Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 »
Jul 10, 2019 10:16 AM

Dec 2018
Welp, Ginoza end up in the same position as his father.

Akane saying the same line in the same weather in the same situation to the newbie as Ginoza did. Deja vu.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Aug 7, 2019 9:53 PM
Jul 2018
Okay finale wrapped the average cop show all in all. I liked the middle episodes quite abit more until that nonsensical "big" reveal and the first couple of episodes were meh.

My biggest gripe is that the show never much accomplices much really within 22 episodes and the story wasn't that anything special.. I can see some of the trademarks the writer have similar with other his other works but the many main characters didn't end up much likable to me and the Biggest weakness is that the show ends with a weak climax it basically sets up with a 2nd season and does not live upto tension built up nor answered many of the BIG questions..
Aug 26, 2019 10:16 PM

Dec 2012
It's an endless cycle

Oct 6, 2019 4:30 AM
Oct 2018
Quite frustrating ending imo. I wonder how season 2 will be and what role Kougami will play in it. I guess I will discover that in few minutes...
Oct 13, 2019 10:35 AM

Mar 2019
Urobuchi has fucked my mind again
01010100 01110010 01100001 01100100 01110101 01100011 01110100 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01101001 01101111
Dec 11, 2019 4:26 AM
Jul 2016
My major complaints with this show are the writing and animation. Starting with the animation, I found it to be fairly average and well below the standards I expect of Production I.G., the makers of Ghost in the Shell: SAC, a considerably better looking show than Psycho-Pass despite being a decade older. I understand that SAC had a much larger budget but come on, the advancements in animation production should account for the discrepancy in budget. Most scenes have what I can only describe as a white filter that de-saturates the colors and makes the show look worse. The second opening has more vibrant colors in a single frame than 99.9% of the show. As a side note, I enjoyed the OPs and EDs from this show a lot. As per most modern TV anime, the bloom effect was on full blast, and I am not a fan. The CG was amateurish and was not properly blended with the more traditional animation cells. The most common source of CG was the Dominator, which only served to take me out of the show with its various transformations. One word to describe the animation would be bland.

The writing of the show, being the characters and the plot, would require much more analysis to be fully comprehended, but I can say that it lacks in several ways. Akane who is the main character or co-main character depending on who you ask, is largely ineffectual in delivering justice. When first confronted by the main bad guy, she is too helpless [read: spineless] to save her friend who is being tortured and killed. If the Dominator is telling you the guy is harmless after slashing someone's back open, the Dominator is faulty. It would not take a super intelligent person to figure that out, let alone someone who scored highest marks on her aptitude test. During the second encounter with main bad guy (MBG), she is able to sneak attack for a knockout, but is unable finish him off even though she knows that most likely he will not face justice. The third time she confronts MBG, she delays Kogami from killing an already mortally wounded MBG. In fact, if she had not shown up that episode, Kogami would have still killed MBG!

As far as the plot goes, the MBG's ultimate motivations are clear; he wants to dismantle the Sibyl system. As a side project early on in the show and for several years prior, he helps various people indulge their illegal desires. What I don't understand is why he waited until the last episodes to tear down the Sibyl system. Correct me if I am wrong, but nothing he learned throughout the season changed his opinion of Sybil nor his ultimate goal. He wanted to "hunt" Kogami but his reasons for doing so are practically 'just because'. He is an outcast, someone who suffers in anonymity, but is also someone who wants to hurt people for both pleasure and as a means of destroying Sybil's grip on society. In the middle of the show he generates helmets that hide Psycho-Pass readings to cause perceptions of Sybil to slip. It's never explained how he acquired these helmets and it is assumed (by me) that he made them himself. So not only is he a expert hacker, a connoisseur of philosophy, excellent with martial arts, charismatic, and lucky enough to be (one in two million) criminally asymptomatic, but he is also capable of mass producing extreme feats of engineering. As a villain, he has too much going for him.

