Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School-Live!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 27, 2015 10:48 AM

Jun 2014
Ok so after they find out something so important plot-wise they just decide to have a pool party or something? Seems very out of place. At least we know that the zombie breakout was a part of some sinister experiment. But who was behind all of this? Was this on purpose? Find out after the second swimsuit episode or even later!
Aug 27, 2015 10:50 AM

Aug 2015
Sigh for me, I'm already starting to enjoy this anime series but looking at this forums about the episode and especially the reactions on this adaptation, I feel really ashamed on myself.Yeah as a manga reader of this series, they should have at least adapted the series faithfully or at least give justice to the manga because the way the manga executed the story was pretty good and exciting.Yeah someone said that just looking at this adaptation makes it more like a SOL moeblob fan service show feeling instead of the psychological feeling in the manga. Yeah another one said the direction of the story doesn't make sense especially the character development of some characters due to omitting some important scenes from the manga. And for the remaining episodes, I'm also worried on how they can adapt the remaining arcs since they may omit again some of the scenes that may also affect the direction of the story again, added the fact that the preview looks like this will be another filler fan service again, I'm about to lose faith in this adaptation like most of the people were telling in the past episodes.

You know what I don't care if someone or even me dislikes or rather disappointed in this adaptation or not, I'm just gonna be happy that this series really deserves credit and attention for what it is. Oh well I'm just gonna enjoy the anime adaptation for what it is now.

As for the episode, they could had executed the zombie Megu-nee scene better,

Kurumi hair down and in her undergarments dayum.

Foreshadowing on Taroumaru

Nice English Kek :P

Edit:

Yuki got tiddies :O MOE IS A LIE
MizunashiAug 28, 2015 8:01 AM
Aug 27, 2015 10:55 AM

Jul 2012
fredchickens said:
And for the remaining episodes, I'm also worried on how they can adapt the remaining arcs since they may omit again some of the scenes that may also affect the direction of the story again

I'm genuinelly concerned about that as well...

fredchickens said:
Nice English Kek :P

oh, didn't notice that xD lolz
-miraiiAug 27, 2015 10:58 AM
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Aug 27, 2015 10:59 AM

Jan 2015
fredchickens said:

You know what I don't care if someone or even me dislikes or rather disappointed in this adaptation or not, I'm just gonna be happy that this series really deserves credit and attention for what it is.

As long as this Anime will sell well In japan i am happy. Afterall, this is the adaptation of my #1 manga, you know.
Aug 27, 2015 11:00 AM

Apr 2014
I agree with the sentiment of most people here regarding the increasing amount of fan service, seriously the few episodes I watched before 8 (5-7) were for me absolutely tear jerkers in how they went, especially with (And this shouldn't count as spoilers at this point) Yuki's delusion regarding Megu-nee gradually beginning to break down.

Based on the preview of the next episode I have mixed feelings regarding it, from initial pre-conceptions based merely on what was shown within the preview it seems to be like the obligatory 'Mizugi' episode of an anime, but as I said before this is merely a pre-conception and this series has surprised me multiple times over the past few months, I can only hope that I'm proven wrong and it isn't entirely just fan service and we get some more of the beautiful dark plot of this anime.

Gakkou Gurashi, I seriously am looking forward to seeing how they plan on ending the anime seeing as of now we only have about...4 episodes left in the series. If this is only one of the one season animes of the Summer 2015 season then I hope at least the conclusion feels satisfying and well...conclusive in a way. Although I can't deny the desire for a Season 2 of this anime but more heavily focused on Plot and not fan service, well there is always the manga for me to read and I plan on reading it from start to latest chapter as soon as the anime has finished so as to compare and contrast the story itself and the characters between the two media
Aug 27, 2015 11:02 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Useless first 10 mins. Only funny parts of the episode were the shovel-kun jokes and DJ Yuki. Don't waste time with this, creators :/

So a bio weapon caused this massacre, that's an interesting explanation and it seems to have been planned beforehand to have an experiment of some kind. Was that in the manga or is this also anime original content?
Aug 27, 2015 11:03 AM

Jan 2015
Smudy said:
Useless first 10 mins. Only funny parts of the episode were the shovel-kun jokes and DJ Yuki. Don't waste time with this, creators :/

So a bio weapon caused this massacre, that's an interesting explanation and it seems to have been planned beforehand to have an experiment of some kind. Was that in the manga or is this also anime original content?

