Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Oct 16, 2011 1:53 PM
Dec 2007
jpem said:
Fate/Stay Night the anime has an 8.03 on MAL, if all the people playing the VN say it sucks then it isn't just the VN that is hyping it up. People are clearly over hyping the anime as well, so calling the shitty anime overrated or hyped is perfectly fine.... the VN and the anime are separate and shouldn't require knowledge of both to judge only one of them anyways.
You're obviously not getting it. People asked why it was overhyped. We gave our honest opinion. As for why F/SN keeps such a high score regardless of the fact it paled in comparison to it's source...blame it on the shounen junkies.

Oct 16, 2011 2:10 PM

Jul 2007
Leon-Gun said:
jpem said:Fate/Stay Night the anime has an 8.03 on MAL, if all the people playing the VN say it sucks then it isn't just the VN that is hyping it up. People are clearly over hyping the anime as well, so calling the shitty anime overrated or hyped is perfectly fine.... the VN and the anime are separate and shouldn't require knowledge of both to judge only one of them anyways.
You're obviously not getting it. People asked why it was overhyped. We gave our honest opinion. As for why F/SN keeps such a high score regardless of the fact it paled in comparison to it's source...blame it on the shounen junkies.

pretty much this.

FSN is "highly rated" by so called adolescent action fans, who fawn over the anime adaptation for fanservice and flashy(although badly animated) action sequences, which is, they totally miss the entire point of FSN and like it for something it is not supposed to be.

The hype was not because of flashy action battles or rubber latex wearing girls. The hype was because the VN was a fucking awesome work of art with deep philosophical meanings, great characters and awesome storyline(s)
Oct 16, 2011 2:35 PM

Jun 2008
Leon-Gun said:
As for why F/SN keeps such a high score regardless of the fact it paled in comparison to it's source...blame it on the shounen junkies.

I disagree to some extent....

I think the blame should also go to SOME of the VN fans as well, they can't stop talking about Saber, Rin and Archer...

They act as if the presence of these characters was enough to override how SHITTY and stupid the anime really was.

.....and what makes things even worst is that some F/SN fans STILL talk about that anime as if it were Death Note or Code Geass.

I really can't understand it.....Shirou Emiya was by far one of the WORST protagonist I have ever seen and the story seemed so complex for absolutely no reason.
Oct 16, 2011 2:44 PM

Jun 2008
Sorry for Double posting, but if I try to edit the post above this one, it gets all fucked up:

Anyways, I also wanted to add that some F/SN Visual Novel fans gave F/SN anime a "Lenient score" and didn't properly rate it.

I know this for a FACT since I've read comments on F/SN before and I've seen how some VN fans gave it an 8 or even 9 "Even though it doesn't deserve it.....but I loved the VN".

But HELL, I can't blame them, I've given HIGH anime scores that it doesn't deserve simply because I love the manga......yeah, I know I shouldn't but it's hard to properly rate some anime when you really like the series....even if the anime sucked hard.
Oct 16, 2011 3:27 PM
Dec 2007
JustALEX said:
Sorry for Double posting, but if I try to edit the post above this one, it gets all fucked up:
Anyways, I also wanted to add that some F/SN Visual Novel fans gave F/SN anime a "Lenient score" and didn't properly rate it.
I know this for a FACT since I've read comments on F/SN before and I've seen how some VN fans gave it an 8 or even 9 "Even though it doesn't deserve it.....but I loved the VN".
But HELL, I can't blame them, I've given HIGH anime scores that it doesn't deserve simply because I love the manga......yeah, I know I shouldn't but it's hard to properly rate some anime when you really like the series....even if the anime sucked hard.
Well, I can't argue against that, but I still think you're judging it for what it isn't. As in, the anime is a hollow husk of the original material. It's like judging Tsukihime with just knowledge from the non-existent Tsukihime adaptation. As Fate/Zero is a faithfull prequel of the Visual Novel the F/SN anime has no bearing on it (especially since it's even a different studio adapting it).

Oct 16, 2011 3:36 PM

Jul 2007
Leon-Gun said:
JustALEX said:Sorry for Double posting, but if I try to edit the post above this one, it gets all fucked up:
But HELL, I can't blame them, I've given HIGH anime scores that it doesn't deserve simply because I love the manga......yeah, I know I shouldn't but it's hard to properly rate some anime when you really like the series....even if the anime sucked hard..
Well, I can't argue against that, but I still think you're judging it for what it isn't. As in, the anime is a hollow husk of the original material. It's like judging Tsukihime with just knowledge from the non-existent Tsukihime adaptation. As Fate/Zero is a faithfull prequel of the Visual Novel the F/SN anime has no bearing on it (especially since it's even a different studio adapting it).

