Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 2, 2015 5:51 PM
Jul 2018
It was pretty funny to see Leo is being a hostage often.

I really like the part where they destroyed the monster truck!

That movie at the end was nice.
May 2, 2015 5:54 PM

Jul 2007
NotJizzyHitler said:
It really just hit me, but this is one of those rare shows where i love EVERYONE, even the villains are utter delight to see on screen and we barely know anything about them, this show just nails down what it wants to be so perfectly and confidently its hard not to just be taken aback by the pure passion that every second of this show drips with, there isnt a moment in the show thus far that hasnt been injected with energy and creativity whether it be the insanely diverse character designs, settings, or character personalities to just the insane out of this world and totally unique set pieces i just cant help but praise every aspect of the show thus far. This show is just so much fun

Yep yep. This show does wonders with properly handling characterization of EVERY SINGLE character.

Its easily most well directed show of the season too. Very unorthodox.
May 2, 2015 5:54 PM

Dec 2010
This show is definitely growing on me. I feel like it has a lot of potential, its a shame its only going to be 12 episodes, it needs more to fully flesh itself out. I want to know who all 13 of the kings are.

That being said Aligura was kind of annoying, but annoying in a way that she's kind of endearing in her own craziness. The date at the end was interesting as well. Also, I felt proud of myself of noticing Mamoru Miyano, and Keiji Fujiwara in this one!
cyclone1993May 2, 2015 5:59 PM
May 2, 2015 5:59 PM
Jan 2009
cyclone1993 said:
This show is definitely growing on me. I feel like it has a lot of potential, its a shame its only going to be 12 episodes, it needs more to fully flesh itself out. I want to know who all 13 of the kings are.

That being said Aligura was kind of annoying, but annoying in a way that she's kind of endearing in her own craziness. The date at the end was interesting as well. Also, I felt proud of myself of noticing Mamoru Miyano, and Keiji Fujiwara in this one!

read the read read the manga manga manga
May 2, 2015 6:06 PM

Mar 2015
Hah, the music as the monster truck went flying out of the city was too perfect. This show is great.
May 2, 2015 6:40 PM
Jun 2014
What does AOTS stands for?
May 2, 2015 6:40 PM

Sep 2011
Koybz said:
NotJizzyHitler said:
just going off of you, im deeply in love with matsumoto's style based off of this and kyousogiga, yes I'll admit she could improve a bit in terms of slowing the pace down a bit more selectivly but i also think she nails down frantic and energetic so well and i feel like both kekkai and kyousogiga flow together so well because of this energy. I really think she can become a favorite of mine once she develops more of a catalog,

The energy and life she brings to whatever she touches is definitely one of her biggest selling points and while I feel that it's quite subtle, she's improving as a director, at least from what I've seen from this episode. It'll be interesting to see how she handles the ending of Kekkai Sensen, although I think Matsumoto has done a good job of setting up the conflict so far. Funnily enough, the frantic pacing that slightly harmed Kyousougiga in it's latter half (well, in my opinion anyway), is actually working wonders for Kekkai Sensen and while many people have expressed a dislike to the speed at which the series moves, I've never really had a problem with it as she's nailed the flow. Nothing seems jarring and every scene moves from one to another very naturally, it's just fast.

I'm positive Bones will be giving her more series in the near future. I'm just not sure whether I'd prefer to see her do more original series or adaptations.
Yes i do think she has improved from kyousogiga this far but its really going to come down to how it wraps up to fully judge, though the one thing that does put this above kyousogiga already is its INSANE attention to detail at every second, like from this episode

The men in the background are hosing the streets, the scene right after this is steven freezing the streets to end the tank flying off course, the fact that this is right in plain view not shoved down our throats makes everything feel so well thought out and natural.

Another thing about her is that the last scene definitely shows he can perfectly nail down slower pacing, in this crazy episode of well executed over the top insanity the thing that sticks out to us the most is a calm and slow scene of a guy and a girl talking after a movie, thats a testament to talented directing/writing right there. Id also love to see her do more bones shows but she will probably just jump ship between different studio seeing how she went from toei to bones, but since kekkai is somehow projected to do well maybe it will be different and id adore to see her do more shows for this studio especially since it seems this studio is getting back on track from their kind of poor recent showings

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 2, 2015 6:49 PM

Feb 2012
chiflefinal123 said:
What does AOTS stands for?

Anime of the Season.
May 2, 2015 6:49 PM
Jan 2011
I ship White with Leo!
May 2, 2015 7:02 PM

Aug 2013
Alright, I've been pretty skeptical but this episode got to me. It was fun and I really enjoyed it. I'm starting to really like the eccentricness of all the characters, they make everything so funny (even frickin torture). The Leo and White scene pretty cute too. 5/5
May 2, 2015 8:08 PM

Nov 2014
I really like White and Leo. With White being an anime-original character though, the prospects do worry me a bit. Whatever her ending ends up being in this, after the inevitable drama cloud clears, I hope it's positive.
May 2, 2015 8:15 PM

Sep 2013
Really loving the series though I have 2 things to nitpick on

1) seriously needs MOAR CHAIN! Like at LEAST 1 episode dedicated for her.
b) As an anime-original character, nobody can answer me this, but is White really a ghost? I mean other people can see her and she even has her own room. Oh dammit, I think I just figured it out. Is she an assylum resident??
Old_RavenMay 2, 2015 8:26 PM
May 2, 2015 8:23 PM

Apr 2015
Clearly I was confused about something: I thought White was a ghost, but I guess she's just a long-term patient at the hospital.

