Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Sep 30, 2014 7:19 PM

Nov 2010
The Artwork/Layout/Soundtrack and Character Designs were really well done, however the execution as well as the story was very lacking.

The end result I would assume was that Kakeru no longer had that feeling of sudden loneliness and decide to move back into his home because he was starting to feel more "at home" considering he did not prior as he was countless moving with his mother.

5/10
Sep 30, 2014 8:54 PM

Jun 2012
First of all, it's pretty. Really pretty. But when it comes to the rest... meh. To me, it was neither good nor bad. 5/10, was disappointed with it.
Oct 1, 2014 9:12 AM

Oct 2009
bastek66 said:
THAT WAS FUCKING NOTHING
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me
Oct 1, 2014 10:06 AM

Dec 2013
Man, I can't believe I actually finished this series. To be honest I think I probably should have just dropped this show but I decided to torture myself because...reasons? Anyway 3/10 I hate this show and will never re-watch it but I will tell some of my friends to watch it so I can watch them suffer.
Oct 1, 2014 10:22 AM

Nov 2008
That was too f*cking boring. It was painful. I want those six hours of my life back.

I notice everyone is complimenting the artwork but am I the only one who thought the character designs were BLAND?

dunsparcedude said:
Yeah guys, you just don't get it, this is the Evangelion of SoL.

No, don't insult Evangelion like that.
ChiibiOct 1, 2014 10:30 AM

Oct 1, 2014 11:11 AM
Oct 2012
It had such great potential. Only the whole thing of dreamy time-travel and utterly flat character development bombed the show. Oh right and the plot which was non-existing.

Seriously, the writer had no clue what he was doing. There was this sense of a horrific-fascinating-magic at work for the first episodes. I was curious at first, but then boom, THE END. Might as well watch the first episode and the last because the whole thing combined made absolutely no sense whatsoever. And please, this is some really shoddy attempt to use a poetic license. It's the same feeling when you look at some sh*tty modern-art piece where you can tell that the artist has no skill yet tries desperately to market the piece as being "deep" and "thoughtful". Trust me, there are other avant garde anime out there that knows how to entertain you better than this one.

Verdict: 1/10
Oct 1, 2014 11:24 AM

Feb 2013
So... Why did we watch 13 episodes of this again?
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Oct 1, 2014 2:25 PM
Apr 2013
well the only funny about this was they all loved somone else

otherwise much of it didnt make sense
Oct 1, 2014 3:10 PM

Oct 2012
Im sort of in tears right now because I dont know waht to feel from this anime. closure or more frustration

it looks like Touko's mother was like touko now she could see fragments just like touko but when she settled down with touko's father she stopped seeing them. Which means it looks like the fragments or something you are looking searching for and once you find what you find you no longer see them which is why the mother said "used to see them."

the reason why kakeru couldntsee the fragments anymore because he found what he was looking for in tokuo at least thats waht i think

as for touko she was looking for Kakeru. I guess thats puberty/ companionship for you PA Style. again speculation

but im still bitter on the ending. Did kakeru end up with his mom or did he stay around? the tent is gone but touko turns around. can she hear his voice no matter where he is? what was that blue fragment on the ground in the end

Does jonanthan represent kakeru. an adventurer? different from the other roosters?

I hope the manga/ light novel gets translated and released one day. cuz i would like to read more about this series. I personally didnt hate it it just frustrated me more :3 forces you to think I guess. Anyone else with that actually liked this anime and thought on a deeper meaning?
Oct 1, 2014 3:12 PM

Oct 2012
rodac said:
So in the end the only clear resolution that is shown is Hiro and Sachi, who are definitely shown as a couple (I'm not going to count Hiro's sister and her off-screen boyfriend). It's strongly hinted that Yuki and Yanagi are together, based on the reaction of the swim club as they run past and Hina's knowing smile--but it's not shown. As for Kakeru, the patch on the lawn where his tent used to stand suggests that he is off on tour with his mother although it is implied that he'll be back to watch the winter fireworks with Touko. I can tolerate ambiguous endings, but even for me there was just too much left hanging to be totally satisfied. It was pretty, the OST was marvelous, and if you worked really hard at it the ideas behind it were pretty engaging--but I wanted more closure damn it. (Later Edit: I didn't want to have to spend an hour going over it in my head to finally process and understand it--is probably what I meant.)

