Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 2, 2012 8:54 AM

Oct 2010
kondee said:
Yumekichi11 said:
A rather interesting cyber crime patrol this episode. One thing I will quickly mention is the following spoiler
Poor girl. Is she even dead or KO? If help is not done in thee end, she will be decapitated into pieces. Sick shit really if it happens and with the tomatoes chances are it might less she is saved in time. Might edit later.

I can't help but laugh considering my cousin was joking with me
that Gen Urobuchi has a choke fetish with women. I told him eh...I think you're exaggerating.
It's interesting you mention this cause I though it was very similar to Fate/Zero's scene with Irisviel "Iri" von Einzbern whom the choking had a much similar show like this one.

I am not sure of knowing the personal tastes of these people but it's possible Gen has a choking fetsih and it's possible he likes that IRL but IMO he just did it to traumatize people as much he did with that same shit on Iri and yeah RAGE LOADS! When that happened. This girl of this episode I could care less. Now get her to interact and give me some time to like her then maybe it would be different.

What I care of is WTF is the dude's problem in doing this. What is it that made him jealous to the point of killing a person just due to their avatar and ways online whom are fictional IMO?????

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 2, 2012 8:58 AM

Jan 2009
Who voiced spooky boogie? I can't find info on the seiyu. Seems like the girl form that Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru!
ItadakiimasuNov 2, 2012 9:03 AM
Nov 2, 2012 9:12 AM

May 2009
Itadakiimasu said:
Who voiced spooky boogie?
Taketatsu Ayana
Nov 2, 2012 9:12 AM

Jun 2012
lol this anime is dilly dallying
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Nov 2, 2012 9:13 AM

Jan 2009
stAtic91 said:
Itadakiimasu said:
Who voiced spooky boogie?
Taketatsu Ayana

Ah thanks, I got it wrong hehehe :P
Nov 2, 2012 9:41 AM

Sep 2011
This ep kinda disappointed me, i was really looking forward to more action
Nov 2, 2012 9:49 AM

Sep 2011
MajorArmstrong said:
totally wtf'd this episode, can honestly say that i wasn't expecting it to go in that direction. Hope the virtual reality avatar hijacking doesn't last too long because i was hoping this series was gonna be more gritty and dark as i just can't take "spooky boogie" seriously haha.
Yea I agree with you on hoping the series would be more gritty, I prefer the darker, serious side and hoped there would've been more actual action and fighting this ep
Nov 2, 2012 10:31 AM
Sep 2012
hope there will be more long arcs or maybe one huge one. For some reason i get the feeling that something will happen to the machine that controls the crime coefficients which will cause all the detectives to have high amounts and get hunted, while they try to prove their innocence. well that's just my opinion :/
Nov 2, 2012 11:12 AM

Jun 2012
xtremexx said:
hope there will be more long arcs or maybe one huge one. For some reason i get the feeling that something will happen to the machine that controls the crime coefficients which will cause all the detectives to have high amounts and get hunted, while they try to prove their innocence. well that's just my opinion :/

They could be planning to somehow take over the sibil system by using that online thingamajig and then manipulate peoples psycho pass, so then dominators dont work on them = police are fucked xD
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Nov 2, 2012 11:16 AM

Feb 2012
I didnt like the second and third episode,good thing the anime improves once again 5/5 for this episode.
Nov 2, 2012 11:51 AM

Sep 2010
Awesome shitz..... Season's Best Anime...... :D

5/5
Nov 2, 2012 11:59 AM

Feb 2010
Another solid episode...

at first though, I thought I DLed the wrong show lol

I love the character design of "Spooky Boogie".. great avatar.
Nov 2, 2012 12:05 PM

Mar 2012
Obstinate said:
Toucanbird said:
UnbornMVs said:
Dropped . These series are shit .

Yet, one of your favorite animes is Sword Art Online and you have the audacity to call this "shit." Hmm...

Opinions.

Anyways, this was a good episode.

