Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Nodame Cantabile
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 8, 2010 8:21 PM

Dec 2009
Tenchio said:
Hands down, best episode of the entire series.

This
Mar 8, 2010 10:02 PM

Sep 2009
noteDhero said:
This was a weird episode.

I got that feeling too. It was a great episode but it felt a little strange.

And there is no way that episode was 23 minutes long. Felt like 10......I actually yelled out loud at my computer when the ED came up because I wasn't expecting it.
Mar 8, 2010 10:53 PM

Feb 2009
Wth, I'm confused...did they sleep together???? I thought they were too 'pure' for that. >.> Or am I just reading that wrong? lol. Anywho, it was a pretty good episode. Finally gonna get some good romance in here.
Mar 9, 2010 8:15 AM
Jul 2009
MallyMalMal said:
Wth, I'm confused...did they sleep together????

I'm pretty sure they did have sex. Note that in Japan this manga targets female college students. This demographic don't usually subscribe to the "pure" fetish.
Mar 9, 2010 6:26 PM

Jun 2009
It's weird and inappropriate for a girl to ask a boy to marry her. Anyway, the ending looks like an ESB
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Mar 9, 2010 7:07 PM

Aug 2008
How is it inappropriate? I think it's refreshingly awesome. it was for all the wrong reasons, but the idea of a girl proposing is cool. It's 2010.
Mar 9, 2010 8:21 PM

Jul 2007
In all seriousness, that was the best episode in ages for this series. Phenomenal from start to finish. Need the next episode now!!! T_T
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Mar 10, 2010 8:49 AM

Feb 2009
Nodameeeeeee ;_; That piece she played moved me a lot. Manly tears :<

Also, the part at the end with Stresseman was awesome, if not overly done.
Mar 10, 2010 2:29 PM

Jun 2009
ah poor nodame chan got pwn'd by milch

Are you the bloody applause monkey? Keep your sh*t comments to yourself or go troll on 4chan.
Mar 10, 2010 3:20 PM

Dec 2007
PatitoPeke said:
OH MY HOLY GAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!! ♥♥♥♥♥
THIS WAS SO F*CKING EEEEEPPPPPIIIIICCCCC

I been waiting to see this animated since I read the manga chapter (more than a year ago)... and, oh dear Lord, THANKS. I wasn't disappointed at all. The wait was worth it.

Sameeeeee this is the part I have been waiting for. Next episode plz! <3
Mar 10, 2010 6:11 PM
Mar 2010
Centent said:
noteDhero said:
This was a weird episode.

I got that feeling too. It was a great episode but it felt a little strange.

And there is no way that episode was 23 minutes long. Felt like 10......I actually yelled out loud at my computer when the ED came up because I wasn't expecting it.

I felt exactly the same!! And just when I thought Chiaki was being sweeter with Nodame... I guess he must have freaked out, I wish he wasn't so full of himself, at least with Noda. Nevertheless I adore him.
Mar 10, 2010 8:25 PM

Sep 2007
This episode greatly moved me, it was so well set up it has even left me confused and scared right at the end.

Chiaki's expression after she "asked" was priceless!! (and partially expected) xD
Mar 12, 2010 7:20 PM

Jun 2007
ending was... unique. there were a few moments in this episode where I felt the animation was kind of off. :/ still, good episode<3

only a few more episodes left. ;A;

?_? || Mo <3: squrrriles kidnapped her let's eat theree nuts || ♪♫♪
Mar 12, 2010 9:53 PM
May 2008
Poor Nodame and her negative funk... she is leaving to pursue the dark side, lulz.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Mar 13, 2010 11:38 PM
Feb 2010
HalberdierRetsel said:
WTF is with the dark magic circle at the end? It made no sense at all. Even if Stresemann was intending to take her away to give her the joy of music again, it made NO sense what so ever to actually give him the role of hte bad guy.

I think the part with Stresemann was supposed to be an association with Mephistopheles, the Devil and the "Faust" opera. That's what the circle was to represent and i think that's why they made the scenes parallel with the opera that Chiaki was listening to........

Good episode, though as some people said it gave some "off" kinda feeling.....
Mar 14, 2010 4:27 AM

Nov 2007
O_O, what's with the ending? With this it seems quite odd that there are only 3 episodes left, what an odd thing to include all of a sudden =O
Mar 14, 2010 10:01 AM

Aug 2007
Ha, I knew he was going to take Nodame away. =o She gets to perform with him finally!
Usotsuki. 
Mar 14, 2010 1:43 PM

Jul 2008
This episode was incredible.

Stresemann had something of a Mephitopheles vibe there going at the end. This is going to be incredible. :D
He had the perfect timing to make Nodame take the next and probably most important step/experience. At least that's what I think.
Also can't await the moment when Chiaki and Nodame will finally get back closer to each other.
Mar 23, 2010 3:22 AM

Jul 2008
I loved the dramatic-ness of the ending. Hehehe...