I think one of the keys to this episode were the conversations between Touko's parents, and also between Touko and her mother. We have the exchange about how her father proposed during the meteor shower, and soon after we're shown all three couples watching the meteor shower in separate locations. Touko's mother also talks about the "fragments of the future" and acknowledges that Touko is an adult (as does Kakeru's father to him in another conversation). The way her family left Touko in the care of Kakeru's also looked pretty much like a symbolic acknowledgement of their relationship ("Please take care of our daughter..." although not directly said was pretty much implied).

Back in the first episode we were given the foreshadowing that this would be the last summer that the original five friends would be together. That was true, as by the end of the summer things have changed forever--Hiro and Sachi go back to school as a couple, Yuki goes back alone as Yanagi rides the train to her modeling career, and Touko too is alone with her thoughts of Kakeru--the stranger who played a pivotal role in disrupting the comfortable world of childhood and moving them forward into adult relationships. This really was a slice of life, not in the sense we usually think of--cute girls doing cute things in a meaningless club after school--but in the sense of showing fragments of an important transition between two stages of their lives. It wasn't an easy show and it required a lot more effort than we normally have to expend to understand, but I think it was rewarding in the end.

QQ glad someone thought on a deeper lvl l ike me T_T im so happy there are people out there who just dont hate something based on not able to understand something T_T hugs*
Oct 1, 2014 3:26 PM

Oct 2012
realtalk2016 said:
soulelle said:
My goodness, people, I don't understand what is so complicated about this show that everyone has troubles comprehending. Everything's very, VERY simple.

There are two main characters in this show, around who evolves the main theme of the show: feeling oneself at home.

Jonathan is not a mere chicken! Learn your director already! Nishimura Junji uses chickens all the time in his shows! This is his freaking trope! Go watch True Tears if you don't believe me. It also has snow and chickens. As for Glasslip, most of the times Jonathan represents Kakeru himself. To be more precise it represents the problems that Kakeru struggles with.

Remember the 1st episode? The scene where Kakeru meets Touko at school for the first time? The dialogue about free-range Jonathan vs living in a cell? Have you all forgotten about it? If yes, it's now the best time to recall it! Kakeru, having no particular place where he feels at home, is the one who DOESN'T like the concept of free-range animals. Kakeru shows Touko how dangerous a life for Jonathan is if it's up to go around wherever it wants. Kakeru is the one who says that he'd rather live in a cell - he's tired to change his place of living all the time. He wants his home to be set in stone like a cell for an animal.

Why the heck do you think Kakeru lives in the tent? Have you ever even tried to think about it? It's so freaking simple - because he changes houses all the time, because his family always moves from one city to another! So the only CONSTANT place for him where he can sleep and feel himself home is his freaking tent! This IS his cell that always stay the same, regardless where he is located geographically.

Do you understand why there's always such an accent on the sea birds crying in the show? They DO as well represent Kakeru - they keep changing their home from season to season. They spend winter in one area and then move back to another area for summer. This is what brings Kakeru troubles and loneliness. This is what Touko felt and got scared of - Kakeru will "fly away to another place once the season changes", e.g. when it gets too cold.

So Kakeru now faces a challenge. He has two options. Option 1 - he keeps "flying" with his mum, losing Touko, experiencing the loneliness he's so tired of. Option 2 - he settles down to stay with Touko who makes him feel home here. But option 2 is also scary, because then he's losing connection to his mother and has to actually start living his own life. Kakeru is obviously scared of this heavy responsibility - once he decides to stay, he won't be able to quit if something goes wrong by moving to another place. So he's frustrated in choosing between the two options.

And believe it or not, Touko is no less scared. Having lived in this one city for so long, she's scared that her friends will leave and they will no longer meet to watch the fireworks together. Again, THIS is what the show has started with in the first episode! She wants the people dear to her to remain close and connected to each other. And what's more, she's now even more scared to lose the one who she fell in love with. Because unlike the chicken Jonathan, who can't fly despite being a bird, Kakeru can actually fly away if he decides to go with his mother.

