Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
May 14, 2013 11:50 AM
Feb 2012
That settles it- Railgun S is taking my personal #1 spot for this season. I am impressed like I haven't been in a while by an anime. That was a truly amazing episode. 5/5
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
May 14, 2013 12:24 PM

Aug 2009
arena149 said:
dniv said:

After rewatching the episode a total of 13 times, I still think it's pretty much perfect lolz. My only concern if valid is that the subs quote Misaka 9982 as saying I think blah blah blah one time instead of saying Misaka thinks blah blah blah, but that is just being nitpicky, the Japanese dub did it correctly. They really did this episode perfectly. I am excited to see a similar level of animation for Index III, that would be crazy. The level of detail: like Uiharu's room is crazy if you pause each frame. Absolutely everything in the episode is of the highest quality and I mean putting endymion in the background for 3 episodes already is a nice touch as well. My only concern: can they top this performance. They made a pretty much perfect adaptation. If they adapt everything else perfectly than maybe: but it will be hard ;p.

Anyway, after seeing this we should all have faith. That was absolutely incredible.

Accelerator looks way better now with the new animation and we get to see an animated investigation of some of his backstory (not a lot of it), which is still very nice and enjoyable. I feel like Accelerator doesn't always take 5-30 minutes anyway. He can finish it in 5 seconds if he wanted to, he just takes longer (to level up). You haven't seen him when he's trying yet...

Manga spoiler
The one I read was the tankobon version.And I am sure it was the fan scalation.
May 14, 2013 2:20 PM

Mar 2012
ssjokg said:
The one I read was the tankobon version.And I am sure it was the fan scalation.

Yeah, Animum Mutare did the scans of the tankobon. However, he is also right that the version in the magazine before it was published in tankobon format was that short.
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
May 14, 2013 2:29 PM
Mar 2013
arena149 said:
dniv said:

After rewatching the episode a total of 13 times, I still think it's pretty much perfect lolz. My only concern if valid is that the subs quote Misaka 9982 as saying I think blah blah blah one time instead of saying Misaka thinks blah blah blah, but that is just being nitpicky, the Japanese dub did it correctly. They really did this episode perfectly. I am excited to see a similar level of animation for Index III, that would be crazy. The level of detail: like Uiharu's room is crazy if you pause each frame. Absolutely everything in the episode is of the highest quality and I mean putting endymion in the background for 3 episodes already is a nice touch as well. My only concern: can they top this performance. They made a pretty much perfect adaptation. If they adapt everything else perfectly than maybe: but it will be hard ;p.

Anyway, after seeing this we should all have faith. That was absolutely incredible.

Accelerator looks way better now with the new animation and we get to see an animated investigation of some of his backstory (not a lot of it), which is still very nice and enjoyable. I feel like Accelerator doesn't always take 5-30 minutes anyway. He can finish it in 5 seconds if he wanted to, he just takes longer (to level up). You haven't seen him when he's trying yet...

Manga spoiler

Thank you so much!!!! I didn't know this. This makes me very happy! This is definitely not in the scanlation lolz @ssjokg, but if you did read this somewhere I'd be happy to see :). It was definitely shorter in all of the scanlations I read. That's super cool actually. I really would like to see that animated very much. I love more accelerator backstory. Is this in the translated manga volumes tankobon in the US as well? Or is this coming to the US? I haven't actually bought the volumes yet, but am planning to do so.

This is great news; I appreciate the information. And by the way, I found info that says this is certainly true. This is from toarumajutsunoindexwikia about railgun volume 06:

@CreationBreaker? Where did you find this?

GuiltyKing said:
That settles it- Railgun S is taking my personal #1 spot for this season. I am impressed like I haven't been in a while by an anime. That was a truly amazing episode. 5/5

Happy to hear it :)
dnivMay 17, 2013 2:36 AM
May 14, 2013 2:32 PM

Aug 2009
dniv said:
arena149 said:
dniv said:

Manga spoiler

Thank you so much!!!! I didn't know this. This makes me very happy! This is definitely not in the scanlation lolz @ssjokg, but if you did read this somewhere I'd be happy to see :). It was definitely shorter in all of the scanlations I read. That's super cool actually. I really would like to see that animated very much. I love more accelerator backstory. Is this in the translated manga volumes tankobon in the US as well? Or is this coming to the US? I haven't actually bought the volumes yet, but am planning to do so.

