Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 12, 2015 6:19 AM

Jul 2013
Great episode.
LOL Zapp. Funny guy.
His skills too..
Little confused about what Leonardo did there though..
Can't wait for more.
Apr 12, 2015 6:27 AM

Jan 2011
That ED is on par with the death parade OP. Epic and fun :) Love how the OST is like chill through the battles.

Pacing was a bit better than ep 1 though I'm still confused for the most part of it. Feels like they had trouble fitting the story in this episode especially with all the unnecessary jump cuts everywhere.
Apr 12, 2015 6:37 AM

Apr 2014
Oooh this episode was so good and Zapp is such a troll. I lold when he kept stealing Leonardo's pizza. Ghost white girl looks pretty interesting.

The ending was fabulous and one of the best I've seen this season.
Apr 12, 2015 6:49 AM

Mar 2012
Anybody else thinks the ghost girl looks kinda like Maka or is it just me? I'm really taking a liking to this anime.
Apr 12, 2015 7:12 AM

Jan 2014
Hmm a ghost you say >-> I have a hard time believing that, given that nothing about her made her look dead. Great episode.
Apr 12, 2015 7:12 AM

Sep 2013
TravSavage said:
Anybody else thinks the ghost girl looks kinda like Maka or is it just me? I'm really taking a liking to this anime.

Maka as in Maka Albarn from Soul Eater? I of all people didn't notice it so no?
Apr 12, 2015 7:17 AM

Apr 2013
love it.

music is so good. the op the ed the ost

so far my AOTS candidate so damn fun to watch
Apr 12, 2015 7:55 AM

Aug 2014
I was excited until the 2 min mark, this stupid episodic comedy routines are gonna kill the show. And again for some "high production value" they show absolutely zero combat and again repeated scenes to kill timeslot. This would have been a much much better episode one than the trash we had last week, might as well been with the redundant explanations. It's interesting enough to wanna see another ep. but mediocre af. What a shame that such a good song is wasted on this OP. Even the atmosphere of the world is great. Just shit characters and directing. I hope this gets better. I cause I do like it.
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Apr 12, 2015 8:07 AM

Jul 2007
BlurredVision18 said:
I was excited until the 2 min mark, this stupid episodic comedy routines are gonna kill the show. And again for some "high production value" they show absolutely zero combat and again repeated scenes to kill timeslot. This would have been a much much better episode one than the trash we had last week, might as well been with the redundant explanations. It's interesting enough to wanna see another ep. but mediocre af. What a shame that such a good song is wasted on this OP. Even the atmosphere of the world is great. Just shit characters and directing. I hope this gets better. I cause I do like it.

Production value =/= combat

This is clearly not really an action show.

If you want mindles action fireworks go for ubw and not good shows.
Apr 12, 2015 8:08 AM

Oct 2012
BlurredVision18 said:

Honestly, if all you're looking for is an action series then I'd suggest you drop this now because you'll inevitably be disappointed.
Apr 12, 2015 8:10 AM

Dec 2010
Now this pretty much gets rid of all my doubts from the first episode. This was what I wanted from this series. Character interactions, action scenes, some mysteries building up, all the while having great animation. I really can't complain, probably one of my favorite shows from this season right now.
Apr 12, 2015 8:48 AM

Dec 2012
BlurredVision18 said:

It's pretty obvious from the start it's not going to be super serious anime show. So some comedy would not hurt at all. It would be a whole different thing when the anime started out with a serious tone then suddenly shifted to full on crazy/comedy.
High production value does not always translate to an action-packed episode. It could translate to the fluidity of the animation, the art style, background scenery, etc.
Repeated scenes? When exactly?
I like anime.
Apr 12, 2015 9:05 AM

Apr 2014
Good episode. I really like the directing of the show so far. It seems like in the beginning we will get more episodic episodes that showcase all the members abilities while slowly unveiling the mystery behind the Eyes of the Gods. This time we got to see Klaus' abilities and it was indeed really cool.