Because of their love, because of their fears, and because of their sensitive nature, Touko and Kakeru experience and share their emotions through imagination, otherwise known as "fragments of the future". It has nothing to do with alternate worlds, fates, other dimensiona, timelines, or other bullshit - it's just their vivid imagination. They learn about each other and about each other's feelings and emotions this way.
And THIS is what this show is about. Everything that happens around them is just a romantic slice of life setting that drives this dramatic world. People meet, fall in love, some have their feelings unrequited, some have to fight for and win their love, etc. The actual drama is however between the two main characters - will they stay together or not, will Kakeru find his home with Touko or will he leave till better times, will Touko find the way to see the fireworks all together or not? These are the questions raised by the anime.

^ From episode 12 discussion

That interpretation of this entire series, I think, is spot on. After thinking about it for a bit, the explanation made sense. However, I think the inept storytelling completely rekt any chances of this anime appealing to the general MAL mass. So for me, with said quote in mind, I enjoyed the ending.

bumped up to a 5/10

cheers*
Oct 1, 2014 3:29 PM

Oct 2012
y123y said:
Remember the 1st season of Little Busters? Everyone was complaining about how slow and boring that 1st season was. And then Refrain was released, and it became amazing.

Maybe....just maybe.... Glasslip will have a second season and it will be as amazing as Little Busters Refrain...

No....yes....maybe.....

yes but Little busters was adapted from a VN game. Glasslip is pure original. God i would want a 2nd season or OVA that clears up some loose ends like Kakeru growing balls and settling down with Touko >.<
Oct 1, 2014 3:41 PM

Oct 2012
zensunni said:
fezzy_2004 said:
well ...... this series was just OK ...i really don't like the ending that much i assume he stayed . but his tent is gone ...so he is there but not ???? wth I don't think there would be much hate for this show if they were just straight foward about and not trying to "spice it up" like just go with a straight forward ending since you have been hazy story teller at best............ Jesus

7/10 the 7 being for artwork and lovely music

The other interpretation of the missing tent is that the renovations to his room, which his father was apologizing about in the early episodes, are finally done. It can be viewed both ways. The missing tent could mean that he has vanished from Touko's world, or that Touko has pulled him into hers.

And that, in my opinion, is the theme of the entire series. Life is not deterministic, everything is open to interpretation, and the future is what you want to make it, not something that you are being driven towards with no brakes or steering.

The series began to crystallize for me at the kiss scene. It is what Kakeru said when he kissed her, "I'll make it a fragment of the future" or something like that. Basically, they were unsure at that point if the audiovisual experiences they were experiencing were the future, but Kakeru decided to make that one be the future by kissing her.

The real meat of the series is the wonderfully bizarre 12th episode. This is where Touko became certain that what she was experiencing was not visions of the future. In the final episode, Kakeru put it together and figured out what it was: the power of their personal desire/longing.

In episode 12, Touko's firm desire was to understand Kakeru and his "sudden, expected loneliness". Using the music, which was Kakeru's trigger, even though he had lost the ability, and the sparkling glass that was hers, she constructed a massively complex vision of a world which allowed her to understand, personally and deeply, how Kakeru felt and what might lead him to want to take his mother's offer to leave and avoid the potential for that loneliness to return.

In addition, it embodied her desire for Kakeru to stay in town and become a part of their group of friends. It took place in winter, which would be close to graduation. It also involved fireworks, which is where thy met. It was an image produced by her desire for him to still be there with her to finish school and beyond.

Finding out that her mother shared this ability when she was younger was a major revelation. There had been hints that she understood what was going on, but this confirmation was pivotal for Touko to understand her ability.

So, what about the ending? Did Kakeru leave with his mother or stay with Touko to allow their new found love to grow? Did he give in to his fear or did he grow and become courageous enough to risk losing instead of giving up?

That is left entirely up to interpretation. My take on it is this:

That is entirely up to Touko's desire!

The reason Kakeru stopped hearing (and seeing when he was with Touko) the fragments of desire, for lack of a better term, is that his fragments lead him to what he desired: someone who will stay with him, love him, and prevent him from being lonely. All he had to do was trust that it was true and stay with her.

