Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 14, 2013 2:31 PM

Sep 2012
Another great episode from Psycho pass. From this episode now makashima is more of an anti-villain than a main villain, the main villain is probably the person or people who made this system. I have a filling that a lot of the main cast will die in the final episodes it's Urobuchi after all :).
Feb 14, 2013 2:35 PM

Jul 2012
I actually thought Uro wouldn't reveal it in such a manner, but it's a nice surprise. I'm glad things are right back up there and didn't die down too much in terms of the suspense.

Not really a big surprise with the Sibyl System, but the way it is presented is kind of unexpected to me. Looking forward to the next episode!
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Feb 14, 2013 2:36 PM

Oct 2012
Wouldnt it be cool if this had 50+ more episodes left and each episode would have been about killing a sibyl brain agent boss, and as it progreses, the villains get stronger and stronger with makishima or Akane (brain form) being the final boss.

They brain agents would have different fighting techniques/weaknesses.

One could have fire powers, while another could have water powers, or mechanical powers, etc.
Star_BoyFeb 14, 2013 2:40 PM
Feb 14, 2013 2:38 PM

Jan 2011
[center]
Feb 14, 2013 2:39 PM

Oct 2012
VioLink said:

We can't see the picture...
Feb 14, 2013 2:40 PM

Jan 2013
Wow its hard to say, but this easily topped Ep 15 as best ep of this show so far.
Feb 14, 2013 2:57 PM

Aug 2011
Great episode, even thought it was mostly a conversation about two people, or should I say 1 badass villain and another cyborg looking bitch? Either way, the cyborg looking bitch got pretty much owned by Shogou there. Loved it, even though he got away, but I think Shinya Kougami wants a rematch against him, and I can totally see that happen towards the ending of this epic show.

Not much of a surprise to hear what the Sibyl system actually was, I had an idea on what it could be, and I have to say wasn't surprised. A system flawed like Sibyl shouldn't have much time left, now that Shogou knows what it really is. I knew he wouldn't accept the idea of being reduced to a cog as he self said, and he didn't disappoint!

Now I really can't wait for the other episode seeing the tease after the credit there.

Feb 14, 2013 3:05 PM

Jun 2009
Danielcook said:
Wouldnt it be cool if this had 50+ more episodes left and each episode would have been about killing a sibyl brain agent boss, and as it progreses, the villains get stronger and stronger with makishima or Akane (brain form) being the final boss.

They brain agents would have different fighting techniques/weaknesses.

One could have fire powers, while another could have water powers, or mechanical powers, etc.

Yeah! And then Kougami would need to do a training arc to learn bankai. Meanwhile the detective stuff will be replaced with battles between people we don't care about constantly playing the "who can pull the most shit out of their ass" game. These fights would take five episodes each and then...No. Just no.
What you are suggesting is for Psycho pass to become a shounen battle manga. That is a terrible idea.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Feb 14, 2013 3:25 PM
Jul 2011
bakuramariks said:
Redqueenrose said:
I'm still hoping that he gets what he deserves at the end regardless of the "good deed" he did in this episode by going to town on the chief.

I'm hoping, too, for our main guys to get what they deserve regardless of the "good deeds" they did from the very first episode and before that :) (with exception of Akane, of course).

Does that mean that you want the main guys like shinya and the others to get killed or are u talking about the other brains, cause shinya or the others are not evil or anything?
Bella-desuFeb 14, 2013 3:34 PM
Feb 14, 2013 3:39 PM
Jan 2013
Just like everyone predicted -- Sybil system is run by brains. Makishima proved to be an interesting character.
Feb 14, 2013 3:42 PM

Oct 2012
When the guy died, he didn't feel pain?
Feb 14, 2013 3:51 PM

Jan 2011
A green Tachikoma appears?

Nooo. Damn you Psychopass for keeping me awake at this ungodly hour and fooling me right on!

Whoa, such a quiet city... that after the war feeling gave me the creeps. And who's this mysterious chick? I don't remeber seeing her in the previous episodes.

Well of course Makishima is gone, he "disappeared" and the chief is back with her looks and manipulation. Her hair looks a bit different though.
what a-what a-whaaaaa, oh my goodness, this woman, or whatever she is, is a beast! Wasn't expecting that. The neck, the eyes... pokerface.
Big time Ghost in the Shell flashback.
She's downright frightening. That fight, the tension... crazy, just crazy. One more down, thanks Urobuchi. So what now, Makishima? I'm shaking like the chief's legs haha. Damn Kougami, is your hunch that good it predicts the future?
I'm so in awe at this show I'm out of words *.*

Marow said:
At least there aren't any slugs.

Danielcook said:
So they are going to fight a bunch of brains now?