These next sections are just an unorganized group of problems I had with the "world" of the show. The scene where the woman is getting beaten to death makes no sense. The civilians of this city are are able recognize danger! The people in the riots can recognize their lives are in danger. Same with the people in the classroom scene. Even the woman who got bludgeoned was able to feel fear prior to the first swing. There is no logical in-universe way to explain the surrounding onlookers' non-reaction to the crime. If a baby was stripped from its mother's arms and bludgeoned in the same way, am I supposed to believe the mother nor anyone else would intervene? Of course not and that's bad writing.

It is explained several times throughout the show that the Sybil System is founded on faith and that faith is fragile. So fragile in fact that when people lose faith and can abuse the system, literal riots occur. This is the same distrusting populace that don't put locks on their homes. It doesn't make sense that people eager to commit violence will also allow violence to so easily be done against them. In that sense, the populace alternates from placid to violent murderous rioters rapidly. Not everybody, but a non-negligible percentage.

I expected more from Production I.G. but I also had problems with Eden of the East. When I think about the final score, I think about how okay the show was. Not excelling in any way I can remember. Not failing majorly either. 5/10. If this show has what you consider good writing as I have seen many say, that's fine, I only want to explain myself.
NinjaWitShurikenDec 11, 2019 4:32 AM
Dec 11, 2019 10:26 PM

Nov 2016
Who's "we" and who's the person he expected to kill him, I wonder this will be something really interesting, but don't think we will have a villain as good as we had.
Dec 20, 2019 12:31 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Given the stellar buildup from the previous episodes, I can’t help but feel a little let-down by this ending in all honesty.

With that said however, I found it very appreciable how they focused and exploited more on the psychology side of things on the other hand. Akane’s a really tough nut to crack (definitely best not to underestimate her), better luck next time Sybil.

Masaoka old man’s demise really hit too, he was one of top favourites for lord’s sake. Kagari first and now him, darn it. At least Makishima has been taken care of, I suppose.

Pretty good fighting scenes this episode too, that fist fight. Akane clinging on and then blowing up the wheels was a pretty cool move too! But hey, good thing the gun was out of ammo. I was honestly expecting Makishima to babble on and on until Kougami would eventually intervene or something of the sort lol.

Anyway, that was a tame end to Makishima all things considered imo. I’d a feeling Kougami would go for the kill in the end but then somehow rejoin back, but I suppose that’s not really how it works right?

Jeez, that little reveal though. I finally understand that scene from the first episode of Yayoi adjusting her tie while leaving the room and Shion pulling up her stockings right after followed by Akane’s little smile. Damn, I wish they’d bring this up earlier too lol, how cruel that they only shoot hints at this at the very start (2nd episode, to be precise) and the very last episode.

Now then, keeping that aside, it’s nice to see the new group. I could tell that Ginoza’s crime measurement would exceed the limit but I didn’t think he’d follow the same path as his father. Like father, like son, huh? It’s a good thing his arm recovered by the way, I thought it’d be done for considering the damage he sustained earlier. Akane, meanwhile, going on to repeat the words of her former co-worker with her a little alteration was really nice too, goes to show how much she’s grown this season. I’m highly curious to see how she’ll do as a senior as well.

Overall, this was a really cool binge ride for me! I’ve been meaning to give this series a shot for the longest time so it’s great to finally have done so. Definitely intriguing stuff with the futuristic setting and mysteries clouding but I feel like the final few episodes could have been handled better to end off a fine note. Perhaps another episode or two could’ve done the trick but welp no helping that. Awesome antagonist though, Makishima Shouko definitely made this an intriguing watch! Sadly, Kougami and Makishima were just on two different sides.

Plot-wise, I feel like we have barely just scratched the surface but so far so good. Most of the characters, including the villain, are really cool in their respective ways too, so that’s another department well covered. Sound Department was the pick of the lot for me, loved both the Op and ED (still prefer the first ones over the second though) and some of the tracks were simply fab! No real complaints over the VA and Sound Effects either. Animation-wise, it was good to see that Production I.G. weren’t holding back with the gore-y element and it was pretty good overall (the CG though definitely needed a bit more work no doubt) I reckon. Off many a times but it delivered when it mattered so no biggies from my side.