This is great news; I appreciate the information. And by the way, I found info that says this is certainly true. This is from toarumajutsunoindexwikia about railgun volume 06:

GuiltyKing said:

I downloaded the volume from mangatraders.Actually I download every series from there.
May 14, 2013 2:40 PM
Mar 2013
ssjokg said:
dniv said:
arena149 said:
dniv said:

Manga spoiler

GuiltyKing said:

I downloaded the volume from mangatraders.Actually I download every series from there.

Oh cool. Ok. Is there a way of reading without downloading?...
May 14, 2013 2:53 PM

Aug 2009
dniv said:
ssjokg said:
dniv said:
arena149 said:
dniv said:

Manga spoiler

GuiltyKing said:

Oh cool. Ok. Is there a way of reading without downloading?...
Click on the"eye" button next to the file name.
May 14, 2013 4:50 PM

Mar 2012
dniv said:

Where did I find what?
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
May 15, 2013 5:41 PM
Nov 2012
I have to say, I'm really pleased with the way this show is going. I thought the first series was entertaining, but I was upset with how much filler and ridiculous/pointless story arcs. I am so glad that this series has a somewhat darker tone to it, and actually has a set story line and gets straight to the point.
May 16, 2013 1:11 PM

Aug 2008
FUUUUUUUUUUUU
I admit I got a little emotional at the end. It's like watching Mikoto being torn apart. D:
It's amazing how invested I was even though I already know what's going to happen to 9982. I didn't feel that way with 10032 or the other clones.
DAMN YOU ACCELERATOR DAMN YOU!! kidding I love you too

And the bgm in this episode is top-notch. Especially the one with the guitar riff. ♥
May 16, 2013 7:19 PM

Feb 2013
MellowJello said:
Well then.

This show just got unexpectedly dark.

My thoughts exactly! After watching Railgun season 1 which was so light-hearted and stuff and first chapters of S and suddenly THIS.

Loving it though!
May 17, 2013 1:18 AM
Jan 2012
This episode clearly shows why i hate accelerator so much and pretty much keeps me from having toaru even close to my top 50 anime, overpowered albino bastard who goes around killing clearly way weaker girls than him in horrible ways as he tortures them like some psycho. And for some reason the creator decided to try to redeem him by living with a loli version of the girls he kills brutally and try to make him an anti-hero (putting him way too much in the spotlight)......i would say that it would be as stupid as having the joker turning into a dangerous anti-hero, but this punk is nowhere in the same league since when the clown prince of crime actually is entertaining and scary to watch, this loser just has a stupid laugh........but besides that i was a damn good episode. Can't wait to see how they will handle touma kicking his ass here (if they do).
May 17, 2013 2:40 AM
Mar 2013
ironherc said:
This episode clearly shows why i hate accelerator so much and pretty much keeps me from having toaru even close to my top 50 anime, overpowered albino bastard who goes around killing clearly way weaker girls than him in horrible ways as he tortures them like some psycho. And for some reason the creator decided to try to redeem him by living with a loli version of the girls he kills brutally and try to make him an anti-hero (putting him way too much in the spotlight)......i would say that it would be as stupid as having the joker turning into a dangerous anti-hero, but this punk is nowhere in the same league since when the clown prince of crime actually is entertaining and scary to watch, this loser just has a stupid laugh........but besides that i was a damn good episode. Can't wait to see how they will handle touma kicking his ass here (if they do).

Right... that's why Accelerator is third most popular LN character usually... because he's really badly made and his character development makes no sense. Obviously the author isn't trying to send some message about the fact that anyone can atone for what they did especially someone who is manipulated and turned into a monster and who makes it their absolute goal to deny their fate... right... someone like that has no depth...

But I can see why you wouldn't like him beating up on misaka... But then again... that's just your opinion.

Yes, we will see Touma doing that because its in the manga so at find solace in that.
May 17, 2013 7:49 AM

Aug 2009
dniv said:
ironherc said:

Right... that's why Accelerator is third most popular LN character usually... because he's really badly made and his character development makes no sense. Obviously the author isn't trying to send some message about the fact that anyone can atone for what they did especially someone who is manipulated and turned into a monster and who makes it their absolute goal to deny their fate... right... someone like that has no depth...

But I can see why you wouldn't like him beating up on misaka... But then again... that's just your opinion.

Yes, we will see Touma doing that because its in the manga so at find solace in that.