I'm just saying it's a very narrow-minded opinion. I know everyone "likes what they likes and hate what they hate"...I am guessing his reason for hating Psycho-Pass would have to do with the lack of character development as well as progression in the plot, two things Sword Art Online are the MASTERS of.
Nov 2, 2012 12:06 PM

Sep 2012
So a top A graduate had to resort to seeking advice from a charisma counselor on internet that can be just a crackpot....sigh....

Anyway, the more I see this series the less dystopian it seems compared to, say, Blade Runner, Minority Report or 1984. True the mention about being scanned and identified just by appearance on streets can sound like Minority Report but here it is less intrusive and thorough - only identity and perhaps psycho parameters are scanned it seems; the mention of indoor camera may sound like 1984 but here it is used for decoration not for big brother type of monitoring; the dark and night landscape may look like Blade Runner but here there seems to be no lack of people having real fun, and the society is fully employed.

I do not mean to deny there are certain questionable issues in this society, be it the acquiescence of bullying in a government sanctioned factory or the potential to kill an innocent person by police just because she gets emotionally unstable; but I just want to say that it seems the society in this anime did not confirm my worst fear of what a dystopia it is -- at least compared to those works I've just mentioned.

Anyway, I can't shake off the feeling that I am watching an updated version of Kirino (from OreImo) cursing in front of the computer monitor ;-)

When you stare deep into the abyss; the abyss also stares at you
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 2, 2012 12:40 PM
Oct 2010
symbv said:
So a top A graduate had to resort to seeking advice from a charisma counselor on internet that can be just a crackpot....sigh....

Well she didn't know that, apparently the dude was very popular because of the advice he gave working? Either way, alot of people do that, it was a more direct approach but many people ask for advice on the internet from random people, not really out of place imo at least.
Nov 2, 2012 12:42 PM

Jul 2010
so the question guys is, if the victim couldn't have left the house untraced, how come the suspects do so, oh and how come they didn't investigate at that point of view

anyway, a great episode and a solid show still \m/
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Nov 2, 2012 1:02 PM

Sep 2012
skudoops said:
symbv said:
So a top A graduate had to resort to seeking advice from a charisma counselor in internet that can be just a crackpot....sigh....
Well she didn't know that, apparently the dude was very popular because of the advice he gave working? Either way, alot of people do that, it was a more direct approach but many people ask for advice on the internet from random people, not really out of place imo at least.

I know. Perhaps I have some unreasonable expectation that a person who graduated top of the class would know better than going to the most popular talking man in the internet to ask about her personal socializing issue in front of hordes of spectators. Perhaps in that world people are so used to doing things on internet and in public forum instead of seeking private counsel...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 2, 2012 1:42 PM

Dec 2010
randimista said:
MajorArmstrong said:
totally wtf'd this episode, can honestly say that i wasn't expecting it to go in that direction. Hope the virtual reality avatar hijacking doesn't last too long because i was hoping this series was gonna be more gritty and dark as i just can't take "spooky boogie" seriously haha.
Yea I agree with you on hoping the series would be more gritty, I prefer the darker, serious side and hoped there would've been more actual action and fighting this ep
If you're watching this for action, drop this anime now.
Nov 2, 2012 1:51 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Easily the best anime this season. Love the world and the technology they created for this setting.

I'm thinking that the episodes are more linked than we believe and in the end it will all lead to a showdown between Kogami and his nemesis.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 2, 2012 2:30 PM

Apr 2009
Hmm that episode was trash. This anime is starting to get boring. Guilty Crown was much better and more exciting.
Nov 2, 2012 2:38 PM

Jul 2010
Definitely my favorite show of the season so far! (I did a mini-review of the first three episodes in my blog as part of my "Fall Ranking" series.)

Tris episode was full of fantastic world building! Great to finally meet the main antagonist that was foreshadowed in the opening. Now on to the meat, of the first part of the show at least.

