Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 30, 2014 9:13 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, this episode was intense. I already had a bad feeling about this case and this episode confirms it. Poor inspectors...they are a bit helpless in this episode.

Not only that but they are left at the mercy of their captors. That hostage situation really got out of control though even with the sybil system crisis. Anyways, that ended quite bloody. So far, this season has been a bloodfest ouch.
Oct 30, 2014 9:18 AM

Nov 2007
Very cruel. Everyone is forced to be stropped, and getting shot. It is hard to find info. about "Kamui".

The police inside cannot shoot him because of the value not matching for shooting. New gun that shot from faraway and those group shot that officer and people instead because of the value sees them as the criminals.

10 mins. delay next?
tsubasaloverOct 30, 2014 9:40 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 30, 2014 9:32 AM

Apr 2009
( ゚ Д゚)

fucking christ
Oct 30, 2014 9:35 AM

May 2009
Brutal
Oct 30, 2014 10:32 AM
Mar 2014
Oh. My. God. IMHO, this is getting better and better, starting to topple season 1. While that one was pretty good.
Gruesome scene though, that execution of the whole group.
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Nth incarnation of NRVNQSR

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)
Oct 30, 2014 10:34 AM

Dec 2013
Holy Crap.
Shit got real that episode. Lethal Eliminator slaughterfest.

R.I.P. Aoyanagi
If I forget to reply feel free to drop a message or comment on my profile!
Oct 30, 2014 10:36 AM

Sep 2012
Dayumn that was FUCKED UP.
Rip Aoyonagi, I'll miss your sexy underwear.
Oh god who are you people?
Oct 30, 2014 10:36 AM

Jun 2014
Mind-blowing episode
Oct 30, 2014 10:42 AM

Apr 2014
Damn it! this is extremely intense! I think if they continue this I can't take it anymore.
And they are introducing new characters to replace the old ones?! Is the New Writer was making this his own work?!
Rest in peace Inspector Risa Aoyanagi you'll be missed (We just seen her sexy body and got more screen time just to be killed?! Damn it!!!)
RayzerOct 30, 2014 10:54 AM
Haters always gonna hate.
Oct 30, 2014 10:43 AM

Sep 2011
Sadly they got the wrong inspector this episode. Hopefully though its only a matter of time before that Shimotsuki bitch dies as well.

edit: Its also hard to believe how powerless the Inspectors are without their Dominators lol
RihanMOct 30, 2014 10:52 AM
Oct 30, 2014 10:44 AM

Jul 2014
What a great episode. If this doesn't make Inspector Shimotsuki stop outright protecting the Sibyl System for some inexplicable reason, I don't know what will.
Oct 30, 2014 10:48 AM

Oct 2010
What color are you Sibyl?
Oct 30, 2014 10:52 AM

Apr 2014
danieltortoisee said:
What a great episode. If this doesn't make Inspector Shimotsuki stop outright protecting the Sibyl System for some inexplicable reason, I don't know what will.

I guess after witnessing just what happened she will lower her pride and will seek for help from Inspector Akane and will also follow her advices.
But this is just my Theory and it could happened or not. (I seriously/deeply hope this will happened)
Oct 30, 2014 10:55 AM

Aug 2013
Wow, it was strong.
It was like warning for whole civilization, that we can't relay on computers/programs and electronic systems.
Nice episode.
5/5
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 30, 2014 10:59 AM

Nov 2013
Holy fuck, that episode was absolutely crazy.

This series just got a whole lot better with this episode though, felt a tonne better than the last ones.

Mika is really really really killing me by this point.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Oct 30, 2014 11:02 AM

Jul 2012
This episode was pretty violent >_>

I kind of saw it coming that Aoyanagi would die, although I was hoping I was wrong :/

Shimotsuka really irritated me this episode - she is still so firmly grounded to the Sybil system that she can't even think for herself.

{TCO}::..::{Listen}::..::{CCO}

Oct 30, 2014 11:03 AM

Jan 2013
They shot Aoyanagi...
Damn. I hate the fact that people obey and do everything because it was their order without even questioning. It was very cruel to kill the hostages just because they had a high psycho pass.

Oct 30, 2014 11:03 AM

Feb 2009
Better than anything in season 1.

