Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 5, 2013 5:07 PM
Dec 2012
OMG OMG OMG THAT CLIFFHANGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I literally lost my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 5, 2013 5:16 PM

Mar 2012
That's Kaname for you.

Next episode titled the changing time. I wonder what will it refer to.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Dec 5, 2013 5:25 PM

Jul 2012
The snow is coming! The snow is coming!
All the development in this episode was fantastic.

Great episode!!!
Dec 5, 2013 5:45 PM

Jul 2010
It seems there's going to be a timeskip soon.

Chisaki x Homoguy was pretty predictable but still bullshit.
Dec 5, 2013 5:55 PM

Jul 2009
Nice confession Kaname. At first I wanted Chisaki and Hikari to work out somehow, but now I don't really mind Chisaki ending up with Kaname. I could even say that I like them better. Don't care much about Manaka.
(Sayu --> ) Kaname --> Chisaki --> Hikari --> Manaka --> Tsumugu
That's kinda complicated ;D I wonder how will it all end.
Judging by the preview and next episode's tittle, there will be a time skip.

Dec 5, 2013 6:15 PM

Feb 2013
Fiji said:
So the saltflake snow on the surface is the time of hibernation for the sea people...

and finally made some more light on Uroko-sama, he is the child/offspring of the Sea God and the woman (the human of the Ofunehiki).

I seriously can't wait now for the Ofunehiki to happen. It has been jinxed twice already.

Actually no, the children of the Sea god and his human wife became the new people of the sea, because all the old ones the sea god had created at first, went to the surface, which was what made the sea god angry and depressed. It's why the humans repent with the boat ceremony every year.

Uroko is the messenger and avatar of the Sea god, he's the one who looks after his people and provides them with what they need by way of the sea god, such as their spirit fire they use to live. He is literally one of the sea god's scales that the god molded into a living being. Uroko pretty much IS the Sea god, or rather a part of him. That's why he has an otherworldly look, with the elliptical eyes, red eyebrows, long white hair, and his skin is a mixture of ivory flesh and fish scales.

This actually isn't the first time they've talked about all this history. I think they mentioned it all the way back in episode 2 of how Uroko was one of the sea god's scales.
Dec 5, 2013 6:32 PM

Dec 2009
I hope a new female is introduced or Hikari just ends up alone. I don't want him to end up with Chisaki or Manaka now
Dec 5, 2013 6:36 PM
Dec 2013
OMG, I ended up posting before I got properly done with it by mistake earlier.

Love this series. Watched all 10 episodes in a row, and I'm loving it. Love the premise, plot, characters and relationship progression. And OMG, the relationship drama. Its got me hooked on it like fish on bait! :D

I might be one of the few, but I adore all of the main cast [and the supporting casts as well]. Of course I have a favorite [Chisaki] and I love some a bit more than others [Tsumugu=Kaname=Hikari >Manaka], but that has more to do with personality archetypes, rather than there being anything to actually dislike.

I just really like them and feel they're all plenty likable and relatable, or grow to be, with no exceptions whatsoever. People hating on one or the other for something or the other are not trying to read the character in their most sympathetic light, imo.

And I think this series is so underrated. It’s not generating as much discussion as I would like. And OMG the shipping potential is amazing<3

One of the best things about this series, is that they've developed the relationships between all of the main cast so well, that romantically, development in any direction would make sense, and that makes it really hard to predict where it’s going to eventually go. And that is a very rare thing to see in a romance drama. I love it. I’m thoroughly enjoying all the episodes, especially since I appreciate all the relationship dynamics in the series for the most part.

Excuse me for this Massive inevitably ship-spazzy-character-centric text. [I’m unloading everything all at once] :D So, its gonna be shipping shipping shipping!!! Mostly and a bit of other stuff.

Ep. 9 [pre-Ep 10 thoughts].

I’m seriously anticipating more details about the whys/whats/hows of the calamity everyone’s hyping up and how exactly they’re going to resolve it.

Aside from that, I'm seeing increasingly polarized overreactions to anything the main casts do in every episode. It’s like people expect the feelings and the relationships to be set in stone right from the get go.

