Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Heroic Legend of Arslan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 18, 2015 4:40 AM

Apr 2015
Good episode.
May 18, 2015 6:33 AM

Apr 2011
Ratings getting better but still so underrated anime.
~♥~ Otaku + Otaku - Otaku = Otaku ~♥~
May 18, 2015 7:50 AM

Sep 2014
Was a good episode. Fall of the queen was to be expected. And we finally see Farangis, was nice.
May 18, 2015 8:39 AM
May 2015
Innocentius VII in this anime is almost the complete opposite of what the novel describes him !!!
May 18, 2015 10:35 AM

Mar 2015
Hanae Natsuki have good trap voice.
May 18, 2015 11:10 AM

Dec 2014
stars of hope

May 18, 2015 11:16 AM

Aug 2013
Good episode, the plot is really very good, and now more characters are entering the story, many of them quite mysterious, I am excited to continue to follow the anime ..
May 18, 2015 7:10 PM

Nov 2014
That is so cruel, burning innocent people to find Arslan, it is too low for anyone specially if he was one of the army's heads in Lustania!
That new lady looking for Arslan, I am so curious about her.
Also poor boy looking for his comrades, he will have some big role with Arslan in future as I suppose.
May 18, 2015 9:23 PM

Sep 2009
Don't forget that Lustiania are most probably based on Byzantine so nothing strange here.
May 19, 2015 3:55 AM
Jul 2018
Wow Elam has some awesome skills!! The animation is very nice in this episode, not that it was bad before but it felt better this time. Farangis is interesting so far and being voiced by Sakamoto Maaya is a nice surprise to me since I had no idea :D

Next time looks awesome as well.
May 19, 2015 4:51 AM

Jun 2013
I farking love Falangies and Etoile :D
臭い-
May 19, 2015 5:20 AM

Apr 2013
I'd like the show better if it didn't show the Lusitanians as complete assholes being evil just for the sake of it, except maybe Etoile and that Montferrat guy. Most of the times there are two more or less reasonable perspectives in a conflict and very few anime manage to show that. A good recent example would be Akatsuki no Yona.

Other than that, it does have some qualities but I don't see it standing out as a shounen series.
May 19, 2015 5:24 AM

Dec 2012
This anime is really consistent in term of quality. Really well done. One thing though, I did not quite like that silly fat king of Lusitania. He felt quite out of place in the anime & looked so comical. I hope there's something more to him than just a silly character.

1cebear said:
I'd like the show better if it didn't show the Lusitanians as complete assholes being evil just for the sake of it,

Yeah, me too. I hope we get to know them more & show us that they're not evil just because they're not with the main characters.
I like anime.
May 19, 2015 6:34 AM

May 2009
Baka-Hiru said:
Okay is Etoile (the blonde slave from 3 years ago) a boy or girl? If she's a girl then that would totally make the first ep okay for me.
KilluaPwns said:
I'm hoping Etoile is male after all (though some are speculating otherwise). Though if not, that means this episode we had a male-disguised-as-a-female fighting a female-disguised-as-a-male, which is kinda funny.

Haha, seriously you should notice something about voice.
May 19, 2015 9:00 AM

Jan 2012
Too bad they didn't really show how Arslan and co managed to get away for Kharlan's men...
Though I might have missed it?
May 19, 2015 9:45 AM

Mar 2013
Lyrisia said:
Too bad they didn't really show how Arslan and co managed to get away for Kharlan's men...
Though I might have missed it?

Nope. They cut it. Maybe they'll add this scene later on BD? They also cut the scene where Silvermask captures the Queen.
May 19, 2015 10:01 AM
Dec 2010
I know this show is based on historical events and nations, but still I can't help but be reminded of ISIS when it comes to Lusitania. I mean, presenting the chopped off heads of their enemies to a broad public, convincing the most easily influenced/gullible people among their enemies to help overthrow them, the usual "only our religion is good, you are all heathens" BS, and now even more killing just for the sake of killing regardless of who or what you are. Don't know how this comes across in the source material, but in these last two episodes Lusitanians just come across as bottom-feeding scum.
May 19, 2015 11:33 AM

Dec 2013
So they decided to cut the scene where Silvermask busts through a secret wall to capture the Queen, as well as his conversation with said Queen. Apparently this show doesn't want to give any foreshadowing at all, eh? And to take away all of the queen's personality. That was a pretty poor decision if you ask me. Add that to the rumors flying around about Tahaminay's past, the fallout between Andragoras and his brother, and all those questions asked about Arslan in the previous episodes and you now have too many false leads in this story to count.
If they do follow the original novel plot for the royal lineage, lets just say I'm really gonna enjoy watching everyone in the forums getting their pants in knots when the truth comes out, since the current amount of foreshadowing gives absolutely nothing on the truth.
I'm damn curious if the Queen and King's back stories have been changed somehow in Arakawa-sensei's adaptation right now.

