Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 1, 2016 4:05 PM

Aug 2012
Kampane said:
After really enjoying the grittiness of the last season, I'm really disappointed after this episode. Although I'm glad to see Akira getting closer with Michelle, the whole atmosphere the first season created feel ruined. I guess the developers felt like they needed to switch to pg-13 ecchi to sell more copies of the blu-rays.

well ecchi does not fit to that kind of anime,comedy too.
developers are brainless.
i adored that gore!
Apr 1, 2016 4:42 PM

Sep 2014
For me , everything - Cockroaches and Humans look worse than in Season 1. This style lacks that feeling , darkness of Horror..

Really , and now Ecchi here , In Mars ?
Apr 1, 2016 4:49 PM

Apr 2014
Pros: No big ass black circle censoring
Cons: Built in censoring with less blood and more nippleless boobs, shittiest animation in anime since Dragon Ball Super episode 5, and dafuq they making it seem like the good guys can only do punch attacks now? Even the sound felt off too.

Overall disappointment. I think I'd rather have the black circles back than all these bad changes from the new studio.
Apr 1, 2016 4:55 PM

Apr 2014
I have mixed feelings since I liked the darker tone and gore of the first season. They went from Seinen --> Shounen

Apr 1, 2016 4:55 PM

Oct 2014
Toei would be proud of this.

For some reason reminded me of this.

Apr 1, 2016 5:06 PM

Jul 2010
Terra Formars changed into Tokusatsu Formars !!
Apr 1, 2016 5:07 PM
Jul 2018
S1 had alot of complains
S2 more complains
with what? the animation ofc. people never stop complaining cuz they want better animation.
more budget means better animation? nope not really cuz there are some anime with better quality but poor storyline.

overall if you didn't like it drop it. no one's forcing you to watch what you don't like, sure they made changes just to accomodate these complains (even in japan they still recieve complains from they're viewers).
Apr 1, 2016 5:08 PM
Oct 2013
This is gonna be one of the most painful ride for me this season.
It's like going from watching The Walking Dead to watching Power Rangers...

How could they switch to an animation studio that hasn't done violent fight scenes before?
Apr 1, 2016 5:38 PM

Oct 2014
By adding humor the series looks like FT or OP wanna be.

Apr 1, 2016 6:09 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Yeahhhhhh after seeing some screenshots of this this hearing about how they made this PG-13 I'm not going to even bother watching this

I knew ever since the PV came out that this was going to look like shit, but not to this extent lol
Apr 1, 2016 6:25 PM

Oct 2014
Tokoya said:
Yeahhhhhh after seeing some screenshots of this this hearing about how they made this PG-13 I'm not going to even bother watching this

I knew ever since the PV came out that this was going to look like shit, but not to this extent lol

I'll let you know when the best scene/fights are half-assed AGK style.
Apr 1, 2016 6:36 PM

Mar 2014
Trash. Absolutely trash.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Apr 1, 2016 6:43 PM

May 2013
Yea this new animation and artstyle gives no tension whatsoever during the fight scenes. The fighting just looked really shitty. So it looks like the only good thing about this series is now gone thanks to the changes...
Apr 1, 2016 6:56 PM

Jul 2014
If this was Japan's april fool's joke it sure was funny
Apr 1, 2016 7:11 PM

Feb 2013
Wtf did I just watch? Also...THEY KILLED ADOLF WITHOUT EVEN INTRODUCING HIM PROPERLY IN THIS "VERSION" URGH. I saw him for a split second as they panned over everyone and then at the end, oh yeah btw Adolf is dead that sucks...WHY. I guess his story is too much for this...whatever this is.

Can someone tell me wtf this is? Seriously. The books are great, s1 minus the censorship was really good...so...what IS THIS?
Apr 1, 2016 7:39 PM

Mar 2009
I see this show is still terrible. Hell, this might be even worse now. Oh, well. Guess I'll continue to watch for Michelle.
Apr 1, 2016 7:51 PM

Dec 2008
Hisio said:
What the fuck happened to art and animation ????

I was going to ask the exact same question. Its terrible!
Apr 1, 2016 7:59 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I don't think the new character designs are that bad, they're not drastically different (hm but yeah, Michelle's body is not as muscular as it should be). But anyways, the problem is probably the color palette. They changed it from the faded, dull colors to a bright, shounen-ish color palette. I sure don't recall the blue and red colors on their uniforms to pop out so much, nor was any of their hair colors super eye-catching. Michelle's hair now looks like highlighter yellow or something.

It's been awhile since I last touched the manga, but did the super-saiyan Akari really happen? o_o Maybe it did, but it didn't feel cheesy like it did here.

