Forum Settings
Forums

New uploaded pictures not changing or switching back? (Profile picture, avatar, etc.)

New
Pages (37) « First ... « 22 23 [24] 25 26 » ... Last »
Oct 24, 2013 2:22 PM

Oct 2011
SeTzu said:
LevailRenn said:
Is this this what you want your avatar to be? If so try hard refreshing (f5 + ctrl) on the change your avatar tab. It might switch then.

right it is... you see it in my posts?

No, it's still the girl from Kill La Kill.
Oct 24, 2013 2:24 PM

Apr 2013
SeTzu said:
LevailRenn said:
Is this this what you want your avatar to be? If so try hard refreshing (f5 + ctrl) on the change your avatar tab. It might switch then.

right it is... you see it in my posts?

No. If you copy the image url and take away the cdn from the link you get the picture you uploaded.
an egomaniac and a fool

Oct 24, 2013 2:59 PM

Aug 2013
damn this avatar system is too difficult xD

hmmm i tried now some other avatars but it wont work
maybe any mod can do something ??
JousukeOct 24, 2013 3:23 PM
Oct 24, 2013 7:48 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
I changed my avatar two days ago, it finally mad ethe change this morning, and just switched back about n hour ago. WTF is going on!!?!

elkensteyin said:
I changed my avatar two days ago, it finally mad ethe change this morning, and just switched back about n hour ago. WTF is going on!!?!

OK, it just switched back.. This is getting silly now!

Mod Edit: Merged posts. Please do not double post.
LunaOct 25, 2013 1:05 AM
Oct 25, 2013 1:06 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Threads Merged.

For more information and tips how to change your avatar and profile pic faster, please see this post.
Oct 26, 2013 9:52 AM

May 2013
So, I've been trying to update my profile picture, I've tried everything from filetypes, sizes and programs used. It's been almost 2 days since I first tried to change it and nothing's happened at all so far. A friend of mine seems to have the same issue.

Should I really just wait? According to this forum, maybe yes... (not amused)

Edit: oh jeesus , removing the "cdn." will show the image in new tab, as specified by the person above on other post. But ctrl+f5 doesn't change it in the profile of mine.

Edit2: Now I've been having changing and change back issue. (  ̄д ̄)
Whatever, at least something's happening and that's a relief.
Neptor_KriegorOct 26, 2013 8:15 PM
Oct 27, 2013 8:04 PM

Sep 2013
For the past few days I've been trying to change my profile picture but it doesn't seem to work. I know that a previous time when I had changed it it took multiple hours but other times it took less than an hour so I don't know if I'm just not being patient enough or...?
Oct 27, 2013 8:14 PM

Nov 2010
For your profile pics, don't bother trying to change them. The site has been bonkers for a week and it's really hard to change them. Just leave it until the site gets better.
Oct 28, 2013 12:35 AM

May 2009
What a problem is that, looks like profile pics are just fucked so hard

Cannot change my profile pic fooor 10 days or so, i think. Still waiting tho! (and yes i tried all of those f5 things)
Oct 28, 2013 1:07 AM
Jun 2012
It's broken again. I tried changing my profile pic 8 hours ago, it changed for like 10 minutes, but then switched back to my old one. I hope it can get fixed soon.
Oct 28, 2013 3:27 AM

Oct 2011
Same for me, it doesn't change at all =_=
Oct 28, 2013 7:54 AM

Oct 2012
So I wasn't the only one having this problem. I was kinda getting annoyed but I guess I will have to wait.
Oct 29, 2013 11:51 AM

Feb 2013
I guess the website is having problems again,i tried changing my picture for the past 3 hours and no luck,i uploaded all formats too jpg,png,gif..and no luck,but at least we can still change the avatar.
Oct 29, 2013 3:54 PM

May 2013
My profile picture just reverted after being "stable" for a couple of days... this is starting to annoy me like hell..,
I'm from Sweden where Polar Bears serve at Starbucks and penguins at Ryanair.
Oct 29, 2013 4:45 PM

Aug 2007
I miss my new forum avatar. ;__;
It only lasted for a day until it reverted back to this image, It's already been weeks since i uploaded it. I want my new image since this "current one" is already annoying me.

My profile picture is just fine♡
Oct 29, 2013 11:32 PM

May 2013
So now my profile picture has reverted to original, but the small profile picture is the new one!!? This is reeally strange
Oct 29, 2013 11:42 PM

Jul 2013
I see my old picture from way back (Psycho-Pass), but everyone else can see my new picture (Ef: A Tale of Melodies). It's annoying that I can't see it, but at least everyone else see the changes.
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Oct 31, 2013 7:25 AM
Sep 2012
It's been a day and I still have my old picture.....
Oct 31, 2013 9:48 AM

Dec 2012
Same here. I've tried to change mine multiple times in the past few days (prof pic that is) and it's still the same old one :/ I'm sure it'll get fixed eventually! ^_^
Please, dream some good dreams for me, Lloyd.

