Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Little Monster
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Oct 3, 2012 9:32 PM

Feb 2009
"If you scream I'll rape you"? Are you fucking kidding me?

Yeah, this show isn't for me at all. I've read the manga in the past but clearly I've changed my mind since.
Oct 3, 2012 9:36 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Just decided to watch this based upon the synopsis and I must say I am very impressed and surprised.

For the first episode, the pacing really got you into it and both Haru and Shizuku appear as unique characters who both don't quite fit into the black and white of school. An excellent premise along with unique characters has really caught my eye with this show.

Animation and art were also a great point in my opinion, overall a very satisfying episode 1 and I'm definitely looking forward to more.
Oct 3, 2012 9:50 PM

May 2009
So I finally got around to watching this and first off I hate the opening song and the pictures. It looks childish but maybe that is just me taking anime too seriously and being too picky.

But anyways, the episode was okay. I feel like the just cramped the whole series into that one episode. My initial thought of the anime was that she would slowly have some kind of effect on him and vice versa, kind of like Tomoya and Nagisa. It shocked me that the main male character was so......kid like in a way.

I guess I'll keep watching.
Oct 3, 2012 10:25 PM

Aug 2008
Great first episode, I don't think it should be taken seriously at all at this point...maybe in the future though.
Oct 4, 2012 2:28 AM

Aug 2011
HauntingShock said:
Haruka sounds good as a tsundere too~! :O
Nothing ever sounds good as a tsundere.

HauntingShock said:
But the way she voiced Asuna wasn't the way she voiced other tsundere characters she handled... so Asuna isn't really considered tsundere I guess...
Nah. She's a by-the-book tsundere.
Oct 4, 2012 2:45 AM

Feb 2012
^
Oh well~ :D

The OP theme gave me LSS... First time I heard it I thought of Haruka...and lol I was right. Same style with her "Issai Gassai".
Oct 4, 2012 6:29 AM

Feb 2010
imo, it's kinda too fast. But still, i'm looking forward to the next episode where i can meet the chicken <3

kyaha! xD
mingling with each other are the flames of red and blue
Oct 4, 2012 6:52 AM

Sep 2009
I found this to be a very boring episode, and I think I will drop the series. I used to love shojo, so this is kind of sad, but I guess I just am not into these types of series anymore.
Oct 4, 2012 7:01 AM

Sep 2010
Been a while since I've watched shoujo, but this seems quite interesting.
And dafuq, dat rooster.
Oct 4, 2012 9:07 AM
Sep 2012
Didnt even realize this was a Shoujo until I started reading the thread.

I thought Haru was hilarious. So many spots of comedy and humor that I enjoyed more than I thought I would.

- The obviously fake threat of rape
- Dumping the soda on her head or chasing after her when she retaliates with her own drink
- Jumping out the window on the first meeting
- His tendancy to go "full retard" in any sort of social setting + trying to get better by reading a women's magazine full of dating tips
- The bloody outline from his fight at the begining
- Learning that he was the #1 student at the begining of the year

Heard lots of complaining about the pacing, but I think this is a breathe of fresh air when it comes to a Rom-com. Im starting to tire of 25 episodes of blushing, stuttering and running away/physical beatings coming every time a possible emotional situation comes up. This guy sees what he wants and just says "fuck it, lets give it a go".

Dont care if its considered a Shoujo, but Im going to continue to watch this until a bad string of episodes forces me to stop.
Oct 4, 2012 9:51 AM

May 2012
Wow, I think I'm going to really like this anime. It looks really good so far, I loved this first episode! I really like Haru, and I feel like Mitzu will become a really caring person later on! I'm so excited for more episodes!
Oct 4, 2012 10:02 AM

Aug 2011
clammer said:
Heard lots of complaining about the pacing, but I think this is a breathe of fresh air when it comes to a Rom-com. Im starting to tire of 25 episodes of blushing, stuttering and running away/physical beatings coming every time a possible emotional situation comes up. This guy sees what he wants and just says "fuck it, lets give it a go".

Dont care if its considered a Shoujo, but Im going to continue to watch this until a bad string of episodes forces me to stop.
lol tsunderes.

Here here. I must be a shoujo fan. Discovering my inner teenage girl.
Oct 4, 2012 10:32 AM

Oct 2012
I thought it was pretty funny/cute. I can't wait for more episodes.
Oct 4, 2012 10:35 AM

Sep 2010
DraconisMarch said:
clammer said:

lol tsunderes.

Here here. I must be a shoujo fan. Discovering my inner teenage girl.

Isn't it?
Oct 4, 2012 10:49 AM

Jan 2010
If this is supposed to be romance then that's really fucked up. Within the first episode he's already hit and threatened to rape her. BUT IT'S OKAY because he's so cute and cuddly and he doesn't have any friends! Fucking bullshit.
Oct 4, 2012 12:17 PM
Sep 2012
holypoop said:
If this is supposed to be romance then that's really fucked up. Within the first episode he's already hit and threatened to rape her. BUT IT'S OKAY because he's so cute and cuddly and he doesn't have any friends! Fucking bullshit.

