Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 2, 2013 7:14 AM

Feb 2008
According to Televi Magazine, the TV anime of Fairy Tail was announced to end on March 30th. Tanken Driland will be moved to the Saturday morning time slot.

Source: Scan of Televi Magazine, Scan of Jump SQ

Story by TheCtes
NaruleachMar 2, 2013 1:02 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (21) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 2, 2013 7:14 AM
Mar 2, 2013 7:15 AM

Oct 2012
I have read the news earlier but they never mentioned why. O: Can someone tell me the reason?
Mar 2, 2013 7:17 AM
May 2012
....W8 WHAT?!?!?!?!?! WHY?!?!?!?!

Jul 2011
An honest LOL here. XD

I dropped FT a while back. Guess I can marathon it now.
MirorinMar 3, 2013 7:47 AM

Sep 2010
raionsama said:
I have read the news earlier but they never mentioned why. O: Can someone tell me the reason?

Getting too close to the manga and low TV ratings.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 2, 2013 7:19 AM
Jul 2012
switch from a-1 pls when it comes back.

Sep 2012
Some TV channel will air the last episode earlier than Mar 30. Like Gifu TV, on its website it said it will air the "last episode" on Mar 28th.

http://www.zf-web.com/anime/fairytail/
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
May 2012
Roloko said:
raionsama said:

Like Naruto never has that happening. And low ratings?!
Mar 2, 2013 7:21 AM
Dec 2008
It'll probably be back.
Mar 2, 2013 7:22 AM

Aug 2012
So only four more episodes, huh? That's disappointing.
Mar 2, 2013 7:24 AM

Apr 2011
No offense to it's fans, but this is somewhat funny to me. Well, I dropped it sometime ago, so good luck to the fans on finding something else to watch.
Mar 2, 2013 7:25 AM

Jan 2010
Cordelia said:
It'll probably be back.

Exactly, I think everyone is overreacting. This usually happens with long-running anime. Since they're cutting it off in the middle of an arc, we're likely to get another season or something of the likes. I think we should all just be patient for some good news for now.
Mar 2, 2013 7:25 AM

Apr 2012
So, the same thing that has happened to Bleach?

Well, think I'll watch it now.
Mar 2, 2013 7:26 AM
May 2012
WickedHeroine said:
Cordelia said:
It'll probably be back.

Exactly, I think everyone is overreacting. This usually happens with long-running anime. Since they're cutting it off in the middle of an arc, we're likely to get another season or something of the likes. I think we should all just be patient for some good news for now.
I don't see Bleach coming back.
Mar 2, 2013 7:27 AM
Nov 2010
And now Bleach will take its place.
Z-flameMar 2, 2013 7:37 AM
Mar 2, 2013 7:27 AM

Dec 2011
Fairy Tail has been decreasing steadily decreasing in quality for a long time now. Honestly I think it's time a different anime take up that slot.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2013 7:28 AM

Nov 2012
Z-flame said:
Ad now Bleach will take its place.
I wish
Mar 2, 2013 7:28 AM

Oct 2012
yhunata said:
No offense to it's fans, but this is somewhat funny to me. Well, I dropped it sometime ago, so good luck to the fans on finding something else to watch.

Totally had this in mind. And I dropped it after 50 eps.

Sophilia said:
Roloko said:
raionsama said:

I see. I'm not fond of FT but thanks for the info. I'm not shocked about it having low ratings.
Mar 2, 2013 7:29 AM

Apr 2012
Well that's not a big lose .

Mar 2, 2013 7:30 AM

Mar 2011
Saw this coming but it will probably be back.
Mar 2, 2013 7:31 AM
Aug 2011
D: I didn't see this coming.

JavierR said:
switch from a-1 pls when it comes back.

We can only hope that someone else please take Fairy Tail away from them.
Mar 2, 2013 7:33 AM

Jul 2008
And stay away.

Mar 2, 2013 7:34 AM

Sep 2009
i think it's only a temporary ending until the manga get a bit ahead.
Mar 2, 2013 7:36 AM
Feb 2012
There's a pretty good chance that it'll come back. This is a good thing for people who are interested in the show but couldn't catch up with the episodes (such as myself).
Mar 2, 2013 7:37 AM

May 2012
Cordelia said:
It'll probably be back.

Haven't enjoyed the show that much but of all arcs for it to stop, why the one I finally started to enjoy ;(

May 2011
komic said:
i think it's only a temporary ending until the manga get a bit ahead.

True. I'm thinking that it'll take the same approach that Gintama does when it catches up with the manga.

Jan 2011
My heart aches
Mar 2, 2013 7:38 AM

Apr 2012
dranime1 said:
Z-flame said:
Ad now Bleach will take its place.
I wish

i miss bleach so much
Mar 2, 2013 7:38 AM
May 2012
and i dropped it 2eps ago cuz i couldn't bare the adaptation of a-1 pictures anymore,...
it shouldn't be aired on weekend mornings cuz then the bloody upcoming things in the manga will be poorly adapted...
Mar 2, 2013 7:41 AM

Aug 2008
I dropped it around ep130. Anything good happened since then?
Mar 2, 2013 7:42 AM
May 2012
Kvakond said:
Guild Tourny.
Mar 2, 2013 7:44 AM
Oct 2011
About time. A-1 should stop taking more than they can handle, and they should stop animating battle-shounen.