What do you expect from someone that places The Joker and Accelerator in the same boat.Two entirely different characters,with different goals,entirely different past and entirely different mentality.
May 17, 2013 3:01 PM
Jul 2010
5/5

that scene where MISAKA 9982 held the badge broke my heart...

going to have to wait for next episode to see misaka fight accelerator...

also...waiting on touma to give accelerator the 'punch'.
May 17, 2013 4:41 PM

Jul 2010
Loved it, I haven't seen much of Index so this was the first time I actually saw Accelerator in action, pretty damn awesome if you ask me :)

But can someone explain why he needs to kill the Misaka Sister Clones 182 times? I mean, can't he just fight the strongest, let her rest to "repair/heal" and fight her again? Why do they have to use 20.000 clones? And why acutally? Can't he directly face off the other Level 5 espers, in a forced fight if they won't fight/duel willingly, but without killing them? Wouldn't that be waaay more efficient to let him fight the other Level 5'ers instead of killing level 2 or 3 clones?...
May 17, 2013 4:47 PM

Mar 2012
Animefanx3 said:
Loved it, I haven't seen much of Index so this was the first time I actually saw Accelerator in action, pretty damn awesome if you ask me :)

But can someone explain why he needs to kill the Misaka Sister Clones 182 times? I mean, can't he just fight the strongest, let her rest to "repair/heal" and fight her again? Why do they have to use 20.000 clones? And why acutally? Can't he directly face off the other Level 5 espers, in a forced fight if they won't fight/duel willingly, but without killing them? Wouldn't that be waaay more efficient to let him fight the other Level 5'ers instead of killing level 2 or 3 clones?...
He have to kill 128 Railgun acording to tree diagram to become level 6. Since tree diagram is a absolute super computer that have 100% acuracy. And since clone action was controlable unlike another level 5 it was easiest to achive this way.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 17, 2013 5:58 PM
Dec 2012
fucking hate accelerator , well i guess i can forgive him in Index serie when he save last order but WTF why touma can't punch him to death
May 18, 2013 3:19 AM
Mar 2013
pokpokza said:
fucking hate accelerator , well i guess i can forgive him in Index serie when he save last order but WTF why touma can't punch him to death

Lol, I feel the same way. I felt even more so after episode 6...
May 18, 2013 3:30 AM

Aug 2009
Animefanx3 said:

You have it a bit wrong.He has to kill Misaka Mikoto the Railgun 128 times not the Sisters.Since it isnt possible to create a clone that is a level 5 he has to kill 20000 clones of Level 2-3.He has to kill them/her because otherwise it wouldnt be a serious fight so no progress would be made and except from Mikoto and maybe the #7, the rest dont hesitate to kill(#6 is still unknown so I cant tell till I finish at least the latest volume that is being translated).He cant fight the other five Level 5s for the same reason he cant fight Mikoto.

The reason the Railgun the #3 was intended to be used instead of the #2 was that
.The Sisters were created from another project so it doesnt matter but still they are the best choice compared to the rest of the Level 5s.
May 18, 2013 9:35 PM

Oct 2011
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! D: I forgot how sad and cruel this arc was. I was crying throughout the whole fight. I love MISAKA, she has that dry humor and seeing her and Mikoto interact is the most entertaining thing. And then that BASTARD tortures and kills her. Hate accelerator so much. I agree with a comment above that they tried to make him an anti-hero by having Last Order at his side. But to me he's the definition of evil.
LuxtressMay 18, 2013 9:40 PM
May 18, 2013 11:47 PM

Aug 2009
Erzaa said:
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! D: I forgot how sad and cruel this arc was. I was crying throughout the whole fight. I love MISAKA, she has that dry humor and seeing her and Mikoto interact is the most entertaining thing. And then that BASTARD tortures and kills her. Hate accelerator so much. I agree with a comment above that they tried to make him an anti-hero by having Last Order at his side. But to me he's the definition of evil.
If Accelerator was the definition of evil then the world would be a very VERY beautiful place.
May 18, 2013 11:53 PM

Apr 2011
My god Railgun is so god damn good. Seriously, that episode was soooo perfect. BRB gonna go re-watch it.
May 19, 2013 4:17 AM
Mar 2013
ssjokg said:
Erzaa said:
If Accelerator was the definition of evil then the world would be a very VERY beautiful place.