Oct 31, 2013 10:41 AM

Oct 2013
Hagane-chan said:
So now my profile picture has reverted to original, but the small profile picture is the new one!!? This is reeally strange

^ Same here.
Nov 1, 2013 2:40 AM

Aug 2013
I have the same problem...
Nov 1, 2013 8:52 AM
Jul 2013
This is fucking impossible. I can't change my avatar or profile picture, I've almost tried 30 times in one sitting with all suggestions. I'm done.
Nov 1, 2013 10:01 AM
Jul 2013
Try thy following.

---Method ONE---

Delete old avatar, refresh page, if it's still there delete it again (Now clear the browser's cache), and then make two image formats (of your new avatar):

1- .jpg
2- .png

Upload the .jpg refresh page, upload the .png format, Deleted any pics (even if it changes), Now upload the .png format, and then the .jpg format, refresh page now it should work (at least that's how it worked for me).

---Method TWO---

Delete avatar and wait for it to be deleted, if you noticed that is is no longer there (Blank avatar box), Now wait for about a day (do it when you are about to sleep).

Next day when you wake up, Upload a new avatar with .jpg format (not a requirement but preferably ) wait for it 5min's.
BeyondNeroNov 3, 2013 9:18 AM
Nov 1, 2013 10:42 AM

Dec 2012
My avatar change worked immediately but I'm still waiting on my profile picture to change..it's getting rather frustrating! :/

Nov 1, 2013 10:47 AM
Jul 2013
etherealharmony said:
My avatar change worked immediately but I'm still waiting on my profile picture to change..it's getting rather frustrating! :/
Don't mention it.
Nov 1, 2013 11:39 AM

Dec 2012
DramaEnthusiast said:
This is fucking impossible. I can't change my avatar or profile picture, I've almost tried 30 times in one sitting with all suggestions. I'm done.

Now my avatar is doing the same too after trying to change it again. Dangit! So now my profile picture AND my avatar are stuck and I've tried all methods of fixing it. Idk what's going on :(

Nov 1, 2013 11:51 AM
Sep 2013
Both dosn't work for me.. it's been more than a week for both and I tried a couple of times..

Tried both deleting methods but just stay there. uh

Oh wow avatar just changed nvm. ahah. One hell of a delay.
Nov 1, 2013 11:57 AM

Dec 2012
Di-Dorval said:
Both dosn't work for me.. it's been more than a week for both and I tried a couple of times..

Tried both deleting methods but just stay there. uh

Oh wow avatar just changed nvm. ahah. One hell of a delay.

it is weird, huh? i got a glimpse of my new profile picture at one point but then it just went right back to the old one when i refreshed the page.

Nov 1, 2013 12:55 PM

Jul 2008
I tried to upload a new avatar in jpg format with various methods with no luck.
Then I changed my image to png and it worked.

So if you're having problems try switching between jpg, gif and png formats.
Nov 1, 2013 1:46 PM

Mar 2013
If anyone is in need of help on how to change the image formats, there are multiple ways.
A simple way is via GIMP (Image Manipulating Program).

Just Install GIMP, run it, open an image in it, and export the image in a different format.
Nov 1, 2013 4:52 PM
Jun 2012
BeyondNero said:
Try thy following.

---Method ONE---

Delete old avatar, refresh page, if it's still there delete it again, and then make two image formats (of your new avatar):

1- .jpg
2- .png

Upload the .jpg refresh page, upload the .png format, Deleted any pics (even if it changes), Now upload the .png format, and then the .jpg format, refresh page now it should work (at least that's how it worked for me).

<------ MugiwaraMellow.

---Method TWO---

Delete avatar and wait for it to be deleted, if you noticed that is is no longer there (Blank avatar box), Now wait for about a day (do it when you are about to sleep).

Next day when you wake up, Upload a new avatar with .jpg format (not a requirement) wait for it.

If that didn't work for you then... you have my sympathy.

Thank you, method one worked for me. I recommend people to use method 1 if you still have the problem.
Nov 2, 2013 1:23 AM

Aug 2013
Yeah, it woorked! Thank you ^^
Nov 3, 2013 9:19 AM
Jul 2013
Try thy following. [Updated NOV-3]

---Method ONE---

Delete old avatar, refresh page, if it's still there delete it again (Now clear the browser's cache), and then make two image formats (of your new avatar):

1- .jpg
2- .png

---Method TWO---

Next day when you wake up, Upload a new avatar with .jpg format (not a requirement but preferably ) wait for it 5min's.

The problem is further compounded by the recycling of the URL assigned to an avatar image and the resulting interaction with ordinary browser-side caching. If you upload a .PNG file for your avatar, and then a few days later upload another .PNG file to replace it, the new avatar image will have exactly the same URL as the old one. Unless you clear your browser's cache, your browser will not catch the change for quite some time. This means you always have to clear your browser's cache before checking to see if a newly uploaded avatar has taken effect.

