Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 7, 2013 8:03 PM
Jul 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
@Xinception, can you not edit or delete your first post from your tablet?

It's all well and good that you've been using the spoiler tags in every other post, but you're still ruining other people's viewing experience by leaving the first one up. It'd be nice if you realized there are going to be a lot more people reading these posts that haven't read further in the novels since they aren't translated, and showed a little common decency for those people.

I'll put them in spoilers now, since I'm back on my PC. Thanks for reminding me though!
Sep 7, 2013 8:10 PM

Aug 2012
Xinception said:
AlexTheRiot said:
@Xinception, can you not edit or delete your first post from your tablet?

It's all well and good that you've been using the spoiler tags in every other post, but you're still ruining other people's viewing experience by leaving the first one up. It'd be nice if you realized there are going to be a lot more people reading these posts that haven't read further in the novels since they aren't translated, and showed a little common decency for those people.

I'll put them in spoilers now, since I'm back on my PC. Thanks for reminding me though!

Yes, and thank you for spoiling me.
Sep 7, 2013 8:14 PM

Jul 2013
SalmonSandwich said:
Since there is going to be a recap next week, does anybody know if the next arc being animated is onimonogatari or Otorimonogatari? I rather they go for Onimonogatari for the sake of story flow, and a continuation for Kabukimonogatari. But it does make sense to also go for the book release order :/

I really hope they go for the chronological order of the story instead of the book release. Having Otori go first and going back to Oni might be confusing to most of the new audience members. But from the website I think they're going to go for Otori first :(
Sep 7, 2013 8:17 PM

Oct 2012
DawnJ said:
Twisted Shinobu's appearance was disappointing as I expected much more. Meh.
Just curious, what were you expecting? They already showed her in the very first episode of Bakemonogatari, in the little Kizumonogatari flashback sequence.

Shinobu's subtle reference to something in Kizumono was actually pretty interesting, and sort of helped me understand why Kisshot's suicide had failed. I really want them to make that movie now.

And I was surprised Araragi didn't make a comment on adult Hachikuji's bust size after how often he mentioned it when she was a child. Unlike Kisshot, it wasn't exactly beyond imagination /Kizumono reference.
Sep 7, 2013 8:47 PM
Jul 2012
Holy shit was that an amazing episode; Hachikuji alive and older (and damn cute), Oshino's letter, Shinobu and Araragi laughing as they walked towards almost certain death, and the amazingly surprising turn of events at the end with alternate Shinobu sacrificing herself. Honestly, I would say that this episode alone deserves a 10.
Sep 7, 2013 8:48 PM

Oct 2009
Both NisiOisiN and Shinbo are definitely geniuses.

The gataries has had such a big impact on me, I doubt I'll ever lose this feeling I have for it.

There isn't much to have to explain about NisiOisiN, his writing is on such a level. Not only is his use of language stunning, everything else about his writing is amazing. I can't ask for anything more. I will definitely master Japanese one day and be able to read it in all its original glory.

Shinbo, similarly, is also on an other level. He's somebody who understands everything about the medium he works with. Not only is he able to follow conventions of our time, he is able to add so much to it -- it's hard not to be impressed. I mean, simple things like the way the camera works, and how the scene is composed makes it so amazing.

Shinbo understands so much about NisiOisiN's writing, it's amazing how well it works together. For example, since most of the gataries are written as /recounts/ from the point of view of the narrator, everything is actually the narrator's version of the events. When Araragi found out Mayoi was alive in this timeline, the portrayal of the town changed so drastically (take a look at how it looks pre and post finding Mayoi). I thought that was, amongst many other things, very intelligent.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2013 8:49 PM

Jan 2013
Kyoycz said:
DawnJ said:
Just curious, what were you expecting? They already showed her in the very first episode of Bakemonogatari, in the little Kizumonogatari flashback sequence.

Shinobu's subtle reference to something in Kizumono was actually pretty interesting, and sort of helped me understand why Kisshot's suicide had failed. I really want them to make that movie now.

And I was surprised Araragi didn't make a comment on adult Hachikuji's bust size after how often he mentioned it when she was a child. Unlike Kisshot, it wasn't exactly beyond imagination /Kizumono reference.