In any case, isn’t it good conflicts are being introduced between them right now, so they can get some development from a perspective a fair distance away and outside of the bubble of their current pre-occupations to prompt development? I think it’s great that things aren’t being resolved too quickly.

If they're ever going to get together at all, they're going to have to break apart for a period of time and develop with others while maintaining their friendship, strained or otherwise, before they begin to realize they don’t want to be apart from each other after all [or get together as more than friends only to realize the exact opposite.] It just remains to be seen how it’s all going to go down.

Episode 9 did two crucial things.
1. hyped the impending Calamity.
2. it picked the two most complex relationships from the intricate tangle of relations that is the main cast and subjected them to the initial hurdle of the existing points of conflict between them.

I'd like to point out that the two relationships the series chose to drive a wedge between and escalate tensions, right before things get tense on a larger scale, are HikariManaka and TsumuguChisaki. This is not to say that they will become endgame, but that this episode gave us a glimpse of what angle of angst they're going to play to the hilt before levelling on the endgame pairings.

I want TsumuguChisaki and HikariManaka rather than the more predictable ManakaTsumugu.

Hikari and Manaka

As much as I sympathize with Hikari [man, I’ve really grown to like this kid], I don’t think it’s fair to hate on Manaka at all. She's done nothing wrong other than to understandably overreact to something unexpected and unfamiliar to her. I can't say what exactly prompted her to push him off, but I reckon that while it may be a combination of things like Tsumugu, Chisaki, confusion and overwhelmingness, I'm also banking that an onslaught of unfamiliar emotions springing up when he hugged her, scaring her to death; might be the primary cause. The episode is called Unknown warmth for a reason. Manaka has never thought about seeing Hikari in a romantic light right until then; so of course it was shocking. I don’t see any blatant rejections, only suggestions/ or perceptions of it.

Tsumugu>Chisaki<Kaname

Since Tsumugu’s obvious interest in Chisaki became evident [I notice many are reluctant to consider the romantic implications in it, even though the OP sorta blatantly implies it too, but whatever, I get that this is mostly because, such a development is disappointing and discouraging for the Manaka-Tsumugu and Hikari-Chisaki shippers], I can’t consider Tsumugu-Manaka as a ship [I’d] be interested in anymore.

Not because I don’t see the series going there anymore, [its still possible], but because Chisaki being Tsumugu’s first preoccupation sealed the deal for me in the other direction.

The Tsumugu-Manaka ship can’t get any better than the complexities and tension represented in the Tsumugu-Chisaki ship for me. I think we’re bound to get a star-crossed, transcending-conflicts-between-land/sea dwellers romance ship among the main cast [aside from Akari-Itoru, who are supporting cast] anyway, and among the main cast, Tsumugu-Chisaki best exemplifies to me, the ultimate resolution to the conflict between land and sea, because of what each of them metaphorically represent [ change V. anti-change].

But if it doesn't eventually go there and I really want it to, I'm okay. I’m quite pleased with the angle of angst introduced in Ep 9. I love Tsumugu's preoccupation with Chisaki's romantic aspirations and her emotional state of mind. I also love Kaname’s preoccupation with Chisaki as well. I love how it seems like both Tsumugu and Kaname seem to be somewhat aware of the other’s interest in Chisaki. And I’m willing to bet Kaname is finally going to make a move on Chisaki because he sees the potential of Tsumugu-Chisaki and wants to cockblock it XD [lol, the calamity might have something to do with it as well]

What I got from him, was that as long as it was just Hikari, he was content to wait things out [I’m convinced that either -he was aware that Hikari-Chisaki wouldn’t go anywhere because of Manaka, and eventually Chisaki might potentially fall into his arms when he makes his move at exactly the right time or -he would be willing to step aside if Manaka went for Tsumugu and Hikari-Chisaki happened, because Hikari is his best-friend and Hikari is who Chisaki really wants], but now that Tsumugu’s unpredictably inserted himself into the other side of the love equation, I expect he sees a real potential of losing Chisaki to the surface, [if she allows herself that kind of leeway], and he does nothing to prevent it.

