Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »
Jan 14, 2016 6:00 AM
Jul 2018
@Drobie: Thank you so much! And good luck with the challenge!
Jan 14, 2016 6:07 AM

May 2012
Setzer said:
yuukisiopao said:
this'll be my first time doing the challenge. will be asking for some titles for this item

[» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant]

thanks. o vo

I think you may like Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?. It's a cute 12 eps comedy / slice of life. There's even a second season that you can use for other challenge items if you enjoy it.

ooh. decided to take anything anyone will throw at me so, will do. thanks mate. o vo
Jan 14, 2016 6:09 AM

Aug 2015
Would greatly appreciate if someone could help me to create a link for a specific post. I know I'm on page 21 of the sign up challenge, but how do I create the link to my specific entry?
Jan 14, 2016 6:12 AM
Jul 2018
Puchkov said:
Would greatly appreciate if someone could help me to create a link for a specific post. I know I'm on page 21 of the sign up challenge, but how do I create the link to my specific entry?

click on the number in the right corner of your post and copy the url afterwords.
Jan 14, 2016 6:26 AM

Sep 2014
Wow, I started watching "Yosuga no Sora: In Solitude, Where We Are Least Alone." for either the harem/ecchi or disliked genre challenge. This is so terrible. To complete this will be a challenge indeed.
Jan 14, 2016 6:49 AM

Aug 2015
Drobie said:
Puchkov said:

click on the number in the right corner of your post and copy the url afterwords.

That was easier than expected; thanks bro!
Jan 14, 2016 8:22 AM
Jul 2015
Does somebody have a shounen that's really under appreciated or one that's just not well known but still pretty good?

I just realized that those are completely the same thing... Oops..

EDIT: preferably one cours, but max three cours because otherwise I would not have the time...
Jan 14, 2016 8:45 AM

Oct 2014
PeopleAreZebras said:
Does somebody have a shounen that's really under appreciated or one that's just not well known but still pretty good?

EDIT: preferably one cours, but max three cours because otherwise I would not have the time...

Check these:
Level E - comedy
Seitokai Yakuindomo - comedy
Medaka Box
Accel World - game
Mirai Nikki
Jan 14, 2016 8:51 AM

Sep 2014
PeopleAreZebras said:

Try Ushio to Tora (TV), it's 2 cour.

For which category are you looking for btw.?
Jan 14, 2016 8:52 AM
Jul 2018
PeopleAreZebras said:

What do you think about Samurai Champloo?
Jan 14, 2016 8:58 AM
Jul 2015
Miragee said:
PeopleAreZebras said:

Try Ushio to Tora (TV), it's 2 cour.

For which category are you looking for btw.?

Thanks! I'll go with Ushio to Tora.

It's for the not meant for your age and gender thing, can't remember the exact question and I'm to lazy to look it up...
Jan 14, 2016 9:04 AM

Sep 2011
Could one of you help me with this one please.

» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant
Jan 14, 2016 9:25 AM

May 2015
Need a hand with the random ones. I got 'claimed by the supernatural' as a tv trope (a person is 'marked' by a supernatural being, e.g. vampires, aliens, demons, gods and whatnot, and becomes an object of said being desires'. Lust works, but it could also be something else entirely). Berserk would kinda sorta fit the description, but I'd shoot for something fancier/more appropriate.

Random word was 'director'. Uuuhhh. Already seen AnoNatsu, which was the first coming to mind. Clue me in?
Jan 14, 2016 9:39 AM
Jul 2015
JoePanichelli said:
Need a hand with the random ones. I got 'claimed by the supernatural' as a tv trope (a person is 'marked' by a supernatural being, e.g. vampires, aliens, demons, gods and whatnot, and becomes an object of said being desires'. Lust works, but it could also be something else entirely). Berserk would kinda sorta fit the description, but I'd shoot for something fancier/more appropriate.

Random word was 'director'. Uuuhhh. Already seen AnoNatsu, which was the first coming to mind. Clue me in?

