Forum Settings
Forums

Have you ever dropped an anime because of "spoiler"?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 4, 2014 2:56 AM

Jan 2014
Haven't dropped an anime yet because of spoilers, but it did make me consider not starting an anime, like Clannad. While browsing youtube carelessly for cool AMV's I stumbled across an AMV that pretty much spoiled me quite a few major events in Clannad and AS. Not sure if I still want to start it now >.<
Mar 4, 2014 7:26 AM

Jan 2014
Yes, I had.

Mar 4, 2014 7:28 AM

Jun 2011
tsudecimo said:
Nicobade said:

Naruto's pacing in terms of chapter to episode ratio is average at best. Naruto in total has 1.6 chapters=1 episode ratio which is better than something like One Piece which is at 1.3 chapters=1 episodes but no where close to some other long running shonen. Fairy Tail has a ratio of about 2.1 chapters=1 episode and ironically enough HunterxHunter has one of the highest being around 2.4 chapters=1 episode which is almost as high as Bleach when it was airing.

I said aside from fillers and padding. HxH has the highest ratio because it's a remake, it has no padding. Naruto in particular has a lot of padding, more so than Bleach even though they are adapted by the same studio, or at least that's what I remember and from me currently re-watching Bleach.

Well it not like I was stating Naruto having the best pacing as a fact. It's what I felt. When there was no padding, it felt the fastest.

That could mainly be said because a lot more can happen in a chapter of Naruto/One Piece than in Bleach. Heck, if they adapted 1 chapter/episode in Bleach then it the padding would be unbearable.

Mar 4, 2014 7:34 AM

Feb 2013
Nah. If I stumble accross spoilers, I just get more interested in catching up with the series to find out more about it. Someone spoiled me Code Geass, but I still enjoyed it.

Depends on the individual, I think. Some people prefer watching something blindly without knowing anything beforehand (which I like too). However, others don't really mind it if it isn't the entire story down the drain.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Mar 4, 2014 7:34 AM

Aug 2013
Fortunately I haven't yet.

I would say closest I have been to dropping because of spoilers is Btooom! because the of previews at the end of the episodes...Why anime do this is beyond me.
Mar 4, 2014 8:54 AM
Jul 2018
Dropped no, because I refuse to ever drop anime. Due to my stubborn nature, I will finish it no matter what. Lower the entertainment value however, yes. Spoilers can easily put a damper on the amount of enjoyment I feel when watching a show, especially if said spoiler was integral to the plot/ending or a characters past to present actions.
Mar 4, 2014 12:24 PM

May 2009
I'm usually indifferent towards spoilers.

For instance, I already knew about some plot developments in Clannad AS and how it would end before I watched the show, yet when I reached those points, I still got very emotional.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2014 5:23 AM

Oct 2010
No. But I really get so pissed off when someone is spoiling about this and that. T___T
Mar 8, 2014 5:33 AM
Oct 2010
Negative, if the show is good enough I generally forget about the spoiler.
Mar 8, 2014 6:57 AM
Dec 2013
Nope, spoilers can't stop me.
Mar 8, 2014 7:13 AM

Dec 2013
Death note yep. But I'll rewatch anyway.
Mar 8, 2014 7:31 AM

Jan 2014
Nope. Couldn't care less. Awful memory helps, too.
Mar 8, 2014 1:07 PM

Jun 2011
I was spoiled the ending of Death Note but I didn't drop it.

Mar 8, 2014 1:43 PM

Feb 2013
Death Note was spoiled for me and I still enjoyed watching it. Something that happens later on in One Piece has been spoiled for me about 300 times now and I plan on watching all of it.
Mar 8, 2014 1:46 PM

Sep 2011
i almost dropped ippo when i heard the spoiler that ippo only loses

thankfully the characters are so lovable and every other character's fights are still in the dark to me so i can still enjoy it, though its a shame i cant experience the intensity of the some of the pre spoiler fights again

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 8, 2014 1:47 PM

Apr 2013
Yhuuro said:
Haven't dropped an anime yet because of spoilers, but it did make me consider not starting an anime, like Clannad. While browsing youtube carelessly for cool AMV's I stumbled across an AMV that pretty much spoiled me quite a few major events in Clannad and AS. Not sure if I still want to start it now >.<

Don't watch it. Clannad is one of those shows you don't want to be spoiled on. It completely ruins any enjoyment Also Clannad sucks
Mar 8, 2014 2:35 PM
Jan 2014
Nope. Sometimes I tend to read spoilers if the anime i'm watching is not able to captivate me.
Mar 8, 2014 2:38 PM

Sep 2011
NaruFreak26 said:
Nope, spoilers can't stop me.