As such, I’ll give this season a solid 8.50/10! I loved its approach on the cyberpunk setting and criminology aspects so a bonus +0.25, 8.25 in reality.

Sibyl is still on and I can’t wait to see Akane prove ‘em wrong! Off to Season 2!
_MushiRock11_Dec 29, 2019 2:22 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 12, 2020 4:33 AM

Mar 2017
that plot twist tho...

something's expanding and it's not the dominator
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Feb 21, 2020 3:54 AM

Apr 2015
One long-standing problem I had with this is that it lacks subtlety, not only in individual scenes but the whole setting and story too. It delivers effective commentary on society, but often it comes off as preachy and overly straightforward/explicit; the characters and setting are engineered to convey the exact message of the show, not organically carrying the message while telling their own compelling story. Thus it all feels like reading a textbook rather than fiction, and textbooks are rarely more fun compared to fiction. 7/10
Mar 4, 2020 11:48 PM

Dec 2019
Huh i might say im not disappointed at the ending, since it ended like it started plus she said to the new recruit the same things Ginoza said to her.
                                                         🖤   

Jun 5, 2020 11:04 PM
Sep 2015
Im so glad I watched this series(s1). I started it when it came out a few years ago when I was young and at that moment in time would continuously drop animes (Ik v bad 💀), but now, 8 years later, in 2020 I have finished the first season.

Really want to read all the books quoted in psycho pass. Only quote I knew was the Bible verse in the last episode.

There’s a video where someone reads all the books quoted in ‘You’, it’d be cool to do something like that for this season/series. Maybe it’s been done already
Jun 6, 2020 6:08 AM
Jan 2020
i was rooting so hard for the bad guys man...
Jun 19, 2020 11:47 AM

Jan 2014
My heart ~ fckin love this show! A little embarrassed it took me a third rewatch to realize that the new inspector is the girl from the academy LOLL (and I found out from a random comment T.T)

So happy I rewatched this, it still stands up. 10/10 forever!

Edit: I never realized just how much Makishima's death reminds me of Light's death in Death Note
laputiaJun 19, 2020 4:03 PM
Jul 15, 2020 8:58 PM
Oct 2019
Weak and fucking pathetic. That is what Akane is. Willingly being a Sibyl pawn. Thinking that Sibyl is good for society. Fuck her. I was truly hoping they would kill her.

Also, I fast forwarded through the whole Komagi chase through the fields. Bunch of nonsense philosophical mumbo jumbo.

Kind of sad that that dude went from Inspector to Enforcer. But it brings his story full circle. Also makes it pretty obvious that all detectives turn into hounds eventually. It's inevitable. Pretty lame that Akane gave the rookie the same speech she received on her first day. Pfft.

Overall, the final episode was mediocre. But the season was decent overall. Somewhere 6-7/10.
Jul 22, 2020 8:49 AM

Sep 2018
OH MY GOD what a show this is. I feel so empty now...
“Anything that gets your blood racing is probably worth doing.”
~Hunter S. Thompson

Aug 19, 2020 8:33 AM

Jul 2020
Great character development for Akane. She was such a bad ass on that truck scene. I know she hates the truth about the system but she’s smart and knows her capabilities. And even though she hates it she still knows how people are dependent on it and might cause a lot more problem if it will be destroyed right away. But I do hope she will do something about it in Season 2.

I agree on how Makishima died in Kogame’s hands. Even though I liked him and rooted for him somehow, he still did dirty job and killed people just to achieve his goals. So maybe he ended up dying because he is not the best person to end the Sybil System. It would not be good as well if he will be captured and ended up being used by the Public Safety Bureau. And I think the best fit to destroy their society might be Kogame especially if he learns the truth about it.

Great ending and season. I’m still battling if I’ll give it a 8/10 or a 9/10. But overall I’m satisfied with the entire season and how they ended it.
Aug 24, 2020 11:43 PM
Jul 2019
And that's the end for both Makishima and Kougami. Great show. The premise was unique, something I've never seen in anime before, and it was executed greatly.