Say whatever you want but Tsukihima manga is quite faithful and awesome. Sure it exagerated shiki's badassness but still, if it ever gets adapted into anime, Tsukihime will be awesome, I am sure of that(can you imagine shiki's badassery in that hoterl when nrvnqsr attacks them?). I just hope it just gets separate anime series for each route instead of mashing all routes like fsn deen's "adaptation" did.

As for rin, well she is one of nasuverse's flagship girls. Even if her character was butchered in FSN anime,

and yes, f/zero is more of a prequel to VN than "adaptation" since it references and talks about things that fsn "adaptation" by DEEN did not even touch upon or completely butchered.
Oct 16, 2011 6:04 PM

Dec 2009
Fai said:
Say whatever you want but Tsukihima manga is quite faithful and awesome. Sure it exagerated shiki's badassness but still, if it ever gets adapted into anime, Tsukihime will be awesome, I am sure of that(can you imagine shiki's badassery in that hoterl when nrvnqsr attacks them?). I just hope it just gets separate anime series for each route instead of mashing all routes like fsn deen's "adaptation" did.
As for rin, well she is one of nasuverse's flagship girls. Even if her character was butchered in FSN anime,
and yes, f/zero is more of a prequel to VN than "adaptation" since it references and talks about things that fsn "adaptation" by DEEN did not even touch upon or completely butchered.

lol, IF Tsukihime is ever adapted. Apparently, most of Nasuverse materials that is adapted NOT by ufotable ends up in a drain.
So for safety case, lets just hope ufotable remakes Tsukhime.
Oct 16, 2011 9:27 PM
Jul 2018
Leon-Gun said:
jpem said:Fate/Stay Night the anime has an 8.03 on MAL, if all the people playing the VN say it sucks then it isn't just the VN that is hyping it up. People are clearly over hyping the anime as well, so calling the shitty anime overrated or hyped is perfectly fine.... the VN and the anime are separate and shouldn't require knowledge of both to judge only one of them anyways.

Your point? Just because the anime gets over rate by shounen junkies doesn't make the fact that it is overrated any less true does it?
Oct 17, 2011 2:06 PM

Apr 2010
I wonder the reason why the first episode is the only one to have 48 minutes and the others go with the standard length of 24 minutes

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Oct 17, 2011 2:14 PM
Dec 2007
giusex27 said:
I wonder the reason why the first episode is the only one to have 48 minutes and the others go with the standard length of 24 minutes
Because that's how the studio chose it to be? It was announced from the start that the first episode was gonna be a double feature. It's not like it was random and it isn't the first time (see:kamisama no Memochou episode 1).

Oct 18, 2011 7:49 AM

Sep 2008
WoW. I'm impressed. Onto watching ep2 now. Great start imho.
Oct 20, 2011 1:19 AM

Nov 2010
I wouldn't say I "lost" a tear..

Great episode. Starting to get very interesting.
Oct 22, 2011 4:17 AM

Apr 2009
Fantastic first episode. I am thoroughly impressed. Especially since the quality of this episode is one that I'd expect from a movie, not a TV series. I hope it stays this good.
Oct 23, 2011 10:15 PM
Mar 2009
Oh hell yeah. "Are you my Master?"

Animation quality was bitchin', OP and ED were bitchin', opening story was bitchin'.

Yeah, I liked it a little too much...
Oct 24, 2011 4:03 AM

Jun 2008
shadowtsunami said:
They pretty much talked for 48 minutes lol.

Expect more, since this is a Type-Moon story. Doesn't mean the battles will be less epic though.

Nice Build Up = Awesome battles

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Oct 24, 2011 6:37 AM

Jul 2007
kaimax said:
shadowtsunami said:

Expect more, since this is a Type-Moon story. Doesn't mean the battles will be less epic though.

Epic stuff + philosophical talk + character interactions for hours and hours + sex with silly food metaphors = the awesomeness that is nasu's writing.
Oct 24, 2011 10:42 AM

Jun 2009
Fai said:
kaimax said:
shadowtsunami said:

Epic stuff + philosophical talk + character interactions for hours and hours + sex with silly food metaphors = the awesomeness that is nasu's writing.

Pretty much this.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 24, 2011 10:59 AM

Mar 2008
THIS IS THE DEFINITION OF EPIC
Oct 29, 2011 2:04 PM

Nov 2010
So the real deal begins.
I wasn't expecting much, because Fate/Stay Night didn't fit my taste plot wise.
This first long episode showed show interesting stuff than it's sequel.
The animation style is wonderful as well.
Oct 30, 2011 2:52 PM

Feb 2009
The first episode was a pretty good set-up. The way everything is neatly explained and how everyone is introduced only makes me more interested in what their respective roles will be, just like watching a RPG unfold. I'm especially intrigued by Kiryia and Sakura's story-line.