One Last note: Don't change your avatar too often, just stick with one avatar for more than 40days, Besides changing avatars frequently is a bad practice (at least that's what i think).
Nov 5, 2013 10:36 PM

Nov 2013
BeyondNero said:

---Method ONE---

1- .jpg
2- .png

---Method TWO---

The problem is further compounded by the recycling of the URL assigned to an avatar image and the resulting interaction with ordinary browser-side caching. If you upload a .PNG file for your avatar, and then a few days later upload another .PNG file to replace it, the new avatar image will have exactly the same URL as the old one. Unless you clear your browser's cache, your browser will not catch the change for quite some time. This means you always have to clear your browser's cache before checking to see if a newly uploaded avatar has taken effect.

One Last note: Don't change your avatar too often, just stick with one avatar for more than 40days, Besides changing avatars frequently is a bad practice (at least that's what i think).

Does this work for profile picture too?
No matter how uninteresting an anime series looks, watch it.
No matter how uninteresting an anime series is, watch it until the bitter end.
As it is the true essence of what makes one an anime warrior.
Nov 6, 2013 6:07 PM
Jul 2013
It should.
Nov 16, 2013 2:16 AM

Mar 2013
BeyondNero said:

---Method ONE---

1- .jpg
2- .png

---Method TWO---

The first method worked for me but on the last step instead of getting
it back to the .jpg format leave it as the .png format :)
Nov 25, 2013 8:14 PM

Sep 2013
Method 1 worked for me! Thanks :)
Nov 28, 2013 5:09 PM
May 2010
my profile pic wont load at all (it loaded before just fine)

wtf just when i posted this it finally loaded XD
Dec 6, 2013 9:51 AM

Mar 2011
Konata_Master said:
BeyondNero said:

---Method ONE---

1- .jpg
2- .png

Upload the .jpg refresh page, upload the .png format, Deleted any pics (even if it changes), Now upload the .png format, and then the .jpg format, refresh page now it should work (at least that's how it worked for me).?

Posting to see if it worked. Thanks for putting the instructions together! ♥

Edit: It did! Thank you, thank you, thank you! :3
Dec 7, 2013 10:33 AM
Jul 2018
Nice, method 1 worked for me, but as .jpg. I need .png to get maximum image quality. However, i will try figure it out myself by experimenting >:]]
Dec 18, 2013 6:56 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
bumping this...
People are talking about this a lot and this post is a bit buried.
This thread has solutions to problems still occuring
Dec 18, 2013 3:03 PM

Nov 2013
Ive tried the method 1 part, with no success, so i'll try the second one and see how it goes.
Dec 19, 2013 1:23 PM

Nov 2013
Posting to see if anythign worked to get profile pic to work in posts.

Edit, it did not. guess im not destined to have a picture
Dec 25, 2013 7:29 AM

Dec 2012
Anyone know a way to clear the slots?

I'm now stuck for Pain (red haired dude) in PNG
Pain for .GIF
Araragi (black haired dude) for jpeg
Dec 25, 2013 7:41 AM

Nov 2010
tsudecimo said:
Anyone know a way to clear the slots?

I'm now stuck for Pain (red haired dude) in PNG
Pain for .GIF
Araragi (black haired dude) for jpeg
Only time. Though I'll tell you that jpeg or png will be the easiest and the ones that you can change the soonest. GIFs take a while.
Jan 10, 2014 2:22 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Zelot said:
bumping this...
People are talking about this a lot and this post is a bit buried.
This thread has solutions to problems still occuring
Jan 12, 2014 3:44 AM

Jan 2014
Got it working now, thx ^^
Jan 13, 2014 4:59 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Jan 13, 2014 9:23 PM

Mar 2013
Zelot said:
This should be stickied.

"We don't offer services."

Yeah, that's the peak of the MAL's Staff for you.
Any thread that offers service, even if it really active and helpful, will not get stickied. That includes this thread, the General Advice Thread, and more. Only Rules, Guidelines, and other informative threads get stickied, confirmed directly by the Staff.

Just wanted to share, so hopes won't be too high and for knowing that on future occasions.
Jan 13, 2014 9:36 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Peiale said:
Zelot said:
This should be stickied.

"We don't offer services."

Yeah, that's the peak of the MAL's Staff for you.
Any thread that offers service, even if it really active and helpful, will not get stickied. That includes this thread, the General Advice Thread, and more. Only Rules, Guidelines, and other informative threads get stickied, confirmed directly by the Staff.

Just wanted to share, so hopes won't be too high and for knowing that on future occasions.

Isn't the this stickied thread a service?
Pages (37) « First ... « 22 23 [24] 25 26 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» MAL section showing section for related section for anime and manga not showing

catterbu - Yesterday

3 by baldursgay »»
6 hours ago

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3442 by MysteriousMilk »»
6 hours ago

» Whole site became unresponsive

Nomori - May 21

5 by baldursgay »»
6 hours ago

» PLEASE bring back the functions to reply in forum games

tsukareru - May 17

17 by tsukareru »»
Yesterday, 2:35 AM

» How can I see the date I added an entry to my list? (if I didn't mark an episode as watched)

EterTC - Feb 14, 2023

11 by ShaggyZE »»
May 26, 7:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.