Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 11, 2015 1:33 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
It is indeed a Deus Ex Machina ending. Oh well, at least that man is alive.

3/5
Oct 12, 2015 1:20 AM

Jul 2012
Good episode, yet again. That was pretty smart to switch faces.

@the yaoi discussion: As a BL fan, nothing about this episode screamed "gay" to me either. I don't see the shirtless scenes as fanservice either, it's not really sexually appealing. "Oh no! Naked men! I'm turning gay! Help! Stop #Fujoshit2k15"

I really like the moral questions this show brings. It reminds me of Monster!
Oct 12, 2015 9:35 AM
Jul 2018
I didn't enjoy this episode as much as the first one and the reason for that might be because it felt too rushed, I mean they could've made it into 2 parts to make it a little better but anyway I'm still a fan of the show. I'm not a fan of yaoi or Bl but the small blush is nothing compared to the blushing in Aoharu X Kikanju which was there as basic fujoshi baiting.

HandsomeMan said:
Gov said:

And getting money thrown at them while he prostrates like a stripper or the choking of Hazuma while he was shirt less. I mean it really is blatant.

You're welcome to quit watching this anytime.
Next time I see you post in a forum on a show that has jiggly breasts, close ups of girls' asses and other similar scenarios, and see you say that you like the show, you can then put a fine stamp of hypocrisy on your forehead.

Very interesting discussions all over the forum concerning fanservice even though compared to how girls are usually sexualised is nothing compared to what happened here.
removed-userOct 12, 2015 11:58 PM
Oct 12, 2015 3:55 PM

Jun 2008
So how exactly did he explain to the cult dudes that he hand bandages all over his face instead of is chest?Or does our Young black Jack not only translplants faces but he can actually make the surgery scars heal in a few hours?

Bibimbapski said:
DmonHiro said:

Oh come ON, they were topless and chained to the gurneys, how much more blatant can you get? It's the exact same thing as when the MC walks in on a girl changing. It's just as desperate there as it is here. I have nothing against the male body, I'm just calling out blatant pandering when I see it.

Uh, no, that's not blatant fanservice. I don't see you or any other straight male here complaining about huge ass tits and ass on female characters being oversexualized and used as instruments to attract more male viewers. Double standards much? Is this how insecure heterosexual guys are nowadays? It obviously bothers you a lot since you pointed it out.

Emmm...in what forums have you been hanging out? There are always complains about fanservice of girls. Every fucking time you have people calling it as "unnecessary" and "spoiling the episode" etc.
I really don't mind about the guy being shirtless but double standards it ain't. It would have been double standards if you didn't get the same complains about fanservicve of topless guys.
The complains than now annoy you actually help make things equal since all the shows with sexy female fanservice moments get criticized for it and not only by females but by all the white knights and conservatives.

Anyway, i expect you won't be making any comments criticizing fanservice in any show with girls since you believe this shouldn't be criticized ether and you hate double standards and all. Right?

HandsomeMan said:
Gov said:

And getting money thrown at them while he prostrates like a stripper or the choking of Hazuma while he was shirt less. I mean it really is blatant.

You're welcome to quit watching this anytime.
Next time I see you post in a forum on a show that has jiggly breasts, close ups of girls' asses and other similar scenarios, and see you say that you like the show, you can then put a fine stamp of hypocrisy on your forehead.

The same goes for you next time if you criticize some half naked girl fanservice scene though.
MonadOct 12, 2015 4:08 PM
Oct 13, 2015 10:58 AM

May 2014
Umm guys, I think it wasn't a full face transplant? It was just a surgery to make him look like the old guy.

Oct 14, 2015 2:10 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
ZoroZoldyck said:
Umm guys, I think it wasn't a full face transplant? It was just a surgery to make him look like the old guy.

That might've been plausible (and probably more realistic), although they Hazama would have to give surgery to the cult leader too. Well not really sure which would take more time...but it looks like a full face transplant according to this manga panel:
Oct 14, 2015 5:27 PM

Oct 2011
They did a face surgery on that guy 0___0
Oct 14, 2015 6:55 PM

Jan 2015
So far so good. wasn't even planning on watching this series, but what the hell, it got me rather hooked.

but look at the drama happening and it's just the second episode hah, MAL can't ever chill. :)
Oct 14, 2015 8:25 PM

Jun 2015
With lotuses, UH-1 Hueys shooting farmers, B-52s releasing chemical smoke trails into the forests in the OP, and YBJ's setting is around the 60s and 70s, I instantly thought of Vietnam War, WHICH IS CONFIRMED by the preview of the next episode. Looking forward to watch this arc, being a Vietnamese myself.
Oct 15, 2015 4:45 AM

Jan 2009
Heh, I didn't see that twist coming. This show keeps on being fascinating.
Oct 15, 2015 3:43 PM