Couple things ...

1. Im a dude so things like "omg hes so kawaii and has beautiful eyes" doesnt apply to me. Im strait.

2. Listen to the threat of rape again. Listen to the tone and inflection. It wasnt serious. Was it PC? No. But it obviously wasnt ment to be a serious threat.

3. He never hit her on purpose. It was an accident.
Oct 4, 2012 12:50 PM

Aug 2011
Ovindel said:
Isn't it?
Isn't what?
Oct 4, 2012 1:43 PM

Jun 2008
Not perfect, but much better than the synopsis made it sound.
Oct 4, 2012 2:12 PM

Sep 2011
had a blast watching this 1
NEETs (No Employment Education Training) are the least desirable people anybody would want to hire and yet they are the first choice to become moderators/admins around the internet. They have yet to have established a sense of responsibility or role in society and many are plain leeches (with minor exceptions). They are given "authority" to police sections of the internet with the powers of The Judge, Jury, and Executioner. Isn't that weird?
-Migrating to another site-
Update 11/9/2016 - Inactive Over a Year. Logged in to laugh at elections.
Oct 4, 2012 2:29 PM

May 2010
Droplet said:
"If you scream I'll rape you"? Are you fucking kidding me?

Yeah, this show isn't for me at all. I've read the manga in the past but clearly I've changed my mind since.

Your dropping after that? He wasn't actually going to do anything to her.

w/e
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Oct 4, 2012 2:32 PM

May 2010
clammer said:
holypoop said:

Couple things ...

1. Im a dude so things like "omg hes so kawaii and has beautiful eyes" doesnt apply to me. Im strait.

2. Listen to the threat of rape again. Listen to the tone and inflection. It wasnt serious. Was it PC? No. But it obviously wasnt ment to be a serious threat.

3. He never hit her on purpose. It was an accident.

What clammer said. (And lol @ 1 thing he said XDD)

If you read the manga you would understand it's NOT like that at all.
It's very sweet and cute. Gosh, why are some people so dumb? XD
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Oct 4, 2012 3:01 PM
Aug 2012
This show seems pretty smart, I like the symbolism in the OP.

His name is Haru right? He seems to remind me of a dog, which was symbolised in the OP, and I think the connection was well established with her not caring about animals and whatnot that she cares about this guy who is pretty much... a dog..

Pretty smart if the show is drawing connections like that on the first episode.
Oct 4, 2012 4:47 PM

Feb 2008
Pretty good episode. I like their voices and have no problems with hair colours. Also for some reasons I thought that it was Haru in that flashback with the rabbit in the manga.

Loved Nagoya's cameos. Can't wait for his introduction.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Oct 4, 2012 5:33 PM

Jul 2011
THIS is gender based equality, it's what I really like about what I've seen so far. Although, I felt the little pangs of "holy crap" when he spilled soda on her, threatened to rape her, basically kiss rape her, and hit her (even accidentally), the show wasn't all about "pamper the princess because she's a chick". Again, if the roles were reversed where there was a dedicated book worm dude and a secretly smart weird tough chick, it would still have the same feel.

Definitely on my need to watch list. Love it.
The chip in my mind, it summons me.
I gave my life to your machines.
Oct 4, 2012 6:19 PM

Feb 2010
TheLocalHentai said:
THIS is gender based equality, it's what I really like about what I've seen so far. Although, I felt the little pangs of "holy crap" when he spilled soda on her, threatened to rape her, basically kiss rape her, and hit her (even accidentally), the show wasn't all about "pamper the princess because she's a chick". Again, if the roles were reversed where there was a dedicated book worm dude and a secretly smart weird tough chick, it would still have the same feel.

Definitely on my need to watch list. Love it.

^ what this person said. I LOVE when things play with the social norms... and make you see another angle.
Oct 4, 2012 6:43 PM

Aug 2012
This is definitely a romcom I'm looking forward to this season.

I didn't know what to expect when I first saw the chicken in the trailer (and it appears once again).
And now that I've finally watched the first episode, I still haven't gotten a clue about what I'm getting into.
Out of curiosity, I've taken a quick peek at the manga, and I believe Brains Base is doing a good job adapting it so far.
The pacing does seem to be a bit fast, but I'm actually liking that.

I'm really enjoying Tomatsu Haruka's portrayal of Shizuku's.
And Haru's bipolarity. I mean, when he dumped the soda over her, daaang.
The main characters' dynamic with each other so far, check.

I can't not mention how lovely and vibrant the OP is, and the color palette. The animation is also well done.
And the ED is by 9nine. I haven't heard of them in a while. ; u ;
aokuroOct 4, 2012 6:48 PM
Oct 4, 2012 7:45 PM

Feb 2012
That MC- It's like i'm watching an extreme version of me.

Anyway, this was better than i thought it would. A bit rushed, but i think a lot of series are having that issue this season. I doubt it's very noticeable though unless you read the manga. I noticed it, and i haven't read it, but i didn't think it was that bad.
Oct 4, 2012 9:15 PM

Jun 2012
Wow one episode in and so much has happened already. It feels like the whole series was condensed into one episode with all the build-up and climax and stuff. Anyway, it is a great start and I am liking to so far, looking forward to more. 5/5 great start.