For the trope you could try http://myanimelist.net/anime/228/Jigoku_Shoujo

And the first option when I searched 'director' in the MAL search bar was this http://myanimelist.net/anime/5136/Flag_Directors_Edition:_Issenman_no_Kufura_no_Kiroku

Hope it helps!! =^.^=
Jan 14, 2016 9:46 AM

Nov 2008
PeopleAreZebras said:
JoePanichelli said:

For the trope you could try http://myanimelist.net/anime/228/Jigoku_Shoujo

And the first option when I searched 'director' in the MAL search bar was this http://myanimelist.net/anime/5136/Flag_Directors_Edition:_Issenman_no_Kufura_no_Kiroku

Hope it helps!! =^.^=

Correct me if I am wrong, but for the TV Trope challenge, aren't you supposed to choose from the list under the trope? In the spoiler is what was pulled for 'clamed by the supernatural'

That being said, if you didn't want Beserk, I'd suggest Hell Girl.
Jan 14, 2016 9:49 AM
Nuff... Nice!!!!

Mar 2014
AudioTsunami said:
Eve No Jikan
Since you're already watching 2nd season of assassination classroom, use that for the non-human main character challenge
Ana Hana for live action.
Uchouten Kazoku for my rec.

virtual_core said:
ONA: Plastic Neesan, Teekyuu, Nihon Animator Mihonichi
non-human main character: Chobits (persocom) Wolf's rain (wolfs)
live-action: Nana, Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
my rec: Beck or Tekkon Kinkreet

@AudioTsunami - it's not anywhere on my original challenge post but anything that I started pre-8th January I decided to make illegible for this which means Assassination Classroom 2 isn't applicable because I started it literally an hour and a half before discovering the comp (so I basically shot myself in the foot haha)

Thank you both for your recommendations!! I'll be sure to look into them (:

JoePanichelli said:

My understanding for the TVTrope one is under the trope you've been given on the website, there's an TV - Animated and/or an Anime/Manga section and you select a show that's been listed there (for example I got Snarky, Non-human Sidekick and in the Anime/Manga section there was Darker than Black and Natsume Yuujinchou among a bunch of other titles)
As for the Random word one, put the word "director" in the top search bar (slowly since it sometimes doesn't register the word if you type it too fast) and choose a title that appears on the list that comes under it (so for me it was "Winding" and I chose a baseball anime appeared in the list because it had that word in the English title, I think). I hope this helps!
kittyxiiiJan 14, 2016 9:56 AM

Anime & Manga ListsAnime & Manga ChallengePSNProfile
Jan 14, 2016 9:54 AM

May 2015
kittyxiii said:
AudioTsunami said:
Eve No Jikan
Since you're already watching 2nd season of assassination classroom, use that for the non-human main character challenge
Ana Hana for live action.
Uchouten Kazoku for my rec.

virtual_core said:
ONA: Plastic Neesan, Teekyuu, Nihon Animator Mihonichi
non-human main character: Chobits (persocom) Wolf's rain (wolfs)
live-action: Nana, Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
my rec: Beck or Tekkon Kinkreet

@AudioTsunami - it's not anywhere on my original challenge post but anything that I started pre-8th January I decided to make illegible for this which means Assassination Classroom 2 isn't applicable because I started it literally an hour and a half before discovering the comp (so I basically shot myself in the foot haha)

Thank you both for your recommendations!! I'll be sure to look into them (:

JoePanichelli said:

My understanding for the TVTrope one is under the trope you've been given on the website, there's an TV - Animated and/or an Anime/Manga section and you select a show that's been listed there (for example I got Snarky, Non-human Sidekick and in the Anime/Manga section there was Darker than Black among a bunch of other titles)
As for the Random word one, put the word "director" in the top search bar (slowly since it sometimes doesn't register the word if you type it too fast) and choose a title that appears on the list that comes under it (so for me it was "Winding" and I chose a baseball anime appeared in the list because it had that word in the English title, I think). I hope this helps!

