Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (21) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »
Mar 4, 2013 2:32 PM

Nov 2012
I'm going to miss Erza
Showed sucked, though had some good moments.
Dropped the manga after
Mar 4, 2013 6:07 PM

Jul 2012
KuroLion said:

i dropped this series after the first episode. they should replace it. and hopefully with another long hajime no ippo series lol

I'd happily trade in Fairy Tail for a new season of Hajime No Ippo.
Konbu is important
Mar 4, 2013 7:31 PM

Apr 2011
amichaaan said:
KuroLion said:

i dropped this series after the first episode. they should replace it. and hopefully with another long hajime no ippo series lol

That will never happen, sadly. It's my favorite sports anime
Mar 4, 2013 7:37 PM

Nov 2012
sagdashin said:
amichaaan said:
KuroLion said:

That will never happen, sadly. It's my favorite sports anime

Hajime No Ippo. is made by a different studio so it will not replace Fairy Tail. Although I heard some news about the #rd season. Damn it I also want fairy tail back :(.
Mar 4, 2013 7:44 PM

Nov 2010
amichaaan said:
KuroLion said:

I'd trade in a Fairy Tail and two Erzas for a new Ippo season.
Mar 4, 2013 8:01 PM

May 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
amichaaan said:
KuroLion said:

I'd trade FT and the entire current winter season 2013, minus Chihayafuru, only valuable and quality anime of the season for new Ippo anime.
Mar 4, 2013 8:03 PM

Jul 2012
9988 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
amichaaan said:
KuroLion said:

I'd trade FT and the entire current winter season 2013, minus Chihayafuru, only valuable and quality anime of the season for new Ippo season.

LOL
Konbu is important
Mar 4, 2013 9:53 PM
Aug 2011
amichaaan said:
9988 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
amichaaan said:
KuroLion said:

I'd trade FT and the entire current winter season 2013, minus Chihayafuru, only valuable and quality anime of the season for new Ippo season.

LOL

I'd trade in that Ippo season for shit, because equivalent exchange.
Mar 4, 2013 10:16 PM

Jan 2012
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
amichaaan said:
9988 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
amichaaan said:
KuroLion said:

LOL

I'd trade in that Ippo season for shit, because equivalent exchange.

nah kid fairy tail is shit
Mar 5, 2013 2:24 AM
Aug 2012
Dude, what's even the point of coming on here just to trash talk Fairy Tail? That kind of behavior combined with calling someone with considerably better writing and reasoning skills a kid just serves to make an ass of yourself.
Mar 5, 2013 4:31 AM

Feb 2012
Well fuck. :(
Mar 5, 2013 5:12 AM

Mar 2008
A-1 sucks anyway. Every single thing they adapt could be sooo much better..
just look at Magi and Shinsekai yori (the latter is alright, but still extremely inconsistent) ... =_=
Anyway, sucks for the fans, but maybe it'll be back and well- the manga is still there..
Mar 5, 2013 2:34 PM
Jul 2012
KuroLion said:
raionsama said:
yhunata said:
No offense to it's fans, but this is somewhat funny to me. Well, I dropped it sometime ago, so good luck to the fans on finding something else to watch.

Totally had this in mind. And I dropped it after 50 eps.

Sophilia said:
Roloko said:
raionsama said:
I have read the news earlier but they never mentioned why. O: Can someone tell me the reason?

Getting too close to the manga and low TV ratings.
Like Naruto never has that happening. And low ratings?!

I see. I'm not fond of FT but thanks for the info. I'm not shocked about it having low ratings.

this
Mar 5, 2013 4:11 PM

Jun 2012
I think they're just going to give some break on fairy tail because its catching up to the manga rather quickly... so they're not probably wanting to waste any money for fillers... I guess
Mar 5, 2013 5:25 PM

Jun 2009
Oh...

...... 175 episodes, I think I can manage that.

Guess it's time to pick up this show.

*plan to watch*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2013 5:42 PM
Nov 2010
AirStyles said:
Oh...

*plan to watch*
I'll give you 50 episodes before you decide to quit.
Mar 5, 2013 6:01 PM

Nov 2010
Z-flame said:
AirStyles said:
Oh...

*plan to watch*
I've heard 50 episodes being thrown around a lot, is that when you decided that you didn't like it much? Do people really not like the fighting festival arc that much.
Mar 5, 2013 6:08 PM

Oct 2012
it's quality was steadily decreasing and... it's like, it's becoming the successor to bleach and naruto (because of crappy fillers)... I think this is a good break.

"Duty... There is nothing more precious than that feeling, which makes us think of our friends before ourselves."
Mar 5, 2013 6:22 PM

Jun 2012
GCBGTS said:
it's quality was steadily decreasing and... it's like, it's becoming the successor to bleach and naruto (because of crappy fillers)... I think this is a good break.