As for Etoille.....
Funny thing is.... I just checked the MAL character page and that was even more of a spoiler than anything that i could post right now.... Seriously, it's ridiculous... Oh also

And seriously Lustania is a walking contradiction. They preach that all men are equal before their god, and yet they still serve a king. They preach freedom for all and no slaves, and yet once the slaves have done what they can for their cause, they abandon them at the drop of a hat. The propaganda is strong with this country. The author and the mangaka have done quite well to make me hate them and their hypocritical system already.

Geives was alright, Falangies was badass, but her costume really was crap. Is that how priestess who is suppose to epitomize modest beauty dresses in the olden days? I'd love to see what an immodest one would dress like then...... Their interactions are hilarious, but I prefer watching her badass moments on the battlefield over her mentally outwitting the musician-scoundrel.
L-RyoshiMay 19, 2015 11:38 AM
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 19, 2015 2:27 PM

Jul 2013
Baka-Hiru said:
Okay is Etoile (the blonde slave from 3 years ago) a boy or girl? If she's a girl then that would totally make the first ep okay for me.

Me too, I'm confused with the voice I thought "hey a girl that look Riza" and then it was the boy from episode 1
GuilekMay 19, 2015 2:32 PM
May 19, 2015 2:34 PM

Jun 2008
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Don't forget that Lustiania are most probably based on Byzantine so nothing strange here.
Gsimp said:
I know this show is based on historical events and nations, but still I can't help but be reminded of ISIS when it comes to Lusitania. I mean, presenting the chopped off heads of their enemies to a broad public, convincing the most easily influenced/gullible people among their enemies to help overthrow them, the usual "only our religion is good, you are all heathens" BS, and now even more killing just for the sake of killing regardless of who or what you are. Don't know how this comes across in the source material, but in these last two episodes Lusitanians just come across as bottom-feeding scum.

Well in the old days such intimating tactics like presenting chopping heads was probably quite common in wars.
May 19, 2015 5:10 PM

Jul 2011
Ganbat said:

This show is good but still far away from Kingdom.
May 19, 2015 5:46 PM
Jul 2013
This anime keeps getting better and better.
May 19, 2015 7:16 PM

Oct 2007
Ganbat said:

It's neither the kind of anime that tends to be popular around these parts nor do I expect it to be. It's just focused on being tightly told and moving the story and cast along in a practical and intriguing manner and keeping it's focus, not on being all mega hyped flashy explosion filled with attractive girls everywhere craziness.
May 19, 2015 8:07 PM

Mar 2013
This is one of those shows that you wished you waited to watch so you could marathon the whole thing... -_- good episode i liked the new girl i want to see how they eventually meet with Arslan and join their group.
May 20, 2015 7:20 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Falangies is love....Falangies is life....She is officially my favorite girl of the season <3

In regards to the episode, seeing the aftermath of the takeover was interesting because as of right now, these guys just look like a bunch of self-righteous cunts and only Silver Mask and the king's brother can see it

Karlan is scum tho and I hope he dies and the thing about the queen was funny lol
May 20, 2015 7:36 AM

Nov 2011
Not bad, but what kind of name they gave to the female character? I immediately remembered a wine. The hypothesis that the dark-haired girl was the queen, just ten days; but it can also be an excuse for a plot twist further in time. The queen may also be a look-alike, since it is not clear what is behind the victory of the Lusitano; that reminds me a lot the general election in some ways. Since they made promises and they proved better than the previous ones; but on balance neither hypothesis were true, the usual leaders and promises on paper only. So, the story is always the same. However, the episode I liked, except the graphics, really poor, especially during the clash riding not to mention the CG really shitty.

A sip of Falangies? XD

May 20, 2015 9:41 AM

May 2014
I'm not sure what to feel with this fat king. On one hand, he's cute, fat and looks huggable, on the other hand... His personality is annoying..

Next episode, Kharlan.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
May 21, 2015 1:21 PM

Aug 2014
Monad said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Gsimp said:

Well in the old days such intimating tactics like presenting chopping heads was probably quite common in wars.

Lustianians look like Europeans anyway.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
May 21, 2015 5:53 PM

Oct 2011
Whoa Faraganis <3

Gieve calling her Esqusite <3

Damn you Kharlan
May 22, 2015 6:20 AM

Jan 2014
That queen is hot, her name not so much.
I want more screen time for Arslaaan ;__;
May 22, 2015 3:53 PM
May 2015
terrablu2003 said:
Not bad, but what kind of name they gave to the female character? I immediately remembered a wine. The hypothesis that the dark-haired girl was the queen, just ten days; but it can also be an excuse for a plot twist further in time. The queen may also be a look-alike, since it is not clear what is behind the victory of the Lusitano; that reminds me a lot the general election in some ways. Since they made promises and they proved better than the previous ones; but on balance neither hypothesis were true, the usual leaders and promises on paper only. So, the story is always the same. However, the episode I liked, except the graphics, really poor, especially during the clash riding not to mention the CG really shitty.