Touko was still having the visions at the end. I believe that indicates that her desires were still creating the future she wanted. I think that the ending, (Kakeru's tent missing; Touko obviously dressed up for a date and telling the unseen other that they are late; and walking to school, seeing the sparkles, hearing Kakeru's voice call out to her, and turning toward his voice) indicates that it is her desire that he stay, and therefore he did. However, it could be interpreted the other way and that the final illusion of his voice is the echo of her unfulfilled desire.

I choose the happy ending version.

Obviously, I enjoyed the series more than the vast majority of people. I will most likely re-watch it in the very near future, because I know that I will pick up more by watching it again. (I have re-watched individual episodes and noticed things I missed already...) The series was conceptual art, designed to be deliberately vague and open to interpretation. That doesn't seem to be something that a lot of people like, but many artists go unappreciated in their lifetime. I think that this was an extremely well made and thought provoking show. (8/10 - 10/10 for art and soundtrack. That could go up after I re-watch it.)

cheers*

instead of hate comment we get explanations.

but seriously kakeru needs to stop being a mommas boy. He has a place with Touko now.

ill cross fingers for an OVA or something but i wont feel bad if this is it. I hope the manga and LN become a success and are translated.
Oct 1, 2014 6:41 PM
Jan 2014
Ongaku008 said:
Please tell me the subs were all this time wrong and that's why this anime didn't make a lot of sense. My brain feels numb after watching this.

I went through about 13 pages in this thread and noticed that for the most part people were as confused as I was with this anime. It's hard to believe that an anime that looks and sounds this good has such a crappy plot line. I was wondering myself if anyone else thought the same and maybe the subs got it wrong and we missed so much because of it.
Oct 1, 2014 10:42 PM
Mar 2014
That anime was a complete waste of time to watch. Not only was it confusing and made no sense but it also didn't have a plot. I knew Kakeru-kun was gonna end up leaving, a very cliche and predictable ending. Save yourselves from wasting your life if you haven't watched this series yet. 1/10
Fav Anime - Toradora, Evangelion, Clannad, Kanon, Attack on Titan and Nagi no Asukara
Oct 2, 2014 6:18 AM

Feb 2010
What the fuck happened after the meteor shower?
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Oct 2, 2014 11:58 AM
Nov 2013
Nothing makes sense in this show.
everything is very stupid i don't understand anything.
I've wasted my time.
Oct 2, 2014 12:47 PM

Oct 2012
bloodymeadow said:
Nothing makes sense in this show.
everything is very stupid i don't understand anything.
I've wasted my time.

thanks for stopping by so say that rofl.
Oct 2, 2014 8:35 PM

Jun 2014
I'm just extremely disappointed in the fact that...nothing happened ._. I mean, I was expecting a lot of wrap up stuff, or maybe hints as to what could be happening in the characters' future, but nooo...just left with no idea what happened.
Didn't love this anime, not very interesting characters and not much character development either. It had the potential to be really interesting but there wasn't really a climax, nothing was explained and no goal or anything was achieved. I thought it would be something like Nagi no Asukara, but it's not nearly as good unfortunately.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2014 12:14 AM

Apr 2011
Wow, people actually defending this crap? I mean, even at factual level, this piece of abomination failed so much. Just take a look at the figgin' stills which flocked upon this show like an ebola. Well, I'm not against stills, but I'm against it being used for far too much, thus eliminating any sense of importance of a scene.

Second; Well, you can say BGM is nice and bla-blablablablah..., but it still doesn't eliminate the awful sound directing in some of its episode. In particular, the use of sound effect. The dumb sound effect to point out comedic moments in some episode..., lets be honest: it's stupid. Anyone coming up with sound sample acquired from Google should be fired!

Characters are awkwardly expressionless. They keep making this (/') mouth almost entire time, almost in every moments. Especially, the males. Their expression almost never change since ep1! With this show lacking in narration, heavily spaghetti spilled, and lack luster of events. It almost impossible to draw some sort relation with any characters in the series.

Awkward dialogue! I can't stress it hard enough, but whoever responsible with inter-character dialogue must be fired! Its too awkward. Like how they always changed the word "kareshi" into "gaarufrendo" or "boyufrendo". And the adults like playing elementary school level of pranks by using those words. Or the most particular example (of awkwardness)is when Hina (?) follows Yukinari all the way by her bike (not to forget, in swimsuit) and spouting words like "please don't stop being cool" or something like that. Even by Japanese standard, that was very awkward.