Same here, I actually enjoyed it quite a lot actually in the first arcs/50 episodes. What made become more apathetic to FT slowly but surely was the show becoming predictable story structure wise even in the canon arcs
Mar 5, 2013 6:26 PM
Nov 2010
IntroverTurtle said:
Z-flame said:
AirStyles said:
Oh...

*plan to watch*
I've heard 50 episodes being thrown around a lot, is that when you decided that you didn't like it much? Do people really not like the fighting festival arc that much.
Really? I just said the number at random. Can't remember what happens in that episode.
Mar 5, 2013 6:37 PM

Nov 2010
Z-flame said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Z-flame said:
AirStyles said:
Oh...

*plan to watch*
Really? I just said the number at random. Can't remember what happens in that episode.
Hmmm I've heard that number used a lot, like "I only made it to 50" and stuff like that. I thought there was a connection.
Mar 5, 2013 6:38 PM

Oct 2012
one of my 10 of 10 anime....

this news depressed me... :"(

Mar 5, 2013 8:51 PM

Mar 2012
Man that sucks, hope they just changing channels or something, FT prob my fav shounen running atm.
I think this is more to with it being so close to catching up to the manga tho.
Mar 5, 2013 8:53 PM
Oct 2010
IntroverTurtle said:

Hmmm I've heard that number used a lot, like "I only made it to 50" and stuff like that. I thought there was a connection.

There's a really awful filler arc after one of the parts, I didn't know the source material but I dropped it as soon as I noticed it was a filler arc.
Mar 5, 2013 9:00 PM

Nov 2010
skudoops said:
IntroverTurtle said:

There's a really awful filler arc after one of the parts, I didn't know the source material but I dropped it as soon as I noticed it was a filler arc.
I just checked the wikia, it was the daphne filler arc that you stopped near. That one was horrible. The bad thing about Fairy Tail is that the fillers stick out, and since it has small arcs when it gets bigger filler arcs they stick out. The latest filer arc is the second largest arc in the whole show for now.
Mar 5, 2013 11:26 PM

Mar 2012
People these days dont know how to skip fillers.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Mar 6, 2013 12:44 AM
Feb 2013
Mashima said recently he had a good news. We just have to wait! And for the Haters, all i can say is futile garbage! What did you get after hating fairy tail? HELL?

YOU BETTER START MAKING YOUR OWN SHOUNEN MANGA WHERE THERE'S NO FRIENDSHIP EXIST! I BET YOU CAN'T DRAW EVEN SIMPLE CHARACTERS? OR STRUCTURING A PLOT?

HOW SAD!
Mar 6, 2013 12:53 AM

Apr 2011
fairytailsome said:
Mashima said recently he had a good news. We just have to wait! And for the Haters, all i can say is futile garbage! What did you get after hating fairy tail? HELL?

YOU BETTER START MAKING YOUR OWN SHOUNEN MANGA WHERE THERE'S NO FRIENDSHIP EXIST! I BET YOU CAN'T DRAW EVEN SIMPLE CHARACTERS? OR STRUCTURING A PLOT?

HOW SAD!

How about writing normally so that a hater will even take you seriously. Also, Mashima said he has good news. That's great, but do you really think he will announce that the anime will come back when it was only just announced that the anime will be finishing soon? It seems unlikely. Also, try to look through the points as to why haters hate on FT. There are those who hate it because it's becoming generic, there are those who hate it for the excessive fanservice (more seen in the manga though) and there are those who hate it for being popular (every long runner has this one).

IntroverTurtle said:
Z-flame said:
AirStyles said:
Oh...

*plan to watch*

FT was at it's peak at around episode 50. It had just finished a pretty awesome arc and was preparing for another awesome one. If anything, it was the S-Rank arc that "spoiled" FT for some of it's then-fans. Also, like KuroLion said, it would be nice to see another run of Hajime no Ippo, maybe a remake. But that's for another thread.
Mar 6, 2013 5:22 AM

Apr 2011
shadowtsunami said:
50 episodes in is when Mirajane starts to fight haha, so I don't think so

I said around. The Culture Fest arc ended at around episode 48, then came a couple of filler episodes after which the Oracion Seis arc started. And Miragane's Satan Soul was done brilliantly.
Mar 6, 2013 5:37 AM

Feb 2012
Tell me this isn't the end of the Fairy Tail franchise. I mean it's quite popular not only in Japan but all over the world. Tbh, I had fun watching it though it had so many plot holes and whatsoever. I know it's quite childish but who cares!? I don't even get it. Why are some long-running series still gets animated despite of them being 600 episode or 500 episode long? (e.g One Piece and Detective Conan) Well, that's just disappointing. Meh. Quite a big loss if you ask me.
Mar 6, 2013 5:53 AM

Apr 2011
pizza_012 said:
Tell me this isn't the end of the Fairy Tail franchise. I mean it's quite popular not only in Japan but all over the world. Tbh, I had fun watching it though it had so many plot holes and whatsoever. I know it's quite childish but who cares!? I don't even get it. Why are some long-running series still gets animated despite of them being 600 episode or 500 episode long? (e.g One Piece and Detective Conan) Well, that's just disappointing. Meh. Quite a big loss if you ask me.

