Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jul 21, 2014 5:10 PM

Apr 2008
bladeangel said:
First episode hooked me, but now I'm growing very skeptical of my expectations. Can anyone who's read the manga tell me whether or not were going to see something .."epic" happen anytime soon? Or did the show peak in the first episode :/ no spoilers plz

There's plenty of epic to come
Jul 21, 2014 5:12 PM

Feb 2014
bladeangel said:
First episode hooked me, but now I'm growing very skeptical of my expectations. Can anyone who's read the manga tell me whether or not were going to see something .."epic" happen anytime soon? Or did the show peak in the first episode :/ no spoilers plz

If it stays close to the manga and is animated well you can expect a great deal of awesome over the next 21 episodes
Jul 21, 2014 5:46 PM

Aug 2012
I expected this anime to get about 50 episodes. Idk, it just seems like that type.
Jul 21, 2014 5:49 PM

Feb 2014
Afshar said:
I expected this anime to get about 50 episodes. Idk, it just seems like that type.

The first season is supposed to cover almost all of the manga so far (to chapter 38 of 51 chapters), so even if there was a second season it will be a while before there is enough source material to base it on
Jul 21, 2014 5:53 PM

Aug 2012
Feyfray said:
Afshar said:

The first season is supposed to cover almost all of the manga so far (to chapter 38 of 51 chapters), so even if there was a second season it will be a while before there is enough source material to base it on
oh, I wasn't aware that it had so few chapters.

btw, Akame is hot.
Jul 21, 2014 5:54 PM

Feb 2014
Afshar said:
Feyfray said:

btw, Akame is hot.

she aite

Esdeath is best girl, though, she won't be introduced for a few more episodes
Jul 21, 2014 5:57 PM

Aug 2012
Maybe i'll pick up the manga. (i say this but manga always bores me way too quickly nowadays)
Jul 21, 2014 6:09 PM

Oct 2013
Afshar said:
Maybe i'll pick up the manga. (i say this but manga always bores me way too quickly nowadays)

Yea, if you don't have the patience to wait for the anime episodes, then why not?
Jul 21, 2014 6:11 PM

Feb 2014
keragamming said:
Afshar said:

Yea, if you don't have the patience to wait for the anime episodes, then why not?

Waiting for new chapters is worse than episodes :(
Jul 21, 2014 6:20 PM
Jan 2014
Feyfray said:
Afshar said:

btw, Akame is hot.

she aite

Esdeath is best girl, though, she won't be introduced for a few more episodes

Yea esdeath is the best girl and probably the best character in the show.
Jul 21, 2014 6:40 PM

Aug 2013
If the King is stupid enough to listen to every advice his prime-minister is telling him, he deserve to die.

So we got somme gud loli tsundere fanservice :3

A girl fighting with giant scissor? Remind me of someone...

Mine, the self-proclamed genius sniper who miss the heart by 10 cm...
She's such a best girl, turning situation from comedy, to drama and back to comedy again.

It look like Tatsumi will be confronted to a Sayo illusion or something like this. Guess it will be hard emotionnaly for him, but probably gonna boost his rage.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 21, 2014 7:26 PM

Apr 2010
Botato said:
Hey is it just me or is someone else getting the feeling that this show will just troll everyone and have a grimdark ending? Because like, so far the main characters' goals are all full of "hope" and stuff, I get the feeling that they will most likely not have that happy ending they want and will instead just all die.

Doubt it. Until something happens to at least one of the 3 main characters, you're looking at worst, a "bittersweet" ending where the good guys die, but still accomplish their goal.
Jul 21, 2014 7:31 PM

Aug 2013
kikohunter said:
@Jonesy974
Teigu literrally means Imperial Arms in japanese just in case you didn't know. I wouldn't call it misplaced because well it's an accurate translation but I do understand what you mean by the sudden change of the term. It hit me pretty hard too as I didn't even know they were talking about their Teigu first and it took me a few seconds to get it.

Actually I had no idea whatsoever. But I'm glad you understand where I'm coming from. lol
Jul 21, 2014 8:28 PM

Jul 2010
I'm still not finding the characters interesting. Still pretty generic by anime standards. At least the action is decent. It's no Tokyo Ghoul, but I'll stick around because people keep saying, it gets better.

