Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jun 29, 2013 10:52 PM

Aug 2010
Awesome. Levi! Came back like a boss. Looks like Levi will be joining us from here on.
Jun 29, 2013 11:02 PM

Jan 2008
The near mid episode actions were really great. I was moved and near to tears. The atmosphere induced adrenaline rush when Eren was close to the gate and other members were there for support, with some were devoured sadly but also a realistic scene. The successful operation touched emotion that I was near to tears, including to that was the other comrades' reactions. The music was fitting IMHO and the timing was also great - pausing/no music when Pixis issued the command. And, Levi appeared coolly again this time. Hoping the awesome of this show will continue till the end. ^_^
Jun 29, 2013 11:03 PM

Nov 2010
i want more giant eren time! ..and the recap is unneccry dam you
Jun 29, 2013 11:07 PM

Feb 2013
Great episode!

No complaints whatsoever.
Jun 29, 2013 11:07 PM

May 2012
I-ishi ga hashiteru...

Support Eren!!!!

Many "censored" scenes?
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jun 29, 2013 11:10 PM

Apr 2013
All the tension charged up in the past few episodes has finally been unleashed. I was glad that Jean survived this one, but it came at the expense of Marco's relentless death. He never received any honor for saving Jean; he was just disposed of like any other soldier.

I've also been listening to the OST and had my ear out to catch when the insertions came in. It certainly gave me the adrenaline rushes as they started playing.
Jun 29, 2013 11:13 PM

Feb 2013
Oh man that was amazing, so epic and exciting. Glad it finally came. Looks like next episode with be boring though.
[/url]
Jun 29, 2013 11:14 PM
Dec 2012
shadowtsunami said:
Good episode, but it was predictable what was going to happen. They need to increase the pace now. I don't know why we are getting a recap ep. We don't need it at all, especially since they show us a 2-3 min recap of the previous ep anyway.
Time. They could've just take a 1-week break, but a SnK recap and no Snk for the week, knows which is better right? and it's ep 13.5 btw, not ep 14.....so nothing lost here.
RaigrexJun 29, 2013 11:55 PM
Jun 29, 2013 11:18 PM
Oct 2009
Luckily, Eren's titan is muscular and athletic. That's why he can lift that huge rock.If he turn out to be some fat ass titan, they wouldn't even considered this plan.
Jun 29, 2013 11:21 PM

Mar 2013
shadowtsunami said:
Good episode, but it was predictable what was going to happen. They need to increase the pace now. I don't know why we are getting a recap ep. We don't need it at all, especially since they show us a 2-3 min recap of the previous ep anyway.

It does increase soon. When it does,it's going to be SnK at it's best and having you at the edge of your seat.
Jun 29, 2013 11:25 PM

Apr 2010
scouser89 said:
Luckily, Eren's titan is muscular and athletic. That's why he can lift that huge rock.If he turn out to be some fat ass titan, they wouldn't even considered this plan.

Still not as ripped as Mikasa.
Jun 29, 2013 11:29 PM

Nov 2007
Just wanted to say that Jinrui no Kibou finally meets Jiyuu no Tsubasa. Up Next shall be Mayhem from Mankind, by Mankind, for Mankind!

5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 29, 2013 11:29 PM

May 2010
I knew this week would be Marco, and then it was Marco... :<<<

So keen for the trial and the next ark ugh.
Jun 29, 2013 11:33 PM

Sep 2012
This episode was just so goddamn amazing!
Jun 29, 2013 11:45 PM

Sep 2012
Budget constraint? Schedule constraint? Staff resource constraint? But the recap is getting worse and worse. Last week the recap lasted 2 minutes; this week it is more than THREE MINUTES!! I never see such long recap episode after episode in an anime series...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 29, 2013 11:53 PM

Jun 2012
The recap at the beginning of each episode is for the people who want to pick up the show while it's airing on TV, in Japan. The budget recently increased actually.
Jun 30, 2013 12:03 AM

Oct 2012
Well I expected more actions?
Poor Marco, we'll miss you :'(
Rivai vs. Eren? Or maybe RivaixEren? xD

antonn said:
scouser89 said:

Still not as ripped as Mikasa.

Lol.. Mikasa never really showed her abs in anime, so no one know the truth? :)
Maybe just maybe, how about using the fat to bounce the rock it'll be faster xD

Raigrex said:
shadowtsunami said:
Time. They could've just take a 1-week break, but a SnK recap and no Snk for the week, knows which is better right? and it's ep 13.5 btw, not ep 14.....so nothing lost here.

