Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (35) « First ... « 29 30 [31] 32 33 » ... Last »
Aug 8, 2015 11:49 AM

Apr 2013
BeyondDestiny said:
1) Their subs tend to be inaccurate or just flat out wrong at times (Some of their translations, like the one with Shirou vs Archer, turned into a meme because it was so terrible) and they are one of the larger reasons why fansubbing is dying.

2) They put no real effort onto the editing of the video (I sometimes don't even see openings and endings being properly subbed and given some effects - See UTW to understand what a great sub-group does).

3) I'm hardly supporting the industry when I pay for their subscriptions. I'd rather just BUY my own blu-rays and enjoy them while actually paying the producers more than a cent than ever purchase a subscription from CR.

4) Why claim you're offering 1080p when most of it is just a rescale of 720p? Like really?

1) The reason why "fansubbing is dying" is
a) because peoples are ripping their (CR, Funi...) subs.
b) because most anime watchers are so impatient that they take the ripped subs rather than waiting for a proper subbing group to do the job. So obviously most of those subbing group stopped. Don't throw the blame to legal alternative like CR.

2) true. Most fansub team were not especially putting lots of efforts in this in the past though. It's a pain in the ass to do.

3) Yes, but that's not the same price to pay either. Buying BR from japan is extremely costly. You can get a year of subscription to CR for the price of 2 episodes in a japanese BR/DVD.

4) You can select 720p instead. And subbers were and are upscalling just the same.
Aug 8, 2015 1:34 PM

Aug 2015
Zefyris said:
BeyondDestiny said:
1) Their subs tend to be inaccurate or just flat out wrong at times (Some of their translations, like the one with Shirou vs Archer, turned into a meme because it was so terrible) and they are one of the larger reasons why fansubbing is dying.

2) They put no real effort onto the editing of the video (I sometimes don't even see openings and endings being properly subbed and given some effects - See UTW to understand what a great sub-group does).

3) I'm hardly supporting the industry when I pay for their subscriptions. I'd rather just BUY my own blu-rays and enjoy them while actually paying the producers more than a cent than ever purchase a subscription from CR.

4) Why claim you're offering 1080p when most of it is just a rescale of 720p? Like really?

b) because most anime watchers are so impatient that they take the ripped subs rather than waiting for a proper subbing group to do the job. So obviously most of those subbing group stopped. Don't throw the blame to legal alternative like CR.

2) true. Most fansub team were not especially putting lots of efforts in this in the past though. It's a pain in the ass to do.

3) Yes, but that's not the same price to pay either. Buying BR from japan is extremely costly. You can get a year of subscription to CR for the price of 2 episodes in a japanese BR/DVD.

4) You can select 720p instead. And subbers were and are upscalling just the same.

For $7 a month you too can post no-stop on CR
Aug 8, 2015 1:47 PM

Apr 2013
TwoTon said:
Zefyris said:

You can post on CR for $0 a month. And you can watch for 0 as well if you either don't mind the advertisement or if you get free pass.

ZefyrisAug 8, 2015 1:51 PM
Aug 8, 2015 1:50 PM

Aug 2015
Zefyris said:
TwoTon said:

You can post on CR for $0 a month. And you can watch for 0 as well if you either don't mind the advertisement or if you get free pass.

Free Pass!

Love me some free passes.
Aug 8, 2015 1:51 PM

Apr 2013
Any person who watch streaming made of HS releases or download HorribleSubs resleases or from other team ripping CR and Funi subs should look at themselves before accusing CR of destroying fansub. Fansub teams stopped because there's no point in releasing something hours or days afterwards if everyone download the work of a team that basically do it without effort since he/she basically don't have to translate an typeset it.

I subbed anime. Not a lot, but I speak japanese, ad I did translation both in Japanese->French and a little Japanese-> English (with heavy spell check needed in english lol~). And I helped in typesetting too, so I know how it works. And I know the kind of feeling to see watchers doing what I just said.

CR ruining fansub? don't make me laugh.
Aug 8, 2015 1:56 PM

Aug 2015
Zefyris said:
Any person who watch streaming made of HS releases or download HorribleSubs resleases or from other team ripping CR and Funi subs should look at themselves before accusing CR of destroying fansub. Fansub teams stopped because there's no point in releasing something hours or days afterwards if everyone download the work of a team that basically do it without effort since he/she basically don't have to translate an typeset it.

I subbed anime. Not a lot, but I speak japanese, ad I did translation both in Japanese->French and a little Japanese-> English (with heavy spell check needed in english lol~). And I helped in typesetting too, so I know how it works. And I know the kind of feeling to see watchers doing what I just said.