RedRoseFring said:
Wow. The amount of stereotype scenes in this episode was pretty overwhelming. All that needed to be added was Mine shouting "Baka!" as she blasted Tatsumi.

Exactly, this character had been done in countless forgettable animes.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
VudisJul 22, 2014 12:03 PM
Jul 21, 2014 9:56 PM

Jan 2014
clash45 said:

Yea esdeath is the best girl and probably the best character in the show.
Akame and Mein are better. Esdeath is overrated.

minouneetzoe said:
If the King is stupid enough to listen to every advice his prime-minister is telling him, he deserve to die.

So we got somme gud loli tsundere fanservice :3

A girl fighting with giant scissor? Remind me of someone...

Mine, the self-proclamed genius sniper who miss the heart by 10 cm...
She's such a best girl, turning situation from comedy, to drama and back to comedy again.

It look like Tatsumi will be confronted to a Sayo illusion or something like this. Guess it will be hard emotionnaly for him, but probably gonna boost his rage.
Well Minister Honest, was careful enough to ensure he could manipulate things. It is incredibly how the manga relies so much in battle in so many ways, but Honest outdoes all of that by mere manipulative.

Regarding that kid. I have ambiguous thoughts. I mean he really wants to do good, but so stupidly naive that it is nerve-wrecking.
Jul 22, 2014 1:07 AM

Oct 2009
I don't like Mein that much, Akame e Esdeath are way better for me.
Jul 22, 2014 1:35 AM

Jul 2011
Aniki is so hot ♥
That child king is so stupid, i hate him more than i hate the prime minister, i hope the author wont justify his action in the name of innocence and naivety.
That pink haired loli whats the name? Mine? she's cute! i couldnt believe i didnt get annoyed by her quirks

milloJul 22, 2014 1:42 AM
Jul 22, 2014 1:48 AM

Jul 2012
Great episode! Lol @ Aniki, the worst before-after ever :D :D.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Jul 22, 2014 2:48 AM

Sep 2009
Chibi/fanservice with gore/blood/merciless killing in one episode with hardly any transition whatsoever.

Oh well, I guess this is one of the strong points of this show for being different by not maintaing either serious tone or fanservice tone.
Jul 22, 2014 3:23 AM

May 2011
Jonesy974 said:
DerpHole said:
My main problem with this show is how they de-humanize all the villains and make them typical bullshit villains that are easy to hate.

Would've been a lot better if it was a storyline where they were only "bad guys" from the protagonists perspective under their circumstances, and the antagonists had "greater good" kind of reasons for doing what they do, forcing the protagonists to confront themselves at some point and ask themselves if they're doing the right thing, and making the viewers possibly side with the bad guys depending on how and why they do what they do.
Shows where the viewers can understand the bad guys perspective and have trouble deciding who's more right or who's more wrong are the best kind of shows that make you ask yourself what you would do.

As it stands now, they just demonize the antagonists with shitty voice alterations and facial distortions that further enforces their nonhuman-ness which makes them easy to hate by everyone so nobody bats an eye when the "good guys" kill them, despite the fact that one of the raiders said "we're not heroes, we just kill people".

I wish they had more moral/ethical crises and that this anime wasn't just a "kill the bad guys and pat ourselves on the back for a job well done" kind of show - which is where it seems to be heading. Disappointing.

Just wait for the Jaegers man...just wait. You will be satisfied.

Confront themselves ? It's totally useless because those corrupted wealthy protagonists 100% know they're wrong but they're arrogant to admit that. No, they're not, they're just wanting to live in luxury inside there castles with lots of privileges due to their wealth. Here the villains are just wicked people, and the only way to get ride of them is by killing them.
Jul 22, 2014 3:32 AM

Dec 2013
This anime's atmosphere is really strange, they still can't keep a straight face when something serious is happening
Jul 22, 2014 5:05 AM

Aug 2012
Does anyone else think that Mine's hair is a weird shade of pink? :s
Jul 22, 2014 9:25 AM

May 2012
I hate Lubbock for killing that hot women with this brutal way. That was disturbing. Only men and old hags deserve to die this way. He should have just raped her and then let her go.