So, it's just recap next week? So sad :(
"Signature removed"
Jun 30, 2013 12:04 AM

Sep 2012
MEanimaniac1 said:
The recap at the beginning of each episode is for the people who want to pick up the show while it's airing on TV, in Japan. The budget recently increased actually.
Do you see such long recap in other anime being aired in Japan?? No. So your explanation is not really the only factor. The question is why only this anime is doing such long recap in each and every episode ? Saving cost is one good incentive I would say.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 30, 2013 12:04 AM

Aug 2012
Jesus Eren is annoying, acting like some psychopath, and his facial expression, oh my god.. He should get his ass kicked.
Jun 30, 2013 12:06 AM

Jan 2013
Awesome episode! Recap too long, Nothing like sealing a good size hole with bitchin tunes in the back ground and which reminds me the chicks were kickin butt. Marco my Bro you will be missed R.I.P, Jean survived, Levi comes to rescue nice and Eren in Survey Corps man this Anime is the best
OutlawJessJun 30, 2013 12:34 AM
Jun 30, 2013 12:07 AM

Apr 2010
Asteris said:
Jesus Eren is annoying, acting like some psychopath, and his facial expression, oh my god.. He should get his ass kicked.

Well, you'll be pleased in a couple weeks.
Jun 30, 2013 12:12 AM

Jan 2008
I'd rather have recaps at the beginning of every ep than havingi anime only fillers. The source material isn't so great in the first place.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Jun 30, 2013 12:17 AM

Feb 2012
SO BORING
Jun 30, 2013 12:18 AM

Sep 2012
symbv said:
I never see such long recap episode after episode in an anime series...

You should really see the recaps of some episodes of Naruto and Bleach.
Jun 30, 2013 12:19 AM

Sep 2012
Raito said:
symbv said:

One reason why I no longer watch Naruto and Bleach LOL But seriously such long recap is a lot more understandable for long-running anime that lasts 4 cours or more, like Naruto and Bleach....

Jun 30, 2013 12:23 AM

Jun 2012
symbv said:
MEanimaniac1 said:
Do you see such long recap in other anime being aired in Japan?? No. So your explanation is not really the only factor. The question is why only this anime is doing such long recap in each and every episode ? Saving cost is one good incentive I would say.

Yes I agree, all the recap is unnecessarily. My guess is that it's because it such a popular anime(or to save money, which is probably the right answer)....but there's no real explanation as to why we get all the recap.
Jun 30, 2013 12:24 AM
Dec 2012
symbv said:
Raito said:
symbv said:

One reason why I no longer watch Naruto and Bleach LOL But seriously such long recap is a lot more understandable for long-running anime that lasts 4 cours or more, like Naruto and Bleach....
let's just say they really want the anime to end at a specific point and anime-only filler (which is not really filler in this case, it's more of expansion from manga) is still not enough to fill the gap ;)
Jun 30, 2013 12:29 AM

Sep 2012
The epicness this episode was good, but sadly didn't make the stretching of the previous episodes worth it. I've heard great things about the next arc, so after this unnecessary recap episode, I'm expecting great things out of SnK like I did previously.
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Jun 30, 2013 12:30 AM

Sep 2012
Raigrex said:
symbv said:
let's just say they really want the anime to end at a specific point and anime-only filler (which is not really filler in this case, it's more of expansion from manga) is still not enough to fill the gap ;)
You are being charitable :-) Well, I guess it can be an explanation, although the heavy use of lengthy recap indeed smacks me of cost-reduction measures. It is always possible to fill in contents (from the manga or original) if they want to even if the start and end points are fixed....

Jun 30, 2013 12:30 AM

May 2013
MEanimaniac1 said:
My fan-spaz-moments
OHHH YESS THE WALL!
Oh no Marco, WHYYY?

OH YES Rivaille LEVI<3 YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

That was pretty much me.....

Even more lady-boners from Yuki Kaji and Hiroshi Kamiya.

^^^ awwwwYESSSSSSSSSSSsss
So happy to hear them together in a great show.
Jun 30, 2013 12:56 AM

Aug 2008
That was so much fun to watch. The music, all the death and despair and gross stuff! And now Eren gets to meet people he's looked up to his whole life and the coolest of them is begging for a chance to slit his throat. Oh eren, you have the best of lucks.

Jun 30, 2013 1:07 AM

Feb 2013
Well, we finally, finally, FINALLY finish the Battle of Trost.

Everyone works together to protect Eren as he, now awakened, moves the boulder through the city to block the wall. It is a powerful and epic scene as everyone does their best, some living to continue the fight and some dying horribly for the cause.

Eren's monologue as he goes to fulfill the plan is very powerful and carries great impact even as we see the death surrounding him. Mikasa and Armin work with him to clear the way and in the end, the humans succeed and win for the first time against the Titans.

However, once again it's a Pyrrhic victory as they have lost over 200 people and almost 900 have been wounded. We find that another named character has bitten the dust in the form of poor Marco. The guy had a horrible death and it was off screen at that! To see all of these trainees go through this death and devastation, and to see the looks on their faces, you can see they've encountered horrors they will never forget.

We also finally have the arrival of the Recon Corps who's late to the party. After Eren is fished from out of his Titan body, he's imprisoned in an underground dungeon (ungrateful ingrates!) and he has a meeting with the Recon Corps Erwin and Levi. They basically want what he wants, which is to travel out and retake Wall Maria and then further get to his family's home basement, using Eren's Titan powers. Levi doesn't like Eren much but he seems to admire the look in his eye as the two have a very similar goal. He decides to take responsibility for him and add Eren to the Recon Corps.