I expected like scars or whatever from failed attempt to suicide, not just zombie-walking with yandere face.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Sep 7, 2013 8:54 PM

Oct 2009
DawnJ said:
Kyoycz said:
DawnJ said:

I expected like scars or whatever from failed attempt to suicide, not just zombie-walking with yandere face.

She's a Vampire. An immortal being of the highest degree. At her prime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2013 9:07 PM

Oct 2012
Hachikuji as an adult...WOW. Just, WOW.

Dual-weilding Kokorowatari was amazing, I was sad that no action took place (though Shinobu screaming was badass) ...but that scene with Kiss-Shot was...I feel like crying ;_;

Glad everything's back now and LOL molester Hachikuji xD. Refreshing to see their conversation again.

I've wanted to read thenovels before...but now I NEED to read the novels now. Hopefully, by the end of the anime series, either the translations are finished or I learned how to read japanese to read them by then.
Sep 7, 2013 9:25 PM

Aug 2010
Loved this episode. So much feels during the part where Araragi patted older Shinobu's head.

5/5
Sep 7, 2013 9:37 PM

May 2011
Great ep! The best thing was Oshino trying to explain time theories like Steins;Gate :D
Sep 7, 2013 9:40 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode.

For some reason I got a Steins;Gate vibe when Araragi was reading Oshino's letter.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Sep 7, 2013 9:45 PM

Apr 2013
Adult Hachikuji and Shinobu in one ep? Too hot!

Also the last part where Hachikuji threw Peraragi in the air was also fun!
Sep 7, 2013 9:48 PM

Jan 2010
=.=, I AM SUPER HYPER with KIZUMONOGATARI now..
poor Kiss-Shot Acerola Orion Heart Under Blade :(
Araragi-kun, instead of patting her head
GIVE HER A GOD DAM HUG! :*<
Sep 7, 2013 10:49 PM
Jul 2012
lksgman said:
Great ep! The best thing was Oshino trying to explain time theories like Steins;Gate :D

Yea I know! I felt the same way.
Sep 8, 2013 12:47 AM

Jul 2012
AAAAAAAAAAAAA FINALLY GOT TO SEE KISS SHOT ACEROLA ORION HEART UNDER BLADE. EVEN GROWN UP MAYOI. Oh gawd. Too much.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Sep 8, 2013 1:24 AM

Dec 2011
~Too many emotions~

Adult Hachikuji is so sexy, goddammit.
Sep 8, 2013 1:30 AM

Jan 2013
I really like older Hachikujs design.
Sep 8, 2013 1:32 AM

Nov 2012
ADULT MAYOI!!!!!!!! Seems like such a waste to design her for just that small scene! Want to see much more! Would have been epic if he'd returned to the original world with her as an adult there(I know it doesn't make sense) but still, would have been great.

And Shinobu as cute as ever.

Sep 8, 2013 2:07 AM

Mar 2012
Them feels, man. It would have been nice to see adult Hachikuji in the present, but status quo is good after all.
Sep 8, 2013 2:08 AM

Feb 2013
Holy Shit!!! What an awesome episode!!

This has been a phenomenal season so far.

Can't wait for more.

*edit*

Also, Shinobu's little girl laugh, may have been the cutest thing on the planet.
unmemorableheroSep 8, 2013 2:15 AM
Sep 8, 2013 2:24 AM
Jan 2012
Man, that was good. Such a good episode. Also some people have said they would have preferred adult hachikuji to be sexier, fuck that, hachikuji was perfect. Exactly as I had imagined her.

Also guys, it literally says in bold caps at the top of the page, "do not discuss the novel/manga beyond this point" so can we not spoil the best anime of this season for those who havent read the novels? Didn't really need to know what happens to my new favorite heroine. Totally thought the spoilers were for the anime.
Sep 8, 2013 2:43 AM

Sep 2009
This shet....THIS SHET...TOO GUUD!

Older Hachikuji,
dat spot where they met,
older Shinobu,
character contrast between the two blondies (although short but well received),
and Oshino X.. sly as ever!

