Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 13, 2014 12:31 PM

Sep 2008
waykaon said:
1.) Ofunehiki was not done to stop hibernation. Even Uroko-sama said that it will not stop the hibernation. Ofunehiki festival 1st happen because the 1st ancestor of the people of the land which came from the sea was having a hard time living in the land. For this they held the Ofunehiki so that they can have blessing of the sea god to have a bountiful harvest in exchange for woman to be married to the sea. god. It was only naive thinking of hikari and people of the land that it will stop the hibernation.

Oh! Right!
Now I remember it!
Sorry...
Feb 13, 2014 12:39 PM
Oct 2012
babymilo91 said:
Can't believe Chisaki still has feelings for Hikari. That love triangle between her, Tsumugu, and Kaname. I hope that Manaka will wake up soon.

Well, to be fair to Chisaki, she never got resolution or closure with Hikari. Think of it like a woman whose first love is killed in war, they never forget though sometimes they do move on. To make matters worse for Chisaki, she knew that Hikari was not dead but that he could return at any moment, and to top things off, his disappearance was coupled with her losing everything and everyone she held dear (including her parents).

Quite a lot to happen in a single day, is it really a surprise she is emotionally messed up. This is why she couldn't move on with Tsumugu, even though it is obvious that they both really love each other (its also why Tsumugu could never make an advance with Chisaki, he knows this, but this taps into his own insecurity about being an outsider). And now she has a chance to recover everything that she had lost? That is screwing her up even more, and Kaname as always isn't helping matters, he keeps trying to pull her to him, preventing her from moving forward.

When Chisaki say she loves Hikari, what she is really saying is that she wants a return to the way things were before the accident. But she can't go back, they can't go back. She has to come to grips that they have changed (which isn't easy when they hadn't with Hikari and Kaname) so that she can move on. This is where Manaka could help, because despite not aging, Manaka has undoubtedly changed, that Manaka has changed (which was true before the accident, but now she has to show it to the others), will be what allows Hikari to move on, Kaname to move on, and Miuna to move on.

The villagers weren't the only thing that was frozen in time, but now spring has to come.
Takuan_SohoFeb 13, 2014 12:43 PM
Feb 13, 2014 12:45 PM

Feb 2012
Lol at white knight Kaname.
Tsumugu needs to end up with Chisaki in the end.
Feb 13, 2014 12:51 PM

Aug 2013
That lonely housewife line XD
Hang in there Tsumugu I'm sure your feeling will reach Chisaki :)
Feb 13, 2014 12:52 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
To everyone hating on Chisaki or frustrated at how she said she still likes Hikari after all, you should read Takuan_Soho's post :)

I like the way this episode began and ended. It began with Chisaki's flashback of the past and ended with a similar situation. I really love Chisaki and Hikari moments because it feels so natural (can't think of a better word to convey my thoughts...). So Hikari's going to look for Uroko-sama now? I wonder why Uroko-sama won't show himself to them and only to Miuna in the last episode. Well I'll be looking forward to them being able to confront Uroko-sama.

Ahh the Tsumugu scene with sleeping Chisaki made my heart skip. It was obvious before, but I'm glad he and Kaname had that talk.

Also, lol at Chisaki trying on her junior high uniform and then Tsumugu and Kaname barging in.
Feb 13, 2014 1:01 PM

Mar 2012
Is Tsumugu in love with Chisaki? It seems so.

Nagi no Asukara is love-love everywhere! That's great for me since I'm a romance sucker.

Tsumugu's grandfather told us the story of Umigami-sama, and from it we can expect this:
Hikari = Umigami
Manaka = the Girl
Tsumugu = Girl's Love
The thing that was stolen/lost = Ena
b1GZZFeb 13, 2014 1:08 PM
Feb 13, 2014 1:01 PM

Jan 2014
Oh, shit? More drama? LEGO! Manaka wake the fuck up please, hoe we need you. This show never cease to show the viewer how badass Hikari is; been saving hoes since day one. Tsumugu and Kaname both want Chisaki, but she still loves Hikari. HA! Ima eat all this drama and romance up.

~ k, time to hibernate till next week. pce.
Feb 13, 2014 1:06 PM

Feb 2013
I can't wait to see how everyone will end.
Feb 13, 2014 1:10 PM

Apr 2010
So much rage with this episode.

