Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »
May 14, 2012 1:50 PM
Feb 2011
ah... I see what you did there:

Hyouka:
Oreki Houtarou - Nakamura Yuuichi
Fukube Satoshi - Sakaguchi Daisuke

Clannad:
Okazaki Tomoya - Nakamura Yuuichi
Sunohara Youhei - Sakaguchi Daisuke

;)
May 20, 2012 10:49 AM

Mar 2011
That was pretty damn boring to be honest.
May 21, 2012 6:24 AM
May 2012
TowardsTheStars said:

It kinda was, but to me it was a refresher as I've been seeing way too many fan-service/ecchi/comedy animes.

So I'm looking foward to this show.
May 23, 2012 12:36 PM

Oct 2009
Sunohara and Tomoya are back <3
May 25, 2012 1:10 AM

Apr 2012
Was half asleep while watching this but I really like the animation
May 26, 2012 10:49 PM

May 2010
She has the Sharingan.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 29, 2012 3:32 PM

Jul 2010
Mehh I liked it but it wasn't all that special if you ask me. I like the main character because he likes to do at least possible but since he'll start to change from here on I don't really know what to think...

Anyway Eru isn't really all that cute, I don't dislike her (which is a good thing) but I do think her curiosity will get tiring and annoying after a few episodes...

That said I'm kinda looking forward to the rest, it seems like a nice anime.
Animefanx3Jul 11, 2013 4:01 PM
Jun 10, 2012 12:31 PM

Feb 2009
TowardsTheStars said:

Yes, for me too. I'll watch episode 2, but... When I don't like the first episode, I hardly enjoy the rest.
Jun 10, 2012 12:38 PM

Jan 2012
Akai012 said:
TowardsTheStars said:

It kinda was, but to me it was a refresher as I've been seeing way too many fan-service/ecchi/comedy animes.

So I'm looking foward to this show.

Indeed a refreshing compare to some other anime I've seen the last months. The artwork of the anime is absolutely great.
And I like how Houtarou is looking on life, just don't give anything more about then it needs.
Jun 14, 2012 12:23 PM

Jan 2012
Eru is the cutest girl I have seen in the anime so far.
Jun 18, 2012 9:08 PM

Mar 2012
I'm pretty new to anime but even I could tell that the animation is just beautiful and fluid.
Oreki is a keen thinker but boy does his attitude kill me....
Chitanda is pretty cute :3
Fukube is a lot like me so I kinda like him a lot... :D

I need to say this:
DID ANYONE ELSE HEAR BACH'S CELLO SUITE NO. 1 AT THE END?!?!? It, alone, makes me want to watch more. Good music choice!
Jun 28, 2012 10:44 AM

Nov 2007
Why? Somehow when Chitanda's words were like surrounding Houtaro, I remembered Yuuko? haha.

Anyway, I love this anime. Even though I only watched the 1st episode, Im sure that I love this and will continue to love it more. :D
Jun 28, 2012 2:15 PM
Sep 2011
my attention span is too short for this...
Jul 12, 2012 5:08 AM

May 2012
I love a good mystery.
Jul 22, 2012 3:32 PM
Jul 2012
Chitanda is MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Signature removed. See your messages for more information.
Aug 20, 2012 4:29 AM
Jul 2012
Watching first ep. It was awesome ! Just want watch more that anime eps. Its really cute in real ! BTW you have to see more !
Aug 25, 2012 4:35 PM

Jun 2012
This seems nice and relaxing :D
‎"Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles." - Nichijou
Sep 21, 2012 1:13 AM

Sep 2011
Oh my god, she is so fucking cute! She even has my favorite female hairstyle! (straight bangs) xD

Anyways, as for the episode, pretty simple as of right now. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't particularly good either. It was alright. =p

Looking forward to see what they can do with this anime.
Sep 29, 2012 10:38 PM
Jul 2012
The art is masterfully done, the characters are so-so, the execution is good, the mysteries are average, and the music is nice.
Only two points lead me to dislike this episode. The two parts with Chitanda's hair was beautiful, interesting, and a bit funny, but it was mostly ridiculous. I also dislike her general personality. Her pushy attitude makes me recoil. I can't stand leaders who just push people around and do nothing themselves. - Then again, I loved Haruhi, so it might just be my taste.
The second point is ridiculous, but it made a great impact on me. At the part where Houtarou hands over the sheet, they play the same song as G Senjou no Maou, Air on the G String, plays during this scene. I compared that scene to the scenes in G Senjou no Maou, and I raged. This song could not be used like this!
I would rant on, but Chitanda is cute and moves the story so she's bearable. It is a bit slow, but i you appreciate the art or turn off your brain, you'll be fine.
Oct 9, 2012 9:29 AM

May 2012
Not a bad start of this anime, the pas of story line is rather slow but it does keep your attention span for a proper time, let's see how far they can bring this concept to the end!

