Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2015 4:24 AM

Oct 2014
Unreval!!!!!!! but Hide :( all in all very sad. And did Kaneki committed suicide at the end ?! Wtf. Think the ending was nice, but there is missing something. Like the fight for examble.... a little bit disappointing.
Mar 27, 2015 4:46 AM

Dec 2013
I believed in the potential of this anime when it went up to episode 11 and i loved how they did all the fighting scenes but this last epiosde was unacceptable. Why ruin a decent action packed anime with this kind of ending? I mean... they didn't even show what happened to the two Owls after they showed us an ending from episode 11... What the heck, and is kaneki actually dead? He committed suicide by letting Arima kill him? What is this? I don't get anything..

Well... i give this anime the benefit of the doubt and wait for Tokyo Ghoul :re

Hopefully that would be really good.
5/5 for this episode and 8/10 for this series. GG.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Mar 27, 2015 4:52 AM

Feb 2014
I would have give it a 9 if the ending wasn't like that.

Overall, I gave a 8 based on the fighting scenes from the past episodes.
Mar 27, 2015 4:54 AM
Feb 2014
Theorder14 said:
hmm, did Arima ever talked in the anime?
ye he said : at the sky :D
Mar 27, 2015 5:20 AM
Mar 27, 2015 5:51 AM
Nov 2010
I'm not sure what to think about this. Even though I somewhat disliked the first season, I watched this one for the potential it had, but it ends up the same way. I might watch the next one, too, if there is a sequel. The story has potential, but I feel they're just not doing something right with it.

Oh, well, not bad, I guess.
Tomislavr7Mar 27, 2015 5:57 AM
Mar 27, 2015 5:53 AM

Dec 2012
I'm...completely stumped on how to describe my feelings towards this conclusion. It started snowing where I live the moment the solemn version of Unravel started playing and it captured the essence of the scene perfectly. I'm not familiar with the source material so although I'm not even really sure what happened, perhaps I dodged a bullet given all of the negative reception I'm seeing. This episode was incredibly beautiful and depressing, literally sucking out every inch of my soul and leaving me breathless in the deafening silence. I might just be emotionally defeated from other anime I finished recently, but this really did resonate with me. I'm most certainly interested in the manga now.

9/10, I'm just going to make a special exception this time and say to hell with critical thinking and logic. I'll just go with how it made me feel.
Mar 27, 2015 6:10 AM

Jun 2011
Re-watched the episode and i noticed they did a huge error during the walk. The blanket covering Hide blew off and suddenly you can still see it on him secs later. How on earth can u miss something that simple >.>

6/10 as a whole.
Mar 27, 2015 6:30 AM

Jul 2013
THIS:
[spoiler]
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Mar 27, 2015 6:49 AM

Mar 2013
>4 minutes of Kaneki walking

Pretty much sums up this last episode of the season.
Mar 27, 2015 7:20 AM

Sep 2014
Uh....it was...eh. 5/10 meh. Atleast the previous 2 eps were good.
Mar 27, 2015 7:30 AM

Apr 2014
Hmm, it honestly felt like the ending could have been more impactful. It's probably just me but with the ending being set up the way it was... *possibly a Season 3*? However, from the looks of both seasons, it feels like TG in general has a trend of possessing a strong start but always trips and faceplants at the end, which is a shame =/
Mar 27, 2015 7:38 AM

Aug 2013
READ THE FUCKING MANGA THE ANIME IS UTTER SHIT
huh
Mar 27, 2015 7:56 AM

Jul 2014
THEY FUCKING KILLED MY HUSBANDO! Why did they kill Hide ffs? This is the worst shit ever.
Maya24Mar 27, 2015 7:07 PM
Mar 27, 2015 8:13 AM
Jul 2014
It is really a shame this show turned out the way it did. It had great potential from the beginning, but the storyline was totally random.