I’m also very curious to see how far Chisaki’s going to avoid thinking rationally about Tsumugu now that she’s decided she despises him. It’s probably going to take a very long time for her to come to terms with him and what he could represent for her. The tension between these three is perfect to me. I love how there’s the beginnings of an actual love triangle at work here unlike the other one. I’m really all on board for it.

Tsumugu and Chisaki is where my heart's really at. I love them individually as much as I love them together. I quite like Hikari X Manaka, Kaname X Chisaki and Hikari X Chisaki too, but I love them more individually than as a pair.

I'm probably one of the very few people that actually sees this excruciatingly wonderful ship, but I've been sold on Tsumugu X Chisaki since Ep. 5, and with Ep. 9 and 10 giving me exactly what I wanted [hoped for & predicted], it’s definitively shaping up to be my OTP of the series.

Heck, it is already The OTP of this series for me as of now, despite how much I really like Kaname X Chisaki and how much I like both, HikariXChisaki and HikariXManaka.

I love Manaka and I really like her interactions with Tsumugu, but while they come off as sweet, endearing and friendly, they don't come off as intimate, romantic or intense, [to me] and if they do at all, it’s always on Manaka's end. In other words, it’s lacking the romantic tension to draw me in. Recent episodes have driven home that she [or others] simply doesn't register on Tsumugu's perceptive radar the way Chisaki does. Period.

Ep. 10

The calamity sounds as intensely eerie and ominous as they amped it up to be in previous episodes. Love how much tension, uncertainty, confusion, and restrained emotion is evident in the interactions between the main cast.

I don’t like the whole sleep thing. Its just way too creepy and menacing for my tastes. However, I kind of see the potential of a time-skip. I didn’t like the time-skip idea at first, but it does pose some interesting possibilities if it does happen, so I’m not entirely opposed to it.

That detail about Uroku-sama being in love with a human girl was delicious. I want to know more.

And OMG Kaname !!! Yes! Go Kiddo!! Fantastic character development right there, though I do think that since it happened so damn fast, it will eventually work against him to the end.

But He confessed! I hadn’t expected that. I totally thought he’d make some kind of a blatantly romantic move on her that will leave Chisaki with no doubt that he likes her, developing both of them a bit, but I didn’t expect him to bluntly come right out with it. I do believe its desperation that got him to do so. I’m thrilled he played his cards straight, but at the same time, I also feel like he played all of his cards way too soon.

And this unfortunately, [or fortunately for me, since I love Tsumugu X Chisaki more], means that whatever development they might get the next couple of episodes now, may ensure that they do not make it to endgame. Especially since for Chisaki this really seems to be coming out of nowhere. Same goes for Tsumugu’s declaration last episode. Lol, poor Chisaki, she now has to deal with confusing emotions with respect to not one or two, but three guys, that she has a very unique range of feelings for; [though as much as I like Hikari and Hikari X Chisaki too, he’s obviously not really in the running here].

Reason I ship Tsumugu over Kaname with her is simply because Tsumugu gets under her skin in a way Kaname doesn’t and it’s something that even Kaname notices about her in Ep 9.

[not to mention, he seems fully aware of Tsumugu being the real proverbial elephant in their relationship- I like how he pokes fun at her or rather teases her about him in Ep 10, while she pretends to not give a fuck about the land boy that she has had very intimate conversations with- She seems to be playing the classic avoidance game and suppressing her feelings the same way she usually does- and Kaname means to take full advantage of it.- I also like her sideways glance when Tsumugu speaks. It’s pretty evident that there’s undercurrents of something between them-whatever it is. And, that it’s not quite over for them yet. Which is why I’m feeling the whole Kaname X Chisake train gradually, but steadily heading into a bit of a wreck.]

Back to Hikari and Manaka, even though I fully believe Manaka likes Tsumugu for all the right reasons, and is romantically attracted to him, I don't think there's any doubt at all that Hi-kun is the most important centre of her universe and no one, not even Tsumugu can beat that.