The more I watch, more I'm starting to believe at Chisaki is damaged goods. Using the whole time frozen to convince herself she still loves Hikari is an excuse and major cop out. I guess all the time she spend with Tsumugu really meant nothing at all.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but the only thing that got me interested was the potential showdown between Kaname and Tsumugu.
Feb 13, 2014 1:11 PM

Apr 2013
I'm kind of tired of the huge love chain going on, and how the chain is connected.

The thing about Kaname is, I think he didn't mean any of the things he said. In fact, I don't think Tsumugu believed him either. Kaname was simply just bitter and upset over the extenuating circumstances he was placed in.

I hope the time come soon, where the characters will take a step back and realize that things change, and although old feelings may remain, that doesn't mean new ones can't form.
Feb 13, 2014 1:13 PM

Jun 2013
Pretty good episode! Not the best, but pretty good...... Had some nice development between Chisaki and Hikari....... Im still torn on whether i want Manaka to wake up or not
Feb 13, 2014 1:13 PM

Jan 2013
Wow the testosterone was flowing in Kaname and Tsumugu. I think that is the first time I seen them spill their real feelings.

<3 Chisaki... I hope nothing bad happens to her but I have this weird feeling that something jsut might :(
Feb 13, 2014 1:18 PM

Oct 2010
LostForgotten1 said:
Madara31 said:
LostForgotten1 said:
Madara31 said:
LostForgotten1 said:
For those of you who say Kaname is an asshole. I don't think you have the right to say that he's an asshole, his reasoning is understandable. If he didn't save Tsumugu, he could have had a chance with Chisaki. Let me make this clearer, HIS DREAM GIRL! If you don't understand the power of love, i don't think you know what love is.
Just because it's "the power of love" doesn't mean he wasn't acting like an asshole. Love can make you do bad things, but just because you're acting out of love doesn't mean they weren't bad things. He considered letting someone, who hadn't even wronged him in anyway, die to advance his own selfish motives, that's a horrible thing to consider. It doesn't matter if it was his dream girl or not.

"I could have saved his life, but instead I let him die, even though he didn't do anything wrong, all so that I could have a better chance with this girl". That sounds like something a prick would say, no matter how you look at it.

It doesn't give him the right to let him die. However you can't say that we all don't have our own selfish greed and think about things like this. We all don't have pure thoughts 24/7 of the day. Kaname has been treated like dirt all the way up till now, hes tired of waiting for chisaki.Hes pursuing her now and letting his feelings try and be known.Hes not going down without a fight and you should respect that. Chisaki hasnt made it clear to the others about who she likes yet. It's not wrong for Kaname to fight for her.
No it's not wrong to fight for her, but he's being an asshole about it, that's all I'm saying. Nobody's perfect, but it just seems like Kaname's been slowly deteriorating into a less and less likable person ever since he confessed.

And this is just me, but although yes we all have our selfish greed and thoughts, I would never even think of letting an innocent person die, if I had the opportunity to save them, just to give my self a better CHANCE with someone. And it makes it even worse considering they were supposed to be friends. His friend was on the verge of death and he thought about leaving him. It's like ever since Kaname saw how well Tsumugu and Chisaki got along, he's treated Tsumugu like a stranger.

In the end, he didn't let the innocent person die though. He knew what was the right and wrong decision. That's why he helped save Tsumugu. In the end, Kaname has some right to be mad at Tsumugu. Kaname saving Tsumugu led to Tsumugu x Chisaki route and most likely ended his Kaname x Chisaki route.
You didn't really refute anything I said so... ok.
Feb 13, 2014 1:20 PM
Feb 2014
Kjeldoran said:
I doubt that thought actually ever crossed Kaname's mind at the time he saved Tsumugu. I got the impression that he wanted save Tsumugu at his own expense so that Chisaki would feel sorry for him, or that it would change something within her. Now that he's waken up, I think he has come to realize that not only did his "self sacrifice" do nothing to change her feelings towards him, but that it wouldn't have mattered if he got to spend the five years Tsumugu did with Chisaki. I think Kaname said something like that to Tsumugu only out of bitterness and jealousy. Considering his circumstances, I think he is acting perfectly in-character.

Actually, I wouldn't mind if Kaname doesn't end up with anyone in the end. At this point, paring him with Sayu would seem like an act of sympathy. Maybe if Sayu's relationship with Kaname changes from the "I thought he was cool and nice when I was younger" outlook; I mean, what does she really understand about him?

Actually, it would be an interesting turn everyone stays single due to the complex interrelationships...but I doubt that would happen.

