to accept it or kills himself). it reminded me a lot of steins;gate.
but i have to admit i probably wouldn't have liked it that much if i hadn't seen (and liked) monogatari before. the art style was so crazy, it would've probably completely confused and distracted me.

another thing i really enjoy so far is how they're all connected. like in the first episode shintaro is being held hostage and in the third episode we see what happens afterwards. or like in the second episode we get to know momo and in the third episode she appears in the same mall as her brother and helps him to escape. or like in the second episode we see how hibiya and momo interact and in episode four we seehow his life continues afterwards. well, you get my point.

it's kind of a crazy show, but i enjoy it so far.
May 21, 2014 6:17 AM

Nov 2012
Damnit i was really waiting for this but now i've seen it....meh.
I prefer the original song T^T aw well.

Screw you cat. Lol
May 22, 2014 6:28 PM

Jan 2014
Was actually happy that Hiyori keep dying :D

I also loved the part when Hibiya woke up the third time. It's very similar to Homura's reaction in Madoka Magica
renzbiohazardMay 22, 2014 6:32 PM
Recommend me an anime
May 25, 2014 6:37 AM

Jul 2009
Could not get what his power is, for me it is something like changing what happened but when he changes there's consequences, like "butterfly effect" movie. Anyway, could not get what was going on...
May 25, 2014 3:02 PM
Nov 2011
bittersweetlove said:
Could not get what his power is, for me it is something like changing what happened but when he changes there's consequences, like "butterfly effect" movie. Anyway, could not get what was going on...

What was shown in the end of episode 4 was not his power, he hadnt earned it yet at the time, just saying =D
May 25, 2014 7:18 PM

Jan 2014
Currently at episode 7, this episode remains the best of the show yet. Namely for the excellent last few minutes. Really powerful stuff there.
May 27, 2014 1:34 PM

May 2014
Not sure what the hell is going on, really...
Still, liked the boy. Ha.
May 30, 2014 4:45 PM

Jan 2013
I really love how all the people who are saying the music videos are better keep calling the song Kagerou Days.

It's priceless.

This anime is mediocre because the source material is mediocre.

The music videos are cool but they are (and this is going to sound crazy) fucking music videos.

The fact that this looks like monogatari gives people an easy way of pegging everything of Shaft, as though they intentionally made this shit just to piss you off.

The creator of the MVs and LNs is on the staff. He checks every episode before it goes out. Stop crying like little girls.

And before anyone says it, yes, I'm a Shaft fanboy.

And regardless of how much you cry and moan because your teenage boy fiction novels got adapted poorly, Shaft will continue cashing the madoka checks.

#JELLY #RAGE@SHAFT #TEAMSHINBOU #GOTEAMSHINBOU
Jun 3, 2014 9:32 AM

Jul 2012
neko san~
Jun 4, 2014 7:00 AM

May 2014
Hiyori is fucking annoying.

Jun 5, 2014 6:05 PM

Aug 2010
One of the better episodes so far.
Jun 8, 2014 2:47 PM

Jun 2013
First half was decent, though Hiyori was a bit annoying. Second half made zero sense.
Jun 23, 2014 11:06 AM

Aug 2013
Wow. I can't say anything else. 5/5
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 23, 2014 6:43 PM

Apr 2014
Hiyori is extremely fucking annoying. I can't stand her attitude. Snobby as hell.
Jun 27, 2014 6:24 PM

Mar 2014
PrincessAhri said:
Hiyori is extremely fucking annoying. I can't stand her attitude. Snobby as hell.
i agree

and i do not know what is goin on in this anime but it's interesting
Jul 5, 2014 12:09 AM

Mar 2008
Was that a ginga nagareboshi gin reference, it was slightly hilarious
Otherwise, I have no idea what is going on.
Jul 5, 2014 6:07 AM

Jun 2013
Ayano is still mysterious, for me.
I like Hibiya, he's so adorable. Konoha is also a cool guy. Hiyori is kinda annoying to me.
Time loops, time loops everhwhere. Oh, before the ending credit, on the truck scene - my heart stopped.
Jul 5, 2014 6:19 AM

Jun 2014
Whenever Hiyori dies in Hibiya's premonition, she's sort of mumbling something. What is it? I've finished the show but those were never revealed.
Jul 25, 2014 9:37 PM

Sep 2011
OH my god... I am watching this right now and I am near the point of dropping this show.