I must say that the way the last minutes of the episode were executed were, in one word, fuckingwow.
Oct 30, 2011 4:21 PM

Jun 2011
...So, Rin and Sakura are sisters.
0_0 Interesting... I kinda assumed that from Fate/Stay Night

And watching this show after Fate/Stay Night... Makes things a hell of a lot more confusing. XD
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Oct 30, 2011 4:25 PM

Jun 2009
SoraLover1994 said:

And watching this show after Fate/Stay Night... Makes things a hell of a lot more confusing. XD

That's probably because, as has been said countless times already, this isn't a prequel to the F/SN anime but a prequel to the VN.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 30, 2011 6:39 PM

Jun 2008
insan3soldiern said:
SoraLover1994 said:

That's probably because, as has been said countless times already, this isn't a prequel to the F/SN anime but a prequel to the VN.

In the anime, they made it so vague that no one knows that their sisters.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Oct 30, 2011 9:26 PM
Dec 2007
kaimax said:
insan3soldiern said:
SoraLover1994 said:

In the anime, they made it so vague that no one knows that their sisters.
The anime has hints to the Kiritsugu-Iliasviel relationship (the flashback where a person resembling Kiritsugu leaves Ilya behind) and the Archer backstory too (image of Shirou and the pendant in the credits of episode 14).

Nov 2, 2011 10:33 AM

Dec 2009
Hopefully I don't miss anything because I haven't watched Fate/Stay Night.

A little bored about the first episode but it was interesting atleast.
The last minutes were really enjoyable.

I have a feeling the next episodes will be awesome :)
Nov 30, 2011 4:00 AM

Jun 2008
Sir_Lexa said:
Hopefully I don't miss anything because I haven't watched Fate/Stay Night.

A little bored about the first episode but it was interesting atleast.
The last minutes were really enjoyable.

I have a feeling the next episodes will be awesome :)

How can you call this boring?
It was INTENSE. This is better than Fate/Stay night. For sure. (Still haven't seen Unlimited Blade Works, gotta check that out)
Nov 30, 2011 5:12 PM

Sep 2010
Looks amazing and promising, watched in hd, hopefully i dont want get lost without knowing f/sn novel and anime, looks like fate zero is a previous generation of that war "the same thing" more or less
Dec 8, 2011 3:02 AM

Dec 2008
speechless this is a masterpiece
Dec 19, 2011 1:21 AM

Jul 2009
HOLY MOTHER OF THE HOLY GRAIL.. such a masterpiece.. 10/10
When saber talked, instantly I wet my pants.. even Chuck Norris cannot do that.
Im speechless, the opening is a total masterpiece (Must be considerer in the next week of my ranking).. The animation, plot, character development ALL..

Thanks god i started watching Fate/Stay night like 1 week ago and now im here.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2011 1:30 AM

Oct 2007
I can't be the only one wondering about the name of the (BGM?) song playing during the summoning towards the end, it is so damn epic. The orchestra + choir song... I MUST KNOW THE NAME!
Dec 26, 2011 9:05 PM

Apr 2009
Well this is my first time watching anything of this franchise. So, I'm lost.

Hopefully it'll clear up later on.....
Dec 29, 2011 4:42 PM

Sep 2008
This first episode was pretty awesome. I have only watched F/SN and havent touched anything else so I got lost at times .I'm looking forward to future episodes.
Dec 29, 2011 6:09 PM

Sep 2011
I'm gonna start watching this because of the music. Epic music.
Jan 4, 2012 8:03 PM

Dec 2008
Wow that was sure a lot of dialogue! Nice ending, now let's get to some action.
Jan 7, 2012 3:20 AM
Nov 2011
Well this is my first exposure to the fate franchise. But It's got an interesting hook, and few programs these days get a premise established well in such a little amount of time. Sure there may be more characters that get fleshed out later, but I really like a bit of how each of the chosen seem to have their own likable characteristics thus far. I'm not sure who too root for. LOL
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Jan 15, 2012 12:20 PM

Mar 2009
DrHouse said:
Gamaliel said:
1st. Tokiomi and Risei walking in circles around Kirei was stupid (my opinion)
This so much. I thought that that was just me.

I know that they're trying to make up for the fact that this is a very dialogue-heavy and action-light episode, but they really shouldn't have done that. I mean it just came across as a very clumsy way of trying to invoke the old walk-and-talk. Maybe it would have worked if the circle wasn't perfectly choreographed, and if Tokiomi would have just put the wine down.