BEGINNER
Mar 28, 2010 6:50 AM

Oct 2007
Impressive performances of both Nodame's voiceactress and Milch's voiceactor. I really loved the grown up, worn out version of Nodame that Kawasumi Ayako did in this episode, especially that part where Nodame was talking to Stresemann. The last part was impressive as well, will Milch get Nodame out of the slump she is in at the moment and help her reach new heights...?

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
May 10, 2010 10:57 AM

Jul 2009
Childish Nodame and insensitive Chiaki.

I'm happy something is finally happening. This season has been so dissapointing.
May 12, 2010 2:42 PM

Jul 2009
Did they do it?

You know what I mean....
May 24, 2010 9:30 PM

Jun 2009
Edit: i found the song :P
ShojoSamuraiMay 29, 2010 5:27 PM

Are you the bloody applause monkey? Keep your sh*t comments to yourself or go troll on 4chan.
Jul 22, 2010 4:30 PM

Dec 2009
Wow, is it this series' goal to be emotionally painful, lol. Chiaki you dimwit do you need a roadmap?
Such junk...
Dec 6, 2010 12:21 AM

Jun 2009
Re-W:

Dinner? Bath? or Nodame?

haha

Milch teasing Chiaki having only 1 line mention in the newspaper
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Dec 28, 2010 7:14 PM

Nov 2008
The only thing that I did not like about this episode was Nodame crying....stupid Chiaki, he should of just said yes.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Mar 4, 2011 2:47 PM

Jul 2010
OMG this episode just killed me! The scene of Nodame's proposal, her facial when Chiaki said 'B-Baka!', her, watching him leaving.... so emotionally strong. I was waiting for this so much, I am addicted to the whole Nodame Cantabile sequence, but sometimes I get tired of humour and want some serious stuff. I was so satisfied to see the 'serious' Noda and her true feelings. I love this season just for the stuff getting more and more serious! GOD 3 eps left, I will die because of the end of Nodame Cantabile! T_____T

Gyabo!~
Apr 22, 2011 7:08 AM

Dec 2009
WoofSadaharu said:
Did they do it?

You know what I mean....

I also wonder about that too

Apr 27, 2011 10:35 PM

Mar 2011
Of all the episodes I've seen thus far...this one was the most touching. I knew Nodame was being serious, Chiaki is a dumbass for not catching it right away. Anyways, I hope Chiaki comes around and accepts her proposal!! :D
May 1, 2011 4:51 AM
Jul 2018
chiaki's an idiot
Jul 1, 2011 10:42 AM

Aug 2010
What the hell was that a the end??!? :S does this mean Nodame is through with Chiaki?
Well it doesn't surprise me much considering how she's been treated..
Sep 12, 2011 12:07 PM
Jun 2009
definitely one of the more somber eps from NC. it's a change all right. i can't get used to nodame getting all serious like that, she's like a different person. it's weird...

i know they are adults and in a relationship for a fairly long time, but the scene where they supposed to have slept together was just off-putting. it isn't farfetched to say they did it but i still like to think they didn't coz it will just ruin their dynamics if they are already "sleeping" like that, i dunno... that's just my opinion though. and if they did have sex the night before, or even if they didn't, i do understand chiaki's reaction to nodame's proposal. marriage is nothing to spring on to one person, esp. to someone as emotionally constipated as chiaki. and i think nodame's proposal is propelled by wrong reasons, i.e. her insecurity over rui and chiaki's great performance and for the her future with chiaki as a whole.

still i consider it one of the better episodes despite the change of tone. it showed character and series depth, not to mention, a current in the steady flow of the series.

and milch is such a great character, his timing is always impeccable in the whole NC series, giving it a push. his kuroshitsuji-esque performance at the ending not only gave the episode a bit of humor that it lacked, but the usage of a parody that fit the theme of the opera chiaki was studying was so clever. and i,m a fan of kuroshitsuji so in any case, that was just full of win for me.

great episode. i'd love to see how the next ones goes considering i only have 3 left to watch.
Jan 28, 2012 2:32 PM

Sep 2009
Wait..did...did they have sex??.........
Nodame is so serious, I love her personality. Very depressing episode I've even cried when nodame cried sitting on the bench T_T
Feb 23, 2012 5:32 AM

Feb 2012
Chiaki was being such a jerk in this episode. Yes, Nodame has been acting as his wife, but she hasn't made joke proposals. And to act like it's a joke is very hurtful. If he's uncertain (and it seems clear at this point he's afraid of commitment) then he should just say that they need to think about this and be sure that it's for the right reasons.

Other than that, this season feels like I'm watching a juggler who's thrown too many balls in the air and there's no way he's going to catch them all. They spent too much time on the side characters and consequently major plotlines were just dropped completely. For example, in Paris Chapter they made a big deal out of Chiaki becoming the new principal conductor of a rubbish orchestra and that there would be a lot of work to do. All that work has been skipped completely and even the drama with the concertmaster was forgotten. We haven't really seen Chiaki's development professionally, his skills. Also, I feel that Vieilla was brought back simply because they emphasised his influence back in the first season so much that he was bound to appear, yet there aren't enough episodes to build a story around him. So this supposedly major character was brought into the series for nothing at this point.