So the girl at the cemetery was a ghost, huh? I wonder if Leonardo is the only one who is able to see her?
Apr 12, 2015 9:16 AM

Apr 2013
This show is pretty fun!
Apr 12, 2015 9:23 AM

Jun 2011
Zapp really reminds me of Mugen from SC.
Apr 12, 2015 9:54 AM

Aug 2014
Mindless Fireworks show? 90% of generic shounen are trash. Not what I want. This is the same mindless shounen so far without the fireworks. Instead they pose and call out a move but they're drawn well. Big difference, right?

With the synopsis and genres listed. This didn't sound like a comedy at all or a battle shounen. But you're right. It's obvious what this show is all about. Generic slapstick comedy routines, some which were kinda funny, and wacky superheroes. Just not what was expected.

The scenes I'm referring to are the wasted first half of episode one and the beginning and end of this with Zapp following Leo. And basically a second character introduction and world description that just waste time. Are we gonna hear a third newscast next week about how the city came to be? Or maybe get a story to develop?

These are minor gripes, the show isn't bad but it's not good so far. I do love the style and atmosphere of the world.
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Apr 12, 2015 11:36 AM
Nov 2013
God, I am loving these Baccano/Durarara vibes I am getting from this show. Another excellent episode.

Bump of Chicken is like Japanese Rise Against. Loving the soundtrack
Apr 12, 2015 11:58 AM

Jul 2012
Loving this:
Ost is awesome
Action scenes look great
OP/ED are beastly
Characters are cool (Leonardo's weak, but not a bitch; Zapp's hilarious, and the entire cast has a good flow with their quirks)

And the overarching story (while not much has been revealed) intrigues me. Honestly, one of my favorite animes this season.......definitely better than another certain vampire series *cough,owari, cough*.

BlurredVision18 said:
Mindless Fireworks show? 90% of generic shounen are trash. Not what I want. This is the same mindless shounen so far without the fireworks. Instead they pose and call out a move but they're drawn well. Big difference, right?

With the synopsis and genres listed. This didn't sound like a comedy at all or a battle shounen. But you're right. It's obvious what this show is all about. Generic slapstick comedy routines, some which were kinda funny, and wacky superheroes. Just not what was expected.

The scenes I'm referring to are the wasted first half of episode one and the beginning and end of this with Zapp following Leo. And basically a second character introduction and world description that just waste time. Are we gonna hear a third newscast next week about how the city came to be? Or maybe get a story to develop?

These are minor gripes, the show isn't bad but it's not good so far. I do love the style and atmosphere of the world.

Dude, its second episode,chill a little. It may just be starting off with 1 or 2 more relaxed episodes to introduce/flesh out the world and characters for the audience before it gets to its actual content. There's something about this that's not screaming "episodic, slapstick pseudo-shounen comedy "
AnimeOverlordApr 12, 2015 12:09 PM
Apr 12, 2015 12:18 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Enjoyed this much more than the premiere. It oozes style and atmosphere and has great sequences/shots as well as a killer OST.

Zappo confirmed for a tsundere too.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 12, 2015 12:29 PM

Sep 2013
Nobody can just enjoy a entertaining show anymore :(
Now it's the comedy haters infesting the thread, disgusting :(

That car thou :O
That sword monster sure was a pushover :(
New eye powers, cool to see him getting more abilities.
A blond ghost :)
Apr 12, 2015 12:50 PM

Mar 2015
I do like this show so far, and I think the comedy blends in a lot more than it might in other shows *side-eyes Plastic Memories*. This episode did feel a bit rushed, but it wasn't too bad. The OP and ED sound fantastic. I love how this show feels like a mix of Cowboy Bebop and Durarara. The OST sounds great so far too (especially that song at 16:40!! SO Bebop)
I'm looking forward to the rest of this series.

Apr 12, 2015 1:10 PM

Jul 2010
Loving this.If not Ore Monogatari this would be my favorite this season.
Pre-ordering opening single too, because it's best this season.Love Bump of Chicken forever.
Apr 12, 2015 1:30 PM
Aug 2011
BlurredVision18 said:

Ya' in for a baaad time, because in the manga, Leo does the introduction each time, at the begging of the book, giving a bit of new information each time, for which I assume is so that people can start on it at any point.