This new guy, wahtever his name was, is fucking abused to HELL by that girl. How the HELL does he still like her? I'm assuming that he knew her BEFORE this event? He must really like getting his D stomped on then, because the amount of shit this girl throws at the guy is unreal. He cooks a delicious looking meal, he buys her something, he betas out, and she gets to bitch.

Holy crap. Add that and the autistic guy and you get a happy and dysfunctional family right there. Bada bing bada boom.

And the the way the guy acts, "OMG city is so scary! OMG! she is gonna fall for me!" I am sure its a stage that most people go through, but the combination of these characters just made this cringeworthy to watch.

That was a really boring episode. First of all, the repeats were near endless 8 level and I had to skip them. Second, the "metro" background design that they used for monogatari is not a cure-all. It sort of made sense here since these characters are suppose to be song characters, thus wearing all those J-hipster(I don't have a better to describe them) style clothing. But the background and the abstract signs were REALLY boring to look at since there was virtually no dialogue. Its good to make characters stand out to say that they're special, but this kind of scenary just kind of... had a boring feeling to it.

No dialogue + the backgrounds = time passing by slowly. Also didn't help that the characters were irritable.
GodlyKyonJul 25, 2014 9:50 PM
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jul 26, 2014 11:33 AM

Sep 2011
This is the first episode of a show that I actually bothered to vote 2 before... The problem lies FAR beyond just the characters. It lies with the very approach with the show.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jul 29, 2014 5:05 AM

Jun 2009
As someone with no background knowledge of the series, I'm vaguely reminded of the set-up of Mawaru Penguindrum during some of the more mind tripping scenes of the series. But to add that MP is better than MCA so far. Going to leave the rating open for now, as I hope the series picks up somewhat. Not my highest priority, but I am curious.
Jul 29, 2014 9:16 PM

Apr 2010
This is getting much better, did he really die? I feel sad now. . . I feel bad for him too. . . .
Aug 4, 2014 8:26 PM

Jun 2011
Kid was damn cool. Now I am interested in this Kagerou Project.

Edit: Shinbou should really stop with his head tilting fetish.
ToG25thBaamAug 4, 2014 8:30 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 7, 2014 3:10 AM
May 2012
Oh, come on, dude. Hiyori is a bitch!! Stop it =_=
This episode reminded me of Steins;Gate. Miyano is here, too, which is nice.
I know nothing about the songs, and I think that's a good thing?? Since, y'all keep saying that they ruined it.
Aug 15, 2014 6:22 AM

Mar 2014
Ayano with the Big sister figure , make her debut !!! (I LOVE HER SO MUCH !!!)
The "Cold" Summer heat .. !!
She's being "Tsundere" enough .
Hibiya's persuasions !!
Heat haze !!! .. the never-ending world of time loops of the limitless possible circumstances !!
so all this time , he was in the heat haze trying to save her every time !!? .. so in reality , they're stuck in the heat haze because .. they died at the same moment and day ... the feels ... tears.
Pretty great episode ... !!!
The Little monster finds happiness .. !!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2014 3:05 AM

Sep 2012
I'm still a bit confused and can't really see how this will become easier to understand. Although I'm starting to like some of the charas.

Aaah, Ginga Densetsu Weed reference :D
Aug 18, 2014 9:31 PM

Jul 2008
Mekakucity Actors episode 4: The episode has a split-personality, i.e. Shafted.

"We've branched together two plotlines already, so we'll branch out another again" is their thinking.
Sep 6, 2014 12:55 AM

Jul 2013
great! an annoying ungrateful loli bitch who is in love with an albino robot and a mashochistic prepubescent and equally annoying dumb pathetic kid... am I supposed to be entertained with this? and the abstract art? that's not unique that's just plain lack of budget and laziness.
Sep 17, 2014 9:38 PM

Jun 2011
VanishingKira said:
Hiyori was already my least favorite character from KagePro and this episode didn't help seeing how annoying she was.Make me almost not cares that she was run over and killed (atleast in the anime,my image of Hiyori in the songs hasn't change,she didn't seem like a total bitch there).