Too bad the sequel sucks, according to everyone. When Kougami left, so did the series.

Anyways, that's a 9/10.
Nov 9, 2020 3:45 PM

Apr 2020
Ginoza becomes the enforcer, and at the end like the first episode, when Ginoza explains the police work to Tsunemori
Nov 10, 2020 11:23 PM

Dec 2014
That makishima scene is one of the most beautiful death I've ever seen.
Watch aria the animation and it's sequel.
Nov 23, 2020 2:20 PM

Feb 2009
It gave me a sort of GitS fix that has been missing for a while, but even if it is not as good, it is still a series with its own identity.

What was captivating about Psycho-pass was the main villain and the moral dilemma that the main characters found themselves into. Loved the sci fi elements and the setting, and the casting was for the most part interesting despite some questionable dicisions at some parts...

Anyway, good mature anime, not interested in the sequels for now, but might watch the movie at some point. 8/10
Dec 2, 2020 2:40 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Not as coherent or concise as I would’ve liked. Vague words don’t mean much so let me just say that I didn’t feel much payoff in the end. Shougo wasn’t really the mastermind I was hoping for, he did have some sort of plan but really it felt like he was just instigating random crimes throughout for fun. And yeah kougami just basically says you suck to him and shoots him and he’s dead and that’s it. Sybil system is still in power so nothing changed there. Maybe that’s the point of the show, that nothing can be completely good and perfect, that as long as there’s law and order that the ends justify the means, and we as humans should just accept that because we are inherently evil and any form of order we can create for ourselves is good? I really don’t know it’s really up for grabs what psycho pass really is trying to convey, it’s up to you I guess.

Not a bad ending by any means, just overwhelming alright. I just felt that it deserved a better ending, as these final few episodes just felt slightly sub par to me. But everything leading up to these final moments I thoroughly enjoyed and was riveted for nearly the entire time. Definitely would’ve gotten an 8/10 from me if the ending packed more of significant of even emotional punch, but the rest of it was really good so I’m gonna land on a nice decent 7/10 from me. Will watch psycho pass 2 in the future but not right now because apparently it’s kind of trash and I’m in no mood for trash right now

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 1, 2021 6:54 PM
Apr 2016
Solitude? Really?! And it wasn't even complex, unique, or well-developed (Rakugo is one example of it being complex & well-developed), just the typical "I was different, so I felt left out." Furthermore, Kougami deduced it illogically as per usual. The rationalization of Makishima's actions, of course, is society as a whole and not just loneliness, but nonetheless it's just so dissatisfyingly frivolous. Depending on my psychology prowess I'll have to impugn the veracity of that kind of derivation — it hardly sounds plausible to me, someone wrongly not being marked by the criminal-coefficiency dingus wouldn't feel like they're "not human" or "don't belong with humans" (not 100% implausible, but still inordinately implausible). Kougami didn't have that kind of problem, so how did he even conclude that it was the crux nodus? Desiring for people to rely on their free-will — even if via heinous murder and psychological torture — is certainly a way to assuage your dissatisfaction with that kind of society, which was a product of him being a fucking massive flagitious psychopath; I'm giving the show points for that one. In general, they didn't go in-depth whatsoever into Makishima's psyche, they just proffered us a boring quasi-proper explanation that would hardly get a whopping A in a GCSE exam and said "yes, this has the psychological genre attached to it, but we won't explain anything in-depth anyway."

The dialogue was really nice in this show though, way above average but pale compared to LOTGH's or some other elitist anime.

Incredibly disappointing show overall, contradicted my fairly high expectations. Giving it a 6.5/10 nevertheless (rounding to a 7).
Jan 3, 2021 9:44 AM

Jun 2020
Pretty good season, undeniably carried by Kougami & Makishima. I actually can’t help but feel that Kougami would have been a way better MC/at least the narrative being told from his perspective this 1st season. Would have been much more compelling. He’s such a strong character! Akane’s has had some development too but I just don’t buy it. After having gone through all that, you would think it would affect her more. Guess they saved it for the next season but she’s always going to be way too goody good for her own good. Hopefully the next season proves otherwise?