Its very disjointed. I mean, there are these one group of five friends + 1 stranger. Events connecting those six were very disjointed that it will pass as a oneshot each. I mean, whatever friendship relation between those five? Can you really say they're friends? Heck the only guys members aren't that close that they will probably pass as strangers. The friendship formula doesn't mix. The sequence of events? If we're talking in VN language. Each of their route almost gave no significance towards each other. Like I said, it might pass as anthology instead of one full story. for example: You can literally only watch Hiro and Sachi route only, and you'll never miss anything regarding those two (except the last scene in penultimate episode, which is also anti-climatic).

Godawful narration. Animu with little to no narration is nothing news nowadays. But, this one in particular is very deaf about it. Okay, lets count how many narration do you find in this show? count it! Then, which narration are actually making sense? COUNT IT!

Disjointed single-route events. Let me ask you something: When in three last episode, Hiro ask Sacchi to hike, right? Then can you tell me exactly what happened when they got back? Or can you point out what is the final word/conclusion for each pairing?

I can go on all day long, but whatever. This really is the worst thing ever come out of PA's ass. Not even RDG could match it.
Oct 3, 2014 1:20 AM

Sep 2012
final 2 EP were confusing

& did Kakeru leave or stay? they did not make it clear

was the voice in Touko head a new guy who takes Kakeru place in her heart? or was it Kakeru's voice?

Art is good, so are voices, but the story is to confusing, maybe some artist is able to make sense of it, well most confusing is Touko & Kakeru, the relationships & stuff with the others made more sense & was not confusing, explanation is bad, do they not know how to explain stuff anymore?
Sugram22Oct 3, 2014 1:56 AM
Oct 3, 2014 1:28 AM

Feb 2014
God save the otaku.
Oct 3, 2014 1:49 AM

Sep 2012
ss4chris said:
Im sort of in tears right now because I dont know waht to feel from this anime. closure or more frustration

it looks like Touko's mother was like touko now she could see fragments just like touko but when she settled down with touko's father she stopped seeing them. Which means it looks like the fragments or something you are looking searching for and once you find what you find you no longer see them which is why the mother said "used to see them."

the reason why kakeru couldntsee the fragments anymore because he found what he was looking for in tokuo at least thats waht i think

as for touko she was looking for Kakeru. I guess thats puberty/ companionship for you PA Style. again speculation

but im still bitter on the ending. Did kakeru end up with his mom or did he stay around? the tent is gone but touko turns around. can she hear his voice no matter where he is? what was that blue fragment on the ground in the end

Does jonanthan represent kakeru. an adventurer? different from the other roosters?

I hope the manga/ light novel gets translated and released one day. cuz i would like to read more about this series. I personally didnt hate it it just frustrated me more :3 forces you to think I guess. Anyone else with that actually liked this anime and thought on a deeper meaning?

if ur right about the fragments then, if Kakeru then hes just confused still, i mean he found the fragments cause he fell for Touko & wants to sty with her, if he leaves he will lose the fragments again & reverse back to hes old self, i believe hes still confused, he feels that he found the fragments, but he dose not understand jet how & why he found the fragments & what the fragments are, hes fragments are Touko, he said Touko makes him feel like home, so that's the answer

& hes confused cause her mother has dragged him with her hes hole life, hes mother is Selfish, she should start to think whats best for him & let him live at one place or she will mess him up even more until hes like Total Robot, invading him again was irresponsible & Selfish, i don't hate her, but just saying that she is fool & needs to start thinking whats best for her son!!! if she cant take the loneliness find a new job or do the same job Local, kids need stable life at ones place not travel around the world, that 1 thing that messes kids up!!!

To All
if u have that kind of a job like her or just the type where u don't have much time for privet life or family (who has similar life & job to Kakeru mother), stay single, make a lot of money with ur job & when u have enough create ur own small business so u would have more time for ur life & family & then start ur life, cause career destroys privet life & family's, if that type of family seems fine its a lie, a act, 1 or both parents have lovers cause they grew apart, cause of their career, specially if their career is their priority No.1, i have heard of stories of people who have been destroyed by their career like that
Oct 3, 2014 4:12 PM

Feb 2008
So...ummm....what was the point of this series ? What exactly was it trying to prove ? What was the plot ? What was it's message ?