I can only respond in thundering applause.
Sep 8, 2013 2:52 AM

Apr 2013
LMAO Araragi was the one to get ambushed this time xD

So this was the last episode of Kabukimonogatari arch :S
Sep 8, 2013 2:59 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Loved this episode. From seeing adult Hajikuji (hawt) to finally seeing the impressive Kisshot..So sad how she ended and she gave up her life.

Araragi's harem is nothing short of impressive. Oh, and it was cute to read that also in this world, Araragi dates Senjougahara. Meant to be I guess.

I really, really want them to release Kizumonogatari as soon as possible to see her in full glory
FarabeufSep 8, 2013 3:20 AM
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 8, 2013 3:09 AM

Mar 2013
Friggen loved this episode. Got to see Shinobu in vampire mode (albeit powerful) and adult Mayoi :D Also that role reversal killed me hahaha
Sep 8, 2013 3:32 AM

Oct 2012
Great arc, possibly my favourite one in the series so far. Kinda disappointed we won't get to see that post-apocalyptic word again, but it was nice while it lasted.

Seeing Kisshot is only making me more hyped for Kizumonogatari and adult Hachikuji was pretty great as well. Looking forward to the next arc, though I wonder if we'll get another recap next week..
Sep 8, 2013 3:33 AM
Feb 2012
Haha, I loved how Mayoi pounced on Araragi at the end. Roles being reversed there! XD!

She's beautiful when she grows into an adult. I wonder what the alternative Mayoi will do from now on?

I actually think that this is probably my favourite episode so far in the series.

The only downside...it ended so quickly. =( Ah well, time flies when you're having fun. ;-)
Sep 8, 2013 3:38 AM
Mar 2013
I still try to wrap my head around the fact that we're getting yet another recap next week. I mean, why ?
Sep 8, 2013 4:22 AM

Mar 2010
hpulley said:
^^^

It is still considered as a novel even though the contents are short stories.
As long as the stories are canon to the series, they are pretty much counted.

Xinception said:

Also, a side question for the novel readers, would really appreciate if someone helps me with this though:

Thanks in advance, really appreciate it.

So, I can assume/be assured that they'd animate Monogatari Series: Final Season also?

Search in the manga series discussion threads.

Kyoycz said:
DawnJ said:

I understand his point, really.
In the novel, Nisio has described Kissshot appearance as a molten walking flesh, which Araragi and Shinobu recognizes her only through her face. Meanwhile, Shinbo has presented Kissshot without any bit of melting flesh not even scars.

Mod edit: merged triple post
koleareSep 8, 2013 11:50 AM
Sep 8, 2013 6:24 AM

Dec 2012
3 years waiting worth at last, seeing shinobu in a full power mode.
maybe it will be more worth to see it in the Kizu arc, but meh.

dat grown up hachikuji, dat story and dat OST. thx for it shaft, hope the upcoming arc will be as/more amazing than this...
Sep 8, 2013 7:17 AM

Jun 2010
B-E-A-U-TIFUL this episode got me good shaft you have done it again hope this season is gona be 24 cuz if its 12 the next arc is gona be as rushed and crapy as the last episode of (The familiar of zero F) pun intended
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Sep 8, 2013 8:50 AM
Mar 2009
Great episode!

They really resolved that well, and also used an interesting variant on time travel (perhaps inspired by Steins; Gate and the World Lines) which makes everything make sense.

Also, clever way to market rice to "preppers".... XD
Sep 8, 2013 9:10 AM

Apr 2010
Adult Mayoi was a good competitor for best girls in the series it was nice to see her that way and it's a shame we don't get any more of it but i guess we will have to live with that.

Personally i am happy this arc ended i didn't really like this arc, probably a bit to much Shinobu and Araragi for me.
Not to mention all the lolicon moments i was even freaked out at the moment Araragi met little Tsubasa he went to far during that scene.
Sep 8, 2013 9:16 AM

Aug 2009
"Can you pat me on the head?"

Those feels.

I feel sorry for those that havent read Kizu and dont know the significance of this.
Sep 8, 2013 9:27 AM

Feb 2013
Great ep as usual
If I'm not wrong, It's time for the next arc
Sep 8, 2013 10:11 AM

Feb 2012
I realize this isn't an action shounen, but I kinda feel let down that they didn't get to fight after all the build up in this episode.
Sep 8, 2013 10:23 AM
Mar 2013
Inoh said:
Great ep as usual
If I'm not wrong, It's time for the next arc

No, it's time for a recap episode next week.
Sep 8, 2013 10:36 AM

Nov 2010
Brilliant episode,
I absolutely loved this Arc!