Was in the manga too. I am talking about the Bio weapon, not the fanservice.
Aug 27, 2015 11:11 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Xenocrisi said:
Smudy said:

Aug 27, 2015 11:17 AM

Jul 2013
maybe in season 2 pure Action maybe not they gonna same thing in season 1 like many cutscenes i gonna disappointed to the max but i still like this anime.

i hope they put in season 2 pure action like in manga.
Aug 27, 2015 11:18 AM
Sep 2009
exleader75 said:
Mind = blown.

WTF. I did not expect a bioweapon AT ALL.

Aw come on. It's not rocket science, it had to be either a bioweapon or a viral outbreak of sorts. Doesn't take a genius to figure it out...

What did you expect? Demons? An exceptionally smelly fart turned them all into zombies? LOL.
EvilDragonAug 27, 2015 11:49 AM
Aug 27, 2015 11:29 AM

Jul 2013
Xenocrisi said:
Smudy said:

This Spoiler Tag Dont open if you dont want to know How virus spread.

Aug 27, 2015 11:40 AM
Sep 2009
danteinferno111 said:

That's not even a spoiler. It's common fucking sense.
Aug 27, 2015 11:43 AM

Jul 2015
danteinferno111 said:
Xenocrisi said:

Thanks i see now that how Happen.
Aug 27, 2015 11:59 AM

Jul 2013
EvilDragon said:
exleader75 said:
Mind = blown.

Aw come on. It's not rocket science, it had to be either a bioweapon or a viral outbreak of sorts. Doesn't take a genius to figure it out...

What did you expect? Demons? An exceptionally smelly fart turned them all into zombies? LOL.

EvilDragon said:
danteinferno111 said:

That's not even a spoiler. It's common fucking sense.

I know others know this even they not reading manga they just use common sense to solve and discover puzzle with no helps from others but you forgot you cant blame others people about being not equal solve puzzle from anime.

will manga reader here that why i know what gonna happen and others here to manga reader to.

but i respect those not use manga and solve puzzle by them seft only but dont forgot dont be rude to them they not expect that gonna happen for them they just shock what they saw.
Aug 27, 2015 12:07 PM

Nov 2010
Didn't expect DJ Yuki - lol :).
Quite a lot of anime original content this time but I think it serves nice as an addition to the whole series. Especially when it comes to Kurumi fanservice :).

Xenocrisi said:
Btw, looking at the preview...i just hope the writers know what they are doing because i am worried about this adaptation lately. They are wasting a lot of time with all the moe stuff. Am i the only one who is worried?

I'm also worried.

Aug 27, 2015 12:19 PM

Sep 2014
EvilDragon said:
exleader75 said:
Mind = blown.

I thought it was a genetic mutation of a rabies virus that caught everyone off guard. Of course, I didn't think it was the cause of the supernatural, but I also didn't think of something manmade.
Aug 27, 2015 12:35 PM

Oct 2010
Xenocrisi said:
Btw, looking at the preview...i just hope the writers know what they are doing because i am worried about this adaptation lately. They are wasting a lot of time with all the moe stuff. Am i the only one who is worried?

I'm worried too. At this rate, it'd be best for them to end at the current arc and resolve everything without rushing.
Aug 27, 2015 1:24 PM

Dec 2014
Geez you manga readers are so edgy and this is coming from a manga reader.
Aug 27, 2015 1:28 PM

Oct 2012
Dat opening scene with Megu-nee. She is the only one with ahoge.
I wonder, are those zombies even conscious of their previous self? And can they be turned back? (doubt it due to their rotten bodies). Still, it's interesting to know she is still wondering somewhere out there.

But... something is fishy here. That school equipment. That bioweapon document. Everything is almost too convenient. They simply couldn't prepare something like that in matter of weeks or days... whole project had to be planned. But that means... did Megu-nee knew all of this? Or if she didn't why she had the key?