Tbh, I feel ya being a bit too hard on it, It's not as "slap sticky" as you are making it out to be, and it's not meant to be serious 100% if the time ether, not at all. If i'm honest it's a nice mix of slice-of-life, Fantasy, Action, and Si-fi. It gives it a rather.. Mmmm organic feeling too it.

Ahh I really love the music and seeing that ending was way to much for me, Klaus dancing is a weakness. I really like how it stayed true too the manga chapter, even adding in little details on how things happen that we didn't see in the manga. (Like how chain exactly lost the car, we didn't get to see it shift illusion from the truck to the little car)

I'm also surprised with the number of "black" characters in the background! Don't normally see a lot of that kind of character design in anime.

I hope this gets a second season, 12 episodes is just not enough, and I'd love to see my favorite chapter from book 6, and book 4, too be translated into a episode.
Atlanta-hammyApr 12, 2015 1:35 PM
Apr 12, 2015 1:45 PM

Jul 2014
That was brilliant. Excellent purely entertainment-wise. Soundtrack is overall fitting and the ED is distilled fun. Animation a bit iffy in some places but nothing major.
Apr 12, 2015 2:41 PM

Apr 2013
One thing's for sure - this episode restored my faith in the show.

Also - I hope to see more of Chain.
Apr 12, 2015 3:02 PM

Jul 2014
Awesome episode!
Leonardo's eyes are so epic! (seriously, if the lenses of his ''godly eyes'' come someday online.. then please, somebody.. give me the link *-* )
I hope that he keeps developing and learns to fight like Zapp.

Omg i ship Zapp and ''Dog-girl'' so much *-* (that's what he calls her)

I want to hear the full version of the opening and ending so badly right now ><

Can't wait for the next episode! If this anime keeps going or gets better than it will be my favorite! ( + hoping for more episodes! Even 12 episodes confirmed >< )
Apr 12, 2015 3:15 PM

Apr 2013
It's still awesome, I have high hopes for this one!

And I'm sure this has alreadyy been mentioned but Zapps technique reminds me so much of Kyoukai no Kanata^^ But unlike that show's blood bender, Zapp is a really cool guy^^
Apr 12, 2015 3:47 PM

Dec 2010
I'm loving this so much.
I'm glad they didn't get rid of the monkey, I like it ahah!

I would really like to get my hands on the manga, gotta buy it as soon as possible.
Apr 12, 2015 4:20 PM

Apr 2013
Hey this show is done by Bones so it's going to be yet another masterpiece of the season like in the previous one *cough*Captain Earth*cough*
Apr 12, 2015 4:36 PM

Jan 2013
Always-Hungry said:
*cough*Captain Earth*cough*

Shh... we shouldn't talk about it.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Apr 12, 2015 4:46 PM

Dec 2012
BlurredVision18 said:

Mindless shounen like what exactly? So far, this is far from it. Yes, maybe the characters are not that fleshed out, the protagonist is not the most unique, & so on. But to say it's a mindless shounen is pretty bold statement & I would like to know why you say that. Is it just because they named every special move the characters did & the characters posed before doing the move? If that's the case, then I would like to say that's not what differentiate between a mindless shounen & not a mindless shounen. Yes, that's one of the tropes, but just because this anime has that does not mean it's automatically a mindless shounen.

Generic slapstick comedy? You want a generic slapstick comedy? Try Log Horizon, Your Lie in April, or The Seven Deadly Sins. After that, you will see the difference.

Oh, I see. That mere 20 seconds out of 24 minutes repeated scenes annoyed you? And that's when Leo reminiscing those moments, so it had purpose.
Yes, I agree. The reintroduction was unnecessary. And that's the only glaring bad thing in this episode.

If those are truly minor gripes, then how come you think so far this is not good & even as far as calling something shit? I am confused.
I like anime.
Apr 12, 2015 4:55 PM

Aug 2013
Really enjoying this series so far. Finally glad that Funi started streaming it so I could get it from HS.

