Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 4, 2015 1:08 PM

Jan 2015
kyuudere said:

I still don't get it.
Oct 4, 2015 1:16 PM

Jan 2014
Ehm first episode and i'm already confused ᕪ(·Д· ˊ)ೃ.. i like the style though. Reading through the thread made it make a bit more sense, but I didn't really find any connection as to what was past or current near the ending.
Oct 4, 2015 1:16 PM

May 2015
Well, hmm. Ok episode. Pretty much a lot of information in one episode, lol. The art's kinda unique and pretty colorful. Kinda reminds me of Punchline, lol. Let's see where this one goes.
ReverberateOct 4, 2015 1:31 PM

Oct 4, 2015 1:18 PM

Apr 2014
geralt said:
Good start. So basically the pink haired dude used to work for that super hero association, but he doesn't anymore and is now hunted by them for disobeying their orders. Liked the art style, the soundtrack was good and I'm enjoying the wackiness of the setting.
I have high hopes for this, as I feel it could end up being a better version of Kekkai Sensen.

Pretty much summed up my thoughts. Although I wonder why the pink haired dude lied to the girl about being just a regular human. His left hand doesn't look like anything a regular human would have.

Also the ending is the most bizarre I've seen this season.
Oct 4, 2015 1:41 PM

Dec 2014
Interesting c: Cute mahou shoujos, badass MC, mechas, aliens ... is there something else I can ask for? Guess I'll keep watching it.
Now, about that psychedelic ending clip ... I don't even ... o.O
BlancchetOct 4, 2015 5:07 PM
Oct 4, 2015 1:52 PM

Mar 2010
wow alot of mecha this season.
Oct 4, 2015 1:57 PM
Nov 2012
Well this does not look promising. I was not a fan of all the different, and almost random, things that got put into this episode. This felt like superhero randomness for the sake of randomness. It was almost watching a five-year-old who had just finished a bucket full of candy let his mind run wild.
Oct 4, 2015 1:57 PM

Jul 2015
So much going on at once, could not understand many things that seemed past and present tavam going at the same time, I hope to explain this, the story finally appeared another bet my optimal for this season hopefully not disappoint me ^ - ^
Oct 4, 2015 2:01 PM

Dec 2014
Feels like Kekkai Sensen wackyness.
Oct 4, 2015 2:03 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Cool start. The art style is interesting, I like how simple yet nice it looks, it works well with the tone of the show. It did take a few jumps between the timelines to understand what was going on, but I think it was fairly straightforward, in a non-usual manner. I don't always like non-conventional writing style, but I felt like it worked here (so far). I wasn't expecting mahou shoujo transformation, it was a pleasant surprise that reminds me of my childhood X) I'm looking forward to finding out more about Jirou. He probably spoke far less than any other main character would in the first episode, but I still find him interesting. What makes him want peace so much that he would be willing to go against the Superhuman Bureau?
Oct 4, 2015 2:03 PM

Apr 2013
How can so many people get confused by the timeline of the events taking place? It's pretty straightforward if you pay some minimal attention.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Oct 4, 2015 2:17 PM

Jul 2014
It was alright, but it came off as try-hard. This is an anime original, right? So there's really no excuse for the rushing. Too little attention is given to each junction in the exposition, which means barely any of the information sinks in, in its quest to razzle dazzle the viewer.
And even after scrutinizing the details that are easily missed, it doesn't feel special enough to be worth the trouble. The sheer speed of the exposition is basically camouflage for its lack of depth.

Of course, Reddit and 4chan will conflate this for a deconstruction and have a field day, so that's something I guess.

I'll continue watching but if it turns out it really is episodic, I won't have patience for it. Kekkai Sensen already did something similar better, recently. And it had proper breathing room as well.
Red_TuesdayOct 4, 2015 2:22 PM
Oct 4, 2015 2:20 PM

Jul 2010
I can't believe people are saying it's "cartoonish". Do they think before they speak?

Either way, I enjoyed it.
Oct 4, 2015 2:24 PM

Feb 2015
So many genres mashed into one. Plot was kinda confusing.

Well see how this one turns out..

Anime | Profile | Manga
「The day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday I saw a deer, and today, you.」

Oct 4, 2015 2:27 PM

Jun 2015
I loved it
Oct 4, 2015 2:27 PM

Feb 2013
How exhausting.
Oct 4, 2015 2:28 PM
Nov 2013
I'm not completely sure as to what I just watched.
Oct 4, 2015 2:38 PM

Nov 2014
This was extremely good. Thought i could barely understand the story flowing. But it definitely worth one.

Someone mentioned about similarity with panchline. Well, no. IMO not in story/storytelling generally, nor in received emotions (compared 1 episode to whole serial).
Oct 4, 2015 2:43 PM
Oct 2012
The art and story style reminded me of Rolling Girls; and the first episode reminded me of the first episode of Rolling Girls. I hope this doesn't likewise turn into a series that starts off strong, but ends up being far more about substance than flash.

Plus the artwork hurts my eyes, I need to go get drops now, maybe a wet towel on my head as well....
Oct 4, 2015 3:01 PM

Jun 2014
Really like the wackiness of this one!