I also have the feeling one of them is immune to infection, carrying antibodes and possible cure. My bet is on Yuki. Were they vaccinated in the past perhaps?
Aug 27, 2015 1:52 PM
Sep 2009
NipahAllDay said:

I'm not a manga reader, just frankly disappointed with awful pacing and direction of the series. I might as well go to manga, then.
Aug 27, 2015 2:09 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
shit's getting real
Aug 27, 2015 2:12 PM

Dec 2014
EvilDragon said:
NipahAllDay said:

I'm not a manga reader, just frankly disappointed with awful pacing and direction of the series. I might as well go to manga, then.
Tbh the manga pacing is fast, but it is the reason why I don't really get to care about the characters as much as I need to compare to the anime, tbh.
Aug 27, 2015 2:17 PM

Jan 2015
Can't wait to see My real waifu in the next episodes.
[spoiler]
Aug 27, 2015 2:20 PM

Jul 2012
Things are heating up, hopefully it'll continue. And that zombie Megu-Nee, I was kinda hoping they would encounter her this episode though.
Aug 27, 2015 2:23 PM
Jul 2015
I've liked this episode since it deliver some explanation. Actually I really enjoy this anime and can't wait for its final episode! After that I'll get the manga and read it all in one day, probably >_> I'm so tempted to check it but I don't want spoilers 'till this serie is finished >_<
Aug 27, 2015 2:34 PM

Oct 2011
Whoa! Bio weapons? A zombie apocalypse survival guide in a school? What a... o_o'

Taroumaru of the Dead!

Great episode as always.
Aug 27, 2015 2:47 PM

Oct 2013
Yeah if it was an accident then why were they prepared? Makes no sense.
Aug 27, 2015 3:17 PM

Jul 2012
Taroumaru of the Dead!

hahaha that was good xD

KuraiTomu said:

They were prepared in case an outbreak happened. They had security but they also mentioned that, if anything happened an outbreak may occur and that's exactly what happened here. It was exactly that though, an accident. They didn't plan the zombie pandemic. Whoever was conducting the experiments predicted that something might go wrong so just in case they left a bunch of stuff needed for whoever stayed alive. But honestly I don't remember exactly what they read of the manueal in this episode o.o
-miraiiAug 27, 2015 3:33 PM
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Aug 27, 2015 3:30 PM

Jul 2015
That dog is absolutely adorable :D
I just love the hair-dryer-picture of him.

Everyone says, in this episode would happen so much, but in the end, they only closed there plothole, why the girls were able to live in school in the first place, so... no!
Not in my opinion :)
And next week, they go on vacation at the beach?
I wonder, how much will happen there plotwise. ^^
♫♪--- Everybody, put your hands uuu~uuup ---♪♫
Aug 27, 2015 3:38 PM

Jun 2013
wait wait wait a bioweapon? really?!
Aug 27, 2015 3:47 PM

Jul 2015
Now the interesting things are starting to happen boy are we in for something
Aug 27, 2015 3:48 PM

Jul 2015
Really enjoyed this week's episode as always. Didn't think they actually had a teacher's guidebook for survival or even that they knew some sort of biological weapon would cause a zombie outbreak
Aug 27, 2015 3:51 PM

Oct 2011
Revelation has been revealed

Plot moving forward.
Aug 27, 2015 3:54 PM

Oct 2013
-Panda_Hero- said:
Taroumaru of the Dead!

hahaha that was good xD

KuraiTomu said:

They were prepared in case an outbreak happened. They had security but they also mentioned that, if anything happened an outbreak may occur and that's exactly what happened here. It was exactly that though, an accident. They didn't plan the zombie pandemic. Whoever was conducting the experiments predicted that something might go wrong so just in case they left a bunch of stuff needed for whoever stayed alive. But honestly I don't remember exactly what they read of the manueal in this episode o.o

They should have spent the money they used for the school and preparation to prevent it from happening, like enhance the security of the facility for fuck's sake, there's a zombie virus in there.
Aug 27, 2015 4:09 PM

May 2015
Ending gave me goosebumps somehow, holy shit. And damn, that zombie Megu-nee at the beginning. Thought this episode was nice, looking forward to the next one.

Aug 27, 2015 4:12 PM

Sep 2014
First the ghost of Megunee and then the biological weapon ... Hatoful Boyfriend Zombie Edition confirmed
+Lunai+

Aug 27, 2015 4:20 PM

Oct 2013
I found it interesting that the manual in the safe said something like, "A kind and sympathetic heart is no longer a virtue."

Is this why Yuuri is chosen as club president? She gives those unsympathetic/semi-murderous looks at times. She is most strict with Yuki and Taromaru.
Also Kurumi is obviously a character willing to take ruthless action, though she is more kind toward Yuki.
Miki is next in that she sympathizes with Yuki's plight, but her friend Kei was much more kind-hearted in regard to Taromaru
Finally Yuki has an entirely kind and sympathetic heart, even endangering herself to save Miki in the mall.