Anyway, I really liked Ginoza, Masaoka, Kagari too :(
Ah....Ginoza no longer wearing his glasses because his dad said they have the same eyes. And now an Enforcer. Masaoka would have been proud. He always was! But in his own words, it’s too late :(

This last episode was visually stunning with great sound direction. But I felt like if Makishima & Kougami’s dynamics were played out a little more throughout this 1st season, then this last episode would have been so much more impactful. It was just Kougami trying to hunt him down & him knowing about Kougami & they only just briefly met on the first few occasions too. I still really liked their cat-and-mouse dynamic tho

Also. KOUGAMI BEST BOUIIIIIOOIIIIIIIII

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jan 28, 2021 2:32 AM

Feb 2012
I thought it was a great was as long as I thought of it mainly as a thriller. I wasn't impressed with the characters, and the writing was hit and miss. Some of the philosophical themes were great when they were used as parts of the plot and to convey this grey area in morality between inspectors and enforcers on the one hand, and on the other hand between Sibyl and those who'd oppose it. Particularly since the ones who were labelled criminals tried to bring down a system that can be seen either as oppression or liberation. And it's interesting that such a system actually liberates people from moral choices, and there's no one simple answer to how that's a good thing.

But then the series also was really heavy-handed at times trying to be deep, and that's where it failed spectacularly. This happened every time a character addressed the issues directly quoting Foucault, Weber or even Swift. Makishima as a character made me cringe most of the time because of it, as often it didn't even fit the situation, the plot or the characters. It fit even less when Kougami participated in the banter, but I guess they had to have him talk about Foucault just to make him Makishima's mirror. I can suspend my disbelief when it comes to floating brains controlling the society, but psychologically a character who's both an action hero and a philosopher is too much of a stretch. At least for me it's easier to accept technological impossibilities than psychological ones. And this kind of dialogue didn't make me think about philosophical issues, it seemed more like a way for the writers to show how well-read they are.

Also, particularly early on in the series, but even up until the end they had a lot of poorly written exposition, the "as you know" dialogue in which two characters go on about things they both already know. This is a staple of sci-fi series when there's a need to build the world somehow and let the viewers know what's going on, but it does start to annoy me if it happens a lot. This is also an issue of psychological realism. As a storytelling convention it can be accepted, but if you stop to think about why these people say the things they do, it really breaks the illusion.

So, great as a thriller if you don't think too much about the characters and their motivations, with some easy to digest philosophical problems that leave you wondering for a while, but nothing too serious. 8/10, but that's a generous score.
Feb 20, 2021 7:31 PM
Jan 2021
Will anyone fight the Sybil system?
Mar 3, 2021 4:19 AM
Jul 2020
I don't understand akane's thinking . She is willing to shoot kougami in the leg if he tried to kill a criminal and she said she can't over look crime. But she couldn't shoot a criminal in the head when he was about to kill an innocent civilian who is her friend only got involved because she is her friend and now she is willing to potentially let the criminal not face his charges because of the system. It seems like cowering inside the lines is more important to her than saving people. I also don't like how it looks like kougami leaving has more of an impact than yuki's death. Even though she is minor character she is close friend for whose death she is partly responsible , seeing as she couldn't shoot a criminal to save a civilian's life who dragged into this mess because she was a friend and also considering she was even given that option.
Svk32145Mar 3, 2021 4:43 AM
Mar 13, 2021 4:24 PM
Dec 2020
I’m sorry it’s not related to this list but I can’t seem to find help anywhere. I just want to know did Inspector Tsunemori the manga get printed in English? If this is the wrong place to ask can you Please tell me where to ask this question? Many thanks
Mar 21, 2021 5:14 AM
Sep 2015
This could've ended 11 episodes earlier if Akane just shot Makishima the first time around.