OP was quite nice let's see what they've got in mind for the ED!

From this first episode rating the art and how the story line goes I'd say 8/10!

4/5 for this episode though...
Oct 16, 2012 2:02 PM

Nov 2009
Rather nice start for the anime, look forward to seeing how this anime pans out.
Oct 17, 2012 9:27 PM

Jun 2012
Wait, so this girl is supposed to be one of the smartest girls in the school and she's having trouble figureing out how she was locked in the room?
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Oct 18, 2012 10:43 AM

Aug 2010
This looks interesting, or at least Oreki does. I wonder if what Oreki saw (as Chitanda's hair curling him) as some kind of symbol that he is trapped in her web? And her eyes... Man, Oreki could not resist those shining eyes.

The animation is very artistic, like the cinematography, how the scenes change, the backdrop, the effects - I love it. Very nice indeed.
Oct 18, 2012 2:23 PM

Jun 2012
OP was beautiful, the animation is amazing as expected and so far a very interesting cast of characters. Very interesting start to the series. Eru was amazingly cute as well. Dem eyes.
Oct 27, 2012 1:39 AM

Jan 2012
apart from the animation which is obviously stunning I wasn't swept away by the episode the girl is so cute though, and I think it'll get better as I progress *crosses fingers*
Nov 4, 2012 12:15 AM

May 2008
Interesting...
Eru Chitanda is an Interesting Character.

...WOW.
Nov 14, 2012 12:47 AM

Jan 2012
Does anyone else not give a shit about their activities?

The support male is annoying as fuck.

Male lead gets turned on by a phrase.

The girl is your typical retarded-innocent type.

This shit is not compelling to watch at all at the moment.
Nov 17, 2012 3:13 AM

Sep 2011
Decent first episode, nothing really special happened. But I like the characters so far :)

Nakamura Yuuichi and Sakaguchi Daisuke together again after Clannad is win!
Satou Satomi is also a plus. But damn, she sounds so different from when she is doing Ritsu :D

The art is gorgeous. I just love KyoAni. They and P.A. Works are awesome!
Nov 17, 2012 5:57 AM

Sep 2012
holy shit houtarou looks exactly like yuuya from chuunibyou
Nov 17, 2012 6:13 PM
Aug 2012
This may be just me but this girl screams Mio from K-on. Just with violet glowing eyes lol and a slight hairstyle change.
I find this episode to be rather luke warm for me. I almost laughed at what they were calling a mystery, I had already figured it out before it got solved. in the end I didn't really care and I figured this episode was probably only there for introducing the main characters. I hope it does pick up ep2 onwards.
Jan 23, 2013 10:04 PM
Dec 2012
Just started to watch this anime now and definitely an addicting series :D
That eyes Chitanda, that EYES XD
Apr 3, 2013 8:42 PM

Jan 2013
Chitanda is adorable. I already know I'm going to be disappointed by the lack of romantic development, so I'm not going to expect much.
So it will be sort of like Gosick.
Jun 8, 2013 8:08 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

I waited a lifetime to have the stream in my mother tongue, but now I can savor yet another KyoAni production, what can I say? Fabulous! The first episodes very difficult to say, but here also having no rivers of adrenaline to the lack of action and involvement while not 100%, made ​​me happy. The dialogues I like, the technical aspect is stunning and the graphics are great! Happy to have started!

Stark700 said:

Dat eyes!

I can understand what you mean, are so intense that color and bright purple! ^_^
Jun 24, 2013 7:19 PM

Jan 2013
Quite a few things stood out after this first episode.

First was the beautiful animation. Honestly felt like movie quality so it's a great look for KyoAni. Second, I immediately recognized that Satoshi's VA is Sakaguchi Daisuke, who played Sunohara from Clannad so I already know I'm gonna enjoy his voice acting. Then, what a pleasure to hear some great classical tracks! When Air started playing I was literally taken aback - one of my all time favorites. Also the Cello suite by Bach and the Beethoven track just added to my pleasure.

Another thing worth mentioning is that Houtarou isn't the "dominant one" in the friendship between him and Satoshi like we would normally see in anime. They are more like equals and this is easily seen in that end scene where Satoshi's already picked up on Houtarou's out of character behavior.

The mystery tag is pulling me so hard toward this anime and I've already heard great things about it so I've got great expectations.