Ah, I got it now. I was hoping for some more reasoning on my part, but it's already quite specific. Guess I'll go straight for Berserk or Hell Girl and whatever garbo comes up with director.
Thanks for all the inputs bois :3
Jan 14, 2016 10:32 AM
Jul 2018
Watch an anime that has a main character that is a professional in his field: Great Teacher Onizuka -> what do you guys think: does this anime work for this?
Jan 14, 2016 11:13 AM

May 2015
nikki-no-otaku said:
Watch an anime that has a main character that is a professional in his field: Great Teacher Onizuka -> what do you guys think: does this anime work for this?

Yes.

Can someone give me examples of good anime that revolve around non-romantic relationships? I was thinking maybe Usagi Drop.
Jan 14, 2016 11:19 AM
Jul 2018
ZRoT said:
nikki-no-otaku said:

Yes.

Can someone give me examples of good anime that revolve around non-romantic relationships? I was thinking maybe Usagi Drop.

Natsume's Book of Friends and thank you for answering!
Jan 14, 2016 11:51 AM

May 2015
ZRoT said:
nikki-no-otaku said:

Yes.

I also found that one to be sort of tricky. A show focusing on a parent/child evolving relationship seems to be the safest bet, I'd say both Barakamon and Usagi Drop easily fit the challenge. Friendship-wise, let's say KyoAni goodies, such as Haruhi, K-On and Sound! Euphonium. Natsume was also a great suggestion.
Jan 14, 2016 12:13 PM

Sep 2015
Could someone recommend me an anime?
I don't really care about genres as long as it's something good that I haven't watched yet :)

Pick me something that you think is good onegai (^人^)

shadowchild23's List
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2016 12:24 PM

Apr 2013
shadowchild23 said:
I don't really care about genres as long as it's something good that I haven't watched yet :)

shadowchild23's List

I see that you're enjoying Higurashi no Naku Koro ni! :D Well, I recommend another anime from the Naku Koro Ni series, Umineko no Naku Koro ni. It has the same arch structure.
Personally, I liked Umineko much more than Higurashi. I think it's creepier(a bit less gory though), and there's a reason for the story to repeat itself. There's a bit more of focus on the supernatural side than Higurashi, one of the main characters being a witch herself. It's one of my favorite anime, and I hope you'll like it if you watch it!

Btw, I need a recommendation too. Can anyone give me one?
I haven't chosen any focusing on a romantic relationship either, any suggestions?
VictalecJan 14, 2016 1:22 PM
Jan 14, 2016 12:30 PM

Jan 2011
shadowchild23 said:

shadowchild23's List

some titles from your plan to watch list would be
Parasyte
Fate//Zero
K second season
Zankyou no TerrorThis one could also go for non-romantic relationship
Noragami
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou This one could also go for non-romantic relationship
Jan 14, 2016 12:49 PM

Jan 2011
MeganekkoAmy said:
shadowchild23 said:

shadowchild23's List

I see that you're enjoying Higurashi no Naku Koro ni! :D Well, I recommend another anime from the Naku Koro Ni series, Umineko no Naku Koro ni. It has the same arch structure.
Personally, I liked Umineko much more than Higurashi. I think it's creepier(a bit less gory though), and there's a reason for the story to repeat itself. There's a bit more of focus on the supernatural side than Higurashi, one of the main characters being a witch herself. It's one of my favorite anime, and I hope you'll like it if you watch it!

I haven't chosen any focusing on a romantic relationship either, any suggestions?

the 2 out of the previous post
Zankyou no TerrorThis one could also go for non-romantic relationshipDanshi Koukousei no Nichijou This one could also go for non-romantic relationship
the first season from K project

from your watch list would Howl's moving castle for a romantic relation
and Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica
if you would like more recommends please ask :)
Jan 14, 2016 12:56 PM

Apr 2013
KimmyChii said:
MeganekkoAmy said:

the 2 out of the previous post
Zankyou no TerrorThis one could also go for non-romantic relationshipDanshi Koukousei no Nichijou This one could also go for non-romantic relationship
the first season from K project

from your watch list would Howl's moving castle for a romantic relation
and Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica
if you would like more recommends please ask :)