The thread makes me remember when Bleach, Hitman Reborn, D.Gray-man and some other battle-shounen ended, with how the fans keep saying "It'll return! It'll return!!", but none of these saw the light again, neither Bleach, which was 6 chapter near its manga when it ended, nor Hitman Reborn, whose manga ended recently, nor D.Gray-man, which is currently suffering from hiatuses. Nor Nurarihyon, or Deadman Wonderland, or Highschool of the Dead. Or even some old popular long-runners like Slam Dunk for example. Actually what most of these share in common is that when their anime ended their manga ended a while after them (Reborn, Nura, Slam Dunk, DW is near its end, Bleach is in its final arc)
Mar 2, 2013 7:47 AM
Jun 2008
Well, I cried already too much !! This is really disappointing </3 FT is my favorite Anime ever .. I can't believe it .. All I can so is wait for Mashima Sensei's Twitter update ..!
Mar 2, 2013 7:49 AM
Dec 2012
Watching: 171 of 175
WTFFFFF
This can't be..
Imposibble.... D:<
Mar 2, 2013 7:49 AM

May 2012
FINAL FUCKINGLY. NOW I CAN MARATHON IT
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Mar 2, 2013 7:50 AM
Mar 2012
Candor said:
About time. A-1 should stop taking more than they can handle.

The thread makes me remember when Bleach, Hitman Reborn, D.Gray-man and some other battle-shounen ended, with how the fans keep saying "It'll return! It'll return!!", but none of these saw the light again, neither Bleach, which was 6 chapter near its manga when it ended, nor Hitman Reborn, whose manga ended recently, nor D.Gray-man, which is currently suffering from hiatuses. Nor Nurarihyon, or Deadman Wonderland, or Highschool of the Dead. Or even some old popular long-runners like Slam Dunk for example. Actually what most of these share in common is that when their anime ended their manga ended a while after them (Reborn, Nura, Slam Dunk, DW is near its end, Bleach is in its final arc)

Well Bleach literally just eneded, personally i wouldn't want it back for a year or two so we can really have no filler in the near future. It would destroy the good pacing of the current arc.

The other one I can comment on is DMW, since the anime doesn't really do the manga justice. The changes basically screw up the later arcs because some characters are just removed so I wouldn't want another anime of it to be honest. You never know when something will be back so the fans can hope if the manga's still getting good ratings.

Personally, i watched one episode and it was meh so I've no issue with it.
Oct 2011
Kvakond said:
A tournament with too many asspulls and nakama power-ups.

May 2012
Candor said:
About time. A-1 should stop taking more than they can handle, and they should stop animating battle-shounen.

Agreeed. The only question is, Slam Dunk ? Really ? The anime didnt finish animate all ? Wow, i got to read the mAnga then.
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Mar 2, 2013 7:51 AM

Oct 2009
huaaa... i just believe in Fairy Tail fans.. that will be direct continuation of this anime ASAP...

Well.. i just cant stop to thinking my day without this anime.. huaa

I hope this anime dont make me wait to long like Inuyasha series before it takes 4 years to see true ending *.* on anime version... huftt (*0*)

Feb 2013
Is this real life.

FT can't go away ;(

"Hodor" - Hodor

Jun 2012
I guess I'll start watching it now.

May 2012
Candor said:
Kvakond said:

U lasted quite long, I survived till ep 70, and its on hold till now
Mar 2, 2013 7:52 AM
Nov 2010
Sophilia said:
Kvakond said:
Guild Tourny.
power of friendship pwns all
Mar 2, 2013 7:53 AM
Oct 2011
Tommk said:
Candor said:

Agreeed. The only question is, Slam Dunk ? Really ? The anime didnt finish animate all ? Wow, i got to read the mAnga then.
Yeah the nationals weren't even touched in the anime. The last game in the manga was brilliant, I marathoned its 5 volumes in an hour.
Mar 2, 2013 7:55 AM

Apr 2011
Candor said:
Kvakond said:

You speak as if it had anything else going on in FT? The setting for the arc is changed and the rest is all the same shit.
Mar 2, 2013 7:59 AM

May 2009
Sophilia said:
WickedHeroine said:
Cordelia said:
It'll probably be back.

I don't see Bleach coming back.

Nor Kenichi. Nor KHR. Nor Slam Dunk.
If a long shounen ends because of the low rating, it is not sure to be continued (except as OVA-s).
Mar 2, 2013 7:59 AM

Aug 2009
Sophilia said:
Roloko said:
raionsama said:

Because Naruto had many fillers ??

ANYWAY, WHAT THE HELL THIS SHIT !!!!! HEEEEE ????

Fucking [ur=http://myanimelist.net/anime/14333/Tanken_Driland]Tanken Driland[/url]

TheAwakenHD said:
Well that's not a big lose .

Not a big lose, you said?? It`s really a big problem :((
KvakondMar 2, 2013 8:15 AM
Mar 2, 2013 8:00 AM

Dec 2007
yhunata said:
Candor said:
Kvakond said:

You speak as if it had anything else going on in FT? The setting for the arc is changed and the rest is all the same shit.

Isn't changing the settings what they do 99/100 times in anime? Why do we watch this stuff anyway? lol

Oh well...Kind of sad to hear it's going to stop in the middle of an arc. They would be rather stupid to leave the series like that. Oh...there is the film aswell...
Mar 2, 2013 8:00 AM

Oct 2009
Well.. just hope all of our favorite anime series will return ^^..

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (21) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

70 by dodoxdo97 »»
7 minutes ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 9 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
7 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.