As for king, I hope noting happens to him. He is cute and he is child. As for prime-minister, then can give him the worst possible death. I don't care about that old bastard
Jul 22, 2014 10:13 AM

Oct 2013
Ok episode. Still not fond of that 3D stills when killing off bad guys. Would have preferred it if it was the usual animation. So basically, all of Night Raid except Tatsumi have OP super weapons from ancient times? Wow.
Jul 22, 2014 10:23 AM

Oct 2013
Dang that minister
Jul 22, 2014 10:56 AM

May 2011
Good episode, enjoying the series so far. Waiting for things to turn up though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2014 11:50 AM

Jul 2014
Didn't expect to like it, but, well, I am at the third episode and plan to continue watching. A good popcorn shonen show, packed full of action and fanservice. For me it took the place of Chaika from the last season, though AkG is much more gory, less serious and the battles are directed a bit worse. It's good that the censorship, if there is any, is not excessive.

The most surprising is that I like the main character. He is very paladiney, but doesn't let others to push him over too much. All in all he seems a pretty unique character with his own quirks.

Also I expected Mine to be high born. I guess that's the impression she wants to give. ><

It seems that the authors do not take the world too seriously: everything is over the top. I hope that they will mantain the coherency and introduce some more complicated characters soon.
Jul 22, 2014 12:04 PM

Mar 2009
Thread cleaned.
Removed spam (simple one phrase responses), offtopic and spoilers.
Please stop talking about the manga in here. There's a whole subforum for that.
Jul 22, 2014 12:30 PM

Oct 2013
Vudis said:
Thread cleaned.
Removed spam (simple one phrase responses), offtopic and spoilers.
Please stop talking about the manga in here. There's a whole subforum for that.

So this isn't a one phrase response:
Kitoge said:
Dang that minister
?
Jul 22, 2014 12:50 PM

May 2010
Badass Akame is badass. Dat teamwork! I really like Sheele as well. And man, Mine's power are cool as hell. I admire Lubbock for not letting the sight of women blind his eyes when he is like a major pervert. And man, Bulat is really cool. I really like our team.

Tatsumi thinking about Bulat was funny. Though Bulat could just keep his former hair-style, it was better.

What a merciless shota, though its clearly minister's fault, more like monster.

Mine has some amazing skills. Though she is a little annoying, she isn't bad at heart. Dat death scene! I like Mine and Tatsumi's bond.

Great episode and yeahhh my ED song!
Jul 22, 2014 2:23 PM
Dec 2010
tbh I'm disappointed... I love the manga, episodes 1-2 were good as well, however it's starting to get annoying ( like ANNOYING ) in this one. If it was first episode of some random anime I'd probably never watched the second one and dropped it.
Jul 22, 2014 2:27 PM

May 2012
plss no harem,,. mediocre ep, finally some worthy opponent appeared?

Jul 22, 2014 3:21 PM

Jul 2010
Why is gay aniki the best character?

Why every crime they commit in this show has to be of a sexual nature? I mean, I get the point, they want to show us how humans are easily tempted to their sexual desires but there's not only that right? I just hope they're gonna show some other kind of evil.
Jul 22, 2014 3:49 PM

Sep 2011
Akanezora said:

Why every crime they commit in this show has to be of a sexual nature? I mean, I get the point, they want to show us how humans are easily tempted to their sexual desires but there's not only that right? I just hope they're gonna show some other kind of evil.

Don't worry there's all sorts of downright perverse shit that happens in the manga later on that is not rape related. Though there's plenty of that as well, not to mention
Jul 22, 2014 3:53 PM

Apr 2014
Fullmetal89 said:
Akanezora said:

Don't worry there's all sorts of downright perverse shit that happens in the manga later on that is not rape related. Though there's plenty of that as well, not to mention

Yeah that almost made me drop the manga...
Jul 22, 2014 7:14 PM

Jan 2013
Lots of action.
Looking forward to the longer more strategic battles.
Jul 22, 2014 11:48 PM

Sep 2008
This was a little better than the previous episodes. The comedy is still crap and the characters are completely generic.