This writer has balls.
Oct 30, 2014 11:09 AM

Sep 2013
What the actual fuck... Among all the animes I watched, this episode is really one of the most mindfucking one I ever seen.
-

I've always... always been watching you... This whole time... Because you were there... That's why I was able to try hard. So you could have some balance! So you wouldn't treat me like a kid! So you would see me as an actual girl! Even while you were gone... You were right here! You were right here in my heart!
Oct 30, 2014 11:10 AM

Aug 2010
That was F***ed up as F*** XD

Aoyanagi having the highest crime coefficient and how they all were shot to death.

Why can't they understand that this stupid Sibyl is just a messed up sham?!?!?!

Can Mika die already <_<
Oct 30, 2014 11:10 AM

Apr 2014
Iconoclast said:
Better than anything in season 1.
This writer has balls.

Got the balls to kill secondary characters he doesn't own and replace it with lame characters.
Oct 30, 2014 11:13 AM

Apr 2009
This episode really showed us that both sides of this conflict are mental. In my opinion the end doesn't justify the means for this Kamui guy (let me use these random people to forward my agenda), nor should you blindly believe in some device and gun down unarmed people.

I wonder if even Akane's hue is in danger if Kamui keeps this up.
Oct 30, 2014 11:13 AM

Jan 2014
HOLY CRAP THAT WAS FREAKIN GREAT EPISODE!!!!
Its everything I would expect from Psycho Pass 2.
Just comes to show that you dont need Gen Urobochi to write a show to make it brutal, the writer now is doing a fantastic job.
God Dam, I cant wait till next episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2014 11:14 AM

Jun 2009
No the shot just everyone -- makes it much easier then send them into therapie huh

and who are they shoters I mean what squad haven't seen them befor right
Oct 30, 2014 11:20 AM

Dec 2013
I imagine after this episode, the rating of PP 2 will go up. Because I consider these intense episodes to the best in any media, whether it's anime or a tv show.
Oct 30, 2014 11:21 AM

Oct 2009
So stupid, my head hurts v.v

So the Enforcers can see, the the Hue's inside the build are rising, so let's look outside of it for the source (or better: stand still for half an hour and do nothing while the hue's are rising even more and we can hear screams and shit from inside)! Well, nothing learned after the Makishima case...

And Aoyanagi's name should have been shown next to the hue on the assault dominator, considering she activated her own shortly before... or extremely shitty WLAN.
Oct 30, 2014 11:24 AM
Oct 2010
This episode was terrible.. something like 12 young people get overpowered by an unarmed old man and allow themselves to get pummeled one by one because .. I dunno? For the lulz?

Then the inspector drops the nail gun and picks up the dominator.. I can understand this from a legal standpoint, but not a practical one.. why the hell didn't she just shoot him with the nail gun. Did she forget that the dominator did not work the first time?

Also the scene where they all instantly saw when her dominated was activated.. I mean.. what happened with that when it was activated on the mia detective in episode 3? Why didn't the sniper rifle identify Aoyanagi as an inspector like dominators normally do?.. I dunno about you guys but there's a lot of inconsistency that's bothering me in this season.
Oct 30, 2014 11:26 AM
Aug 2012
Holy shit, what is this, a new Urobutcher?
Though it was pretty mindfuck, it was F***ing good. 9/10
Oct 30, 2014 11:26 AM

Jun 2009
darkreaver94 said:
Kannei said:
No the shot just everyone -- makes it much easier then send them into therapie huh

and who are they shoters I mean what squad haven't seen them befor right

They are division 3, some random people.

Ahh yeah thx ;D

---------------------------
their are soo many charas now without a name/history/information or anything they just throwing them in one by one

I hate it that the charas specially the main ones // including the new enforcers
doesn't evolve I main you barely see them or hear them speak right I wanna now more about hinakawa and Tougane :(
Oct 30, 2014 11:27 AM

Apr 2013
Damn, this episode was intense! I feel bad for Aoyanagi. Really shows how fucked up the system is.
Oct 30, 2014 11:27 AM

Dec 2013
skudoops said:
This episode was terrible.. something like 12 young people get overpowered by an unarmed old man and allow themselves to get pummeled one by one because .. I dunno? For the lulz?

Then the inspector drops the nail gun and picks up the dominator.. I can understand this from a legal standpoint, but not a practical one.. why the hell didn't she just shoot him with the nail gun. Did she forget that the dominator did not work the first time?

Also the scene where they all instantly saw when her dominated was activated.. I mean.. what happened with that when it was activated on the mia detective in episode 3? Why didn't the sniper rifle identify Aoyanagi as an inspector like dominators normally do?.. I dunno about you guys but there's a lot of inconsistency that's bothering me in this season.