Actually, I'd like something outside my watch list, I'm using this challenge to expand my views into new things. An anime with less than 26 eps would be nice, I'd rather keep the movies to watch some other time.
Jan 14, 2016 1:03 PM

May 2008
aemiliuz said:

» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

Any of these:
Aria The Animation
Skip Beat!
No Game No Life
Jan 14, 2016 1:12 PM

Jan 2013
MeganekkoAmy said:

Durarara!!
Death Parade
Kyoukai no Kanata
Ano Natsu de Matteru

Maybe Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun for the romance?
Jan 14, 2016 1:17 PM

Jul 2014
MeganekkoAmy

for romance lovely complex
for recommendation Steins;gate
Jan 14, 2016 2:23 PM

Jan 2015
Hey guys, I need a recommendation please. Anything that's not Shounen ai or Shoujo ai or sports. Thanks!
Jan 14, 2016 2:31 PM

Sep 2014
TsunderePrince said:
Hey guys, I need a recommendation please. Anything that's not Shounen ai or Shoujo ai or sports. Thanks!

Try Barakamon.

asfipasdhgosdighsdgisdgsdg
Jan 14, 2016 2:45 PM

Sep 2011
Setzer said:
aemiliuz said:

Any of these:
Aria The Animation
Skip Beat!
No Game No Life

Judging from the seyuu Inoue Marina & Konishi Katsuyuk i'm gonna go with Skip beat!
thanks !!
Jan 14, 2016 2:49 PM

May 2015
TsunderePrince said:

Based on ratings and favorites, I'll drop some romcoms/slice-of-life: Clannad, Sakurasou, Saekano, Chu2byo, Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou. They're pretty different in both themes and silliness levels, so you should find something to your liking.
Jan 14, 2016 3:10 PM

Sep 2015
MeganekkoAmy said:
shadowchild23 said:

shadowchild23's List

Thanks! :) I'm going to watch that.

KimmyChii said:
some titles from your plan to watch list would be
Parasyte
Fate//Zero
K second season
Zankyou no TerrorThis one could also go for non-romantic relationship
Noragami
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou This one could also go for non-romantic relationship

Nice. I was already looking for an anime with non-romantic relantionships so it comes in handy.
I'm definitely going to watch Zankyou no Terror. It has been sitting on my PTW list for wayyy too long.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2016 3:24 PM

Apr 2013
virtual_core said:
MeganekkoAmy

for romance lovely complex
for recommendation Steins;gate

Thanks a lot! I think I'm going for Steins;gate as recommendation and Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun for romance. All of the recommendations were very interesting, I may watch some of them after I finish the challenge!
Jan 14, 2016 5:41 PM

Oct 2014
Hi sorry if this sounds dumb but for "Watch an anime that has been adapted to live action" do you watch the actual anime or the live action movie adapted from it .. ?
Jan 14, 2016 5:47 PM
Feb 2012
Just looking for a recommendation. I'm not too picky with genre but I'm in the mood for a slice of life. Thank you in advance!
Jan 14, 2016 6:09 PM

Jul 2012
Hey. Can I get a recommendation? Preferably something less than 3 cours.
Also if anyone has a good Korean or Chinese anime to recommend, it would be much appreciated.
Jan 14, 2016 6:19 PM

Nov 2008
Mistywind said:
Also if anyone has a good Korean or Chinese anime to recommend, it would be much appreciated.

Try Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun. Unfortunately I do not have a good Korean or Chinese anime for suggestion :/
Jan 14, 2016 6:49 PM

Dec 2012
MadeULook said:
Just looking for a recommendation. I'm not too picky with genre but I'm in the mood for a slice of life. Thank you in advance!
Aria The Animation

Mistywind said:
I haven't seen it but this has been on my PTW for ages and might fit the bill - http://myanimelist.net/anime/4189/Winter_Sonata
Jan 14, 2016 6:56 PM

Jul 2014
Can someone recommend me a 1-2 cour comedy/action anime? for "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant"
Jan 14, 2016 7:39 PM

May 2015
nikki-no-otaku said:
ZRoT said:

Yes.