Sure, it had some really nice OST, featuring multiple classical pieces, the visuals were generally good, although I disliked the fact that they used so many stills, inserting them even out of context.

The action ( if you can even call it that) was, well, boring, nothing happened. The characters were boring as well, with Kakeru being the most bland of them all ( at least for me). I still don't get what his problem was, why he doesn't want to stay in one place for too long etc. It's as if they tried to create a mysterious main character and on the way they forgot that in the end he was supposed to have a proper back story and gradually reveal it to the public. If there was a character that had the potential to become likeable, that would have been Yana-chan. I really liked her way of being direct about things, and not beating around the bush. In fact, I think that she would have made a better heroine than Touko, as she had what it takes to move the story forward. Unfortunately, her character got lost in the hazy atmosphere and she stopped developing eventually.

The romance side is, again, pointless, apart from Hiro and megane girl, there were no final couples in the end. Hell, a threesome with Hiro, megane and Touko would have been more interesting than this.

I still don't know what the deal with the glass bead at the end was. And I still don't get why Touko keeps drawing hens every day, all year long. I get it that she likes to draw and that she wants to improve her art, but seriously, she should move on to drawing other things.

Overall, I'll rate this series as a 5/10, based solely on BGM and visuals. This was a waste time. This is what happens when you try to create the impression of a deep and meaningful storyline, only to find out that there was nothing there all along.

Debating right now whether I should actually waste even more time in order to write a proper and organized review for this series.

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Oct 4, 2014 6:31 AM

Dec 2010
6/10 for the really nice music and because the art is PA works. and because there was at least a pairing
Oct 4, 2014 10:42 AM

Nov 2008
First of all I want to say that I really enjoyed this show. Seeing the ratings and the first few posts in this episode discussion, I know that people didn't care for it. But I think that it is the story it self that does a pretty bad job of can conveying the meaning behind the story.

Any way I really enjoyed watching this and my eyes got a little red at the end. I know that he stayed, I just wish that they had showed him in that ending scene.

8.5/10
Oct 4, 2014 8:58 PM
Apr 2013
Oct 5, 2014 8:38 AM
Feb 2014
Maybe the show really have some deep meaning. Chickens refer to the characters? This make people confused.
But, in a way, I enjoy the music.
Oct 9, 2014 8:49 AM

Jul 2010
All the time I thought maybe one of them had died and they would show/explain it at the end ... Well... I didn't get one single second of this anime :/
Oct 9, 2014 2:58 PM
Aug 2013
I see some people gave this 5/10. 5/10 means it's average and that it's better than half the shows out there. But this was dreadful in every way. Watched the eps at 2X speed and I still want 2.5 hours of my life back.

2/10
Oct 9, 2014 3:20 PM

May 2012
Pretty meh ending if you ask me, the start was good but near the ending it got all bad! In general the show was still pretty okay but well it's average 5/10
Oct 10, 2014 7:37 AM

May 2010
So her mom can see the fragments, too... Hina is the best character for me.

FINALLY this is over... Tho I liked the last 5 minutes.

Overall, this anime was average. Start was good, then it got meh. The meh-er. Then it just kept going errrr.. Nothing really resolved, it all felt like a prologue to something bigger (but highly unlikely to be adapted further)

5/10... I expected too much, like way too much. I believe P.A. Works will return back to their original awesomeness but as for what they did with this. I will just think this anime never existed.
Oct 11, 2014 10:13 PM

Feb 2013
I do not get the hate on this show. You were either too dumb to understand what happened, or didn't realize it was a fucking SLICE OF LIFE anime....did....did you not look at that description before watching it?

Ok, so I actually started watching this based almost entirely off of it's bad reviews, and I've got to say, maybe I wouldn't have liked it if I had watched it week by week, there were some parts of the story that would play into something 4 episodes later, so if it HAD been a month I may have forgotten about it, but I marathoned it in one day, so it was all fresh in my mind.