[Not that he wants to try mind you, I don't get how no one's caught on to the fact that there's no actual love triangle here [yet], Any Manaka-Tsumugu we've seen in the past 9 +10 episodes have been Manaka --> Tsumugu and Hikari's angst regarding them. It’s more like they're playing up the angst of a possible Manaka-Tsumugu for Hikari and others who are affected by it, rather than it being an actual, existing reality. ]

Tsumugu is oblivious and/or simply not curious or interested in the romantic dynamics of Hikari-Manaka despite being witness to plenty of such evident flags. I can only say that it really doesn't matter to him whether Manaka and Hikari are romantically interested in each other or not-which is why he simply hasn't bothered to think along those lines where they are concerned.

In contrast, he is curious about Chisaki's romantic aspirations. He is always the one that initiates their conversations. I can understand a bit why some people have begun to feel like post- Ep. 4 Tsumugu seems a little overbearing or attempting to push forward his opinions where Chisaki is concerned, but I’m feeling like that might be intentional.

Maybe it’s because it’s Chisaki that he is unusually more emotive, involved and confrontational than he normally is. You don't see him being that forward or edgy or demanding with anyone else the way he is with Chisaki. I am sticking to my assumption that this is because he has some kind of vested romantic interest in her [meaning he cares for her way more than he should].
[Back to Ep.9]

This also comes back to people not quite getting why Chisaki was so angry with Tsumugu last episode- It’s not only because he gets right to the heart of her matter, but also because Tsumugu really doesn't get it all- that he is in fact, the catalyst and original source of all the drama in the first place. Its why she says he doesn't understand anything, because even if he understands the crux of her problem, even if he's being kind, he's oblivious to the bigger picture.

Essentially, all he's seeing is her. All he's concerned about is how she feels and how she should make herself feel better, because that's all he is aware of. Other aspects are escaping his notice because, [like it or not] for the last 5 episodes or more, Chisaki has been the object of his preoccupation.

She's infuriated [quite irrationally] with him, because even though she can’t help liking the guy for being kind, she still resents him for being the catalyst to everyone ‘changing’ [[something the series has made it a point to note that Chisaki is very much resistant to]] and he does not even know it. From her POV, she’s feeling like he has no right to confuse her further and tell her he likes her the way she is and to not change, when she’s been trying hard to adapt to events he set in motion in the first place.

Tsumugu is a metaphorical symbol of change for her and also the one that’s pushing her the hardest to change, but in ways unfamiliar to her, and that is what she despises most about him. But this also means he is able to get under her skin like no one else can. He’s confusing her and unsettling her, so it’s easier to hate him and pretend like he hadn’t said anything worth thinking about.

For Tsumugu, the edge to his voice comes when she begins to tell him exactly why she’s giving up on Hikari. He is not liking that she is neglecting her feelings because she can’t forgive herself for liking Hkari. From the incomplete picture he has, he can’t see why she needs to forgive herself for feeling the way she does. It bothers him so much that he directly blurts out to her that he does not dislike the way she is to reassure her, but unfortunately for him, his well-meaning sentence backfires on hm.

All he really wants is to make her feel better, but he keeps putting his foot in his mouth and making her angry instead. I feel really sorry for Tsumugu in all this. He really has the disadvantage because he’s from the land and the outsider that cares more than he should. He can’t chase after her the way Kaname can when she runs away from him too. Something about that got to me.

I love how visibly shaken he is after their departure together, and I especially loved that lost look and fist-clenching, angsty bit of fire-staring he did later on.

I really hope that someday, she puts him out of his misery. [I hope the same for Hikari too, who’s been similarly shown to be more expressively angst-ing because of Manaka. Kaname seemed to be getting a bit antsy as well, but I found it interesting that the focus on him [and Manaka with Tsumugu’s grandfather as well] was mostly one-ended, and involved them gaining some kind of insight into the object of their romantic interest. –[which I believe will eventually [much later in the series] help them let go/accept that Chisaki/Tsumugu is not meant for him/her] Manaka also has Hikari to contend with as well]

Yes. I’m very much in love with this ship. i just like it more because the potential for angst and conflict is maximum in this route and we do atleast get that starcrossed land-sea romance ship between two of the main cast, with the refreshing twist being, that its not the predictable Manaka X Tsumugu that everyone thought it would be.

And for those that feel Tsumugu is bland, or not emotive enough [I don't really think so, for the record:D nor do I think he’s depressing or abnormally philosophical for his age. He hasn’t really come up with anything that complex for his age yet.], this route would effectively rectify that XD.