Well that's only your impression.You have no proof to say that he saved tsumugu just to look better. Seriously i'm fed up with people trying to make Kaname look bad when he actually saved the guy.Just because he said something he shouldn't have doesn't mean he is Bad. I agree with people who say that Tsumugu is annoying.He's had it easy all the show and he messed up the relationship between Manaka and Hikari when he didn't even love her.He always loved Chisaki, it's obvious.If you don't belive me you can rewatch the show and you will see that he is different wiht her even before the timeskip.

The problem i have now is that the reason Manaka wanted to protect the surface is because of him.She wanted Tsumugu to feel safe and have a good life, when this never had feelings for her. So yeah the reason everyone went missing for years is partly due to him. (Hikari diving to save her and Kaname to save His ass)
Feb 13, 2014 1:21 PM
Feb 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
babymilo91 said:
Can't believe Chisaki still has feelings for Hikari. That love triangle between her, Tsumugu, and Kaname. I hope that Manaka will wake up soon.

Well, to be fair to Chisaki, she never got resolution or closure with Hikari. Think of it like a woman whose first love is killed in war, they never forget though sometimes they do move on. To make matters worse for Chisaki, she knew that Hikari was not dead but that he could return at any moment, and to top things off, his disappearance was coupled with her losing everything and everyone she held dear (including her parents).

Quite a lot to happen in a single day, is it really a surprise she is emotionally messed up. This is why she couldn't move on with Tsumugu, even though it is obvious that they both really love each other (its also why Tsumugu could never make an advance with Chisaki, he knows this, but this taps into his own insecurity about being an outsider). And now she has a chance to recover everything that she had lost? That is screwing her up even more, and Kaname as always isn't helping matters, he keeps trying to pull her to him, preventing her from moving forward.

When Chisaki say she loves Hikari, what she is really saying is that she wants a return to the way things were before the accident. But she can't go back, they can't go back. She has to come to grips that they have changed (which isn't easy when they hadn't with Hikari and Kaname) so that she can move on. This is where Manaka could help, because despite not aging, Manaka has undoubtedly changed, that Manaka has changed (which was true before the accident, but now she has to show it to the others), will be what allows Hikari to move on, Kaname to move on, and Miuna to move on.

The villagers weren't the only thing that was frozen in time, but now spring has to come.

ON POINT. Ugh I completely agree. This whole show is about the development of change between all of these characters, having the winter and resistance to change is all a part of life. Tsugumu is not perfect, he knows he's just an outsider to the four. He respects their relationships in a silent way.

Chisaki never wanted to change in the first place but yet she was the ONLY one who changed, physically while everyone else slept. Of course she would feel guilty and want the way things were back then. Having her realize her past emotions to Hikari were closure that she CAN feel the way she did back then after admiring Miuna's affection. She thought she could never look that way ever again after aging.
Feb 13, 2014 1:26 PM

Sep 2011
Here's my thoughts on the ships

Tsumugu x Chisaki: I think this is pretty much going to be canon now. Chisaki is currently confused knowing that Hikari is just a boy but yet still her 'first love'. Watching Miuna she realises she doesn't have the intensity of feelings for him that she did before but still likes him. As for Tsumigi x Manaka I don't think there has ever been any evidence that Tsumugu had feelings for Manaka.

Hikari x Manaka: It's either this or Hikari alone. He is a pretty determined guy. Plus I think that Manaka does like him, although the attraction of the fresh new guy over the static friendship shacked things up 5 years ago.

All the rest ... well they will just have to move on. However, I'm still not sure how the new info that was provided in this episode affects all this.
Feb 13, 2014 1:26 PM

Sep 2010
Wait wait, so will Hikari kiss Manaka in the next episode?? OH anime gods please let it happen.

Hikari continues to be my favourite character. I wish they had more Kaname, I want to see more of his character development.. But heck yes almost no Miuna this week. Today is great. And this episode was great. Hallelujah.
Feb 13, 2014 1:34 PM

Apr 2010
Madara31 said:
LostForgotten1 said:
Madara31 said:
LostForgotten1 said:
Madara31 said:
LostForgotten1 said:
For those of you who say Kaname is an asshole. I don't think you have the right to say that he's an asshole, his reasoning is understandable. If he didn't save Tsumugu, he could have had a chance with Chisaki. Let me make this clearer, HIS DREAM GIRL! If you don't understand the power of love, i don't think you know what love is.
Just because it's "the power of love" doesn't mean he wasn't acting like an asshole. Love can make you do bad things, but just because you're acting out of love doesn't mean they weren't bad things. He considered letting someone, who hadn't even wronged him in anyway, die to advance his own selfish motives, that's a horrible thing to consider. It doesn't matter if it was his dream girl or not.