On a side note, it is hard to believe that the person whose avatar was Spooky Boogie went to school with Akane! She didn't look like she was anywhere near the same age! Perhaps Akane is older than she looks? (Or that woman had some seriously hard miles on a low mileage frame!)
Nov 2, 2012 4:24 PM

Oct 2012
I felt safe trolling (guilty pleasure) behind my computer screen...not after this.

^ Why isn't this updating...
Nov 2, 2012 4:39 PM
Nov 2010
Clearly there's no moe in this show.
Nov 2, 2012 4:41 PM

Aug 2008
Ok, I'll prepare myself mentally every episode! I'm sure the series is going to be darker and darker!
Nov 2, 2012 4:41 PM

Feb 2012
This wasn't the show that I was most excited for originally, but it's starting become the one that I look forward to most each week.
Nov 2, 2012 4:58 PM
Feb 2012
Toucanbird said:
UnbornMVs said:
Dropped . These series are shit .

Yet, one of your favorite animes is Sword Art Online and you have the audacity to call this "shit." Hmm...

I think the sword art online is pretty decent but on another topic.... Chuuninbyou... a 10 really?
Nov 2, 2012 5:30 PM

Aug 2011
zensunni said:

On a side note, it is hard to believe that the person whose avatar was Spooky Boogie went to school with Akane! She didn't look like she was anywhere near the same age! Perhaps Akane is older than she looks? (Or that woman had some seriously hard miles on a low mileage frame!)

I actually always assumed Akane was in her early twenties, like a graduated university student.
Nov 2, 2012 5:42 PM

May 2012
Z-flame said:
Clearly there's no moe in this show.
It's like Madoka all over again.

JK Akane is pretty moe.
Nov 2, 2012 6:03 PM

Aug 2012
That is one gruesome way to get rid of a body...

Was kind of amused that those forums members had high crime coefficients. Anarchism is likely to lead to crime? Go figure.
Nov 2, 2012 6:09 PM

Jul 2012
Nice Halloween episode with some interesting developments. I knew I got a 1984 vibe from this :)
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Nov 2, 2012 7:11 PM

Apr 2009
Well, this anime has been decent so far.

With these previous 3 episodes, it feels like CSI meets Equilibrium. Boring characters, with a procedural crime similar to that shown in Equilibrium.

Hopefully things pick up with this main antagonist.
Nov 2, 2012 7:33 PM

Sep 2011
Dem Tomatoes portraying the blood being spilt. Oh Man, this show is so damn sexy.
Nov 2, 2012 7:38 PM

Jan 2012
Another nice death.
Nov 2, 2012 8:09 PM

Oct 2010
Kurini said:
Ok, I'll prepare myself mentally every episode! I'm sure the series is going to be darker and darker!
YOU SHOULD! Everyone knows Gen is always planning something nasty around. Look at the O_O of Fate Zero through its course. There are loads. Guess what? Same guy makes this show. Be ready , this is just a taste of it and the OP should also tell you a rather weird screw up around with the setup it has.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 2, 2012 9:25 PM

Oct 2011
HAHA!!! Upgraded Amusphere version - Comosphere!!!
Great episode overall!!!
Signature
Nov 2, 2012 10:37 PM

Dec 2010
FatCobra said:
Hmm that episode was trash. This anime is starting to get boring. Guilty Crown was much better and more exciting.

ok man no....I liked guilty crown too, but this is so much better. besides, they're completely different kinds of anime, you can't really compare them in terms of "excitement"
Nov 3, 2012 12:00 AM

Oct 2012
Good episode. The shot of the tools at the end sparked some pretty nasty mental images though O_O
Nov 3, 2012 12:01 AM

Jul 2008
Oh great the current villains are as bad (as in "bad grades" and not "bad guy") as the villains in the current SAO arc (anime obviously).
Nov 3, 2012 12:14 AM

Feb 2012
Finally, a harder case to solve :D
Nov 3, 2012 12:30 AM

Sep 2012
Well, Urobuchi haven't really disappointed me yet...
Nov 3, 2012 3:56 AM
Nov 3, 2012 4:40 AM

