Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 5, 2014 12:33 PM

Oct 2014
Very good episode, we got to know the total amount of teigus, Esdeaths past and Ministers son.

When Esdeath said the strong prevail, the weak perish reminded me of Makoto Shishio.

Oct 5, 2014 12:35 PM

Nov 2013
-Klad- said:
Tatsumui's such a bitch, how can he refuse Esdeath like that? :o If it was me I'd wish that exit would never open lel.

I feel bad for Esdeath though, she's trying the best for this prick called Tatsumi.

Because he actually has human morals *GAAAASP*
Oct 5, 2014 12:36 PM

Apr 2014
On the preview for the Next episodes..
Was those Swimsuit fanservice thing also in the manga?

I can't recall.
Also Chelsea=Bikini? F***

Oct 5, 2014 1:01 PM

Sep 2011
God damn tatsumi.....sigh~ Well, interesting episode beside the 75% fanservice rom com ep(which i did like). Esdeath past is well normal for her type of character but still not enough for her to turn psycho for me. Next ep, oh god yes~
Oct 5, 2014 1:19 PM
Dec 2012
Esdeath is so cute. D:
Oct 5, 2014 1:26 PM

Jun 2014
The online short on the Toho Animation channel made it even better.
Oct 5, 2014 1:35 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
To get your firsto kiss from the Empire's strongest must be quite memorable.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 5, 2014 1:38 PM

Jun 2014
Awww! yes!
Oct 5, 2014 1:39 PM

Mar 2009
I have to admit, when the show 1st introduced Esdeath I cringed because I hate those annoying antagonists that are so obsessed with the MC they eventually fall for him and all that crap. However, I can't deny that she's a complex well made character.

The minister's son is an a-hole, his face looks like that of scar from FMA. I hope Esdeath or akame kill him. We need to see more Akame action =/

Lulu ❤ | My MALoween Candy
Oct 5, 2014 1:58 PM

Sep 2012
I want esdeath to be my waifu :3
Oct 5, 2014 2:10 PM

Nov 2012
So we finally met Scar, I mean, Syura.

And we got some fights, backstories, and on top of it, fanservice. What else could you ask?

5/5
Oct 5, 2014 2:11 PM

Aug 2010
Loved this ep. Great stuff.

Been waiting to see it animated and didn't disappoint. Esdeath's cuteness and hotness was adapted perfectly :3

Dem blushes <3 Loved her expressions when she was hugging Tatsumi<3<3
And her backstory was pretty nicely done too ^^

Sad she's left alone by Tatsumi again :(
Oct 5, 2014 2:12 PM

Sep 2013
Oh thank you fate, Lubbock didnt die and my worries were for nothing!!
Oct 5, 2014 2:13 PM

Sep 2011
Somehow, I found their fate(Being enemies in the end) sad.

Oct 5, 2014 2:25 PM

Jul 2012
Well, Tatsumi meets up with Esdeath again. o-o
Woot.

Anyways, they get transported to an island by some Imperial Arm the Emperor Son had....or something, and they were the only 2 on that island...
So....what does that mean?
MAKE OUT TIME--

*Cough* I mean....they survived a day on the island.....and now we know a bit about Esdeath's past....
Yeah...it's too bad Tatsumi can't convince Esdeath to join Night Raid now....it is impossible. xD

And at the end, they were "separated" yet again.....I felt kind of bad for Esdeath. :(
Oct 5, 2014 2:28 PM

Jun 2014
-Klad- said:
Tatsumui's such a bitch, how can he refuse Esdeath like that? :o If it was me I'd wish that exit would never open lel.

I feel bad for Esdeath though, she's trying the best for this prick called Tatsumi.

Maybe because she's a psychopath and was the cause of Bullat's death.
Previously: BlueXRam
Oct 5, 2014 2:32 PM
Aug 2014
What were the odds that Tatsumi was going to end up on a deserted island with Esdeath for a whole episode? Love it.

Esdeath is amazing, regardless of how evil she can be.