Becaaause, LOL, there's no doubt at all its going to take a lot of emoting and effort on his part to make a girl like Chisaki, who's so resistant to change and leaving the sea for the surface [not to mention other roadblocks like her feelings for Hikari, Kaname's feelings for her, Manaka's feelings for Tsumugu & the UrokuSama-land/sea dweller-SeaGod-conflict etc. etc. ], to be willing to let herself fall in love with him.

And because of it, out of all of them, she does seem to have the most potential to shake him. [[I really loved that lost look and that still bit of angsty fire-staring he did after Chisaki and Kaname left together<3]].

As it stands now, [and they could keep going back and forth on it] I believe, its evident that each of the main cast, [Tsumugu included] have become potentially entangled, and consciously or subconsciously attached themselves to a potential love that's bound to be the most challenging, painful and difficult route for them.

For the record, I don't think there's been any actual romantic development in any particular direction thus far, but the seeds for it have been definitively sown. Ep. 9 just hit the tip of that iceberg. I'm thoroughly anticipating that moment when they finally take that actual romantic plunge. [Kaname is the boss, because he went there first. A blatantly direct confession without mincing any words and making his romantic intentions perfectly clear.]

Anyways, this is how I see it! And I don’t really care if it doesn’t go my way. I’m just in it for the ride. If you really care about the characters; people need to brace themselves for a number of abrupt breaks and shifts in their pairing dynamics before the true climactic end pulls through.

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the last two episodes, as I have every episode before. I thrive on timely conflict angst and tension between my chosen pairs, and I can't really lament on it when that's what makes me root for them anyway.

Gosh, it’s been forever since I’ve been so excited for a series and involved myself in any shipping. [ I’d really hate for it to get ugly though. Shipping’s supposed to be a fun exercise.]

And Gosh, I’m awfully embarrassed at how long and shippy my post is, but I needed to get it out there. I wish there were more Tsumugu X Chisaki shippers out there<3 I’d love to spazz some more about their crazy potential.
IShipIT_ADDec 5, 2013 6:41 PM
Dec 5, 2013 6:51 PM

Aug 2012
Kaname the man!
Dec 5, 2013 6:53 PM

Mar 2013
Once again this show left me with a lump in my throat. I knew that confession was coming.
Dec 5, 2013 7:03 PM
Apr 2013
no i wanted chisaki and tsumugu....
Dec 5, 2013 7:06 PM
Jan 2010
Kumagawa said:
I hope a new female is introduced or Hikari just ends up alone. I don't want him to end up with Chisaki or Manaka now

If the time skip happens, then Hikari x Miuna.
Dec 5, 2013 7:08 PM

Jul 2013
Dat confession, heh.
Had a feeling that was coming..
Hm, good episode.
Looking forward to next week.
Dec 5, 2013 7:57 PM

Mar 2011
I dont care if its manaka or chisaki
But hikari really deserves a girl

Tsumugu should end up alone(cuz ders really no story/dev for him so far....same w/ kaname)

Manaka is freaking annoying as usual

I love u miuna lol

Dec 5, 2013 8:20 PM

Jun 2012
BladesOfTime said:
Now it would be kinda stupid to Chisaki change her feelings in instant after confession,but we all know that's gonna happen.

And now to wait for next week.
Yeah I hope that doesn't happen too. I'd rather have Chisaki x Hikari.

So it seems there's going to be some ice and stuff. They better not kill Miuna!
Dec 5, 2013 8:24 PM

Jan 2013
Goddamnit...

Just as feared, Kaname becomes the guy who likes the girl that likes the MC. Sigh...

That aside good episode overall, the ice age feels like it came out of nowhere but gives you a sense of what the surface people might be feeling, disbelief and fear. Manaka is sorting out a lot of what is going through in her head. Can't wait to see her decisions.

Timeskip for 2nd cour would be really interesting.

Tinkyourdead said:
BladesOfTime said:
Now it would be kinda stupid to Chisaki change her feelings in instant after confession,but we all know that's gonna happen.