Jun 2011
Masaoka's decision to find the suspect by checking the crime coefficients of the guests is bugging me. Because of the hacking, there was a bit of commotion and people were bewildered so I think it's safe to assume that the crime coefficients of almost everyone present there rose up at that point of time due to confusion and fright. So, among all of those people clad in identical costumes, hoping to find the suspect by simply checking their crime coefficients is stupid in my opinion.
Nov 3, 2012 6:57 AM

Jan 2011
I suspect that Akane will be the next one to be targeted, since she is also pretty famous apparently.
I didn't expect Spooky Boogie to die before Akane saw her irl somehow, so that was pretty unexpected although her death was kinda expected.
I'm looking forward to more, interesting arc.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Nov 3, 2012 7:52 AM
Feb 2012
Sweet, sweet episode. Slowly PP's growing on me.

edit: egoist <3
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Nov 3, 2012 9:07 AM

May 2012
_Rika said:
Masaoka's decision to find the suspect by checking the crime coefficients of the guests is bugging me. Because of the hacking, there was a bit of commotion and people were bewildered so I think it's safe to assume that the crime coefficients of almost everyone present there rose up at that point of time due to confusion and fright. So, among all of those people clad in identical costumes, hoping to find the suspect by simply checking their crime coefficients is stupid in my opinion.

I have to agree with you. His decision really bothered me especially since he was, in my opinion, the wisest man out of the whole team; given his age and his previous conversations with Akane.

Now I know that he's still pretty ignorant regarding how CC works and spreads from one person to another... Oh well.
Nov 3, 2012 10:07 AM

Oct 2010
Nice, nice, nice episode. Oh the suspense :D.

Best anime of the season so far. Easily 5/5

Oh and tomatoes :D

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
Nov 3, 2012 10:22 AM

Oct 2012
I enjoyed the fact that they keep on diving more and more into their universe as the episodes go by. Other than the relationship between the characters and their suspects, I enjoy seeing how their society functions.
Nov 3, 2012 11:11 AM
Jun 2012
JReitan said:
_Rika said:

I have to agree with you. His decision really bothered me especially since he was, in my opinion, the wisest man out of the whole team; given his age and his previous conversations with Akane.

Now I know that he's still pretty ignorant regarding how CC works and spreads from one person to another... Oh well.

In addition, he's been told they're anarchists, which given that what the chunibyo guns measure is thread to the social order, would always have a high value. (as would any political activist)

Odd world building. Apparently the regime thinks just being a 'latent criminal' is enough to always handle things correctly, and all you need is some supervisors with no training. Akane comes directly from some civil servant academy. Seem rather fanatically naïve by the regime.
Nov 3, 2012 12:00 PM
Sep 2011
Gah what the hell? That is one of the most ingenious ways of commiting murder I have seen in an anime but only someone as screwed up as the Urubutcher would think of that which is why I love his work so much.
I was not expecting that ending, not that method of killing the people, still my favorite show of the season bar none.

Also that huge headed Akane thing was not Moe, that thing was terrifying!
edl01Nov 3, 2012 12:07 PM
Nov 3, 2012 12:06 PM

Jul 2011
Horrible. Can someone please tell this guy that artificially creating moments to drop another one of those philosophical gems does not equal good writing. This is almost the exact same level of abuse you would associate with the likes of Tite Kubo and "Oh Great".

So this whole episode was pretty much based on the laughing man case, at least a poor mans version of it any way. This series could do a much better job at disguising where it's influences are coming from. Although that's not the biggest problem, The weakest area so far is the mystery aspect. I find the comparisons to CSI quite fitting both have a lot flash but when it comes to deductions,piecing information together,twists and building suspense both are very lacking.

Will probably give it a few more episodes to see if things will finally start to pick up. For me no amount of talk over the moral ambivalence of the Sibyl system and dominators can gloss over the huge flaws present in this anime.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

353 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 1:35 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

289 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

227 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

274 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 10:12 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

567 by scorpioniclibra »»
May 4, 8:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.