They go into a prison to free someone idgaf about, why? He randomly attacks Kaneki, why? We never see him again, why? The boss of Aogiri is seemingly unvincible, why, and who the fuck is he?

Owls daughter likes Kaneki, why? Owls daughter carriers her dad away and has an evil laugh, why? Touka is totally useless, why? Some agents are OP as fuck, why? Why are the twins introduced, and where are they now?

Everyone likes to look at the sky and daydream, why? Why didn't the people from Anteiku just leave and find someplace else, they knew what was coming.

I could keep going on and on, basically this anime is a mixture of random things happening and "emotionally laden scenes" that amount to nothing.

3/10
Mar 27, 2015 8:26 AM
永遠の銀魂

Jul 2012
i'm bummed about hide, i didn't realise he was the one bleeding out until it was obvious
i should have questioned how he got out of his conflict alive a little earlier, i guess..
the animation was decent. i definitely teared up at acoustic unravel, i'm weak for this anime's music (as well as it's opening/ending sequences in general)
all the goddamn plot holes and general lack of explanation.. maybe i'll get off my ass and finally finish reading the manga
ah well
Mar 27, 2015 8:41 AM

Sep 2013
I honestly didn't really understand much of what was happening but I cried buckets of tears like wth imagine if I /did/ know what's going on T__T Hide is so precious!! Kaneki too!!!
Mar 27, 2015 8:54 AM

Jan 2011
Why did they show Kaneki's hair turning black? The scene after, it was still white. They also kept showing black hair flowing in the air... Can anyone explain?
Mar 27, 2015 10:03 AM
Jul 2018
Last Episode! I hate when an anime has a very unsatisfying ending. Hide died and the epic fight between Arima and Kaneki was reduced to the sound of Arima opening the bag?? the only episodes that were perfect to watch in this anime are 9-10-11 the rest were meh imo.

Ayato saving Touka though that was a real nice touch and this version of Unravel is just epic.

That's a hint in the end or something? wont be any time soon either way, unless its another anime original.

Time to go and read the sequel manga.
Mar 27, 2015 10:30 AM

Jun 2011
Mar 27, 2015 10:34 AM
Oct 2007
sigh..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2015 11:13 AM

Jun 2011
Ok, i hope someday in the future they decide to do a Tokyo Ghoul: Brotherhood. That studio made a huge mess with a amazing mangá.
Mar 27, 2015 11:31 AM

Sep 2011
i don't read the manga, and based on the anime only i didn't understand a s***
we haven't seen the fight between Kaneki and Arima !! and what's with the black hair scenes?
what is the point of carrying Hide around like that ? and soooo many questions are there
this anime is obviously not a 12 ep. type, so why forcefully make it 12 ep ?!!!

i'm pretty much sure the original storyline is epic, but the anime is just a complete mess
Mar 27, 2015 11:35 AM
Feb 2015
AMG i love the ending!!!!!
Really sad tho ;-;
9.5/10
Mar 27, 2015 11:56 AM

Aug 2014
So it was Hide who is in Kaneki's hands. I get the same feeling as at the first season, I just don't get the half plot, because I don't read manga. So much build up for nothing.

xFrown said:
It is really a shame this show turned out the way it did. It had great potential from the beginning, but the storyline was totally random.

They go into a prison to free someone idgaf about, why? He randomly attacks Kaneki, why? We never see him again, why? The boss of Aogiri is seemingly unvincible, why, and who the fuck is he?

Owls daughter likes Kaneki, why? Owls daughter carriers her dad away and has an evil laugh, why? Touka is totally useless, why? Some agents are OP as fuck, why? Why are the twins introduced, and where are they now?

Everyone likes to look at the sky and daydream, why? Why didn't the people from Anteiku just leave and find someplace else, they knew what was coming.

I could keep going on and on, basically this anime is a mixture of random things happening and "emotionally laden scenes" that amount to nothing.