I haven't read the manga yet so maybe I'm reading too much into this.
Aug 27, 2015 4:33 PM

Apr 2012
So the outbreak was some kind of biological weapon, maybe an experiment gone wrong... interesting.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Aug 27, 2015 4:44 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode, I like how the plot changes between comedy and drama, the same time it seems simple and quiet, some scenes show a bit of apprehension, the last scene mainly showed that the plot can develop more than I expected, I'm already looking forward to the next episodes ..
Aug 27, 2015 4:50 PM

Apr 2015
Pretty nice episode. Yuuri's reflecting on Megu-nee's key and Miki's suspicions lead to a clue. Looking forward to the next.
Aug 27, 2015 5:04 PM

Apr 2014
Hm..those flashback of Megumi...
Yuki is still in her own world without a care.
So the question is, how will their life be like if this continue...
Aug 27, 2015 5:55 PM

Mar 2015
Zombie Megu-nee.... my kokoro can't take it. Damn it. Will they have to beheaded Megu-nee by their own hands? This is just sad and cruel.

Beginning and ending scenes are serious stuffs... and then we got these funny scenes lol. Shovel-kun is blushing...

Also I sometimes hate Yuki for not being "aware" of her surroundings. I feel bad for Rii-san too. I mean wow, after that exact moment? After that moment of taking pictures together???? And Yuki just forgets about it? Damn.... right in the kokoro.

Biological Weapon?? That is known in the school?? Damn... WTF. Wait wait wait. So does that means the government know this clearly? Then would we meet any governments official underground or isolated island? Because they would probably save their asses first.

Damn you Lerche. Now I'm pre-ordering your BDs... -_- I love this show~ And I'm telling you, that this BD cover is very misleading! I might call it false advertising too!

Aug 27, 2015 6:38 PM

Jan 2015
Friendly reminder of who's the alpha in there:

Miki commented on the amount of zombies coming to school on the previous episode. Now, Rii san noticed it as well on this episode:

Finally, noticed a minor change done on the ending. Kurumi and Yuki are now holding hands, actually, it looks more like Yuki's hand is resting on Kurumi's:

Aug 27, 2015 6:40 PM

Jun 2014
Well after this episode I can clearly say that it's not focusing enough on the plot for my taste. It goes in my list of bad adaptation for now, seriously too much Taroumaru and there is way too many SoL scene which give a different feeling from the manga.
I'm still hoping for the two major arc coming but with 4 episode left I'm skeptical about it.
Aug 27, 2015 6:48 PM

Nov 2014
Wait holy fuck a bioweapon? Gave me the chills
Hi there
Aug 27, 2015 6:56 PM

Aug 2013
Maybe they're planning to do the

-arc, the last episode ?
Aug 27, 2015 9:07 PM
Jan 2012
They use more time in moe stuff. Can they fit the story within 4 remaining episode ?

[spoiler]2 eps on Zombie-nee arc is enough (Included beach half-episode next), but 2 eps for Helicopter arc can cover to graduation? That's too rush.
AxlzAug 27, 2015 11:28 PM
Aug 27, 2015 9:09 PM

Jan 2011
well man they just dropped a bomb of plot this week,thinking they might need cut the SoL aspect down now since stuff is getting pretty intense.

will admit got a good laugh of the Kurumi and shovel-kun bit
Aug 27, 2015 9:55 PM

Jul 2013
About time they realize how too conveniently-equipped the school is..

Damn I was hoping they would find more emergency facilities or tips within that document, but they searched that only to find that it's caused by a bioweapon... I wonder what's happening outside the town?
Aug 27, 2015 10:05 PM

Aug 2008
So many questions this episode. Firstly... How far has it spread? Is it global? And what are the ways to get infected? Bites-only, or scratches too? Is everyone already infected, but they only reanimate into a zombie when they simply die?

Furthermore, did the school know of this? Were they behind it? Or was the government simply advising all public institutions, including schools, of what to do?

Also, if Megumi was aware that such a disaster could be eminent, why did she (along with the rest of the school-staff), ignore all the news about the creepy "rioting" and stuff, clear signs of the outbreak having had started. Instead, she goes by her normal daily routine.

It's all very weird... Oh. Nice fanservice too.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2015

235 by MrList »»
Yesterday, 12:07 PM

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2015

329 by MrList »»
Jun 23, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

290 by MrList »»
Jun 21, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2015

381 by MrList »»
Jun 11, 3:52 PM

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2015

537 by MrList »»
Jun 10, 10:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.