From what the guys on here have been saying, it's having bad ratings, apparently. One Piece wouldn't end since it sells well and gets very high ratings and I'm not sure about Detective Conan. If a long runner wants to keep on running, ratings are what keeps them going, but, from what I've read in this thread, FT has apparently been averaging very low for a prime time show.
Mar 6, 2013 6:16 AM
Oct 2011
pizza_012 said:
Because:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-03-03/japan-animation-tv-ranking-february-18-24
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-02-24/japan-animation-tv-ranking-february-11-17
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-02-17/japan-animation-tv-ranking-february-4-10
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-02-10/japan-animation-tv-ranking-january-28-february-3

One Piece and Detective Conan have more than 8 household rating in Japan, Toriko has more than 5, Hunter x Hunter has more than 3-3.5. I'm not sure about Naruto, but it appears in that chart once in a while, I think it's somewhere around 2-2.5. From what I know long-runners depend on household rating more than DVD sales to keep them going, and Fairy Tail has been getting a 1 for household TV rating, and according to some people here, it's been getting a 2 in 2011 or in the beginning of 2012, so basically it's dropping and there's no profit from it anymore.
Candor123Mar 6, 2013 6:24 AM
Mar 6, 2013 6:24 AM
Feb 2012
How many episodes will this have been once it's over? Just curious...
Mar 6, 2013 6:27 AM

Apr 2011
MarineSlate said:

175 episodes. Just check the MAL page.
Mar 6, 2013 6:34 AM

Jun 2012
I stopped watching FT at ep 150, I was waiting for episodes to pile up because I was too impatient to watch only one episode a week. Not really a huge fan or anything, but still a bit disappointed to hear it's over... I will watch these last 25 episodes tomorrow :P

This is Bleach all over again.
Mar 6, 2013 7:53 AM

Nov 2010
yhunata said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Z-flame said:
AirStyles said:
Oh...

*plan to watch*

FT was at it's peak at around episode 50. It had just finished a pretty awesome arc and was preparing for another awesome one. If anything, it was the S-Rank arc that "spoiled" FT for some of it's then-fans. Also, like KuroLion said, it would be nice to see another run of Hajime no Ippo, maybe a remake. But that's for another thread.
I guess I could see that, I wasn't that impressed with the arcs after the tower arc. Yes the timeskip came out of nowhere, the amount of time, what happened during, I just didn't like.
No Ippo doesn't need a remake, it needs sequels. Someone I was talking to said that it's possible for them to easily make over 200 episodes with the amount of material.

fairytailsome said:

HOW SAD!
Well shows that I enjoy more than Fairy Tail are still airing, and Fairy Tail is ending. Who is really losing here. One Piece isn't going to end anytime soon.

shadowtsunami said:
50 episodes in is when Mirajane starts to fight haha, so I don't think so
That would be true if it was a great fight, but it was too fast and the ending was bad. So I still think so.
Mar 6, 2013 8:08 AM

Apr 2011
in the end if it ends it ends but it wont stop people missing it. all of you saying "im glad its ending" "it was shit anyway" should shut up. if you stopped watching it then you don't need 2 say shit about it. it may come back, i doubt it but it might anyway. but bitching about it aint gona change nothing.

personally i hate that its finishing at this arc, if it ended during the last arc i might not of minded to much but still, one arc thats shit compared to others that are pretty good is fine. no anime ever has 100% great arcs.
Mar 6, 2013 8:33 AM

Aug 2010
Well, thats too bad. Maybe I should start the anime soon...
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Mar 6, 2013 8:40 AM
Sep 2012
How does decensoring FT help? There's not much nudity in the manga to begin with, and the blood/wounds are usually just patches of scratches on the arms and legs.

And lol at hating A-1 for being a business and praising Sunrise for continuing AGE. Remember Gundam X? Do you even know why AGE didn't get cut? Unicorn literally sold more than Bakemono, granted it's an OVA but I'm positive if they released the show in regular length episodes they would still beat 99% of otaku anime in sales.
Mar 6, 2013 8:46 AM

Sep 2010
tombrady said:
How does decensoring FT help? There's not much nudity in the manga to begin with, and the blood/wounds are usually just patches of scratches on the arms and legs.