3/10

Totally agree, tho I gave higher points bcuz I loved the whole concept of the 2nd season.
Mar 27, 2015 12:00 PM

Mar 2014
Ah man that was just amazing, full of emotion and not a bad way too end it (although I was expecting more especially Arima Vs Kaneki -_-)

Nevertheless I was extremely satisfied and it's great they play Unravel because it's the song that is perfect for this anime !!

[spoiler] So it was Hide that Kaneki was carrying. A bit sad though that he died T_T[spoiler]
Mar 27, 2015 12:13 PM

Jul 2009
this wasn't half bad if you think of it as a standalone series

buuuutt.... go read the mangos
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 27, 2015 12:35 PM

Jul 2009
I still can't believe Amon is dead, where is his body?! =/
Hide's dead was sad too, good thing Ayato didn't let Touka follow Kaneki...well, and again it ended with a cliffhanger!
bittersweetloveMar 28, 2015 3:27 AM
Mar 27, 2015 12:53 PM

Dec 2013
While it was obviously way different than the manga, I actually liked this ending. For me, even though like 85% of it was directly taken from the manga, I just treated this season as a separate thing entirely, so somehow that made it easier to watch and enjoy for what it was.

I felt like this episode still did a really good job of capturing the mood in how dark, sad, and defeated it was. Kaneki and Hide really hurt, while the inclusion of Touka opening up the :re cafe was a nice addition that gave some hope at the end.

Even though I still prefer the manga, I think that if you view this as something separate, then it's still a good show.
Mar 27, 2015 1:03 PM
Oct 2010
Is this supposed to be the ending in the manga to? Or a better question, where does this occur in the manga? Obviously spoiler your reply.
Mar 27, 2015 1:21 PM

Mar 2014
There's something I don't understand : Why is there so many characters introduced in some episodes and you actually know nothing about them ? They even disapeared in the end, I never read the manga so It looks like the serie isn't over for me..
Mar 27, 2015 1:22 PM

May 2010
wtf the part with Hide is sadder than in the manga I did not sign up for this.
Mar 27, 2015 1:28 PM

Apr 2013
CreamZi said:
Well, not really a fan of that kind of ending, but the way Hide expressed himself until the end was respectable.

i liked that part too

but then all those scenes showing hair in air...I understand the importance between Kaneki's various psychological states and his hair colour but they could have hold back.

the ending credits were more interesting (for someone who read the manga, I don't know, that may play a role). maybe it's the illustration maybe because there's something going on in the background.
KoSparrowsMar 27, 2015 1:38 PM
Mar 27, 2015 1:41 PM

Jan 2013
Oh man. Hahaha! Tokyo Ghoul is the series that keeps on giving. First, the episode had tons of feeling. Tugged at my heartstrings, it did. But as that walk kept going, I knew there was a troll in the vicinity. It's a shame someone screwed up the scene order, though--we were supposed to have even more walking-with-a-sheet time before it blew off to reveal Hide, instead of sheet-then-reveal-then-resheet-Hide. That said, a good ending made great by... all of the manga readers whining and raging! Oh sweet nectar! Ambrosia!

We knew from the start that season 2 was not going to follow the manga--and we weren't promised it'd be completely original either. But the concept for the new story and who-knows-how-much-of-the-details came from Sui Ishida, so it's not like Pierrot just did whatever they wanted with it. Abandon All Hope, Ye Fellow Manga Readers... er, you should have before the second season started. I enjoyed the hell out of it, myself.