My list. | Eggroll is the greatest ty :)
Oct 5, 2014 2:34 PM

Aug 2014
Even episodes where the story barely moves are interesting. Finally, the hype is covered by feats. Esdeath is pretty strong, Tatsumi seems insignificant next to her, it's clear she'll be the dominant one in a relationship.

Can't believe Esdeath's father, it's all his fault she grew up with this mindset. "Your mother died because she was weak", lol, seriously? And he says the same for him when he dies, just wow.

The scene with Esdeath's "initiation" was very cool, love how she proved to be the stronger one, yet again. And the dual-spotlight of the impossible love at the end? Priceless.

4/5.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Oct 5, 2014 2:48 PM
Jul 2013
Tatsumi talking shit boy you cant do nuthin

esdeath will beat yo ass if you fk with her
Oct 5, 2014 2:53 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
NeutralSide said:
On the preview for the Next episodes..
Was those Swimsuit fanservice thing also in the manga?

I can't recall.
Also Chelsea=Bikini? F***
Yup it was in the manga
Oct 5, 2014 3:13 PM

Sep 2013
Nice episode, was awesome to get some more backstory on Esdeath and her imperial arms.

And now, we wait for episode 15, kill the fanservce

Oct 5, 2014 3:15 PM

Dec 2011
We didn't get the new opening yet... but it was nice to see this part animated. Love that we got to see Esdeath's past and the story of her Demon Extract teigu.

We are finally entering the religious organization arc. This is where we will get to see more epic battles. Looking forward to it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2014 3:25 PM

Aug 2014
Well. Ok ep.
The manga feels more serious though.

Xway101 ~By me~
Oct 5, 2014 3:37 PM
Oct 2013
At first i thought that her Melons were to big.. gotta say that now that i got a look, Esdeath is quite smoking hot~

Great episode! i was glad to see Esdeath's back story, and im kinda sorry for her one sided love.. she looked really cute all of the sudden.. o well, seems like its time to have another main villain! that son of the minister got my interest tho...

Cant wait for the next episode :3
Oct 5, 2014 3:45 PM

Sep 2014
-Klad- said:

How does that make him an idiot? not going with a psychotic bitch makes him a idiot makes sense

anyways I think that made him better if I were him i'd make the same decision.
Oct 5, 2014 3:59 PM

Aug 2013
Episode totally focused on Tatsumi and Esdeath, showed how Esdeath is really crazy, even then continues cute, but still not my favorite girl
Now I already imagine until that arc of the manga the anime will cover ..
Oct 5, 2014 4:39 PM
Apr 2013
Not my favorite episode, but we got to see Esdeath's background and we saw that she can draw better than me
Oct 5, 2014 4:52 PM

Dec 2013
If I was tatsumi I would joing the dark side for Esdeath any day.
Anyway good episode was interesting to learn about her past. My god she is batcrap crazy.

Whats my age again? WHERE IS MY ASIAN FRIEND!!!!!!!
Oct 5, 2014 4:57 PM

Jan 2014
And what did we learn from Esedeath's past? Correct, she looked better with smaller breasts, that weren't ridiculously oversized and each breast being bigger than her entire head. As things look atm, Night Raid just has to lay low for a while and wait for Esdeath to be weakened by backpain from carrying those huge meat lumps around.
Oct 5, 2014 5:28 PM

Dec 2012
Finally get to see what Shura looks like.
Esdeath showing off some cool abilities with her ice against those Danger Beasts.
Nice to know her past and how she got her teigu, Demon Extract.
They have separated again but will meet again as enemies.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Oct 5, 2014 5:30 PM

Jul 2013
Esdeath took the spotlight in this episode, so funny, and yet so menacing. Trying to get close to Tatsumi but backfired at the end there.

And a backstory for Esdeath is a win win. It makes me like her character even more. Felt bad that her story was pretty sad tbh.

Oct 5, 2014 5:49 PM

Jan 2011
Tatsumi gets beach time with both Esdeah and the Night Raid girls. He sure is lucky.