This show is legit like the hybrid child of Cowboy Bebop and Eureka 7 (E7 because of Bones).

You have the jazzy ost and some sleek animation similarities to CB, and then you have the crazy cast centered around a teenage MC like E7.

Just watching those scenes with Zapp going after Leo and everyone fighting in the office reminded me of the Gekkostate crew.

OP and ED are great. The ED isn't something I'd probably put on my ipod, but I liked how funky it was and the crazy dancing visuals and stuff.

Hope that White girl isn't an enemy...but she's got crazy bitch eyes.

Goddamn, now I wanna rewatch Eureka 7 and Cowboy Bebop.
Apr 12, 2015 4:56 PM

Apr 2013
DawnJ said:
Always-Hungry said:
*cough*Captain Earth*cough*

Ohh sorry, my bad. I forgot that we're being watched.
Apr 12, 2015 5:03 PM

Aug 2013
BlurredVision18 said:

Hates mindless generic shounen
...has Shana in his top 5.

u fukkin w0t m8?
Apr 12, 2015 5:29 PM

Aug 2010
the OST is A+
Apr 12, 2015 5:35 PM

Jun 2013
Another pretty good episode, looking forward to watching this every week :)
Apr 12, 2015 5:38 PM

Sep 2011
Always-Hungry said:
DawnJ said:

Ohh sorry, my bad. I forgot that we're being watched.
dont remind us of the trauma

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 12, 2015 6:04 PM

Jul 2009
So, it's a mix of DRRR, Darker Than Black, Gintama, Baccano!, C, Kill la Kill, Deadman Wonderland, TTGL, X-Men and MIB. Did I missed one or two?

Anyway, this messing setup is kinda good compared to everything aired in this season, looks like Bones is getting back to where it belongs.

Also why I'm not surprised by the amount of butthurt and fanboys in this topic? No enough lolis/tits/panty shots in this episode? Was really hard to understand the story?
Jonny_MhlApr 12, 2015 6:23 PM
Apr 12, 2015 6:07 PM
Apr 2015
i first had doubts about this. i take it back. this show is gonna be awesome. it has good ost as well. can't wait for the rest
Apr 12, 2015 7:41 PM

Mar 2008
So we have Daisuke and Rie. Where is Sugita?! We need full Yorozuya! xD
Apr 12, 2015 7:55 PM

Jun 2014
hm.. it hasn't grabbed me so far! we shall see..
Apr 12, 2015 8:34 PM

Sep 2013
well that does it. I officially love kekkai sensen

Apr 12, 2015 9:17 PM

May 2013
That part where Zapp was taking the pizza was hilarious.
So in the end, he met a ghost girl. Now things are getting really interesting.
Apr 12, 2015 10:31 PM
Apr 2013
What an adorable ED!

I really love this show, it has such great characters and art and an equally great setting and story. Shaping up to be the best of this season along with Plastic Memories.
Apr 12, 2015 10:38 PM

Nov 2012
It nothing big just cute ghost want to be friends :DDDD
Apr 12, 2015 11:09 PM

Jul 2009
livingdarknet said:
It nothing big just cute ghost want to be friends :DDDD
FriendsSexfriends.
:D
Apr 13, 2015 12:01 AM

Nov 2013
Champloo+ Baccano!, but It's fucking stylish so far.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Apr 13, 2015 6:51 AM

Mar 2012
The Opening and the Ending was Too Cool ^o^
and The episode was Too Funny And Great! i Liked it <3
Hope this anime continue like this :3
Apr 13, 2015 8:08 AM

Dec 2014
Leonardo eye's i like it because it have blue color & soo powerfull!

nice ED i feel like watching death parade again
Apr 13, 2015 8:30 AM

Mar 2015
That radio scene in the start was pretty well done.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2015

347 by Saverpengu »»
May 28, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 9, 2015

261 by InfraCreeper »»
May 26, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2015

258 by bucciest »»
Apr 20, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

197 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 18, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

357 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 17, 7:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.