Oct 4, 2012 10:49 PM

Sep 2011
This episode seemed really long for some reason - in a good way! I mean, so much happened that it's almost hard to absorb. People might see it as being 'rushed' or think the pacing was too fast, but I feel like it's a good amount for plot development. Sure beats filler episodes!
Oct 5, 2012 1:20 AM

Jan 2010
looking good! ! Haru is hot and cute! ! ! And Shizuka remind me a lot of Maka! Even their passion for study is similar!
Oct 5, 2012 3:00 AM

Nov 2011
I NEED A GIF OF THAT EPIC SNAKE CARDBOARD BOX CAMO SCENE!

OH god I have to try that too... Tell a girl I like her and if she says "In a friend way?"

"A SEXUAL WAY!" Giggity.
RagixOct 5, 2012 3:05 AM
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Oct 5, 2012 5:58 AM

Aug 2007
Really nice anime. But I think its the classic shujo story.
Oct 5, 2012 7:45 AM

Jun 2008
I think people are getting too hyped with Haru´s "Ill rape you". How many times havent we seen in anime someone threatning with "Ill kill you!"? Its never a serious threat, they always say it without any intention, like when a guy enters the room of a girl etc. Haru changed "kill" to "rape" even though seriously I bet he has no idea what he was talking about. Its a stupid word that carries a heavy meaning much more than "kill" but in this situation the intention was the same: he just wanted her to be quiet that´s all. He is like a mischievious kid and probably heard someone of his group say that and repeated it.
About he punching her, it was not intentional. Of course he did wrong and did not apologize, that is a thing that is essential regardless the gender. It was a mistake but in the end we all know he deeply cares about her and felt bad about it, and that´s why forgiveness exists XD

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Oct 5, 2012 10:57 AM

May 2012
Waaa Shizuku is the new kuudere queen!
Oct 5, 2012 11:12 AM

Mar 2012
This is how a good anime is to be.

I was watching first episodes of the new series, this one has been the only one that took my attention.

5/5
Oct 5, 2012 1:14 PM

Jun 2008
Even though I've read the manga beforehand, it was still so funny XD The seiyuu fit the characters, too (except for Haru's a bit), that goes for Shizuku's especially. The OP was unexpectedly colourful, by the way.
Oct 5, 2012 6:42 PM

Oct 2011
I love this guy!
OMG this is a cute romance
I will complete this one ;>
Oct 5, 2012 6:54 PM

Jun 2008
Loved the first episode!
Haru is so adorable :'D
Oct 5, 2012 9:41 PM
Apr 2011
So far this is my favorite anime of the new season. Can't wait to see more! :3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2012 5:34 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Man, they packed like 3 episodes worth in one. Very fast paced.

It felt like a cross between Kare Kano and Tora Dora.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 6, 2012 6:13 AM

Jun 2010
hmm thats an intresting relationship....cant wait to see how it goes
Oct 6, 2012 6:51 AM

Nov 2011
I can already tell this show will be one of my favorites this season! LOVE IT!
Oct 6, 2012 7:32 AM

Dec 2010
Liked the first episode. Although very fast paced and average story, I liked the main characters' interactions, not to mention the sharp animation.

Looking forward to see how it will progress.
Oct 6, 2012 7:46 AM
Feb 2012
Wow, overwhelming voting result. But that's to be expected after watching this episode.

Of course I greatly enjoyed this romantic comedy although it did feel like a closure after the first episode. I'm looking forward to what else is coming. 5/5
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Oct 6, 2012 7:57 AM
Aug 2011
Loved this episode and poor Marco T_T
Oct 6, 2012 8:11 AM
May 2012
Quite eccentric plot on romance but interesting as well. However, i felt like it was just getting started.

That said, i'll follow this to the end.
Oct 6, 2012 9:51 AM

Aug 2008
I really dislike Haru's VA. It's making it very difficult to watch.
Oct 6, 2012 9:51 AM

Dec 2011
Why aren't nerds like this in real life xD

Jk...

Anyway, loved this, I am sucker for romance anime and this one just pushes my buttons :D What I find most impressive is character design. Simply refreshing and enjoyable.
Oct 6, 2012 9:59 AM

May 2012
Well I'm currently glad I decided to give every anime a shot this season, considering I would normally pass anything that was based School like/Romance, but I decided to give this one a shot and I'm glad that I did so because I loved it, it was humorous, the humor was put in perfectly and there wasn't too much, and just the whole story made my smile!
Oct 6, 2012 11:10 AM
Jun 2011
Man I really like this, this show is too funny.
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is there going to be a season 2? ( 1 2 )

SalemWitch - Apr 2, 2013

64 by Note_Rikka »»
May 1, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

478 by Prevesis »»
Apr 18, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2012

165 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:42 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2012

165 by ccrr »»
Aug 19, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2012

186 by mirsips »»
Jul 24, 2023 4:11 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.