This could've ended 5 episodes earlier if "200 brains of collective intelligence" could secure an unarmed defenseless captive with hyper advanced sci-fi technology.

ac_bdMar 21, 2021 5:43 AM
Mar 21, 2021 5:39 AM
Sep 2015
My Hypothesis on why the MC sucks ass:

The MC is very shitty but this makes perfect sense given what we know about Sybil now. She was chosen by Sybil to be an inspector and Sybil (despite being otherwise incompetent meme tier "200 brains of collective intelligence") when deciding on who's an inspector, selects for someone who is a coward and will easily bend to Sybil's judgement now matter what.

She's literally the highest rated candidate meaning she must EXCEPTIONALLY awful. She's literally rated by Sybil as the worst of the worst and therefore the best qualified. Anybody else probably wouldve just shot Makishima to save their friend and neutralize an evil criminal who is an active threat and they're either 1. Already Enforcers or 2. Rated lower than MC for being an inspector.
Apr 1, 2021 8:10 PM

Jan 2016
Good show. 7 or 8 from me. I agree that this woulda been over sooner if they just had her shoot him the first time around. I liked the full-circle ending.
Jul 1, 2021 10:58 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Huh, so they were lesbians after all. Also Akane looks much more mature after the last few episodes when she was confronted about the reality of the Sybil System.

Overall, the show is very good, maybe not as much as it was recommended to me initially but worth the watch nonetheless. Mainly, there seem to be some research put into the books cited and the different political views being portrayed. Plus, the animation is fin enough for when it came up and the soundtrack bops at times mostyle thanks to the synth. Sadly I wasn't that much of a fan of the philosophy behind some of the dialogue as I couldn't keep up at times nor understand it. Either way, I might rewatch some bits from it in the future to get the full picture.

Now I wonder if I should start S2 right away. Hmmmm...
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jul 17, 2021 4:02 PM

Jul 2014
This kind of left me sad.

Makishimas mission destroyed, Kagari and Masaoka dead, Ginoza now an enforcer, Ko on the run, Akane now in the role that Ginoza was in episode one(which ended up with him becoming an enforcer), a new young Akane like recruit and Sibyl is still up and running as if nothing happened.

In the last few eps, I wasn't sure if Makishima was going to be stopped or succeed but was leaning towards hoping he would succeed.
Makishima was such a great villain, he did such twisted and messed up things but as the series went on my mind changed from wanting to stop him at all costs to coming to understand his thoughts (and maybe even agree with) him more and more. I think I agree with him that with Sibyl there is no more reason for people to do/be what makes us people and it should be taken down. Though looking at it from a more numbers based approach, like Sibyl, I can understand why things are the way they are, with the system you can maximize the number of people with happy and content (on paper at least) lives. Do the needs of the few out way the needs of the many? Either way, I cant imagine living in a world where everything was decided like this for me.

I also think Akane is naive if she thinks that Sibyl wont continue to become the perfect system.

Over all I really enjoyed it, there were some really great moments in this show, like with Makishima and Akanes one on one when he took Akanes friend hostage; it had some great concepts and a lot of episodes left me thinking about how I would react to that world or the situations the characters were in and how it compares to our world. Will be interesting to see how they proceed from this point.

Lastly, that soundtrack, god damn, it was amazing.
Jul 18, 2021 6:55 PM

Nov 2014
Damn best boy Makishima is dead. I really hope Kagami pulled a Detective Gordon and faked Makishima's death... I feel like we need someone like Makishima who's outside of the jurisdiction of the system in order to topple the system. Also, is it just me or does Akane give off psycho/sociopath vibes considering how her crime coefficient always remains low much like Makishima's regardless of what emotional turmoil she's going under?
Jul 20, 2021 9:37 PM
Dec 2017
this should have ended it here instead of making another season.