Seeing a grownup Hachikuji and the full version of Shinobu was a real treat
Sadly they went back to the unchanged present without a living Hachikuji

But as the end conversation revealed, they both don't regret being dead
Sep 8, 2013 11:31 AM

Jun 2013
5/5 episode as always. Araragi had himself a nice vacation, but I think he's overdue for some of tsunderellas verbal abuse.

Only two screenies because watermarks piss me off.
http://i.imgur.com/VQxrUNP.png
http://i.imgur.com/B9Eq34D.jpg
Sep 8, 2013 12:17 PM

Aug 2013
They should make a spin-off series featuring grown up Hachikuji and her travels in zombieland...
Sep 8, 2013 1:35 PM
Jan 2013
Whoa, nice to see a grown up Hachikuji....too bad, she has to die when things get's back to normal
Sep 8, 2013 1:52 PM

Jul 2010
Good episode. Good arc. Good Ararararagi-kun. What's more.
Adult HACHIKUJI is hot.

Oh, how many episodes will this series have? I guess, 12-13?
Sep 8, 2013 1:54 PM

Feb 2009
Akanezora said:
Good episode. Good arc. Good Ararararagi-kun. What's more.
Adult HACHIKUJI is hot.

Oh, how many episodes will this series have? I guess, 12-13?

24-26
Sep 8, 2013 2:18 PM

Jul 2013
A great ending arc for Mayoi, she looks cool in adult form. Well at least they encounter adult Shinobu to fix this resolution. Well the original Mayoi is back to normal in a good reunion.

Sep 8, 2013 2:20 PM
Sep 2013
Does Shinobu in the original timeline sneak into Araragi's shadow when he's out looking for her when Mayoi tells him she's missing? Because even if Mayoi didn't tell him she was missing, he would have gone to Oshino to help Hanekawa and found out Shinobu wasn't there and would have gone to look for her with Black Hanekawa. This time Shinobu wasn't in his shadow? This is what I got out of it, because it seems to me in both routes he would have realized Shinobu was already missing and he wouldn't have any reason not to say "Save me, Shinobu."
Sep 8, 2013 2:26 PM
Dec 2012
vvld said:
Pick one now:

Both

Nice to see old Hachikuji and Shinobu. Really awesome episode.
Sep 8, 2013 3:25 PM

Apr 2013
awhh this was a really good episode! I wanna see more of grown up Hachikuji!
Sep 8, 2013 3:27 PM

Aug 2012
The more i see the adult Shinobu, the more i want to see the movie.
Sep 8, 2013 5:09 PM

Aug 2013
cifang said:
Does Shinobu in the original timeline sneak into Araragi's shadow when he's out looking for her when Mayoi tells him she's missing? Because even if Mayoi didn't tell him she was missing, he would have gone to Oshino to help Hanekawa and found out Shinobu wasn't there and would have gone to look for her with Black Hanekawa. This time Shinobu wasn't in his shadow? This is what I got out of it, because it seems to me in both routes he would have realized Shinobu was already missing and he wouldn't have any reason not to say "Save me, Shinobu."

I'm kinda confused too.. but if I'm gonna guess, it's probably have something to do with the place that araragi search first when he was looking for shinobu..

the reason why araragi went to mister donuts is because hachikuji told him that she saw shinobu there..
shinobu probably sneak up inside araragi's shadow in mister donuts..

if araragi never went there or if he late going there, then shinobu probably never went inside araragi's shadow.. meaning, he's gonna die during the fight with black hanekawa

on topic:
great episode, love it
I guess shinobu does have feeling for araragi after all

next week: recap
aarrgghh, recap after only like 4 or 5 episodes is really annoying...
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2013

411 by Fernando-san »»
Yesterday, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

166 by GT1Studios »»
Jun 28, 11:01 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

171 by GT1Studios »»
Jun 27, 5:21 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

102 by GT1Studios »»
Jun 25, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

206 by GT1Studios »»
Jun 21, 3:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.