This. This exactly. I only watched the music video for Heat Haze Days in preparation for this show... AND SEEING HIYORI HERE MADE ME WANT TO DROP KICK HER. I literally listened to her and kept saying "WHAT A BITCH..." And I knew it was coming with her. And I still didn't care, whereas in the video itself, I was like "Oh... :("
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Oct 24, 2014 11:04 AM

May 2012
Well this sure had a total different atmosphere around the episode but it sure was interest, so let's see what's next!
Nov 24, 2014 7:31 PM

Sep 2014
Im glad this wuss is dead; he was getting on my nerves

"serves you right" - love this quote
Feb 8, 2015 4:48 PM

Sep 2013
So wtf is with this episode? Did Hiyori tried to commit suicide every single time or is this some steins;gate shite where she is suppose to die?
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Feb 13, 2015 5:18 PM
Dec 2014
Freakin' cat
Feb 16, 2015 3:03 PM

Jul 2013
ihusmal1234 said:
My head is just full of "what" right now. I'm not sure what that craziness was but at least the song was good.

Haha me too. This is considered one of the trippiest episode I had ever seen. I kept on saying "what" out loud a lot, too. Lol when I first saw Konoha in this episode I immediately said, "Are you a Vocaloid?!" out loud in front of my computer. Lol
Jul 7, 2015 9:51 AM
Mar 2009
Well that was confusing as hell. Was that supposed to be a dream sequence or what?
Aug 22, 2015 4:45 AM

Aug 2012
So uh...contrary to majority, I like it. My favorite part is definitely the beginning though. It's driving me insane though because I can't find the song that plays while Hibiya talks to whatserface scarf girl in the beginning.
Sep 26, 2015 12:20 PM

Jul 2014
Interesting episode. Even though I didn't quite get the last sequences. Was that all a dream? Or was the last scene where he got hit by the truck reality? Damn, I'm confused.
Nov 7, 2015 9:32 PM
Jun 2015
SolviteWoTaberu said:
Belindartine said:

I wouldn't say that the novels are mediocre. Jin's writing isn't bad, nothing special but "mediocre", that's a little harsh in my opinion.
The depth already was in the music videos, the plot is there, it's hard to understand just by watching the PVs but everything makes sense one way or another.
Oh, and excuse me, I really think that this episode is terrible in comparison with the source material. I expected something greater, now I'm frustrated. I won't have high expectations for the next eps I guess aaa

Congrats. You prefer cheesy light novels and music videos to the cheesy anime.

You deserve a meal at a 5 star restaurant.

Can I have what you've been smoking?
Nov 16, 2015 8:43 AM

Jul 2014
I wish they would stop putting insert songs in the episodes.

You are not cool, Shaft.

2/5
Nov 17, 2015 6:46 AM

Jul 2014
JewellTH said:
64SuperNintendo said:
I wish they would stop putting insert songs in the episodes.

You are not cool, Shaft.

2/5

The song is to heavily show how this is based on a vocaloid series.

Yes, I know that this is based on a Vocaloid series, but I think Vocaloid is dumb. I just started watching this because the premise seemed like it had potential (even though it is so far really not delivering on it).

If I wanted to watch music videos, I would watch the actual music videos.

The rest of the anime is poorly-made anyway, so this is a minor complaint.
Apr 6, 2016 1:45 PM
Jul 2015
???????????????????????
??? nani the fuck ?????????
???????????????????????

wow all the girls on this series are super annoying, Kido is the only cool one damn

the white guy is too white
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

» Mekakucity Reload ???? When ???

Ghefira - Mar 30, 2023

7 by dargoid »»
Jan 21, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2014

284 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 12:12 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

170 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2014

242 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 11:10 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2014

501 by Strikrr »»
Aug 2, 2023 5:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.