The art style and the music reminds me a lot of Punchline!

The storyline seems really interesting with the main character.

Definitely a keeper for me!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Oct 4, 2015 3:28 PM

Jul 2009
Um I'm lost so is Jirou a superhuman or not? I thought he was but he said he was a normal person and therefore couldn't see dem giant aliens fighting.

...also are we not gonna talk about the caterpillar with a face in the ED? That's creepy.
Oct 4, 2015 3:54 PM

Apr 2013
It's only the first episode and I'm already confused, though intrigued at the same time. I'll definitely keep watching to see how all the pieces fit together.
Oct 4, 2015 4:20 PM

Aug 2015
I dont get why the score is so low already (6.84). I think this episode was pretty good. It required you to use your head, which is a plus for me. Maybe the score is low because of the many didnt understand?
Oct 4, 2015 4:39 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
For starters, I really really like the characters.....Looks like we'll have a decent size cast too and so far I'm liking what I'm seeing

The concept behind the events of this world is cool and although it is a little confusing it really wasn't hard to follow what's going on

I'm really interested in seeing how things got the way they were in what seems to be 5 years into the future and since this series is 2 cour I'm hoping that we will gradually build up to it

The comedy and action bits were great and I like the idea of the romance between the two main leads...I'm shipping them already and quite frankly (Kikko got hot as fuck in the future lol)...Art and animation are a bit different and cartoon-ish but it was'nt by any means bad at all

Pretty good start :)
Oct 4, 2015 4:52 PM

Apr 2015
I'm uncertain how to judge this one.

Before watching it, I would've thought this was an episodic anime however I'm getting the vibe that the "Future" parts of the episodes won't be and the past segments of the episode might be.

It's rather confusing. The episode In itself wasn't too confusing, which I found surprising given that many others felt it was.

It's colour pallet Is...jarring and very unusual.

I'll call this starting episode rather mediocre. It seems to be throwing out a lot of plot threads so I have some hope for the future.
Oct 4, 2015 4:57 PM

Dec 2014
Topgunnah said:
I dont get why the score is so low already (6.84). I think this episode was pretty good. It required you to use your head, which is a plus for me. Maybe the score is low because of the many didnt understand?

Punchline was like this when it was airing, then in the next season its score suddenly got higher. It's just a matter of time.
Oct 4, 2015 4:59 PM

Feb 2015
This kind of reminds me of FLCL
Oct 4, 2015 5:03 PM
Apr 2013
If the phrase "WTF" was an anime, FLCL would definitely be it, and this would be a very close second.
Oct 4, 2015 5:15 PM

Jan 2009
noice first episode, i think that pink haired hero is a threat to earth thats why he left the superhuman association in the future
Oct 4, 2015 5:19 PM

Sep 2011
Well that was a show. I was able to figure out what was going on but the way it was all presented especially with the random cuts to to the current day events just felt kind of messy and the whole thing felt like it needed more proper set up than we got, the worst part is I think the present day stuff seemed interesting as hell if it werent outright stated to us in the first ep, all the present day stuff could of been a twist of sorts but because we know its coming im just gonna be counting down the episodes until the MC betrays the superhuman organization.

That said i do adore the art style and I love the concept behind the show, i just worry this generally rushed and sloppy pace might take away that fun factore behind it all. 3/5 for the episode and hoping it improves.

Smudy said:
HaXXspetten said:
Is this another one of those shows which you have to watch when you're high? x.x

I think, it's more like one where you have to pay attention to small details and dates (pretty much like Punch Line and i really liked that one).

The more i think about this episode, the more i like what i saw. I hope, they focus on storytelling and make it like Memento (i love that movie for it's unique storytelling), that would be sick.
I dont think this will be like punchline unfortunately, with punchline it had a metric fuck ton of foreshadowing and smaller details that built up a overarching mystery in a seemingly uneventful first 4 episodes of SOL ecchi stuff, this just feels like its moving too fast for its own good, had the stuff in present day events not been there i feel like it would be building up to stuff but as it is i think it just kind of takes the fun out of seeing where this goes.

Topgunnah said:
scores after 1 episode are meaningless, they always change in accordance to the show reception over the course of airing and then get its more or less final score when its over, ping pong was at a 6.99 after 1 episode and not its in the top 50 anime on the site
JizzyHitlerOct 4, 2015 5:23 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 4, 2015 5:42 PM

Apr 2014
JizzyHitler said:
Well that was a show. I was able to figure out what was going on but the way it was all presented especially with the random cuts to to the current day events just felt kind of messy and the whole thing felt like it needed more proper set up than we got, the worst part is I think the present day stuff seemed interesting as hell if it werent outright stated to us in the first ep, all the present day stuff could of been a twist of sorts but because we know its coming im just gonna be counting down the episodes until the MC betrays the superhuman organization.

That said i do adore the art style and I love the concept behind the show, i just worry this generally rushed and sloppy pace might take away that fun factore behind it all. 3/5 for the episode and hoping it improves.