A sip of Falangies? XD

Origin name of Falangis in new Persian is Farangis which is came from of its origin "Farigis". In Middle Persian: "Wispan Friya". She was Turanian Princess daughter of King Frangrasean(New Persian: "Afrasyab") and Key Khosrow's Mother and wife of Crown Innocent Aryan prince "Siyavash" who died by Afrasyab's order.
May 23, 2015 2:02 AM
May 2015
I forgot to write it's meaning
"Friya" means "Beloved" and "Wispan-Friya" means "Beloved by All"
so its new form "Farigis" or "Farangis" means "Beloved by All"
May 23, 2015 3:52 PM

Jul 2009
So the queen didn't run away! I was thinking the black haired girl was she, but seems that I was wrong.
LOL to Guieve being ignored haha
May 24, 2015 12:01 AM

May 2013
So Innocentis VII, King of Lusitania, wants to marry Queen Tahamenay? Damn, that woman too good looking.
Maybe Guiscard wants her for himself.

Etoile is back, although to fight Elam.
Meanwhile, Gieve is hitting on Farangis.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
May 24, 2015 8:47 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
This series follows the classic trope of the ancient war epic. The author himself was a big fan of war epics such as the Three Kingdoms for example. This one is closer to a Greek epic though.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 25, 2015 2:01 PM
Nov 2010
Gieve's a pretty interesting character so far. This episode was good, like the previous ones.
May 25, 2015 8:03 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode!

Didn't revealed much other than Farangis!! As soon as she talked, i knew she's Maaya Sakamoto :)

She really sounds like her Lightning voice here which awesome!

Lol Gieve trying so hard to impress her, but to no avail.

I love the ED card.

Can't wait for the next episode!
Jun 1, 2015 3:44 PM

Aug 2013
1cebear said:
I'd like the show better if it didn't show the Lusitanians as complete assholes being evil just for the sake of it, except maybe Etoile and that Montferrat guy. Most of the times there are two more or less reasonable perspectives in a conflict and very few anime manage to show that. A good recent example would be Akatsuki no Yona.

Other than that, it does have some qualities but I don't see it standing out as a shounen series.

LOGH was better in this regards because both sides of the biggest factions had assholes and likeable leads.
Jun 1, 2015 7:30 PM
Jan 2013
rayeine said:
Zeally said:
Loved the Gieve and Falangies banter.

DMind said:
Wait, so the Lusitanians who believe that all men are equal are being ruled by a king...alright, while of course there would be some form of a leader you would think following a monarchy kinda contradicts with their beliefs (well not like they really care as shown that the slaves still haven't been freed and the Lusitanian soldiers are abusing their power).
Lusitanians are huge hypocrites. You'll see it later with how they treat the slaves.

We can already see it by how the soldiers treat the merchants.
And the fact that the slaves are still slaves.
But they have a secret weapon: The queen is Helen of Troy.
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Jun 1, 2015 7:53 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode all around, the sword fight was well coreographed. Sad too see such barbaric behavior though
Jun 2, 2015 10:45 AM

Nov 2010
Farangies, so much female air :3
Jun 6, 2015 2:14 PM

Jul 2008
Farangis....heart melting.....
Jun 12, 2015 10:00 AM

Dec 2013
The action scenes, wow! There are few super minor derps but other than that, I love the action, which is quite surprising from this studio.

Farangis made quite an impression, I like her character design but also I love her VA, it makes her more amiable.
Jul 4, 2015 8:59 AM

May 2014
hahahah Gieve totally rocks.
Cool episode, and I didn't expect less from Farangis.
Jul 12, 2015 7:19 AM

Jan 2011
Tomislavr7 said:
Gieve's a pretty interesting character so far. This episode was good, like the previous ones.

Very much this.
Everyone wants to see Arslan somehow, exiciting~
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 29, 2015 2:11 AM
Jul 2015
Not sure if I should say this but in the original version of "The Heroic Legend of Arslan". Etoile is a girl who cross dresses as a guy so she can fight. Not sure if they will do the same thing for this version of the anime.
Aug 17, 2015 10:55 AM

Jun 2014
The characters in this show are REALLY well done so far... I like it

Also the OP has really grown on me. i love it
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Aug 20, 2015 5:19 AM

Aug 2014
vodall said:
God forbid an anime have homosexual undertones. Heteronormative or bust!

here is to hoping that Etoil is non binary. that's all i want. but yes, it is either heteronormative or not interested thank you. ugh.

ironic name for a king, inncoentis. I expected silver mask to be the king tbh, but then again his comments suggest he is just using the lusitanians to further his cause. does that cause have something to do with the traitor?

Falangies shooting gieve down with every other word is the best.
Sep 17, 2015 5:50 PM
Jun 2013
Gieve is awesome and hilarious. My favorite character so far.
Sep 23, 2015 7:52 PM

Apr 2014
Lol Gieve is such a dork xD

I feel so bad for Arslan.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2015

125 by Talamare »»
Jun 11, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2015

160 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 30, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2015

174 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 29, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2015

237 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 29, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tyrel - Apr 5, 2015

326 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 29, 3:41 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.