Yup.

Mar 8, 2014 2:44 PM
Oct 2010
No. Sometimes spoilers even help me continue watching a show if I find myself losing interest in it.
Mar 8, 2014 3:07 PM

Apr 2013
I do sometimes if the spoiler is big. I then leave it alone until I forget about the spoiler, and then forget that I ever dropped it because of a spoiler, and look at the title wondering why the heck I stopped watching/reading somewhere in the middle.
Mar 8, 2014 3:13 PM

Nov 2013
well everyone knew the ending of fate/stay night but everyone watched it anyways
Mar 8, 2014 4:33 PM

Oct 2011
I won't give up on something because of a spoiler but I'll still be really bitter about it.........
Anyway, you shouldn't drop Death Note, the story is pretty good and I was able to predict what happened as I was watching anyway, so I'm sure you would have figured it out too. Knowing the outcome won't ruin the story
Mar 8, 2014 8:00 PM

Jan 2013
peeyaj said:

First of all put that in a fucking spoiler tag.

Second, DON'T drop Code Geass or Death Note. Even with knowing a few things both anime are worth watching.

Shit, I knew a few spoilers in Steins;Gate:
but I still enjoyed the anime immensely. Same with Clannad AS.

Also any anime fan should know that you NEVER read youtube comments on a video of an anime/manga you haven't seen yet.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2014 10:52 PM

Aug 2013
peeyaj said:
Have you dropped an anime because you already knew the plot and revelations thanks to intentionally/unintentionally reading the spoiler?

I am thinking of dropping Death Note because
, thanks to a certain post I have read. Probably, I will come back to it.. But shucks, I am already "spoiled".. :(

How about you? Is reading spoilers detriment in your anime viewing?
Or you can still watch it even you know how it ends?

First off no. I always keep watching although I'm very good about staying away from spoilers.

Second off, don't drop Death Note. Had someone say something very similar to me before coming into Death note and you know what? Didn't even matter. Things still played out in a really thematically sound, interestingly written, and unique way as to where knowing the spoiler didn't detract from my experience all that much.
Mar 8, 2014 10:57 PM

Feb 2014
For me no, if I am spoiled I even get more curious as to what really happened so I watch it.

Mar 8, 2014 11:02 PM

Nov 2010
Nope, never dropped an anime even if I wasn't spoiled.
Mar 8, 2014 11:09 PM

Mar 2012
I'm actively searching for spoiler not avoiding it.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Mar 9, 2014 1:55 AM

Jun 2013
JizzyHitler said:

thankfully the characters are so lovable and every other character's fights are still in the dark to me so i can still enjoy it, though its a shame i cant experience the intensity of the some of the pre spoiler fights again

Well, when I heard about that loss, I felt devastated as well. I just couldn't get into it. But as soon as next fight started, and he used his flashy ultimate move, I started watching it all over again. For me, it was worth it.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Mar 9, 2014 8:09 AM

Jan 2014
Actually, im usually tempted to start an anime once someone spoils it for me. I just cant stand knowing only that one thing about it, i have to fully understand why and how the spoiler occured.
Mar 9, 2014 8:41 AM

Jan 2013
No I tend to seek out spoilers. Hearing isn't the same as seeing, so it doesn't bother me, but lets me know its worth my time.

For Example Bleach and Naruto spoilers have saved me from seeing a bit of the current stupidity.
Mar 9, 2014 8:53 AM

Jul 2012
Mugen-No-Ou said:
Actually, im usually tempted to start an anime once someone spoils it for me. I just cant stand knowing only that one thing about it, i have to fully understand why and how the spoiler occured.

^
Mar 9, 2014 8:57 AM

Sep 2011
Dimitrije1606 said:
JizzyHitler said:

Well, when I heard about that loss, I felt devastated as well. I just couldn't get into it. But as soon as next fight started, and he used his flashy ultimate move, I started watching it all over again. For me, it was worth it.