Natsume's Book of Friends and thank you for answering!

I'm gonna watch that eventually, but I don't think I'm going to for this challenge because it's multiple seasons long.

Any other suggestions?
Jan 14, 2016 7:54 PM

Jul 2013
vikki7783 said:
Can someone recommend me a 1-2 cour comedy/action anime? for "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant"

I'm not sure what ammount of action do you want, but I liked Druaga no Tou a lot. Maybe that could be good if you want that kind of action.

A question that has nothing to do with the other thing:

Panoponi Dash! would count for the children anime? The protagonist (I think it is) is 11yo, but I'm not sure if that is child, or if it's aimed for something more child, like 6-8.
Jan 14, 2016 8:04 PM

Jan 2016
Hello all! Like everyone else I would greatly appreciate it if someone could recommend an anime. I haven't watched any slice of life stuff yet, so one in that area would be cool...or a comedy. Either is fine...or both (one to save for later). Thanks in advance!
Jan 14, 2016 8:22 PM

May 2014
ruckes said:
Hello all! Like everyone else I would greatly appreciate it if someone could recommend an anime. I haven't watched any slice of life stuff yet, so one in that area would be cool...or a comedy. Either is fine...or both (one to save for later). Thanks in advance!

Well, you could try Great Teacher Onizuka or School Rumble
Jan 14, 2016 8:23 PM

Mar 2013
ruckes said:

Golden Boy is a pretty solid comedy.
Nodame Cantabile for SoL
Jan 15, 2016 2:41 AM

Jul 2014
ZRoT

I'm using usagi drop for non-romantic relationships too, but if you want other suggestions
-Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
-Cowboy Bebop
-Shirobako
-Hellsing Ultimate
Jan 15, 2016 4:34 AM

Feb 2011
Hi guys. Care to enlighten a stranger?
So, uh, I have trouble with these:
short anime
ONA
Watch an anime by a director/composer/studio you don't know
Watch an anime that is tagged with a genre you dislike
Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

I am kinda unfamiliar with the first two, so it would be great if someone could give me a list of some sort.
There are only a few studios/directors/composers I know, should I consider anyone else to be legitimate?
I also do not have any genres that I really dislike, what should I do in that case?
I am sorry if it was answered before, but such scoundrel as myself can't go through whole topic.
Jan 15, 2016 6:00 AM
Jul 2018
Tannhauser said:
short anime
ONA
Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

I am kinda unfamiliar with the first two, so it would be great if someone could give me a list of some sort.
There are only a few studios/directors/composers I know, should I consider anyone else to be legitimate?
I also do not have any genres that I really dislike, what should I do in that case?
I am sorry if it was answered before, but such scoundrel as myself can't go through whole topic.

Try Hetalia for ONA and Yuuyake dandan for short?
I saw you watched Blue Exorcist, you could watch Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso as it's made by A-1 Pictures? So you'd know the studio, I mean.
Take the genre you would watch if you had no choice, I don't dislike any either, but I wouldn't really watch harem if I had a choice, for example.

No need to apologise!! :D
Jan 15, 2016 7:20 AM

May 2008
Tannhauser said:
short anime
ONA

For the genres and studios check this page:
http://myanimelist.net/anime.php

If you really like every genre there, just go with the one you like the less.

For the studios, just pick one you never heard of. Ideally you would pick one that you have never watched any of their animes, but I dont think thats really necessary.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Filler arcs are not that bad, you're just too old and have access to the internet.

LenRea - Yesterday

19 by Zalis »»
2 minutes ago

» One person's trash, is another person's treasure

JaaShooUhh - 11 minutes ago

1 by Zarutaku »»
3 minutes ago

» How did the (first 10) anime end up on your favorites list?

JaaShooUhh - 2 hours ago

14 by samot-frt »»
9 minutes ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v10) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Dec 21, 2020

7219 by machy871 »»
14 minutes ago

» Do you find immoral anime fun to watch?

LenRea - Jun 5

28 by _YaoiShotaIncest »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.