This show is different from others: there is a lot of buildup, but the fights themselves are quick and easily won by the heroes it would seem.

There's something about the pacing of the episodes of this show that I strongly dislike. It's hard to identify what the issue really is, but it leaves me with my brain in a knot.
May 2, 2015 8:34 PM

Oct 2011
I LOVE KEKKAI SENSEN <3
May 2, 2015 8:39 PM
Apr 2014
stephen5000 said:
Clearly I was confused about something: I thought White was a ghost, but I guess she's just a long-term patient at the hospital.

This show is different from others: there is a lot of buildup, but the fights themselves are quick and easily won by the heroes it would seem.

There's something about the pacing of the episodes of this show that I strongly dislike. It's hard to identify what the issue really is, but it leaves me with my brain in a knot.

I think it has to do with the nonlinear storytelling format which most people aren't use to. I mean for me I highly enjoy that type of story format because I love figuring things out than it rather telling me straight. I mean just imagine if Cowboy Bebop was aired today it would definitely have some mixed views because most people like thier story told straight to them in a linear form.
May 2, 2015 9:01 PM

May 2012
likin leo and whites (just realized rei is her VA <3 :p ) relationship. hopefully that gets more flushed out, also starting to see some pieces come together, hopefully that keeps up, also loving the OP song
May 2, 2015 9:29 PM
Mar 2015
any one realize the new guy is awfully close to being lemon from spiderman? i mine they have some resemblances at least
May 2, 2015 9:30 PM
Apr 2014
Venomouspsycho said:
any one realize the new guy is awfully close to being lemon from spiderman? i mine they have some resemblances at least

I feel it's more like carnage.
May 2, 2015 11:00 PM
Mar 2015
well i have bad feeling about this,
but i really ship leo x white so much
May 2, 2015 11:19 PM

Dec 2013
Crazy good, like usual.
Bones in Times Square.
May 2, 2015 11:35 PM

Jan 2014
Love the comedy :d
May 2, 2015 11:38 PM

Jan 2013
I really enjoyed the second half. I like when it focuses on two characters interacting for more than a minute instead of jumping around.
May 2, 2015 11:53 PM

Jan 2011
Ahhh that was a super fun episode.
May 3, 2015 12:15 AM

Oct 2013
Like I've said before, best anime of the season.
Code Geass is the most fun anime of all time, objectively speaking.
May 3, 2015 1:08 AM

Jun 2013
That ending man, I can't help smiling every time I watch it.

This was honestly the most fun and entertaining episode yet. Someone said this a few posts above me, but this show knows what it is, and nails it to a T! It doesn't try to be something it isnt. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but for those it is, it's a timeless treasure.

And. . .

HAI!-
♪-nzs ketchup sure is thick blues♪

Lost it. Like 'Woke up my dad with my high-pitched heaving laughter' kind of lost it.
When I have money, I buy books. When I have money left over, I buy food and clothes.
May 3, 2015 2:09 AM

Nov 2014
The parody of Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Danny DeVito's Twins had me laughing my ass off... and that OST. Do want.
5/5.
May 3, 2015 2:12 AM

Nov 2013
This anime is crazy, over the top, wacky, and I love it
May 3, 2015 2:22 AM

Jul 2011
Yet another great episode. Honestly, this is probably the best show I've seen in a long time. Its chaotic nature is just up my alley and the characters are so entertaining to watch I don't mind the fact that it doesn't have a linear storyline.

This is the kinda show I've been waiting for
May 3, 2015 2:33 AM

Mar 2013
so weird, crazy and random damn i love this anime more and more
Leo and White's scene at the end was cute <3
May 3, 2015 2:42 AM

Apr 2014
the more i watch Kekkai Sensen the more i like it :D
great epesode
May 3, 2015 2:47 AM

Jul 2014
This show is so random yet so fun every week. It's really great, especially when it has so far been able to make me like every single character that has appeared. Other than this show's usual charms, there seems to be some interesting stuff going on behind the scenes with Femt and White's brother. Who knows where that will lead? Also, that scene at the movie with Leo and White was real nice, and quite unexpected for a series as madcap as this.
May 3, 2015 4:51 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The detailed backgrounds.
The crazy, memorable characters.
The amazing OST.
The sheer energy of it all.
The completely out of the blue TWINS reference!

I friggin and absolutely love this show. I wish they made more stuff like this.

But of course, no one will buy it in Japan. We all know what sells.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 3, 2015 4:54 AM

Jul 2014
So we have the official release of when the OST is coming ? Damn nice, but July ? Damn that's too long, Fantastic episode ! I love every single song they used, Damn i need to get it soon >.>
I love how detailed the background was, as well as crazy, memorable character in it. I do hope this series could last forever.