One thing that I really liked though was the music. They sure upgraded, imo. The first season's music didn't really catch my attention, but from the very beginning of this episode, I felt that it was engaging. As if I actually really wanted to watch the episode, heh. They changed all the staff so I guess we should not be expecting this season to feel the same as the last. Whether this is a good or bad thing depends though.
Apr 1, 2016 7:59 PM

Jun 2012
This feels so much more lighter than the first season.
Cracking jokes and genki girls.
Apr 1, 2016 8:16 PM
Jun 2012
i've been looking forward to this since the s2 announcement.
i can't believe they've done this.
now i have to find some other seinen anime that i haven't seen yet to fill in for this disappointment.
Apr 1, 2016 9:45 PM
May 2015
I don't care about animation, They have adapted the wrong Manga, Who liked this are the shonen fans who never read the manga or a seinen Story,I am extremely disappointed, Terra formars turned a Cliche Shonen. Missing soundtrack, Art, Gore, Tension from S1
Apr 1, 2016 9:51 PM
Jul 2018
well that was boring... So many flashbacks[something i always disliked] on the first ep :/
Apr 1, 2016 10:42 PM
Feb 2015
I saw the first minute and i was like ok no problem they changed the animation and the details that made them badass in the s1 but ok but the in the fight scene holi fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk it was like to see the worst shity fight in naruto like wtffff s1 in every fight you now that will see epicness in every pucnh and kick but this locked like some kind of bad martial japanise movie is was so fucking boring i almost closed the video but in memory of last season i handled to continue

Dudes i dont freaking mind if they make the s2 again like in 3 years but with the same team wich they the had in season 1 and japaneses i beleave they will be satisfied to

OH MEN i just saw the 1 episode of jojos diamon unbreakable and them i saw that shit and i was like what that hell just happend this must be a joke

I dont know if those japanise directors or studios have any quality control but fuck them you have to fired them or maybe contrac someone off common knowleged about anime and after complete the episode 1 showed him and waited to tell you that you make a piece of shit so hateable that you you probably will make the end of an amazing anime cause no one will see the show unless you take back the previuos team and prey for god to see some money coming to you

Well men so fucking dessapointned i knew it that trailer was a bad fealing some part of my heart broke apart thanks fucking hype

R.I.P Terraformars
rideryou2Apr 1, 2016 11:51 PM
Apr 1, 2016 11:36 PM
Feb 2015
A little piece of greatness for the ones who has forgotten the s1 and how freaking shity is this one compared

Apr 1, 2016 11:42 PM
Jun 2015
I thought it was decent, its been awhile since i saw the first season though
Apr 2, 2016 12:00 AM

Jul 2015
WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED ? i remember liking the first season, i tough it was not a bad manga adaptation but what the fuck is this, not the gore anymore ? why ? shitty animation ? i'm so disappointing.......
Apr 2, 2016 12:00 AM

Jan 2015
Lol, I liked the 1st season despite all the hate, but this 1sy episode of the 2nd season was just....ewwww.

I won't even put this anime in my dropped list
Apr 2, 2016 12:13 AM

Aug 2015
That's first episode was a train-wreck.
It's now a fucking edgy shounen series just like Tokyo Ghoul least in the anime. *cough ROOT A*
Ultra laughable
Worst anime of the year and it made Erased look good and Erased least for me was awful.
0.5/10
Apr 2, 2016 12:16 AM

Oct 2008
WTF is this ****?
The obvious changes like art style, which seriously doesn't fit the horror theme aside.

What's with these little expression bubbles? (or whatever it is called..)

What's with the 180 turn of Michelles personality?!

The idea of fighting humanoid cockroaches on mars was prety bad by itself.
But i loved the execution, all that gore, lots of action, dark and gloomy atmosphere, serious characters.
-
What do we have now?!
The badass "heroin" went full tsundere on us.
The characters all went from "we came here to earn money for xyz, but now we are doomed to die" to "sigh, oh well, im here and shit, but that's ok"

Suggested tags: Action, Horror, Sci-Fi, Space, Comedy / PG 13
Apr 2, 2016 12:21 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
GC-Wave said:
Tokoya said:

I'll let you know when the best scene/fights are half-assed AGK style.
I don't even think I want to watch the good fight scenes (Especially Joseph's) lol
Apr 2, 2016 12:23 AM
Oct 2012
As long as i can see michelle boobs
Apr 2, 2016 12:27 AM

Apr 2014
Kagami said:
Why is everybody defending S1 when back when it was first airing everybody called the show trash? It went beyond the censoring shit too.

Weird.

This. Everyone seems to have forgotten how bad S1 was

EDIT: not saying this episode was good, it was trash
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2016 12:29 AM

Feb 2015
looks like this show has many ecchi scene.
i guess i will try to watch it just for the ecchi LOL XD
Apr 2, 2016 12:30 AM
Jul 2018
The new art style was nice!
Apr 2, 2016 12:48 AM

May 2013
Tohka_Yatogami said:
The new art style was nice!