The first few points can sort of be explained that everyone is in this society is stupid and unable to use their brain.
Oct 30, 2014 11:30 AM

Jan 2014
robis798 said:
skudoops said:

The first few points can sort of be explained that everyone is in this society is stupid and unable to use their brain.

I am pretty sure that was the message from the first Psycho Pass also XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2014 11:32 AM
Aug 2012
skudoops said:

In my opinion, the society mentality don't work the same way as our society, being used to Sibly System, they no longer have the mentality to fight back.
They are also afraid of having their Hue clouded, hence they were afraid to fight back.
Well don't expect society in Psycho Pass works the same way as our society.

The inspector was dumb though, i have to agree :P

Maybe because they never expect an inspector to have such high hue? This is probably the first case. Needless to say, what the hell is Sibly doing?
Oct 30, 2014 11:34 AM

Dec 2013
AwesomeDudex3 said:
robis798 said:

I am pretty sure that was the message from the first Psycho Pass also XD

I guess this is the only problem I can see so far, that it shows and deals with the same problems aka the dependency on the Sybil system as the first season.
Oct 30, 2014 11:36 AM

Jun 2014
Holy shit. They took the 'numbers don't lie' saying too serious.
Oct 30, 2014 11:36 AM

Oct 2013
robis798 said:
skudoops said:

I must agree on both counts. This season even though beautifully gruesome has in fact had and does have inconsistency to it. Also as robis stated, we already know how little characters in this show use their brains. I'm referring to s1 where akane tried using her dominator on makishima.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Oct 30, 2014 11:40 AM
Oct 2010
robis798 said:
skudoops said:

I want to believe that, but even with the way these people are plain old survival instincts should have kicked in, in some form. For that one dude who got stomped to death it did, but everyone else just stood there and took it.. I found that to be crazy, even for this world. At least in the first season when this shit went down people thought it was a show and couldn't grasp what was happening in front of them because they did not feel endangered. This though...

BakaNiiNii said:

In my opinion, the society mentality don't work the same way as our society, being used to Sibly System, they no longer have the mentality to fight back.
They are also afraid of having their Hue clouded, hence they were afraid to fight back.
Well don't expect society in Psycho Pass works the same way as our society.

The inspector was dumb though, i have to agree :P

Maybe because they never expect an inspector to have such high hue? This is probably the first case. Needless to say, what the hell is Sibly doing?

But your hue gets clouded based on stress, nothing more and nothing less, the cause or emotion that causes it doesn't matter, so not fighting back to keep a clear hue makes no sense to me, the fact they are so scared is going to raise it regardless of if they fought back or not. Of all things, they should know this, hue management is drilled into their heads 24/7.
Oct 30, 2014 11:41 AM

Feb 2014
robis798 said:
I guess this is the only problem I can see so far, that it shows and deals with the same problems aka the dependency on the Sybil system as the first season.

That's because a sequel isn't needed at all. They're only doing it for the money. Needless killing scenes are okay since its written by Urobochi, it is their own fanservice. You can even laugh because there are "serious" animators doing this kind of thing.
Oct 30, 2014 11:41 AM

Nov 2007
[UBUKATA INTENSIFIES]

Though actually this episode felt kind of hamfisted and very Urobuchi in its delivery throughout the first 2/3rds. I'd like to know how much he worked on each individual episode vs. Ubukata and the other guy that helps write the script.

Overall I'm much more pleased with Ubukata's work and delivery. I hope it continues and that the Urobuchi infodumps don't kick in later on. So far this season is much better and is making up for the disaster that was S1.

ANYWAY

Edit:
surfboard_ said:
Needless killing scenes are okay since its written by Urobochi

It's not written by Urobuchi.
Oct 30, 2014 11:42 AM

Dec 2013
7thVoid said:
robis798 said:

I must agree on both counts. This season even though beautifully gruesome has in fact had and does have inconsistency to it. Also as robis stated, we already know how little characters in this show use their brains. I'm referring to s1 where akane tried using her dominator on makishima.

I agree that we actually saw the same thing in s1, just differently. But it's still intense. :D
Oct 30, 2014 11:42 AM

Oct 2009
surfboard_ said:
robis798 said:

That's because a sequel isn't needed at all. They're only doing it for the money. Needless killing scenes are okay since its written by Urobochi, it is their own fanservice. You can even laugh because there are "serious" animators doing this kind of thing.