Farabeuf said:
The amazing OST.

You just summed everything regarding this series.

May 3, 2015 5:01 AM

Jul 2014
Farabeuf said:
The amazing OST.

It's estimated to have 6.8k sales, which is pretty darn good.
"Hi!"
May 3, 2015 6:04 AM

Jan 2014
AnimeFan500 said:
I LOVE KEKKAI SENSEN <3

u gt ma upvote bruh

Had so much fun with the show, from the beginning till the preview.
Half serious, half joking and bang the almighty OSTs.
Seriously gonna get ma hands on one of the OSTs disc.
The art is superb on it's own way. Linear yet 3D-istic (the scene where Leo smuggled White)
Jizz it's just so good <3
You will soon learn that a heart that choose to exist, even in a life filled with pain, will one day allow us to meet again.
With the world's blessings, we will meet again and again, forever returning to the homeworld we've yet to see.
Many, many times.

May 3, 2015 6:09 AM

Aug 2013
I didn't expect to much about this series but it's a very good surprise, 5/5 for me.
May 3, 2015 6:18 AM

Jan 2011
EnigmaticTD said:
The parody of Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Danny DeVito's Twins had me laughing my ass off...

That and "Hainz" aka Heinz ketchup. This show is pulling so many random silly references, it makes me happy lol

I also loved the way Leo asked White out on a date and then basically dragged her along at lightning speed to hide his embarrassment. They're adorable together.

Oh yeah. Aligura is my new favourite thing in this show. I demand more screentime for her and Femt.
-content has been filtered for the use of inappropriate words or phrases-
May 3, 2015 6:33 AM

Nov 2014
Leo being taken hostage again
May 3, 2015 6:34 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode, as always.
How can they find Dog handsome? I mean wtf xD
Aligura's voice was kinda annoying, but also really entertaining haha
The end was really cute, I enjoyed seeing Leo and White together.

May 3, 2015 6:37 AM

Apr 2014
Usually I hate it when a show introduces new characters every episode and do things in just one episode but Kekkai Sensen knows how to handle all it. Its amazing how they even managed to develop both Leo and White's relationship alongside the craziness that just happened in this episode. I also agree that the last bit of scene with Leo and White was really adorable.

Vindstot said:
> "Do you read me, Leonardo?"
> "Hai! -- ♪...nz's ketchup sure is thick blues... ♪" LOLOLOL! I died! XD

Indeed. That part was really hilarious.

And now knowing Aligura's creepy and crazy personality, I wouldn't mind seeing more of her in future episode. She's quite fun to watch^^
May 3, 2015 7:01 AM

Jun 2014
This anime is fcking good! So hilarious!
Zapp is best boy!
May 3, 2015 7:23 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
YEEART said:
Farabeuf said:
The amazing OST.

Are the BD's already out? Or is this preorder figures?

In any case, this is good news. There's still hope for stuff like this to keep getting made.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 3, 2015 7:37 AM

Jul 2014
Farabeuf said:
YEEART said:

In any case, this is good news. There's still hope for stuff like this to keep getting made.

Yup, it is based of preorder figures. I'm amazed something adapted by Bones can get over 4k sales (judging from the past 5 years).
"Hi!"
May 3, 2015 7:51 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
YEEART said:
Farabeuf said:

Yup, it is based of preorder figures. I'm amazed something adapted by Bones can get over 4k sales (judging from the past 5 years).

The OP song is selling shitloads. That's also helping the series to get recognized.
May 3, 2015 9:32 AM

Oct 2011
This anime and FSN are tied for my favourite series this season.

Great episode.
May 3, 2015 10:53 AM

Apr 2014
Chains "good luck" 5/5. Curious what the vampire kid wants with Leo, guess we'll find out soon.
---------My Profile------------
May 3, 2015 11:20 AM

Jul 2012
It's getting better and better with each episode ;D
May 3, 2015 11:23 AM

Jan 2014
Craziness is over 9.000 as usual per the series. Overblown, exaggerated, comical, it just goes KABOOM!!! Except this time it did so from beginning to end so it was quite enjoyable.

Aligura freaked me out, the way she explained her "cooking" sent chills down my entire body, and it still does. Her conversation with Leo was fun, even if Leo profited from it somewhat, it was still she declaring her blind and one-sided, maniacal and egotistical sense of love. Well worth of her title I'd say.

The new character is fun though (well characterS to be precise). I did not got the trick they used in the end, if somebody could explain me I'd be grateful. And I liked the Leo and White moment, that was sweet.
May 3, 2015 11:41 AM

Dec 2014
Loved this episode. I loved the insanity of Aligura. Also, more Zapp and Leo interactions, which are always fun to see on screen.
Definitely 5/5.
May 3, 2015 12:06 PM

Apr 2009
Great episode. Looking forward to hamburgers next week ;)
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 9, 2015

261 by InfraCreeper »»
Yesterday, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2015

346 by Zealiant »»
May 21, 11:35 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2015

258 by bucciest »»
Apr 20, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

197 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 18, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

357 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 17, 7:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.