"I could have saved his life, but instead I let him die, even though he didn't do anything wrong, all so that I could have a better chance with this girl". That sounds like something a prick would say, no matter how you look at it.

It doesn't give him the right to let him die. However you can't say that we all don't have our own selfish greed and think about things like this. We all don't have pure thoughts 24/7 of the day. Kaname has been treated like dirt all the way up till now, hes tired of waiting for chisaki.Hes pursuing her now and letting his feelings try and be known.Hes not going down without a fight and you should respect that. Chisaki hasnt made it clear to the others about who she likes yet. It's not wrong for Kaname to fight for her.
No it's not wrong to fight for her, but he's being an asshole about it, that's all I'm saying. Nobody's perfect, but it just seems like Kaname's been slowly deteriorating into a less and less likable person ever since he confessed.

And this is just me, but although yes we all have our selfish greed and thoughts, I would never even think of letting an innocent person die, if I had the opportunity to save them, just to give my self a better CHANCE with someone. And it makes it even worse considering they were supposed to be friends. His friend was on the verge of death and he thought about leaving him. It's like ever since Kaname saw how well Tsumugu and Chisaki got along, he's treated Tsumugu like a stranger.

In the end, he didn't let the innocent person die though. He knew what was the right and wrong decision. That's why he helped save Tsumugu. In the end, Kaname has some right to be mad at Tsumugu. Kaname saving Tsumugu led to Tsumugu x Chisaki route and most likely ended his Kaname x Chisaki route.
You didn't really refute anything I said so... ok.

I'll chime in on this discussion.

I think in the heat of the moment and emotions running high; Kaname said that, but didn't mean it. His angry and frustrated and sometimes you don't think before you something.

I would know, because me and my wife had the same thing happened at the beginning of the year where we said hurtful things to one another. But we made up and moved on. That's the feeling I'm getting from these two...
Feb 13, 2014 1:37 PM

Jan 2008
Since Miuna has ena now, and able to breath under the sea because of that...it's got me thinking. Since Tsumugu's grandfather was from Shioshishio, would that make him a candidate to be able to have ena as well (and any other descendants from Shioshishio like Akira)?

F*** Kaname and Hikari. Chisaki x Tsumugu OTP.
Feb 13, 2014 1:40 PM

Dec 2013
Oh, no no no. The end of the seagod story gave me such an Anohana vibe. I think there´s really a high chance that we will get a sad ending and everyone will end up alone.

Although it´s Hikari who´s my favourite character. I want more KanamexTsumuguxChisaki. They are the most interesting characters at the moment.

Tsumugu finally smiled and the scene between him and Kaname was the best in this episode. Finally both of them start to talk about their feelings. I hope we will see more in the next episodes.

Last but not least: Chisaki needs to move on, therefore Hikari needs to STOP! Chisaki has changed. Not only Tsumugu, but also Kaname notices she's an adult now (and said he likes 'older women'). Please, Chisaki listen to them!
If Hikari won´t stop saying that she hasn´t changed, I´m quite sure she will never move on and accept that she´s not living in the past anymore.

One more thing: I really hope that if Manaka wakes up, she won´t love Tsumugu anymore. If that happens than the love septagon will never resolve. I really hope the hibernation had an effect on her behaviour.
Ongaku008Feb 13, 2014 2:00 PM
Days need to be longer. 24 hours isn't enough ...
Feb 13, 2014 1:43 PM

Dec 2009
Hikari has grown so much <3
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Feb 13, 2014 1:50 PM
Jan 2013
Oky so Hikari likes Manaka, but Manaka seem to probably have feelings for Tsumugu, but now Tsumugu likes Chisaki who likes Hikari. And Kaname like Chisaki and also Sayu likes Kaname and Miuna also likes Hikari. Oh my god Its like a love spaghetti. Anyway i've been a fan of Hikari x Chisaki since the show started so its good to know that Chisaki still have some feelings for Hikari. AND FOR the people who speak of age in relation to love, CAN'T YOU GUYS LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE, Hikari even said " It's not about your position or your age is about how you feel." As long as you love someone you love, age does not matter
Feb 13, 2014 2:05 PM
Oct 2012
Ongaku008 said:
Oh, no no no. The end of seagod story gave me such an Anohana vibe. I think there´s really a high chance that we will get a sad ending and everyone will end up alone.