Season 2 isn't written by Urobochi, it's by Ubukata (Mardock, GitS Arise).
Oct 30, 2014 11:43 AM

Dec 2013
surfboard_ said:
robis798 said:

But the ending of s1 wasn't the most conclusive ending. Felt unfinished to me, so season 2 was almost necessary to me.
Oct 30, 2014 11:44 AM
Oct 2010
Also the animation when that first dude attacked the old man was really bad, like hilariously bad.. I laughed at that part because of how funny it looked.
Oct 30, 2014 11:44 AM

Nov 2013
skudoops said:

They've all been conditioned since birth into this line of thinking. They're simply not capable of violence without the overwhelming worry of their hue changing. Resorting to violence in this society is essentially suicide. By fighting back, their crime coefficient will completely sky rocket and they'll be viable for execution via dominator. So they've got two options. Don't fight back, hope he doesn't kill you. Or fight back and most likely get executed or killed by the guy. No win situation, it wasn't stupid, just a product of the society they live in.

Maybe she thought that he wasn't viable for judgement initially because he wasn't aggressing past a simple lapse in control. Not full blown violence, just a short loss of temper. But after going crazy with that beatdown she might have assumed his crime coefficient would have rocketed. She may have resorted to it the second time because iirc the lights went out and that was the nearest thing she could see.

Didn't they say the sniper was brand new? Might not be fully kitted out with all the tech yet. "Looks like it went extremely well" suggests that it was a first time or very early use of it.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Oct 30, 2014 11:46 AM
Jul 2014
I'm on kamui's side, clearly the sibyl system is garbage and if he's the one to take it down that would be great. I'm still confused as to why Tsunemori works like a dog under it even after knowing the truth in season 1.
number35Oct 30, 2014 2:35 PM
Oct 30, 2014 11:49 AM

Sep 2014
Omg, wtf??? Aoyanagi....>_<

And seriously, how can you squish someone's skull by simply stomping on it? It was like that guy's skull was a grapefruit or something.
Oct 30, 2014 11:49 AM

Oct 2013
vrist said:
I'm on kamui's side, clearly the sibyl system is garbage and if he's the one to take it down that would be great. I'm still confused as to why Tsunemori works under it like a dog even after knowing the truth in season 1.

She does so with the knowledge of how it actually works for the time being while she figures out a way to end the obscenity that is sibyl.
SaveTheAralSea said:
Omg, wtf??? Aoyanagi....>_<

And seriously, how can you squish someone's skull by simply stomping on it? It was like that guy's skull was a grapefruit or something.

This is the problem I have with the walking dead.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

Oct 30, 2014 11:53 AM

Oct 2013
robis798 said:
7thVoid said:

I agree that we actually saw the same thing in s1, just differently. But it's still intense. :D

Yes. It's still every bit as intense as s1, maybe even more so. Still, the mediocrity of these characters idiocy seems more widespread this season.

Edit: Sorry for the double post.

Oct 30, 2014 11:57 AM

Feb 2014
astro said:
[UBUKATA INTENSIFIES]

Though actually this episode felt kind of hamfisted and very Urobuchi in its delivery throughout the first 2/3rds. I'd like to know how much he worked on each individual episode vs. Ubukata and the other guy that helps write the script.

Overall I'm much more pleased with Ubukata's work and delivery. I hope it continues and that the Urobuchi infodumps don't kick in later on. So far this season is much better and is making up for the disaster that was S1.

ANYWAY

Edit:
surfboard_ said:
Needless killing scenes are okay since its written by Urobochi

It's not written by Urobuchi.

That's right, he only wrote the first season. Still, both involved in the creation process, I doubt he didn't do anything related to the creation process for S2, not that it matters.
What do you mean by infodump?

robis798 said:
surfboard_ said:

But the ending of s1 wasn't the most conclusive ending. Felt unfinished to me, so season 2 was almost necessary to me.

What would be the most conclusive ending for you? S1 ended in the way it should be and any sequel isn't needed in the end, we all know that Sibyl system is open to failures and that the animators are demonstrating it in lazy ways.
Oct 30, 2014 11:59 AM

Apr 2012
Shimotsuki: "Chief Kasei pulled me off? Why?"

Me: (Shouting at the screen) "BECAUSE YOU SUCK AT YOUR JOB!"
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2014

442 by KiotoWave »»
Jun 20, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Riri- - Dec 18, 2014

641 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 7, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

264 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 7, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

336 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 7, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2014

354 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 7, 4:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.