Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 29, 2014 5:50 PM

Dec 2013
tsudecimo said:
Hisoka_Judal said:
So Alluka remains a girl in the anime while in the manga it's a boy.l

What makes you think she is a girl in the anime?

Killua did say "Alluka's a girl"
Jul 29, 2014 5:51 PM

Nov 2011
Hisoka_Judal said:
So Alluka remains a girl in the anime while in the manga it's a boy.
Now imagine a time skip of a grown Alluka who looks manly, how will the anime solve the Problem? Dat gender issue in Hunter lol

I'm betting Alluka will be 100% bishounen when he grows up. xD

Minagatachi said:
I see a few possible theories.
a) Alluka is transgender
b) All female Zoldyck siblings are raised as males and henceforth regarded as males (Alluka, Kalluto)
c) Nanika is a boy, and since the Zoldycks see Alluka as Nanika they refer to her as a boy (despite Alluka actually being female)

I hadn't actually considered the second option. That would be sorta interesting.

- - - - - - - - - -

Eh. The Zoldycks set a lot of conditions. I get the feeling Killua could get away from the butlers if he wanted, but they would probably start sending family members after him even if he did. It looks like he'll play by the rules. I also liked that the Hunter Organization has already explored the possibility of a nen exorcist. I do wonder if it was more a matter of "couldn't" or "wouldn't"; the exorcist looked pretty horrified by Gon's condition (pun intended).

That nail scene made me cringe. Tsubone, you did well. x.x

I'm loving Leorio's return. It's very nostalgic. That punch! Although I don't condone unnecessary violence, I have to admit that that scene was intensely gratifying. I do think Ging intentionally let himself be hit, though.

As an aside, I can watch this in HD now that I've caught up to the current episodes. I'm loving the higher quality. *-*
TripleSRankJul 29, 2014 6:15 PM
Jul 29, 2014 5:51 PM
Jan 2014
omg leorio! haha hes so outraged. what a site to see him back. and of course kurapika. that punch though was well deserved but then again gon probably wants to find him himself.
Jul 29, 2014 6:03 PM

Sep 2012
Amazing episode glad to see the characters from back and i really want to see what ging and gon will do.
Jul 29, 2014 6:04 PM

Dec 2013
That punch was worth the whole episode xD I want to see more of leorio's nen abilities.
Jul 29, 2014 6:07 PM

Sep 2009
I'm glad Leorio has become such a badass since we saw him last. That punch was epic. The bunny girl was also really amusing to watch too with her enthusiasm over getting people to see what went down. Ha ha

Hisoka's face in the preview for the next episode is hilarious; looking forward to it.
Jul 29, 2014 6:18 PM

Dec 2012
Anon1409 said:
tsudecimo said:

That happened in the manga.

Jul 29, 2014 6:24 PM

Dec 2012
My man Leorio <3
Jul 29, 2014 6:25 PM

Jan 2009
i think i get it now, Alluka's alter ego that blank eye white face person is the girl Alluka, and damn Leorio manage to learn nen while the chimera ant arc is airing huh
Jul 29, 2014 6:34 PM

Jan 2011
oh man Leorio really did make a impactful comeback! i don't even remember what his Nen was but it looks like hes gotten a lot stronger, not like that punch even fazed Ging but he still got what was coming for him!

and the tease of Kurapika god damnit ! wasn't even expecting to see him this arc so that was a plus.
Jul 29, 2014 6:41 PM
Jul 2014
katsu044 said:
oh man Leorio really did make a impactful comeback! i don't even remember what his Nen was but it looks like hes gotten a lot stronger, not like that punch even fazed Ging but he still got what was coming for him!

and the tease of Kurapika god damnit ! wasn't even expecting to see him this arc so that was a plus.
Last time he didn't even know of Nen other than Ten so yeah he has made some considerable improvements.
Jul 29, 2014 7:00 PM

Nov 2011
katsu044 said:

He's an emitter. The ED that played during the Heaven's Arena arc revealed the main characters' nen types before the graph was even explained.

It does seem like a peculiar use of nen. I like it.
Jul 29, 2014 7:03 PM

Oct 2013
That female Butler Amane is voiced by Inoue Marina chan????????? this chapter get better with Leorio comeback
Jul 29, 2014 7:14 PM

Jun 2014
Anon1409 said:
tsudecimo said:

Omg I can't believe how some of you people can't think at all. Everyone else besides killua calls alluka a boy, why? Because Alluka was born a boy but prefers being referred to as a girl. Killua knows that.
Previously: BlueXRam
Jul 29, 2014 7:19 PM

Sep 2013
Leorio is back! XD

That nen exorcist is incompetent they should have asked the one who is curing Chrollo.