So did CR used to profit from your subs?
Aug 8, 2015 2:11 PM

Apr 2013
Hah? I don't see what you mean here. And None of the shows I subbed are on CR AFAIK.
Aug 8, 2015 2:12 PM

Dec 2014
Because we all have to pay for it. And why would you do that if you can watch anime without paying? And some people use the free version of crunchyroll which has a lot of ads and less anime. At least, that's what I heard.

Aug 8, 2015 2:35 PM

Oct 2010
I used to be against CR, because you can just watch fansubs for free, but now that I'm older I care a lot more about the quality of stream that I'm watching, also no adds if you pay the premium price. I like to share my subscription with my sister so it's cost half as much that way, considering how often we use it, plus it's nice that it's compatible on mobile phones and various game consoles. CR makes watching anime more convenient for some. I used fansub groups and CR.

Tumblr |  Anime List | 🌷🌼

Aug 8, 2015 2:54 PM

Jun 2007
Meikoo-chan said:
Because we all have to pay for it. And why would you do that if you can watch anime without paying? And some people use the free version of crunchyroll which has a lot of ads and less anime. At least, that's what I heard.
What happens when everyone decides to watch for free, and no more anime gets made? But it's like they say, the best sign of a sound worldview is that it requires as few people as possible to adopt it.

Forgetfulness said:
So does CR have a policy on subbing the OPs/EDs and stuff?

Cause I would really like to know what the songs say and seem to recall seeing some show on CR that had OP subs, but it seems that's usually not the case?
It's not so much a policy as it is an issue with time crunch and legal red tape.

Everything that connects to MAL

Contains Ecchi, but not Tagged Ecchi: Part 1 || Part 2 || Part 3

Aug 8, 2015 3:55 PM

May 2012
Forgetfulness said:
So does CR have a policy on subbing the OPs/EDs and stuff?

It's out of Crunchyroll's hands. Usually the music organizations are the most difficult to deal with. Take the case of Sakamichi no Apollon ("Kids on the Slope") which was subbed by the estimable Sam Pinansky. He wrote translations for the OP and ED songs, but the rights holders dragged their feet until nearly half the show had aired. After the scripts were approved, CR went back and intercut the songs with their translations in the older previously unsubbed episodes.

So many people here seem to think that Crunchyroll (or Funimation or whoever) has control over things like region locking, song translations, etc., but all those decisions are made back in Japan. Complaining about CR not streaming shows in a particular geographic region, or not including song translations, misunderstands the nature of the relationship between the rights holders the distributors. The rights holders have all the cards.

Nikoru-san said:
I used to be against CR

What does it mean to be "against CR?" Are you "against" the BBC, NBC, Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Daisuki, Crackle, and all the other organizations around the world that deliver audiovisual content and collect money for their services from subscribers and advertisers? Did you think it was somehow wrong for companies like Crunchyroll and Funimation to make anime more widely available more quickly for a modest, or even no, charge? How is that something to be "against?"
SeijiSenseiAug 8, 2015 4:12 PM
Aug 8, 2015 4:16 PM

Aug 2007
Zefyris said:

Hopefully HS goes away so we can get real fansubbers again.

Zalis said:
What happens when everyone decides to watch for free, and no more anime gets made? But it's like they say, the best sign of a sound worldview is that it requires as few people as possible to adopt it.

What happens when everyone stops spouting bullshit like this? What you mention will never happen.
Aug 8, 2015 4:24 PM
Jul 2018
Drunk_Samurai said:

Don't think that'll ever happen.
Aug 8, 2015 4:27 PM
Aug 2015
I imagine they hate crunchy roll for the same reason that they hate any anime streaming site: Bad quality and lag. Why deal with either when you can just go to Katproxy.com or The Pirate Day and download the entire series in high quality without any streaming delay? There's always a good torrent out there.
Aug 8, 2015 4:29 PM

Aug 2007
RainHeaven said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

Don't think that'll ever happen.

Yeah it won't. I wish they never existed or instead chose to be a real fansubbing group instead.
Aug 9, 2015 10:07 AM

Aug 2015
Last time I tried to watch it, I was caught in an ad loop. My video didn't play.
Aug 10, 2015 12:47 AM
Dec 2014
Does CR still use flash? Or have they finally made a decent video player?
Aug 10, 2015 12:49 AM

Nov 2011
Feniksrises said:
Does CR still use flash? Or have they finally made a decent video player?

nope, and there's currently no plans in upgrading to the superior html 5.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Aug 10, 2015 12:51 AM
Aug 2015
Well they're a bunch of fucking false advertisers, they say it's free on the app. When I have to pay for it, so it's fucking bullshit.
"Those who don't understand true pain, will never understand true peace...." - Pain
Aug 10, 2015 12:53 AM

May 2012
Akatsuki_Artist said:
Well they're a bunch of fucking false advertisers, they say it's free on the app. When I have to pay for it, so it's fucking bullshit.
It is free with though, with advertisements.
Aug 27, 2015 12:37 PM

Aug 2015
I'm hearing that Lorreen the mod is really being a piece of work behind the scenes. So I guess bad modding is another reason to hate crunchyroll.
May 12, 2016 8:43 AM
Mar 2016
People don't like paying for anime I guess, I understand that they don't have every anime because licencing hence ppl think its not worth it but crunchyroll is a great way to support the media you love and its s good streaming service, I personally think its worth it but I still have to use kissanime/animefrost since buying the dvd of anime not available in CR is too expensive.