Granted, many of the problems I see now come from the fact that they had two short seasons which limits the amount of development there can be. As for romance, Chiaki consistently ignores Nodame's needs while she keeps giving more to him. If these two were real people I would predict that they get together, even marry, and then divorce a few years later when Megumi realises he will never give as much of himself to her as she is giving to him. In the last 3 episodes there will probably be some big scene in which Chiaki realises how much he loves her, but overcoming such patterns of neglect require more than a sudden realisation, it requires work over a long time and I'm afraid he would rather work on his music than on the relationship.
Mar 30, 2012 10:20 AM

Aug 2010
What was that at the end?! Milch has magic and spell?? Love how they even put the magic spell thing on the floor! XD

Aww Nodame and Chiaki... Btw did they do 'it' that night? XD

Gosh this is so awesome...and I'm reaching the end soon, NOO!
Apr 27, 2012 3:46 PM

Nov 2011
Oh wow, the drama is really starting to pick up. Really excited to see how this all ends.
Aug 11, 2012 11:07 PM

Nov 2009
the heck? is Milch now a devil, and did Nodame just sell her soul cause I definitely heard him mention tamashi or soul although it wasn't subbed this way, anyways Chiaki is a derp, Nodame is acting weird --> you sleep with her --> she proposes --> you think its a joke and blow it off? Shouldn't he have noticed that even for Nodame something was definitely strange?
Aug 26, 2012 3:53 PM

Nov 2011
Oo, some good Chiaki x Nodame this episode. Proposal? It's like they're already a married couple anyways.
Oct 24, 2012 1:44 PM

Sep 2011
Getting pretty serious.
Mar 19, 2013 1:41 PM

Oct 2012
People have to stop calling Chiaki a jerk, I can understand his reaction. That proposal came out of nowhere, she's obviously not acting normal, she's stressed out and sad. Really bad timing to accept a marriage proposal.

Nodame has to figure her crap out first. She's the one who has to re-evaluate, and clearly Chiaki was thinking of her afterward, he couldn't even focus on anything else.

Stresseman always delivers lol
May 6, 2013 9:27 AM

Apr 2013
What the hell is Nodame thinking?
And what's with the weird ending.

Only 3 more episodes left :(
May 18, 2013 11:31 PM

Jan 2013
Nyanks said:
People have to stop calling Chiaki a jerk, I can understand his reaction. That proposal came out of nowhere, she's obviously not acting normal, she's stressed out and sad. Really bad timing to accept a marriage proposal.

Nodame has to figure her crap out first. She's the one who has to re-evaluate, and clearly Chiaki was thinking of her afterward, he couldn't even focus on anything else.

Nyanks, shush.

Anyways, good episode.
Jun 20, 2013 4:18 PM

May 2012
Poor Nodame, being serious but still doubted by Chiaki! Well it was a sad episode but the ending what's up with that? Fullmetal Alchemist anyone? And is that old geezer going to persuade Nodame to join him? I don't want that... I want that Chiaki will buy a wedding ring and ask her to marry him!

Well lets see what happens next!
Jul 3, 2013 12:05 AM

May 2010
Nyanks said:

This.. Would have got same reaction with Chiaki if Nodame proposed like that..
Though you can tell from Nodame's eyes that she's serious..
So his response should also be more serious. Anyway, it can't be helped..
Sep 10, 2013 8:55 PM

May 2010
That cliffhanger! I bet she kicked him again, just like the first time though xD This was amazing episode once again.
Apr 7, 2014 11:22 AM

Apr 2012
Ha Ha it really did look like Nodame was going over to the dark side at the end!
Apr 19, 2014 7:14 AM

Dec 2013
For an episode like this I waited 2 and a half seasons . That's too late . This cant be higher as a 7 anymore
Apr 19, 2014 10:59 AM

Aug 2013
Nodame has abandoned Master Yoda to join the dark side O__O
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 18, 2014 10:10 PM

Mar 2012
Sneaky Milch appears at the climax of the season xD
Dec 2, 2014 6:48 PM

Jun 2009
evil milch finale.
loghneckbeardDec 2, 2014 6:51 PM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» They need to continue this anime.

chiakisenpai - Apr 16, 2011

5 by TsutanaiFuun »»
Aug 9, 4:53 AM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Finale Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

HawthorneKitty - Mar 25, 2010

240 by TsutanaiFuun »»
Aug 9, 4:51 AM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Finale Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Riveiraland - Mar 11, 2010

114 by sillylovesong »»
May 6, 3:50 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Finale Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Proselyt - Jan 28, 2010

82 by WaterBottleWeeb »»
Mar 11, 10:04 AM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Finale Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Feb 18, 2010

93 by removed-user »»
Apr 30, 2023 6:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.