Looks like the author has a thing for raping/abusing women.
Jul 22, 2014 11:53 PM

Mar 2013
5layer said:
This was a little better than the previous episodes. The comedy is still crap and the characters are completely generic.

Looks like the author has a thing for raping/abusing women.

It's hard to not be completely generic when it's 3 episodes in, there are 8 members in night raid and the show is giving them each about half an episode of time in the spotlight to introduce them.

But yea, the author does love his shock value. Problem is it gets old real fast when you use it in such a heavy handed manner.
Jul 23, 2014 1:59 AM

Aug 2008
Mine is really cute.

Kind of weird that Sheele has giant scissors to kill her enemies but ok let's go with that lol
Jul 23, 2014 6:52 AM
Dec 2011

Tatsumi is into doing things like this to see men underwear. He will make a good couple will bro.
Jul 23, 2014 7:02 AM

Nov 2012
Hope this picks up later cause I've been straight up bored with it so far.. I do like how the kenichi look alike MC doesn't have to be convinced to kill... But the characters do feel generic and I feel like I've seen this already 1000 times
Jul 23, 2014 8:00 AM
Jun 2013
wigglejelly said:

Tatsumi is into doing things like this to see men underwear. He will make a good couple will bro.

Filler
Jul 23, 2014 8:11 AM

Nov 2010
He needs to change his clothes they bother me for some reason
It was not written in the stars that we be together.
Jul 23, 2014 9:42 AM

May 2013
This anime is so goddamn enjoyable.
Jul 23, 2014 10:35 AM

Jun 2011
It's a kind of mixed bag.

Generic - Yes
Enjoyable - Fuck Yes
Was it Funny - Not So Much
Intelligent - No, this show is a little dumb
Verdict: Mindless Fun.

I enjoyed it more than SNK, which I dropped, because it was trying too hard to be dark and gritty.

My personal recommendation:
Watch it with coffee and cookies. It's much better that way.

Jul 23, 2014 12:02 PM
Sep 2010
Gosh, I kind of felt bad for that kind of cute girl who got sliced up by the wires.

That guy's so heartless :'(
Jul 23, 2014 12:30 PM

Jul 2011
CaptainKatsuura said:
I was expecting this anime to be a lot darker, but it's actually quite funny. I like it.

Also, Mine is best girl; who doesn't love a "genius sniper" tsundere.

4/5

Don't drop your expectations just yet.

Yeah Mein is best girl.
Jul 23, 2014 12:52 PM

Oct 2013
ArdenFolgore said:
It's a kind of mixed bag.

Generic - Yes
Enjoyable - Fuck Yes
Was it Funny - Not So Much
Intelligent - No, this show is a little dumb
Verdict: Mindless Fun.

I enjoyed it more than SNK, which I dropped, because it was trying too hard to be dark and gritty.

My personal recommendation:
Watch it with coffee and cookies. It's much better that way.

Lmao! This is so disrespectful to akame ga kill fans, people think it's mindless fun, like kil la kill. Also you're a bitch for dropping snk just because the series was too dark, what a baby, if you had said the series was shit that would be better to understand but just because it's dark?

Well, you will probably be dropping this series very soon, you haven't seen dark yet.
Jul 23, 2014 1:06 PM
May 2014
Tat gun action.

2 other animes with btr gun action than SAO2 ;/
Jul 23, 2014 4:20 PM

Feb 2014
I actually find Mine annoying. She's so self-centered!

But jeez, that minister is creepy. He also must have done a lot of brainwashing to the young ruler!

Overall I think this anime is pretty good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2014

1213 by deanglz »»
Aug 27, 3:29 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 9, 2014

612 by C10udzTheWeeb »»
Aug 9, 4:00 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2014

430 by Rizsen »»
Aug 7, 11:26 AM

» Worth watching while being spoiled?

Ghost_Davo - Jul 14

39 by did4375 »»
Jul 26, 6:31 AM

» What displeased you so much? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jul 6

52 by Joichi_joestar »»
Jul 24, 5:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.