That is it, like that is the only things I can think of to where this would be rated so low.

8/10

And he definitely stayed, they didn't need to show him, the reason he was staying in the tent in the first place was because his room was still not ready, which was mentioned early on in the series, that and the tent was his only constant home, having moved around so much, plus she saw the sparkles heard his voice, so she wanted to see him, so she will. The future fragments were more like imaginations of hopes or worries or desires. Or worse comes to worse, he did leave, but his mom was only going to be gone for 2 years, so he'll come back.

SoullessCake said:
http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/2hfo2a/spoilers_glasslip_episode_13_final_discussion/ckses23

For all you people complaining about the show, give this a read.

^This!
unmemorableheroOct 11, 2014 10:31 PM
Oct 12, 2014 12:45 AM

Oct 2012
unmemorable_hero said:
I do not get the hate on this show. You were either too dumb to understand what happened, or didn't realize it was a fucking SLICE OF LIFE anime....did....did you not look at that description before watching it?

Ok, so I actually started watching this based almost entirely off of it's bad reviews, and I've got to say, maybe I wouldn't have liked it if I had watched it week by week, there were some parts of the story that would play into something 4 episodes later, so if it HAD been a month I may have forgotten about it, but I marathoned it in one day, so it was all fresh in my mind.

That is it, like that is the only things I can think of to where this would be rated so low.

8/10

And he definitely stayed, they didn't need to show him, the reason he was staying in the tent in the first place was because his room was still not ready, which was mentioned early on in the series, that and the tent was his only constant home, having moved around so much, plus she saw the sparkles heard his voice, so she wanted to see him, so she will. The future fragments were more like imaginations of hopes or worries or desires. Or worse comes to worse, he did leave, but his mom was only going to be gone for 2 years, so he'll come back.

SoullessCake said:
http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/2hfo2a/spoilers_glasslip_episode_13_final_discussion/ckses23

^This!

lol until the author says he stayed nothing is for sure lol.
Oct 12, 2014 3:40 AM
May 2014
unmemorable_hero said:

8/10

SoullessCake said:

^This!
Being a slice of life anime doesn't justify it being crap and having absolutely nothing happen in 13 ep, if I wanted to watch a sol anime, I would have chosen the hundreds of different anime that actually wasn't total crap like glasslip, the only one that dumb around here is u and the people who enjoyed this clusterfuck of an anime, but I am not going to reason with you since giving this crap 8/10 is enough proof that u have shit taste.And fyi the future fragments were versions of alternate worlds , it seems u haven't really understood the story yet u are saying that it's all fresh in ur mind.In the glasslip deserves it's 5/10 rating since it's absolute crap, I would even go as far as to say mahou sensou was better and that's saying a lot
Oct 12, 2014 11:58 AM

Nov 2011
so what's with the multiple kakerus?
Oct 13, 2014 3:47 AM

Jul 2013
I like this anime until the last 2 episodes were confusing and it was just STUPID as episode 11 was a filler and it was a waste of time then Episode 12 was like back to their original lives without Kakeru being there at all and I wanted to see some romance developing.

I don't understand this anime as there is unexplained situations between why only Kakeru and Touko can see the fragments and what does it represent. Why can they see a different universe was there a reason. I have been asking myself same questions but at the end it wasnt unanswered.

I like the daily life which brings some entertainment.

It could be better but a 6/10 is for me
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2014 10:09 PM

Apr 2013
This anime would have been decent without the future BS, even taking the forced drama into account. Amazing how just one concept can absolutely butcher everything about a show.
Oct 20, 2014 2:54 AM

Jan 2014
What a waste of quality art/animation with a shitty story and characters...

Or we all missed the plot twist...Touko was syzophrenic and literally nothing happened...Thats what i understood from the last scene...Lol,sad....

10/10 for art and music 0/10 for story and characters,5/10 overall...
Oct 20, 2014 4:30 AM
Jun 2014
There should have been a plot twist where Touko's "hallucinations" were due to some sort of brain tumour... DRAMA INTENSIFIES
Oct 20, 2014 12:04 PM
Jul 2013
This is lame :/ I'm glad it's over... Geez, I hate not understanding what is going on
6/10
Oct 21, 2014 6:29 AM
Jul 2008
I picked up the show with an open mind. I thought I could appreciate from another perspective, that viewers might have missed some vital plot elements, that the bad reviews were an exaggeration. Nope I overestimated myself.