Although it´s Hikari who´s my favourite character. I want more KanamexTsumuguxChisaki. They are the most interesting characters at the moment.

Tsumugu finally smiled and the scene between him and Kaname was the best in this episode. Finally both of them start to talk about their feelings. I hope we will see more in the next episodes.

Last but not least: Chisaki needs to move on, therefore Hikari needs to STOP! Chisaki has changed. Not only Tsumugu, but also Kaname notices she's an adult now (and said he likes 'older women'). Please, Chisaki listen to them!
If Hikari won´t stop saying that she hasn´t changed, I´m quite sure she will never move on and accept that she´s not living in the past anymore.

One more thing: I really hope that if Manaka wakes up, she won´t love Tsumugu anymore. If that happens than the love septagon will never resolve.

While I don't need a happy ending, I will be bitterly disappointed with an "everyone is alone" route; that is not keeping with the theme of this show and would be in this case a troll ending. This is not to say that anyone here has to end up with anyone else, how many high school sweethearts/childhood friends actually get married, but they at least need to show them in the future, after they moved on with who they did decide to end up with (not saying this will be the ending, just saying if they go that route they better show it).

I explained Chisaki last page; for Hikari I would say that he needs Chisaki to accept that things have changed before he can confront his problems. Remember that Hikari is the protector of the group, he fought for his sister (going up against a god no less), he tried to (and failed) to protect Manaka so he is suffering from that self-perceived failure, and with Chisaki he thinks he is supporting her by saying how little she changed (remember the scene on the hill top, Chisaki almost broke down over that and it was Hikari who cheered her up).

That desire to protect is why all the girls are attracted to Hikari, and it is the core of what makes him a good character, he is willing to sacrifice himself for his friends. And remember that sacrifice is what this show is about, starting with the original woman.

I have a feeling the ending is going to resolve around how he responds to Manaka losing her Ena, if this show has a heart, the happy ending will be because Hikari will give up everything to give Manaka back her Ena.

As for Manaka, I am pretty sure you missed something (or maybe it is me), but Manaka was never in love with Tsumugu, they had a mutual longing that they other symbolized (Tsumugu the sun, Manaka the sea), but that isn't love. The sea slug scene pretty much showed that she is in love with Hikari, and her willingness to sacrifice herself for his sister is what has delayed the Sea God's anger for the time being.
Feb 13, 2014 2:06 PM
Oct 2012
NiSeKoi said:
As long as you love someone you love, age does not matter

Unless they are under the age of consent, and you are not. Then it matters very very much :-)
Feb 13, 2014 2:08 PM

Oct 2010
Jmac said:
I'll chime in on this discussion.

I think in the heat of the moment and emotions running high; Kaname said that, but didn't mean it. His angry and frustrated and sometimes you don't think before you something.

I would know, because me and my wife had the same thing happened at the beginning of the year where we said hurtful things to one another. But we made up and moved on. That's the feeling I'm getting from these two...
That could be the case, and I hope it is because I'm really not liking Kaname at the moment. But regardless, until that's actually proven, as far as I'm concerned he meant what he said. And even if he does take it back in the future, he's still currently acting like an asshole.
Feb 13, 2014 2:08 PM

Sep 2008
Takuan_Soho said:
As for Manaka, I am pretty sure you missed something (or maybe it is me), but Manaka was never in love with Tsumugu, they had a mutual longing that they other symbolized (Tsumugu the sun, Manaka the sea), but that isn't love. The sea slug scene pretty much showed that she is in love with Hikari, and her willingness to sacrifice herself for his sister is what has delayed the Sea God's anger for the time being.

Yes, someone understand! *.*
Feb 13, 2014 2:13 PM

Aug 2013
Well thanks for the spoiler Grandpa, now we know for sure there will be a sad ending.. hmm can't wait
Feb 13, 2014 2:28 PM

Dec 2012
jrcastro said:
I have a feeling that Manaka will never wake up.

My thoughts exactly.
Feb 13, 2014 2:30 PM

Dec 2008
This is getting ridiculous!

- Chisaki still likes Hikari, who is now jail bait.
- Kaname still likes Chisaki, and must be out of his mind to think that he, a 14 year old boy, has a chance with a woman that's almost 20 years old.
- Miuna is carrying a torch for Hikari, who still likes Manaka.
- Sayu likes Kaname, but Kaname's still on for Chisaki.
- Tsumugu is in love with Chisaki, but Chisaki still likes Hikari. I can't even call this a love triangle, it's more like a rombus or a pentagon.