Second thing is the subbing I can't personally comment on this since I'm new to CR but so far the only thing I've seen is that the sub is changed so as to make it more relatable to western audience, I'm personally not a fan of this and I pick it up cuz after watching a lot of anime I begin to understand what they are saying but I think it will be more helpful to new watchers who don't necessarily understand Japanese Culture
May 12, 2016 8:12 PM

Jun 2015
Sevy-Chan said:
I don't hate it. I just choose not to use it. This may be incorrect, but everyone tells me the site gives your computer viruses. I could give it a try someday, I just don't feel like it.
WORD

assanime is just better

animeseed was great but it was supposed to be shit down
May 12, 2016 8:21 PM

Feb 2015
Other user hate CR because their translation is the worse, one example would be... http://myanimelist.net/anime/31404/Netoge_no_Yome_wa_Onnanoko_ja_Nai_to_Omotta?q=Neto... However, users instead blame HS who rips from CR/Funi to throw their shits.. But guess what... Those people are fucking retards because it's not HS fault that CR/Funi made a mistranslation... Blame CR/Funi or the translator... Fucking noobs...
Other users love CR because it releases legal anime, and supports the industry to keep it going...
May 12, 2016 8:22 PM

Feb 2010
It's mutual. They hate me too, or why else would they region lock everything away from me?
I probably regret this post by now.
May 12, 2016 8:26 PM

Jun 2012
Because streaming anime is the inferior option obviously.
♬♪♫
RateYourMusic
LastFM
♬♪♫
May 12, 2016 9:24 PM

Jun 2015
Pullman said:
It's mutual. They hate me too, or why else would they region lock everything away from me?

This. Idk if it's still like this, but I'm already too insensitive to care. Those region laws are annoying af.
May 12, 2016 9:26 PM

Jan 2016
Crunchyroll is the best legal way of watching anime that i can think of, even the free version is HD and its worth paying the full version, it streams the episode 2 hours after the release on japan

Anyway, theres a bunch of other ways of watching anime, so its pretty much your choice.
May 12, 2016 9:34 PM

May 2014
The only way I can see people saying crunchyroll sucks is if there cheap af and dont want to pay for it.
May 12, 2016 10:07 PM
Jul 2018
CR is good for the forums and a few of the groups I'm using there. And occasional figure buying & shit. The streaming part is useless. Not gonna lie, why would I watch shitty 360p streams for free there, legally, when I can download them or stream them elsewhere in 1080p for free of dubious legality? Yeah.
removed-userMay 12, 2016 10:11 PM
May 12, 2016 10:14 PM

Feb 2015
Just of personal opinion I believe it's kinda... pointless... You pay money to watch only a certain amount of anime, and not many dubs available (if you like dub)... You have so many FREE alternatives that have full HD, all animes/manga and with subs or dubs (like: kissanime.com)

Yes Crunchy roll is ad free, but kissanime practically is as well (despite a few ads on the side of the page, thats it)

I just think paying for something that is not only limited but the same thing is available for free is kinda stupid ... all in my perspective though
May 12, 2016 10:17 PM

Apr 2015
Some people just dislike paying subscription feed.

-Mastergold
ElliestyMay 12, 2016 10:23 PM
May 12, 2016 11:04 PM

Oct 2009
Cause only 3 shows are available in my country like wtf

Most of the shows are REGION BLOCKED. -___-

May 12, 2016 11:24 PM

Jan 2016
Because the one time I tried to watch something on Crunchyroll, there were ads every five minutes and the ad repeated like 6 times.
May 12, 2016 11:58 PM

Jan 2016
For me it's the limited anime entries like have you really check it out the majority of the anime are like all mainstream not that I hate it but I don't find the one's that I want and that's a deal breaker for me and besides there are way better places to watch at
May 14, 2016 4:06 AM

May 2016
Not a streaming services hater, but I very much prefer to watch stuff in my own media player since I can adjust the visuals to my own liking. For example when playing videos with VLC player I can change the hue or decrease/increase contrast or brightness... those settings can definitely make some anime way more enjoyable to watch.

It's of course subjective, but just a slight change in contrast and hue made Netero vs Meruem fight form HxH look way more epic than it already was. Here's the difference (top one is original, bottom two are the ones I messed up with, and found them more to my liking)

Sorry 'bout the bad quality of the pics, that's the only one I got my hands on at the moment.