You guys are hilarious XD VioLink, you bad, bad boy.
fataverdeFeb 14, 2013 4:05 PM
The world is the illusion of the real world.
Feb 14, 2013 4:13 PM
Sep 2011
A bit brutal, but I was happy Makishima got the chief, she really needed to die.
I loved ths episode like all the rest. You can tell now this story is reaching its conclusion and I am hoping it will be epic. I get the feeling though Makishima may end up becoming an anti-hero after this episode. Of course this is an Urobachi work though so anything is possible.
Feb 14, 2013 4:28 PM

Jul 2009
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Feb 14, 2013 4:30 PM

Sep 2012
This episode was good, and sorta disappointing. Wanted to Sibyl System to be something more insane.
Makishima is a badass though.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"I don't do anything I don't have to. What I have to do, I do quickly." -Oreki Houtarou
Feb 14, 2013 4:32 PM

Jul 2009
wait so why was robot lady all beat up last episode?
Feb 14, 2013 4:33 PM

Feb 2010
I liked the episode, but it was kinda stupid that he was able to escape just like that.
Kurogashi said:
wait so why was robot lady all beat up last episode?

Acid thrown by Choe (the guy that was with makishima)
Feb 14, 2013 4:37 PM

Jun 2011
another great episode.
Feb 14, 2013 4:37 PM

Oct 2012
Well this woman shadow in the copter (16:54) switching off medical monitors - who was it? I thought Chief and Makishima was there alone.

Mich666Feb 14, 2013 4:41 PM
Feb 14, 2013 4:42 PM
Oct 2010
mind fucking fucked
dont think shes dead

makishima was so bamf. actually like him now a bit
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Feb 14, 2013 4:55 PM

Nov 2011
Makishima is so BAMF, owning a Cyborg with a book and then break its legs with his bare hands. He is the most powerful guy in this series.

Feb 14, 2013 5:08 PM

Dec 2008
WOW!!! Did anybody else cheer when Makishima beat the sh*t out of that creepy Chief? Makishima may turn out to be a bit of an anti-hero.

I was expecting the Sibyl System to be a little more frightening. Instead of human brains, I was imagining fetuses...millions and millions of fetuses.

Waiting until the next episode is going to be so very hard to do!

Sent with Mal Updater
Feb 14, 2013 5:16 PM

Oct 2012
fataverde said:
A green Tachikoma appears?

Nooo. Damn you Psychopass for keeping me awake at this ungodly hour and fooling me right on!

Whoa, such a quiet city... that after the war feeling gave me the creeps. And who's this mysterious chick? I don't remeber seeing her in the previous episodes.

Well of course Makishima is gone, he "disappeared" and the chief is back with her looks and manipulation. Her hair looks a bit different though.
what a-what a-whaaaaa, oh my goodness, this woman, or whatever she is, is a beast! Wasn't expecting that. The neck, the eyes... pokerface.
Big time Ghost in the Shell flashback.
She's downright frightening. That fight, the tension... crazy, just crazy. One more down, thanks Urobuchi. So what now, Makishima? I'm shaking like the chief's legs haha. Damn Kougami, is your hunch that good it predicts the future?
I'm so in awe at this show I'm out of words *.*

Marow said:
At least there aren't any slugs.

Danielcook said:
So they are going to fight a bunch of brains now?

You guys are hilarious XD VioLink, you bad, bad boy.

It's Akane's elder sister.

And Ginoza's love interest.
Feb 14, 2013 5:28 PM
Feb 2012
My reaction for this episode was literally: HOLY SHIT. OMG. WTF OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD
Feb 14, 2013 5:37 PM

May 2012
I have a feeling that Shougo and Kougami will join forces in the future to end the Sibyl System.. I totally have a different view of Shougo now. Seems like he is not the villain afterall.
Feb 14, 2013 5:44 PM

Feb 2012
Another good episode~

As expected, brains. Didn't expect the chief to be Touma though...
Still doubting that they'll befriend Makishima.

Btw, is Touma dead now? Is his brain on that body anyway? And who's going to make a new body now?
Feb 14, 2013 6:03 PM

Jan 2009
Hydnlife said:
so the world is ran by psyco? ironic isnt it?

the world is governed by psychopaths and geniuses, ye seems legit to me in an exaggerated way

Shougo will be a hero in the end imho, and i think he did not kill Kougami's past partner afterall it was the Chief back when she was still a he and human and criminal
Feb 14, 2013 6:20 PM

Jan 2011
And now everything fits together.
Great story, I'm glad that big surprise was at least something decent.

This kind of reminds me of the game Stalker and its ending.

Having the world run by a bunch of psychopaths... yeah great idea lol.
Feb 14, 2013 6:22 PM

Jun 2009
Yeah Go Makishima nothing less from you the old bitch deserved nothing Less !!
Feb 14, 2013 6:24 PM

Jun 2009
soo awesome scene when he visits Kougami and Calls him cnat wait for more honestly

never stops suprising me
Feb 14, 2013 6:28 PM

Aug 2008
rebelakuma said:
I totally have a different view of Shougo now. Seems like he is not the villain afterall.

.......He's killed innocent people for the sake of watching then suffer. He loves people and their true personalities/habits. That's why he thrusts them into situations that would be entertaining for him.

He's no hero. He's a straight up villain. He just happens to be one of many in this series. lol.
Feb 14, 2013 6:30 PM

Aug 2010
Makashima Shougo was just amazing this episode. Thank you Shougo for killing that bitch chief. Definitely one of the best villains I've seen in a while. And damn, that scene after the credits was pure gold.