EDIT: Wow, totally didn't recognize it but Houtarou is played by the same guy who did Tomoya as well! YES!!
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Jul 8, 2013 12:09 AM

Sep 2012
To be honest, I thought it was boring.

Also, those eyes!
Aug 5, 2013 9:01 AM

Nov 2012
Really nice animation but at the moment it seems too slice of life-ish for me, hopefully we'll get some REAL mystery soon!
Oct 12, 2013 2:55 PM

Mar 2013
Although I heard the series are overall boring, this was a nice start, IMHO. :)
Nov 12, 2013 5:05 AM

Oct 2013
omg she has da power over him., He is defs gonna have to leave his comfort zone of 'low pwer' becuase of those big purple eyes
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Dec 27, 2013 1:49 AM

Jun 2013
THE ANIMATION IS GREAT.
I love the atmosphere of it.
And the MC is good at logic.
Interesting plot and characters.
Jan 4, 2014 5:01 PM

Dec 2012
It was a nice first episode & the animation is beautiful~!
Hopefully it gets more interesting.
Jan 9, 2014 6:55 PM

Dec 2013
Currently watching this series.. I'm at the op now while typing.. Not the best but I like the drawing. That girl is cute! Feeling excited.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 14, 2014 1:44 PM

Jul 2013
So three main characters introduced in this episode, joining the Classics Club in order to prevent it from disbanding. Full of mysteries and "curiosity" i think this show has potential.

Chitanda's eyes, like hypnotize Hotaro's eyes into demanding something, though still too innocent. Always saying "I'm Curious" huh...

Well as typical for KyoAni's animation still look to innocent and Moe, I'll stick to this in the end.

Feb 9, 2014 4:33 PM

Jul 2013
Wow...such strong purple eyes. Her eyes just looked through my inner soul.
Feb 19, 2014 4:32 AM

Feb 2014
I didnt know what to expect from this anime, I seen it in a amv about a week ago but I was busy with watching other anime's so I got time to day and well I started watching it. First thing I noticed is the database guy that I seen in a review and the main protagonist, who appears to be a logical thinker with a very sharp mind. So far I know he has a sister and that the database is his best friend, he has no interest in what so ever except doing things that he must really quick.
Very intersting start to say the least but the opening song isn't in my top list just to say the least
Mar 2, 2014 8:07 PM

Aug 2013
Well, that sure is an interresting bunch of fellows. ''I'm interested in it'', I'm sure it's not the last time we'll hear this phrase :P

Houtarou really is a cold man, but he seem really smart. I guess it will make a good realistic mystery anime.

Chitanda look very excentric. Not really in a crazy way, but more in a waaaay too curious way. She's cute too :3

Mayaka is a real chatterbox xD
I had trouble following all he was saying :P

I guess next episode, they'll introduce the last girl to the club.

I wonder where this will go. It sure have a good premise. Also, I'm watching this in 1080p, so the animation is amazingly beautiful, it's really bluffing...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 13, 2014 10:38 AM

Oct 2009
omg okazaki and sunohara, the ultimate duo *_*
Mar 18, 2014 1:50 PM

Jun 2012
Great start, pretty interesting.

Apr 9, 2014 1:56 PM

Jul 2009
Wow, great start ... AMAZING animation - everything's so pretty! The camera angles and still still frames were so nice to look at (also their eyes ... especially Chitanda's purple ones XD). Plus pretty awesome OP as well :D
These characters are all pretty interesting so far ... (looked at the seiyuus and it's the same duo from Clannad as the guys :P). "Simple" mysteries so far, but it's interesting to see how Houtarou analyzes them ... and even set up another puzzle for Chitanda :P Acting differently eh ... yep, certainly hit the nail there.
Looks like a new character will be joining next episode! Seems like Houtarou got stuck joining the club too eh ... well, wouldn't be a show without him :P
Apr 11, 2014 1:53 AM

Oct 2013
I could never get enough of the beautiful art of Hyouka. That first ki ni narimasu is so bizzare.

"The more your're inexperienced, the more you show off," I like that quote a lot.
Jun 16, 2014 12:48 PM

May 2014
Strong first episode with beautiful animation and strong characterization. Oddly enough, Chitanda is my least favorite character so far, but I really like Fukube. I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes.
Men always seem to think about their past before they die, as though he were frantically searching for proof that he truly lived.
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2012

268 by KuroNeko318 »»
Jun 8, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Apr 29, 2012

377 by sahzzy_sama »»
May 23, 1:41 AM

» No romance here

YuniVT - Mar 10

26 by KitsuFrost »»
Apr 28, 4:21 AM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 5, 2012

185 by Dasfonia »»
Apr 16, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 6, 2012

266 by Cammell »»
Apr 8, 1:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.