Anyway, for those people hating on Accelerator and not able to understand him as a character. I am making another thread and will put a link here. It has some spoilers to his backstory which explains why one can definitely understand how we turned out. I am not justifying his actions by saying they are good; I am justifying why he would do them. It also explains some other things... so just check out this link if you are interested and hate Accelerator too much...
May 21, 2013 7:35 PM

Mar 2011
6/5. simply epic episode. this season is doing the impossible by surpassing my hopes & expectations.
May 27, 2013 5:38 AM

Jan 2008
Sh!t the leg. Nice angle shots without having to resort to obvious censorship. This is a Toaru project afterall. ^^ I forgot to recall if this experiment scene was also as detailed in Index.
May 27, 2013 5:40 AM

Aug 2009
Lieila said:
Sh!t the leg. Nice angle shots without having to resort to obvious censorship. This is a Toaru project afterall. ^^ I forgot to recall if this experiment scene was also detailed in Index.
It wasnt in Index because in Index we see only the last days of it.
May 27, 2013 6:12 AM

Jan 2008
@ssjokg
Hmm, was that day when Touma appeared in the fight scene, right?
Ah, I got it mixed up. This experiment scene here is where Biribiri appeared instead.
May 27, 2013 6:17 AM

Aug 2009
Lieila said:
@ssjokg
Hmm, was that day when Touma appeared in the fight scene, right?
Ah, I got it mixed up. This experiment scene here is where Biribiri appeared instead.

ep5 of Railgun is August 15.Touma gets involved in August 20.
May 27, 2013 6:23 AM

Jan 2008
@ssjokg
Ah, I see. Thanks a lot for clarifying, man.
May 30, 2013 1:13 AM
May 2013
This episode is far beyond my expectations.
And Mikoto please hold on! Love U!
Jun 7, 2013 12:03 PM
Feb 2013
Bilibillimisaka said:
This episode is far beyond my expectations.
And Mikoto please hold on! Love U!

Me too am pleasantly surprised. At first I thought it a somewhat ordinary shoujo-slice-of-life like series which sometimes got pretty tedious/boring. But it really got drastically better, these last episodes. Darker, more action, more suspense, more characterisation, more of an actual story. Yes, it has dramatically improved on almost all fronts, and I'm really looking forward to the next episodes.
Jun 21, 2013 10:55 PM
Jan 2013
dniv said:

ZXC741ASD852QWE963

Is simple:

ZXC (first three letters on the bottom row of a keyboard)
741 (spaced by three)
ASD (first three letters on the second row of a keyboard)
852 (spaced by three each one is one more than before)
QWE (first three letters on the top row of a keyboard)
963 (spaced by three each one is one more than before)

This is a bad pass-code even though I'm being pretty nitpicky. It's easy to come up with and to remember, and it should be relatively simple to crack... (I'm a math major lolz)

It's not a passcode, it's a reference that asks for a password. That is, it's the sign of a sign/countersign.
The numerals are the same pattern as the letters, rotated 90 degrees, on the 10-key keypad.
And since the pattern doesn't use any common patterns from the user's language, it's not all that easy to guess, so it might make a better password than you'd think.

Man, when Biribiri got left the phone booth, I would have started crying if they hadn't cut to a commercial. This season is truly the best of this series.

When Accel is on the screen, he just bores me as a character. Then he starts fighting, and he just disgusts me.
skreyolaJun 21, 2013 11:00 PM
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Jun 22, 2013 2:26 AM

Aug 2009
skreyola said:
dniv said:

ZXC741ASD852QWE963

Is simple:

741 (spaced by three)

This is a bad pass-code even though I'm being pretty nitpicky. It's easy to come up with and to remember, and it should be relatively simple to crack... (I'm a math major lolz)

It's not a passcode, it's a reference that asks for a password. That is, it's the sign of a sign/countersign.
The numerals are the same pattern as the letters, rotated 90 degrees, on the 10-key keypad.
And since the pattern doesn't use any common patterns from the user's language, it's not all that easy to guess, so it might make a better password than you'd think.

Man, when Biribiri got left the phone booth, I would have started crying if they hadn't cut to a commercial. This season is truly the best of this series.

When Accel is on the screen, he just bores me as a character. Then he starts fighting, and he just disgusts me.