Aug 15, 2021 9:09 PM

Nov 2019
I couldn't hate Makishima --> I blame Sakurai-San for this. It is beautiful the way he talks about literature.
Sep 11, 2021 7:34 PM

Jan 2021
That was a pretty weak ending.
Sep 27, 2021 9:35 AM
Mar 2019
i just came to say i feel sorry for kagiri's end
Oct 23, 2021 10:16 AM

Mar 2021
I have a lot of things to say. First of all, at the start, we finally got that fight between makishima and kogami, all I was thinking was "just kiss already". Then when makishima was escaping like that, with the sunset and all, well, it reminded me of death note, obviously. Ginoza becoming an enforcer is just too perfect, sad in a way, but perfect. Also, though it's been pretty clear throughout the series, I liked that they made it super clear that yayoi and karanomori were dating, or something similar. And last but not least, the best part out of the whole series: Akane finally wore pants.

Though, I still don't like the fact that Akane learned what sybil actually was and just- kept working for it? it kinda makes me side with nobody since, I agreed with makishima but he was a murderer so oh well, and the rest are... disappointing, to say the least. But it was a good thought-provoking anime.
secondshelpOct 23, 2021 10:22 AM
Oct 23, 2021 10:24 AM

Mar 2021
ttcchen said:
Damn best boy Makishima is dead. I really hope Kagami pulled a Detective Gordon and faked Makishima's death... I feel like we need someone like Makishima who's outside of the jurisdiction of the system in order to topple the system. Also, is it just me or does Akane give off psycho/sociopath vibes considering how her crime coefficient always remains low much like Makishima's regardless of what emotional turmoil she's going under?

Oh yeah for sure, akane is one of those criminally apathetic people, or at least that's what I thought the series hinted at the whole time.
Dec 27, 2021 5:52 AM

Oct 2019
Just finished watching it, and it was fine.

Some terrible episodes were (for better or worse) left unexplored, like episode 4 and 5 and the whole avatar thing. If you removed them, probably the plot wouldn't have suffered a single a bit, so by the end of the season it feels like filler, as I don't think it helped to develop any of the important characters for example. Not sure if they explore it on season 2 though.

It ends up not really solving the biggest issue which I imagined as the last couple episodes still were dealing with Mikishima's terrorist attempt, and I already knew about the existence of a second season. Still, I was left a bit disappointed that the outcome of the conflict between Mikishima and Kougami ended up where their "relationship" ended as well, and had no bigger effect on the main issue, the Sibyl System.

I am trying not be too judgemental against the idea of the Sibyl System in the story, as I guess the author meant to satirize the reality of politicians and court systems in our actual society with it. I was thinking that it didn't make much sense, but I can kinda of guess some answers to what I initially thought would be plot holes like, for example, that the reason that the Sibyl System does not have an emergency system to deal with criminal asymptomatic people is that they might instead use this "weakness" to identify said people and try to bring them to the system.

But even considering the plot is meant to satirize our reality, I still think it treat some aspects too simplistically for it's own good. Like, I could understand the critique, but I can't really comprehend the idea that a bunch of brains composed of the worst type of criminal minds would actually want to maintain order, specially in a position where they don't have luxury or pleasure and divide their power equally between themselves in a system composed of more than 200 brains taking turns to make decisions. It seems to me that, in such a system, such minds would be constantly trying to fight over predominance and it wouldn't be nearly as organized as it was proposed by the show. That being said, even considering artistic license for the sake of creativity and story telling, I think it doesn't make much sense or it's strong enough to hold the plot firmly.

The characters were alright. I never really connected to Akane or Kougami (or any other character actually), but I still liked them. I couldn't really agree with Akane's lack of action when her friend was murdered in front of her (given the fact that she was a cop and she had a rifle, she probably risked a bigger hue change by actually doing nothing), but I could sympathize with the whole sense of impotence she might have felt in her position, the whole time, knowing she depended on a system she didn't agree with and that simply rebelling against it would not solve anything. Kougami wanted his revenge, but I didn't really understand the connection the show implies he had with Mikashima, other than their relationship of investigator and investigated, culprit and punisher, that was fed for 3 years.

I didn't really like Ginoza and how he constantly chose to look away everything suspicious about the Sibyl system, specially when his friends and his father turned into Enforcers. Actually, the Enforcer premise didn't really hold well to me... if Ginoza that looked away so much still became an Enforcer by the end, it seems to me that NO ONE could be an Inspector for an reasonable amount of time, which would pretty much kill the profession. The only reason Akane is able to continue being an Inspector is that she has a special resistance to hue change, which is clearly abnormal in their society and a extremely rare case.