5/5
Feb 14, 2013 6:30 PM

Aug 2011
DAAYYYUUUUMMMMMMMMM MAKISHIMA. You badass. What a great "antagonist," even though I don't think he can be considered one anymore.
Feb 14, 2013 6:35 PM
Aug 2012
I hope Kogami beats Shougo ....... in the future...
Somewhat Shougo and the Sibiyl System counter balance each other that's why one has to go
Feb 14, 2013 6:37 PM

Jul 2010
Ragna92 said:
Makashima Shougo was just amazing this episode. Thank you Shougo for killing that bitch chief.

She is probably just a robot being manipulated by the Sibyl system. To kill the Sibyl system is to blast all the brains inside the Sibyl core, after all.

The focus on this episode is definitely Makishima, and his goal has never been more simple: to live a life unrestrained by an overly restricting system (Sibyl). My question is: will he be made to look redeemable after all he's done? Even if he has understandable goals, he killed and toyed with people (including innocents), after all.
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Feb 14, 2013 6:41 PM

Jan 2010
HUMAN BRAIIIINNSSSSSSSSSS
Ok™
Feb 14, 2013 6:57 PM
May 2012
Gotta love that Makishima. Anyway clearly the "chief" was killed but during that time it was Touma who was using that body. He said "we" earlier as in the chief who killed Kagari is probably still alive and it is safe to assume their are multiple bodies they can use. And as to whether or not Makishima is an antagonist is really up to your point of view. Tbh I see him more of a Anit-Hero. Can't wait to see how the story will wrap up and the truth of Kagari's death to be told to the rest of the section~
Feb 14, 2013 6:59 PM

Apr 2011
Makishima was so damn cool. Awesome episode.
Feb 14, 2013 7:17 PM

Sep 2012
Another absolutely incredible episode.
Feb 14, 2013 7:29 PM

Jun 2012
Great episode. Plot is really going somewhere. I really hate that sicko makishima but when he was breaking her legs I couldn't help but feel a twinge of happiness lol. Seems he escaped, I wonder what's next.

5/5
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Feb 14, 2013 8:16 PM

Oct 2012
I'm floored with each damn episode!
Glad I watch into the credits, usually just listen to the ED, and then I was caught off guard there...
Hm, with chief gone...Well I wonder if the news will reach our main characters and what that will mean to them.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Feb 14, 2013 8:55 PM

Jan 2008
Another 7 days to wait for next ep is torture. Damn, pretty good episode. I'd say, Makishima you rock here. I thought they wouldn't reveal about the core of Sibyl system yet...with in my mind the discovery would be in the near end of the season with Kou and the inspectors.
Feb 14, 2013 8:56 PM

Oct 2012
FRIEND OR FOE?!

^ Why isn't this updating...
Feb 14, 2013 9:34 PM
May 2012
OH COME ON!! I can't believe Makishima kills the chief & escapes.... I thought both chief & makishima gonna work together to start an evil plan!!

Great, Kougami has a nightmare since he's now on the loose!!

My other thoughts of EP17:-

- Chief is apparently Touma Kouzaburo all along?!

- It's obvious that how the interior inside the transport ship who both Makishima & Chief kinda looks like they were in the room!
JafriZinFeb 14, 2013 9:38 PM
Feb 14, 2013 10:09 PM

Jan 2013
Continuing to be great
Feb 14, 2013 10:16 PM

Jun 2009
That bitch deserved it.
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Feb 14, 2013 11:01 PM

Jan 2008
JeffreyZin said:

- Chief is apparently Touma Kouzaburo all along?!

No. Generally they swap the brain on the chief's body or the person called Kasei Joshu (or Jousei here in MAL chara list). At that time or in this episode, it's Touma's brain. His brain was used in chief's body so to talk and convince Makishima to join the Sybil system, since they were old friends.

Below are what the chief said. The time I indicated reflects in my video player.
@9:38 - "Our brain are unitized, so they can be swapped easily."
@9:41 - "We generally took turns using this body."
Feb 14, 2013 11:11 PM

Dec 2012
i'll probably have to rewatch that episode to make sure that i didn't miss anything. but all in all a great episode, as always.

but i have one question: whose brains were that? i guess i overheard it because i'm still half-asleep.

and i'm not so sure that the chief really is dead. makishima did destroy the body, yeah, but it was a machine after all. so maybe the brain is still intact, who knows...
/being sceptical as usual

and i really start to like makishima. usually villains always want to rule the world and the fact that he didn't say "yes" in an instant makes me happy. it's great that he still has his own plan.
Feb 14, 2013 11:19 PM

Jul 2010
Distributed computing by human brains? That's creepy.
I saw something similar in Battle Angel Alita.
Feb 14, 2013 11:29 PM

Jun 2012
That was a really cool episode, Makishima was pretty cool, deciding to go against being a god.
5/5.

Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

353 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 1:35 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

289 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

227 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

274 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 10:12 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

567 by scorpioniclibra »»
May 4, 8:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.