Hisoka about to wreck someone next ep. :D
Jul 29, 2014 7:22 PM

Jul 2013
Ging still acting strangle not wanting to see Gon and even letting Leorio punch him

Also Gons state is far worse then I thought it seems that dark nen is not letting him die and even sending nen exorcists running in fear
Jul 29, 2014 7:23 PM
Feb 2014
I wish I could vote 6/5. Anyways great episode glad to see the return of Leorio. The butlers seem pretty harsh and I'm excited for some action with them.
Jul 29, 2014 7:41 PM

Sep 2013
I'm so happy to see Canary, Leorio, and a bit of Kurapika.
Alluka was cute again too.

Leorio at the end though, damn.
Jul 29, 2014 8:03 PM

Nov 2013
The Zoldyck butlers are really something. AND LEORIO IS BACK :DDD Wish Kurapika could be there for the party as welll, but he looks like he is too preoccupied with something important. Just what is it? He looks so intense and badass. JUST LOOK AT THOSE EYES!

That uppercut though! This arc is becoming really amazing :D

Jul 29, 2014 8:12 PM

Jul 2013
Tarheelram said:
Anon1409 said:

Omg I can't believe how some of you people can't think at all. Everyone else besides killua calls alluka a boy, why? Because Alluka was born a boy but prefers being referred to as a girl. Killua knows that.
You don't know that she's transgender, that's an unconfirmed theory.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2014 8:20 PM

Dec 2013
Finally! I've been waiting on that punch forever!

It's about we get some really good episodes again, haven't had many during that god awful invasion portion of the CA arc. Glad to know that while that mess was going on Leorio was becoming BA.

Pariston's suit made me cringe more than watching ba-chan rip her pinky nail off, I mean... seriously, what kind of idiot where's a suit like that anyway? He may be the vice chairman, but he's outnumbered by the zodiacs and there's no way he's stronger than Ging- so why don't they just knock his ass out and shut him up so they can get shit done properly? THAT would be hilarious!

As for the debate about Ging and the way he treats his son... If he didn't do things this way Gon wouldn't be able to become as strong as he needs to be, in order to become strong he must learn the hard way and suffer. Ging loves his son, but must play the part of the high class prick and dead beat dad in order for his plans to come to fruition. It's typical anime formula, just another cliche.

Leorio is back! He just won himself some votes!
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Jul 29, 2014 8:38 PM

Nov 2013
the two best characters just made an appearance!!
Jul 29, 2014 8:38 PM

May 2012
ichii_1 said:
Leorio is back! XD

That nen exorcist is incompetent they should have asked the one who is curing Chrollo.

They don't know who that is. And the whole point is that a exorcist can't just remove it.
Jul 29, 2014 8:43 PM

Jan 2011
even though i found Leorio to be very annoying since the begining of the series (i still do) gotta admit that was great, the troll deserved a punch in the face... that attack was quite slow though, cant help but think that the troll could ve dodge it
Jul 29, 2014 9:24 PM

May 2013
Fucking Leorio, coming back in a blaze of glory. I forgot how much I loved his goofy ass.

Also, Tsuobone, she was one of my favorite new characters from this arc, and I'm glad to see they nailed (oh lord, unintentional pun) her in the anime.
Jul 29, 2014 9:51 PM

Dec 2011
Such an epic episode today.....just can't stop loving this anime more an more.I hope it will still goes on after this arc and Leorio returns is badass.Nice nen technique he shows up.....
Jul 29, 2014 10:08 PM

Aug 2009
EarlCiel said:

THANK YOU LEORIO. GOD THAT MAN NEEDED A WAKE UP PUNCH.

YASSSSS LEORIO YASSS!!!!!

That punch was so satisfying I can't even. Man Leorio just won my heart. Seriously.

Jul 29, 2014 10:12 PM

Dec 2012
I hate Leorio. . . .

He is the definition of incompetence.
Jul 29, 2014 10:22 PM

Jan 2014
Leorio is back !, really good to see him and his new ability.

LOL that Ging, he deserved that for became uncare father.
Jul 29, 2014 10:26 PM

Jan 2014
tsudecimo said:
I hate Leorio. . . .

what do you mean of incompetence ?
Jul 29, 2014 10:32 PM

Jul 2013
kaitonic said:
Such an epic episode today.....just can't stop loving this anime more an more.I hope it will still goes on after this arc and Leorio returns is badass.Nice nen technique he shows up.....
I really hope they do, the next arc is shaping up to be great. Though I doubt they will be able to go onward without a hiatus, padding or fillers seeing as how next arc will probably be a long one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2014 10:36 PM

Dec 2012
HungerXHunger said:
tsudecimo said:
I hate Leorio. . . .

Every arc he has been in, especially the Hunter exams. He helped with the distraction in yorknew I guess.
Jul 29, 2014 11:11 PM
Feb 2013
tsudecimo said:
HungerXHunger said:

Every arc he has been in, especially the Hunter exams. He helped with the distraction in yorknew I guess.