Also, it's nice to see that Tatsumi is capable of learning. Liike, better not move because its only invisibility, not totally hiding the presence. Also nice that Esdeath did not notice him. Not only is it a convenient way for him to escape, it simply makes sense. I feared for a bit she might notice him because she noticed the other guy before, but he was moving etc., Tatsumi was neither in sight, nor did he move and make noise, and a humans sense of smell or vibrations isn't that acute.

Also interesting that she didn't notice that he carries an imperial arms with him. Guess they are more or less indistinguishable from regular objects, until you actually try to use them. Still, unless he fights her next time they see each other anyways, he should try to hide it, there is always the possbility that she either recognizes the looks, or simply examines it out of interest for Tatsumi. Like "nice sword you have there..looks almost like an imperial arms i heard off.."
Oct 5, 2014 6:08 PM

Jan 2014
Esdeath background. Pretty much as expected.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Oct 5, 2014 6:40 PM

Oct 2013
Yup this solidifies the argument that Esdeath is a babe.
Oct 5, 2014 6:56 PM

Jun 2008
No wonder she's so obsessed with the strong and weak thing. It was drilled into her head since she was a child as the truth of the world. That's a big brainwash right there.
Ironically the fact that she can't overcome what was drilled into her head and discover her own truth can be called a weakness. Maybe she isn't as strong willed as she thinks.
Why though does she find the capital to be strong? Without her they are the weak actually. So she is the one making the difference.
Oct 5, 2014 7:12 PM

Jun 2014
well i do like Esdeath's cute side and some of the other but not all of it thou... some say Esdeath is rotten or insane... well i do agree that she have some bad side to her, but she isnt insane or rotten, her problem is she lacks compassion... she never learned it, as her dad said she lacks something but he dint know what it was. Because of the life style they had and the view they had only the strongest survaive and the weak loose, even said that among them self if someone died. That did he coudent tell it was that she was lacking or even directly see it as a bad thing..
Combine that with the view they had of the weak and strong she learned ( i think also her lack of compassion came from that to, that the clans view in generel woud make the generations less and less compasionate) and do what you must to win and survaive, did she have no problem killing people no matter if they men or children.

Her desire/liking for torture and so also springs from her lack of compassion, and the way she grew up.. its proberly one of the things she can feel anything, giving pain to others, proberly at first was just a mean to get information.

When Tatsumi say he realise she cant be changes her i think he is wrong... i actually think he is the only one that woud have a chance of changing her... becauce if he accepted her love and loved her back/gave her love... he might be able to start reach that one part in her that is innocent still and true that slowly teach her compassion, while she learned what love is also basicly teaching her love and compassion... Problem is he's fear of her cloud he's mind and also he dont realise what it is she lack and cant see how he coud teach her as the only one.

And yes i said she had something innocent in her and she does, her love ....why she looks both cute but also is so difrent when she express that compared to when she is in battle or just in generel.. because its something she dont know something she never truly exsperienced something she first, proberly first out of lonelyness got interested in also shown in the list she made what he needed to be like... and basicly at first want one she can be with and mold, and why she falls for him becuase she looks for someone else she proberly woudent had.. but then she truly falls in love when she meets Tatsumi ... and exsperience something new and something that is innocent in her and pure, her love.. something she never exspressed befor or exsperienced, becuase its so faar from her lack of compassion.

Why i like her cute part because its pure and innocent.. and why i wont say she is insane she is not.. she just lack something she never learned... compassion... something her tribe/clan never valued or coud see as importan... and why i say Tatsumi is wrong, when he think she cant be redeemed/turned to the good site.. especially since he is the only one that actually has the chance of doing so, he just screwed up even more, because he dont realise what she lacks and how he has the only opening of teaching her that.

So sadly Esdeath has to die because she do alot of evil things becuase of her lack of compassion... sadly because she's so damn cute when she express her loving side.

well thats my thought on the subject of today's episode and well people saying she is insane/rotten.. i know some might agree some wont.
TharnokOct 5, 2014 7:15 PM
Oct 5, 2014 7:48 PM

Jun 2014
God I hate Esdeath and I hope that this romance never gets going between Tatsumi and her.

Pair that biatch up with the minister's son, cuz he is more her type!