This is going to end badly. I predict that Miuna is going to put a pillow over Manaka's face and smother her to death in the hopes that once Manaka dies, Hikari will look her way. Kaname is going to walk in on Tsumugu and Chisaki sharing a kiss and go hang himself in a closet. Sayu, distraught over Kaname's suicide will swear to love no other man...and become a lesbian. Hikari still won't look Miuna's way after Manaka's death and will become a hikikomori instead. Miuna, feeling guilty over the fruitless murder she committed, will fling herself into Shishioshio and right into the arms of the Sea God. ~The End

All jokes aside, I really do believe that Uroko was aware of the fact that Manaka would not wake up and that's why he looked so sad as they were taking her away.

Did Chisaki seriously get drunk off of plum juice and not plum wine?

Sent with Mal Updater
Hannah_AnaFeb 13, 2014 2:39 PM
Feb 13, 2014 2:54 PM

Dec 2013
Takuan_Soho said:

I have a feeling the ending is going to resolve around how he responds to Manaka losing her Ena, if this show has a heart, the happy ending will be because Hikari will give up everything to give Manaka back her Ena.

I also read your other post and I really hope that you´re right with all the things you´ve said.
Yeah, the ManakaxTsumugu relationship is really confusing. There were times where I also thought she doesn´t really love him and that she kind of admires him because he´s different and from the land. I hope the writers won´t pull something off like 'I really loved him' :/.
Days need to be longer. 24 hours isn't enough ...
Feb 13, 2014 2:55 PM

Aug 2008
Imo, this is the best episode since the second half.

I really want them to meet Uroko-sama again! Hope, he'll save Manaka!
Feb 13, 2014 3:03 PM

Aug 2013
Getting drink of plum juice...

Anyway good episode. Now just to watch Kaname vs Tsumugu in the match for Chisaki, who still loves Hikari and then the love pentagon takes over.
Feb 13, 2014 3:14 PM

Apr 2012
This anime will be officially a trainwreck if Manaka still has feelings for Tsumugu because it's pretty clear Tsumugu never saw Manaka romantically. Even if he did, he has clearly moved on to Chisaki. Someone has to break the circle jerk chain omg -_-...... so finally someone will give in and move the fuck on :| Chisaki needs to stop regressing for her own good.
zzzeallyFeb 13, 2014 3:18 PM

Feb 13, 2014 3:45 PM

Apr 2010
Zeally said:
This anime will be officially a trainwreck if Manaka still has feelings for Tsumugu because it's pretty clear Tsumugu never saw Manaka romantically. Even if he did, he has clearly moved on to Chisaki. Someone has to break the circle jerk chain omg -_-...... so finally someone will give in and move the fuck on :| Chisaki needs to stop regressing for her own good.

I think Kaname may be the one to break the cycle, since he doesn't have a shot with anyone or Tsumugu, because he may eventually get fed up with Chisakis flip flopping around Hikari. Only time will tell, but I still strongly think it's Kaname though, because he's been treated the as the 5th wheel in this love drama.
Feb 13, 2014 3:50 PM
Feb 2014
Well if by moving on you mean Chisaki has to fall in love with Tsumugu i dont't know...I mean it's clear that he stayed by her side for 5 years taking care of her bullshit etc... But do u honestly believe that women fall for people out of sympathy, even pity in this case?

Obviously u do not want this anime to turn into NTR genre.At least they should wait for Kaname to get out of the house and maybe Manaka to wake up. u-u
Feb 13, 2014 4:02 PM

Sep 2007
The art really is something

Feb 13, 2014 4:06 PM

Jul 2010
The episode was beautiful, but holy sheet, i dont know what to feel anymore or who to ship.Every episode changes my way of thinking and feeling.
I feel Kaname tho, the guy had no chance to get girl he loves 5 years ago because she was in love with his best friend, and then after 5 years she got close to yet another guy who seems to have feelings for her.You cant really blame him for what hes doing, hes pretty desperate now :/
Manaka...i dont know.No idea if she'll wake up or not, but i think its more possible that she will, they cant leave her just like this.
Miuna best girl.She is too sweet.
Feb 13, 2014 4:07 PM

Dec 2010
So...everyone has a boner for either Chisaki or Hikari.
Feb 13, 2014 4:25 PM

Feb 2014
It seems like many people (I count myself too) get three main thoughts with this episode:

1 - Kaname is very likely to end up alone.
2 - Hikari clearly wants Manaka and almost closes the rest of the paths.
3 - Tsumugu has finally forgotten the fish; it was only a platonic love.