And now to wait for next week.
Yeah I hope that doesn't happen too. I'd rather have Chisaki x Hikari.

So it seems there's going to be some ice and stuff. They better not kill Miuna!

+1 all of that
Dec 5, 2013 8:33 PM
Jun 2013
shit just got real
Dec 5, 2013 9:04 PM

Aug 2013
Hikari, take note. THAT is how you confess.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Dec 5, 2013 9:08 PM

Mar 2013
Damn, this just got really good for me, cant wait till the next ep!

also can someone explain the red sea slug thing, i totally forgot.

message me when you comment, thanks.
Dec 5, 2013 9:14 PM

Mar 2013
pairings decided now?
Dec 5, 2013 9:16 PM

Oct 2013
Well there goes any small chance that was left of chisaki x hikari

pretty decent episode which served to further develop the story at a good pace, manaka crying scene was a bit annoying, lots of questions to be answered next week (red slug and kaname confession).
Dec 5, 2013 9:28 PM

Dec 2010
Why do people find the characters annoying? I think they're all great and relatable.

Hikari x Manaka
Chisaki x Kaname

for me.

I don't care too much for Tsumugu
Dec 5, 2013 9:28 PM

Sep 2010
I really hope Hikari and Manaka end up together...
Just once I want the main guy to end up with the girl he likes at the beginning ;-;
I mean comee'on. He at the very least deserves someone!!

But Chisaki is annoying so maybe not her please and thank..
Dec 5, 2013 10:13 PM

Nov 2008
Well it seems the -end- with Manaka and the hourglass with the sea salt and her seemingly asleep? was indeed some foreshadowing.
Dec 5, 2013 10:16 PM

Jul 2013
Episode was great, though it was kind of predictable tbh when something bad is about to happen in the sea village. So they all need to sleep to have the Sea Gods rise and everyone won't die.

But what spike things up, is that those confessions at the end, were Manaka talks to the slug and Kaname confessed to Chisaki.

Dec 5, 2013 10:26 PM

Jun 2013
Part of me wants Manaka to end up with Tsumugu.... but the other part of me wants her to end up with Hikari... AHHHH i dont even know anymore............

And dat confession though :')
Dec 5, 2013 10:33 PM

Sep 2011
Dat confession though. Tsumugu can smoke a big one, I hope he gets no one.
Dec 5, 2013 10:39 PM
Aug 2013
OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
Dec 5, 2013 10:40 PM
Dec 2013
it seems like there will be a time skip..not sure though.. but for pairings..i guess things are not really sure..kaname's confession surprised me..but from what i saw..he's the type to let chisaki go for tge sake of her happiness..i guess he told her because of the sleeping thing..sth like he wanted her to know his feelings but maybe there is a chance for her to return them..and we didn't get to hear manaka's speech too :/
Dec 5, 2013 10:43 PM

Nov 2011
I can't be the only one who finds it really hard to feel bad for Manaka.
She needs to make a choice for god sakes... -.-
Other than that this episode was pretty great.
That confession at the end xD Will we get a time skip or not!? I'm more thinking we won't due to that confession.
Dec 5, 2013 11:13 PM

Sep 2012
So this is how they want to end the first cour? When will their hibernation end? 2 years? 5 years? 10 years? 30 years? 50 years? 100 years? Suddenly the story takes on an epic scale that is still hard to grasp for me...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 6, 2013 12:11 AM
Jan 2011
Global cooling - the animation!

TQ
Dec 6, 2013 12:14 AM

Feb 2010
There's something I'm not sure if I got... how much time are they going to sleep?
Didn't uroko-sama said the humanity's demise would be in 50 or 100 years?

In the school they were talking about grand children and stuff so it could make sense if it's something amongst those years.
If so why are they sleeping now? or they don't want to risk the cold to start killing sea people early?