EDIT: Just found out I have a 720p episode of OwaSera here so I can use it as an example as well... Original pic at the top, pic with effect at the bottom

(pay in mind that since I had to make image smaller you might not be able notice how much the lines are sharper as well)

Of course, these are just personal preferences. I bet there are tons of people that prefer the original visuals or people who would go with much different changes than I did.

EDIT2: Plus of course I can speed up and slow down videos easily, apply motion blur to some scenes, change the volume to just the right amount, even mess around with framerates. I don't wanna come out as someone who thinks everyone who's using stream services is a filthy pleb, but to me, those tiny changes I can do in media players really give anime that extra bit of oomph it needs when it comes to certain series.
Melt_BananaMay 14, 2016 4:37 AM
May 14, 2016 4:22 AM
Aug 2015
loppoio said:
I see a lot that people hate crunchyroll. I've never actually used it but I was thinking of watching some shows on their but everyone says it's the worst thing ever. I want to know why because im kinda on the fence :/

they only steam overhyped crap

eg: attack on titan, one punch man etc
May 14, 2016 4:31 AM

Aug 2015
Crunchyroll is probably the best streaming site as of now. And got better subs than most other legal streaming sites.
If anyone hates crunchyroll , they don't know why they're hating it for.

Side note: Hmmm. So this is what a bait thread from 2010 looks like
May 14, 2016 4:40 AM

Jun 2011
As someone who runs a legal anime club... Crunchyroll is a godsend... they give their rights easily.
The anime community in a nutshell.
May 14, 2016 5:52 AM

Apr 2010
Cause it doesn't work everywhere... I'm not going to pay without even being able to watch.

May 14, 2016 6:26 AM

May 2012
DoctorSexy said:
they only steam overhyped crap
eg: attack on titan, one punch man etc

Sure like Mononoke, Chihayafuru, Kemono no Sou-ja Erin, and Flying Witch.

lycheejane said:
Because the one time I tried to watch something on Crunchyroll, there were ads every five minutes and the ad repeated like 6 times.

The premium service at $7/month has no ads and higher resolutions. You can sign up for a fourteen-day free trial, too. I'd say you didn't try very hard.
SeijiSenseiMay 14, 2016 6:29 AM
May 14, 2016 6:29 AM
Apr 2016
Crunchyroll's fine, I just think there's too many ads (on the app, at least) and not a big enough selection of anime.
May 14, 2016 6:35 AM

Mar 2014
This shit again?

Anyway, I rest my case:

No slavery > Slavery
No region block > Region block
Honesty > Hypocrisy
Kissanime > Crunchytroll
Comic_SansMay 14, 2016 6:42 AM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
May 14, 2016 6:37 AM

Jun 2015
I see no reason to use it when you have Kissanime.
May 14, 2016 6:39 AM

Mar 2016
Idk, I don't hate crunchyroll but free version has little to no good anime in my country so I am not really sure what anime I will get if I pay for it.
May 14, 2016 6:40 AM

Dec 2015
I don't necessary hate it but I want to use bank account as payment.. I dont have paypal, kredit or debit cards.

I watch animes on Kissanime because no adds and there I can see every anime ever.

Bad side on Crunchyroll is that there is not every anime ever.
May 14, 2016 9:58 AM

Dec 2008
I don't understand why people keep bringing up Kissanime as if it's a legitimate alternative to Crunchyroll. The whole point of Crunchyroll is that they actually have permission to show the anime they have and that's something to be encouraged.

We all know Kissanime has "everything". Of course they do when they are not getting permission to show them. You're also not helping the anime industry at all by watching shows there.
May 14, 2016 11:14 AM

Oct 2013
Doesn't work in my country and too many ads
Also, doesn't have many old shows
May 14, 2016 11:23 AM

Feb 2011
dafuq
why is this 32 pages long?....
May 14, 2016 11:29 AM

Jun 2012
Personally, I don't mind Crunchyroll. But, there are some anime shows that are produced by Funimation and I don't want to pay for 2 services to watch a show that I can watch for free.

Also, I understand that I should be supporting the anime industry, but I will do so when I can subscribe to a website that offers all the airing anime instead of 80% of it.
Pages (35) « First ... « 29 30 [31] 32 33 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9400 by anime-prime »»
9 minutes ago

» 🎖️Best Protagonist of all time & discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nirererin - Aug 16

660 by BaronLukis »»
26 minutes ago

» How does your waifu do under pressure?

SgtBateMan - 56 minutes ago

3 by deg »»
27 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 26

83 by henning12548 »»
31 minutes ago

Poll: » Will Isekai Anime Series one day surpass Mecha anime series in popularity and in the numbers game? What do you think?

RainyEvenings - 2 hours ago

5 by Guilmon1 »»
51 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.