Good episode though and more of her backstory!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Oct 5, 2014 7:57 PM

Mar 2012
Nice, we got some backstory from Esdeath. That pretty much summed up how she became how she is now.

Incursio is pretty handy in many ways; great usage by Tatsumi at the end.
Oct 5, 2014 8:15 PM

Jan 2011
grave_robber said:
I have to admit, when the show 1st introduced Esdeath I cringed because I hate those annoying antagonists that are so obsessed with the MC they eventually fall for him and all that crap. However, I can't deny that she's a complex well made character.
How is evil for the lols a complex character?
Oct 5, 2014 8:26 PM

Jul 2013
More screentime for Esdeath.. well I'm prepared for future stuff. They may want the viewers to warm up to her only to fuck with them in the future since Esdeath is an enemy. She may be killed or worse, kill one of the night raids.
Oct 5, 2014 9:01 PM

Aug 2008
We get to learn about Esdeath past but we've been getting too many calm episode lately. Seriously, this shows need to tone down it fanservice. Hopefully,the fanservice is minimum next week episode.
ZapredonOct 5, 2014 9:15 PM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Oct 5, 2014 9:06 PM

Feb 2010
CeissaDesiste said:
God I hate Esdeath and I hope that this romance never gets going between Tatsumi and her.

Umm pretty sure that's illegal and against the non-existent laws of shipping.
Punishable by death penalty.
Oct 5, 2014 10:21 PM

Jan 2011
I absolutely loved this part in the manga and White Fox didn't disappoint. :D Esdeath and Tatsumi being on the island together was just so great. Esdeath's ice powers are just so cool (haha, get it? :P) Esdeath's past sure is pretty messed up. Esdeath is basically missing a sense of morality and just goes with the 'the weak are eliminated' mindset. It was funny to see that they also kept the dating sim 'selection' bit, loved that. xD Now, we finally see the biggest a-hole in this series, Syura, reveal himself fully. Overall fantastic episode, personally one of my favourites.
5/5
Oct 5, 2014 10:29 PM
Jul 2018
CeissaDesiste said:

Oh yeah they're meant for each other, they could have dates where they destroy entire villages and rape and pillage everyone they see. At least then her love for someone would be believable.
Oct 5, 2014 10:35 PM
Dec 2011
It would be hot if Esdeth was a man and a top while Tatsumi is bottom. Tatsumi will get whipped and have a really hot sex.
Oct 5, 2014 11:06 PM

Feb 2014

Great episode! Esdeath is so great. Just a sadistic-lovable lady.

And she fucked up those danger beasts. I almost feel bad for them, they didn't even stand a chance.

Also we got a preview of Syura's character, the guy is the definition of a scumbag. You know you got problems when you beat a girl, especially after you just had sex with her.
Oct 5, 2014 11:16 PM

Aug 2012
Esdeath best girl
Oct 5, 2014 11:21 PM

Feb 2014
Fiji said:
We didn't get the new opening yet... but it was nice to see this part animated. Love that we got to see Esdeath's past and the story of her Demon Extract teigu.

We are finally entering the religious organization arc. This is where we will get to see more epic battles. Looking forward to it.

Definitely! This is probably the best arc in AgK. A lot of stuff happens in this arc.... And judging by the pace they're going, chapter 33 should be animated at episode 17 or episode 18. I'm not looking forward to that at all :(
Oct 5, 2014 11:34 PM

Jan 2014
too bad this shipping was really a good one, but I smell a tragedy up ahead...and their relationship that started into a rather quite good, will turn into a bitter one...

please don't open the spoiler button bellow if you'll come by my profile page and trash talk me..like the one i reported to an admin...well if you're curious feel free to open it...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Oct 5, 2014 11:47 PM

Mar 2013
I came to really like Esdeath. What a woman.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2014

332 by ImNotAdrian »»
Oct 18, 1:32 AM

» What displeased you so much? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jul 6

54 by dannymilk »»
Oct 17, 2:06 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2014

1217 by kyota521306 »»
Oct 14, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1370 by menacce »»
Oct 6, 9:12 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2014

581 by menacce »»
Oct 5, 2:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.