Didn't get the story until I searched it up, plot was obscure and ambiguous as heck. Even Japanese people mostly didn't understand what was going on, referencing:

http://onecall2ch.com/archives/7541836.html
http://niwasoku.blog.jp/archives/1009904765.html

Some of the comments:

'I was curious and couldn't sleep at all. Can someone explain it to me?'
'Kakeru = Touko's delusion. Touko = Mentally handicapped. I don't understand what's going on anymore.'
'What happened to Kakeru? The last episode's speeches were too ambiguous.'
'Kakeru died.' (Referring to the comment above)

As for me, it's a 6/10.
MajereKibblesOct 21, 2014 6:39 AM
Oct 22, 2014 1:35 PM

Oct 2014
I'm watching this show for a second time just to see where it went wrong. The first six episodes where things actually happen are actually quite good imo. At least 8/10.

In episode 7, though, pretty much everything that's going to happen in the show has already happened, we start to see that Touka is not a prophet but merely a mentally ill girl and the character interactions begin to devolve into the bizarre(e.g., "STAY ATTRACTIVE!" I was hoping there was something lost in translation, but afaik 'stay attractive' is spot on). Episode 7 is a 6/10 and it goes more or less steadily downward to episode 13, which is 1/10; literally nothing gets resolved and Touka is pretty much confirmed to be schizophrenic.
nstyn4teOct 22, 2014 2:57 PM
Oct 22, 2014 11:21 PM

Jun 2012
Congratulations Glasslip, you are the first series I have finished to get a 1/10. I hope this garbage gets all the crap it deserves.
Oct 24, 2014 9:41 AM

Dec 2009
This anime is a bit too deep for most people to understand.

For you to understand and remember everything, you'll need to marathon the show. I know most won't give this anime a chance anymore but I definitely did. Once you understand the show you'll actually think it's quite good.
Oct 24, 2014 2:26 PM

Jun 2011
Rei7 said:
This anime is a bit too deep for most people to understand.

For you to understand and remember everything, you'll need to marathon the show. I know most won't give this anime a chance anymore but I definitely did. Once you understand the show you'll actually think it's quite good.

The thing is, it doesn't matter. Yeah, it has some chicken symbolism and all this "I wanna feel at home" topic, but the characters are extremely boring and awkward, and so are their feelings. I don't believe these kids have ever been such close precious friends. Everyone's romantic feelings seem shallow and forced, especially Touko and Kakeru's. I just couldn't relate, couldn't make myself care for these characters, or care whether their affections will be answered or not. For a romantic slice of life it pretty much means that its core is already ruined.
We have to keep our dreams alive. Something to look forward to.
Oct 25, 2014 12:39 AM
Jun 2014
I love it I love the HATE its well deserved hate it looks good but thats about it I wonder if there is a manga and does it continue to suck
Oct 25, 2014 12:45 AM

Aug 2014
IMO the only good aspect from this show only the animation, the whole story and the plot is really awful.
Oct 25, 2014 5:00 PM
Nov 2007
I don't quite get all the hate lol.. Yeah the second last episode kinda flipped me on my butt then after watching the last episode It kinda made sense.. Yeah maybe the explanation was lacking but it was still enjoyable enough.. No its not deep but relaxing watching for a slice of life.
Oct 26, 2014 11:36 PM
Oct 2010
Very good anime, from reading a lot of the other post it seems majority of people didn't understand anything going on in this anime.

i'm guessing either very young age group with no life experience or just used to mindless fanservice and always in your face hold my hand happy ending explanations that don't actually require you to use a brain.

Genres: magic, psychological, romance, slice of life
Themes: clairvoyance, coming of age, friendship, love polygon, unrequited love

seems spot on to me in regards to what the show's classification.

I enjoyed the ending very much, very strong slice of life and coming of age tones.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

» Can someone explain the end ?

Shomix - Dec 5, 2014

22 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

179 by oooo3333 »»
May 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

211 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

153 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:12 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

343 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.