*spoilers up to new challenger*
JizzyHitlerMar 9, 2014 9:04 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 9, 2014 10:27 AM

Nov 2013
I tried to avoid them as much as I could but no chance ?! Some spoilers about Zetsuen No Tempest made me stop watching it but I didn't drop it, not yet, I'm just not certain if I would feel excited while watching when I already know how the story will turn out.

Mar 9, 2014 11:31 AM

Dec 2012
I think about not watching an Anime because I accidentally read its spoiler, but I usually forget what I read the next day. So no harm done. =^-^=
But even if I did remember, like Death Note (I haven't watched it yet because I know what happens sadly..), I will still watch it at some point.
Mar 9, 2014 2:31 PM

Feb 2014
If somone spoils a series for me, i want to watch it even more. So I know how it all happened.
Mar 9, 2014 9:21 PM

Mar 2014
I don't care about spoilers at all
Mar 10, 2014 1:31 PM

Mar 2014
Only if there's a REALLY bad thing I get spoiled about that would ruin the show for me.
Example:
Mar 10, 2014 2:20 PM

Jan 2014
Iif an anime doesn't interest me enough, I'll read a detailed plot summary to see if it's worth my time to watch it to the end. If it isn't, I just drop it. So yes, I have dropped anime because of spoilers, even if they were intentional.
Lord_SandwichMar 10, 2014 2:29 PM
  ▲
▲ ▲

Newfags can't triforce.
Mar 10, 2014 3:13 PM
Jul 2018
Nope. I got spoiled a lot because of those stupid suggested videos on Youtube of a character dying.
Mar 10, 2014 3:28 PM

Mar 2014
I put on hold watching TTGL cuz a significant event was spoiled for me
Mar 10, 2014 3:36 PM

Dec 2012
Will never bother picking up Clannad After Story because Snape kills Dumbledore.
Mar 10, 2014 3:50 PM
Aug 2013
Well, I'm never gonna be able to watch Code Geass
Mar 10, 2014 4:06 PM

Sep 2013
Nah. I watched Geass and Anohana spoiled. And just today, I spoiled myself with the ending of Golden Time lol.
This is a signature.
Mar 10, 2014 5:20 PM

Jun 2012
I don't mind spoilers at all. In fact, if i'm interested in a show i like getting spoiled about it first. Specially when it comes to romantic issues.
The only True Ending is the Harem Ending.
Mar 10, 2014 6:34 PM

May 2013
I don't drop, just put them off for a while. That was why it took me so long to watch Madoka, and why it wasn't as enjoyable as it should have been.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Mar 10, 2014 6:44 PM

Jan 2014
I wouldn't drop a series because of a spoiler, i mean it could still be a great series, like many people said about clannad:

so id do what most people do and wait, but sometimes a spoiler can make you want to watch
Mar 10, 2014 7:50 PM
Jul 2018
Not usually. I usually just get excited for the spoiler to happen.

Only once did a spoiler completely put me off of the show and I dropped it right away. Vampire Knight.
Mar 10, 2014 9:50 PM

Aug 2013
Code Geass was spoiled for me and I'm watching it right now anyways.

It makes the show a bit less entertaining because I already know what's coming though...

Ironically, if I could have chosen one show on my "plan to watch" list to NOT be spoiled for me, it would've been Code Geass.... FML.
Mar 10, 2014 10:25 PM
Mar 2014
almost dropped tenshi na konamaiki because i was dumb enough to read the section about the end... just about killed it for me.
all alone...
Mar 11, 2014 3:29 AM
May 2013
I was going to drop AoT until forgot, but I continued anyway and it turned out I had mixed up the characters and was suprised anyway...Other than that I haven't even thought about dropping a series due to spoilers
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» What anime would be better if it killed off its main character in order for the secondary main character to shine?

Catalano - 12 minutes ago

3 by Catalano »»
2 minutes ago

» Who is the most attractive anime character?

Rally- - Sep 26

35 by DesuMaiden »»
4 minutes ago

» Why does MAL still use Romaji for Anime Titles When not even the japanese do??? ( 1 2 3 )

Cestlavie_ - Yesterday

121 by Cestlavie_ »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » is there less demand for ecchi, hentai, sexual fanservice this days?

deg - 2 hours ago

10 by Catalano »»
8 minutes ago

» Why doesn't most psychological anime explore the psyche of their characters?

Deathlydash - Sep 22

13 by RainyEvenings »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.