I know that many manga fans seem to love Levi, and I can admit that he is a good fighter and has some honorable qualities about him. However, after only meeting him twice I haven't really made much connection with him. In fact his abrasive, superior attitude annoys me a little. I hope as I'm able to get to know him better, that I find more to like about him.

Well, I will give this episode a 8/10. The beginning was awesome and powerful, but the second half was laying the misery on a little too thick. Next time is a recap episode, but thankfully they won't count it in the episode count. I might glance through it, but I generally loath recap episodes.
Jun 30, 2013 1:09 AM

Dec 2007
I loved it, homo no
Jun 30, 2013 1:21 AM

Jul 2010
One of the worse episodes I'd say. Ridiculously long recap, a lot more nonsensical stills and animation perspective was seriously weird at some point (obviously since there's less work to animate). At least second part of the episode was somewhat better. I really feel like this series would been soooooooo much better with higher budget :/
Jun 30, 2013 1:22 AM
Apr 2011
SS Jean X Marco has capsized?! Mayday Mayday!!!!

So when are we going to get some hot and sexy Eren X Mikasa action in bed?!
Jun 30, 2013 2:09 AM

Mar 2013
That insert song....holy crap
So much yes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNXtI5p6u9s
I like fried tofu
Jun 30, 2013 2:19 AM

Jan 2013
Episode was good but somehow the animations were really lame, feels like they rushed the episode and run out of time to finish the episode. They probably didn't even had the time to do a proper quality check (lol at the purple debris).
Jun 30, 2013 2:27 AM
Apr 2011
Akanezora said:
I find it odd that no one has posted this kawaii motherfucker yet.

That looks like a Simpsons' style Titan.
Jun 30, 2013 2:38 AM
Oct 2009
Have anyone ever considered that Commander Pixies looks identical to Orba from Hataraku.
Jun 30, 2013 2:41 AM

Nov 2012
damn! this episode is ROCK! XD

yeah eren finally can control the titan..
the ost in the beginning is so cool btw XD

so.. finally eren joinin the recon corps? shit just getting real now! XD

btw levi looks so badass.. this is my first time hearing Kamiya Hiroshi (CV) became so badass and kind of annoying :p
Jun 30, 2013 2:42 AM

May 2010
YO damn it going down.
Jun 30, 2013 2:46 AM

May 2009
MrToast said:
Episode was good but somehow the animations were really lame, feels like they rushed the episode and run out of time to finish the episode. They probably didn't even had the time to do a proper quality check (lol at the purple debris).
WIT seem to be running on a very tight schedule. It's apparent in this episode, that they didn't even have the time to finish it. I wonder how much the BDs will improve. At least the cut scenes, like Annie saving Jean, will be added. Anyway, it's not the first time this has happened. A TV station aired an incomplete version of episode 5, iirc.
Jun 30, 2013 2:59 AM

May 2010
Dem Feels! Loved it. Finally an anime which is not gonna end.
Jun 30, 2013 3:08 AM
May 2013
Anyone know if the BD will be subbed or not? Also, I found you guys have some sharp eyes cause I never noticed the purple debris etc. LOL
Jun 30, 2013 3:22 AM
Jul 2018
Reminded me of that episode from bakemonogatari when Shaft didn't manage to finish it on time so we just ended up with a black screen and jarring audio that didn't match up.

What gets me is that even with such a long recap at the start of the episode, the studio still couldn't finish animating all the scenes in time. Not very professional.
Jun 30, 2013 3:26 AM
Feb 2012
All in all an enjoyable episode. Part of it felt weird, being completely void of any animation whatsoever, but the important scenes- Eren carrying the rock, the other members smoothing the way for him, and ultimately Eren throwing the rock- were perfect as far as I'm concerned.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jun 30, 2013 3:28 AM

Apr 2007
so next week is ep 13.5...RECAP zzzzzzz
Jun 30, 2013 3:34 AM

Aug 2012
Darklight0303 said:
Pipoko said:
Darklight0303 said:
Now to wait for the score to start going up again since this ep had it all including Levi

Who gives a crap? It could be rated 5.0 or whatever and I'd still watch it because it's a series I like.

I just want to see the self appointed critics Q.Q more. It's a treat.

LOL ,good one!
Jun 30, 2013 3:34 AM

Sep 2012
CEMPUNK said:
so next week is ep 13.5...RECAP zzzzzzz

it will also start with a recap of last weeks episode before the actual recap starts.

recapception, and episode 14 will feature a recap of the recap episode that featured a recap.
Jun 30, 2013 3:38 AM
Sep 2012
FINALLY! The arc of Trost concluded as expected.
An episode with, action, drama, relevant information and epic moments!
Pages (16) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1654 by AlocalAnimeFan »»
May 19, 1:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

1555 by flimmyjimmy »»
May 19, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

921 by _akshatts_ »»
May 12, 6:13 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

991 by kzen_sno »»
May 10, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 20, 2013

851 by ozrodger46 »»
May 6, 7:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.