Me too!
At first I was like eh? (they continue walking)
is it me or..? (still walking)
hey? (walking)
why???!! why they keep walking??! (stil walking)
please stop them!! oh, God! (stopped)
thanks God!
One of them asked Kirei if he had any questions.
Me-YES!! for God's sake WHY you walked in circles?
But Kirei didn't find it surprising and asked something less important..
Jan 15, 2012 12:57 PM

Jun 2011
Sorry if this has been discussed before, but did anyone find Illya's birth a little too early? If she was born 8 years before the events of Fate/Zero, that means she was 8 by the time of the 4th Holy Grail War. This means she would be 18 by the time of the 5th Holy Grail War (when she appears before Shiro and has her Berserker). I thought she was younger in Fate/Stay Night. I certainly didn't imagine her to be older than Rin and Shiro. Any thoughts on this?
Jan 15, 2012 4:05 PM

May 2009
Razorfinger said:
I thought she was younger in Fate/Stay Night. I certainly didn't imagine her to be older than Rin and Shiro. Any thoughts on this?
She looks younger but she's actually older than Shirou and Rin. You can read about it here: http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Illyasviel_von_Einzbern#Appearance
Feb 5, 2012 9:18 PM

May 2011
not a bad start, looking forward to more
Feb 6, 2012 5:03 PM
Mar 2010
That was an awesome opening. Just goes to show that an opening episode full of dialogue can still be gripping if done well. Filled a few loose ends with Fate/Stay Night as well for me.
Got to say, looks like I'll be enjoying this!
Feb 12, 2012 7:34 PM

Dec 2011
Awesome star, lots of great cheracters. I´m so glad they explained the reasons and showed them now instead of during the fights!
Feb 12, 2012 10:18 PM

Mar 2010
Whoa, after hearing all the hype and the built-up tension from everyone I can actually say that I'd have to agree. This anime is no joke! The real deal, for sure! The animation is lovely! The sounds is nothing below average. And I can say that I'm ACTUALLY interested in the story! So far I haven't been let down. However, there is still a ways to go. Looking forward to the next!
Feb 13, 2012 5:28 PM

Jan 2012
just started to watching this series

so the first episode is almost like 2 episodes long, and it contains almost all the characters' backgrounds. that's all you need to start following the story

but why did kiritsugu and iri look like surprised after saber showed up? do they think that arthur pengindrum (correct me if wrong) is a male saber? LOL

get to the next episode
Mar 21, 2012 7:01 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Much better than the first episode of Fate Stay. Like the more adult characters and general feel.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 24, 2012 11:10 AM

Feb 2012
Wow, this is miles beyond the F/sn anime. I'm so glad I'm catching this in time for the second season.

And no matter what age she is, Rin is still tsundere and still sporting some zettai ryouiki...
Apr 5, 2012 8:39 PM

Nov 2011
Holy hell, 47 mins. And 47 mins of stunningly beautiful animation...I'm fucking happy about this series now.

Stark700Apr 5, 2012 9:14 PM
Apr 8, 2012 9:53 PM

Jul 2010
Stark700 said:
Holy hell, 47 mins. And 47 mins of stunningly beautiful animation...I'm fucking happy about this series now.

i was just wondering if this was 1 episode i watched or 2.

but anyway, damn a lot of info, though i feel i forgot a lot of information from stay night. hopefully it wont deter me.

Apr 29, 2012 4:43 PM

Dec 2010
Watching this without watching Stay Night or any other shit because I can.
May 11, 2012 1:30 AM

Nov 2011
That was a lot of character intros and information. A war of seven participants; interesting to see all the different types of people chosen for this "battle royale." I'm curious as to what happened in the previous wars and how the three families play into everything.
A great start for a promising series.
May 20, 2012 12:56 AM

Jul 2011
I'm very glad that I decided to read F/SN before checking this out. This was definitely made for the fans of F/SN and it looks incredible.

Wow Deen gives F/SN a horrible name huh? You guys, I know it's too late for a lot of you, but turn the video off and go read F/SN right now before watching this. I know it may be a bit early for me to judge, but it seems like you'll get more enjoyment out of this if you've read F/SN ( and no please do not watch the anime by Deen).

Also, people saying Shirou is a bad character, please read the VN, his development is really touching. Haven't seen the anime for F/SN and not sure I ever will if it makes people hate the franchise and Shirou so much.
Pages (14) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favorite female character in fate universe?

Ain2Zwei - May 21

37 by LightNoragami1 »»
2 hours ago

» I'm not interested in the fate series at all but

mydaddy - Apr 26

19 by Ashikhi »»
May 25, 5:39 AM

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.