I can't remember the last time I followed a series with such interest week after week.
Feb 13, 2014 4:26 PM

Jan 2011
just when i thought she was finally moving on nope lol
Feb 13, 2014 4:44 PM

Oct 2013
bastek66 said:
Okada is dragging plot but Chisaki ending up with Tsumugu is obvious.

Nope it is not obvious...my proof: the entire story so far
Feb 13, 2014 4:45 PM

Jan 2011
Chisaki episodes are the best!

guys, please, dont spoil here stuff coming in the next episode seen after the ending theme. i always skip that and i dont want to know about that stuff. i want to be surprised. and this is the thread about the current ep and not about the next. i didnt expect reading about this hete, so please stop and dont do it again.
Feb 13, 2014 4:50 PM

Oct 2010
I don't think Manaka likes Tsugumu as how everyone thinks.

The legend could be a red herring (because let’s admit, the ultimate pairing in the show is Hikari/Manaka) and I fully support this. But let me clarify this. What I support about the legend being a red herring is that it hints that the person Manaka wants to be with is Tsugumu. This, what I believe, is the red herring since the person Manaka is leaving the sea for is actually Hikari.

If Miuna is gaining her ena from Manaka, which is pretty likely considering how Manaka is losing her ena, then that means this is occurring not so long after Hikari woke up. It is this which makes me believe Manaka is in love with Hikari. There is also a part where the legend states that the bride wishes to be with a person on the land which applies to Tsugumu completely but it can also apply to Hikari. Before the hibernation occurred, Hikari wasn’t living underwater. He was living on land with Akari, even if it was for a short period of time. He can very well fit the description. Also, since an overarching theme of the show is about change, I believe the relationship between Manaka and Hikari is a change. Hikari hasn’t entirely let go of the sea so if Manaka does happen to get with him, which I believe will happen, I believe they can balance their lives onshore and in the water.

Chisaki was so adorkable today, her playing dressup was the highlight. The part where she says she’s still in love is was groan inducing but I guess it’s part of her character story. I like the hint of rivalry between Tsugumu and Kaname which is a really interesting and fiery dynamic. I doubt the show will give them proper development in the next episode since it seems as though anything interesting is taking a back seat for the ‘main’ player of the show (no offence to Miuna fans out there. I don’t have faith that she can carry the show).

I feel bad for Kaname but he really needs to let things go. A part of what he does to Chisaki, insisting that she’s changed, is beneficial but the jealousy he harbored towards Tsugumu is destructive. And it’s so pitying that he has no other character story but his love for Chisaki. Maybe that’s part of why he’s so appealing to anime fans (other than his obvious character charms but even that is a contribution to his love story) since he doesn’t bullshit around in his love story like others but he’s one dimensional when you take him out of the picture. Even Tsugumu has another story, albeit not a very developed one. I think this is why I find it hard to root for him, even in the beginning of the show, because he had no other story to tell. I find myself saying, “Get a life outside of your love for Chisaki.” I pity him, I like him, I admire him, but I can’t root for him. Sorry Kaname, the show really did you injustice. :(
Feb 13, 2014 4:50 PM

Oct 2013
Damn the drama in this series though.... I can't say I'm surprised Tusumugu learned to have feelings for Chisaki but now it makes me wonder, has he taken a liking to her already when he was still lecturing her? At the very end somebody said something like "prince kissing the princess while she's sleeping" and Miuna also said that, "Maybe I don't want her to wake up after all" really comes up to my mind is she waking up next episode?

This Crunchyroll re-schedule stuff is sort of agitating, so many shows on Thursdays now.
Feb 13, 2014 5:01 PM

Oct 2012
This show has some great written characters.. oh, Chisaki, she is the best. Nice episode.
Yes, she likes Hikari but I think it's different kind of love now as she was able to accept Miuna's love to him without regrets. Still hoping she ends with Tsumugu. Their evening with plumwine was nicely done.
And Kaname is just hopeless cockblock.

It's weird but I hope Manaka never wakes up. I am enjoying the show so much since she is off-screen.
Feb 13, 2014 5:15 PM
Jan 2012
Well atleast there was finally some Tsugumu development. Like, first ever lol.
Feb 13, 2014 5:16 PM

Apr 2012
Sennengoroshi said:
Well if by moving on you mean Chisaki has to fall in love with Tsumugu i dont't know...I mean it's clear that he stayed by her side for 5 years taking care of her bullshit etc... But do u honestly believe that women fall for people out of sympathy, even pity in this case?