Yayoi was pretty much useless as a character though... I don't remember she doing anything relevant, nor acting much or giving advises.

Anyway, I think the anime was decent enough but, even though it brings some interesting ideas to the table, the execution was average. Since this season didn't catch much of my interest, and given the general consensus that the next one is worst, I don't think I will watch the 2nd and 3rd seasons.
KssioAugDec 27, 2021 6:15 AM
Jan 4, 2022 1:59 PM

Dec 2007
loved how it ended.
though i kinda wanted akane to win her case and see how it's going to unfold oh well.

wonderful 1st series, the pace was weird at time but overall this series did great what it came to do.
i would be thankful though if the bluray version would be much more uncensored and stuff, oh well...
9/10
Jan 20, 2022 9:42 AM

Mar 2020
Woulda been a better ending if Akane annoying ass died
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Feb 17, 2022 7:53 AM
Feb 2022
Cop show what is free will morality if you like your freedom taken from you this is the show for you
Apr 15, 2022 9:39 PM
Mar 2018
What a ride, well time to watch season 2.
Apr 22, 2022 11:24 AM

Oct 2020
It was an amazing series over all so I like it very much and wow Makishima's kick was amazing. Really loved everything. 10 out of 10 for me.
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
May 29, 2022 12:14 PM
Feb 2020
I dont know why, but I feel that they force the plot, to make it longer in order to create sequel. This anime literally could ended perfectly here in episode 22.

The plot became mess up after episode 17, the real message behind Makishima's action became pointless and nonsense. Here I thought that he creates those crimes and terror in order to correct the error of their society, in order to revive the original and the usual law and judgement, in order to make all the people realise that their society are messed up because of those sibyl system that they chose their life to depend on, and that these sibyl system controlled the freedom that they should had.

I was amazed at Makishima's ideology and philosophy untill episode 18 to end came out. Like I couldnt understand anymore what was happening? Instead of them (those brainless detectives) solving the Sibyl System case that they already almost figure out that it is a sh*tty metalic crap system machine that created the societies law and judgement,
they rather focus on pursueing to capture and kill Makishima. This is the part were I think the plot became messed up. That part when the sibyl reveal everything to Akane then Akane accepts it like it was nothing? And that last Makishima's plan, whats the meaning of those actions? In the end he just wants to kill people?

This is the theory I had throughout this season:
I really thought that Kougami and Makishima would unite for ones in order to defeat the Sibyl System and in order to put an stop to those crappy metal who could only judge a criminal based on a stress level (like wtf their whole society is a big joke) and in order to make a better and proper society.

I really thought that Makishima sacrificed his self to became the number one criminal that couldnt be detected by psycho pass, so that people would open their eyes to reality to the mess up society that they had. And Kougamis role is to solve all those crimes and to put a stop to Makishima after they stopped the Sibyl System. (Like William James Moriarty and Sherlock Holmes ending)
Jun 10, 2022 3:24 AM
Jul 2020
These people take anime to serious this is anime and is not supposed to be a replacement for there stupid cable television show. This show was very entertaining and I strive to find the very few I have not seen similar to this.
Jul 16, 2022 4:09 PM

May 2020
The worldbuilding is easily the best part of this series. Urobochi explores some really important themes through the Sibyl system and the societal ramifications of using such a system. Other than that, the story was actually a little bland. Maybe it's because I used to watch a ton of detective shows when I was a kid, but Psycho-Pass is a basic cops-chase-down-a-genius-psychopath-and-there's-one-detective-in-particular-who-has-a-connection-to-the-bad-guy show. Ultimately, an unsatisfying conclusion for our story.
Jul 25, 2022 4:53 PM
Jun 2022
The story is good, it just akane is so fck naive
Pages (19) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2013

374 by Sakagami_Tomoyo »»
Jun 4, 11:09 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

353 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 1:35 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

289 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

227 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

274 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 10:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.