Also if it's all that time then the only possibilities are:
They stop the calamity somehow now, or something stops it halfway or in like 10 years and there's a time skip.
Dec 6, 2013 12:25 AM

Jul 2013
What I don't fucking understand is how in the name of the sea god did Manaka fell in love with Tsumugu after just seeing him for the first fucking time! As someone who doesn't believe in love at first sight, I find this shit extremely crazy... and that ending was... fuck!! however this anime is good for giving them feels and the character development of our MC is fascinating.
Dec 6, 2013 12:52 AM

Feb 2012
Everybody loves someone else, no mutual feelings allowed. I bet the only couple that's gonna come out of this story is Akari and that guy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2013 12:57 AM

Sep 2012
I can't get enough of the music. The BGM that played during the story of the Sea God was especially fitting.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Dec 6, 2013 1:09 AM

May 2013
I was surprised by how calm everyone was. An entire group of people will be hibernating while another group dies off. It's as if nobody cared that their friends, family, or acquaintances were all going to be dead soon. Even the people on land don't seemed to mind. I could be wrong. It's just that compared to Hikari everyone seems to be okay about this.
Dec 6, 2013 1:16 AM

Apr 2012
What's the point in confessing if you know you're going to be completely rejected?
Dec 6, 2013 1:19 AM
Jan 2013
O-Divine-Demon said:
What's the point in confessing if you know you're going to be completely rejected?

Cause if you don't you will always question yourself what would have happend.
Dec 6, 2013 1:24 AM

Dec 2012
I wasn't really a fan of Hikari at first but now i really like him. He is such a good dude and yea he may mess up but he is just a 13 year old boy in love! He deserves some love back for all the honest work he does man. I would feel bad if he is left alone and with Kaname finally confessing to Chisaki things have just become all the more complicated! Damn all these cliffhangers!!

Next episode is going to be even better!
"Relying on someone, helping each other out, and supporting each other. Most would say that's the right thing to do. However, that's just idealistic. In reality, someone always gets the short end of the stick"

http://p1.i.ntere.st/3b9596c6911c1c6844478fe7ace4e887_480.jpg

Dec 6, 2013 4:49 AM

Mar 2010
I don't know why, but Kaname's smile creeps me out. That confession really gave me the chills. Really interesting to see how this all unfolds.
Dec 6, 2013 5:10 AM

Apr 2012
O-Divine-Demon said:

Better to do it than never or else you'll be regretting something in the future.
Well, i'm not really one to talk.
Dec 6, 2013 6:40 AM

Aug 2013
wait, wat, wat, wat???! Hibernation it is?! And wat's with manaka, acting like that in front of them, she's quite annoying.

another wat?! Chii-chan with kaname?! NOOOO! I want Hii-kun to have his harem, Manaka and chii-chan. hahahhaha

HybridMBL said:
Timeskip incoming for second cour?
Maybe it won't happen. If they can give uroko-sama his powers, they don't need to hibernate.. Maybe they're planning on something.
Dec 6, 2013 8:02 AM

Feb 2012
DAT CONFESSION AT THE END. LIKE A BOSS KANAME. DAMN. You're so Bold Out There. YES THE SHITSTORM HAS BEGUN ermehrgawwwwwddd.

What a CRAZY love pentagon we got here. So Awesome.
Dec 6, 2013 8:14 AM
Jul 2018
If they really do this hibernation thing, Tsumugu can't really be in the endgame pairings,can he?

Assuming that the sea-folk don't age, but the humans on land will age.

But anyway, I am completely in love with this anime and I can't wait to see where the story takes us. Wow.
Dec 6, 2013 8:46 AM

Jun 2012
Oh man, can't wait to see how this turns out... As of right now, this probably is my favorite show of the season, and it's a 2-cour, too! Good times! :D
Dec 6, 2013 8:47 AM

Apr 2013
Manaka is getting on my nerves so much indecision
Dec 6, 2013 8:55 AM

Oct 2013
that animation with the spirit fire burning in front of Hikari was so beautiful I had to re-watch it a few times just to even pay attention to the dialogue
Dec 6, 2013 9:02 AM

Aug 2010
Kaname confessed! I wonder what Chisaki's reply will be.

I'm hoping for a time skip. This show still has so much potential.
Dec 6, 2013 9:47 AM
Nov 2013
I've liked this series more and more
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

177 by basskiller »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2013

186 by basskiller »»
May 18, 11:53 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

168 by basskiller »»
May 17, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

652 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

385 by Wishimog »»
Feb 18, 10:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.