Obviously u do not want this anime to turn into NTR genre.At least they should wait for Kaname to get out of the house and maybe Manaka to wake up. u-u

Well I think Tsumugu has a chance with Chisaki. Whereas Kaname has like 0 percent chance of getting into a romantic relationship with Chisaki. I think Chisaki actually sees Tsumugu as more than just friends, but Hikari's reappearance is gravitating her towards him so now it's a tug of war between the two poles (no pun intended).

Feb 13, 2014 5:17 PM
Feb 2014
I had to make an account just to reply to this thread.

I think people are being too harsh about each character not moving on. I think the point of this episode was that each of them were frozen - even Tsumugu and Chisaki even though they lived through the 5 years. Because Manaka is back, they are able to move forward again which means of course there will be scenarios that reprise where the characters left off from the time of the Ofuneshiki.

Nagi no Asukara ALWAYS has a reason for each of its scenes. I truly believe they have exemplified that. All the Miuna fans have had their share of the cake, this episode turned back to Chisaki x Tsumugu x Kaname with hints of Hikari and Miuna, of course. But basically, Chisaki is re-living herself through a multiple of ways in here - realizing about Miuna liking Hikari (reminding her of herself), remembering why she always admired Hikari (how confident and wholehearted he always was), and even her trying to wear her old uniform. These little things add up to mean that she was frozen when her sea friends left, and now she can start moving again.

As for Tsumugu, I think he is able to confidently face and confront Kaname with his true feelings because he can also now move forward fairly in terms of pursuing Chisaki as well as re-gaining his comrades back.

I do feel bad for Kaname given the situation he is in that is out of control - makes sense why he is so hurt and bitter. But overall, this was clearly a Chisaki-focused episode with hints of where the plot is going (even a red herring).

EVERYONE is freaking out about Chisaki who is 19 still "loving" Hikari. He is her childhood friend, and I think she actually got a lot of closure before the Ofuneshiki when she told him her feelings. But she even said herself that those feelings were mostly admiration for the love and protection he had towards Manaka. I didn't see any excessive blushing or strange lolicon vibes. I personally feel like (whether her character realizes it or not) it is family love that she is able to re-embrace because all of them (the sea kids) are back together.
Feb 13, 2014 5:23 PM

Mar 2011
lol told ya
Chisaki still has an eye for Hikari and it's not gonna changed until the two(kaname and tsumugu) made some move or not until Manaka wakes up
(so I guessed that will end the "lil argument" that Chisaki is in love w/ Tsumugu? >.>)

Chisaki is like Miuna they both liked Hikari that they will do everything to support Hikari on his pursue w/ Manaka

And lol it looks liked we're gonna see more of Tsumugu now for the upcoming confession? or to strengthen the Kaname vs Tsumugu lol

Feb 13, 2014 5:31 PM
Feb 2014
Zeally said:
Sennengoroshi said:

Well I think Tsumugu has a chance with Chisaki. Whereas Kaname has like 0 percent chance of getting into a romantic relationship with Chisaki. I think Chisaki actually sees Tsumugu as more than just friends, but Hikari's reappearance is gravitating her towards him so now it's a tug of war between the two poles (no pun intended).

I honestly couldn't care less about Kaname getting Chisaki. I know it's not possible anymore at this point. What i find truly maddening is the fact that Tsumugu thinks so highly of himself. In this episode he basically confessed to Kaname about his love for Chisaki. DO u even understand how this guy's mind works? it's like on another level

I'm pretty sure he never confessed to her, it's almost like he waited for Kaname to get back and stick it to his face that he has won...(Definitely should have died "thinks Kaname at this moment")
This is what make makes me mad u-u

Well this should be interesting in any case. I'm waiting for him to get rejected so he can have a taste of bitterness too.Guy is too perfect to be true
SennengoroshiFeb 13, 2014 5:35 PM
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Your emotions throughout?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

13 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Jul 17, 8:15 AM

» The ending (spoilers)

solele - Jul 13, 2021

14 by Silveredge7 »»
Jul 15, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

653 by EsieEyen »»
Jun 25, 5:44 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

432 by CrimsonMidnight »»
Jun 24, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

177 by basskiller »»
Jun 15, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.