You have seen at least Index I and you find him boring?What does that make of Mikasa and half or Railgun's cast?
Jun 23, 2013 1:28 AM
Mar 2013
skreyola said:
dniv said:

ZXC741ASD852QWE963

Is simple:

741 (spaced by three)

Actually, here it's a reference to a particular level of security in academy city. Furthermore, it is this experiments' security pass-code. Finally, the way it actually works is just by replying to that code. All I was saying is that it was pretty simple to figure out what level of clearance code it was: not how to break the code (I don't see why Misaka had to ask Uiharu for what level of security code it was). Misaka Mikoto is a sort of Genius, she would much more easily break a code like that than I could. I was talking about the rank of encryption of the code.

Sorry for not specifying :D

BTW: I can see why you don't like Accel here. However, he is doing his job if you are being disgusted by how he fights. That's the goal :D
Jun 23, 2013 9:57 AM

Aug 2009
dniv said:
skreyola said:
dniv said:

ZXC741ASD852QWE963

Is simple:

741 (spaced by three)

Actually, here it's a reference to a particular level of security in academy city. Furthermore, it is this experiments' security pass-code. Finally, the way it actually works is just by replying to that code. All I was saying is that it was pretty simple to figure out what level of clearance code it was: not how to break the code (I don't see why Misaka had to ask Uiharu for what level of security code it was). Misaka Mikoto is a sort of Genius, she would much more easily break a code like that than I could. I was talking about the rank of encryption of the code.

BTW: I can see why you don't like Accel here. However, he is doing his job if you are being disgusted by how he fights. That's the goal :D

I am amazed that people find boring what makes this arc so good.Because obviously if we had some no name trash killing the Sisters,making it easy for Mikoto to kill him/her,it would make this arc so much better.
Jun 29, 2013 6:39 PM

May 2013
damn poor clone misaki she just died right away
Jul 24, 2013 7:04 PM

Jul 2012
Poor Clone D:
Jul 26, 2013 1:07 AM
Mar 2013
ssjokg said:
dniv said:
skreyola said:
dniv said:

ZXC741ASD852QWE963

Is simple:

741 (spaced by three)

I am amazed that people find boring what makes this arc so good.Because obviously if we had some no name trash killing the Sisters,making it easy for Mikoto to kill him/her,it would make this arc so much better.

Granted: before you get to know him, he does kind of annoy you as a character :p (If you liked him immediately without LN, I'm not sure that's a good thing lol)
Jul 26, 2013 3:14 AM

Aug 2009
dniv said:
ssjokg said:
dniv said:
skreyola said:
dniv said:

ZXC741ASD852QWE963

Is simple:

741 (spaced by three)

Granted: before you get to know him, he does kind of annoy you as a character :p (If you liked him immediately without LN, I'm not sure that's a good thing lol)
liking him or not has nothing to do with being boring.
Jul 26, 2013 9:21 AM
Mar 2013
ssjokg said:
dniv said:
ssjokg said:
dniv said:
skreyola said:
dniv said:

ZXC741ASD852QWE963

Is simple:

741 (spaced by three)

liking him or not has nothing to do with being boring.

True. :p
Aug 20, 2013 2:44 PM

Apr 2012
Am I the only one wondering how Misaka was able to find the exact alley where her clone went?
Aug 25, 2013 9:07 PM

Jun 2010
Just hearing accelerators voice brought a smile to my face priceless next episode's gona be good two lvl 5's against each other who will win !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Sep 25, 2013 9:10 PM

Sep 2011
Now THAT was THE new best episode of the Railgun series so far.

From beginning to end, just pure epicness! I said it, pure freaking EPICNESS!
Sep 30, 2013 8:18 AM

May 2012
We finally came to the point where the last season ended! And boy was this episode good! Funny, full of action and just an awesome cliffhanger! Poor Misaka's clone!

Lets see what's next!
Oct 20, 2013 11:29 AM

Sep 2011
I'm kinda confused with the timeline between Index and Railgun... Well, that doesn't matter I guess.

Anyway, finally this is what I'm waiting for. Misaka vs Accelerator.

Oct 27, 2013 3:17 AM

Dec 2010
I didn't expect as brutal episode from this anime, but Misaka 9982's death felt sad so sad, because despite she got introduced in the very same episode she successfuly kinda won my sympathy.
Oct 28, 2013 10:31 AM

Sep 2013
Dude... screw Accelerator... seriously!
Time is money, but money won't turn back the clock.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2013

372 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 10, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

120 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 10, 1:23 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2013

100 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 9, 5:40 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2013

126 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 8, 5:38 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2013

105 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 8, 5:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.