Not everyone needs to be a winner/cool guy. Leorio is written as the goofy guy who doesn't really excel in fighting, but he is an intelligent doctor, and a fun, loyal friend.
Jul 29, 2014 11:12 PM

May 2014
Just had to watch Ging getting punched , I feel satisfied even though I was waiting for leorio to middle finger him. oh well I suppose I was hoping for too much , Pariston is getting even more charismatic as of now his speech was pretty good.
I also just realized that Hunter x Hunter overall rating increased by 0.01 again
Given the right situation , the right story , anyone can be shaped into Snake.
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2
Jul 30, 2014 12:10 AM

Oct 2013
Aawwawahahwah yeahhahhahahhahaa PUNCH HIM RIGHT IN DA FACE!
Jul 30, 2014 12:19 AM

Apr 2014
Wow! So many lovable characters in one episode!
Jul 30, 2014 12:50 AM

Jul 2013
Ging better get it together, he's starting to piss me off.

Had the biggest smile on my face at all of Leorio's antics.

5/5
"Komugi, are you there?"

Jul 30, 2014 1:13 AM
Jul 2014
JAJAJAJAJAJAJA was funny that part where says: "go to the hell" LoL
Jul 30, 2014 2:17 AM

Aug 2013
ew i just skipped all of Leorio's part ._. Ging was just waiting there like" any day now." Lame Leorio.
Jul 30, 2014 3:03 AM

Sep 2013
I love it how the manga scenes with the most impact/the most memorable ones always get a 10/10 treatment.

Also, Kurapika looked like a man for once. Not just the suit, but his face too

Wyzdm said:
Finally Leorio is back and wow he's got a cool ability. It's pretty similar to Knov's ability.

It's actually nearly identical to that pirate boxer on Greed Island
Jul 30, 2014 3:06 AM

Dec 2012
Great episode.
Thoses butlers can be very scary.
Great to see Leorio again and a bit of Kurapika.
Leorio's nen ability is very interesting.
Lol at him punching Ging.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 30, 2014 4:13 AM

Jun 2014
Minagatachi said:
Tarheelram said:

You don't know that she's transgender, that's an unconfirmed theory.

You don't have an inch of thinking capability. That is the only thing that explains why EVERYONE else besides Killua refers to Alluka as a boy. Do you seriously think TOgashi somehow makes the same mistake everytime? Smh
Previously: BlueXRam
Jul 30, 2014 4:28 AM
Jul 2014
Does anyone know the OST playing when Leorio punches Ging? xD
Jul 30, 2014 4:30 AM

Jul 2013
Ameena97 said:
Does anyone know the OST playing when Leorio punches Ging? xD
Hashire
Jul 30, 2014 4:33 AM

Apr 2009
Oh, I remember when the spoilers for the manga chapters came out almost three years ago. We all couldn't believe that leorio came back, only to punch Ging in the face and being the best Hunta Hunta all around. It's great to see the moment finally getting animated.

Also, Pariston's smile and suit. I actually laughed.

galimx said:
question for manga readers

Iirc there is an Togashi interview in which he stated that there are at least 3 arcs left to write.
NidhoeggrJul 30, 2014 4:40 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jul 30, 2014 4:38 AM

Jul 2014
Wow Leorio looks really strong.. even the zodiacs were surprised.
Jul 30, 2014 4:42 AM

Nov 2013
oh god i love leorio so much

please stay with us for the few episodes we have left
Jul 30, 2014 4:46 AM

Jan 2014
Dam I love Leorio
Making an all-knowing face, the crow stares down at the plight of humanity.
Jul 30, 2014 4:47 AM

Jan 2014
Fuck chimera ants, this arc is soooo much better.
My top anime quotes
1. I AM JUSTICE!- l/light (Death Note)
2. IT'S OVER 9000!!!!- Vegeta (dbz)
3. Almighty Push!/ Shinra Tensei!- Pain (Naruto Shippuden)
4. We stand in awe before that which cannot be seen- Rukia (Bleach)
5. I'll take a potato chip.....AND EAT IT!!!!!- Light (Death Note)
6. Art is an explosion - Deidara (Naruto)
7. Shut the fuck up Kakazu - Hidan (Naruto)
8. Bulma, you've lost your balls- Goku (dragonball)
9. "Don't call me small! I'll break off your feet and stick em on your head!"- Edward Elric (fmab)
Jul 30, 2014 4:48 AM

Jun 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
Oh, I remember when the spoilers for the manga chapters came out almost three years ago. We all couldn't believe that leorio came back, only to punch Ging in the face and being the best Hunta Hunta all around. It's great to see the moment finally getting animated.

Also, Pariston's smile and suit. I actually laughed.

galimx said:
question for manga readers

Iirc there is an Togashi interview in which he stated that there are at least 3 arcs left to write.

Love that punch even though i knew it was coming !

A decade, or 4 at this rate :P

Forgot about gyro completely, damn.
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Knov's shoes

Guaxinito - 4 hours ago

2 by MER0S »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 131 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 27, 2014

1046 by Ougi0Best0Girl »»
Sep 20, 3:25 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 100 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ValeBreck - Oct 15, 2013

162 by samagra7 »»
Sep 19, 11:19 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

933 by LizIsListing »»
Sep 18, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 134 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2014

329 by Ravin-AnimeList »»
Sep 17, 11:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.