You pretty much just stated why I'm a little disappointed with this episode. Loved the visuals, hated the storytelling. Jumping back and forth to different points in time and revealing a major plot point early on was not a good idea in my opinion. That major plot point could have been a great plot twist down the line.

Hoping ep.2 is a little more linear in its storytelling and it really grabs me.
Oct 4, 2015 7:07 PM

Jul 2007
Why the hell is this rated 6?
This was one of the best written and most intriguing premieres this year.

I love how the flashforwards were used to spice-up the plot showcasing how the characters will end up. Really reminiscent of LOST in that way but I guess MAL goldfishes will be utterly confused by it since there are people who have no idea what a flashback let alone flashforward is.

I hope we continue jumping forward and backward in time because it is unique and under-used narrative method in terms of anime.

10/10 so far.

Topgunnah said:

Highlighted you the part on why the score is low. People would rather watch memeshows and moeblob ln adaptations than unique stuff that requires to turn on the brain.

I've seen people who have never ever heard of what a flashforward is even.
AhenshihaelOct 4, 2015 7:12 PM
Oct 4, 2015 7:30 PM

Sep 2012
>tfw I found out I'm a fujoshit

"You're really the one I..."

I barely even know these characters and I'm already shipping them. Need to see how this develops. Otherwise the episode was a little weird, but not horrible.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Oct 4, 2015 8:15 PM

Aug 2009
Way too confusing, were those times skips really necessary? Very much style over substance. I don't think i'll be bothering with more of this.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Oct 4, 2015 8:27 PM

Aug 2015
Dafuq is going on? Never saw this coming: a mix of magical girls, ultraman (I won't be surprised if they suddenly came up with a 3 minute time limit for some chest light bulb), mecha and x-men. BUT HEY, its Bones, so I'm gonna stick around for a few more episodes. Insanity may be just what I need after a nice dose of media studies (urgh...)
Anime talk, music and analysis, plus random moments of inspirations and rants | https://atmafunomena.wordpress.com/
Oct 4, 2015 8:31 PM

Jan 2011
I was not ready to have to think with the random/wackyness going on weird Mappa or trigger isn't doing this

not 100% on board yet but it could be interesting
Oct 4, 2015 9:36 PM
Jul 2018
Huh.

Could be good later on.
Oct 4, 2015 9:45 PM

Oct 2011
I'm confused, but I like it. The music is amazing.
Oct 4, 2015 10:55 PM

Aug 2013
Seems like this has a lot of potential.

The art was unique and different.

The story doesn't really have much substance now, but it seems like they're planning something pretty ambitious.

Kikko is cute.

OST was good.

How this doesn't even have a 7 and One Punch Man has 8.59 blows my mind. Just goes to show that they hype is like a rapidly infectious plague.
Oct 4, 2015 11:23 PM

Jun 2009
I was confused between past and present but I kinda got the gist of what happened in the end. Episode was fairly okay I guess.

Oct 4, 2015 11:36 PM

Jun 2013
No idea wtf I just watched.
Oct 4, 2015 11:47 PM
Jan 2014
Dunno why but Jirou looks so freaking cool to me. Must be his purple hairdo.

To me this is the best 1st episode of the season so far. I'm really into this jump around back-and-forth storytelling.
Oct 5, 2015 12:01 AM

Nov 2014
i'll give this one a 3 episode rule
Oct 5, 2015 1:16 AM

Feb 2014
nozoris said:
I was confused between past and present but I kinda got the gist of what happened in the end. Episode was fairly okay I guess.

Just look at Jiro's scarf.

Here are more hint from the ED :

Fuurouta doesn't age, the old man is nowhere to found, Kikko looks more mature, and Jiro's outfit are really different from what he wore in the past (year 41).

I think there must be a big incident that happened between those 5 years.
Oct 5, 2015 1:26 AM

Mar 2015
I like the MC...his design is very unique. I wonder what's under his hair lol. The plot intrigues me and I'm pretty excited how the Jirou ended up being a villain. He looks badass in the future I guess? For now he's driving a goddamn mecha. If I browsed around the forums, barring a few missing holes, I think I understand the episode just fine.
Oct 5, 2015 1:32 AM

Apr 2014
interestingly immensely intriguing, more so than I expected.
I say "I'm speechless" to tell you I want to say something though am not sure how...
Oct 5, 2015 1:59 AM

Apr 2015
The plot is in too many places but atleast it was interesting to watch.
Oct 5, 2015 3:06 AM

May 2014
Interesting and confusing as well. but I can figure out that MC has cast himself away from the group and that they are (atleast that hikko/watever her name was) searchin/chasin behind him for wat seems like 5 years.

We get to see the 1st meeting of MC n magical girl and how it all ends. and that reveal that MC saved that guy was pretty good but was pulled out too fast.
Oct 5, 2015 3:19 AM

Mar 2015
What I think I understood
Oct 5, 2015 3:41 AM

Apr 2015
Cartoonish first thing that went into my mind when I watched this, but its ok.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2015

38 by Beguni »»
Aug 31, 7:34 AM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2015

107 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 20, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2015

107 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 20, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2015

52 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 23, 2023 3:19 AM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2015

67 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 23, 2023 1:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.