But such sweet trolling and smart marketing. They can start Anime:re whenever they want now--it's not tied to the manga and thus not limited by the manga's progression. It can show much of the stuff they skipped-but-not-entirely in Root A, like the twins, a certain alive someone, that monster they broke out of the prison, etc. It can lace that in with as much or as little of the Manga:re premise as they want and screw around with the timeline. Kaneki isn't dead, Amon is almost certainly not dead. Manga:re has like a 3 year time skip, Anime:re has no reason to do so--and doesn't, if that unchanged hairstyle at the end is any indication.
Mar 27, 2015 2:10 PM

Sep 2014
Hmm, Tokyo Ghoul, however exaggerated in terms of popularity of anime. I didn't like too much, mainly through huge holes fiction, bad animation, annoying characters and the world unrealistic. While watching was experiencing negative feelings with rare glimpses into something positive. The worst aspect were characters, all except Kaneki were a hopeless.
What I will remember from this series? -> Good first openning and the last scene of Kaneki and killed Hide.
3/10 for a 2nd season and 4/10 for first -.-
I don't like it.
Mar 27, 2015 2:24 PM
Jun 2012
The ending was to be expected and cutting right when there should be action, Tokyo Ghoul anime wasn't worth watching plus manga is so much better.
Mar 27, 2015 2:46 PM

Nov 2014
Xaveny said:
Hmm, Tokyo Ghoul, however exaggerated in terms of popularity of anime. I didn't like too much, mainly through huge holes fiction, bad animation, annoying characters and the world unrealistic. While watching was experiencing negative feelings with rare glimpses into something positive. The worst aspect were characters, all except Kaneki were a hopeless.
What I will remember from this series? -> Good first openning and the last scene of Kaneki and killed Hide.
3/10 for a 2nd season and 4/10 for first -.-
I don't like it.

Kind of ironic that you call the TG characters ''a hopeless'' and the show unrealistic and full of plot holes when you have an Akame Ga Kill! avatar.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2015 2:47 PM

Nov 2011
well it was unexpected that Hide will get this ending, I didn't want him to die *cries*
tragedy episode but at least someone from Anteiku had a happy ending "Touka"
I hope that the word " :RE " is a hint for another adaption.
To desire some results, one must take actions
Mar 27, 2015 3:05 PM

Jul 2011
Maaaaaaan wtf I did not expect to cry a lil for TG finale. Wanted action but got tears instead wtfffff HIDEEEEe
Mar 27, 2015 3:58 PM

Jun 2013
Improvement from season 1, but that's not saying much. I understand what they we're trying to do, but it just ended up failing in my eyes. A majority of this episode was just Kaneki walking while holding Hide. They tried too hard to be "deep" this episode. It just felt too anticlimactic with how they left it.
Mar 27, 2015 4:01 PM

Jun 2014
I'm trying so hard not to be judgmental but...ugh HOW COULD THEY NOT SHOW THE FIGHT?!

Frankly, this season made the series look really bad. None of the good character interaction and development (Kaneki is not actually this boring, I promise), they skipped the best fights in the show/changed them so much that they count for nothing, and they didn't animate the last chapter at all as far as I could see. (Sorry, that was an unintended rant).

To be fair, it had some good points. The ending with :re being opened made me excited, but I'll try not to get my hopes up too high. Also, the ending song and art were really good.

But yeah, to those who don't read the manga, please do not hate Tokyo Ghoul. Never judge a series by its anime.
Mar 27, 2015 4:04 PM

Aug 2014
ojido said:
There's something I don't understand : Why is there so many characters introduced in some episodes and you actually know nothing about them ? They even disapeared in the end, I never read the manga so It looks like the serie isn't over for me..

Now that the show is over, I can safely say it was only to interest more people and make the show look like it has a lot to offer. In Layman's terms: false advertising.

Anyone even remember the guy in the first episode who was with Kuro and Shiro, the one who's face we couldn't see? This is getting funnier the more I think about it...
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Mar 27, 2015 4:06 PM
Apr 2014
Am I the only one that thinks this season was a fuckin train wreck after they ended the first one in a cliffhanger? Really waited for this and then it turns out to be utter crap and as far away from the source as possible without losing the base for the story.

You can't even watch this to catch up to the manga(so many things unclear). "Route A" probably fits this quite well as name because this definitely isn't the same route the manga follows. I mean the only thing the source and this season share is that Eto caught her father and Shinohara is unconscious.