And lol at hating A-1 for being a business and praising Sunrise for continuing AGE. Remember Gundam X? Do you even know why AGE didn't get cut? Unicorn literally sold more than Bakemono, granted it's an OVA but I'm positive if they released the show in regular length episodes they would still beat 99% of otaku anime in sales.

Uh I think most people were wishing for AGE to be canceled and were bitching at Sunrise for keeping it on air. -___-

I love AGE, but it was clear that it failed in both ratings (it was below 1% most of the time) and media sales the only reason they kept it around was they were using Unicorn's sales hoping that it would reach to a new generation of Gundam fans which it never did.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 6, 2013 8:50 AM
Sep 2012
Well Gundam is mainly fujoshi + gunpla fans + old school UC fans it's not a surprise why AGE flopped.
Mar 6, 2013 9:14 AM

Sep 2010
tombrady said:
Well Gundam is mainly fujoshi + gunpla fans + old school UC fans it's not a surprise why AGE flopped.

Sadly thats true, but AGE did have some nice mecha designs imo. Also I'm probably the only person here that actually liked the character designs fresh and different.

Not really looking forward to The Origins since I didn't like the original 0079, but maybe Sunrise will pull a fast one on me and the remake will be leagues better I'll still watch it all the way through since its Gundam even if its good or not. Cause I just couldn't get emotionally invested with the story like I did with the other series and the derpy animation didn't help its case either.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 6, 2013 9:21 AM
Feb 2012
yhunata said:
MarineSlate said:

175 episodes. Just check the MAL page.

lulz, I thought this would be a neverending one so I never check pages like that. Thanks.
Mar 6, 2013 9:27 AM

May 2012
shadowtsunami said:
Anyone notice that Fairy Tail ended just like Bleach did? Seriously, all of a sudden they both announce that they were ending with like 5-7 episodes left. The both ended in the same month around the same time too. Bleach ended on like March 26 last year and this is ending March 30th

Its abruptly because they did not "end", they were effectively cancelled.
Mar 6, 2013 2:27 PM

Oct 2009
Im pretty sure theyre gonna start it up again. It doesn't make sense that such a popular anime and manga would suddenly stop. Especially when they just had a movie! Obviously if it had a movie, its a big anime.
Mar 6, 2013 2:39 PM

Nov 2010
IchiakiI said:
Im pretty sure theyre gonna start it up again. It doesn't make sense that such a popular anime and manga would suddenly stop. Especially when they just had a movie! Obviously if it had a movie, its a big anime.
That's the thing, the anime wasn't that popular and the anime was catching up to the manga. And the movie could have bombed.
Mar 6, 2013 3:11 PM

Apr 2012
i think like usa networks, they making good money due selling the rights for other countries.. and i think FT is popular and made good money there. but honestly, i love anime but i hate how the anime networks working in japan...

- they canceling anime w/o any informations, why, after 175 eps or 350.
- from most of the anime u never see a 2nd season.. w/o informations

etc...

everytime a new anime comes out i wait, if it gets and 2nd season, and if nit..i look if the story have a good ending.

and in the end i know why i love live action series more.
Mar 6, 2013 3:16 PM
Feb 2013
I guess japanese did'nt like wizards in anime
! But seriously, why did they do that?? Because of ratings? ! The manga is popular, actually the new vol. 36 of ft has a better sales compared to vol. 35 after 2 weeks! So.. i bet the anime is the reason because of the animation being downgraded!!... nahhh.. don't
Care about the haters throwing garbage stuff in this forum..
Theyre doing that because they can't accept the fact that their fav. Anime/ manga are being hated also.. ..

LONG LIVE FAIRY TAIL!
fairytailsomeMar 6, 2013 3:22 PM
Mar 6, 2013 3:43 PM
Jun 2012
Here is another picture I saw in a Fairy Tail Facebook group i'm in:

Mar 6, 2013 3:48 PM

Nov 2012
LessHoly said:
Here is another picture I saw in a Fairy Tail Facebook group i'm in:

Holly shit is this true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (21) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Voice Actor Takeo Ootsuka Announces Marriage

Hyperion_PS - 23 minutes ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
23 minutes ago

» "Oshi no Ko" Season 2 Reveals Supporting Cast Pair, Opening Theme, First Promo

DatRandomDude - May 26

15 by red-tomato »»
5 hours ago

» 'Boku no Hero Academia the Movie: You're Next' Announces Additional Cast Pair

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

9 by RobertBobert »»
9 hours ago

» 'Sayounara Ryuusei, Konnichiwa Jinsei' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, First Promo for Fall 2024

DatRandomDude - May 29

3 by Nachtwandler_21 »»
11 hours ago

» 'Ninja Batman tai Yakuza League' Sequel Anime Movie Announced

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by MahiaErebeaNegi »»
Today, 1:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.