Jan 2015
Jesus this show fell off the ranking.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2015 5:39 PM
Mar 2012
If he did heart surgery he'd join the large family of op mcs. But instead an interesting twist with cosmetic surgery. Quite silly as this foreigner father has no knowledge of the old dude to possibly fake his identity.
Lol throw money at doc. What's with cultists speaking in robotic sync?
Not sure how well realistic moral quandary fits with these over the top situations. Seems fun though.
Young Hazama set at an exciting time. 1967 had the first successful transplant, and the field keeps advancing til now, 30+ years survivors, dead hearts transplantable, electronic plastic graft etc.
gophercgOct 16, 2015 6:14 PM
Oct 17, 2015 12:49 AM

Mar 2012
Good episode though the ending was a bit of an asspull. How are these sect people not going to notice a personality change from their leader or how the heck is he supposed to know what the dead guy knew? Should've gone into detail in how they fooled them.

Also, those two sect people talking at the same time was corny as hell lol.
Oct 17, 2015 6:44 AM

Dec 2012
WTF this conclusion was really weird. Not a bad episode, the discussion about the operation whether it's good or not was interesting.
Oct 18, 2015 1:39 AM

Jul 2008
Ha ha, nice solution Black Jack, everyone ends up a winner here.
Oct 19, 2015 5:54 AM

Jun 2008
ZoroZoldyck said:

It doesn't matter. It still needs time to heal and for the face to look like intended. He can't just get out of the room looking like the other guy.
Oct 20, 2015 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that really starts unexpectedly, but this thing I was a little nervous. But the ending has paid off greatly from the beginning not so pleasant. The topic is not just idyllic, it was interesting. The promo of the next episode is interesting.
Oct 21, 2015 7:59 AM

May 2014
Good episode, that plottwist at the end though.
Oct 25, 2015 8:59 AM
Jan 2012
it turned shit just when I started thinking that it's getting interesting..
Nov 2, 2015 1:33 PM

May 2009
raveninthemuddle said:
ykl225ykl said:

You still need a defibrillator even after CPR compressions.

But YBJ goes straight to using the defilbrillator before performing any CPR...and he is the genius...

Thing is on flat-line patients a defibrillator is useless, I don't really remember the episode but iirc he shot him with some epinephrine (which is the correct initial treatment) and then proceeded to defibrillate him, a regular defibrillator shows what's pretty much the II cardiac derivate so if somehow just with the epinephrine you get the heart to fibrillate a little then shocking him with the defibrillator could work... it usually takes some compressions for it to work tho, but if even with the epinephrine (and athropine sometimes) and CPR you still have a flat-line well fuck, defibrillating him won't ever work, you just keep giving him epinephrine and continue the compressions until the heart responds... or you get tired and there's none else to give the guy CPR
Nov 2, 2015 7:01 PM

Feb 2015
I don't see why people are bitching at the "fan service" they had an evaluation done and none of it took away from the show.

I disliked the ending quite a bit though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 28, 2015 4:50 PM

Feb 2008
CrossfitJesus said:
I don't see why people are bitching at the "fan service" they had an evaluation done and none of it took away from the show.

I disliked the ending quite a bit though.

It's okay when girls are naked, but if a guy loses a shirt it's terrible yaoi pandering to them lmao.

This feels more and more like it's actually a new adaptation of the Tezuka manga, rather than some random guy's take on it. The final solution wasn't that fun, but eh, Hazama has done crazier stuff.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jan 11, 2016 5:13 PM

Aug 2014
face exchange guarantees the hair as well, wow.
Dec 8, 2016 12:09 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
operations´s heart!!! but a surprise ends of episode!!!
Nov 27, 2020 5:04 PM

May 2016
Things escalated quickly, that's for sure~ I was under the impression that he would've actually gone with the heart transplant and succeed but the solution he went with when the old coot's heart gave out made me blurt out "holy shit" out loud.

It'll be difficult to do anything as the cult leader but Raymond's still alive at least.

Jul 20, 2021 4:49 PM
Nov 2019
very intense episode....... with some backstory which was a nice touch~!

however the ending left me wicked confused??? did he perform plastic surgery or something?
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Thoughts on Young Black Jack

Hydre_Ito - Sep 19, 2020

5 by Shidoteki »»
Jun 17, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Young Black Jack Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2015

193 by KuriPuri »»
May 8, 1:47 AM

Poll: » Young Black Jack Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2015

74 by Delgear »»
Nov 11, 2021 2:25 PM

Poll: » Young Black Jack Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2015

50 by gl1tchedshad0ws »»
Jul 22, 2021 5:19 PM

» Could I watch this without watching the original anime?

Kamirator - Apr 23, 2021

4 by Kamirator »»
Apr 25, 2021 3:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.