God this pisses me off so much. I really wanted to see this after the first season ended in a cliffhanger. Now I wish I had followed my first thought and didn't even start to watch the first season back then. I expected as much after the first few episodes were boring as fuck but I didn't expect it to end like that.

People saying this was better than the first season. Are you kidding me? The only thing it did better was the censoring and only because there were less opportunities for it to fuck up. The story jumped all over the place. The story wasn't true to the source. The fights were horrible mostly. If at all season two was on the same level as season one.

Man I'm definitely not "hyped" for the continuation of this. And I think we all know this is going to go on. Was pretty obvious at the end. Besides they ended it in a cliffhanger again. Too many signs. Maybe they manage to get my hopes back with a neat trailer but that really has to be a master piece of a trailer considering I don't even like the idea of :RE.

FUCK. GIVE ME MORE OF THE REAL TOKYO GHOUL. NOT THIS SHIT. Why even skip so much -.- There aren't even enough chapters yet for a whole season of :RE...
Mar 27, 2015 4:07 PM

Apr 2010
..... people cry about this ? xD
Anime wasn't bad after all but didn't really get into the story, sadly.

And seeing Kaneki's "end" in the manga, think i prefer the anime ending with his friend in his arms in the end...

Still have the feeling the story had much more potential than what was shown in both seasons though :(
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vercammen312
Monster girls club card: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=27137
See profile for exemples.
Mar 27, 2015 4:38 PM

Jan 2012
hopenheim said:
so Kaneki is dead or alive? What happen to Manager and his daughter(aka owl)????

Man this anime ended up so confusing me...

Basically Kaneki is "dead" because during the fight with Arima (that they censored), [spoiler] Arima actually pierces Kaneki through the skull of his eye which turned Kaneki insane before killing him. SPOILER; Read at your own risk...[spoiler] Kaneki isn't actually dead though, because he later becomes Sasaki Haise and forgets he is Kaneki Ken and a Ghoul.

Managers daughter (Eto/Sen/Second Owl) swallowed Manager whole (while in her ghoul form) and escaped before Arima killed them both, so they're both still alive.
Club Aerosol
Mar 27, 2015 5:15 PM

Sep 2014
The first 2 Tokyo Ghoul anime seasons got animated by Studio Pierrot, right (lol)? Is it still possible that ANOTHER studio will continue withr the :RE part, or is it too late because studio Pierrot has the ''rights''?
Mar 27, 2015 5:28 PM

Apr 2010
Joke of an adaptation had a joke of an ending. Not surprised.
Mar 27, 2015 6:16 PM

Dec 2012
Oh man that ending, no why Hide. They may decide to start off that fight with Kaneki and Arima at the beginning of the 3rd season if they make one. Also to the people who say the anime is shit and go read the manga what the fuck are you still doing watching this anime if you hate it so much. I just don't understand the logic of these people.
Mar 27, 2015 6:34 PM

Mar 2010
Disappointing. I understand this episode was supposed to be an exodus but I can't feel anything for the characters. This anime would have been a lot better if it focused more on character development .
Mar 27, 2015 6:35 PM
Mar 2015
I don't really get the story.. It's confusing
Like seriously? Kaneki die or not? e.ea
If he died, my heart can't stand it
It's just so sad.
So when hide said "lets go home" , that means die together?
Pages (16) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » overhated?

FruitPunchBaka - May 22

36 by Yuqie_ »»
Jul 7, 1:34 PM

» This season was amazing, no cap.

GoatPieceLuffy - May 30

42 by Yuqie_ »»
Jul 7, 1:31 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

403 by vladyatsuk »»
Jun 17, 10:14 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2015

375 by vladyatsuk »»
Jun 17, 9:00 PM

» How do you feel

JoahAnime - Apr 18, 2022

38 by lunathecatxx »»
May 11, 5:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.