April Fools is already over man...
Apr 2, 2016 1:15 AM

Jun 2014
i don't find the art and animation that bad, but the comedy omg that was a BIG no no
Apr 2, 2016 1:38 AM

Jul 2014
Very good video on the topic:

Apr 2, 2016 1:47 AM

May 2014
Kagami said:
Why is everybody defending S1 when back when it was first airing everybody called the show trash? It went beyond the censoring shit too.

Weird.

Dont be fooled, the first season was indeed trash , but this season is even worse.
Apr 2, 2016 3:10 AM

Oct 2012
Wtf? I wasn't much of a fan of season 1 but this is just horrible. That's gotta be the worst fighting scenes I've ever seen.
Apr 2, 2016 4:00 AM

Jul 2012
First censorship and now animation... when will people stop harp on Terra Formars for trivial reasons? It's exhausting...
Apr 2, 2016 4:06 AM

Jan 2016
Someone tell me this is a late April Fools joke... I loved the look of season 1 and the dark focus that it had, now we have some shitty harem-comedy anime with generic art style.
Apr 2, 2016 4:47 AM

Jul 2007
So finally the show looks on the outside the way it was on the inside.

I don't know. I really disliked the try-hard edgelordery of the first season so if they play it more self-aware and comedic, I might like this season more. Terraformars always felt like a parody of Hollywood Blockbusters to me, so if they get that feeling this might end up being better than first season.

The only way to do concept as ridiculous and immature as Terraformars(genetically enhanced bug people fight mutated cockroach aliens!) is to go full silly anyway.

Also the OP is glorious compared to the first. First one was good too, but I already want a full ver of this song. Reminds me of 80's/90's tokusatsu and scifi cyborg anime openings. All it really lacked was sfx for the scenes being overlaid on top of the song.

Either way it makes sense for them to try something new since the first series tanked hard and were pretty much critically panned. If not for LA movie this would not even exist. And it would be a silly mistake to repeat the previous season which everyone hated.

Snowkitsune said:
Very good video on the topic:

> Chibi video
> The idiot rants about how "gritty seinen" the first show was, when most of it was hilariously laughable and unintentionally funny.
> implies the first show or the manga are somehow mature

How is that a good video?
AhenshihaelApr 2, 2016 5:22 AM
Apr 2, 2016 5:12 AM

Nov 2012
The art of animation really got worse.. All the characters are pathetic compared to how badass they were in season 1 just so sad :/
Apr 2, 2016 5:26 AM

Mar 2013
Kagami said:
Ishinomorii said:

There was uncensored edition if you didnt know, captain fly away.

I know.. That had nothing to do with what I just said though. S1 was bashed for pacing, censoring, how it looked, animation, cliche characters, dull story, horrible execution. How time has cured all wounds.

The others are up to opinion but the censoring had nothing to do with the anime lmao. It was really obviously not done by the studio themselves. Have you ever seen caps of what other animes look like on Japanese TV? Akame Ga Kill, for instance, was censored in its TV airing with the same big black circles. They're done by the actual TV station, so the simulcast doesn't have them. What happened with the first three eps of Terra Formars was obviously a mistake and one they instantly rectified. I can't believe people are still shitting on the show for it.
Apr 2, 2016 5:34 AM

Mar 2011
Lol, you are fucking with me right?

This is a completely different anime.

Terra Formers was a pretty bad anime to begin with, but what it did have going for it was it's tone and tension. It was a fight for survival, where you could expect characters to die at any given moment, and for bloods and guts etc.

This change has removed everything about it. It's now just an utter pile of shite.

The only thing this series is good for is to provide an example of how important anime directors can be.
Apr 2, 2016 5:39 AM

Jan 2016
Infinite said:
Terra Formers was a pretty bad anime to begin with

it was not, it was pretty awesome.
Apr 2, 2016 5:48 AM

Jan 2011
this was so... bad. in so many ways. the random ecchi shower scene made me so uncomfortable and.. the chibis.... why...
listen, i know s1 was bad (tho i liked it, probably because i dont read the manga? idk) but s2... its only ep1 and i already wanna drop it. :/
Apr 2, 2016 6:44 AM

Feb 2014
yeah .. going to skip this season 2 .. didn't really like the first one but this is even worse
Apr 2, 2016 7:00 AM

Mar 2011
Sakuraoka said:
Infinite said:
Terra Formers was a pretty bad anime to begin with

it was not, it was pretty awesome.

Thank you for sharing your opinion.
Apr 2, 2016 7:13 AM

Jul 2014
Honestly what happened with the production of this series, ignoring the fact that they started the season terrible why does it seem the ENTIRE tone of the show changed and the animation quality seems half as good as the first season.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Terra Formars Revenge Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2016

90 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 30, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Revenge Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2016

35 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 30, 5:42 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Revenge Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

34 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 30, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Revenge Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2016

32 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 30, 4:16 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Revenge Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 27, 2016

32 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 30, 2:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.